J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: PL10/150 PCs - Batman, GL, Cap, Supes, Hulk

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:53 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Thorp, for your Hulk's Playing nice with Banner power, Enhanced Traits in 3E are Sustained by default. Which should make the power cost 13 points, I think.
Aw, poop, I forgot that. I built him sans book. I'll have to edit that. Thanks for the catch.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: J-Mart: PCs - Bats, GL, Cap, Supes, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, WW

Post by BARON » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:42 pm

I've made characters who were close to wonder woman as a PL10/150pp build and they're pretty fun. they feel almost like a linda carter style made for tv version.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #125

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:15 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:I think my little game of RED LIGHT SPECIAL/GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL is done for the night as we end up with this GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL from our DC PC Line!

I am Mars' sole survivor. There is a reason for that.

MARTIAN MANHUNTER PC
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8 [12], STAMINA 8, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Expertise [Martian Lore] 2 (+5), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 5 (+5), Investigation 6 (+9) [Contacts], Perception 2 (+5), Ranged Combat [Martian Vision] 9 (+10), Stealth (+1), Technology 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Contacts, Languages (1) (English, Base: Martian), Leadership, Power Attack, Trance

POWERS:
Green Martian Physiology: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Protection 2; 13 pts
Green Martian Senses: Senses 3 (Normal Vision [Extended 2], Mental Awareness); 3 pts
Green Martian Powers: 25 pt dynamic array; 41 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 10, Communication 1 (Mental, 100 ft; Extra: Dynamic); 25 pts
Intangibility: Insubstantial 4 (Intangible, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Density: Enhanced Strength 4, Protection 4, Impervious 5 (9 ranks), Feature 3 (Increased Mass 3) (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Sustained); 2 pts
Invisibility: Concealment 4 (Visual, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Extended Mental Broadcast: Enhanced Communication 3 (Mental, Worldwide, Extra: Area, Selective, Dynamic); 2 pts
Shapeshifting: Morph 4 (Any Form, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Martian Vision: Force Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Flight: Flight 10 (2,000 mph), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 8 (25K Tons; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +1
Martian Vision +10 [Martian Vision +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +10 (+14 with Full Density), Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Alien: He sometimes struggles with adjusting to life on Earth and being the last green Martian (or so he thinks)
Enemy: His brother, Malefic; Human Flame
Power Loss: He loses all powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 2 when exposed to fire
Responsibility: To protect his adopted homeworld

Abilities 60 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 57 + Defenses 13 = 150 / 150

Comments: Now J’onn here will be an interesting play. I always wanted to run him in 2E but I will not let the 3E J’onn sit idly by! The whole reason I am whipping up all these playable JL and Avengers builds is to play them and by cracky, I will play them, whether it gets posted or not!

Anyway, I had to do a LOT of streamlining for J'onn to get him to playable pts and after struggling with an array for an hour or so, I said to hell with it and went with Variable power. 30 pts gives him enough to either increase his flying brick mode, go Insubstantial, Elongate, fire some Martian Vision or whatever else the GM would allow from his iconic abilities. I'm going to try and fit Miss Martian into a PL9 (note TRY, probably not succeed) so THAT should be really interesting!

Clean Up 2/16/11: J’onn gets the PL bump as well. That gave me enough pts to give him an array as opposed to just shoving everything into a Variable power. He should be better to play now.

Clean Up 8/8/11: J'onn goes to PL10 and I kept the dynamic array this time, but I am debating about going back to a Variable pool. If I actually test my PL10/150 pt JLA like I hope, I'll have to see how this goes.

Since I only had 3 more members of the core JLA to work up at PL10, I figured I'd knock them out before my week gets crazy again. Here's J'onn at PL10. I'm thinking I may go to Variable pool instead of the array since I can actually get 20 points of powers for less cost and more flexibility. We'll see. I'm not a fan of Variable powers for PCs, outside of something like a Reflex Memory set up.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #170 OV, #165 JT

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:22 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:A new item in our PC line hits the Aisle 1 shelves.

King of the Seven Seas, remember?

AQUAMAN PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+7), Athletics 2 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Arcane Lore] 4 (+5Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 3 (+5), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+5), Stealth 3 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Benefit (1) (Status – King of Atlantis/Sub Diego), Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (2), Favored Environment (Underwater), Languages (1) (Atlantean, Base: English)

POWERS:
Atlantean Physiology: Immunity 3 (Cold, Suffocation [Drowning], Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Aquatic]); Senses 1 (Low Light Vision), Regeneration 2, Swimming 8 (125 mph); 16 pts
King of the Seven Seas: 31 pt array; 32 pts
Summon Marine Life: Summon 4 (60 pt minions, Extra: Horde, Mental Link, Variable Type [Marine Life], Multiple Minions 2 [4 Minions], Flaw: Limited [In or Near Water]); 31 pts
Marine Telepathy: Comprehend 2 (Animals, Flaw: Limited [Marine Life]), Communication 4 (Flaw: Limited [Marine Life]), Enhanced Skills 4 (Persuasion 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited [Marine life only]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Black Manta, Ocean Master, DC writers, Raj
Relationships: Aquaman has a wife, Mera, and ties with his former ward, Tempest, and his friends in Atlantis
Responsibility: As King of Atlantis, Aquaman must often attend to the needs of his people and his duty to the Seven Seas
Temper: Aquaman is known for his fierce, warrior temper when tested
Weakness: Aquaman dehydrates when away from water for an extended time, becoming impaired, disabled, and finally incapacitated before his condition becomes dying. Immersion in water immediately removes all accumulated conditions

Abilities 60 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 48 + Defenses 20 = 150 / 150

Comments: Since some of you are new to the Tank, I will go over this topic again.

Get off Aquaman.

He’s a good character and concept. Not his fault he got bad press, a bad adaptation in Super Friends and some bad writing for years. No, his solo books will never sell. Hard to sell tales on the high seas consistently. But when he is in the League and things like his part time role in Brightest Day are perfect for him. And Alex Ross made him mega cool in Justice, which I loved. He’s got cred with the DCU heroes and most villains, and why his power set is always cracked on never ceases to amaze me. Super strong, good fighter, what SHOULD be diplomatic immunity, super swimming and THE ABILITY TO CONTROL (depending on the writer) AND/OR SUMMON 2/3 OF LIFE ON THE PLANET is pretty bad ass. People love Tarzan and he can just talk to apes. Try having someone drop a blue whale on your head and summon a school of tiger sharks on your ass. Yes, it’s got some serious limits, but come on, put him in the right setting and you have a Mary Sue of epic proportions.

Anyway, regarding the build itself, it’s not much of a departure from the DCHH build, just toned down enough for playable points. A 75 point minion summon is still good enough to pull just about any of the aquatic animals Jabroniville has built, including handy creatures like sharks, giant octopuses, narwhals and a blue whale. Or Prodigy Duck’s elasmosaurus, if you want to really get creative. It could all be fun stuff and not nearly worth all the crap he’s taken over the years.

Clean Up 8/8/11: So Aquaman goes to PL10 like the other JLA PCs. I had to make some serious cuts but still, summoning 4-60 point animals isn't bad and considering the cost of Jab's marine animals, that still gives him plenty of flexibility.
Aquaman at PL10/150 pts. I may have to change his Summon to Animal Control to get him more of where I want him, but I am trying to stick to most of the DCA power structures when I can. I'm just scaling them back/tweaking them to fit them in point structure. It truly speaks to my geekdom that I have been having a BLAST doing it. *sigh* Compulsive Character Creation Syndrome...it's a vicious disease... :( :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #30

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Check out this RED LIGHT SPECIAL on Aisle 1! But move quick, but it's going FAST!

Barry is the kind of man that I would've hoped to become if my parents hadn't been murdered. - Batman

THE FLASH (BARRY ALLEN) PC

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+10), Deception (+1), Expertise [Forensics] 4 (+7), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 3 (+6) [Well-Informed], Perception 3 (+6), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+3), Technology 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (1), Teamwork, Well-Informed

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: (SUPER SPEED) Agile Feint, Defensive Roll (2), Evasion (2), Improved Initiative (5), Instant Up, Move-by Action, Seize Initiative, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Speedster Physiology: Immunity 2 (Friction Heat, Poisons [Limited], Diseases [Limited]); 2 pts
Fastest Man Alive: Enhanced Parry 10, Enhanced Dodge 10, Speed 15 (64,000 mph), Quickness 11, Enhanced Advantages 15 (see Advantages), Enhanced Skills 3 (Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 ranks); 64 pts
Super Speed Stunts: 16 pt array; 20 pts
Tornado Blast: Cone Area Move Object 8 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft.], Flaw: Range [Close]); 16 pts
Rapid Attack: Burst Area Damage 5 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft.], Selective); 1 pt
Super Speed Movement: Movement 2 (Wall Crawling, Water Running, Flaw: Limited [only when moving]), Movement 1 (Slow Fall, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft], Affects Others); 1 pt
Vacuum: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 4 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst [30ft], Duration [Concentration]; 1 pt
Vibration: Insubstantial 4 (Intangible); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Flash Costume Ring: Feature 1 (Stores costume); 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +23
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +1
Special Attack [Rapid Burst +5, Area Attack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC25] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Professor Zoom, Gorilla Grodd, The Rogues
Relationships: His wife, Iris, grandson Bart “Kid Flash” Allen, Wally West, and the greater “Flash family.”
Secret Identity: Barry Allen, Central City police scientist.
Weakness: Extra effort involving Speed threatens to draw the Flash into the Speed Force.

Abilities 40 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 70 + Defenses 11 = 150 / 150

Comments: My PC take on one of my all-time favorite characters, Barry Allen. To me, he is still the iconic Flash, even though I still dig Jay Garrick and Wally West. And speedster powerset is still the most difficult to GM in my opinion and the one powerset that I cannot imagine writing every month for in comics. If he handled right, they are unbeatable on a level of Silver Age Superman. How can you beat someone how can hit you, or disable your death ray in less time than you can think? I mean, Professor Zoom could just be running through people and killing them any time he wants if the writers wanted him to. It’s scary.
My last member of the the core JLA at playable level, my favorite Flash, Barry Allen. I do love Wally, but Barry is the one I grew up with. He's the man. I do so hope they get that Flash movie off the ground before the superhero move craze crashes and burns like all Hollywood fads.
Shop J-Mart!

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: J-Mart: PCs - Iron Man, Thor, WW, J'onn, Aquaman, Barry

Post by catsi563 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:59 pm

He’s a good character and concept. Not his fault he got bad press, a bad adaptation in Super Friends and some bad writing for years. No, his solo books will never sell. Hard to sell tales on the high seas consistently. But when he is in the League and things like his part time role in Brightest Day are perfect for him. And Alex Ross made him mega cool in Justice, which I loved. He’s got cred with the DCU heroes and most villains, and why his power set is always cracked on never ceases to amaze me. Super strong, good fighter, what SHOULD be diplomatic immunity, super swimming and THE ABILITY TO CONTROL (depending on the writer) AND/OR SUMMON 2/3 OF LIFE ON THE PLANET is pretty bad ass. People love Tarzan and he can just talk to apes. Try having someone drop a blue whale on your head and summon a school of tiger sharks on your ass. Yes, it’s got some serious limits, but come on, put him in the right setting and you have a Mary Sue of epic proportions.
Lets put it this way. Aquaman had some of the most epic moments in the JLU series. Including King of the seven seas; remember?

and rising up out of the water on the back of an octopus that makes most whales look like goldfish and using it to hold a bridge together.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Bladewind » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:He’s a good character and concept. Not his fault he got bad press, a bad adaptation in Super Friends and some bad writing for years. No, his solo books will never sell. Hard to sell tales on the high seas consistently... ...Why his power set is always cracked on never ceases to amaze me. Super strong, good fighter, what SHOULD be diplomatic immunity, super swimming and THE ABILITY TO CONTROL (depending on the writer) AND/OR SUMMON 2/3 OF LIFE ON THE PLANET is pretty bad ass... Try having someone drop a blue whale on your head and summon a school of tiger sharks on your ass.
You know... that reminds me of DC versus Marvel.

Aquaman beat Namor by doing just that. He dropped a whale on Subby !!!

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Post by luketheduke86 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:My last member of the the core JLA at playable level, my favorite Flash, Barry Allen. I do love Wally, but Barry is the one I grew up with. He's the man. I do so hope they get that Flash movie off the ground before the superhero move craze crashes and burns like all Hollywood fads.
You know I was never a huge Flash fan but after finally getting around to reading a couple of his trades that's definitely changed! Nice PL10 builds there Thorp. I'm glad you gave Flash that Rapid Attack, I still don't get why Bart Allen was the only Flash who got a Damage based ability in the H&V...

Hey if they don't get a movie of his done soon you can always get the dvd's of the Flash live-action series. :wink:
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Bladewind wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:He’s a good character and concept. Not his fault he got bad press, a bad adaptation in Super Friends and some bad writing for years. No, his solo books will never sell. Hard to sell tales on the high seas consistently... ...Why his power set is always cracked on never ceases to amaze me. Super strong, good fighter, what SHOULD be diplomatic immunity, super swimming and THE ABILITY TO CONTROL (depending on the writer) AND/OR SUMMON 2/3 OF LIFE ON THE PLANET is pretty bad ass... Try having someone drop a blue whale on your head and summon a school of tiger sharks on your ass.

Yay! Someone remembered that besides me! My other favorite part of that fight was at the end when Aquaman said to Namor (and I'm paraphrasing), "your pride was your downfall...you were noble to cheat." :)

I need to get around to Namor. I can't believe I haven't gotten to him yet. Maybe in my upcoming X-Verse run since he seems to be fitting in well there.
luketheduke86 wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:My last member of the the core JLA at playable level, my favorite Flash, Barry Allen. I do love Wally, but Barry is the one I grew up with. He's the man. I do so hope they get that Flash movie off the ground before the superhero move craze crashes and burns like all Hollywood fads.
You know I was never a huge Flash fan but after finally getting around to reading a couple of his trades that's definitely changed! Nice PL10 builds there Thorp. I'm glad you gave Flash that Rapid Attack, I still don't get why Bart Allen was the only Flash who got a Damage based ability in the H&V...

Hey if they don't get a movie of his done soon you can always get the dvd's of the Flash live-action series. :wink:
Luke...I...I thought we were friends...*sniff*...I can't believe you'd threaten me with...*shudder*...The Flash TV series...*sniff*.... :shock:

Heck, I was a kid and remember watching the Spider-Man TV series with the cheesy wall-crawling effects and bad 70's acting and production and loved it. And even with that, I thought The Flash show sucked back then! :D
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:19 pm

We're adding a few items to our Villains Line tonight at J-Mart!

Never, EVER ask her to scratch your back...

LADY DEATHSTRIKE
PL: 10 (165 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+11), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+14), Deception 7 (+8), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 8 (+9), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 6 (+12), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 6 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Evasion (1), Favored Foe (Wolverine), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (2) (Claws 2), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base; Japanese), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1), Weapon Break

POWERS:
Cybernetic Enhancements: Protection 2, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Regeneration 5 (1/every other round), Immunity 2 (Critical Hits, Flaw: Limited [Bludgeoning damage]), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 11 pts
Datalink: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Machines); 4 pts
Adamantium Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 8, Reach [5 ft]); 12 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +12 [Claw Strike +8, Critical 18-20]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +5]
Ranged Attack +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Mental Instability: Lady Deathstrike was always a bit unstable, but the cyberization process made it worse to where she can become completely unhinged at the drop of a hat without proper medication
Obsession: Revenge against Wolverine
Vulnerable: She is vulnerable to magnetic attacks, taking an extra degree failure against them

Abilities 78 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 27 + Defenses 15 = 165 / 165

Build Comments: Lady Deathstrike, the long-time Wolverine foe, was not a fave of mine until X2 when Kelly Hu did a smashing, er, stabbing interpretation of her character that I really liked. They also did a nice revamp of her for Messiah CompleX so she’s grown on me. She’s basically a slightly better X-23 with some cyborg parts and a serious hatred for Wolverine. She can hang with him, but without help, Logan will take her the greater majority of the time.

Secret Origins: Yuriko Oyama is the daughter of Kenji Oyama, a former Japanese kamikaze pilot during World War II, whose face was horribly scarred in a failed suicide attack on an American battleship. Later becoming the head of Oyama Heavy Industries, Kenji had Yuriko and her two brothers privately tutored by Marcy Stryker, wife of an American soldier named William Stryker. Kenji felt much shamed by his failure decades earlier, and as a result he ultimately scarred the faces of his three children in a ritual design. Becoming the criminal scientist Lord Dark Wind, Kenji developed a means for bonding the virtually indestructible metal Adamantium to human bone, a procedure he hoped to use in creating an army of super-soldiers for Japan. However, his notes were stolen and it took him years to rediscover the process.
Growing to despise post-war Japanese civilization, Lord Dark Wind had the then-crippled assassin Bullseye brought to his island off the Japanese coast. There, Dark Wind replaced some of Bullseye's broken bones with Adamantium substitutes, hoping that in return Bullseye would assassinate Japan's minister of trade for him. Arriving in Japan intent on recapturing Bullseye, the blind costumed crime-fighter Daredevil encountered Yuriko, who sought vengeance on her father, both for scarring her and for the deaths of her brothers, who had perished in Lord Dark Wind's service. Moreover, the young man Yuriko loved, Kira, served in Dark Wind's private army, and she did not want her father to cause him harm. After Yuriko guided Daredevil to her father's private island, Bullseye escaped and Yuriko herself slew Lord Dark Wind just as he was about to kill Daredevil.

Following Daredevil's departure, Kira committed suicide in despair over Dark Wind's death. The shock of Kira's death radically altered Yuriko's outlook on life, and she resolved to carry on her father's work. Yuriko became convinced that the mutant adventurer Wolverine had gained his Adamantium-laced skeleton by means of the process stolen from her father years earlier. Garbed as a female samurai and calling herself Lady Deathstrike, Yuriko led a number of her father's warriors to Canada where they confronted Wolverine, seeking to retrieve his Adamantium skeleton for study. She was defeated by Wolverine's long-time friend Heather Hudson, who had adopted the costumed identity of Vindicator in her role as leader of the Canadian super-team Alpha Flight..

The Story so Far: Having failed to defeat Wolverine, Lady Deathstrike resolved to better fight him on his own terms and so struck a deal with Donald Pierce, the renegade White King of the elitist Hellfire Club, who had formed a band of cyborg mercenaries named the Reavers. Pierce had the extradimensional being named Spiral transform Deathstrike into a cyborg, healing her facial scars in the process. Now possessing superhuman strength and Adamantium claws to rival Wolverine's own, she led three other cyborgs in Pierce's employ - former Hellfire Club soldiers Cole, Macon, and Reese - in an attack on Wolverine, only to again meet defeat. Now interested only in vengeance, Deathstrike later joined Pierce and his Reavers in an ambush on Wolverine in a remote town in the Australian outback. Capturing him, they crucified him on an X-shaped cross and left him to die. Wolverine was rescued by the young mutant Jubilee, and after a brief clash with the Reavers, the pair escaped. Believing Wolverine had fled to the mutant research facility on Muir Island, the Reavers arrived and clashed with both a ragtag group of X-Men and the US government-sponsored Freedom Force team. After both sides suffered casualties, the tide of battle began to turn against them and the Reavers retreated.

She has come into conflict with Wolverine and the X-Men many times since. At times she has resigned her quest to kill Logan and has even worked with the X-Men cooperatively toward a common goal, such as the defeat of Stryfe. In an encounter with Logan shortly after Magneto removed the adamantium from his skeleton, Lady Deathstrike again encountered Puck and Vindicator. The fight with Wolverine destroys much of Vindicator's house and ends when Wolverine reveals his bone claws. As Logan no longer possessed the adamantium stolen from her father, she concluded there was no honor to be gained by killing him. She left the premises peacefully.

Lady Deathstrike later went to the aid of her former associate William Stryker, who had since become a minister and led an anti-mutant crusade that resulted in his imprisonment due to the murderous actions of his Purifier soldiers. Breaking him out of government custody, Deathstrike gave him access to the resources of Oyama Heavy Industries. In the course of aiding Stryker in his efforts, she fell under the control of Paul, a sentient computer entity who sought to protect the community of mutants living in Mount Haven. Under Paul's control, Deathstrike fought both Stryker and the X-Men, once more dueling with Wolverine and, ironically, meeting more success under Paul's control than she ever had on her own. In the course of one clash, Deathstrike was buried beneath collapsing rubble, but when the X-Man Bishop investigated he found only her severed cybernetic arm.

She later resurfaced with a second incarnation of the Reavers, who had allied with the Purifiers. When the New X-Men attacked, she mortally wounded Hellion. The New X-Men barely escaped alive. The Reavers then went for Cable, who had the messiah baby, Hope. While they attacked, X-Force, attacked as well. X-23 went against Deathstrike, ending with X-23 seemingly killing her.

Deathstrike was apparently repaired by Spiral in her Body Shop. While Spiral repaired Deathstrike's body, she also gave her a more submissive personality, as she continually did whatever she is told, while referring to Spiral as "Mistress". It is believed she has since overcome the reprogramming and continues as the mercenary leader of her Reavers.

Characterization: Lady Deathstrike has gone from a young woman with plans of vengeance to an often unhinged cyborg assassin. However, she still remains a mercenary and an assassin. Despite all this, Yuriko is set apart from many of the X-Men's foes in that she adheres to an honor code, despite being emotionally disturbed. It is not known if her cybernetics caused her mental instability, but she is often completely different in mindset from encounter to encounter.

Friends and Foes: Her greatest enemy is Wolverine, who she still blames for the loss of her father’s work.

Clean Up 11/17/13: Took Lady D down a PL as she never really seems to be able to beat Logan on her own, just give him a good fight.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart: Lady Deathstrike

Post by scc » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:33 am

Nice Lady D. I always liked her character.

Rodzilla
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Rodzilla » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Thorp...

VERY nice PL10's.. extremely nice indeed. Love 'em!!

I'm trying to verify the total cost of Powers for Thor, but I keep coming up with 55, not the 47 you have listed. It could *very* well be my math, but I was hoping you could confirm for me.

Thanks and thanks for all the very cool write-ups, Thorp.. yours is quit the enjoyable thread!!!

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Bladewind wrote:

Theres also something else to consider. how many of those wonderful heroes who laugh at the guy who can breath underwater would be laughing very long when theyre drowning and dieing from exessive pressure at the ocean floor as well as freezing their bums off. then having to sleep off the bends in a decompression chamber whilest aquaman laughs at them from outside of it?
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:54 pm

Rodzilla wrote:Thorp...

VERY nice PL10's.. extremely nice indeed. Love 'em!!

I'm trying to verify the total cost of Powers for Thor, but I keep coming up with 55, not the 47 you have listed. It could *very* well be my math, but I was hoping you could confirm for me.

Thanks and thanks for all the very cool write-ups, Thorp.. yours is quit the enjoyable thread!!!
Thanks for the props. And it's very possible I miscalculated on Thor. I'll check it. I hate defective merchandise on the shelves! :x
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:58 pm

A new item in our Villains Line hits the Aisle 2 shelves.

You think Mickey even knew they were shooting a movie when he was on that track? Or was it just another weekend in Monte Carlo for him? - Dennis Miller

WHIPLASH (IVAN VANKO)
PL: 10 (125 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Whip] 3 (+11), Deception 5 (+7), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 7 (+12), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 2 (+7), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Stealth (+2), Technology 8 (+13) [Inventor], Treatment 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Favored Foe (Iron Man), Improved Initiative (1), Inventor, Languages (1) (English, Base: Russian), Power Attack

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Trip, Takedown (1), Weapon Bind, Weapon Break

POWERS:
Whiplash Harness: 38 pts traits, Removable (-8 pts); 30 pts
Harness and Whip Protection: Protection 3, Enhanced Dodge 3, Enhanced Parry 3; 9 pts
Whip Smarts: Enhanced Advantages 6 (see Advantages); 6 pts
Electro Whips: Array, 21 pt array; 23 pts
Whip Strike: Energy Damage 9 (Extra: Reach 2 [25 ft], Penetrating 9, Split); 21 pts
Whip Stun: Affliction 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Reach 2, Split); 1 pt
Whip Snare: Affliction 9 (Resisted by Parry; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Parry], Extra Condition, Reach 2 [25 ft], Split, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2]
Whips +11 [Whip Strike +9; Whip Stun +9]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Iron Man
Revenge: He wants to prove his father was right and take revenge on Stark Industries

Abilities 52 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 23 + Defenses 14 = 125 / 125

Comments: I watched Iron Man 2 again the other day and I figured since I was working on villains, I thought I would whip up (snicker) Whiplash from the movie. I thought Mickey Rourke did a great job with the character, and even though the comic Whiplash was kind of a pud, he made this version a fun intelligent menace.

For a true movie version, I’d probably put him more PL8, maybe 9 tops, but since this one might get used in the higher level DCA setting, he gets a PL10.

The new comic Whiplash is coming eventually.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!