J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat May 07, 2011 6:46 am

Our Mother's Day Family theme continues with another member of the First Family of the Dresdenverse.

Oh, so those are fun time handcuffs, not bad time handcuffs.

MOLLY CARPENTER
PL: 8 (134 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 5 (+8), Expertise [Magic] 5 (+7), Expertise [Popular Culture] 3 (+5), Insight 7 (+9), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 2 (+4), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+8), Stealth 2 (+4), Vehicles 2 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Redirect, Ritualist, Teamwork

POWERS:
Prestidigitation: Feature 1 (You can create minor illusions as “magic tricks” primarily suitable for entertainment, but potentially good for a circumstance bonus for interaction skills or to distract targets from other happenings); 1 pt
Wizard Physiology: Feature 1 (Longevity), Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds, Extra: Persistent); 3 pts
Wizard Senses: 4 pt Array; 6 pts
Soulgaze: Mind Reading 8 (Extra: Affects Others, Flaw: Sense Dependent [Eye Contact], Distracting, Uncontrolled); 5 pts
Magic Senses: Senses 1 (Magical Awareness [Mental; Ranged, Acute, Extended]); 1 pt
The Sight: Senses 1 (Normal Vision [Accurate, Analytical, Counters Concealment, Counters Illusion], Flaw: Duration [Concentration]); 1 pt

Mind Shield: Enhanced Will 5 (Extra: Impervious 5, Flaw: Limited [Mental Powers only], Sustained); 5 pts
Magic Array: 40 pt Array; 45 pts
One Woman Rave: Burst Area Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Visual and Hearing Impaired, 2nd: Visual and Hearing Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Hearing Unaware, Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Concentration); 40 pts
Veils: Burst Area Concealment 4 (All Visual, Extra: Affects Others, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Selective); 1 pt
Mental Intrusion: Mind Reading 8; 1 pt
Hireki: Burst Area Nullify 8 (Concealment, Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius]); 1 pt
Misdirection Hex: Enhanced Dodge 8 (Extra: Affects Others, Subtle, Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 8 (Extra: Affects Others, Subtle, Flaw: Sustained); 1 pt
Hexus!: Perception Range Nullify 8 (Post WWII technology); 1 pt[/i]

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
b]Magic Kit:[/b] Feature 1 (Spell casting paraphernalia); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [One Woman Rave Affliction +8, Burst Area; Hireki Nullify +8, Burst Area; Hexus Nullify +8, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Accident: Wizards and technology don't mix.
Enemy: Just by virtue of being Harry's apprentice and the daughter of one of the Knights of the Cross, she's inherited MANY.
Power Loss: Wizards lose their magic under running water and can be affected by thresholds. Their magic can also be nullified by protective circles. They can also lose their powers if they overextend themselves. And they need to be able to gesture and/or speak to cast their spells.
Relationships: The Carpenter family and Harry Dresden, who is not only her mentor, but she also has an un
Reputation: Warlock in the eyes of the White Council and currently under the Doom of Damocles. Meaning any violation of the 7 Laws of Magic will result in the death penalty for both her and her mentor, Harry.
Vulnerable: Molly is very sensitive to magic and in particular the usage of strong black magic or mental magic. Being in the presence of such can cause her impairment, to be dazed and eventually immobilized

Abilities 38 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 60 + Defenses 13 = 134 / 134

Comments: Harry’s apprentice Molly Carpenter. She's the wild child daughter of Michael and upcoming Charity Carpenter (not until Mother's Day, of course) who has magical gifts that she initially began to use the wrong way. She was using a bit of mind control to help some friends kick their drug addictions, but even those her usage was for good, it was a still a major violation of the Laws of Magic so Harry had to save her bacon and take her on as his apprentice to make sure the White Council didn't behead her. Michael helping save several members of the Senior Council right before the final vote was cast didn't hurt either.

She is under the Doom of Damocles, so if she messes up, both she and Harry get beheaded by a Warden of the White Council. No pressure, right. As such, I didn't include her Mind Reading powers or such since that would definitely be a power stunt under dire circumstances at this point. She does not have the "kaboom" magic power that Harry does, but she rocks at subtle magic like Veils, misdirection and her visual and auditory dazzle effect she calls the One Woman Rave. Which is the coolest name for anything that Jim Butcher has come up with so far, IMHO. 8)
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #7

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat May 07, 2011 6:55 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:We have another item in our SOUNDS OF COMICS Special and it's also the top item in our HEROES IN THE HALF SHELL line.

Raph...You aren't ready. You're impatient, and hot tempered, and more importantly... I'm better than you...

LEONARDO
PL: 8 (148 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+11), Athletics 6 (+9), Close Combat [Ninjato] 1 (+11), Deception (+3), Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+11), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 6 (+8), Insight 7 (+11) [Assessment], Intimidation (+3), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 7 (+11), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 6 (+9), Sleight of Hand 4 (+7), Stealth 9 (+13) [Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery], Treatment 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Assessment, Combat Leader*, Cunning Fighter*, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (2), Extraordinary Effort, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (1) (Ninjato), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (1), Languages (1) (Japanese, Base: English), Leadership, Precise Attack (1) (Close, Concealment), Quick Draw, Skill Mastery (1) (Stealth), Takedown (2), Teamwork, Trance, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Hero in a Half Shell: Protection 1, Feature 1 (can retract head); 2 pts
Mutant Turtle Physiology: Leaping 1 (15 ft), Swimming 3 (4 mph), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Aquatic Environments); 6 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Commlink: Feature 1, Miniscule; 1ep
Arsenal: (8ep)
Twin Ninjato: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Critical 19-20, Extra: Split, Feature: Multi-Purpose Tool, Small; 5ep
Shuriken: Piercing Ranged Damage 1, Extra: Multiattack; 25ft range, Small; 3ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +3]
Ninjatos +11 [Twin Ninjatos +5, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Throwing +9 [Shuriken +1, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Shredder, Karai, The Foot
Honor: Leo strictly adheres to the ninja and bushido code
Relationships: His brothers, Casey Jones, April O'Neil and Master Splinter
Secret: The Turtles try to remain out of the public eye and operate in secret and stealth

Abilities 66 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 8 + Defenses 14 = 148 / 148

Comments: The leader of the brothers, Leonardo. He came out way over pointed for a PL8, but I don't care, he's the most skilled turtle and I wanted him to be more than able to handle any of his brothers, even Raph. Despite what happened in the CGI movie, he should beat Raph more often than not but in general, I see all of them very close in skill.

Clean Up 5/7/11: Leo gets a once-over. Tightened up his Advantages a bit and added a few more skill points.

Sticking with the Family theme, I took some time to go over the TMNT again earlier in the week, so I am updating them now. Granted, they never really show much of a "mother" figure in the books or the shows, but they are definitely a great family and they are most certainly some bad MOTHERS! :D
Shop J-Mart!

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Re: J-Mart 3E: Michael and Molly Carpenter

Postby Woodclaw » Sat May 07, 2011 7:38 am

Great builds Thorpa, I'm waiting to see your version of Charity.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: J-Mart 3E: Michael and Molly Carpenter

Postby Emerald Flame » Sat May 07, 2011 11:08 am

I'm lovin' the new product line at J-Mart.

Keep up the great work Thorpacolypse!!
Emerald Flame's 3e Builds
Emerald Flame's 2e Misc. Builds

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 08, 2011 11:32 am

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY FROM J-MART! We've got a couple of our favorite moms to post today and we're starting with

Happy Mother's Day.

CHARITY CARPENTER
PL: 8 (108 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise [Blacksmith/Armorer] 6 (+8), Expertise [Homemaker] 8 (+10), Expertise [Magic] 1 (+3), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation 5 (+8) [Daze, Startle], Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+3), Stealth 3 (+5), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 2 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Daze (1) (Intimidation), Defensive Attack, Equipment (4), Improved Critical (2) (Bludgeoning Weapons, Long Blades), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Smash, Improvised Tools, Leadership, Lionheart*, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Startle, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20ep)
Chain Mail: Protection 3; 3ep
Kevlar Shirt: Protection 2, Limited to Ballistic Damage, Subtle; 2ep
Arsenal: (3ep)
Warhammer: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3, Medium; 3ep
Vehicle: (8ep)
Family Van (The Sandcrawler): Size - H, Strength - 9, Speed - 5, Def - 6, Tough - 10; 8ep
Headquarters: (5ep)
Carpenter Family Home: Size - Small, Features: Garage, Living Space, Workshop, Security System (DC15), Effect (Threshold, Panic Room [Toughness 10]); 5ep, (Michael pays for half)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2; War Hammer +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +6 (+8 against Ballistics), Fortitude +6, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Denarians
Guilt: Over her less than rosy past
Relationships: Her husband, Michael, her children
Responsibility: She takes a lot of responsibility for supporting Michael as a Knight of the Cross, filling in as dual parent while he's gone, making his armor and other weapons, sparring with him and anything else that needs done
Rivalry: Harry, and to a degree, Molly. She had bad experiences with wizards and the magical world and has never trusted or like Harry, nor does she like Molly trying to fufill her magical potential. And really, how many teenage girls get along with their mother?
Temper: God and any other deities you can muster up help you if you mess with her kids

Abilities 50 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 0 + Defenses 16 = 108 / 108

Comments: This might be a little overpowered, but from what I recall from Proven Guilty, maybe not. This is Michael Carpenter wife, and Molly’s mom, Charity Carpenter. She is one of my favorite characters in the series mainly because Butcher has chosen to glorify her as the rock of the Carpenter family.

I gave her a good smattering of skills because I know from parenting, you HAVE to be pretty dang flexible and try to know something about everything make things work and I only have two younger ones, she's juggling 7 including a burgeoning wizard. And she's strong in combat she is apparently Michael's sparring partner and she made their armor among other things. She rocks.

And is there a better pic than that to post on Mother's Day? Nothing makes me smile more than seeing the Little Thorpacolypses all cuddled up with their mother watching TV or reading a book and seeing that pic that I swiped from Woodclaw makes me do the same thing.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

#255, #256

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 08, 2011 11:47 am

And again, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY FROM J-MART! This is another family of characters from The Dresdenverse with a Mother's Day theme so check them out on Aisle 9!

And they call it Puppy Love...

Overall Comments: Here are Georgia (she gets top billing since it's Mothers Day and she is preggers right now in the Dresdenverse) and William/Billy Borden, the leaders of The Alphas. The Alphas were a group of kinda geeky college students that learned how to turn themselves into wolves and were befriended by Harry in the second book, Fool Moon. There were initially about 12 of them but as time has gone on, most of them have left and only Billy, Georgia, Kirby, and Andi show up now, with occasional guest appearances from some of the initial group. Harry has remained close to Will and Georgia in particular as they have provided him lots of support over the years.

I don’t know that I am going to build the rest of the Alphas. I would just put them at PL5, with the same powers and Billy and Georgia, and vary their skills a little bit. Kirby I might put at PL6 as well before he got roughed up. Jab’s Greater Grey Wolf build would suffice, really, just adding Int 1 and rolling on. I would also probably make them all PL5 if I were doing an early book version.

GEORGIA BORDEN
PL: 6 (109 pts) - OPL: 6 ; DPL: 6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0 [2], STAMINA 1 [3], AGILITY 2 [4], DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+7/+9) [Agile Feint], Athletics 3 (+5), Deception (+2), Expertise [Behavioral Sciences] 5 (+8), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation (+2), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 3 (+7/+9), Treatment 1 (+4), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Daddy’s Money), Equipment (2), Leadership, Set-Up (1), Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will Check)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES:, Agile Feint, Close Attack (3), Defensive Attack, Evasion (1), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Wolf Physique: Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Constitution 2, Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Dodge 3, Enhanced Parry 3, Protection 1, Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold), Enhanced Advantages 8 (see Advantages); 28 pts
Wolf Movement: Speed 2 (8 mph), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 2, Stealth 2); 5 pts
Wolf Senses: Senses 6 (Scent [Extended, Acute, Tracking], Normal Hearing [Extended], Low-Light Vision, Ultra-Hearing), Enhanced Skills 2 (Perception 4); 8 pts
Fangs and Claws: Piercing/Slashing Damage 1, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Cell Phone, Standard: Feature 1, Diminutive; 1ep
Vehicle: (8ep)
Van: Size - H, Strength - 9, Speed - 5, Def - 6, Tough - 10; 8ep
Headquarters: (1ep)
Apartment: Size - Diminutive, Feature 2 (Computer, Living Space, Effect [Threshold]); 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +2; Bite +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 (+8 Wolf Form) [DC15/18] Parry +5 (+8 Wolf Form) [DC15/18]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +7 (Ultimate Check)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Georgia and The Alphas incurred the wrath of Maeve, The Summer Lady, thanks to helping Harry in the Faerie War
Identity: She and the other Alphas try to keep others outside of their main circle from knowing what they really are
Relationships: Her husband, William, the other Alphas and Harry Dresden
Responsibility: The area around their Chicago University area apartment, the other Alphas

Abilities 34 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 35 + Defenses 8 = 109 / 109

Comments: Billy’s wife, and den mother of The Alphas, Georgia McAllister Borden. She’s not as powerful as Billy, er, William, but she’s as fast, if not faster and is more intuitive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WILLIAM BORDEN
PL: 7 (105 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [3], STAMINA 3 [5], AGILITY 2 [4], DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+5/+7), Athletics 4 (+7), Deception (+2), Expertise [Magic] 1 (+3), Expertise [Streetwise] 3 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation 2 (+4), Perception 4 (+6/+10), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 3 (+7/+9), Technology 5 (+7), Treatment 1 (+3), Vehicles 2 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (1), Equipment (1), Inspire (1), Leadership, Teamwork

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Defensive Attack, Evasion (1), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Wolf Physique: Enhanced Strength 1, Enhanced Constitution 2, Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Dodge 3, Enhanced Parry 2, Protection 1, Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold), Enhanced Advantages 6 (see Advantages); 23 pts
Wolf Movement: Speed 2 (8 mph), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 2, Stealth 2); 5 pts
Wolf Senses: Senses 6 (Scent [Extended, Acute, Tracking], Normal Hearing [Extended], Low-Light Vision, Ultra-Hearing), Enhanced Skills 2 (Perception 4); 8 pts
Fangs and Claws: Piercing/Slashing Damage 1, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)

OFFENSE:[/b
Initiative +8
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +3; Bite +4]
Ranged Attack +2

[b]DEFENSES:

Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +3 (+6 Wolf Form), Fortitude +4 (+6 Wolf Form), Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Billy and The Alphas incurred the wrath of Maeve, The Summer Lady, thanks to helping Harry in the Faerie War
Identity: He and the other Alphas try to keep others outside of their main circle from knowing what they really are
Relationships: His wife, Georgia, the other Alphas and Harry Dresden
Responsibility: The area around their Chicago University area apartment, the other Alphas

Abilities 42 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 32 + Defenses 7 = 105 / 105

Comments: Billy, or now William Borden is the leader of The Alphas. He started out pretty geeky, but has become a well rounded and pretty effective character.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 08, 2011 11:53 am

One last time, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY FROM J-MART! Check out this J-Mart Favorite item!

I'm gonna Kill Bill...

THE BRIDE (BEATRIX KIDDO)
PL: 9 (139 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Swords] 2 (+12), Deception 4 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Insight 5 (+8) [Assessment], Intimidation 4 (+5), Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+1/+3) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 1 (+10), Sleight of Hand 4 (+7), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology (+2), Treatment (+2), Vehicles 1 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Attractive (1), Beginner's Luck, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Evasion (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Improved Critical (3) (Unarmed, Long Blades, Firearms), Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Weapon (1), Languages (1) (Japanese, Mandarin, Base: English), Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (6), Redirect, Takedown (2), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique: Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cumulative, Flaw: Tiring); 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Hattori Hanzo Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 18-20, Extra: Weapon Break, Medium; 6ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +2, Critical 19-20]
Sword +13 [Sword +5, Critical 17-20]
Ranged Attack +9
Firearms +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, Bill
Honor: She tries to uphold the honorable martial arts teachings of her master, Pai Mei
Obsession: What else? Kill Bill
Relationships: Her daughter, and even though she is going kill them all, she still has ties to her former friends in the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad
Revenge: Against her former friends for trying to kill her on her wedding day
Rivalry: Elle Driver

Abilities 58 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 28 + Powers 8 + Defenses 20 = 139 / 139

Comments: Another one of my favorite mothers, The Bride, Beatrix Kiddo from the awesome Kill Bill movies. I’m not going to go into a lot of explanation if you haven’t seen the movies (go do it NOW, or at least tomorrow when you’re not watching Steel Magnolias or the Notebook with your mom, wife, etc. to make them happy on Mothers’ Day) but long story short, Uma kicked all kinds of ass in this movie and ends up reunited with her daughter at the end.

And that's it for today. I was letting the Mrs. have a nap, but apparently the Little Thorpacolypses have decided to serenade her with some Rock Band so her, and my, peace is over. :wink:
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

chatty
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart 3E: Happy M-Day! Charity, The Alphas, The Bride

Postby chatty » Wed May 11, 2011 6:14 pm

"And what, pray tell, is the five point palm exploding heart technique?"
"Persistence is often met with vengeance!"

Truxton Spangler (Rubicon Season 1, Episode 9)

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Wed May 11, 2011 7:11 pm

I have to say Cumulative seems like a poor choice for the 5PPEHT. Progressive seems like a better fit-she hits you with it, you fail by one degree, then next turn you can't walk, turn after that-adios.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed May 11, 2011 7:57 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:I have to say Cumulative seems like a poor choice for the 5PPEHT. Progressive seems like a better fit-she hits you with it, you fail by one degree, then next turn you can't walk, turn after that-adios.

Dude, I couldn't agree more. I built her without my PDFs handy so I couldn't think of the Extra that fit it best and that is it. I will fix that up. Muchas gracias!
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 15, 2011 6:12 pm

chatty wrote:"And what, pray tell, is the five point palm exploding heart technique?"

I will PM you the explanation. I don't want to spoil it for anyone that might not have seen the movies yet, that wants to.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Oops, double post...
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri May 20, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 15, 2011 6:16 pm

We're staying in the Dresdenverse for a while longer as I prepare for a Father's Day Dresdenverse FTF game I am running. Another new item from that series hits the Aisle 9 shelves.

SIGRUN GARD
PL: 9 (165 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4 [5], STAMINA 4 [5], AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 4 (+9), Deception 4 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Magic] 7 (+10) [Ritualist], Expertise [Military] 5 (+8), Expertise [Mythology] 6 (+9), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 6 (+9), Insight 7 (+11), Intimidation 4 (+7/+11), Investigation 2 (+5) [Well-Informed], Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion (+3/+5) [Attractive], Stealth 3 (+7), Treatment 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (2) (Status – Marcone Inner Circle, Monoc Corporation resources), Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Equipment (4), Evasion (1), Favored Foe (Grendelkin), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, Base: Norse), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (6), Ritualist, Takedown (1), Well-Informed

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Improved Smash, Last Stand *, Weapon Break

POWERS:
Valkyrie Physiology: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Regeneration 1 (Extra: Persistent); 4 pts
Valkyrie Senses: Senses 4 (Detect Those About to Die [Mental, Extended 2, Tracking]); 4 pts
Berserker Rage: Enhanced Strength 1, Enhanced Stamina 1, Enhanced Advantages 4 (see Advantages), Enhanced Skills 2 (Intimidation 4 ranks); (Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Limited [only when raging); 5 pts
Rune Axe: 9 pts traits, Easily Removable (-3 pts); 6 pts
Axe Strike: Mystic Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical), (Extra: Penetrating 5); 9 pts
Rune Tiles: 15 pts traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 9 pts
Rune Magic: Variable 3 (15 pts traits, Mystic Descriptor, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 15 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(20ep)
20ep for equipment as needed supplied by Monoc or Marcone

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +5; Axe +7, Critical 19-20; Raging Axe +8, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack (DEX) +9

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Grendelkin
Man out of Time: Since she is around a thousand years old, modern culture sometimes confounds her
Responsibility: To her main "employer", the Monoc Corporation and protecting John Marcone
Temper: While generally stoic, when she gets angry the berserker comes out, and that's not always a good thing

Abilities 70 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 28 + Powers 23 + Defenses 15 = 165 / 165

Comments: The enigmatic Ms. Gard from The Dresden Files. She first appeared in the book Death Masks as an arcane advisor to John Marcone. Then in the short story Heorot, she teams up with Harry to take on a Grendelkin, an ancient foe of her kind, the Valkyrie, that are the offspring of the legendary original Grendel that fought Beowulf. She later shows up in Small Favor, where she assisted Harry in rescuing Marcone from the Denarians. She’s a wicked fighter as she showed in Heorot and in Small Favor, but not in Kincaid’s league. However, with her contacts and her arcane knowledge, she’s a big player in Harry’s setting. I wouldn’t cross her.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Another item from our Dresdenverse line is getting stocked on Aisle 9.

Just when you thought cats couldn't get any creepier...

MALKS
PL: 5 (79 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+7), Athletics 5 (+8), Deception 3 (+4), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+1/-1), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 2 (+6/+10)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (1), Fast Grab, Improved Trip, Languages (1) (English, Base: Malk), Prone Fighting, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Animal Senses: Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Scent [Acute, Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Ultra-Hearing); 5 pts
Cat Physiology: Speed 3 (8 mph), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold); 5 pts
Expert Climbing: Enhanced Skills 2 (Athletics 4, Flaw: Limited [Climb checks only]); 1 pt
Always Land Their Feet: Immunity 5 (Falling Damage, Flaw: Limited [Half effect]); 3 pts
Malk Claws: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical) (Extra: Penetrating 4, Split); 9 pts
Small Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass; Extra: Innate); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +2; Claws +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +6, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Malks cannot use their paws to easily manipulate objects
Phobia: They don't like water
Responsibility: The Winter Court
Vulnerable: All fae are vulnerable to cold iron/steel. It eliminates any Impervious Toughness and inflicts an additional degree of damage/failure on a failed check against weapons/effects that involved them

Abilities 32 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 28 + Defenses 4 = 79 / 79

Comments: Malks are large fae cats that are generally loyal to the Winter Court as Queen Mab has a large Malk named Grimalkin that she used to speak to Harry when she was mad at him for the raid on Arctis Tor and as such, her voice would have pretty much killed him. By the way, she’s going to be a pretty tough stat out, I fear, but I am going to do it…

Anyway, they show up in large numbers in the short story Heorot which involves the above posted Gard asking Harry to assist her in finding and killing a Grendelkin. The Malks stand between the heroes and Grendelkin they are shown to be pretty wicked in a group. Someone like Harry could handle a good number of them but he told Gard she would probably only be able to handle 5-6 of them, so PL5 seemed to fit that bill since I have her at PL9. Their claws are sharp enough into deep rock and slice steel so +6 for them felt about right.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun May 15, 2011 6:30 pm

More Dresdenverse stuff is hitting the Aisle 9 shelves.

SHELLYCOBBS
PL: 3 (31 pts) - OPL: 3 ; DPL: 3

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception (-1), Insight (+1), Intimidation (-1/-3), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion (-1), Stealth 2 (+2/+6)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (3), Favored Environment (Aquatic)

POWERS:
Small Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass; Extra: Innate); 5 pts
Hard Shell: Protection 2, Impervious 2; 6 pts
Shellycobb Physiology: Speed 2 (8 [4] mph), Swimming 2 (2 mph), Immunity 2 (Environmental Cold, Suffocation [Drowning]), Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision), Comprehend 1 (Nixie Fae, Flaw: Limited [Winter Court only]); 8 pts
Claws: Piercing/Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2 (Extra: Variable Descriptor 1 [Piercing/Bludgeoning]); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +1; Claws +3]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 [DC12] Parry +2 [DC12]
Toughness +4 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +4, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Shellycobbs cannot use their claws easily for manipulation of objects and cannot communicate with humanoids
Responsibility: To their master/mistress
Vulnerable: All fae are vulnerable to cold iron/steel. It eliminates any Impervious Toughness or Magical Protection and inflicts an additional degree of damage/failure on a failed check against weapons/effects that involved them

Abilities 0 + Skills 2 (4 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 22 + Defenses 3 = 31 / 31

Comments: Shellycobbs are fae creatures from the Dresdenverse that resemble large wicked crabs with basketball size claws. I thought that pic was pretty close to how I envisioned them, except I think Butcher described them as black.

They first show up in Summer Knight and again in the short story Something Borrowed where in both cases they are being led by Jenny Greenteeth, one of the faves of The Winter Lady Maeve. Again, they cause problems for the good guys because their large numbers, but they are not dreadfully dangerous on their own. I probably overpowered them here, but I wanted them to be a good challenge for my players. I might go back and make them PL3, but we'll see how these work.

Clean Up 1/26/13: I brought them down to PL3 because my players at PL8 had far more problems with them than Murph and Dresden did in Something Borrowed and at that point, I would probably have Murphy at PL7 and Dresden at PL9.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Return to “Roll Call”