J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:46 pm

THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT here at J-Mart as our Avengers Academy run continues!

Well, actually I have dated a couple of girls that fit that description...

VEIL
PL: 9 (133 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise [Popular Culture] 3 (+5), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+1), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Gas Control] 7 (+9), Stealth 5 (+7), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Improved Initiative (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Gaseous Form: Insubstantial 2, Concealment 2 (Visual), Flight 4 (30 mph); 22 pts
Veil Physique: Immunity 2 (Poisons, Diseases [Limited]); 1 pt
Gas Control: Array; 36 pt array; 39 pts
Knockout Gas: Burst Area Affliction 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated; Extra: Area Burst [30 ft], Affects Corporeal, Selective); 36 pts
Sleep Gas: Burst Area Affliction 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Asleep, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft], Affects Corporeal, Selective); 1 pt
Fog: Environment 2 (Reduce Visibility 2 [-5 perception]); 1 pt
Blinding Fog: Cloud Area Affliction 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Cloud Area, Affects Corporeal, Selective, Flaw: Limited to one sense [Visual]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Watchtower/JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +2
Gas Control +9
Special Attack [Nauseate Affliction +9, Area Burst; Knockout Affliction +9, Area Burst; Sleep Affliction +9, Cloud Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Hood
Inexperienced: As a new hero, Veil can make mistakes or poor decisions in crisis/combat situations
Motivation: Finding a cure for her condition and proving herself as a hero
Phobia: Her powers are making her molecules slowly lose cohesion and without a cure, she will simple dissipate eventually and the thought terrifies her
Relationships: She has gotten close to her Avengers Academy teammates, particularly Striker, and she has a crush on Justice

Abilities 26 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 62 + Defenses 19 = 133 / 133

Comments: Veil has a pretty cool powerset, what with being able to turn into gas and such, but the flaw is that her molecules are losing cohesion and eventually she will dissipate for good. This fills her with great fear that she will just fade away, even though Pym is working to cure her and he usually comes through on that kind of stuff in the end.

She would have been easy enough to take up to playable points, but I didn't for now since I really like her just where she is.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:55 pm

We've got yet another item that proves THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT here at J-Mart!

Striker (to Finesse): Kinda makes you think, doesn't it? Wait...never mind. EVERYTHING makes you think...

FINESSE
PL: 9 (156 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+12), Athletics 8 (+10), Deception 5 (+5), Insight 10 (+13) [Assessment], Intimidation 4 (+4), Investigation (+5), Perception 10 (+13), Sleight of Hand (+5), Stealth 4 (+9), Technology (+5), Treatment (+5), Vehicles (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (2), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (2), Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Photographic Reflexes: Variable 4 (20 pts traits; Extra: Action [Free], Flaw: Limited [Skills, Advantages, Active Defenses]); 32 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Costume: Protection 1; 1ep
JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Watchtower/JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (JLA/Avengers/GOG/MI Status); 5ep
Arsenal: (3ep)
Escrima Sticks: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Split; 3ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +2; Escrima Sticks +4]
Ranged Attack +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Know it All: With her high intelligence and lack of social skills, she can be off-putting and a definite know-it-all
Motivation: Learning all she can and being the best at everything she wants to be

Abilities 66 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 32 + Defenses 15 = 156 / 156

Comments: Finesse has the photographic reflex ability like her father(?), Taskmaster. She also has zippo people skills, and has shown the propensity to skirt the hero/villain line to improve her knowledge which seems to be her whole goal in life. Being the best you can be is a noble goal, but she’s kinda scary with it. And that adds a great dynamic to the group.
Truth be told, I could have brought her at playable points, but I decided not to. Her Photographic Reflexes power could have easily allowed me to skimp on the Skills and Advantages, but I wanted her to be a little more effective without it, since she has shown to be able to hang with her dear old dad for at least a little while.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: Avengers Academy: Reptil, Veil, Finesse

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:56 am

Nice Avengers Academy stuff, so far. I like what I've read of that series- the heroes are powerful, but aren't great fighters, and even Finesse, who is DANGEROUSLY close to an excessively-powerful "newbie hero who kicks all ass" character, gets pwned on occasion by people like The Chameleon, Iron Fist & Captain America. And good ol' fashioned Teen Angst and Teen Stupidity and Going Off On Their Own is a classic comic book trope, and never gets old.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Emerald Flame » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:45 am

Excellent work on the Academy builds...
Emerald Flame's 3e Builds
Emerald Flame's 2e Misc. Builds

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

Geekery
Hireling
Hireling

Re: #322

Post by Geekery » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:22 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Yep, I already have some of them done, but I am struggling with Simmons because I want to make him a PL20, but really, I think he should be a PLX.
He took out Devastator. With a SATELLITE PHONE. We're talking Chuck Norris-levels of awesome here.
And John Tuturro is da man. His 5 minutes as Jesus in the Big Lebowski made him an icon in my mind forever
I've actually been a fan for 20 years, since he starred in a Mafia-setting remake of Macbeth called Men of Respect. He is, in fact, the only reason I saw the 2007 Transformers movie.
no, grant morrison is never right about anything.
--BARON

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Jabroniville wrote:Nice Avengers Academy stuff, so far. I like what I've read of that series- the heroes are powerful, but aren't great fighters, and even Finesse, who is DANGEROUSLY close to an excessively-powerful "newbie hero who kicks all ass" character, gets pwned on occasion by people like The Chameleon, Iron Fist & Captain America. And good ol' fashioned Teen Angst and Teen Stupidity and Going Off On Their Own is a classic comic book trope, and never gets old.
Very true. Like I said, they didn't really break new ground until 14.1, but those tried and true teen angsty issues have made for a very enjoyable book, even for one such as I who are long, long, LONG, past those days.
Emerald Flame wrote:Excellent work on the Academy builds...
Thanks. I had them mostly done a few weeks ago until I got my Transformers kick, but I had them at PL8. After getting H&V I, I had to take them up to PL9 to be more in line with the teen heroes in that book. If King Chimera and Lightning could be PL9, the AA kids should be, too. I'm going to be pumping up several builds to make them more compatible with the DCA builds. I'm fine with the overall PL structure but some of the builds, geez...ain't no way Mary Marvel, GOOD Mary, should be a PL14...And Cheshire should not be able to hang with Karate Kid. Some are really getting adjusted before they roll in the Thorpacoverse.
Shop J-Mart!

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Post by hero4hire » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:15 pm

Opinions vary but some of them did seem a bit out there.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:49 pm

We keeping proving that THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT at J-Mart with yet another item in our Avengers Academy line.

Hazmat to Grizzly: Go back to your cell or I'll give you cancer.
Grizzly (pausing, then grumbling as he walked back to his cell): Kids today...I remember when they would just kick your ass...

HAZMAT
PL: 9 (135 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Deception 8 (+8), Expertise [Popular Culture] 3 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Radiation Control] 6 (+8), Stealth 3 (+5), Technology 2 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Wealthy Family), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack

POWERS:
Containment Suit: 6 pts traits, Removable (-1 pt); 5 pts
Radiation Containment Feature 1 (Neutralizes Disability Complication), Protection 3, Immunity 2 (Suffocation [Need to breathe]); 6 pts
Radiation Aura: Weaken Constitution 6 (Extra: Action [Reaction], Flaw: Permanent); 24 pts
Radioactive Physiology: Immunity 8 (Disease, Poison, Own Powers, Radiation Effects); 8 pts
Radiation Control: Array, 27 pt array; 30 pts
Radiation Burst: Burst Area Radiation Damage 9 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft], Penetrating); 27 pts
Radiation Blast: Ranged Damage 10; 1 pt
Radiation Barrage: Radiation Ranged Damage 9 (Extra: Multiattack); 1 pt
Radiation Sickness: Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cumulative); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +2
Radiation Control +8 [Radiation Blast +10; Radiation Barrage +9, Multiattack; Radiation Sickness Affliction +10]
Special Attack [Radiation Burst +9, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +5, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Bitch: Because of her condition, she has become bitter and can be very blunt and hateful at times, even though deep down, she has a good heart
Disability: She is a constant threat to others around her without her containment suit so she has to wear it all times around others or risk hurting or even killing them with her radiation
Inexperienced: As a new hero, Hazmat can make mistakes or poor decisions in crisis/combat situations
Relationships: Despite her bitchiness, she does care about her teammates, especially Mettle, who she sees as a kindred spirit
Temper: She has a quick temper that can cause her to make rash decisions

Abilities 22 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 67 + Defenses 22 = 135 / 135

Comments: Hazmat has the unfortunate situation of where she is a constant toxic hazard to anyone around her so she has to wear a containment suit at all times. This has made her very bitter but she really has a good heart, she just has a hard time dealing with her condition. In one book, Pym brought in Leech to spend the day with her, and he of course, nullified her powers so she got to be normal again for a day. It was a very cool moment. Fortunately, she can’t hurt Mettle, so they are now starting to date, which is kinda cool.

As a build, I basically ripped off Fallout from an earlier Threat Report (much like I will be ripping Dr. Metropolis for my upcoming Jack Hawksmoor build...) and dialed it down for her powerset.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:53 pm

This Avengers Academy build keeps us stating that THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT here at J-Mart!

Did his agent approve this shot?

STRIKER
PL: 9 (139 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics (+1), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise [Performance] 6 (+7), Expertise [Popular Culture] 4 (+5), Intimidation (+3), Perception 3 (+3), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Electrical Control] 5 (+8), Sleight of Hand 2 (+5), Stealth 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (2) (Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack

POWERS:
Electrical Immunity: Immunity 10 (Electrical Effects); 10 pts
Current Riding: Flight 6 (120 mph); 12 pts
Electrical Shield: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Defense); 5 pts
Electrical Control: Array, 30 pts; 34 pts
Chain Lighting: Electrical Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack); 30 pts
Lighting Blast: Electrical Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating); 1 pt
Lighting Burst: Electrical Damage 9 (Extra: Area Burst 2 [60 ft.]); 1 pt
Electrocution: Ranged Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Electrical Field: Protection 4, Impervious 4 (8 ranks), (Extra: Affects Others 2, Flaw: Sustained); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Electrical Control +8 [Electrical Blast +10; Chain Lightning +10, Multiattack; Electrocution Affliction +10]
Special Attack [Electrical Burst +9, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+10 with Electrical Shield) [DC18/20] Parry +8 (+10 with Electrical Shield) [DC18]
Toughness +4 (+8 with Electrical Field, +4 Impervious with Electrical Field), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: He is very arrogant and sees himself quite the ladies' man and a better hero than he is at this point
Fame: He was a child star before he came to the Academy
Inexperienced: As a new hero, Striker can make mistakes or poor decisions in crisis/combat situations
Responsibility: To fulfill his duties as a hero and to be star and be profitable for his agent and mother

Abilities 32 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 61 + Defenses 21 = 139 / 139

Comments: One of the more fun characters from Avengers Academy, Striker. He’s an arrogant, spoiled fame mongering immature kid and I love it. Deep down, he does seem to want to be a hero, but he wants to make sure he gets paid and mad props from the media for it, at least most of the time.

He's your basic electricity controller and he's just getting the hang of his Force Field, so I didn't make it very powerful, but I might tweak it a bit later.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Our last item in our Avengers Academy line is the final proof that THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT here at J-Mart!

Never ever underestimate the power of a cool catchphrase.

METTLE
PL: 9 (128 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 11, STAMINA 11, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+7), Athletics 2 (+12), Deception (+1), Expertise [Popular Culture] 5 (+5), Expertise [Surfing] 6 (+6), Insight (+1), Intimidation 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+5), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (3), Equipment (1), Fast Grab, Interpose, Power Attack

POWERS:
Iridium Skin: Protection 3, Impervious 7 (13 ranks), Immunity 16 (All Environmental Conditions, Disease, Poison, Fire/Heat Effects), Feature 1 (Increased Mass); 33 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +11]
Ranged Attack +1
Throwing +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC12] Parry +4 [DC12]
Toughness +14 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: His appearance can be quite disconcerting for people and he his no sense of touch
Inexperienced: As a new hero, he still makes rookie mistakes in combat situations
Motivation: Proving himself a hero, and Osborn wrong
Relationships: He is protective of his Avengers Academy teammates, but Hazmat in particular
Vulnerable: Since his body is made of living Iridium, he is vulnerable to magnetic attacks

Abilities 62 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 33 + Defenses 8 = 128 / 128

Comments: Mettle is the brick of Avengers Academy, a laid back surfer dude whose powers manifested to give him super strength and invulnerable Iridium skin but also stripping away his regular flesh, making him look like a really buff Red Skull. This does not set well with him, of course, but he tries and he's one of the emotional centers of the book.

And that finishes the Avengers Academy for now. I don't know enough about their new arch-nemesis yet to stat him up, but give me a little while and I will for sure. He's a got the potential to be a great villain. But tomorrow (or Saturday), it's back to unloading that truck from Cybertron...
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Re: J-Mart 3E: Reptil, Veil, Finesse, Hazmat, Striker, Mettle

Post by hero4hire » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Striker has a copy and paste typo in his complications.
Inexperienced: As a new hero, Veil can make mistakes or poor decisions in crisis/combat situations

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Post by scc » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:49 am

Thanks. I had them mostly done a few weeks ago until I got my Transformers kick, but I had them at PL8. After getting H&V I, I had to take them up to PL9 to be more in line with the teen heroes in that book. If King Chimera and Lightning could be PL9, the AA kids should be, too. I'm going to be pumping up several builds to make them more compatible with the DCA builds. I'm fine with the overall PL structure but some of the builds, geez...ain't no way Mary Marvel, GOOD Mary, should be a PL14...And Cheshire should not be able to hang with Karate Kid. Some are really getting adjusted before they roll in the Thorpacoverse.
I agree Cheshire is too powerful(why does she have 4 strength for one) but Mary I am not so sure. I am no expert on her but I did get the Super Buddies mini which was a lot of fun. She was brainwashed and beat the crap out of Captain Atom and Fire.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:12 pm

hero4hire wrote:Striker has a copy and paste typo in his complications.
See? Stryker is so inexperienced he forgot his own name!....and gender. :twisted:

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:39 pm

The DCA issues are probably a case of too many cooks, and the right hand not knowing what the left one is doing. Plus lazy editing (since it's just in PDF form, HOPEFULLY they can fix most of them before it's time to go to print). It's REALLY easy to assume the Strength scores match the old ones, without realizing that Strength 4 now gives you an 800-lb. lift. Plus, it makes sence that Cheshire could do tons of damage in melee- just give her a Strike-type power to reflect better hitting power. I do that for my martial artist builds, and I know many others do as well. As it stands, though- Cheshire is stronger than Nightwing, and WAY stronger than Black Canary, both of which are all wrong.

BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by BARON » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:45 pm

the funniest is the errata from the heroes handbook not making it into H&V1 :lol: :roll: :roll: