J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: King Bradley, Vicious, HAIL HYDRA!

Post by Arthur Eld » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Nice King Bradley! At first, I thought PL 11 was a little low (its how I built him in 2E, but now I had been thinking about PL 12, so he could stand toe-to-toe to Batman, whom I think he could beat), but Multiattack goes a long way to evening that out. Not to mention the one in 4 chance he has of getting a critical.

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Re: #276

Post by luketheduke86 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:A new item from our Full Metal Alchemist line is hitting the J-Mart shelves!

That Fuhrer Bradley build is very badass! You definitely did credit to one of my favorite FMA characters, now if only you had a build of Scar on here... (hint hint :wink:)
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #283

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Jabroniville wrote:Haha, yeah, the ol' "Bio-Electric FURY OF FENRIS!" line was a classic dumb recurring line for Andreas and his sister. What terrible villains... Who has a giant energy beam that barely effects Rogue-level people?
Fenris has that sucky of a power, that's who! :D I made it 10 ranks but the more I think about it, 8 seems more right. Even though Rogue had her Ms. Marvel powerset then, still, Cyclops and Beast took it full blast and were back in the fight in the next panel, if memory serves.
Gilliam wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote: POWERS:
BIO-ELECTRIC FURY!: Array, 10 pt array; 11 pts
Bio Electric Blast: Bio-Electric Ranged Damage 10 (Flaw: Limited [must be in contact with sister Andrea's skin]); 10 pts

So if I am reading this right Andreas would have to take off his glove in order to use his bio-electric blast?

You know, I really thought he would have to, but sure enough he's using his blast on Venom Gargan here, and it looks like his gloves are on. Maybe they're not thick enough to cause a complication... :wink:

Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #276

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Nice King Bradley! At first, I thought PL 11 was a little low (its how I built him in 2E, but now I had been thinking about PL 12, so he could stand toe-to-toe to Batman, whom I think he could beat), but Multiattack goes a long way to evening that out. Not to mention the one in 4 chance he has of getting a critical.
Thanks, Eld. I almost thought about PL12, but Ling hanging with him, for even the time he did made me think PL11 is about right. I think your PL9 for Ling was dead on so I kinda based his PL off that and the probably PL9 that I will set the Elric Brothers at when I build them in DCA style as opposed to PC.

luketheduke86 wrote: That Fuhrer Bradley build is very badass! You definitely did credit to one of my favorite FMA characters, now if only you had a build of Scar on here... (hint hint :wink:)
I think we can fill that order. I'm in another arc of productivity so I'll try to hit it while I'm rolling. And speaking of rolling, it's time to get back to stocking the shelves...
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:36 pm

We're keeping our HAIL, HYDRA! run going with another kinda, sorta HYDRA type build...

Evil should not be that cool looking.

KARL RUPRECHT KROENEN
PL: 10 (160 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+10), Deception (-1), Expertise [Magic] 2 (+5), Expertise [Science] 9 (+12), Insight (+3), Intimidation 6 (+5), Perception (+3), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 3 (+10), Stealth 8 (+13), Technology 4 (+7), Treatment 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment (2), Fearless, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (1) (Short Blades), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, Base: German), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (1) (Close, Concealment), Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1), Trance, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Clockwork Body: Immunity 4 (Need to Sleep, Aging, Critical Hits), Enhanced Advantages 3 (Diehard, Great Endurance, Last Stand*), Protection 4, Impervious 3, Immortality 5 (1/day, Flaw: Body must be intact for windup); 22 pts
Kroenen Blades: 13 pts traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 7 pts
Bladed Tonfa: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Defense) (Extra: Breaking, Dangerous, Penetrating 6); 12 pts
Twin Katar: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Breaking, Split, Subtle); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Gas Mask: Immunity 2 (Gases/Eye and Lung Irritants [12 hour limit]); 1 pt
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +3]
Swords +14 [Bladed Tonfa +6, Critical 18-20; Twin Katar +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +8
Firearms +11 [Heavy Pistol +4]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Mute, mostly by choice but the enhancements to his body have made it difficult for him to speak.
Enemy: Hellboy.
Patriotism: Kroenen remains loyal to the ideal of Nazism and is committed to the cause of creating a new Reich.

Abilities 66 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 29 + Defenses 20 = 160 / 160

Build Comments: Karl Kroenen, my favorite undead Nazi assassin from the Hellboy-verse. He was one of the highlights of the first Hellboy movie and I hope (if they ever get around to it) he shows up again in the 3rd one.

Secret Origins: Karl Ruprecht Kroenen was born in Munich, Germany in 1897. A musical prodigy with angelic features and blonde hair, young Kroenen toured the capitals of Europe singing opera until his voice deepened with the onset of puberty, thereby ending his career. From a very early age, he demonstrated symptoms of masochism, whipping himself with a fresh branch of oak each day, and finding pleasure in the pain.

As a teenager, he loathed his awkwardness and developed an extreme form of body dysmorphic disorder. In his obsession with physical perfection, he conducted brutal experiments on his own body, including surgically removing his own eyelids, lips, and his toe- and finger nails. He also designed a tight-fitting gas mask to filter out germs, which he wore almost permanently.

He also became quite adept with mechanical devices, believing that fusing mechanical constructs with living bodies would help create perfection. One of his early inventions was a clockwork nightingale that sang a Mozart aria perfectly.

The Story so Far: In 1930, he met the resurrected Rasputin for the first time. Obsessed with purity, Kroenen quickly became Rasputin’s most loyal disciple. He subsequently joined the Nazi Party, and rose quickly through the ranks, joining the Schutzstaffel in 1933 and achieving the rank of Obersturmbannführer (Lieutenant Colonel). He was awarded the Iron Cross for services to the Third Reich, including a tour of duty as commandant of Auschwitz concentration camp, where he served with distinction. Kroenen became head of the Thule Society, a group of German aristocrats obsessed with the occult. He helped them to spearhead Project Ragna Rok, engineering the portal generator that would conjure the Scarlet Beast, Hellboy, in October 1944.
A masterful fencer, he also became renowned for his swordsmanship and created his own signature swords.

When Allied Forces stormed the island off the coast of Scotland where Project Ragna Rok took place, Kroenen killed several of the American soldiers attacking the base, but was distracted by a grenade thrown under the portal device by a young Professor Trevor Bruttenholm. Kroenen tried to retrieve the grenade, but his left hand was blown off, and a length of concrete reinforcing rod impaled him through the chest, severing his spine. Shortly thereafter, he disappeared.
After his disappearance, in 1956, an unmarked grave in Romania was found. Dental records identified the remains as those of Kroenen.

However, Kroenen reappeared approximately 8 years ago. Thanks to the inexplicable powers of science and black magic, Kroenen "repaired" himself with a prosthetic mechanical hand, a steel rod replacing the broken part of his spine and a clockwork heart, operated by a wind-up key implanted in his chest. By cranking the key, he was able to increase his speed and reflexes. After long decades, the blood in his veins dried up completely, leaving only dust, and rendering him virtually invulnerable to gunshot wounds. He could also turn the key to "switch off" his body (literally), remaining in a dormant state and appearing dead, until he was reanimated. He used this deceptive technique to infiltrate the BPRD headquarters. After critically wounding BPRD Agent Clay, he faked his own death and lay beside Clay, and they were both taken into the headquarters. Once inside, Kroenen drew Rasputin there, and personally killed the now elderly Professor Broom, before disappearing with Rasputin.

The BPRD tracked Rasputin to his own mausoleum beneath Moscow. Hellboy seemingly avenged Bruttenholm's death by throwing Kroenen into an impalement trap — a spiked pit hidden beneath a trapdoor. Skewered on the stakes, Kroenen was crushed when Hellboy dropped a giant cog on top of him.

But again, this was not the end of Kroenen. His body was recovered by agents of the Red Skull and Armin Zola was able to rebuild him again. Kroenen has since been an ally of the Schmidt and has also worked with other living members of the Nazi regime while he awaits Rasputin’s eventual return. He has also recruited and trained other Nazi loyalists to train and experiment on, creating his own personal squad known as the Kroenen Corps, that share most of his physical/mechanical makeup as well as being deadly swordsmen.

Friends and Foes: Kroenen is most loyal to Rasputin, although he remains dead for the time being. Until his master’s return, Kroenen works with other Nazi villains like The Red Skull, Baron Blood and Overshadow.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:44 pm

This item is another kinda, sorta HYDRA build ends our HAIL, HYDRA! Special for now.

It's hard to believe a dude in that costume is that bad ass, but he is...

BARON HELMUT ZEMO
PL: 11 (211 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 7, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 6 (+9), Close Combat [Swords] 4 (+16), Deception 10 (+15) [Taunt], Expertise [Civics] 3 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+12), Expertise [Science] 5 (+12), Insight 2 (+7) [Assessment], Intimidation 6 (+11), Investigation 3 (+10) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+13) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 2 (+12), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology 5 (+12) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (3) (Status – Baron, Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Connected, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (4), Favored Foe (Captain America), Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (1), Inventor, Languages (2) (English, French, Russian, 2 others, Base: German), Leadership, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1), Taunt, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Compound X Enhancements: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease); 2 pts
Mind Shield Headband: 10 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 8 pts
Mind Shield: Immunity 10 (Mental Effects); 10 pts
Adhesive X Gun: 36 pts traits, Easily Removable (-14 pts); 22 pts
Adhesive Snare: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 12 (Glue; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 36 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Armored Costume: Protection 2; 2 pts
Longsword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +3; Knife +4, Critical 19-20]
Swords +16 [Swords +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +10 [Adhesive X Affliction +12]
Firearms +12 [Heavy Pistol +4]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: He has been disfigured by accident and wears his full face mask to hide it
Enemy: Any Captain America
Legacy: To live up the Baron Zemo legacy
Patriotism: Still believes strongly in the Nazi way

Abilities 92 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 28 + Powers 32 + Defenses 22 = 211 / 211

Build Comments: I hadn’t seen a ton of stuff with Zemo in it over the years until I picked up a couple of Thunderbolts trades and I became a fan. He's a great mastermind villain and can actually hold his own in combat against Captain America with his swordsmanship. Throw in a little Adhesive X, and he can give a team of heroes a lot of trouble. But his strengths are planning and keeping the heroes off guard until he can unleash his master stroke, whatever that is at the time.

They showed him as part of HYDRA in the new Avengers cartoon, so I figured that was enough for him to end my HAIL, HYDRA! run this time. Like I said, Kraken and The Hive will come later once I get more info on them.

Secret Origins: Baron Helmut Zemo was thirteenth in the line of the Zemo Barony. When his father Heinrich died in battle with Captain America, Helmut Zemo sought revenge. After battlling Captain America and the Falcon as Phoenix, Helmut fell into a vat of Adhesive X and which seriously disfigured his face. He would return years later and assumed the family identity as his birthright.

The Story so Far: Baron Zemo's first crowning glory game when he assembled a group of Masters of Evil and led them on an assault on Avengers Mansion. Destroying the mansion and several of Captain America's personal effects, Zemo's siege turned in the Avengers favor when his most powerful lackey (Blackout) was defeated and Captain America gave Zemo a thorough beating.

Zemo later organized a new team of Masters of Evil when the Avengers and Fantastic Four disappeared during the Onslaught crisis and were thoughy of as dead. These Masters of Evil took false identities and had named themselves as the Thunderbolts. Leading them under the alias Citizen V, Zemo planned to have the Thunderbolts gain the world's trust in order to conquer it. The public took a liking to the team much quicker than Zemo or any of the other Thunderbolts expected and soon most of the team began to actually take interest and liking in being a hero.

When the missing heroes returned, Zemo had their true identities leaked, forcing them to flee with him into deep space to assist his plan to conquer the world through mind control. However, most of the Thunderbolts rebelled and foiled Zemo's plan. Zemo went into hiding and plotted revenge on his former teammates (who were trying to win back the public's trust by being true heroes). After another of Zemo's plans was foiled by Captain America and a new Citizen V (Dallas Riordan), Helmut was killed by the new Scourge, though his mind was transferred via bio-modem technology into the body of a comatose John Watkins III, grandson of the original Citizen V. Now in possession of Watkins' body, Zemo again played the role of Citizen V, this time as a member of the V-Battalion until the Thunderbolts' final battle with Graviton, in which, his consciousness was removed from Watkins' body and transferred in electronic form, into his ally Fixer's mechanical "tech-pack".

On the artificial world Counter-Earth - the same world to which the Avengers and Fantastic Four had previously vanished - the Thunderbolts encountered Zemo's counterpart in that world, Iron Cross. Fixer transferred Zemo's mind into his double's unmutilated body. Zemo then took up leadership of the Thunderbolts who were on Counter-Earth; when this group was reunited with their teammates who had remained on the normal Marvel Universe Earth, Hawkeye briefly resumed leadership but then left the team to return to the Avengers.

For a while Zemo remained the leader of the Thunderbolts. He later attempted to take over the world again -- this time with the belief that he could save the world by taking it over. Zemo now seems to be motivated by a twisted altruism rather than his original selfish desires; he feels he has grown beyond his father in that regard. However, the Avengers foiled his scheme, his teammate Moonstone went berserk, Zemo's new body was blasted while he attempted to protect Captain America, and he left the team and went into hiding after obtaining Moonstone's twin alien gems, two artifacts of great power.

Then it appeared that Baron Helmut Zemo saved the world by fighting an alien threat to the world. He fought with the stolen cosmic powers of twin gemstones. It was thought that this fight had saved the world, but had cost Baron Helmut Zemo his life. This was not true because instead of dying the Baron had been sent back in time by the power of the twin gemstones. He would travel back in time to the home of his ancestors, or near his blood. He would slowly make his way back to the present because he would make jumps from one period of time to the next; always going back to his ancestors.

He traveled through several centuries. He witnessed the lives and deaths of his forefathers. He saw how the people lived in the Hamlet that was controlled by his family. He learned many things about his family and about himself. He found answers to questions he had about what caused his family to be the way it was.

In his next to last jump through time he came face to face with his father. Heinrich was an intelligent scientist who worked for Nazi Germany in World War II. He performed barbaric experiments on human subjects while trying to invent a death ray. Helmut Zemo confronted his father and a fight broke out. Helmut beat his father and started to turn away when his father called out to the German guards that protected him. However before they could kill Helmut he jumped to his last place in time, back to the present. When Helmut arrived in the present he was greeted by a distant cousin named Wendell Volker. Wendell intended to kill Helmut. However when he was confronted by the Baron he could not go through with it. He then tried to kill himself, but the Baron stopped him. Wendell asked the Baron why he saved him and the Baron told him that enough Zemo blood had already been spilled. The Baron wanted Wendell at his side as he tried to prove his point.

Helmut later returns to the present after Norman Osborn's defeat following his attacking of Asgard. There Baron Zemo discovers that Bucky Barnes, Captain America's partner whom seemed to have perished at the hands of Helmut's father during World War II, was still alive. Helmut felt that, with Bucky alive, his father's legacy had been ruined. Helmut then decides to go after Bucky, who is now the current Captain America, with assistance from the Fixer. Baron Zemo starts to target the Barnes and recruits Jurgen "Iron-Handed" Hauptmann (of Red Skull's Exiles) and Sin to help him. He orchestrates an explosion that ends up injuring Falcon. Then he sends Jurgen to attack Bucky while he is in the hospital while Bucky was drugged by nanites that was slipped in his martini. After the nanites were neutralized by Jane Foster, Bucky and Black Widow are attacked by a woman wearing the Beetle armor. But the extent of Zemo's treachery went as far as leaking to the public of Bucky's identity as the Winter Soldier. This prompted Bucky to face Zemo alone, only to be captured and sent to the island where he was meant to die. When Zemo launched James on a recreated missile of his design, Barnes freed himself from the missile and landed safely but Zemo had still won, as Captain America turned himself in for his crimes as the Winter Soldier.

Following the return of Steve Rogers to the identity of Captain America, Helmut has renewed his quest to kill off Captain America.

Characterization: Baron Zemo is a complex man, seeming at times to have the world’s best interests at heart despite his villainous ways, to truly being a threat to all mankind.

Friends and Foes: His greatest foe is Captain America, whoever may wear the mantle and he has made it his life’s goal to complete his father’s work and kill him. He also holds a grudge against Hawkeye and now Luke Cage for their “ruining” with “his” Thunderbolts.

Clean Up 11/28/12: Minor tweak to Zemo as I had messed up some math.

Clean Up 10/7/13: Zemo gets the Superior Thorpacoverse treatment.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:27 pm

We keep adding to our Villains Line with this new item for Aisle 2.

Even long time jobbers deserve a bad ass moment every now and then...

RHINO
PL: 10 (119 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 11, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+9), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+4), Insight 3 (+4), Intimidation 11 (+11/+12), Perception 2 (+3), Stealth (+2/+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Trip, Languages (1) (English, Base: Russian), Power Attack, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Rhino Treatments: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Continuous, Innate); 5 pts
Rhino Speed: Speed 3 (16 mph/250 fpr); 3 pts
Rhino Suit: 30 pts traits, Removable (-6 pts); 24 pts
Rhino Hide: Protection 4, Impervious 6, Immunity 2 (Own slam attack damage); 18 pts
Strength Enhancement: Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaw: Limited to Resisting Movement); 7 pts
Chemical Immunity: Immunity 5 (Chemical Effects, Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Pressure); 5 pts
Rhino Gore: Piercing/Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Piercing/Bludgeoning], Flaw: Limited [only when charging or with slam attack]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +7 [Rhino Charge +13]
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +11]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +14 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Spider-Man, Hulk, Deadpool.
Guilt: Even though he blames Spider-Man mostly, he blames himself for the death of his beloved Oksana.

Abilities 52 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 34 + Defenses 13 = 119 / 119

Build Comments: Poor Rhino. His last feature in Amazing Spider-Man was gut-wrenching. He tries to go straight with the love of a good woman but alas, it is not meant to be. You can see the end coming a mile away but you actually hope the writers don’t do what you know they are going to. But it happens anyway and even though you knew it would end that way all along, it’s still sad.

I had hoped he might make a face turn, but the world needs super strong jobbers more, I suppose, so back to fighting Spidey and Hulk he goes.

Secret Origins: The Rhino was born as Aleksei Sytsevich, a poor immigrant from Russia who was desperate to pay for the rest of his family and came to the United States in hope of finding work to provide for them. With little education and no real skills, the only paying jobs he could get were using his impressive strength and musculature as an enforcer for various criminal organizations. One day he was contacted by some Eastern Bloc agents, who offered him a vast sum of money for participating in an incredible experiment. Sytsevich agreed, and was subjected to intensive chemical and radioactive treatment, which bonded a super-strong polymer to his skin and greatly augmented his strength and speed. He was given the code name "Rhino," and was sent to work as a super-assassin.

The Story so Far: Rhino's first job was to capture Colonel John Jameson for his military secrets. Although Rhino put on a great fight and was successful at first, he soon came into contact with Spider-Man, whom defeated the Rhino, leading to the super villain's arrest. While Rhino was arrested, the authorities learned that the suit that Aleksei was wearing was in bonded to him and could not be removed. This made him an extremely difficult prisoner to keep locked away. Not much later, The Rhino escaped from prison and established himself as a true super-villain. Rhino had taken on many other jobs over the years and remained steady in the criminal life. This made him come into conflict with Spider-man and many other superheroes over the years. He also joined up with some incarnations of the Sinister Six, in which Rhino's strength played a vital role. Almost every time however, he was defeated and jailed for a longer period of time. He however always managed to escape again, getting more frustrated with Spider-Man and the other heroes and how his life had been affected by the costume. Although Rhino came to hate Spider-Man, he became professional enough not to let personal feelings distract him from a paying job.

Rhino has had two encounters with the mercenary known as Deadpool. Their first encounter, Deadpool managed to shrink Rhino using Pym Particles. Their team-up finished with a huge explosion that seemingly killed Rhino. He actually survived the explosion and later sought out Deadpool once more for revenge. He is then seen humiliating Deadpool by shrinking him via Pym Particles, gluing his head to a key-chain (the same thing Deadpool had done to him during a previous encounter), then made him ride a urinal cake. The Rhino was satisfied by what he had done and the two parted ways... only to have Deadpool turn around and defeat the villain while still small.

A few years ago, Rhino decided to give up his life entirely. He surrendered to the police and plead guilty to all charges against him. S.H.I.E.L.D. painfully removes his Rhino costume, and he is sentenced to 25 years in Ryker's Island. The Russian Mafia and other criminal gangs tried to recruit him, but he denied them all, even going so far as to completely avoid a break-out at one point. For his good behavior and cooperation, he was released early on parole, "in order to make room for worse guys". Upon release, he is met by Doctor Tramma, who wants to re-invent him as an all-new and improved Rhino. Aleksei declined Doctor Tramma's offer and tried to being a new man, dating, and eventually marrying, a waitress named Oksana and residing in a small apartment in Yonkers.

Doctor Tramma eventually used someone else to create a new and improved Rhino. Aleksei felt he needed to face and kill the new Rhino to get rid of him but Spider-Man convinced him to promise otherwise and helped Aleksei keep his new life by defeating the new Rhino. The New Rhino attacked Aleksei at one of J. Jonah Jameson's press meetings. Feeling he could not break this promise to Spider-Man, Aleksei lied to the New Rhino, telling him he will agree to fight him in his suit but he instead goes in hiding with his wife Oksana. However before they arrive at their safehouse the New Rhino attacked again and Oksana died as a result. Aleksei donned his old Rhino suit and charged at the New Rhino who in return charged at Aleksei. With one hit Aleksei completely ruined the New Rhino's suit. Spider-Man begged Aleksei to stop now that the New Rhino's suit was destroyed. Furious at Spider-Man for preventing him from stopping the New Rhino earlier, Rhino responded, "All of this happened because I pretended to be something I am not. I will never forgive you." He then charged at the pleading and helpless New Rhino, killing him. Spider-Man and Norah Winters left sorrowfully as Norah stated that not only is the New Rhino dead, but the man Aleksei Sytsevich was, is as well.

Characterization: Rhino has always had a dimwitted and sort of cheerful personality, and he was usually depicted as the kind of villain who was food at his core but ended up on the wrong side of the law due to the bad choices he made life. However, since Rhino's wife died he has become much more brutal and crazed, his primary goal being to inflict suffering on as much people as he can.

Friends and Foes: Rhino generally works for whoever will pay him, although he has spent lots of time with various incarnations of the Sinister Six. He has a great hatred for Spider-Man, not only for years of defeats but in blaming him for the death of his wife. He also has rivalries with Deadpool, The Punisher and The Hulk.

Clean Up 10/7/13: Worked on Rhino as I continue to refine things for the Thorpacoverse.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart 3E: Karl Kroenen, Baron Zemo, Rhino

Post by scc » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:17 am

I love Rhino! I remember I had a modded version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I used Rhino and my nephews used Venom, Human Torch and Deadpool. They laughed at him at first but in the end he saved the day by touching Dr Doom's cape. So he will always be a superhero to me. Nice build by the way. Maybe his growth should be permanent since you made it innate.

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Post by badpenny » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:27 am

Has the price on this item been mislabeled?
Chemical Immunity: Immunity 9 (Chemical Effects, Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Pressure); 9 pts
Chemical Effects Immunity comes out to 6 points. Hmm. That seems steep to me. Sounds like a rare descriptor. I've got mouths to feed, so I'm gonna haggle you down to two points.

Whaddya say?

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Re: #283

Post by Gilliam » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:58 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Gilliam wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote: POWERS:
BIO-ELECTRIC FURY!: Array, 10 pt array; 11 pts
Bio Electric Blast: Bio-Electric Ranged Damage 10 (Flaw: Limited [must be in contact with sister Andrea's skin]); 10 pts

So if I am reading this right Andreas would have to take off his glove in order to use his bio-electric blast?

You know, I really thought he would have to, but sure enough he's using his blast on Venom Gargan here, and it looks like his gloves are on. Maybe they're not thick enough to cause a complication... :wink:

I could believe that otherwise he would have to be wearing a bracelet made of of his sisters .... umh why don't we take a look at that new batch of puppies ...

Geekery
Hireling
Hireling

Re: #285

Post by Geekery » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:54 pm

It's hard to believe a dude in that costume is that bad ass, but he is...
BARON HELMUT ZEMO
It's the fur accents. See also Sabertooth (q.v.).
no, grant morrison is never right about anything.
--BARON

Geekery
Hireling
Hireling

Re: #278-#279

Post by Geekery » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:01 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote: BARON WOLFGANG VON STRUCKER
AE - Claw Drain: Weaken 10 (Flaw: Grab Based); 1 pt[/i]
Um, Weaken what? Stamina, I guess? I'm all about the nit-pick...
no, grant morrison is never right about anything.
--BARON

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Post by scc » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:17 pm

Taboo
PL 14

Abilities
Strength 15(Max Growth), Stamina 18(Max Growth), Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect 2, Awareness 0, Presence 1

Powers
The Thing from the Murky Swamp!:
Huge Pile of Mud: Growth 8 [Permanent; Innate]
Colossal Pile of Mud: Growth 4 [Continuous]
Flight 8
Immense Strength: Power-Lifting 1
Mud Grapple: Snare 8 [Mud Snare, Resisted by Dodge(Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile); Linked(Suffocation), Progressive; Close, Grab-Based]
Mud Grapple: Suffocation 8 [Mud clogging airways, Resisted by Fort(Dazed, Stunned, Incap); Linked(Snare); Grab-Based, Limited(Defenseless and Immobile Targets due to Snare) ]
Mud-Slinging: Snare 8 [Mud Snare, Resisted by Dodge(Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile); Progressive; Diminished Range -3]
Mudlike Body: Insubstantial 1 [Permanent; Innate]; Immunity 30 [Bludgeoning and Piercing; Limited(Half Effect); Innate]; Impervious Toughness 7 [Limited(Bludgeoning and Piercing)]
Many Pieces of Ooze: Summon 4 [Continuous, Heroic, Horde, Multiple Minions 30, Reaction(When blown apart); Limited 2(When Taboo is destroyed), Limited(No longer works once Taboo comes back to life), Uncontrolled(Amount of minions can vary depending on the damage that killed Taboo and some can be weaker than others)]
Space Traveler: Movement 2; Immunity 10 [Life Support]
Swamp Demon: Concealment 2 [Visual; Continuous; Limited(Swamp or Muddy areas), Passive; Precise]; Enhanced Trait 16 [Stealth; Limited(Swamp or Muddy areas)]
Telepathy: Communication 1 [Mental within 100 ft; Area]; Mind Reading 8 [Limited(Surface Thoughts)]
Terrible Immortal: Immortality 2 [Limited(Will not reform when the majority of body parts are prevented from coming back together), Uncontrolled(Could take longer depending on how long the pieces of ooze take to reform)]

Advantages
Diehard
Fast Grab
Improved Grab
Languages 2 [English, Portuguese, Base: Native Language ]
Prone Fighting
Startle
Ultimate Effort [Toughness Checks]

Skills
Athletics (+15), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+8), Close Combat: Grappling 3 (+8), Deception 6 (+7), Insight (+0), Intimidation 6 (+13 at Max Growth), Perception 4 (+4), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat: Mud-slinging 6 (+6), Stealth 0 (-12 at Max Growth), Technology 2 (+4)

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +8, Damage 15, At Maximum Growth
Mud-Slinging +6, Damage 8, Resisted by Dodge(Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile)
Mud Grapple Snare +8, Damage 8, Resisted by Dodge(Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile)
Mud Grapple Suffocation +8, Damage 8, Resisted by Fort(Dazed, Stunned, Incap)

Defense
Dodge 0(Max Growth), Parry 0(Max Growth)
Toughness 18 (Max Growth), Fortitude 18(Max Growth), Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 420 + Advantages 8 + Skills 15 + Defenses 17 = Total 494

Complications
Disability: Can only communicate telepathically.
Disability: Has a hard time bracing against certain effects since it has no bone structure.
Enemy: Creatures from his home planet think Taboo is ill and needs treatment.
Obsession: Conquering Planet Earth.

Design Notes
This is Taboo an enemy of humanity. Offensively it is PL 11.5 due to it's strength and attack. Defensively it is PL 14 due to it's Will and Fortitude when at maximum height. In Brazil in the amazon was rumors of a swamp demon named Taboo. The explorer Norrin Conrad went to investigate and to his surprise Taboo was real. But it was an alien lifeform not a demon. The creature communicated with him telepathically and told Conrad that it's shipped crashed and because of Earth's gravity it was isolated to the swamp. It asked for his help. Conrad returned to New York and told the United Nations about the stranded alien. The scientific community created a device to help the creature return home. Once the monster got the device it revealed it's true nature. It did not crash land on Earth. It came here to find out about Earth's scientific progress. It flew under it's own power into space with the device and threateed to return to conquer Earth. But the scientists put in a failsafe just in case the creature was lying and set off an H-bomb the blew the creature to bits. But that was not the end of Taboo. Every part of it was a living organism. These pieces fell back to Earth and reformed Taboo. It went on a spree of destruction and all seemed lost, especially when creatures from Taboo's own planet arrived. But they came to take Taboo back since they said he was not well. Taboo actually comes from a peaceful race of aliens. They repaired the damage done by Taboo and took it into custody. At one point in time he was captured by the Collector and put in a zoo beneath Canada, but an attack by the Mole Man released the creature. It is now part of Mole Man's array of monsters but it can't sit too well for Taboo being a subordinate.

Taboo is very tough due to it's mudlike body. Even a clone created by Xemnu took blows from an angry Hulk with no ill effect. So I gave it Immunity half effect from blunt and piercing attacks. Plus it has impervious toughness to those attacks. It's most expensive power is it's summon ability. With it it can summon 60 pieces of ooze, but only after he is blown to bits. Of course it is possible that Taboo would be blown into more than 60 pieces but I figure these small bits would only become powerful enough to be a heroic minion if they were human size. Plus it would get crazy expensive. I made the minions heroic so it wouldn't be easy for the heroes to stop Taboo from reforming. Stats for his minions could vary slightly. They are pretty much mindless with their only goal is to reform Taboo. So mental stats would be lacking. They would be normal size so remove Taboo's growth powers from them. They would benefit from a mudlike body but impervious and overall toughness would not be high. And no mudslinging or mud grapple ability. So not very powerful but annoying. It's disability was exploited by Hulk when he smashed a riverbed and cracked the earth underneath and created a whirlpool which Taboo could not resist. And the Nova Corps used gravimetric fields to force the monster back to it's lair. I made it's mudslinging progressive since it hardens after an opponent is hit with it, and when it grapples you it will cover you in the mudlike substance so I linked suffocation to snare. Fun monster.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #278-#279

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:13 pm

badpenny wrote:Has the price on this item been mislabeled?
Chemical Immunity: Immunity 9 (Chemical Effects, Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Pressure); 9 pts
Chemical Effects Immunity comes out to 6 points. Hmm. That seems steep to me. Sounds like a rare descriptor. I've got mouths to feed, so I'm gonna haggle you down to two points.

Whaddya say?
Hmmmm...we usually have a very strict no haggle price structure here at J-Mart, but in this case, I will accept your offer. Not sure what they heck I was thinking on that one.
Geekery wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote: BARON WOLFGANG VON STRUCKER
AE - Claw Drain: Weaken 10 (Flaw: Grab Based); 1 pt[/i]
Um, Weaken what? Stamina, I guess? I'm all about the nit-pick...
Please, nit-pick away. It's the only way I'll learn. 8)

See, this is what happens when I get on these building runs. I get sloppy! Two boo-boos in a row! I gotta slow down again... :shock:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:02 pm

To heck with slowing down, we're kicking out more builds! Hot on the heels of our HAIL, HYDRA! Special, we've got another group of would-be-world dominators in green ready to hit the J-Mart shelves! Brace yourselves for the epic crappiness of:

THE LIZARD LEAGUE!!!

Comments: I'm not going to spend a lot of time talking about these losers, so I will let Comicvine tell their story to you.

http://www.comicvine.com/king-lizard/29-49629/

Long story short, they are Kirkman's take on the standard world domination organization with a lizard theme. Nothing groundbreaking with them, just good old fashioned doomed plans and goofy costumes.

First off, their leader:

Is it cowardice or genius to hide until the outcome of the battle is in doubt?

KING LIZARD
PL: 7 (139 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception 7 (+12) [Fascinate, Taunt], Expertise [Civics] 7 (+12), Expertise [Criminal] 7 (+12), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+9), Investigation 6 (+11) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+11) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 4 (+9), Stealth 5 (+7), Technology 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (6) (Status 3 – Leader of the Lizard League, Lizard League resources; Wealth 3 [Millionaire]), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (10), Fascinate (1) (Deception), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (1), Leadership, Ranged Attack (2), Taunt, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Lizard King Physiology: Feature 1 (Green Skin); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(50ep)
Lizard League Commlink: Senses 1 (Communication Link [Radio, Lizard League]); 1ep
Light Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 3; 75ft range, Small; 6ep
43ep for weapons, HQ, Vehicles as needed

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +5
Firearms +9 [Light Pistol +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: He sees himself as the true leader of the league and eventually the world and all others are beneath him
Obsession: Ruling the world and gaining greater power for himself and his league
Reputation: Their plans never end up working out in the end, so he's kind of seen as a failure
Rivalry: Many others within the league want to take his place so he must constantly be on his guard

Abilities 58 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 0 + Defenses 20 = 139 / 139

Comments: King Lizard is the head of the Lizard League, the Invincible-verse’s Cobra/HYDRA analogue. Much like those organizations, they have big plans that never, EVER come to fruition. And in their last big one, King Lizard spent much of the big fight hiding until the outcome was nearly decided and he came out to try and kill a nearly incapacitated Rex Splode, who still beat him down. This makes me think that PL7 is probably overselling him, but I wanted to give him a decent chance if he actually got into a fight.

For his minions, you could just take the HYDRA goons I built and give them a new battle cry. Or use BARON'S minions that he built for The Monarch and remove the wings. That might be more realistic... :wink:

Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!