J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
cbwjm
Henchman
Henchman

Re: J-Mart: Obi-Wan, X-stuff JD, Remodeling and Importing

Post by cbwjm » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:29 pm

That is a really well done Jack Hawksmoor, Whenever I've come across him and tried thinking of his powers in M&M stats I always drew a blank.

Although maybe I just didn't want to put the effort into defining his power set, of course now I don't have to :)

chatty
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart 3E: Happy M-Day! Charity, The Alphas, The Bride

Post by chatty » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
chatty wrote:"And what, pray tell, is the five point palm exploding heart technique?"
I will PM you the explanation. I don't want to spoil it for anyone that might not have seen the movies yet, that wants to.
Doh. I just noticed this. I was directly quoting the movie. I KNOW what it is!
"Persistence is often met with vengeance!"

Truxton Spangler (Rubicon Season 1, Episode 9)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart 3E: Happy M-Day! Charity, The Alphas, The Bride

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:00 pm

chatty wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:
chatty wrote:"And what, pray tell, is the five point palm exploding heart technique?"
I will PM you the explanation. I don't want to spoil it for anyone that might not have seen the movies yet, that wants to.
Doh. I just noticed this. I was directly quoting the movie. I KNOW what it is!
DOH x2! I should have known that! :shock: :mrgreen:

Funny you should mention that build, as I was going through and reworking building, I actually got around to adding the Progressive modifier for that build like Eld suggested. I think that works more "realistically".
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Lots of GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL Imports tonight at J-Mart!

The Corps is the root of all order and knowledge. The Corps is the maintainer of life and guardian of truth. Without the Corps there would be only chaos and darkness. The Corps is without fear. Without anger or corruption. It is the creation of a highly-evolved mind and maintained by like beings whose destiny it is to maintain the order of things in the universe. The Corps has battled against the forces of chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor. Knowledge is the sum of all reason and perception. Power is force prevailing over mass. Power without reason is chaos. Force without knowledge is destructive. The Corps is ultimate knowledge harnessed to ultimate power. The Lantern is the source. - Abin Sur

GREEN LANTERN (ABIN SUR)
PL: 14 (248 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 4 (+6), Deception (+4), Expertise [Green Lantern Lore] 9 (+11), Expertise [History] 5 (+7), Insight 8 (+13) [Assessment], Intimidation (+4), Investigation 8 (+10), Perception 7 (+12), Persuasion 7 (+11) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 7 (+11), Stealth (+3), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Connected, Defensive Roll (2), Favored Foe (Sinestro), Fearless, Leadership, Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will), Withstand Damage*

POWERS:
Ungaran Physiology: Immunity 1 (Aging); 1 pt
Green Lantern Power Ring: 141 pts traits, Removable (-28 pts); 113 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Central Power Battery); 1 pt
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move] Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 9 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Withstand Damage); 32 pts
Force Manipulation: 37 pt Dynamic Array; 51 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Create], Flaw: Affects others only), Create 12 (Force Spheres; Extra: Linked [Immunity], Flaw: Limited to simple spherical objects); 37 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 17 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 11 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Weapons: Strength-based Damage 6 (Extra: Dynamic, Reach [5 ft], Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing]); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection; Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Minions: Summon 4 (60 pt minions; Extra: Dynamic, Multiple Minions 2 [4 minions], Variable Type 2 [Broad, Hard Light Constructs]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2; Force Weapons +8]
Ranged Attack +4
Power Ring +11 [Force Blast +17; Force Lifting Move Object +17; Force Constructs +17]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll, +14 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +17 (Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sinestro and the Sinestro Corps, Atrocitus.
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Relationships: He is close to Green Lanterns Hal Jordan, Kilowog and Soranik Natu, who he treats as a daughter.
Reputation: Despite his reputation as one of the greatest Green Lanterns of all time, he also known for his passion, his stubbornness and his fearlessness in challenging The Guardians.
Responsibility: To protect his space sector as a Green Lantern of Sector 2814.
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 66 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 114 + Defenses 28 = 248 / 248

Build Comments: Abin Sur for the Thorpacoverse.

Secret Origins: Abin Sur of Ungara was appointed Green Lantern of Sector 2814 in the mid-1860’s of Earth time. Over the years he became one of the greatest Green Lanterns in the history of the Corps, known for his passion for his work, his intuitiveness and his unmatched force of will. That will sometimes got him in trouble with the Guardians, for while loyal, he never hesitated to question their judgment.

The Story so Far: About 10 years ago, he was mortally wounded by Qull and Atrocitus of the Five Inversions as he was investigating the prophecy of The Blackest Night. The spaceship he was using due to his concerns about the truth of the prophecy and its statement that his ring would fail him when he needed it most, crashed on Earth, where the ring sought out a replacement as he lay dying. It found Hal Jordan who was with him in his last moments.

For a time, his spirit dwelt in the afterlife, while his body remained in state on Oa. During The Blackest Night, a Black Ring from Nekron re-animated his body, and he attempted to kill Hal Jordan and once friend and brother-in-law, Sinestro, who now led his own Corps. He was freed from his undeath by the combined powers of Sinestro, Hal Jordan, Star Sapphire and Indigo-1, but his story did not end there as The Entity, the force of life in the universe chose to bring him back to life as part of 1,666,217 souls, including his son, Amon Sur, who is a key member of the Sinestro Corps, to help bring balance back to the universe.

Given a second chance at life, he chose to continue to protect the galaxy as a Green Lantern and he is one of the 5 Green Lanterns that protect Sector 2814. With his skill, compassion and bravery, he continues to write his legend as one of the greatest forces of good in the cosmos.

Characterization: Abin Sur is wise, honorable, headstrong, stubborn and one of the, if not the, greatest Green Lantern ever.

Friends and Foes: He and Hal Jordan are good friends and he is also close to his (in Earth terms) god-daugher, Soranik Natu. He is forming a good relationship with his new partner and trainee Simon Baz and is widely respected throughout the Corps.

He and Sinestro have a complicated relationship. Prior to Sinestro’s return to the Corps, they had a couple of battles that ended in stalemates. Since Sinestro has put on a Green Ring again, they have called a truce and worked together on several occasions, but as Salaak says, they need to come to an understanding soon, for the good of the Corps.

Clean Up 2/24/13: Some tweaks to Abin as I review my Lantern-verse.

Clean Up 8/20/13: Abin gets a Superior Thorpacoverse review.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Another GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL IMPORT hits the Aisle 1 shelves!

They say I'm fearless, but actually I'm very afraid. Of getting beat. Of backing down. Of chickening out. That fear just blows all the others away. - Hal Jordan

GREEN LANTERN (HAL JORDAN)
PL: 14 (248 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5/+9), Athletics 5 (+7), Deception 5 (+9), Expertise [Green Lantern Lore] 6 (+7), Expertise [Law Enforcement] 6 (+7), Expertise [Military] 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+8), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 7 (+10), Stealth 3 (+5), Vehicles 11 (+14)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (1), Extraordinary Effort, Evasion, Fearless, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will Check), Withstand Damage*

POWERS:
Dogfighter: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Limited [only when flying]), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Limited [only when flying]), Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 4, Flaw: Limited [only when flying]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Evasion, Improved Defense, Flaw: Limited [only when flying]); 4 pts
Green Lantern Power Ring: 146 pts traits, Removable (-29 pts); 117 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move] Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Withstand Damage); 35 pts
Force Manipulation: 37 pt Dynamic Array; 53 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 18 (Extra: Dynamic); 37 pts
Force Constructs: Create 18 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 11 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Shapeable Force Blast: Ranged Shapeable Area Force Energy Damage 9 (Extra: Shapeable Area 2 [60 ft volume], Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 18 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Weapons: Strength-based Damage 6, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Power Attack), (Extra: Accurate, Dynamic, Reach [5 ft], Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing]); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection; Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Create], Flaw: Affects others only), Create 12 (Force Spheres; Extra: Linked [Immunity], Flaw: Limited to simple spherical objects); 2 pts
Force Minions: Summon 4 (60 pt minions; Extra: Dynamic, Multiple Minions 2 [4 minions], Variable Type 2 [Broad, Hard Light Constructs], Flaw: Concentration); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +2]
Ring Weapons +11 [Ring Weapons +8]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +10 [Force Blast +18; Force Constructs Create +18; Force Lifting Move Object +18; Shapeable Blast +9, Shapeable Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+12 when Flying) [DC20/22] Parry +9 (+11 when Flying) [DC19/21]
Toughness +4 (+3 without Defensive Roll, +14 with Force Field, +7 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +9, Will +18

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sinestro and the Sinestro Corps, Hector Hammond, Black Hand, Evil Star.
Guilt: Hal feels responsible for the terrible acts of Parallax while the fear entity controlled him.
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Relationships: Carol Ferris, Green Arrow (Oliver Queen), Flash (Barry Allen).
Reputation: Hal Jordan is a maverick in nearly all aspects of his life and known for having issues with authority.
Responsibility: To protect his space sector as the Green Lantern of Sector 2814.
Rivalry: Nova Prime (Richard Rider), Batman.
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 56 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 121 + Defenses 28 = 248 / 248

Build Comments: I love build Lantern Corpsmen (obviously) and this run at Hal gave me a chance to review my power ring power structure and make some very minor tweaks. From a couple of tests with him it works exactly how I wanted to I didn’t figure there was much sense in making many changes.

Secret Origins: Hal Jordan was born in Coast City on February 20th, to parents Martin Jordan and Jessica Jordan, the middle of three children with older brother Jack and a younger brother Jim. As a young child, he idolized his father, a test pilot who worked for Ferris Aircraft. At a very young age, he had to face his greatest fears when his father died in a plane crash right before his eyes. Despite his family's wishes, he followed in his father's footsteps and eventually joined the United States Air Force on his 18th birthday – turning up that very morning outside the Armed Forces Career Center before it had even opened.

Many years later, a dying alien named Abin Sur, member of the Green Lantern Corps, crash-landed his ship in the Californian desert. His power ring, being programmed to select a worthy replacement for any of their users that die, chose Hal Jordan for his ability to overcome great fear.
The ring automatically transported him to Oa, where and its abilities were explained to him, and he inherited the mantle of Green Lantern of Sector 2814. He would soon learn that there were another 3599 Green Lanterns across the universe, all monitored and empowered by mystical creatures called the Guardians. Hal received training from some of the best the Corps had to offer, including drill sergeant Kilowog, and his mentor, Sinestro.

The Story so Far: During his training, Hal learned that Sinestro has been subjugating his home planet, Korugar, through fear, using his ring. After Hal reported these acts to the Guardians and fellow Corps members, he battled Sinestro, and emerged victorious. Along with the rest of the Corps, he then testified against Sinestro at his trial. Expelled from the Corps and banished by the Guardians to the Antimatter Universe as punishment, Sinestro became a sworn enemy to the Corps and gained a new Qwardian power ring, the start of his revenge.

The Guardians originally only sanctioned one Green Lantern per sector, then allotted two per sector about 7 years ago and Hal was joined by John Stewart and succeeded in role at times by Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner. Hal had However, due to the events of Blackest Night and the revelation that life indeed started on Earth, and the amount of superhuman and intergalactic disturbances on Earth over the past 7-10 years, the Guardians have made an exception and allotted 5 for Section 2814. The recently resurrected Abin Sur, Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart and Kyle Rayner all share responsibility for the sector and all also rotate as the Green Lantern representative on the Justice League.

Characterization: Hal is a reckless and cocky man that struggles with authority. More than once he has left his emotions cloud his better judgment, something the Guardians berate him for. Despite those attributes, he’s a one of the universe’s greatest hero with a strong willpower and an ability to overcome great fear. Hal is guided by his own conscience rather than the general rules that most of the Green Lanterns follow. One of his best traits is his refusal to admit defeat even in the darkest of situations, which has allowed him to achieve victory when facing even the most difficult odds,

Jordan is seen by many as the greatest Green Lantern of all, but he personally believes that spot belongs to his predecessor, Abin Sur. Sinestro, of course, believes that spot belongs to him and continually tries to prove that by proving his superiority to Jordan and the rest of the Corps by being their biggest nemesis.

Friends and Foes: Hal and his boss at Ferris Aircraft, Carol Ferris, have been romantically involved off and and on for years. They are currently “off” but Hal remains hopeful of reconciliation. Carol, who is the current leader of the Star Sapphire Corps deeply loves Hal, but remains separated from him to keep that bond as she fears their rocky history will lead to the loss of thelove that she needs to wield her power. Hal has also been involved with fellow Green Lantern Arisia Rrab, the superheroine Diva and Jillian Pearlman

Hal is also good friends with Tom Kalmaku, a young Eskimo lad who worked as his mechanic at Ferris Air. His best friend is Oliver Queen, Green Arrow. They two of them became close as member of the Justice League but eventually did a lot of adventuring together, strengthening their bond. He also counts Barry Allen, The Flash, as one of his best friends as well.

He has several enemies, but none with a more complex or personal history than his former friend and mentor, Sinestro. They have clashed several times over the years, but when the threat has loomed large enough, they have been able to put aside their differences and work for the common good of the universe.

Clean Up 4/17/12: Did a little work on Hal. Since I really think he deserves Favored Environment, it allowed me to pump up his power for the sake of accuracy since he will be flying a lot which will give him +2 to hit so he'll really be a PL14 on offense a lot of the time.

Clean Up 2/21/13: A few tweaks to Hal as I look at all my Corps.

Clean Up 8/11/13: Updated Hal for the Superior Thorpacoverse.

Clean Up 4/9/14: Trying a new Force Bubble mechanic that I may have to add to 30+ @#$*@^! Lantern builds if I like it.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Another GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL IMPORT gets stocked on Aisle 1!

No Manhunter escapes the man... - John Stewart

GREEN LANTERN (JOHN STEWART)
PL: 13 (233 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+10), Deception (+1), Expertise [Architect] 10 (+13), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+1), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 3 (+13), Stealth 6 (+8), Technology 6 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1) (Ring Blasts), Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Lionheart*, Luck (Heroic Feat) (1), Precise Attack (2) (Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment), Ranged Attack (6), Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Aim), Withstand Damage*

POWERS:
Green Lantern Power Ring: 136 pts traits, Removable (-27 pts); 109 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 8 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Withstand Damage); 31 pts
Force Manipulation: 37 pt Dynamic Array; 47 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Create], Flaw: Affects others only), Create 12 (Force Spheres; Extra: Linked [Immunity], Flaw: Limited to simple spherical objects); 37 pts
Force Constructs: Create 15 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Precise, Flaw: Inaccurate); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 11 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable, Precise); 2 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 13, Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 15 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Inaccurate); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +7
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +10
Power Ring +13 [Force Blast +13; Movable Constructs +9]
Power Ring Constructs +11 [Force Lifting Move Object +15; Force Constructs +15]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll, +14 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +15 (Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sinestro Corps, Bedovian, Fatality.
Guilt: John feels responsible for not preventing the destruction of the planet Xanshi and has never forgiven himself.
Relationships: The other Earth GLs, Katma Tui.
Responsibility: To protect his space sector as a Green Lantern of Sector 2814.

Abilities 52 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 109 + Defenses 31 = 233 / 233

Build Comments: John Stewart has always been a fave of mine so he will remain a main player in the GL-verse of my setting. Generally his background remains the same. He's still a former Marine sniper and I built him to reflect that. He can hit hard with Power Attack, but he's meant to take and make the final shot, not necessarily be the one to beat down the big threats at the beginning. That's Guy's job.

Secret Origins: John Stewart was an architect who was selected by the Guardians of the Universe as Hal Jordan's backup after Guy Gardner was seriously injured in a disaster. Although Jordan objected after seeing that Stewart had a belligerent attitude to authority figures, not unlike himself, of course, the Guardians stood by their selection. Jordan complied and recruited and equipped Stewart with the standard uniform and power ring.

After a rocky first mission together where they had the assignment of protecting a racist politician. But with John proving his mettle even when dealing with someone like that, Jordan concluded that Stewart was an excellent recruit after all.

The Story so Far: For some time, Stewart occasionally filled in for him as Green Lantern when Jordan was unavailable, including some missions of the Justice League. After Jordan gave up being Green Lantern, the Guardians selected Stewart to full time duty. Stewart filled that role for some years, during which time he married Katma Tui, the Green Lantern of the planet Korugar. After Tui’s murder, John resigned his position for a while to but after a brief period of mourning, he became Green Lantern once again and became a member of the Justice League.

His most difficult experience occurred when the gods of Apokolips and New Genesis made an alliance to face a threat against the galaxy and he was one of the heroes called upon to help. Four aspects of the Anti-Life Equation had invaded the universe, and each intended to destroy a planet that would begin a process threatening to destroy the galaxy. John teamed with Martian Manhunter to save the planet Xanshi from one of the aspects. Tragically, they failed due to John arrogantly believing he could stop the aspect's plan on his own. Xanshi was destroyed, and the guilt drove John to the brink of suicide.

He recovered and has been one the Corps greatest members. He has seen the Corps through its most dangerous times, dealing with Krona, the Sinestro Corps War, the War of Light, the Blackest Night and other great events. He and the other Green Lanterns assigned to Sector 2814, Abin Sur, Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner and Simon Baz all rotate membership in the Justice League depending on who as assigned to Earth at the time.

Characterization: John can be strict and abrupt due to tragedies in his earlier life and his military service but he is also compassionate and loyal. And where he was once in his life, he is now never afraid to take the big shot.

Friends and Foes: John gets along well with the other Sector Green Lanterns and more Corps members overall. He had romantic relationships with Shayera Hol and Vixen after his wife died, but not too long ago, Katma Tui turned up alive (under mysterious circumstances, but the Guardians confirmed that is indeed her) and they have resumed their relationship.

Clean Up 4/6/12: John gets a tweak during the GL review.

Clean Up 8/20/13: Really minor tweaks to John as I work on the Thorpacoverse. The original remains for when I flip-flop.
GREEN LANTERN (JOHN STEWART)
PL: 13 (225 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+10), Deception (+1), Expertise [Architect] 10 (+13), Insight 3 (+6), Intimidation (+1), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 7 (+10), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 10 (+13), Stealth 6 (+8), Technology 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1) (Ring Blasts), Improved Initiative (1), Lionheart*, Luck (Heroic Feat) (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Precise Attack (2) (Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment), Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Aim)

POWERS:
Green Lantern Power Ring: 133 pts traits, Removable (-27 pts); 106 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Write, All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Flaw: Limited to Senses); 6 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3); 36 pts
Force Field: Protection 12 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 34 pts
Force Manipulation: 31 pt Dynamic array; 43 pts
Force Constructs: Create 15 (Extra: Dynamic, Precise, Flaw: Inaccurate); 31 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Damage 13, Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks) (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Rapid Fire Blast: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Dynamic, Multiattack); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 9 (Extra: Dynamic, Movable, Precise); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Anywhere, Radio, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Immunity 10 (Life Support, Extra: Dynamic, Area Burst [30 ft radius], Ranged, Flaw: Affects others only); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 15 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Inaccurate); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +7
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +3
Firearms +10
Power Ring Blast +13 [Force Blast +13; Rapid Blast +10, Multiattack]
Power Ring +11 [Force Lifting Move Object +15; Force Constructs +15; Movable Constructs +9]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +3 (+15 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +15 (Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sinestro Corps, Bedovian, Fatality
Guilt: John feels responsible for not preventing the destruction of the planet Xanshi and has never forgiven himself
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low
Relationships: The other Earth GLs, Katma Tui
Responsibility: To protect his space sector as the Green Lantern of Sector 2814
Responsibility: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 48 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 106 + Defenses 32 = 225 / 225
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

#394, #395

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:59 pm

Now we have an ORANGE LIGHT SPECIAL IMPORT for Aisle 1!

MINE.

ORANGE LANTERN (LARFLEEZE)

PL: 14 (435 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+7), Deception 9 (+8), Insight (+2), Intimidation 11 (+10), Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 8 (+11), Sleight of Hand 10 (+13), Stealth 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Diehard, Improved Disarm, Tracking

POWERS:
Larfleeze Physiology: Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poisons), Senses 3 (Scent [Extended, Acute]); 6 pts
Orange Lantern Power Ring: 130 pts traits, Removable (-26 pts); 104 pts
Attention Orange Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Orange Lantern Corps); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Orange Power Battery); 1 pt
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Orange Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 31 pts
Force Manipulation: 35 pt Dynamic Array; 43 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Orange Consumption: Nullify 17 (Yellow Power Ring and Green Power Ring Effects, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Orange Lantern Power Battery: 261 pts traits, Removable (-52 pts); 209 pts
They are all MINE: Summon 13 (128 195-pt Minions, Extra: Active, Horde, Multiple Minions 7 [125 minions], Variable Type 2 [Broad, Orange Lantern Corps Avatars of victims]); 260 pts
Orange Ring Recharge: Feature 1 (Recharges Orange Power Rings); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +11 [Force Blast +17; Force Lifting +17; Force Constructs +17]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +8 (+15 with Force Field, +7 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +11, Will +17

COMPLICATIONS:
ADD: Larfleeze's desires are so powerful and varied that he is often distracted by something new he wants to acquire
Enemy: Anyone who wants any of his stuff, but he feels that the Guardians of the Universe have betrayed him so he doesn't like them. Doesn't mean he doesn't want their stuff, though…
Greed: Duh…he wants it ALL
Outcast: Larfleeze’s manner and appearance are alien and his time in seclusion has made him difficult to relate to
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low
Vulnerable: Since avarice cannot consume hope or cannot affect true love, Orange Lanterns Immunity to Power Ring effects does not work against them and they also take an extra degree of failure against those rings' effects
Weakness: The Orange Lantern power ring depends on the willpower of the wearer and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 56 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 319 + Defenses 27 = 435 / 435

Build Comments:
And we have a record. Of all people, freakin’ Larfleeze is the highest point character I have built in 3E (for now, Galactus is coming...). Outside of Galactus and Gog in 2E, he’s the highest point character I have EVER built. Granted, that is more a testament to the ridiculous cost of Summon, but at a whopping 466 points (unless I did the math wrong, someone check me) he’s no doubt the most dangerous single Lantern in the universe. However, he is also a greedy goofball, so he can be beaten pretty easily if you know what you’re doing. Mainly if you can distract him or get his Lantern away, he can be taken down. But since he pretty much controls the entire Orange Light of Avarice, you have to hit him hard to do it. The best bet is to distract him with something else he wants and strike a bargain so he leaves you alone.

In my setting he is pretty much himself, searching the universe for stuff to acquire and wreaking all kinds of havoc along the way that the GL Corps and other cosmic heroes have to clean up. I can really see him and Nova going at it because I know he would want a Xandarian Worldmind of his own.

Secret Origins: Larfleeze (also known as Agent Orange to those who wield power from the emotional spectrum) is the first and for a long time the only individual to wield the power of the orange light. Little is known about his past except that he comes from an incredibly long-lived species, as Larfleeze is said to be over several billion years old. He was taken from his parents for reasons yet to be revealed and forced to work as a slave. His time as a slave was cruel and harsh: his cruel and sadistic masters starved Larfleeze and his fellow slaves in order to weed out those too weak to work in the hellish conditions they were forced to toil in. This cruelty and deprivation deeply affected Larfleeze, who at some point escaped and became a wanted criminal, along with several of his species.

Billions of years ago, Larfleeze belonged to a small guild of thieves which stole a number of artifacts from the planet Maltus, including a mysterious box supposedly worth an entire star system to the right buyer. In retaliation, the Guardians of the Universe sent their Manhunters to pursue them. Those that escaped discovered a map belonging to the Guardian Krona that told of treasure. The guild followed the map into the Vega System to the planet Okaara. There they discovered a temple, inside of which was a Power Battery containing the orange light of avarice. Feeling its power "speak" to them, the criminals fought amongst themselves for it. Eventually the Guardians and their Manhunters found them, however, because of its proximity to Larfleeze and the others, the Guardians could not get within reaching distance of the box.

The Guardians and Manhunters who tried were incinerated by the Orange Light of Avarice. Fearing the power of the orange light, the Guardians offered the two surviving guild members (Larfleeze and Turpa) a deal: in exchange for the mysterious box, the Guardians would trade the orange light with two additional conditions. First, as long as the orange light remained within the Vega system, the Guardians would agree not to interfere with it. Then secondly, for the safety of others, only one of the two thieves would be allowed to keep the orange light for themselves. Larfleeze explained that the Guardians were desperate to get the box back because it contained the fear entity Parallax. Agreeing to these terms, the two guild members fought to the death for the right to own the orange light, and Larfleeze emerged victorious

The Story so Far: When the Sinestro Corps War ended, multiple Yellow Power Rings made their way to the Vega system, and the Guardians authorized the Green Lanterns to enter the system and capture the rings and their bearers. Agent Orange tolerated them as they did not head to Okaara. However, the Controllers, aware of the coming War of Light, decided to seek out the orange light and harness it for their own power. Journeying to Okaara, the Controllers discovered Larfleeze's underground palace and entered. They found the Orange Lantern Power Battery and attempted to claim it, only for Agent Orange to unleash the Orange Lanterns from the battery to kill the Controllers.[2] Enraged at this percieved violation, Agent Orange sent the Orange Lanterns to capture the Green Lantern Stel, who was pursuing a member of the Sinestro Corps. Stel was captured and seriously damaged, and Agent Orange ordered the Orange Lanterns to brand Stel with their seal. When the Green Lanterns recovered Stel and returned him to Oa, a hologram of Agent Orange burst forth and confronted the Guardians about the attempt to steal the Orange Battery. Although the Guardians pointed out that it was the Controllers who had entered Vega, Agent Orange refused to listen, and declared that the treaty was null and void, and that the Guardians would submit to his demands or face the wrath of the Orange Lanterns. Saying that the Guardians did not negotiate with terrorists, the Scarred Guardian blasted the Agent Orange hologram and presented a motion to repeal the Vega ban.

Despite reservations, the Guardians went ahead with the repeal of the ban. Making their way to Okaara, the Guardians and the Green Lanterns were soon attacked by Orange Lanterns. Larfleeze's lanterns began draining the energy from the constructs the Guardians and the Green Lanterns created, and managed to kill Gretti and steal his ring, adding Gretti's power to his own. However, Larfleeze quickly realized that Hal Jordan had a Blue Lantern Ring that he could not drain. Intrigued, Agent Orange dragged Hal underground and demanded that he surrender the ring.

Larfleeze touched the ring in his desire for it, and is forced back by the power of the blue light (the ring itself claiming that "hope is selfless"). This enrages Larfleeze, who bargains with Jordan over it, telling the history of how he got the Orange Lantern Power Battery. Though Jordan agrees to give the ring to Larfleeze, he finds he is unable to remove it. Not finding this to be an acceptable answer, Larfleeze creates an axe from the orange light and removes Jordan's hand by force. No longer attached to Jordan, the blue power ring welcomes Larfleeze to the Blue Lantern Corps.

For a moment the constant hunger he feels is pacified, but the relief is temporary as the reader is shown at the beginning of the following issue that Jordan's blue ring created an illusion to deceive him. Sensing Larfleeze's hope for relief, it made him believe he gained the blue ring he desired when in actuality he had never cut off Jordan's hand at all. Jordan returns to battle Larfleeze with the Green Lantern Corps. During the battle, Jordan is possessed by the overwhelming orange power of avarice after briefly seizing Larfleeze's power battery, assuming that by stealing it, Larfleeze would no longer be able to power his army of constructs. Unfortunately, it's explained that Larfleeze has been in contact with the orange battery for so long that it's as much a part of him as the main power battery in Oa is a part of the Guardians.

Jordan is able to subdue Larfleeze by finally gaining control over his blue power ring. The Guardians realize that if they take the battery from Larfleeze, someone else would inevitably find it, becoming a new Agent Orange. Preferring to know where Agent Orange was, they decide to negotiate with Larfleeze once more. The details of the negotiation aren't fully revealed to the reader, however it is shown that Larfleeze asked the Guardians where he could find a blue power ring. The conflict ends with Larfleeze launching an assault on the Blue Lantern Corps, sending a group of his Orange Lantern constructs to Odym. Though Larfleeze remains on Okaara (observing the progress of the conflict through his power battery), he sends a construct of himself to accompany his Orange Lanterns.

As the battle rages on in Odym, however, a swarm of Black Lantern Rings fly into his palace and latch into the corpses of all the victims he had accrued over the years. While at first he is overjoyed at the concept of a new ring he could hold, he soon became horrified at the power of the Black Lanterns, and tried unsuccessfully to destroy them until Atrocitus of the Red Lantern Corps managed to reach him, demanding he surrender the Orange Lantern Power Battery. Larfleeze is saved by the intervention of Saint Walker, Hal Jordan, Carol Ferris, Indigo-1, and Sinestro, who convince both of them to join to face the Black Lanterns. Larfleeze greedily demands the group for his cooperation if they give him what he wants, such as his own Guardian in which Sayd promises that when the battle is done, she will become one for him, despite the objections of her fellow Guardian Ganthet; and a planet-sized buffet, all for him, to placate his intense hunger. His demands greatly annoy Atrocitus and Sinestro, in which the former wants to kill him and that the latter approves as Larfleeze's ring will go to another bearer which they could find and locate its owner. However, Indigo-1 defends Larfleeze, stating that he is not inherently evil and that his hunger is merely a side effect of the orange light. Saint Walker approaches Larfleeze, telling him that his attack on Odym is forgiven and that as long as Saint Walker is near, the blue ring will keep Larfleeze's hunger at bay. Larfleeze finally relinquishes and accompanies the group to Ryut and Earth in a failed attempt to destroy the Black Lantern Central Power Battery. During the assault, he attempted to consume the Black Lantern Guardian Scar as his own, but she managed to gain the upper hand, which forced the other members of the group to destroy her. After the mastermind behind the Blackest Night, Nekron turns all the resurrected heroes into Black Lanterns, Ganthet initializes a program in Hal's ring which duplicates the ring and welcomes Ganthet into the Green Lantern Corps. His last act as Guardian was to initialize the same program in the rings of the other Lanterns. Larfleeze's ring duplicated and went to Lex Luthor, who was consumed by the power of the orange light and started attacking the Lanterns, demanding their rings, but Larfleeze doesn't want to share the power and attacks Luthor. After defeating Luthor for control of the Orange Lanterns he handed him over and received his Guardian as promised.

Larfleeze later finds and assaults Lex Luthor, asking him what humans value most, to which Lex responds that the most valuable possession is land. Larfleeze is shown to have taken up residence in a small, upper midwestern town. He sends his Orange Lanterns into town to steal things for him. When Hal Jordan confronts him and tells him to leave the town alone, Larfleeze tells him that he won't need to ransack the town anymore because he has learned of the legend of Santa Claus. Larfleeze intends to make lists of all the things he wants and send them to Santa Claus. When Hal tries to explain to Larfleeze that Santa Claus isn't real, Larfleeze comments that the mountain of stuff, that he has stolen, is evidence to the contrary. Frustrated, Hal reveals that he has come to Larfleeze to find out how he was able to trap the orange entity in his lantern, so that they can trap the other entities to keep them out of the hands of the one trying to collect them. Before Larfleeze can tell him Hector Hammond arrives. After struggling with Larfleeze and Hal for the battery, Hammond ends up swallowing it. This frees Ophidian and the entity of avarice takes Hammond as its host. Larfleeze shows a great deal of concern at Ophidian's freedom, particularly because it seems that Ophidian doesn't like him very much. The battle with Ophidian doesn't go very well for Hal or Larfleeze. While fleeing Ophidian, Larfleeze admits that he wasn't entirely honest about his ownership of the orange lantern and that he and Ophidian have a rather antagonistic relationship; however, he is quick to blame Ophidian for starting whatever it was that came between them. Ophidian states that Larfleeze was the only being in the universe capable of resisting his temptations, thereby allowing Larfleeze to subdue him and become Agent Orange--and that now it's Larfleeze's turn to be subdued and used by Ophidian. Ophidian then attempts to devour Larfleeze, but this is prevented by Hal. After that the desires of Hector Hammond begin to override those of Ophidian and he leaves to search for his ultimate desire, Carol Ferris.

Hal has to get to Las Vegas to save Carol, and Larfleeze (who is in a state of near hysteria, telling Hal that he can't live without his lantern) demands to come. Once there Larfleeze seems to forget entirely about Ophidian and his lost lantern (which appears to have had no effect on his ability to spawn orange lanterns) and instead revels in the rich culture of Las Vegas. He is stopped by the Predator, who forces him to experience the sadness of his empty heart, briefly causing him to think of his family. He is later taken to Zamaron by the Star Sapphires along with Hal, Carol, The Predator, and Abraham Pointe (the man possessed by the Predator). Larfleeze is present when Carol is named the new Queen of the Star Sapphires, and states that he wants to be queen. While watching over Pointe, Larfleeze is shaken to discover that Pointe knows of his past through the Predator--that he was taken from his family, and that "Larfleeze" isn't his real name. Larfleeze almost kills Pointe to keep him from speaking his name, before returning to Earth with the others to meet a young woman who has been possessed by the hope entity, Adara. Adara reveals to a shocked Larfleeze that his parents are still alive, and that they miss him.

On Christmas Day, Larfleeze is outraged to discover that Santa Claus hasn't brought him anything that he asked for. He attacks every costumed Santa in the nearby town, and tries to melt the North Pole, only to be stopped by Hal Jordan. Jordan tells Larfleeze of Christmas spirit, and how it comes from giving. On Hal's suggestion, Larfleeze gives away every item in his mountain of possessions, but afterwards declares that he doesn't like Christmas spirit. Jordan then suggests that he look over his Christmas list and see if he actually needed anything there. That night, Larfleeze stares at a part of his list, on which he had written "my family".

Characterization: Larfleeze is greed incarnate and due to his isolation, his knowledge of the workings of the universe and dealing with other creatures can create…interesting situations for him.

Friends and Foes: Agent Orange has several enemies but he really thinks everyone is out to get what is his so he trusts no one

Clean Up 2/24/13: Moved Larfleeze up to PL14 and made some minor tweaks to his build.

Here are his Orange Lantern Minions:
This power is mine, this is my light.
Be it in bright of day or black of night.
I lay claim to all that falls within my sight, to take what I want, THAT IS MY RIGHT!

ORANGE LANTERN CORPS

PL: 10 (195 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA --, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+6), Deception (-2), Intimidation (-2), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+0)

ADVANTAGES: Improved Disarm

POWERS:
Orange Lantern Avatar: Protection 12, Immunity 75 (Fortitude Effects, Will Effects, Green, Red and Yellow Power Ring Effects); 87 pts
Victim of Greed: 30 pts in racial traits, Skills and Advantages; 30 pts
Link to Larfleeze: Senses 1 (Communication Link [Mental, Larfleeze]); 1 pt
Ring Flight: Flight 13 (16,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]); 34 pts
Orange Hunger: Nullify 12 (Green, Red, Yellow Power Ring Effects, Flaw: Range [Close]); 12 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +6; Power Ring Nullify +12]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +12, Fortitude Immune, Will Immune

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To serve Larfleeze and the Orange Light of Avarice
Vulnerable: Since avarice cannot consume hope or cannot affect true love, Orange Lanterns are vulnerable against Blue and Star Sapphire Power effects

Abilities 14 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 172 + Defenses 8 = 195 / 195

Comments: Larfleeze's minions. And here's some mass combat stats:

ORANGE LANTERN CORPS MASS COMBAT:

BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 19, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 18, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 17, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 11, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 16, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 10, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 9, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 8, DAMAGE 8, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 6, DAMAGE 6, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 11, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:06 pm

RED LIGHT SPECIAL IMPORT on Aisle 1! And it's a J-Mart Favorite item.

Sometimes amid the cacophony of rage comes a voice. A scream. It's the scream of the victim. Of the hurt. Of the worthy. - Atrocitus

RED LANTERN (ATROCITUS)

PL: 14 (253 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+15), Deception (+5), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 8 (+10), Expertise [Magic] 8 (+10) [Ritualist], Insight (+3), Intimidation 11 (+16), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+5), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 8 (+10), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (3), Last Stand*, Leadership, Ritualist

POWERS:
Claws: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Split); 4 pts
Iron Stomach: Feature 1 (Iron Stomach); 1 pt
Red Lantern Power Ring: 135 pts traits, Removable (-27 pts); 108 pts
Attention Red Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Red Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Red Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Fortitude [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 31 pts
Heartless: Feature 1 (Heart and other vital organs not critical to survival), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 3 pts
Mind of Rage: Immunity 10 (Mental Effects, Flaw: Limited [half-effect]); 5 pts
Power of Rage: Senses 4 (Detect Rage [Mental; Ranged, Acute, Extended], Feature 3 (All power rings except Blue Rings lose charge faster when defending against Red Power Ring effects); 7 pts
Red Light of Rage: 36 pt Array; 39 pts
Burning Blood: Acid Damage 11 (Extras: Reach 3 [15 ft], Duration [Sustained, extinguished by a cessation of rage or the Blue Light of Hope]); 36 pts
Fires of Rage: Ranged Fire Damage 18; 1 pt
Rage Constructs: Create 18 (Hard Light Constructs); 1 pt
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection, Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +10; Claws +13, Critical 19-20; Burning Blood +11]
Ranged Attack +2
Power Ring +10 [Fires of Rage +18; Rage Constructs +18]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10 (+17 with Force Field, +7 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +18, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Green Lantern Corps, but mainly the Guardians of the Universe as well as the Manhunters.
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning when its power runs low.
Servant of Rage: Red Lanterns cannot remove their ring without risking death. Unlike his fellow Red Lanterns, Atrocitus seems immune to the ring’s tendency to inspire mindless rage in its bearer. The light of a Blue Lantern ring can help counteract these effects, not that Atrocitus seems to care.
Weakness: Red Lantern Corps power rings depend on the ability of the wielders to feel rage. The maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the user’s Fortitude Rank to reflect the being’s capacity for raw fury. Calming thoughts and hopeful feelings, such as those inspired by the Blue Lanterns, can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 88 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 113 + Defenses 23 = 253 / 253

Build Comments: Another of Geoff Johns’ genius creations for the GL-verse, Atrocitus, the leader of the Red Lantern Corps. He’s another example of a character that could be one note, but Johns made him more than that, giving a real reason for his boundless rage as well as showing that he is not beyond redemption. But for now in the Thorpacoverse, he and his Corps are tear-assin’ across the universe dispensing their own justice.

And in main DC continuity, they’ve even got their own book now (which I have to figure out how to afford…), which is amazing in and of itself really. Who would have thought a bunch of acidic blood puking aliens (and a cat) would make for such riveting reading?

Secret Origins: The being known as Atrocitus, whose real name is Atros) was born on planet Ryut, and was a survivor of the infamous Massacre of Sector 666, during which the Manhunters wiped out the life in an entire space sector, including his wife and his daughter, except for five lifeforms. These five became the terrorists known as the Five Inversions, led by Atrocitus, and sought revenge against the Guardians of the Universe and gained powers through dark magics. Over time, they would build themselves a strong following of worshipers and become known as the Empire of Tears. When the Guardians decided to rid the universe of magic to make way for order, the Empire crumbled and the Five Inversions were imprisoned and crucified on the planet Ysmault to serve out a long sentence for the crimes they had committed. However, the demons were still far from powerless. Through rituals and sacrifices, they discovered a black power so dark it was beyond the power of the Guardians' light. This power would emanate from William Hand and lead to the Blackest Night.

The Story so Far: After the Sinestro Corps War years later, Atrocitus came to realize a new source of power that would grant not just an escape from Ysmault but his revenge, as well. Qull's blood would pay for it, because it was his manipulations of Abin Sur that led to the Five Inversions being left to rot on Ysmault rather than being transferred to Sciencells as was originally planned by the Guardians. Atrocitus bludgeoned Qull with a red lantern, christening it in blood and awakening the power of the Red Light of Rage.

Since then, the Red Light of Rage has shown throughout the universe, with Atrocitus leading the Red Lantern Corps.

Characterization: Atrocitus began as a brutish monster, but one with great love for his family and people. Then with the destruction the Manhunters brought to his planet of Ryut he became an enraged beast hell bent on vengeance. As the Leader of the Red Lantern Corps, he is still filled with feelings of vengeance and anger still but he has become more calculating and contemplative then his brutish former self. He now wants to bring justice and order to the universe through the power of rage and woe be until those that get in the way of him and his Corps.

Friends and Foes: Atrocitus has the loyalty of most of his Corps, but Bleez and a few others that have been given their intelligence back have chafed under his leadership at times. He has a great hatred for the Guardians of the Universe, along with Sinestro and his Corps, but he has worked with the other Corps, albeit reluctantly, during events like the Blackest Night where it was necessary for their survival.

Clean Up 2/24/13: Atrocitus goes to PL14.

Clean Up 8/19/13: Took Atrocitus back to PL13 for the Superior Thorpacoverse. Not happy with his background, I'll work on it when I'm more creative. I just wanted him ready for a test idea I have. My PL14 version remains for comparison.
RED LANTERN (ATROCITUS)[/color]
PL: 14 (250 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+15), Deception (+5), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 7 (+9), Expertise [Magic] 7 (+9) [Ritualist], Insight (+3), Intimidation 11 (+16), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+5), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 8 (+10), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (5), Last Stand*, Leadership, Power Attack, Ritualist, Withstand Damage* (1)

POWERS:
Claws: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 3; 3 pts
Iron Stomach: Feature 1 (Iron Stomach); 1 pt
Red Lantern Power Ring: 133 pts traits, Removable (-27 pts); 106 pts
Attention Red Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Red Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Red Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light); 2 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Write, All Languages); 8 pts
[Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3); 36 pts
Force Field: Protection 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 28 pts
Heartless: Feature 1 (Heart and other vital organs not critical to survival), Regeneration 1 (1/every 5 rounds); 2 pts
Mind of Rage: Immunity 10 (Mental Effects, Flaw: Limited [half-effect]); 5 pts
Power of Rage: Senses 4 (Detect Rage [Mental; Ranged, Acute, Extended], Feature 3 (all power rings except Blue Rings lose charge faster when defending against Red Power Ring effects); 7 pts
Red Light of Rage: 39 pt array; 42 pts
Burning Blood: Acid Damage 12 (Extras: Reach 3 [15 ft], Duration [Sustained, extinguished by a cessation of rage or the Blue Light of Hope]); 39 pts
b]Fires of Rage:[/b] Ranged Damage 18; 1 pt
Rage Constructs: Create 18; 1 pt
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Anywhere, Radio, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +10; Claws +13, Burning Blood +12]
Ranged Attack +2
Power Ring +10 [Fires of Rage +18; Rage Constructs +18]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10 (+16 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +18, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Green Lantern Corps, but mainly the Guardians of the Universe as well as the Manhunters
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning when its power runs low
Servant of Rage: Red Lanterns cannot remove their ring without risking death. Unlike his fellow Red Lanterns, Atrocitus seems immune to the ring’s tendency to inspire mindless rage in its bearer. The light of a Blue Lantern ring can help counteract these effects, not that Atrocitus seems to care
Weakness: Red Lantern Corps power rings depend on the ability of the wielders to feel rage. The maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the user’s Fortitude Rank to reflect the being’s capacity for raw fury. Calming thoughts and hopeful feelings, such as those inspired by the Blue Lanterns, can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 84 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 110 + Defenses 24 = 250 / 250
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:14 pm

A TEAM WRECKER SPECIAL IMPORT hits the Aisle 2 shelves.

No living Thing dares ignore my Call. For I am that which has always been, since this Universe was birthed from the Ashes of the Last. I am the Hunger that dooms Worlds. I am he who is beyond such frail Concepts as good and evil. I am Galactus. - Galactus

GALACTUS
PL: 20 (689 pts) - OPL: 20 ; DPL: 20

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 23, STAMINA 20, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 15, AWARENESS 15, PRESENCE 15

SKILLS: Athletics (+23), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+15), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 15 (+30), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 10 (+25), Insight 8 (+23), Intimidation 5 (+20/+28), Investigation 2 (+17) [Well-Informed], Perception (+15), Persuasion (+15), Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 10 (+12), Stealth (+0/-16), Technology 15 (+30) [Inventor], Vehicles 9 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (23), Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Inventor, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Comprehendable Cosmic Entity Size: Growth 16 (+16 Str, +16 Sta, -8 Dodge/Parry, -16 Stealth, +8 Intimidation, Speed +2, +16 Mass, Extra: Innate, Permanent), Extra: Reach 4 (20 ft; to Unarmed Damage); 37 pts
Immortality: Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds, Extra: Persistent); 18 pts
Cosmic Awareness: Comprehend Languages 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in all languages), Senses 4 (Cosmic Awareness [Mental, Extended 4]); 13 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 15 (Extra: Effortless), Communication 5 (Anywhere, Mental), Immunity 10 (Mental Effects, Flaw: Limited [Half effect]); 70 pts
Cosmic Flight: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Movement 3 (Space Travel 3 [Any star system]); 36 pts
Galactus Armor: 21 pts traits, Removable (-4 pts); 17 pts
Body Armor: Impervious 10; 20 pts
Cosmic Energy Regulation: Feature 1 (Maintains Comprehendible form); 1 pt

Force Fields: Enhanced Dodge 8 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 8, (Flaw: Sustained), Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 5 (Flaw: Sustained); 36 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: 100 pt array; 104 pts
Cosmic Wave: Cone Area Cosmic Energy Damage 20 (Extra: Cone Area 3 [250 ft], Selective); 100 pts
Cosmic Burst: Burst Area Cosmic Energy Damage 20 (Extra: Burst Area 3 [120 ft], Selective); 1 pt
Cosmic Blast: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 28 (Extra: Extended Range 16 [1600 miles/3200 miles/6000 miles], Split); 1 pt

Power Cosmic: 140 pt array, 141 pts
Behold, the Power Cosmic!: Variable 20 (100 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move Action], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 140 pts
Power Cosmic Bestowal: Summon 20 (300 pt Empowered Version Minion, Extra: General Type, Flaw: Limited to Available Subjects); 1 pt [/1]

EQUIPMENT:
(115 pts)
Vehicle: (115 pts)
Size - A, Strength - 24, Flight - 20, Def - 0, Tough - 25; Features - Communications, Computer, Defense System, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Living Space, Power System, Security System 3, Movement 3 (Space Travel 3), Senses 39 (Detect Energy 20 [ranged, Extended 18], Detect Spheres Capable Of Supporting Life [Ranged, Extended 19]); 115 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +23]
Ranged Attack +2
Cosmic Energy Control +12 [Cosmic Energy Blast +28]
Special Attack [Cosmic Energy Burst +20, Burst Area; Cosmic Energy Wave +20, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge 0 (+8 with Force Field) [DC10/18] Parry +2 (+10 with Force Field) [DC12/20]
Toughness +20 (+10 Impervious, +30 with Force Field, +15 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +22, Will +18

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: His near infinite power and immortality can cause him to underestimate his opponents
Plot Device: He’s Galactus. Every now and then, the constraints of the system just don’t apply to him
Weakness: Galactus requires energies obtainable only from a certain type of planet in order to sustain his life. The suitable type of planet need not to be one where life is present, but it must have the potential to support life. The longer he goes without feeding the more his strength, power, and cosmic awareness wane. His powers will decrease substantially after 1 month without feeding, and if he goes long enough without sustenance it could potentially prove fatal for him

Abilities 136 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 473 + Defenses 13 = 689 / 689

Build Comments: Since I HAD to make a build with more points than Larfleeze, here is the Galactus of the Thorpacoverse. At PL19, he is conceivably beatable by the Justice League or Lanterns Corps, but it’s not bloody likely unless he is weak from not feeding. With +30 Toughness and a +19 Cone Area blast, it will take a massive amount of luck for him to be challenged by my at VERY best PL14 heroes. Now my upcoming PL16-ish Odin or Zeus might have a shot, or even the DCA Darkseid, but I doubt it.

Still, it's a far from perfect build and I plan on taking another run at him later on. I liked BARON'S idea of allowing him to do a lot, just not anytime he wants, so I made his Variable Power unreliable so he couldn't use it every round and if he's a in a real scrap, he can use Extra Effort to keep going. I also totally swiped IK's build of his Worldship, since it is long known that I HATE building vehicles and headquarters.

I would kind of like to see just how much damage he could do a large contingent of heroes, but I need to do some smaller tests first to make it a decent fight.

Secret Origins: Galactus is the sole survivor of the universe that existed prior to the current universe. Originally Galactus was a humanoid named Galan, who was born on the planet Taa, a paradise-like world whose civilization is said to have been the most advanced of any of the known universe of that time. However, this universe was in its final stages of collapse. This universe expanded in size for billions of years, and then contracted, undergoing a "crunch" over the following billions of years. All of the matter of that universe was plunging towards a central point, where it was collapsing into a new "Cosmic Egg."

Taa's civilization was one of the last still in existence. Lethal radiation caused by the "Big Crunch" this universe was experiencing was wiping out all life across the universe. Galan, a space explorer, was dispatched to travel through the cosmos to find a means of saving Taa, but he found none. The radiation eventually killed off all but a tiny fraction of the population of Taa. Knowing their deaths were inevitable, Galan proposed to the remaining survivors that they die gloriously by piloting one of their starships directly into the heart of the "Cosmic Egg." As the starship containing Galan and his fellow survivors approached the focal point of the Big Crunch, the heat and radiation killed all the passengers except Galan, who strangely found himself filled with new energy.

At the moment Galan's universe met its end, the Phoenix Force amassed the positive emotions of all living beings in the cosmos to preserve them from eternal damnation, enabling the Sentience of the Universe — the previous universe's equivalent to Eternity — to meet with Galan. Within the "Cosmic Egg" the Sentience of the Universe revealed itself to Galan and informed him that though they both would die in the final moments of the universe, they would both survive through a joint heir born into the next universe. The Sentience of the Universe merged itself with the mortal Galan and thus Galactus, the devourer of worlds, was conceived. Eventually the "Cosmic Egg" underwent another "Big Bang," thus creating the current universe. Eternity and Death, the ethereal embodiments of the new universe, were created in this "Big Bang," and the newborn Galactus was simultaneously hurled outward in his recreated starship.

The Story so Far: The nascent Galactus drifted in his starship for eons as life began to come into existence in the universe. Galactus was now a being with power beyond comprehension and would eventually be forced to consume entire worlds to satiate his hunger for life-sustaining energy. The nascent Galactus employed his vastly limitless strength and power and created a suit of armor to help him regulate his raging internal energies. He then transformed the starship of Galan into a kind of incubation chamber, where Galactus spent thousands upon thousands of years evolving into his current form. Finally, the incubation ship drifted into orbit around the inhabited planet Archeopia. Realizing his uncontrollable hunger for energy, he immediately consumed the life energies of the Archeopia, leaving only a few survivors that escaped in their starships.

Over the following millennia Galactus constructed for himself an immense home, the world-ship he calls Taa II, which engulfs the Archeopian solar system as a tribute to both his homeworld and to Archeopia, that first planet he ever consumed. For several billion years Galactus consumed only planets uninhabited by sentient lifeforms at the behest of the Guardians of the Universe, Archeopia being the only exception, and centuries passed between his "feedings". However, as ages passed, the intervals between feedings decreased considerably in length, and Galactus found himself needing to consume worlds inhabited by sentient races if he could find no other worlds possessing the energy he needs in time to sustain himself. Galactus brokered deals with Guardians on which planets he can and cannot consume and succeeded in suppressing his sympathy for intelligent beings who are similar in nature to the entity from which he was birthed. He, and The Guardians, realized himself to be a higher kind of being due to his intrinsic role in the natural order, is willing to destroy their lives to continue his own. Moreover, they are aware that he is meant to one day give back to the universe infinitely more than he has ever taken from it.

At one point Galactus threatened to destroy the planet Zenn-La, home of a civilized, humanoid race. One of that world's inhabitants, Norrin Radd, persuaded Galactus to spare the planet by volunteering to become his "herald" and search out uninhabited worlds for him to consume. Galactus agreed, and transformed Norrin Radd into the Silver Surfer.

Eventually, however, Galactus grew determined to consume the energy-rich planet Earth. The Surfer rebelled as a result and Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four thwarted Galactus by threatening to use an alien device called the Ultimate Nullifier on him, a weapon that could lay waste to the universe and kill even Galactus. Galactus was forced to vow to spare Earth in exchange for the Nullifier's return, and he punished the Surfer for his betrayal by erecting an undetectable energy barrier that prevented the Surfer from leaving Earth. Eventually freeing himself from his pledge to Richards, Galactus returned several times to Earth to consume it, but was always narrowly thwarted by Richards or Earth’s others heroes. Meanwhile, he consumed numerous inhabited worlds throughout the known universe to sate his hunger, and was feared as a menace to all known star faring races. Galactus also took on a succession of new heralds.

During Annihilus' ambition of "conquering" the universe, Galactus was vengefully attacked by the freed surviving Proemial Gods, "Tenebrous, of The Darkness Between" and "Aegis, Lady of All Sorrows", leaving him badly weakened and was, along with the Silver Surfer, captured by Thanos, who was responsible for bargaining the gods into fighting the World Devourer. Galactus and the Surfer were brought to Annihilus and were experimented upon as weapons in Annihilus' war. Galactus was used as a sort of cosmic weapon, capable of destroying whole planets, and his and the Surfer's cosmic power were fueled as potential weapons for the Annihilation Wave. Eventually Annihilus' overall plan was to use Galactus as a 'bomb' capable of destroying every life-form in the universe and thus fulfilling his desire of being the only being left. However, Annihilus' plan was foiled by the efforts of Moondragon, Drax and the Silver Surfer as they successfully freed Galactus. After teleporting Moondragon and Drax to safety, an enraged Galactus proceeded to unleash a massive, omnidirectional blast that later becomes known as the "Galactus Event." Silver Surfer is sent ahead of the blast by Galactus to herald the imminent destruction, as the unleashed "Galactus obliteration perimeter" wipes out the majority of the Annihilation Wave, more than three star systems and even vaporizes a Watcher. Galactus' action ultimately stopped the war and forced the remaining warring parties to form a truce.

Characterization: Galactus simply is and ever will be. He is beyond such concepts as good and evil. He hungers, he destroys, he moves on. He rarely becomes involved with other creatures except in dire cirumstances that effect the entire universe or when other lesser beings are crazy enough to involve him.

Friends and Foes: Galactus doesn’t socialize and doesn’t really have any enemies, except some of the older gods like Tenebrous and Aegis, but even they have worked together to defend the universe.

Clean Up 4/10/12: Big G gets an update.

Clean Up 2/25/13: Another update to Galactus. Can't believe I forgot flight...
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:22 pm

Check out this YE GODS SPECIAL item for Aisle 2!

I hate spunk, too. Probably explains my desire to whack every kid on every show on the Disney Channel...

ZEUS
PL: 17 (466 pts) - OPL: 17 ; DPL: 16

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 17, STAMINA 16, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 15, PRESENCE 12

SKILLS: Acrobatics (+2), Athletics (+17), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+15), Deception 12 (+24/+26) [Attractive], Expertise [Magic] 14 (+20), Expertise [Military] 14 (+20), Expertise [Mythology] 18 (+24), Insight 8 (+23), Intimidation 13 (+25) [Startle], Investigation 4 (+10) [Well-Informed], Perception 5 (+20), Persuasion 12 (+24/+26) [Attractive, Connected], Ranged Combat [Blast] 3 (+13), Sleight of Hand (+4), Stealth (+2), Technology (+6), Treatment (+6), Vehicles 5 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (10) (Status 5 – Ruler of Olympus, Wealth 5 [Equivalent Billionaire]), Chokehold, Combat Leader*, Connected, Extraordinary Effort, Favored Foe (Titans), Improved Critical (2) (Thunderbolts 2), Inspire (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Leadership, Lionheart*, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (6), Startle, Takedown (1), Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Toughness Check), Well-Informed, Withstand Damage* (2)

POWERS:
Olympian Physiology: Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Protection 3, Impervious 9, Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 25 pts
Immortality: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Immortality 1 (1 month); 13 pts
Olympian Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (50,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Sky Father Awareness: Comprehend Languages 3 (Speak, Understand, Read All Languages), Immunity 10 (Mental effects, Flaw: Limited [Half effect]), Senses 12 (Normal Vision [Penetrates Concealment, Counters Illusion], Cosmic Awareness [Mental], Detect Magic [Mental; Ranged, Acute, Analytical], Magic Awareness [Mental]); 23 pts
Might of Zeus: 126 pt array; 128 pts
King of the Olympians: Variable 18 (90 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move Action], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 126 pts
Power Bestowal: Variable 18 (90 pts traits, Extra: Affects Others Only, Ranged, Flaw: Slow); 1 pt
Thunderbolts: Ranged Damage 20 (Extra: Multiattack, Homing 2); 1 pt
Rain of Thunderbolts: Ranged Burst Area Damage 17 (Extra: Area Burst 3 [120 ft], Selective, Indirect 3); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +13
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +17]
Ranged Attack +10
Thunderbolts +14 [Thunderbolts +20, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Rain of Thunderbolts +17, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +19 (Impervious +9), Fortitude +16, Will +16

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Hades, Typhon, The Titans, Nekron, Thanos, Darkseid
Playa of all Playas: Zeus has had countless affairs with women throughout the millennia, much to the consternation of his wife Hera
Relationships: His wife, Hera, and to varying degrees, all of his many, many, MANY children
Responsibility: To rule and protect Olympus
Rivalry: Odin
Temper: Zeus is well known for his legendary rages

Abilities 170 + Skills 55 (110 ranks) + Advantages 35 + Powers 196 + Defenses 10 = 466 / 466

Comments: And now we have Herc and Diana’s (maybe, I’m still iffy on that) daddy in the Thorpacoverse, the mighty Zeus. At a full PL16 on offense and defense, he's a monster and a half that could certainly beat down my Hulk build, much as he recently did in the Marvel U.

I really wanted to find the quote that he had in the Mighty Hercules last year where he was on trial for his life by Hades and Herc was trying to defend him. Basically Zeus told Herc to step aside and pretty much told Hades and everyone in Hell that they may not like him but they need him because someone has to make the tough choices and he's the only one with the testicular fortitude to do so and if they didn't like it, they could bite him. I'm paraphrasing just a little bit, but that was basically it. Epic badassdom.

Clean Up 8/30/12: Moved the mighty Zeus up to PL17 to be in line with the DCA power scale.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Another YE GODS SPECIAL is getting stocked on Aisle 2! And it's my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather!

I had a feeling we'd meet again. The witness. You, Watcher. All these eons staring and watching everything. So sanctimonious in your silence and your judgment. Have you come then at last to witness my greatest failure? Skadi awakens -- I fear the final prophesy is at hand, and there you stand, like a titanic, mute baby too dumb to be of use. Who are you to judge the All-Father? Am I to tremble at your appearance? Have you come to witness the breaking of worlds, then, in your morbid and cruel curiosity? Well? Well?!? Are you here to see a god die? - Odin

ODIN
PL: 17 (482 pts) - OPL: 17 ; DPL: 16

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 16, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 9, AWARENESS 16, PRESENCE 10

SKILLS: Acrobatics (+2), Athletics (+16), Close Combat [Spear] 1 (+13), Deception 10 (+20), Expertise [Magic] 11 (+20) [Artificer, Ritualist], Expertise [Military] 8 (+17), Expertise [Mythology] 11 (+20), Insight 9 (+25), Intimidation 12 (+22) [Startle], Investigation 3 (+12) [Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+22), Persuasion 10 (+20) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Odinforce] 3 (+14), Sleight of Hand (+3), Stealth (+2), Technology (+9), Treatment (+9), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Artificer, Benefit (10) (Status 5 – Ruler of Asgard, Wealth 5 [Equivalent Billionaire]), Combat Leader*, Connected, Eidetic Memory, Extraordinary Effort, Favored Foe (Fire Giants), Favored Foe (Frost Giants), Improved Critical (1) (Spear), Inspire (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Leadership, Lionheart*, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (8), Ritualist, Second Chance (2) (Toughness Checks against Magical Damage, Toughness Checks against Physical Damage), Seize Initiative, Startle, Takedown (1), Well-Informed, Withstand Damage* (1)

POWERS:
Asgardian Physiology: Protection 2, Impervious 5, Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended 2], Normal Hearing [Extended 2]), Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 20 pts
Immortality: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Immortality 1 (1 month); 13 pts
Asgardian Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (100,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
All Father Awareness: Enhanced Awareness 4, Comprehend Languages 3 (Speak, Understand, Read All Languages), Immunity 10 (Mental effects, Flaw: Limited [Half effect]), Senses 12 (Normal Vision [Penetrates Concealment, Counters Illusion], Cosmic Awareness [Mental], Detect Magic [Mental; Ranged, Acute, Analytical], Magic Awareness [Mental]); 31 pts
Asgardian Armor: 12 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 10 pts
Asgardian Plate: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 5; 12 pts
Gungnir: 27 pts traits, Easily Removable (-10 pts), Extra: Indestructible; 17 pts
Thrown Spear: Piercing Strength-based Ranged Damage 3, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical [Spear]), (Extra: Penetrating 10, Accurate, Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing 6); 26 pts
Spear Thrust: Piercing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical [Spear]), (Extra: Penetrating 10, Affects Insubstantial 2); 1 pt[/1]
The Odinforce: 133 pt array; 135 pts
Odinforce: Variable 19 (95 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move Action], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 133 pts
Boon from Odin: Variable 19 (95 pts traits, Extra: Affects Others Only, Ranged, Flaw: Slow); 1 pt
Odinforce Blast: Ranged Damage 20 (Extra: Multiattack); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +16]
Gungnir +13 [Gungnir +19, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +11
Thrown Gungnir +13 [Gungnir +19, Critical 18-20]
Odinforce +14 [Odinforce +20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +20 (+10 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +16

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Due to the sacrifice of one of his eyes, he is vulnerable with perception checks to his left side as well as suffering from depth perception issues that impose the Diminished Range flaw on all his ranged attacks
Enemy: Ymir, Surtur, Nekron, Thanos, Darkseid
Relationships: His wife, Frigga, and sons Thor and Loki
Responsibility: To rule and protect Asgard and the Nine Realms
Rivalry: Zeus
Weakness: Approximately once a year, Odin must recharge the Odinforce by entering the Odinsleep and is left prone and defenseless during that time. The duration of the Odinsleep varies from time to time; sometimes it's a single night while other occasions are for more than a week

Abilities 160 + Skills 44 (88 ranks) + Advantages 39 + Powers 231 + Defenses 8 = 482 / 482

Comments: Thor’s daddy in all his bad ass glory. The Odin of Earth-217 comes in at a beatable (barely) PL16, as my Zeus did to be even with my Thanos and the DCA Darkseid, because I wanted them all the be pretty much equal. I think any of them have a slim shot at Galactus but it ain't bloody likely and Thor or Superman would have to work pretty dang hard to take them down.

Clean Up 8/30/12: Bumped Odin up a PL since I did the same to Thor.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:50 pm

Our last GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL of the night is a new version of an old J-Mart Favorite and as such, he gets the honor of being BUILD #400!

Hahahahahahaha! Jordan...I AM better than you. And you already know that. - Sinestro

GREEN LANTERN (SINESTRO)

PL: 14 (262 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 6

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10), Deception 5 (+11), Expertise [Green Lantern Lore] 10 (+13), Expertise [Law Enforcement] 7 (+10), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 9 (+15) [Skill Mastery, Startle], Investigation 8 (+11), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion (+6), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 8 (+11), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Status – Leader of The Sinestro Corps), Defensive Roll (2), Favored Foe (Green Lanterns), Favored Foe (Sinesto Corps), Fearless, Inspire (1), Skill Mastery (1) (Intimidation), Startle, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will)

POWERS:
Qwardian Power Ring Override: Immunity 5 (Yellow Power Ring Effects); 5 pts
Green Lantern Power Ring: 151 pts traits, Removable (-30 pts); 121 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3), Feature 1 (Use Will to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 34 pts
Force Manipulation: 37 pt Dynamic Array; 57 pts
Force Barrage: Shapeable Area Move Object 9 (Extra: Dynamic, Shapeable Area 2 [60 ft]); 37 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Damage 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Rapid Fire Blast: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Dynamic, Multiattack, Split); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 12 (Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Anywhere, Radio, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Create], Flaw: Affects others only), Create 12 (Force Spheres; Extra: Linked [Immunity], Flaw: Limited to simple spherical objects); 2 pts
Force Striking: Move Object 12 (Extra: Damaging, Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Deflection: Deflect 12 (Extra: Dynamic, Redirect); 2 pts
Force Weapons: Strength-based Damage 6, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Power Attack), (Extra: Accurate, Dynamic, Reach [5 ft], Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing]); 2 pts
Force Minions: Summon 4 (60 pt minions; Extra: Dynamic, Multiple Minions 2 [4 minions], Variable Type 2 [Broad, Hard Light Constructs]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2]
Ring Weapons +12 [Ring Weapons +8]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +11 [Force Blast +17; Rapid Fire Blast +11, Multiattack];Force Constructs +17; Force Lifting Move Objects +17; Force Striking +11]
Special Attack [Force Lifting Mastery +9, Area Shapeable]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +4 (+14 with Force Field, +7 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +17 (Ultimate Will)

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Sinestro believes he is the greatest Green Lantern and actually the greatest ring bearer of any kind in the universe and his overconfidence can put him in precarious situations
Enemy: Several Green Lantern Corpsmen, The Sinestro Corps, Atrocitus, the people of Korugar
Obsession: Sinestro is obsessed with his particular idea of order, and the enforcement of that order, throughout the cosmos
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning when its power runs low
Relationships: In an odd way, he does love his daughter, Soranik Natu and is protective of her
Rivalry: Hal Jordan, Abin Sur

Abilities 64 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 126 + Defenses 31 = 262 / 262

Comments: I don’t know how long it will last, but as long as it lasts, I am going to be loving Sinestro as a Green Lantern. He’s been so awesome in the first couple of issues of the new Green Lantern series, I almost hope he makes more of a face turn and stays in the Corps for the long run, as opposed to just until they figure out how to get that ring off. He's too great of a villain to stay anti-heroic for long, but I can dream...

He has shown far more mastery of the ring than anyone, especially Hal, so I went all out on his Force Manipulation array. He even created a ring for Hal to use to assist him in taking down his old Corps since they enslaved Korugar against his orders. It functions just like a regular GL ring, except for the fact that he can turn it on and off as he pleases with a thought. And in GL #2, he basically kept the Coast City bridge from falling and saved about 50 civilians all at once just to show Jordan he could and it was AWESOME. Granted, that’s bit beyond what I did here, but his array is vastly more varied than any of the GLs I will put together because Sinestro rules.

And another snippet to prove how damn good he is with the ring. I love it when he reminds Hal who taught him. :)

Secret Origins: Thaal Sinestro, originally an anthropologist from the planet Korugar, had a natural affinity for order as displayed by his meticulous reconstructions of ancient ruins. It was at one of these reconstructions that a wounded Green Lantern, Prohl Gosgotha, crash landed. He gave his ring to Sinestro who barely defeated the lantern's pursuer, a Weaponer of Qward , at the cost of the very ruins he had restored. When Gosgotha requested his ring back after the battle so that it might keep him alive Sinestro instead allowed him to die and took his place. The Guardians, unaware of his actions, allowed Sinestro to become the Green Lantern for sector 1417.

The Story so Far: At his height, he was considered to be the greatest of all the Green Lanterns, and Sector 1417 was almost entirely devoid of crime and lawlessness under his vigilant protection. His prowess was so great that he was assigned as a mentor to a number of rookie lanterns showing similar promise...the greatest of which would be his last student, Hal Jordan. Ganthet had specifically requested that the two train together, and they quickly became great friends.

Throughout his time in the Corps, Abin Sur was Thaal Sinestro's best friend and trusted confidante, so much so that they considered each other to be brothers. He would eventually fall in love with and marry Arin Sur, his friend's sister, and the two would have a child together. Abin confided in Sinestro what he had learned of the Blackest Night, where a darkness would rise to destroy all life, something Sinestro dismissed as lies by the Five Inversions who told Abin the prophecy. Eventually Abin was killed by the monster known as Atrocitus. Sinestro would later bring Atrocitus to justice for Abin's murder with the help of Abin's successor, Hal Jordan. After Sinestro dropped him off at the prison world of Ysmault, Atrocitus taunted Sinestro with a prophecy of the chaos and deadly coup that would lead to Sinestro's fall from grace. However, Sinestro ignored him and leaves. However, as he became increasingly stressed with keeping his sector as perfect and as ordered as he needed it to be, Sinestro slowly became more unhinged and started employing more questionable tactics in his behavior. His actions were unwelcome by the Korugarans, and threats were made against his family. Arin recognized the danger posed by Sinestro's methods, and secretly gave their daughter away. Sinestro would be unable to find his daughter, and Arin soon died as a result of an attack against Sinestro.

On their first diplomatic assignment, Hal proved to be reckless and Sinestro believed that he was a waste of his time. Then upon returning to his home planet of Korugar, they were met with great opposition and Hal discovered that Sinestro forced his planet to worship him and that he had a very strict and unjust set of rules. After being gone so long, Korugar's citizens rebelled and Sinestro lost control. After a short battle, Hal knocked some sense into Sinestro and he realized that he must hide for the Guardians will punish both of them. After hiding in one of Earth's prisons with Hal Jordan, Oan manhunters brought him in to Oa and he was tried. After Hal testified against him, Sinestro swore revenge against Hal and the Corps right before he was banished to Qward in the Antimatter Universe. There, he met the Weaponers of Qward, who helped him forge a yellow power ring to counter the Green Lantern Corps. The Guardians had never erred in their judgment before, and he would later be considered one of their greatest mistakes.

After a confrontation with Jordan, Sinestro was captured and imprisoned within the Central Power Battery. After being converted into energy inside the Oan power battery, Sinestro waited for the opportune moment to strike back. In the battery, Sinestro also spoke with Parallax, which was the source of the yellow impurity in all Green Lantern rings. When Parallax gained control of Hal Jordan and turned him insane, Sinestro knew that his time was near. Eventually after defeating the entire Green Lantern Corps in his attempt to drain the power of the Oan power battery, it came down to Hal and the Guardians. In their stead, the Guardians released Sinestro to fight against Hal as the lesser of two evils, and even gave him a green power ring. Much verbal torture occurred on Sinestro's part and he even enraged Hal Jordan, the greatest Green Lantern ever, to have a bloodlust. A great battle went on and both sides had their attacks hit, but Hal was winning. Eventually it came down to a one-on-one without their rings and Sinestro did what was necessary to bring Jordan over the edge, he allowed him to snap his neck. After this, Hal gained the power of the battery, went on a rampage as Parallax, and is eventually defeated.

It turned out that Sinestro survived and he returned to torture Kyle Rayner at the same time that Parallax returned. He revealed himself to be the one behind all of Hal's torments and problems, but now he chose to take direct action. After soundly defeating Kyle Rayner in the JLA Watchtower, Green Arrow managed to fire one Green Lantern arrow from Hal's old ring. He was also beaten by Sinestro and his apparent new power over fear given to him by Parallax. This power coincided with his yellow power ring and it gave him a new charge that surpassed any Green Lantern's. Due to other circumstances, Hal Jordan returned to his old body and smashed Sinestro through a wall with a will-powered blast from his power ring. Soon they were in intense battle and Sinestro once again taunted him and tried to bring him over the edge while truly fighting to win instead of knowing that he will have his neck snapped later. In the midst of battle, Kyle Rayner returned and aided Hal in his war against Sinestro. To end the battle, Hal and Sinestro both swung at each other and their rings clashed. All focus was bent and altered until Hal smashed Sinestro's ring into pieces. As Sinestro instantly teleported back to the Antimatter Universe of Qward, he said, "Heh... Jordan... Welcome back."

The events of the Infinite Crisis brought about a restored Multiverse, and with it, the resurrection of the Anti-Monitor. With his help, Sinestro established his own Sinestro Corps, which served in direct opposition to the Green Lantern Corps, using yellow rings instead of green rings. Sinestro masterminded a massive attack plan against the Green Lantern Corps in an event that has come to be known as the Sinestro Corps War. Sinestro's motive behind instigating the war was to manipulate the Guardians into allowing the Green Lantern Corps members to use lethal force in combat - an ability that had always been restricted in the past. The Green Lanterns proved victorious over the Sinestro Corps and Hal Jordan faced Sinestro in physical combat on Earth with Kyle Rayner. Jordan and Rayner defeated Sinestro in hand-to-hand combat and placed him in a Sciencell back on Oa where he sat on Death Row.

He was liberated during his transfer to his execution on Korugar and after escaping Atrocitus and his Red Lantern Corps, Sinestro returned to Korugar to tell Soranik that he was her father and to warn her about the possible retaliation on her by Atrocitus. He played in a key role in the Blackest Night along with the other leaders of the Lantern Corps in, helping defeat Nekron . Later he worked with Kyle Rayner and the Green Lantern Corps in an effort to rescue Soranik Natu from a Qwardian who wanted vengeance on him that made Sinestro's original yellow ring.

When Sinestro and the other 'New Guardians' are trapped in the Book of the Black by Lyssa Drak while trying to recover the entities from Krona, Hal Jordan escapes with their rings. He later uses Sinestro's ring when Parallax is returned to the Central Power Battery, allowing Krona to control all Green Lanterns- Hal and others escaped only thanks to their prior experience with Parallax-, in order to give himself a weapon against the other Lanterns.

Later, Sinestro was freed by Kyle Rayner. He was then denied his yellow ring by Krona. As Hal Jordan fought Krona, Sinestro was granted a green ring for unknown reasons. He then helped turned the tide in Jordan's battle with Krona, leading to the latter's death. Following the battle, Hal Jordan was expelled from the Corps for killing Krona, but Sinestro was allowed to keep his ring and new position, with his fate still being determined by the Guardians in the Citadel, much to the outrage of all the other Green Lanterns.

It has since been revealed that the Guardians were responsible for Sinestro acquiring a Green Lantern ring in an attempt to undermine the Sinestro Corps as part of their future plans to destroy all seven Corps. During the conclusion of the Wrath of the First Lantern event, Sinestro becomes a member of the Sinestro Corps once again and after bonding with Parallax, he reactivates the yellow rings and releases all the Sinestro Corps members who were incarcerated on Oa.

Characterization: Sinestro is all about order. He can be cruel but his motivations are truly grounded in the fact that he thinks that the best way to keep the universe safe is through fear and order. Despite his questionable methods at times, he does have a sense of honor and he truly believes he is doing what is best for all life in the universe.

Friends and Foes: His greatest foe has been Hal Jordan but at times the two have worked together and deep down continue to have great respect for each other. He loves his daughter in his own way and keeps an eye out for her frequently.

Clean Up 2/24/13: Some minor tweaks to Sinestro.

Clean Up 11/16/13: Updated Sinestro for the Superior Thorpacoverse and I thought I would add a classic Sinestro with his Yellow Ring since he has finally gone back to that after an EPIC run as a Green Lantern again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hal Jordan: I wanted to ask...were we ever friends?
Sinestro: That's the tragedy of all this, Jordan. We'll always be friends.

SINESTRO
PL: 14 (263 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 6

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 5 (+11), Expertise [Green Lantern Lore] 10 (+13), Expertise [Law Enforcement] 7 (+10), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 9 (+15) [Skill Mastery, Startle], Investigation 8 (+11), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion (+6), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 8 (+11), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Status – Leader of The Sinestro Corps), Defensive Roll (2), Favored Foe (Green Lanterns), Favored Foe (Sinesto Corps), Fearless, Inspire (1), Skill Mastery (1) (Intimidation), Startle, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will), Withstand Damage*

POWERS:
Yellow Power Ring Override: Immunity 5 (Yellow Power Ring Effects); 5 pts
Qwardian Power Ring: 154 pts traits, Removable (-32 pts); 122 pts
Attention Sinestro Corpsman...: Features 2 (A.I. and Sinestro Corps Database); 2 pts
Sinestro's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Show Me Your Fear: Senses 3 (Detect Emotions [Mental; Acute, Ranged], Flaw: Limited to Fear); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Intimidate [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Withstand Damage); 35 pts
Force Manipulation: 37 pt Dynamic Array; 57 pts
Force Barrage: Shapeable Area Move Object 9 (Extra: Dynamic, Area Shapeable 2 [60 ft volume]); 37 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Rapid Fire Blast: Ranged Multiattack Force Energy Damage 11 (Extra: Dynamic, Split); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 12 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection, Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Striking: Move Object 12 (Extra: Damaging, Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Deflection: Deflect 12 (Extra: Dynamic, Redirect); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2]
Ring Weapons +12 [Ring Weapons +8]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +11 [Force Blast +17; Rapid Fire Blast +11, Multiattack];Force Constructs +17; Force Lifting Move Objects +17; Force Striking +11]
Special Attack [Force Lifting Mastery +9, Area Shapeable]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll, +14 with Force Field, +7 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +17 (Ultimate Will)

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Sinestro believes he is the greatest Green Lantern and actually the greatest ring bearer of any kind in the universe and his overconfidence can put him in precarious situations
Enemy: Several Green Lantern Corpsmen, Atrocitus, the people of Korugar
Obsession: Sinestro is obsessed with his particular idea of order, and the enforcement of that order, throughout the cosmos
Relationships: In an odd way, he does love his daughter, Soranik Natu and is protective of her
Rivalry: Hal Jordan, Abin Sur

Abilities 64 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 127 + Defenses 31 = 263 / 263
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart: Imports, Zeus, Odin, GL Sinestro

Post by Mike5000us » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:03 am

WOW Galactus, Odin, and Zeus o my :)
"Ah man, I guess I'm just going to have to kill you now!"

cbwjm
Henchman
Henchman

Re: #398

Post by cbwjm » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:43 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:Check out this I really wanted to find the quote that he had in the Mighty Hercules last year where he was on trial for his life by Hades and Herc was trying to defend him. Basically Zeus told Herc to step aside and pretty much told Hades and everyone in Hell that they may not like him but they need him because someone has to make the tough choices and he's the only one with the testicular fortitude to do so and if they didn't like it, they could bite him. I'm paraphrasing just a little bit, but that was basically it. Epic badassdom.

Check the Incredible Hercules 130. I'd have written it down for you but that speech is really long, one of the most awesome speeches given by anyone in the history of forever.

Looking at your builds you've included some of the things I was contemplating adding to my Thor and Zeus builds (and still might) primarily the language comprehesion. Gods rarely seem to have difficulty understanding others or making themselves understood. In the issue where Thor finds his little brother Loki he even gives it a name but I'm not sure what he called it, something nordic sounding.

I was also tempted to give both Zeus and Odin a variable pool, ended up with an array but really if anyone deserves a variable power it is the Skyfathers of the various pantheons.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: J-Mart: Imports, Zeus, Odin, GL Sinestro

Post by Bladewind » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:47 am

Love the GL takes Thorp !

Curious though, why Sinestro has Yellow Lantern complications... (The weakness is prolly a typo, but I don't get the Enemy Complication - is that meant to be a "he wields the ring but ain't accepted" kinda thing?) 8)