J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon May 30, 2011 7:27 am

Our last Guardians of the Globe item is hitting the shelves!

Big things come in small packages. But that doesn't apply to this guy.

SHRINKING RAY
PL: 9 (135 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+10), Athletics 7 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+12), Deception (+1), Expertise [Science] 9 (+11), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+1/-7), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 1 (+3/+19), Technology 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Close Attack (3), Defensive Roll (1), , Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack, Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
[Shrinking: Shrinking 16 (-4 Str, +8 Dodge/Parry, +16 Stealth, -8 Intimidation, Speed -4, -4 Mass; Extra: Normal Strength); 48 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Watchtower/JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +9
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 (+14 when fully shrunk) [DC16/24] Parry +6 (+14 when fully shrunk) [DC16/24]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The League of Miniature Assassins
Inferiority Complex: He gets a bit sensitive when it is implied his powers are not as useful as the rest of the Guardians of The Globe
Responsibility: To protect the world as a member of the Guardians of the Globe

Abilities 42 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 48 + Defenses 12 = 135 / 135

Comments: Shrinking Ray is a member of the Guardians of the Globe and he really didn’t get much run into he got whacked by the Lizard League. This is another build that is pretty much an original considering how little info they gave on him, but I wanted to hit all the core members of the Guardians while I was doing the run. I’ll hit the original group that got whacked early on at some and new group later on once I pick up the trade. I cannot pass up a chance to work up Kaboomerang!

Clean Up 9/3/11: After looking at Ray a little more, I realized there was no need to put him someone like Wasp's league as a PL12 with his shrinking abilities since he never seems to go beyond his 2 inch level so I dropped his Shrinking to 16 and with a couple of tweaks he's now a playable PL9. That seems more like him.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: J-Mart 3E: DCA tweaks, Guardians of the Globe

Postby BARON » Mon May 30, 2011 7:05 pm

i seem to recall him being just a clone of the Atom. they mentioned a physics background didn't they?

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon May 30, 2011 9:00 pm

BARON wrote:i seem to recall him being just a clone of the Atom. they mentioned a physics background didn't they?

Well, they mentioned that he MIGHT have a physics background and the Comicvine info I looked at said they weren't sure where he got his powers. I could easily add that and he'd still be way under points. They never showed him doing much of anything, so it was hard to get a gauge on what he could really do. Maybe we'll see more in the future via a flashback or something.

And you know me, I LOVE to rework builds, so this is not the final version by any stretch. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Angry Police Chief
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Angry Police Chief » Mon May 30, 2011 10:00 pm

PL 12 seems high for Shrinking Ray. I'd say he was almost definitely the weakest member of the gotg, All I can remember him ever doing is taking out one mook by going in his ear. Is that just so he doesn't exceed defense caps when he's fully shrunk?
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes - Ron Swanson

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue May 31, 2011 11:08 am

Angry Police Chief wrote:PL 12 seems high for Shrinking Ray. I'd say he was almost definitely the weakest member of the gotg, All I can remember him ever doing is taking out one mook by going in his ear. Is that just so he doesn't exceed defense caps when he's fully shrunk?

Pretty much. In order to give him Agility 2, which seemed about right, and adding in +20 Stealth when fully shrunk, I needed to put him at PL12. That +22 Stealth total is the ONLY reason. Otherwise, offensively he's about a PL7.5 and defensively he's a PL10, which felt about right.

I might add an Affliction for guys like him, Pym, Wasp, Ant-Man, etc. since they do that sort of "entering the body and taking someone out" trick all the time.
Shop J-Mart!

Angry Police Chief
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Angry Police Chief » Tue May 31, 2011 11:46 am

Ah, ok. Makes sense.

Yeah maybe a cumulative concentration affliction to show them doing more damage the longer they stay in there. Might just be doable as damage resisted by fortitude as well.
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes - Ron Swanson

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue May 31, 2011 7:54 pm

We've got a lot of builds in the warehouse to get stocked this holiday weekend and we're starting off with some builds that fit the time honored J-Mart Tradition of MORE POWER! This one is a redux of an item we've already got on the shelves.

Someone's been hanging out with Barry Bonds' trainer again I see...

ALLEN THE ALIEN (CURRENT)
PL: 14 (253 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 16, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 10 (+11), Insight 7 (+10) [Assessment], Intimidation (+2/+4), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 6 (+7), Stealth (+2/-2), Technology 3 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Diehard, Favored Foe (Viltrumites), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Power Attack

POWERS:
Unopian Champion Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Unopian Champion Physiology: Protection 3, Impervious 9, Immunity 11 (Life Support, Aging); 32 pts
Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (400,000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Mental Communication: Mind Reading 12, Communication 1 (Mental, 100 ft), Comprehend 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood all languages); 34 pts
Space Traveler: Flight 11 (4000 mph), Movement 4 (Space Travel 3 [Any star system], Environmental Adaptation [Zero-G]); 30 pts
Whatever doesn't kill him… Immortality 6 (1/day), Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds; Extra: Persistent); 14 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +9
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +1
Throwing +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +19 (+9 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: With only eye, he is subject to depth perception issues and sneak attacks from peripheral areas.
Enemy: The Viltrumites.
Honor: With the Unopian race being nearly extinct, they are bound to, um…save their "seed" for the breeding centers, not for personal pleasure.
Responsibility: To be "the champion tester" of the Coalition of Planets.

Abilities 88 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 125 + Defenses 19 = 253 / 253

Comments: Allen The Alien is another fun character from the Invincible series. He is originally shown as a “challenger of planetary champions" from The Coalition of Planets, but it turns out that there is more to his role than that. Allen was generally a pretty strong paragon who could handle pretty much anyone except a Viltrumite, even though he could give them a good fight one-on-one. Like the Saiyans, he gets stronger after every near-death experience and in the current continuity, this is Allen where he is portrayed currently. He's now at least the equal of a top level Viltrumite like Omni-Man and is pretty much unkillable now. I might drop his Toughness a bit later, but considering that he and Nolan took out a whole squad of Viltrumite soldiers who are least PL12-14, and even Nolan was impressed with his power, I feel pretty good about this now.

Another trick Allen has is that he communicates telepathically in space, which is a lot more expensive to replicate in 3E than it was in 2E. Below is how he was initially portrayed.

ALLEN THE ALIEN (INITIAL APPEARANCES)
PL: 12 (196 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 7 (+8), Insight 5 (+8) [Assessment], Perception 2 (+5), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 2 (+7), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Diehard, Favored Foe (Viltrumites), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4)

POWERS:
Unopian Physiology: Protection 2, Impervious 4 (8 ranks), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Feature 1 (Longevity); 21 pts
Mental Communication: Mind Reading 12, Communication 1 (Mental), Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand all languages); 32 pts
Space Traveler: Flight 9 (1000 mph), Movement 4 (Space Travel 3, Environmental Adaptation [Zero-G]); 26 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +5
Throwing +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +14 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: With only eye, he is subject to depth perception issues and sneak attacks from peripheral areas
Enemy: The Viltrumites
Honor: With the Unopian race being nearly extinct, they are bound to, um…save their "seed" for the breeding centers, not for personal pleasure
Responsibility: To be "the champion tester" of the Coalition of Planets

Abilities 82 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 79 + Defenses 16 = 196 / 196

Secret Origins: Allen is the product of a genetic experiment that would create a super Unopan capable of fighting the Viltrumites. Of all the attempts, Allen was the only fetus that survived the experiment with his mind and body intact. The process gave him super strength and speed, amazing healing abilities, high resistance to injury, the ability to travel in space unaided, near light-speed flight and reflexes, and telepathy. He was trained from infancy to fight and was never defeated until his first fight with an actual Viltrumite. When his people learned that the experiment was a failure, they scrapped it and Allen became a "Champion Evaluation Officer" and traveled space looking for beings strong enough to beat him so they could be used against the Viltrumites.

The Story so Far: Early in Invincible's career he was called by his dad to take care of an attacking alien. When Mark got into space he started to fight Allen. During the fight Allen was saying strange things about having a champion and Mark being a replacement. Eventually Mark asked for a break and then an explanation. It turned out Allen was actually coming to Earth to evaluate its champion instead of Urath. Thanks to Mark, Allen was able to keep his job and he left for Urath.

When Allen returned to the Coalition of Planets he was shocked to hear there was a Viltrumite on Earth. He came back as quick as he could to warn Invincible. Invincible explained that his father was the Viltrumite and had already left Earth. Allen was shocked and confused because a Viltrumite has never done anything of the sort. He explained that the point of the Coalition was was to halt the expansion of the empire. He saw this as an opportunity to strike at the empire. He left Earth and returned to the Coalition.

After Allen left Invincible for a second time he returned to his home on Talescria, capital of the Coalition of Planets. Allen immediately told the good news to the council and they were as excited as he was. He left the council and went to his girlfriend's apartment. Telia, his girlfriend, is another species and a very sexual one at that which proves troublesome for Allen whose people have forbid any form of physical love. Allen eventually breaks down and allows himself this moment with Telia. Afterwards Allen and Telia went out to eat where Allen enjoyed some of his favorite food. During the meal a Viltrumite scouting party attacked Allen. The group demanded to know everything about what he told the council but Allen denied them anything they didn't know and the party quickly eviscerated him. Luckily Allen was saved and put into a statis pod that allowed him to heal.

After months of healing Allen awoke and accidentally ripped apart of the machine with his newfound strength. Shortly after a nursebot gave him a physical Thadeus, head of the council, entered and revealed that Allen's body had changed and adapted to his recent beat down making him near or at Viltrumite power levels. Allen questions this because no clear cut power level has ever been found for a Vitrumite. Thadeus asks for the nursebot to leave and reveals he is in fact a Viltrumite rebel. He goes on to say that Invincible may be the key to ending the reign of their empire. However, he explains that Allen must only report to him now because he believes there may be a mole in the council.

During his talk with Thaedus, Allen is given the task of returning to Earth, and asking Invincible to speak with Thaedus about joining their cause. During the chat, Allen told Invincible of his being attacked, his power boost, and his working with Thaedus. Allen asked Invincible if he'd come with him to Talescria,and Invincible told him that he doesn't want to, and that he's got too much he has to deal with. But later, Invincible informs Allen of his little brother, his father being taken for execution by the Viltrumites, and his discovery that his dad's scif-fi novels hold the key to defeating the Viltrumites. And with his new information Allen says goodbye, and heads back to Talescria.

While flying back, Allen notices a Viltrumite ship. And they noticed him. Out came a female Viltrumite, ready to fight. While fighting, she and Allen are exchanging remarks, and Allen discovered that the ship he came into contact with was none other than a Viltrumite prison ship. During the battle, Allen remembered his talk with Invincible about how his dad was taken in for execution. So, Allen formed a plan to throw the fight, and free Omni-Man while on the inside.

In prison Allen crosses paths with Omni-Man and sends him a telepathic message telling him that they'll talk later. Later, Allen discovered that his telepathic abilities would allow him to speak with Omni-Man while they were inside their cells. Allen tells Nolan of his orders from Thaedus. He speaks of the importance of Invincible in the coming war between the Coalition of Planets and the Viltrum empire. Allen informs him of his newfound strength and his plan to free Nolan from prison. At first, Nolan is reluctant to betray his people. Allen continues to tell Nolan all he knows about the sci-fi novels, Invincible's new younger half-brother, and eventually he begins to tell him of other things. Eventually this led to Nolan talking about other things as well. Many things were discussed while Nolan awaited execution. Eventually they even talked about their many encounters in Earth's orbit, years ago, when they knew nothing about each other. Through their talking, a bond started to form, and they became friends. Allen was no longer there to rescue an ally, he needed to rescue his friend. So they discussed plans of escape, and were interrupted many a time, with failed execution attempts.

Eventually, Allen found the right time to escape when the Viltrumites attempted to execute Nolan. Allying himself with the prisoner Battle Beast, Allen headed to the execution room to save his friend. Allen saves him just in time, but they get overrun by prison guards. With quick thinking, Allen punches a hole in the side of the ship, thus suffocating all of the guards.

The only people to survive were Allen, Nolan, Battle Beast, and two Viltrumites. Battle Beast handled one of them fairly quickly, and Allen and Nolan used teamwork to finish off the last one. Nolan tells Allen that they have plenty of time to gather their supplies, because he informs Allen that there aren't very many Viltrumites left. He tells Allen that there are less than fifty pure-blooded Viltrumites left in the whole universe. Nolan told Allen that previously, the enemies of the Viltrumite empire created a virus unique to their genetic code that wiped out 99.9% of the Viltrumite population. Nolan told Allen that the only reason they wanted Earth, was to use it as a breeding camp, because a human's DNA is almost 100% compatible with a Viltrumite's. With this news, they head back to Talescria.

After gathering certain items and allies, the time for war had arrived, and Allen and Nolan returned to Earth. Theye convinced Invincible to join up, and along for the ride came Tech Jacket and Invincible's younger brother Oliver. En route to Talescria to lead the attack on Viltrum, a group of Viltrumites decimated their ship. A fight erupted, and soon after, the Grayson family could not be found. Allen and Tech Jacket hid from sight, and soon became good friends. After a few days, they were found and saved by a squad led by the Space Racer. Returning to Thaedus, Allen and Tech Jacket were given the orders to continue their initial attack on the Viltrumites.

About to officially start the war, Thaedus gives a speech to the Coalition of Planets. Mid-speech the Viltrumites come crashing through structures all over Talescria. Everybody, including Allen, joins in on the fight, and the Grayson family arrived just in time. The mole was finally revealed, and it turns out he's the one who led the Viltrumites to Talescria.

After tons of bloodshed the Viltrumites retreated, and this time, they're not escaping. Allen and company follow the Viltrumites to Viltrum, before they have time to plan for another attack. They have an intense fight in orbit of Viltrum with Grand Regent Thragg and his squad. Allen and Tech Jacket cover for Nolan, Invincible, and Thaedus while they crash into Viltrum. Their cover was a success, Viltrum was obliterated. But this move only angered Thragg, who turns out to be almost more powerful than their entire group combined. With Thaedus killed, and everyone severely injured, they had to retreat.

With Thaedus dead, and the last remaining Viltrumites in hiding, Allen was promoted to leader of the Coalition of Planets. And now, everyone is supposed to call him "Great Allen," but he just jokes about it, and remains the same. Invincible woke up in a panic, and informed Allen that he needs to check Earth for Viltrumites. Allen lets him go to check it out, but informs him that he's doubtful, and the Viltrumites don't pose much of a threat. He also tells him that he's gone through many precautionary measures to protect the Coalition of Planets and other planets that were formerly owned by Viltrumites.

While hanging out, Allen was given an info tablet that contained Thaedus' final words for him. The tablet revealed the hidden location of a perfected Scourge Virus, and Thaedus stated that unleashing it this time will kill every single Viltrumite. He is told to ignore his attachment to his Viltrumite allies, and unleash it, for the good of the universe. Thaedus' last words on the tablet read "Whatever you do, make certain that I did not die in vain."

Allen eventually decided to release the Scourge Virus, but was thwarted by Invincible who was shot with the virus and nearly died but was saved by Thragg and Dinosaurus. Allen and Nolan eventually reconciled and once Thragg was exiled, Nolan advised Allen, who in turn tasked Battle Beast with hunting down and killing Thragg.

Characterization: Allen is a personable, loyal being who, while burdened with his new found responsibilities, remains a good man at heart.

Friends and Foes: He is good friends with Nolan and the rest of the Grayson family and is a respected intergalactic leader.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:01 pm

I once took the Hulk on all by myself, now look at me, I am regulated to a J-Mart shelf!

Droog
PL 12

Abilities
Strength 14, Stamina 12, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 8, Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Powers
Canine Mutate:
Claws: Strike 1 [Strength-based]
Large Mutate: Growth 4 [Permanent; Innate, Increased Mass]
Immensely Strong: Power-Lifting 1
Tail: Extra Limbs 1 [Innate]
Tough Hide: Impervious Toughness 17

Advantages
All-out Attack
Benefit 1 [Can use rhyming to Taunt]
Fearless
Improved Critical 1 [Claws]
Languages 1 [English, Base: Russian]
Power Attack
Taunt
Tough 4 [+1 bonus to Toughness per rank.]
Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Toughness]
Withstand Damage [Reduce Defense to increase Tough]

Skills
Athletics (+14), Expertise: Rhyming 6 (+8), Intimidation 5 (+7), Perception 3 (+4), Stealth 2 (-2)

Offense
Initiative +2
Claws +8, Damage 15, Improved Critical
Unarmed +8, Damage 14

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 8
Toughness 16, Fortitude 14, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 62 + Powers 31 + Advantages 13 + Skills 7 + Defenses 15 = Total 128

Complications
Loyal: Droog is very loyal to it's master befitting a dog.
Prejudice: Monstrous in appearance, described as a living nightmare.
Quirk: Droog stinks described as foul as the stench of the grave.
Quirk: Always speaks in rhyme.

Design Notes
This is Droog a Hulk enemy. Offensively it is PL 11.5 due to it's Claws. Defensively it is PL 12 due to it's Parry and Toughness. Droog was a genetically engineered dog created by the Gremlin. It fought the Hulk to a standstill annoying the Hulk with it's rhymes. A devastating energy blast was released by Shield on the complex of Bitterfrost where the two were fighting. It destroyed the entire complex and nothing was left but a huge crater. It later became the loyal companion of Megacephalo.
Droog is very tough able to take blows from an angry Hulk and only seemed hurt by one of them. So I gave him Ultimate Toughness, Withstand Damage, and high Impervious Toughness. According to the OHOTMU Droog is pretty smart though you don't really see it in his two appearances. Droog really stinks too but I didn't think he needed a power like affliction. Just when you smell something really bad you know Droog is close. I figured that giving it a Benefit of using it's rhyming to Taunt represented the character well. It definitely made the Hulk angry.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Be afraid. Be very afraid!

The Bug-Eyed Voice
PL 5

Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Powers
Bug-Eyed Mask:
Removable (-1 points)
Creepy Voice: Enhanced Trait 3 [Intimidation Skill; Feature(Disguises characters real voice), Startle]
Peripheral Vision: Senses 2 [Visual]
Protection 1 [Limited(Head only)]

Equipment
Light Pistol

Advantages
Defensive Roll 2
Equipment 2 [Light Pistol, Paintball Guns]
Ranged Attack 2

Skills
Athletics 2 (+4), Deception 3 (+4), Expertise: Current Events 2 (+4), Expertise: Criminal 4 (+6), Expertise: Insurance Investigator 5 (+7), Expertise: Streetwise 1 (+3), Insight (+1), Intimidation 1 (+2), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat: Pistols 2 (+6), Stealth 5 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +1
Pistol +6, Damage 3
Unarmed +2, Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5
Toughness 5 (Headshots with Def Roll), Fortitude 4, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 6 + Advantages 6 + Skills 14 + Defenses 10 = Total 62

Complications
Greed: The Bug-Eyed Voice is a thief and is looking to accumulate enough wealth to retire early.
Enemy: Speedball.
Reputation: Initially a local media sensation but even his former mad scientist employer called all his lackeys including The Bug-Eyed Voice lame.

Design Notes
This is The Bug-Eyed Voice a Speedball villian. Offensively he is PL 4.5 using handguns. Defensively he is PL 5 due to his Toughness and Dodge/Parry. He was a former insurance investigator. He used his inside knowledge to commit robberies. He wore a mask to hide his true identity. It also disguised his voice and made it creepy startling those he robbed. He was also part of the Speedball Revenge Squad, a team of jobbers who worked for Clyde Bodtchik, a mad scientist. Speedball easily beat this group of villains. He showed up later at a event promoting the New Warrior's TV series. Squirrel Girl was there and saw him. She had a crush on Speedball and attacked and beat The Bug-Eyed Voice. No shame in that though it happened to Thanos and Dr. Doom too. He only brought paint guns and was charged with a misdemeanor though they mainly took him into custody to protect him from Squirrel Girl.

Angry Police Chief
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Angry Police Chief » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:24 pm

haha is Droog really supposed to be a dog? Looks like a triceratops. Is that Withstand Damage advantage from a book or is it one of your own?

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Speeball jobber villains! Awesome!
I'm giddy with delight! ;~)

Angry Police Chief wrote:Is that Withstand Damage advantage from a book or is it one of your own?

It's from the Mecha and Manga book. Works like power attack, you get a bonus to your toughness for each point you take away from your defense.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Thanks Arkrite! He has some ridiculous villains. According to Gremlin Angry Police Chief he was a genetically altered dog. Extremely altered obviously. Maybe he combined dog and triceratops dna. :lol:

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:08 pm

We've got a new version of our SPICY CAJUN SPECIAL on Aisle 2!

This place, it preys on the weak. It wants to corrupt them. Kill them... It tests them. So that only the strong survive. This place, this is where I belong. This place, it's mine now. And it's time to hunt. - Gambit

GAMBIT
PL: 10 (200 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+15) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Quarterstaff] 5 (+15), Deception 9 (+13/+15) [Attractive, Fascinate], Expertise [Thievery] 9 (+10), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+4), Investigation 7 (+8) [Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 5 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Throwing] 6 (+13), Sleight of Hand 6 (+13) [Skill Mastery], Stealth 8 (+15), Technology 6 (+7/+11) [Hide Tampering], Vehicles 3 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (2), Evasion (1), Fascinate (Deception), Grabbing Finesse, Hide Tampering*, Improved Critical (1) (Bo Staff), Improved Trip, Languages (1) (Cajun French, Japanese, Base: English), Luck (Improve Roll) (2), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Redirect, Skill Mastery (1) (Sleight of Hand), Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Gambler: Feature 1 (You can automatically win at games of chance, unless pitted against an opponent with this Feature (in which case, resolve the game normally]); 1 pt
Master Thief: Enhanced Skills 2 (Technology 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to disabling/bypassing security); 2 pts
Static Interference: Concealment 2 (Mental), Immunity 2 (Mind Reading); 6 pts
Hypnotic Charm: Perception Range Insidious Affliction 8 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, Flaw: Check Required [Deception], Limited to two degrees, Sense Dependent [Auditory]); 8 pts
Kinetic Energy Control: 19 pt Array; 20 pts
Kinetic Blast: Ranged Multiattack Damage Kinetic Energy 7 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Quirk: Requires small objects); 19 pts
Kinetic Explosion: Burst Area Kinetic Energy Damage 9 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Triggered [1 round], Quirk: Requires large object); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Armored Costume: Protection 1; 1 pt
Lockpicks: Feature 1 (Tools, Technology); 1 pt
Bo Staff: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Double, Reach [5 ft]; 4 pts
Deck of Playing Cards: Feature 1 (Used for throwing and getting charged to blow up stuff); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +3]
Bo Staff +15 [Bo Staff +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Throwing +13 [Kinetic Blast +7, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Kinetic Explosion +9, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Prejudice: Mutant
Relationships: Rogue
Responsibility: Depends…sometimes to the X-Men and mutantkind, sometimes to the Thieves' Guild, sometimes to New Orleans, sometimes to his own damn self
Secret: He's got a few…actually a LOT…this is where GM-ing really comes into play…
Thrills: He LOVES the thrill of stealing, even when he's trying to walk on the side of the angels

Abilities 76 + Skills 42 (84 ranks) + Advantages 24 + Powers 37 + Defenses 21 = 200 / 200

Build Comments: Since I have been feeling footloose and fancy free lately in regards to points, here is my DCA Gambit, at a whopping 180 points and full of Cajun cliché spewing, lady wooing, card throwing fun. I was starting a test of him with my PC version, but since I am out of the PC mood (for the most part), I am restarting it with this one. It probably won’t make a lot of difference combat-wise, but for the pre-fight part, it should tip the scales far more in his favor.

Secret Origins: Remy Etienne LeBeau, the mutant who would later become Gambit was abandoned at birth by his birth father, due to his unusual red-on-black eyes as they believed their child was of satanic origins. He was stolen from a New Orleans orphanage by the Thieves Guild and given to Antiquary, a collector of children, who considered Remy a perfect work of art. There he was given the name Remy and the title Le Diable Blanc (The White Devil), because of an old Guild Prophecy that spoke of a white devil. However, Jean-Luc LeBeau greatly disliked the idea of the child being in Antiquary 's care, and arranged for Remy to grow up being watched by a gang of street thieves known as Fagan's Mob instead. At age eight, Remy met and befriended a young girl named Bella Donna. A few days later, he was taken in and adopted by the leader of the Thieves Guild, Jean-Luc himself, after a failed pickpocket attempt which had been secretly arranged by Jean to meet with the young mutant.

The Story so Far: As part of a peace pact between the Thieves’ Guild and their rivals, the Assassin’s Guild, a marriage was arranged between Remy and Bella Donna Boudreaux, the granddaughter of the head of the Assassins Guild. However, Bella Donna's brother Julien objected to the marriage and challenged Gambit to a duel. Remy killed Julien in self-defense, but was excommunicated and banished from New Orleans in an attempt to maintain the non-aggression pact between the two guilds.

Remy wandered the world as he plied his skills as a master thief, aided by his mutant power to charge objects with explosive energy. He employed playing cards he charged with kinetic energy as his trademark weapon. At one point Remy had approached the master geneticist Mr. Sinister for help in controlling his powers. Sinister removed some of Remy's brain tissue to reduce his power levels, thus affording him a greater degree of control.

As a result, Remy was now in the geneticist's debt, and Sinister subsequently charged the thief with assembling the team of assassins called the Marauders. Remy did not realize that Sinister would employ the Marauders to massacre the underground mutant community known as the Morlocks. Seeing the horrific results of his actions, Remy attempted to stop the massacre but was almost killed by the Marauder named Sabretooth. However, he did manage to save one young Morlock girl who would one day grow up to become the X-Man named Marrow.

Eventually, Remy encountered Storm, a member of the outlaw team of mutant adventurers known as the X-Men. Storm had been transformed into an amnesiac child who had turned to theft as a means to survive. Remy helped her escape her enemy, the malevolent psionic entity known as the Shadow King, and they became partners. Later, when the X-Men's founder Professor Charles Xavier returned from a long period of traveling in outer space, Storm sponsored Remy's admission into the X-Men.
Remy soon fell in love with his fellow X-Man, Rogue, blessed and cursed with the ability to absorb other mutants' thoughts and abilities through skin-on-skin contact. The feeling was mutual, but the two soulmates were condemned never to touch.

Over the years, Gambit has remained a member of various teams of X-Men until Apocalypse returned to Earth and in order to protect his friends, Gambit joined him, and became Death. The transformation changed both his mind and body, altering his original intent on ensuring the X-Men's protection from the High Lord. However, large portions of his former self seemed to be intact, as Death VI said that he was "both Death and Gambit". He also remembered Rogue and his love for her. Apocalypse noted that Gambit was trying to bring peace to his two halves.

Gambit was knocked unconscious and taken away by Sunfire, who had become Famine VI, but overcome the change. Gambit awoke in a temple in Japan, where Sunfire encouraged him to abandon his master Apocalypse, the X-Men, and his past. To do this they launched an attack on the X-mansion to recover their other horseman Polaris. Remy showed his willingness to abandon his past as he tried to murder Rogue. However the attack failed and they retreated to the Buddhist Temple in Japan, where they were greeted by Mr. Sinister.

Gambit, as part of Marauders, returned trying to destroy the X-Men, but back to his normal self physically. Gambit and Sunfire encountered Cable on the recently evacuated island of Providence. Gambit and Sunfire attacked Cable badly damaging him and forcing him to retreat to the island's computer system. Gambit and Sunfire apparently wanted information from the computer for unknown reasons. Cable consequently activated a self-destruct sequence. Gambit and Sunfire escaped.

Gambit stayed on as a member of the Marauders, joining them in Alaska to fight the Purifiers over the mutant child. Gambit and Sunfire found no problem in murdering them but soon had to evacuate when Cable and Predator X showed up.

Bishop later turned out to be the traitor that he always wanted to warn the X-Men about, as he knew that the baby was a threat. Gambit alongside the Marauders were able to save the baby from him after he ambushed Forge and Cable. Gambit, even in his current form, found it quite ironic that Bishop had indeed turned on the X-Men. After getting the baby, Mystique decided to use it to cure Rogue, but not before murdering Sinister. Gambit, now free from his power, didn't know what to do, but decided to stay and protect Rogue from the coming fray.

After the fight with the Marauders over the child, Gambit went his own way to rediscover himself. During this time, he encountered Charles Xavier, who was trying to rebuild his mind when Sebastian Shaw was attacking him and trying to kill him and other children who might have had contact with Sinister in the past. Gambit decided to stay on as Xavier's protector.

After they had prevented Shaw from resurrecting Sinister (or so they thought), Gambit went his own way, still often helping Xavier on his self-discovery. He later joined him in Australia to aid Rogue and Xavier was finally able to help her overcome her powers so that she could be willing to control it properly.

Afterwards, Xavier helped cure Remy of some of his psychic trauma and he seemed to return to his old self, but decided to remain a reserve X-Man and he returned to New Orleans, seeking to resolve issues with the Thieves’ Guild. Along the way, he encountered a number of threats to the city and he has reluctantly become the city’s main superhero protector, the Batman of the Bayou, as Wolverine jokingly calls him.

Characterization: Remy has the reputation as a devil may care rogue, but that is a façade as he is actually a reflective man with many demons. He has switched allegiances at times, but at his heart he remains a man with strong desire to do the right thing and protect those he holds dear.

Friends and Foes: He has had a long off-and-on relationship with Rogue, and currently they not on good terms, although, she has admitted that she is proud of what he’s doing in New Orleans. He has become a big brother to X-23, helping her with her journey of personal discovery, similar to what he went through to find himself again.

He has ties to the Thieves’ Guild and several contacts in the New Orleans underworld. Of course, he has made many enemies in that realm as well.

Clean Up 4/6/12: Tweak to Gambit now that we have some Luck power rules and Features to play with, I added one to Remy and fixed some of his skills and advantages.

Clean Up 12/6/13: Big updates to Remy this go-around.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:14 pm

We've got another get a new item for our JOB SQUAD LINE getting stocked on Aisle 2.

He still sucks, but he sucks a lot less in this version than he normally does.

KILLER SHRIKE
PL: 9 (140 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [8], STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4 [7], DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+10) [Agile Feint], Athletics (+8), Deception 5 (+5), Expertise [Mercenary] 7 (+7), Insight (+2), Investigation 3 (+3), Perception 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Weapon Systems] 2 (+8), Stealth (+7), Technology 5 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Favored Environment (Flying), Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack (3), Set-Up (1)

POWERS:
Shrike Battlesuit: 70 pts Traits, Removable (-14 pts); 56 pts
Body Armor: Protection 5, Impervious 4; 13 pts
Sensors: Senses 3 (Normal Vision [Extended], Infravision, Radio), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Aim, Precise Attack [Ranged, Cover]); 5 pts
Communications System: Communication 3 (Radio; Statewide/Small Nation); 12 pts
Hydraulic Strength: Enhanced Strength 6; 12 pts
Weapons Systems: 25 pt Array; 28 pts
Autoblaster: Ranged Multiattack Energy Damage 8 (Extra: Accurate); 25 pts
Electrical Blast: Ranged Electrical Damage 10; 1 pt
Electrical Stun: Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude, 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Surface Shock: Reaction Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude, 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Reaction [when touched]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +8; Electroshock Affliction +10; Surface Shock +5, Reaction]
Ranged Attack +6
Weapon Systems +8 [Electric Blast +10]
Autoblaster +10 [Autoblaster +8, Multiattack

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +8 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +8, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Iron Man.
Motivation: Monetary gain.

Abilities 48 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 56 + Defenses 13 = 140 / 140

Build Comments: The original Killer Shrike pretty much sucked, so he gets the Armored Adventures treatment as well, with most of his comic background. His original costume was pretty lame. I hate that ponytail thingy he had on his head.

Secret Origins: Simon Maddicks was born in Williamsburg, Virginia. He began his career as a soldier in the United States Army. However, after that, not even Maddicks recalls much about his own past for some reason. When he was selected to be a special agent of the Roxxon Oil Company, Maddicks became a mercenary and professional criminal, more specifically a special agent in covert operations. He was sent to the Mutagenics Laboratory of the Brand Corporation, where he underwent extensive conditioning which increased his human abilities. Roxxon later gave Maddicks his armor and the codename "Killer Shrike".

The Story so Far: For his first mission, Roxxon sent him to infiltrate the subversive organization called the Conspiracy, which Roxxon learned about through major purchases of technology from the Brand Corporation. The Conspiracy sent Killer Shrike to capture a monster known as Goram. Unfortunately for Killer Shrike, the plan was thwarted by the super-hero known as Ulysses Bloodstone who short-circuited the villain's electrical weapons, badly injuring him. Feeling sorry for Killer Shrike's condition, Bloodstone's agents sent the villain to a New York hospital, where he lay comatose for several weeks.

Upon awakening from the coma, Maddicks was contacted once again by Brand scientists, led by Dr. Stephen Weems. Weems, better known as the villain Modular Man, sought revenge against his enemies Spider-Man and Beast. In return, the Modular Man promised Shrike information about his past. In battle with Spider-Man and the Beast, Weems was killed before he could uphold his end of the bargain. Shrike escaped and was soon contacted by agents of the Brand Corporation. They helped restore his memory, and assigned him to undercover work as bodyguard to Brand president James Melvin. His armor became controlled by the Will-o'-the-Wisp, and he was forced to abduct Dr. Marla Madison to reconstitute the immaterial Wisp. In the end, he was defeated by Spider-Man. With Brand's public dissolution, Killer Shrike became a free agent.

With other superhuman adventurers and criminals, Killer Shrike was later captured and imprisoned by the Locksmith. He was freed by Spider-Woman. He later robbed a bank, but was defeated by Iron Man. He then attempted a theft of a power booster from the Tinkerer after commissioning him to build it for him, but was again defeated both by Iron Man and a failsafe function the Tinkerer installs in his products to deal with such situations.

During the events of the "Acts of Vengeance", Killer Shrike attacked Moon Knight, alongside the second Ringer and Coachwhip. He shot down the Mooncopter, seriously injuring Moon Knight's pilot Frenchie and then escaped. Killer Shrike was later hired by Surge, and battled the Iron Man again alongside Grey Gargoyle and Dragon Man but was defeated.

Ever since, Killer Shrike was most often seen getting beaten up by several super-heroes, most often Iron Man. He was briefly a member of the Cardinal's team of flying super villains known as Air Force.
Recently, Killer Shrike's powers got updated by the Tinkerer. Unfortunately, this still was not enough for Maddicks to gain a victory, as he was defeated soon afterward by the Iron Man and the Avengers, and apprehended by S.H.I.E.L.D.

Characterization: Killer Shrike is pretty much a mercenary with little to no sense of honor other than to completing his job.

Friends and Foes: He generally works alone but has teamed up with other Iron Man villains from time to time.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart 3E: Guardians of the Globe, Gambit, Hulk (current)

Postby scc » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:32 am

Screwball
PL 9

Abilities
Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 6, Dexterity 3, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Equipment
Helmet: Protection 2 [Limited(Headshots only); Feature(Flash Goggles), Feature(Hidden Video Camera)
Cell Phone, Commlink, Computer

Advantages
Agile Feint
Attractive 1
Benefit 2 [Status(Internet Celebrity), Wealth(Well-off)]
Connected
Contacts
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll 2
Equipment 2
Evasion 1
Favored Environment [Parkour(Areas dense with obstacles, mainly urban areas)]
Improved Defense
Improved Initiative 1
Instant Up
Move-by Action
Redirect
Skill Mastery [Acrobatics]
Taunt

Skills
Acrobatics 12 (+18), Athletics 9 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+8), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise: Internet Business 9 (+10), Expertise: Current Events 3 (+4), Expertise: Streetwise 3 (+4), Expertise: Pop Culture 7 (+8), Expertise: Computers 7 (+8), Expertise: Thief 8 (+9), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 2 (+3), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Throwing 3 (+6), Sleight of Hand 5 (+8), Stealth (+6), Technology 2 (+3),

Offense
Initiative +10
Unarmed +8, Damage 1, Unarmed +10 in dense urban environments

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 10
Toughness 6 (Headshots with Def Roll), Fortitude 7, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 46 + Powers 0 + Advantages 20 + Skills 46 + Defenses 23 = Total 135

Complications
Enemy: Spider-Man and Spider-Girl
Obsession: Filming exciting footage to put on her website to increase business.
Performance Artist: Screwball likes to put on a good show for her fans and enjoys the thrill of the chase.

Design Notes
This is Screwball a Spider-Man and Spider-Girl enemy. Offensively she is only PL 4.5 though within an urban environment she is PL 5.5. Defensively she is PL 9 but within an urban environment she is PL 10. Screwball likes to film her crimes and uses parkour to escape and entertain her audience. Her crew also records her exploits. She likes to taunt those chasing her and proves very difficult to capture since she can transverse urban environments quickly. She does not consider herself a bad guy but describes herself as the first live-blogging super villain.
Screwball is very acrobatic and even Spider-Man said she was quicker and faster than he was and suspected she had some mutant blood in her. She's in Nightwing's class on defense and acrobatics when using parkour. She could easily have second chance falling and accelerated acrobatics from second edition but I did not include that. I gave her Benefit internet celebrity which I got from the villain Faster Pussycat. She says she has 18 million describers so I gave her well-off but she did complain to Spider-Man when he stole her helmet that she still had payments on the camera. Of course she could have been lying. She is good at that and fooled Spider-Man before so she is pretty good at deception. Mainly a defensive character she has advantages such as defensive attack, evasion and can leave an opponent vulnerable or cause them to make an unwise decision using agile feint.

Return to “Roll Call”