J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:41 pm

A new item in our Villains Line hits the Aisle 7 shelves.

Captain Dynamo never stood a chance...

WIDOWMAKER
PL: 11 (178 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+11) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+16), Deception 10 (+13/+15) [Attractive, Taunt], Expertise [Assassin] 10 (+13), Expertise [Poison] 6 (+9), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+7), Insight 7 (+11), Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 8 (+11) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 7 (+11), Persuasion 8 (+11/+13) [Attractive, Connected], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 3 (+13), Sleight of Hand 5 (+10), Stealth 8 (+13) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology 4 (+7), Treatment (+3), Vehicles (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Benefit (3) (Multiple IDs, Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (6), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (4) (Pick 8, Base: English), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (5), Redirect, Taunt, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(30ep)
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2ep
Commlink: Feature 1, Miniscule; 1ep
Binoculars: +5 Perception [Visual at Distance], Tiny; 1ep
Grapple Gun: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1ep
Blaster Pistol: Energy Ranged Damage 5; Range 125ft, Small; 10ep
15ep as needed for situation

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +12
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +10
Firearms +13 [Blaster Pistol +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +6, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: Unless pressed otherwise, she tries only to kill who she is contracted to kill
Motivation: Fulfilling her contracts
Rivalry: Dynamo 5. She doesn't really hate them enough to qualify for enemy, but she also wants to see them out of her way

Abilities 74 + Skills 50 (100 ranks) + Advantages 36 + Powers 0 + Defenses 18 = 178 / 178

Comments: Widowmaker is the top assassin in the Dynamo 5/Noble Causes-verse, but I have, thus far, only seen her a couple of times in the Dynamo 5 series. She is the villainess responsible for killing Captain Dynamo (or so she claims, even though all signs point to that being true) and she takes on the kids as well. Apparently she poisoned him after a little tryst and his naked body was found in a hotel room. Considering he fathered at least 6 kids out of wedlock, that seems to add up.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:48 pm

Check on this new item on our Marvel aisle.

I don't care if you are the equivalent to Captain America in the UK, it's not nice to point.

CAPTAIN BRITAIN
PL: 12 (180 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+7), Athletics (+14), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception (+4/+6) [Attractive], Expertise [Science] 7 (+10), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+4), Investigation 2 (+5), Perception 2 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Persuasion 3 (+7), Stealth (+2), Technology 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Attractive (1), Benefit (2) (Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Power Attack

POWERS:
Captain Britain Costume: 25 pts, Removable (-5 pts); 20 pts
Force Field: Protection 5, Impervious 5 (10 ranks), Immunity 5 (All Environmental Conditions); 20 pts
Mind Shield: Enhanced Will 5 (Flaw: Limited to Mental Effects); 5 pts

Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 4 (6000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 4 pts
Super Senses: Senses 5 (Normal Vision [Extended, Counters Illusion], Normal Hearing [Extended], Ultra-Hearing); 5 pts
Flying: Flight 10 (2000 mph); 20 pts
Braddock Bond: Immunity 1 (Psylocke's powers), Senses 2 (Communication Link 2 [Mental, Psylocke and Jamie Braddock); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
MI-13 Commlink: Senses 1 (Communication Link [MI-13]); 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +15 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +7 (+12 against Mental Effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Unless he wears his amplifier costume, he gradually loses his powers (except for Psychic Bond) and his Strength and Stamina (to a minimum of 3) when away from the British Isles or their extradimensional equivalents (such as the Otherworld)
Power Loss: His powers can fluctuate with his mental state. If he is confident, his powers remain strong, if his resolve weakens, his powers weaken in the same manner as the above Power Loss complication
Relationships: His sister, Betsy (Psylocke), his wife Meggan and kinda his brother, Jamie Braddock
Responsibility: To the British Isles

Abilities 92 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 52 + Defenses 14 = 180 / 180

Comments: From another one of the comics that I picked up at the convention I went to a couple of months ago, Captain Britain. I picked up the trade of the first 4 Captain Britain and MI-13 books and it was lots of fun, so in between my Image/Wildstorm builds, I thought I would whip up Mr. Braddock (and maybe some other MI-13 characters) while I was in the building mood.

He’s your basic paragon at this point in his character development, although they did add in the Gladiator-type effect of his powers waning with his confidence.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:56 pm

While we're on a roll, we have a RED LIGHT SPECIAL hitting the Aisle 6 shelves.

Only he could make a Manilow song seem kinda cool.

HELLBOY
PL: 10 (168 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 3 (+11), Deception (+2), Expertise [History] 8 (+10), Expertise [Magic] 10 (+12) [Artificer, Ritualist], Insight 3 (+7), Intimidation 7 (+9), Investigation 8 (+10) [Well-Informed], Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 5 (+7), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Artificer, Close Attack (2), Diehard, Equipment (3), Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (1), Lionheart*, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (5), Ritualist, Takedown (1), Well-Informed

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Improved Grab, Improved Critical (1) (Right Hand of Doom), Improved Smash, Weapon Break

POWERS:
Prehensile Tail: Extra Limbs 1; 1 pt
Polyglot: Comprehend 3 (Speak, Read, Understand all Languages); 6 pts
Demon Physiology: Immunity 7 (Aging, Disease, All Environmental Conditions), Protection 2, Leaping 1 (15 ft), Regeneration 2; 12 pts
Right Hand of Doom: 8 pts traits
Fist Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Enhanced Advantages 4 (see Advantages); 6 pts
Shielding: Enhanced Parry 2; 2 pts

Mystic Trinkets: 7 pts traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 5 pts
Mystic Trinkets: Variable 1 (Mystic Descriptor); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(15ep)
Commlink: Feature 1, Miniscule; 1ep
Arsenal: (12ep)
The Samaritan: Ballistic Ranged Damage 6; 150 ft range, Medium; 12ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +8; Right Hand of Doom +10, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7 [The Samaritan +6]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +12, Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Because of his appearance, he can encounter problems in public
Enemy: Grigori Rasputin, Baba Yaga, Karl Kroenen, Prince Nuada
Legacy: He is the Beast of the Apocalypse, with the ability to release the Odgru Jahad and bring about the destruction of Earth. He prefers not to think about it…
Quirk: He will not allow cats to be hurt and will go out of his way to protect them, even in combat and he takes in strays all the time
Relationships: Abe Sapien, Liz Sherman, Trevor Bruttenholm (still alive in my setting, by the way), the rest of the BPRD
Responsibility: Protect the world from "thing that go bump in the night", Rivalry: He and Harry Dresden have a long running rivalry stemming from a misunderstanding over a woman
Vulnerable: As a demon, he can be bound or be seriously affected the spells of anyone saying his true name, Anung Un Rama

Abilities 76 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 27 + Defenses 12 = 168 / 168

Comments: Good old Red. I had already done a PC version of him but again, I wanted a DCA style version as well. Not a whole lot of differences from my earlier version, just a little more fleshed out.

And come on, admit it, when he and Abe were singing I Can't Smile Without You in Hellboy 2, you wanted to sing along...it's OK. We're all friends here. I've even warbled Copa Cabana while under the influence of alcohol more than once.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart 3E: War Chest, Black Panther, Black Widow, Widowmaker

Postby scc » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:35 pm

Yith
PL 10

Abilities
Strength 8, Stamina 8, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 4

Powers
Serpentine Hybrid:
Immunity 1 [Poison; Limited(Neurotoxins)] -1 pt
Neurotoxic Spittle: Affliction 7 [Resisted by Fort(Daze and Fatigued, Exhausted and Stunned, Incapacitated and Paralyzed); Extra Condition, Linked(Weaken), Progressive; Reach 1] -29 pts
Neurotoxic Spittle: Weaken 7 [Resisted by Fort(Weaken Stamina and Agility); Broad, Linked(Affliction), Progression, Simultaneous ; Limited(Stamina and Agility only); Reach 1] -29 pts
Scaly Hide: Impervious Toughness 3 -3pts
Tail: Enhanced Strength 1 [Limited(Tail only)], Elongation 1 [Limited(Tail only)], Enhanced Advantages 3 [Limited(Tail only); Chokehold, Crushing Pin, Fast Grab, Improved Hold], Movement 1 [Slithering] -6 pts

Equipment
Pair of Uzis(Machine Pistol) (18 ep), Sunglasses (0 ep)

Advantages
Agile Feint
Attractive 1
Benefit 2 [Ambidexterity, Cypher]
Defensive Roll 1
Equipment 4
Improved Grab
Ranged Attack 3

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+10), Close Combat: Neurotoxic Spittle 2 (+8), Close Combat: Tail Strike 4 (+10), Deception 5 (+9), Expertise: Mercenary 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 2 (+6), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Pistols 3 (+9), Stealth 4 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +3
Unarmed +10, Damage 8
Tail Strike +10, Damage 9
Neurotoxic Spittle Affliction +8, Damage 7, Resisted by Fort(Dazed and Fatigued, Exhausted and Stunned, Incap and Paralyzed), Reach 1
Neurotoxic Spittle Weaken +8, Damage 7, Resisted by Fort(Weaken Stamina and Agility), Reach 1
Uzis +9, Damage 3, Multiattack

Defense
Dodge 11, Parry 11
Toughness 9 (Def Roll 1), Fortitude 10, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 74 + Powers 68 + Advantages 13 + Skills 27 + Defenses 21 = Total 203

Complications
Prejudice: Yith usually hides her serpentine body under a long dress and could lose bonuses from attractive along with other problems.
Temper: She does not like when people raise their voices to her and will warn them and eventually strike out if it keeps happening.

Design Notes
This is Yith a Spider-Man enemy. Offensively she is PL 9.5 due to her Tail Strike. Defensively she is PL 10 due to her Toughness and Dodge/Parry. She is a descendant of Set an Elder God. She was hired to kill off Curt Connors who was causing problems for this one company. The person who owned the company produced genetically altered food and was dumping chemicals in the river. The chemicals gave cancer to the wife and son of Curt Connors. She fought both Spider-Man and the Lizard. She eventually found out about Curt Connor's family and felt some sympathy for him. She eventually shot the man who hired her because of Connor's situation and her employer got on her nerves.
Yith is a decent marksman and her preferred method of attack but had no luck shooting the Lizard or Spider-Man. She was a lot more dangerous in melee. Of course that could be both Lizard and Spider-Man have high dodges. Spider-Man definitely got distracted by her looks(she could have distracting looks from second edition) until she revealed her snake form. Her tail is very powerful and Lizard could not escape from a chokehold applied by it.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: War Chest, Black Panther, Black Widow

Postby Jabroniville » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:08 pm

badpenny wrote:I think you forgot BW's plastic explosive belt.

Marvel wiki wrote:At times she carries plastic explosive discs equivalent to 4 pounds of TNT in her belt and uses automatic weapons and/or combat knives as necessary.

I figure most Arsenal & Tech-guy types can get away with shuffling things like that in and out over time, like general Equipment.

Wyld0007
Henchman
Henchman

Re: J-Mart 3E: Beta Ray Bill, Destroyer, War Chest

Postby Wyld0007 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Okay, so I am getting ready to build Dominex, the guy that Omni-Man, Captain Dynamo, Supreme, Firebird and Savage Dragon all had to team up to beat. However, the other dude in the pic I don't know. Can someone hip me to who he is?

I'm just now getting into Image/Skybound stuff (and loving it) so my knowledge of their universe is lacking. Apparently I need to start reading Savage Dragon, on top of Invincible, Dynamo 5 and Brit. Kirkman is going to make me a broke dude!

i'm pretty sure the mystery guy is Spartan from WildCATS, but i don't think they're allowed to say that anymore since the wildstorm-image split. the story is sposed to be a flashback.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:58 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:I'm just now getting into Image/Skybound stuff (and loving it) so my knowledge of their universe is lacking. Apparently I need to start reading Savage Dragon, on top of Invincible, Dynamo 5 and Brit. Kirkman is going to make me a broke dude!

Dont forget "Noble Causes" if you haven't read it. totally worth getting the TPB's for that.

MorningKnight wrote:I would love to see a War Chest/Power Girl throwdown... :twisted:

I'm not sure what they are throwing down, but it sounds slightly smutty, so i'd be interested, if someone can kep me abreast of the situation. :roll:

Okay, i'm done with the boob puns for the time being. :wink:
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:35 pm

saint_matthew wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:I'm just now getting into Image/Skybound stuff (and loving it) so my knowledge of their universe is lacking. Apparently I need to start reading Savage Dragon, on top of Invincible, Dynamo 5 and Brit. Kirkman is going to make me a broke dude!

Dont forget "Noble Causes" if you haven't read it. totally worth getting the TPB's for that.

MorningKnight wrote:I would love to see a War Chest/Power Girl throwdown... :twisted:

I'm not sure what they are throwing down, but it sounds slightly smutty, so i'd be interested, if someone can kep me abreast of the situation. :roll:

Okay, i'm done with the boob puns for the time being. :wink:

I am so tapped on my comic budget it's not even funny. But I think I can squeeze in just one more little Noble Causes... :wink:

The Power Girl/War Chest rumble does indeed sound...titillating. BADA-BING! :mrgreen:
Shop J-Mart!

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:I am so tapped on my comic budget it's not even funny. But I think I can squeeze in just one more little Noble Causes... :wink:

Well the good thing is that its already over, so there's only so much to collect & much of its been put into trades, which you can usually get pretty cheaply on amazon

Thorpacolypse wrote:The Power Girl/War Chest rumble does indeed sound...titillating. BADA-BING! :mrgreen:

Really? We are going to Tit for Tat, with the boob jokes now?
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:17 pm

We've got a few items in our JOB SQUAD line tonight as we start to drop a few items from a genre near and dear to our hearts: the jobbers! Check out this item on Aisle 2!

Um...if I say "a loser", I'm going to get clawed, aren't I?

GRIZZLY
PL: 8 (94 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+11), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+4), Expertise [Wind Instruments] 5 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 3 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack

POWERS:
Physical Enhancements: Enhanced Strength 1 (12 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold); 2 pts
Grizzly Costume: 11 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 9 pts
Protection: Protection 2, Impervious 4 (8 ranks); 10 pts
Claws: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 1; 1 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +8; Claws +9]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: J. Jonah Jameson, Spider-Man

Abilities 50 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 11 + Defenses 11 = 94 / 94

Comments: Ah, yes, it feels so right, to be building jobbers again. I figured I would do a few of my faves, the Legion of Losers. Grizzly is the brick member of the LOL. In addition to getting beat up by Spider-Man on a regular basis, he got a little run in Thunderbolts and had a hysterical cameo in Avengers Academy where he was going to break out of the Raft and Hazmat told him to go back to his cell or she’d give him cancer. He paused for a second, then went back grumbling, “kids these days…I remember they’d just kick your ass…” Funny stuff.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: The LOL and some testing

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:28 pm

I finally got around to starting some tests with 3E. This is my first time really playing outside of a couple of quick tests just to see how it went so I am looking for feedback on these few playtests I'm going to be posting over the next couple of weeks as I prepare for my FTF game next weekend.

I didn't plan on writing anything outside of the mechanics, but I can't help it, I'm long winded AND it helps me visualize what I'd like to do. This one was short, but I have a couple more in process that are going longer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playtest –Invincible vs. The General (from DCA H&V Volume 1)

Maneuver Legend: AA – All Out Attack, ACA – Accurate Attack, DA – Defensive Attack, PA – Power Attack, RA – Routine Attack

Note: I’m going to try BARON’s house rule for damage listed here for this fight and see how it goes. I don’t know if it will help Invincible or not, he seems a bit overmatched, but I guess we’ll see.

Intro: Mark Grayson, otherwise known as the superhero Invincible is flying to visit his mother, Debbie Grayson. As he approaches, he sees a number of military vehicles sitting outside of her home. Thinking that Cecil Steadman has something to do with this and knowing their arrangement after their falling out, he flies in fast and angry (I’ll give him an HP for his relationship complication with his mother since he fears for her safety).

He bursts through the door into the living room and sees several heavily armed soldiers with their guns trained on him. And sitting on the couch, he sees an extremely large man sipping coffee from a 46-oz mug that looks like a little toy cup in his hands. “Mr. Grayson, I presume?” The large man says, sitting down the mug. “I know you’re a busy young man, so I’ll get to the point. I’m General Wade Eiling. I’d like you to come with me to Washington and talk to one of my superiors.”

“WHERE IS MY MOTHER?!?!?!” Invincible shouts. “SO HELP ME, IF YOU’VE…”

“Young man, your mother is fine,” The General interrupts. “While I’ve done plenty of ‘those types of missions’ in my day, this is not one of them, lucky for you. She wasn’t even here when we arrived, exactly as we’d planned. There’s no need to bring civilians into this. I’m simply here to escort you back to Washington. Now if you’ll please step outside, there is a vehicle waiting to take us to…”

“To hell with that, I’m not going anywhere with you, period, and especially not until I talk to my mom!” Invincible replies, taking a defensive stance.

The General sighs, and slowly rises. “My boss figured you wouldn’t come willingly, kid. That’s why she sent me. Men, lower your weapons and get outside. Sgt. Carson…?”

“Yes, sir,” a young man replies as he salutes.

“When you get to back to your vehicle, call the office and tell them to be prepared to get a clean up crew and a check for damages made out to Debbie Grayson ready. I’m afraid we’re about to smash up her lovely residence…”

Round 1: Obviously, neither party is surprised. Initiative: Invincible 9, The General 1. Yep, rolled a one right off the bat. Invincible might have a chance after all if I keep rolling like this. Mark will move outside through the broken door and go on full defense first. The General, being a dick, will burst through the front of the house just because he can. No power attack or anything, the wall will just have to save at DC33. I’ll roll for it just for fun, and the wall rolls a 19 for an adjusted 22 and needless to say, it’s obliterated. ...

Status – Invincible (fine), The General (fine), Grayson house (f-d up) :wink:

Great, just great, Invincible thinks as he hovers outside. I come home for dinner and I have to deal with this.. As he hovers in the front yard, the soldiers begin to scatter and he sees the huge man burst through the front wall of his house and land a few feet from him. Oh well, at least with the wall gone, mom won’t be able to say anything about the door….

Round 2: Now that they are outside, Mark will try to take this guy out. He PA for 2 and hits with a 15+7=22, so with the house rule, that’s +2 to damage on top of the PA +2, so The General has to save at DC34. NATURAL 1! He’ll burn his HP to re-roll, and gets a 7, which rolls up to 10 for a total of 30. 1st degree damage. The General will attempt to grab Mark, so rolls to hit with an AA 5 and he does with 8+15=23. Mark’s opposed strength check is 31 which beats his strength resistance check of 28.

Status – Invincible (fine), The General (1st degree damage)

Round 3: Mark will PA 2 again, NATURAL 20! So let’s see, that makes 20+7=27, +4 DC, +2 PA, and we’ll go with +5 for the crit, so the General has to save at DC41. Oooo, he only gets a 6 so that’s a 25 since he’s at -1 to save...4th degree damage! The big man is out!

Status – Invincible (fine), The General (1st degree damage, incapacitated)

Invincible zooms in quick and snaps The General’s head back with a hard right uppercut. “Nice shot, kid”, The General says, smiling. “But you’re gonna have to do better than that…”

The General reaches out and grabs Invincible, but before he can pull him in close, Mark instinctively smashed down on his massive forearms, breaking his grip. “OK, big man, if you say so,” he retorted. “I’ll try a liiiiitttle harder!” And with that, he lept upward with another hard uppercut and hit Eiling with a perfect shot to the chin. The General was unconscious before he even hit the ground with a massive thud.

A couple of seconds later, Debbie Grayson drove up with a car full or groceries and a wide-eyed look on her face. She squealed into her driveway, and bolted out of the car, yelling. “MARK, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE?!?!? WHAT ARE THESE SOLDIERS DOING HERE??!?!? AND WHAT IS THAT…MONSTROUSITY ON MY FRONT YARD?!?!? AND….OH…MY…GOD…MY HOUSE!!!!

“Um…hi, mom…” Invincible said sheepishly as he floated over to her. “Remember when you said you wanted to remodel the living room? Well…it looks like you’re going to get the chance…”

Comments: Well, that did NOT go as expected! Really short and decisive. I didn’t think Mark had much of a chance, but the geez, the dice were totally on his side. I really like that house rule of increasing the DC. If I had The General recover instead of attack, the fight might have gone differently but when you are getting rolls like that, you’re tough to beat. I was concerned that Invincible being a PL11 wouldn't give him much of a chance against full grown Vilrumites like Conquest so I made him PL12. Apparently that gives him PLENTY of oomph.

Next up: Wolverine vs. Killer Croc
Shop J-Mart!

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:41 am

Looking forward to Wolverine and Killer Croc. Hope Croc wins, nothing against Wolvie but he is in every comic you look in. Surprised he hasn't done any crossovers in DC recently. Maybe their is a limit to his real mutant power. :lol: Thorp were you surprised on how high a toughness Croc has? Tougher than Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman and higher fortitude than Supes. I really like the build other than that.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:02 am

I'm not sure if this is a house-rule or not, but when you use a Hero Point for a re-roll, you don't round up to 10 if the roll is under 10, you add 10. So if the General rolled a 7, that would have counted as a 17, for a total of 37, so he would have taken no damage. Not that it would have made a difference.

Honestly I think a house-rule for increasing Dc by how much one hits is unnecessary. A PL 12 like Mark taking down a PL 14 like the General in 2 hits is all kinds of flukey.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:54 pm

scc wrote:Looking forward to Wolverine and Killer Croc. Hope Croc wins, nothing against Wolvie but he is in every comic you look in. Surprised he hasn't done any crossovers in DC recently. Maybe their is a limit to his real mutant power. :lol: Thorp were you surprised on how high a toughness Croc has? Tougher than Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman and higher fortitude than Supes. I really like the build other than that.

It ain't lookin' real good for the old Canucklehead at this point so I am pretty sure you're going to get your wish. Croc is wicked bad. That +16 Toughness and Fort are making it real hard for Wolvie to hurt him. Unless Batman stunts something that affects Will, I don't know how he could take him out really.

I think some of the comparisons are hard since they had different guys working on different characters and I don't know how much communication they had as far as "Jon L, don't make so-and-so higher Toughness than Taliesin's so-and-so" type of stuff so things vary. I get the feeling I will be doing a lot of tweaking for more consistency in the Thorpacoverse.

Arthur Eld wrote:I'm not sure if this is a house-rule or not, but when you use a Hero Point for a re-roll, you don't round up to 10 if the roll is under 10, you add 10. So if the General rolled a 7, that would have counted as a 17, for a total of 37, so he would have taken no damage. Not that it would have made a difference.

Honestly I think a house-rule for increasing Dc by how much one hits is unnecessary. A PL 12 like Mark taking down a PL 14 like the General in 2 hits is all kinds of flukey.

No House Rule, just not knowing the rule. :wink: I'll note that for later. I was reading more of the gameplay stuff as I'm playing so please, please keep the feedback coming.

I dig BARON's rule but I haven't played with the RAW so I will have to do some of that soon. I think BARON's rule gives someone Batman a far better chance to take down Croc than the RAW since I really believe accuracy shifting is less favorable than power/toughness shifting in the RAW, especially with the 2E stun rules. I think that fluke could just have easily happened with the RAW since Mark and Eiling are both powerhouses, but getting that extra damage DC with the house rules made it go quicker. I still think the greater majority of the time The General wins that fight. I may do a rematch just to make sure. I had plans for some backup to come in and help Mark, but he didn't need it. 8)
Shop J-Mart!

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:53 pm

how does croc merit a +16 toughness? hes got to be +10 max given his street level style. I see him beinga good spidey villain but wolvie should carve him into an aligator coat and boots.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Return to “Roll Call”