J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Re: J-Mart 3E: The Dynamo 5 - All Done, Maddie Warner

Postby hero4hire » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:41 pm

I am going to have to check out Dynamo 5. They look pretty cool. Even if they are sorta ripping off Power Pack. :lol:

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:35 am

jspade wrote:Glad I could help Thorp. You owe me a writeup of Brains & Brawn – you hooked me on Dynamo 5. And I'd say if Forge doesn't deserve PL 12, then he doesn't have Technology +22; I tend to solve that equation the other way.

Done and done. It may take me a week or so since I have something going on every night from now until the 27th, scarily enough, but once that passes, my summer frees up, FINALLY.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:14 pm

Behemoth
PL 11

Abilities
Strength 14, Stamina 14, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect 4, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Powers
Seetorak Gem:
Behemoth Form (Move Action -1 points)
Big as an Elephant: Growth 4 [Permanent; Innate]
Big Ears: Senses 1 [Hearing Extended]
Big Feet: Enhanced Strength 1 [Limited(Resisting Movement only)]
Bulletproof Hide: Impervious Toughness 13
Enhanced Dodge 4
Enhanced Parry 4
Great Endurance: Enhanced Stamina 9
Immense Strength: Enhanced Strength 9
Prehensile Trunk: Extra Limbs 1 Senses 2 [Scent Acute and Extended]
Rampaging Beast: Enhanced Advantages 10 [Close Attack 3, Fast Grab, Improved Critical(Teeth and Claws), Improved Trip, Power Attack, Startle, Crushing Pin, Withstand Damage] Enhanced Trait 6 [Intimidation]

Advantages
All-out Attack
Inventor
Taunt

Skills
Athletics (+14), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise: Mechanical Engineering 9 (+13), Expertise: Business 5 (+9), Insight 2 (+3), Intimidation 1 (+9), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+4), Stealth 0 (-4), Technology 7 (+11)

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +8, Damage 14

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 7
Toughness 14, Fortitude 14, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 84 + Advantages 3 + Skills 17 + Defenses 9 = Total 139

Complications
Addiction: Nicotine. Since cigarettes are too expensive Haller uses nicotine patches.
Out of Business: Haller Hydraulics Inc. was put out of business and all his bank accounts are frozen.
Revenge: On She-Hulk and Tony Stark.

Design Notes
This is Behemoth a She-Hulk enemy. Offensively he is PL 11 unarmed and defensively he is PL 10.5 due to his Parry and Toughness. Manfred Haller owned a leading hydraulics corporation. He offered to capture She-Hulk using his new suit. She was unjustly wanted for murder. The sheriff of the town declined his offer. He decided to challenge She-Hulk anyway and figured it would be good press for his Man-Elephant suit. Even though outclassed by She-Hulk he kept battling her until he found out that the murder charges were dropped. He apologized for the damage he caused and promised to pay for it and that the Man-Elephant suit was too dangerous to be sold because of the possible abuse of it's power. During the Superhuman Registration Act he had dealings with unlicensed heroes. Tony Stark found out about this and shut down Haller Hydraulics, Inc. With his money gone and nothing to lose Haller went to Tibet in his Man-Elephant suit. He learned from someone on the streets that a blind woman foretold his coming. He sought out the blind woman and she gave him the Seetorak Gem which transformed him into the Behemoth. After using his power to protect the locals he went back to the United States to get revenge on Tony Stark and She-Hulk. He attacked who he thought was She-Hulk but it was a skrull in disguise and a friend of She-Hulk. He alerted the authorities and accompanied the skrull Jazinda to the government facility. She-Hulk went to rescue her and was confronted by the Behemeth. She defeated him with the help of the Lady Liberators.

Behemoth is pretty much your typical brick. He gave She-Hulk and the Lady Liberators a hard time for a little bit but once She-Hulk focused on him took him out quickly by grabbing his trunk and slamming him into the ground repeatedly. So he might be just below her level. Though he has sharp teeth and claws he prefers to grapple and throw people. I gave him some characteristics of an elephant like enhanced smell and hearing which I copied from Jab's elephant builds. Though he never demonstrated those in comics. He use to have a Man-Elephant suit but it seemed to be destroyed when he got the Seetorak Gem since he was wearing it at the time. Behemoth also has the Invent advantage which is rare for Tank builds. When he first confronted She-Hulk as Man-Elephant he was constantly talking so I gave him the Taunt advantage.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:43 pm

Regarding, Powers & Skills defining Power Levels, I usually just put the Combat PL first, and then add "PL xx (xxx) at Science & Tech". It seems to make me feel better- the image of Reed Richards being PL 12 weirded ME out too, when I first saw it.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Jabroniville wrote:Regarding, Powers & Skills defining Power Levels, I usually just put the Combat PL first, and then add "PL xx (xxx) at Science & Tech". It seems to make me feel better- the image of Reed Richards being PL 12 weirded ME out too, when I first saw it.

I KNEW I wasn't the only one. I'm trying to work through my issues with Skill based PL, hard though it may be...
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:05 pm

For milestone build like this one, my #300th 3E build (geez, I need a life... :shock: ), the J-Mart management decided to go with a build that's got a short name, but is long on power and heroism. A true J-Mart Favorite item. Check it out on Aisle 2.

Clean Up 11/12/11: Actually, it ended up that Myriad was Build 300, but I love Bill, so let's keep the celebration of his awesomeness, OK? :wink:

That should say, "I SAY THEE NEIGH!!!"

BETA RAY BILL
PL: 14 (268 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+2), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 5 (+7), Expertise [Tactics] 5 (+7), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Hammer] 2 (+10), Stealth (+3), Technology 6 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Equipment (21), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (1), Languages (1) (Asgardian, English, Base: Korbinite), Power Attack, Startle, Ranged Attack (6), Startle, Takedown (1)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (STORMBREAKER): Improved Smash, Weapon Break

POWERS:
Korbinite Physiology: Immunity 12 (Aging, Disease, Poison, All Environmental Conditions except cold, Heat Effects), Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Impervious 3; 19 pts
Korbinite Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (100,000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Asgardian Armor: 13 pts traits, Removable (-3 pts); 10 pts
Asgardian Plate: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 5 (10 ranks); 13 pts
Stormbreaker: 98 pts traits, Easily Removable (-38 pts); 60 pts
Indestructible: Feature 1 (Indestructible); 1 pts
Only the Worthy…: Feature 2 (Can only be lifted and wielded by a worthy being); 2 pts
Magic Detection: Senses 2 (Detect Magic [Mental, Ranged]); 2 pts
Life Support: Immunity 4 (Suffocation [Need to breathe], Vacuum, High Pressure); 4 pts
Hovering: Flight 1 (4 mph); 2 pts
Mjolnir Weather Control: Enhanced Environment 7 (16 Mile radius; Extra: Selective [12]); 33 pts
Hammer Time! 48 pt array; 54 pts
Tornado Burst: Burst Area Ranged Affliction 12 (Resisted and Overcome by Strength; 1st: Hindered and Impaired, 2nd: Prone and Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Alternate Resistance (Strength), Duration [Concentration], Extra Condition, Flaw: Instant Recovery; 48 pts
Call the Lightning: Ranged Line Area Damage 14 (Extra: Accurate, Area Line [30 ft], Indirect 2 [Hammer/Above); 1 pt
Fog: Concealment 2 (Visual; Extra: Attack, Extra: Cloud Area 6 (1800-foot radius); 1 pt
Hammer Throw: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Penetrating 18); 1 pt
Hammer Strike Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Enhanced Advantages 3 (see Advantages; Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Penetrating 18); 1 pt
Wind Riding: Enhanced Flight 10 (2000 mph), Movement 1 (Space Travel); 1 pt
Dimensional Movement: Movement 2 (Dimensional [Midgard/Asgard/Hell]; Extra: Portal 2); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(105ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep
Vehicle: (100ep)
Skuttlebutt: Size - A, Strength - 22, Speed - 16, Def - 0, Tough - 18, Powers: Features 2 ("Sentient" Computer Inferface, Korbinite Database), Senses 1 (Communication Link, Mental [Beta Ray Bill]), Blaster Cannons [Energy Ranged Damage 16], Energy Torpedoes [Energy Ranged Damage 16, Extra: Area Burst 12, Homing 8]; 100ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +10 [Hammer Strike +18]
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +16, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +8
Lightning +10 [Lightning Blast +14, Area Line
Hammer +10 [Thrown Hammer +18]
Special Attack [Tornado Burst Affliction +12, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +17 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: In order to continue wielding Stormbreaker, he must maintain his worthiness. But even beyond that he is one of the most honorable beings in the cosmos
Relationships: His Korbinite mate that was created for him by Galactus
Responsibility: To protect the honor of the Korbinite race
Rivalry: Galactus, Ragnarok

Abilities 104 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 37 + Powers 88 + Defenses 20 = 268 / 268

Comments: So I could have whipped up a bigger name for this milestone build, since I have several that I haven't touched on yet but I decided to go with Bill because I dig him. I’ve always liked Beta Ray Bill, even though I haven't had a ton of exposure to him. I didn’t get to see much of his run as Thor but I have seen him in a few things post and he’s always come off well as a-not-quite Thor paragon that can still wreak havoc on a cosmic level. I really liked his Godhunter mini-series where he was out to kill Galactus and he realized the only way to do it was to keep him from feeding long enough to make him weak where he could take him out. So he kept beating the heralds to the planets Galactus wanted, relocated the populace, then destroyed the planet. Hence the ranks in Tactics…

But the thing I like about him is that he is generally always written as honorable and self-sacrificing and that's what a real hero is all about. Superman may not always come off exciting anymore, but he still sets that standard for what we really want in our heroes and Beta Ray Bill is in that same vein. As a build, I built him to be Thor’s equal in unarmed melee but Thor has a little edge on him in ranged and overall power with the higher PL. But put the hammers away and Thor is in trouble.

And I cannot take credit for the I Say Thee Neigh joke, even though I can't remember whose thread I got it from in 2E. Whoever it is, it still makes me giggle every time I read it so mad props! :D

Clean Up 5/17/12: Clean up to Bill while I was working on my Thor builds.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu May 17, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

BS Digital Q
Partisan
Partisan
Location: BSDigitalQTV Studios, bargain basement of the airwaves!

Re: J-Mart 3E: Build #300 - Beta Ray Bill

Postby BS Digital Q » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:40 pm

So Beta Ray Bill walks into a tavern and sits down at the bar. The bartender looks at him and says "Hey Bill, what's with the long face?"

:lol:

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:56 pm

I'm just glad someone else recognized that Bill has a horse's head (kinda. the muzzle and teeth anyway), which is, I suppose, better than a horse's @$$. 8)

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby hero4hire » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:39 pm

Originally it looked more like a horse's skull didn't it?

Only later did he seem to grow cheeks and lips.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:02 am

Stylized and skinned, but yeah. Still, a pretty unique design for comics. Outside of Quickdraw McGraw, you don't have too many horse headed characters. :)

Unbeliever
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: #300!!!

Postby Unbeliever » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:COMPLICATIONS:
Rivalry: Galactus

This takes some serious cajones. It's hard to think of yourself as a rival to a godlike planet-munching being. I just Beta Ray Bill is just special that way.

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sidious » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Bill is 7 different kinds of awesome. I love him in Annihilators (though I get the book mainly for Rocket & Groot). I'd love more books like his miniseries.

Hands down one of my favorite Marvel characters.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby hero4hire » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:34 pm

Horsenhero wrote:Stylized and skinned, but yeah. Still, a pretty unique design for comics. Outside of Quickdraw McGraw, you don't have too many horse headed characters. :)

There is Kofi from Power Pack (and the rest of his race.)

Max Rocker from the Beauty and the Beast limited series

Thirty/Thirty from Bravestarr

That is all the others off the top of my head.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Unbeliever wrote:

This takes some serious cajones. It's hard to think of yourself as a rival to a godlike planet-munching being. I just Beta Ray Bill is just special that way.

Bill kicked so much ass in the Godhunter mini-series, it would have been wrong for me not to include it. Granted, they kind of made up at the end, but still, Galactus ate his world that he was sworn to protect and made him the last of his kind. That's kind of hard to let go, even if that person created a new mate for you.

And after almost 15 years of marriage, I can say that having a full time mate is not really that great of a peace offering! BADA-BING! :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Rakumi
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Rakumi » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:50 pm

Unbeliever wrote:

There is a Galactus build i made if anybody decides to make this happen. :-)

Return to “Roll Call”