J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:57 pm

We've got a new item for our ever favorite JOB SQUAD line getting stocked on Aisle 2!

Ah, good old Paste Pot Pete. You can change your name to Trapster, but you’ll always PPP to me.

THE TRAPSTER
PL: 9 (136 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 9 (+9), Expertise [Chemistry] 9 (+13), Expertise [Criminal] 3 (+7), Insight (+1), Intimidation 4 (+4), Perception (+1), Ranged Combat [Paste Shooter] 3 (+8), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth (+3), Technology 4 (+8) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Improved Disarm, Inventor, Set-Up (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Trapster Costume: 57 pts traits, Removable (-11 pts); 46 pts
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Unsnareable: Immunity 6 (Own Powers, Snare effects); 6 pts
Sticky Fingers: Movement 2 (Wall Crawling 2), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Disarm); 5 pts
Paste Shooter Array: 40 pt array; 44 pts
Paste Snare: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Glue; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Contagious, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 40 pts
Paste Objects: Create 10 (Extra: Continuous); 1 pt
Hard Paste Shot: Ranged Bludgeoning Damage 10; 1 pt
Constricting Paste: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 (Glue; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Dazed, Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned, Defenseless and Immobilized, 3rd: Incapacitated; Extra: Contagious, Extra Condition 2); 1 pt
Glue Line: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +5
Paste Shooters +8 [Paste Snare Affliction +10; Hard Paste Blast +10; Constricting Paste +8; Paste Objects +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Money and respect
Reputation: He has a rep as a loser villain and this drives him crazy

Abilities 46 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 46 + Defenses 21 = 136 / 136

Build Comments: WORK IN PROGRESS

Secret Origins: Peter Petruski was working as a research chemist in New York City when he invented an extremely adhesive "multi-polymer" liquid. Creating a paste-gun and calling himself Paste-Pot Pete, he decided to use his invention to commit crimes. Each time he was defeated by the Human Torch-- from his initial attempt at stealing a top-secret army missile, to joining forces with the Wizard. Finally jailed, he was given a parole when he helped the Avengers with a solvent to free the city from Baron Heinrich Zemo’s Adhesive X. Using his freedom to develop better weaponry, he was again defeated by the Human Torch and the Thing.

The Story so Far: For the first time since his unique discovery, Petruski found success as a member of the Frightful Four, which the Wizard founded with Petruski, the Sandman, and Medusa, in order to defeat the Fantastic Four. The Frightful Four attempted to use the Wizard's anti-grav discs to send the Fantastic Four-minus the Torch-into space, but Johnny appeared after being alerted by Alicia Masters, and forced the Wizard to help him save his teammates. Then, together, the Fantastic Four defeated the Frightful Four until the Sandman and the Wizard exploded the Wizard's ship as a distraction, and the four criminals escaped. After this, along with the Wizard’s help on several new projectile weapons and traps, Petruski developed his Trapster codename.

The Frightful Four continued to experience small moments of success against their enemies but every time in the end, the FF was able to take them down and send them to prison. Recently
The Trapster broke out of prison to try a solo criminal career, but after failing in his repeated attempts at revenge against the Fantastic Four he was sent back to jail by Robin who was beating him so badly, PETE called the cops to bring him in.

Characterization: Pete is one of the busiest low level villains in the Thorpacoverse. He’s taken on the best and been beaten by the best. And the mediocre. And rookies. And retired heroes…

He just wants respect and to score that big win over a big time hero, but it just hasn’t happened. But it doesn’t mean it won’t.

Friends and Foes: Trapster usually works with the Wizard and whichever incarnation of the Frightful Four that he’s put together. He really has a grudge against the Fantastic Four, but as a team and individually, they’ve all put him down every time.

And he really doesn’t like this new Robin…

Comments: Ah, the Trapster. A long time Marvel jobber. He's a true professional in the world of superhero jobbing but he does have a pretty effective power with that +12 rank snare. Once that is dealt with though, though, he's done for.

Clean Up 8/30/13: Pete gets a review for the Superior Thorpacoverse since I need my jobbers to be ready to job at a moment's notice! I took him down to PL9 but the original PL10 remains in case someone wants more of a threat.

THE TRAPSTER
PL: 10 (141 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception 7 (+7), Expertise [Chemistry] 9 (+13), Expertise [Criminal] 3 (+7), Insight (+1), Intimidation 4 (+4), Perception (+1), Ranged Combat [Web Shooters] 3 (+8), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth (+3), Technology 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (1), Inventor, Set-Up (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Trapster Costume: 65 pts traits, Removable (-13 pts); 43 pts
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Unsnareable: Immunity 6 (Own Powers, Snare effects); 6 pts
Sticky Fingers: Movement 2 (Wall Crawling 2), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Disarm); 5 pts
Paste Shooter Array: 48 pt array; 52 pts
Paste Snare: Ranged Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Alternate Resistance [Dodge], Contagious, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 48 pts
Hard Paste Shot: Ranged Damage 12; 1 pt
Paste Objects: Create 10 (Extra: Continuous); 1 pt
Engulfing Paste: Ranged Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Dazed, Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned, Defenseless and Immobilized, 3rd: Incapacitated; Extra: Alternate Resistance [Dodge], Contagious, Cumulative, Extra Condition 2); 1 pt
Glue Line: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +5
Paste Shooters +8 [Paste Affliction +12; Paste Blast +12; Engulfing Paste +9; Paste Objects +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Money and respect
Reputation: He has a rep as a loser villain and this drives him crazy

Abilities 46 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 52 + Defenses 19 = 141 / 141
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:02 pm

We've got another JOB SQUAD member hitting the Aisle 2 shelves!

There was a brief moment in the battle against the Avengers where the outcome was in doubt, but then they all realized he sucked and that was that.

GRIFFIN
PL: 10 (143 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 2 (+14), Deception (-1), Expertise [Criminal] 2 (+1), Insight (+1), Intimidation 10 (+9/+10), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion (-1), Stealth 4 (+7/+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Chokehold, Close Attack (1), Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack

POWERS:
Griffin Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass, Extra: Innate); 5 pts
Wings: Flight 6 (125 mph/1800 fpr; Flaw: Winged); 6 pts
Griffin Physiology: Protection 1, Impervious 4, Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold), Senses 6 (Normal Vision [Extended], Scent [Acute, Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Ultra-Hearing), Speed 3 (16 mph); 19 pts
Spiked Tail: Extra Limbs 1 (Tail), Piercing Strength-based Damage 0, (Extra: Dangerous, Reach [10 ft]); 3 pts
Claws/Teeth: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Dangerous, Split); 2 pts
Bird Control: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 6 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st Degree: Dazed, 2nd Degree: Compelled, 3rd Degree: Controlled, Extras: Communication Link, Burst Area 2 [60 ft], Linked, Flaws: Limited [to Birds]); Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Animals, Flaw: Limited [Birds only]); 19 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +12; Tail Spike +12, Critical 19-20; Claws/Teeth +12, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +13, Fortitude +13, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Griffin's physical state is in a constant of evolution/devolution and he sometimes has problems with being coherent
Involuntary Transformation: When expending extra effort or in extremely stressful situations he can devolve into a four-legged, bestial griffin form
Monstrous Appearance: He's an anthropomorphic griffin. He doesn't blend

Abilities 60 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 54 + Defenses 10 = 143 / 143

Comments: One of Marvel’s better powerhouse jobbers, The Griffin. He had a pretty good turn recently in his animalistic form as Hercules' mount in the new Herc book and I think that might be his best career turn at this point. But by the end, he was back to his old devolving self. Visually, he's pretty neat and I'd like to see maybe a Dragon Man (super team pet gig) role for him, but it won't happen. He's appears to be a pain to draw, so he won't show up much.

Secret Origins: Johnny Horton was a street thug who was known for his big fist, bad temper and small brain. Johnny tried to make a name for himself when he joined a gang in New Orleans but wasn't going anywhere. A guy from Chicago hired Johnny for some local muscle and they were impressed so they introduced him to the Secret Empire.

Johnny told them he wanted to be more than a cheap hood and the Empire promised to make him a super villain. Johnny agreed and underwent a dramatic operation where the Secret Empire permanently grafted onto him a mane, wings and replaced his hands with lion's paws. His face turned dead white after the procedure and the Griffin was born.

The Story so Far: His first assignment for the Secret Empire was to kill the Beast. After a couple of altercations, Beast is able to defeat Griffin with assistance from Angel. Horton would continue to work for the Empire and still consume the serum that transformed him into the Griffin. The serum drove him insane and he ended up killing the doctor that performed the surgery. This led to a confrontation with Beast and Spider Man where the two heroes barely defeated him. He would later team up with Crimson Dynamo and the Titanium Man to battle the Champions. This group shortly disbanded after they were defeated. The Griffin's facial features would change during a confrontation with Spider Man and Wonder Man. The Griffin evolved once more and his face became more bestial. The Griffin was presumed dead when a burning plane he attempted to lift fell on him during that battle. The Griffin survived when he dug a tunnel with his claws under the burning wreckage.

After several altercations with heroes over the years, he was hired on as part of The Hood’s gang. After a robbery and the burning of one of Hood's hide outs, Griffin got drunk with other members of the gang and got arrested for their recklessness. He and the others would later be set free by the Hood. However Griffin was angry that the Hood didn't free them earlier. He tried to kill the Hood but was wounded in the process as the Hood shoots him multiple times in the legs.

The Hood had powered up members of his Masters of Evil with the Norn Stones which were given to him by Loki. The Hood wanted to juice up his crew so they could go hunt down some Avengers. The Griffin told Mandrill that they were being used and that he had no interest in the job, but that he's too afraid to run and have a price on his head. Mandrill tried to convince him that this was their opportunity to become part of Osborn's A-list team and taking down the Avengers would be a great chance to bump up their status. Johnny told him that he would rather die and was only doing this for the money. Mandrill would spot Spider Man and Spider Woman with his extended vision and the two engaged the Avengers. Spider Man noticed that the Griffin was more powerful than their previous encounter before he was blasted off the roof by a mind-controlled Spider Woman. Griffin and Mandrill enjoy the assault on Spider Man by the possessed crimson beauty. Spider Man refused to strike Spider Woman as he got bombarded by venom blasts and body blows. Spider Man kept talking to Spider Woman until she told the wall-crawler that she was being controlled by the monkey faced villain. Spider Man replied "I know what to do" as he finally fell from one final venom blast. The two villains approached Spider Woman when Mandrill got webbed in the mouth and Spider Man knocked out the Griffin with one powerful uppercut. Spider Woman blasted the Mandrill in the mouth and Spider Man webbed both villains together. The Griffin was apprehended and sent to the Raft.

Characterization: Griffin is a powerful foe, but his condition makes his intelligence fluctuate between dim-witted adult to practically animalistic, making him an unpredictable but easily outwitted.

Friends and Foes: He doesn’t have regular allies or enemies, he generally just does the work he’s paid to do.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:25 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING from J-Mart. And since I get a nice long 4 day weekend (actually, I've been off all week but the beginning of the week was to help my dad as he recovers from rotator cuff surgery, which is he doing great with) I've decided to dedicate the weekend to the J-Mart Tradition unlike any other LADIES' NIGHT! So get ready for our four day LADIES' WEEKEND! And we're kicking it off with this item for Aisle 2!

Avengers Tower falling was one of the sobering moments of my life. I've seen a lot of stuff in my day, but that was -- I was instantly pulled out of myself. So ashamed that I was enjoying the battle. But I wasn't enjoying the battle. I was enjoying that I was alive. I had cheated death one more time and I had -- it was an all-new me. I was a super-soldier (of a sort) and I wanted to live up to it. But now I knew, once the Tower fell, I knew I was being given this second chance for a reason. I was going to do what a super-soldier does. I was going to turn the battle around. I was going to take it right to the Red Skull's doorstep and I was going to put my fist right through her skull. I knew why I was given a second chance...so I could kill the Red Skull. - Mockingbird

MOCKINGBIRD
PL: 10 (175 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+15), Athletics 7 (+12), Deception 9 (+11) [Taunt], Expertise [Chemistry] 6 (+9), Expertise [Spy] 7 (+10), Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 8 (+11) [Contacts], Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Thrown Staves] 3 (+12), Sleight of Hand 3 (+7), Stealth 5 (+12), Technology 4 (+7), Treatment 1 (+4), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Status 2 – High Level SHIELD Clearance), Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (1) (Battle Staves), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (Japanese, Mandarin, 3 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (5), Set-Up (1), Takedown (1), Taunt, Teamwork

POWERS:
Super Soldier/Infinity Serum Enhancements: Immunity 4 (Aging, Intoxication, Disease, Poisons), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Costume: Protection 1; 1 pt
Arsenal: (4 pts)
Battle Staves: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Split; 3 pts
Thrown Staves: Ranged Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 1, Ricochet; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +13 [Battle Staves +7, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +5]
Ranged Attack +9
Thrown Staves +12 [Thrown Staves +6, Critical 19-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Proving herself to the superhero community (and mostly herself) in the wake of her imprisonment by the Skrulls.
Relationships: She's had a long, off and on relationship with Hawkeye, Clint Barton.
Rivalry: Batwoman.

Abilities 86 + Skills 40 (80 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 11 + Defenses 15 = 175 / 175

Build Comments: This take on Bobbi is an homage to her current power set where she was almost killed by Superia (coming up soon, hopefully) and the only way to save her was Fury injecting her with a prototype combination of the Super Soldier Serum and The Infinity Formula. So right now she is an immortal super soldier, but they don’t know what side effects there are. I think it’s a great for her, so that’s how she rolls on Earth-217.

It should also be noted that I am getting ready to post a house rule about Languages, which are too expensive for my taste in the RAW. I am altering the Advantage to be 2 languages at rank 1, 5 at rank two, 10 at 3, etc. following the Progression Chart. It should also be noted that I haven’t had much of a chance to expand on her rivalry with Batwoman, but I will. I just have an idea swimming in my head that I need to catch, tag and release.

Secret Origins: Barbara "Bobbi" Morse attended the Georgia Institute of Technology, specializing in biochemistry. Upon completion of her Ph.D., she was admitted onto the Project: Gladiator team under Dr. Wilma Calvin. She was also Agent 19 of SHIELD.

The Story so Far: She traveled to the Savage Land with Dr. Paul Allen, with whom she was involved in a sham engagement on SHIELD orders due to (correct) suspicion that he was involved with AIM. In Florida, Allen was destroyed by Man-Thing, who was once Barbara's colleague, Dr. Theodore Sallis. With Ka-Zar, she traveled to New York and helped defeat Victorius, who had taken a sample of Super Soldier Serum from Sallis and Calvin's experiments. Barbara's penchant for taunting her opponents in battle earned her the codename of "Mockingbird".

Morse was a freelance agent when she met Clint Barton, a.k.a Hawkeye, when he was temporarily serving as chief of security for Cross Technological Enterprises. During this time, they were kidnapped by Crossfire, who wanted to use hypnotic ultrasounds to force superheroes to kill each other. Hawkeye and Mockingbird defeated Crossfire, but Hawkeye suffered hearing damage due to the villain's ultrasound technology. Hawkeye and Mockingbird eventually eloped.

When Hawkeye returned to active duty as an Avenger, The Vision, then Avengers chairman, appointed him to head a new branch of the team based on the West Coast. Hawkeye chose Bobbi as one of his team members, along with Iron Man, Wonder Man, and Tigra. Clint and Bobbi served as the motivating force behind the team. After several adventures, an incident with a time displaced Mockingbird led to she and Clint’s estrangement.

Hearing that a Midwestern-based team was using the name "Great Lakes Avengers", Hawkeye took Mockingbird along with him to investigate. After determining that these "impostors" had no malicious intent, Clint and Bobbi took it upon themselves to train this neophyte crimefighting team.

Bobbi, as a former Agent of SHIELD, was among those called in by Colonel Nick Fury to help him decommission old SHIELD outposts and technology after shutting the organization down in the wake of the Deltite Affair. This paved the way for the foundation of the second, U.N.-sponsored incarnation of SHIELD.

After Operation Galactic Storm (during which Bobbi was part of the team of reservists who remained on Earth), the West Coast team and Vision encountered Ultron once again. This time he was accompanied by his latest "mate", Alkhema, whose brain patterns had been based on Mockingbird's. Alkhema, however, turned on Ultron, and the Avengers won the day. Clint, who had recently re-assumed his Goliath identity, managed to reconcile with his estranged wife at this time.

When Mockingbird was captured by Satannish The Supreme, the AWC embarked upon what would be their last mission. The team battled the combined forces of Satannish and Mephisto. During their escape, Bobbi was killed by Mephisto. Shortly thereafter, the Vision disbanded the West Coast team.

After death, Bobbi's soul had apparently become trapped in Mephisto's Realm. While there, she was occasionally able to help other heroes. She fought alongside fellow Avenger Hellcat in the Arena of Tainted Souls, and kept company with dead Great Lakes Avengers.

After the climactic battle between the Skrulls and Earth's heroes during the Secret Invasion event, the individuals replaced by Skrull agents were revealed to be alive and well, including Bobbi. She was apparently one of the first people captured and replaced, with this occurring sometime between the start of her relationship with Clint and her apparent "death." The returned Mockingbird then joined her estranged husband and his teammates in the New Avengers. Bobbie formed her private spy organization, the World Counterterrorism Agency, or WCA. She was joined on her first mission by her husband, Clint Barton, as Ronin.

After Norman Osborn was replaced by Steve Rogers, the Avengers teams were reorganized and Bobbi joined Luke Cage's team. She and Clint separated after a particularly intense WCA mission involving a new Phantom Rider.

During a confrontation with Superia she was grievously injured. To save her life Clint had Nick Fury inject her with a formula that was a functional combination of the Infinity Formula and the Super Soldier Serum.

Characterization: Bobbi is a feisty opponent and dedicated hero and SHIELD agent.

Friends and Foes: Bobbi and her ex-husband Clint Barton have a long history and after several rough spots they are currently on good terms, with neither (currently) seeking reconciliation. Because of Clint and Oliver Queen’s long rivalry, she has become good friends with Black Canary.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:36 am

LADIES' WEEKEND continues with this RED LIGHT SPECIAL for Aisle 2!

I am Elektra Natchios. Not even the stars are safe in the sky. - Elektra

ELEKTRA
PL: 10 (185 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 10 (+16) [Accelerated Acrobatics, Agile Feint, Skill Mastery, Athletics 8 (+11), Close Combat [Sai] 1 (+15), Deception 9 (+11/+13) [Attractive], Expertise [Assassin] 8 (+10), Insight 8 (+12) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+9), Investigation 7 (+9) [Well-Informed], Perception 9 (+13), Persuasion (+2/+4) [Attractive], Sleight of Hand 8 (+13), Stealth 12 (+18) [Accelerated Stealth, Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery], Technology 5 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Acrobatics*, Accelerated Stealth*, Agile Feint, Assessment, Attractive (1), Benefit (2) (Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (3), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (2 (Short Blades 2, Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (Japanese, Mandarin, French, 2 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Skill Mastery (2) (Acrobatics, Stealth), Takedown (2), Tracking, Trance, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Sai: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Defensive, Disarming, Split; 5 pts
Arsenal: (5 pts)
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20, Katana +6, Critical 19-20]
Sai +15 [Sai +5, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +12 [Shuriken +1, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +6 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +12

[COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: As much as she doesn't want to admit it, she loves the killing and it causes lots of problems for her personal life.
Enemy: The Hand or The Chaste, depending on her alliance at the time. And ALWAYS Bullseye.
Relationships: Daredevil…it's tricky, but it's definitely a relationship of note…
Reputation: Well known master assassin. Most superheroes have a hard time trusting her.

Abilities 78 + Skills 47 (94 ranks) + Advantages 39 + Powers 0 + Defenses 21 = 185 / 185

Build Comments: Ah, Elektra, you hot killing machine, how I love you when you’re not being played by Jennifer Garner…

OK, she wasn’t that bad. She was far better than Affleck as Daredevil, but these things happen (see George Clooney as Batman).

Anyway, for this 3E version of Elektra, I killed off all the mind switch/telelocation crap and just went with her skill monkey assassin version, which is the one I dig the most.

Secret Origins: Elektra's mother's character has conflicting versions. In one version, during the birth of Elektra, it was revealed that her mother was gunned down by enemies of her father while vacationing on a yacht. However, Stavros revealed that her mother was shot by a hostage taker when she tried to help. Her mother was shown to be a tramp while another says that she was a brave and honorable woman. As she grew up, her father required that she train in the martial arts where she excelled. She was then required to go to law school where she met and had a serious relationship with Matt. However, after her father was gunned down by assassins, she went to the Mountain of the Chaste to train from them. But she was later dismissed by Stick for bearing too much emotion over the death of her father.

Elektra thought she could gain the favor of the Chaste if she was to destroy their enemy, the Hand. She joined their order in order to destroy them from within but she ended up killing her former Sensei.

The Story so Far: For years, Elektra worked as a bounty hunter and assassin for hire. Having undertaken a contract in New York City, she crossed paths with the blind adventurer Daredevil, whom she learned to be Matt Murdock, her former lover and a former student of Stick. Daredevil disapproved of Elektra's chosen profession, but the two still cared deeply for one another. Together, they fought the Hand, until the Kingpin, the most powerful figure in East Coast organized crime, hired Elektra as his chief assassin. In that role, Elektra clashed repeatedly with Daredevil. Finally, she was contracted to kill his best friend and law partner, Franklin "Foggy" Nelson. When Foggy recognized her, Elektra realized she could not carry out the contract and spared his life.

Soon after, the psychotic criminal Bullseye determined that the only way to regain his status as the Kingpin's chief assassin was to kill Elektra. Bullseye impaled Elektra on her own sai, and she died in Matt's arms. Unwilling to part with one of its most talented operatives, the Hand attempted to resurrect Elektra and place her fully under their control through a magic ritual. Stone, a member of Stick's order, completed the process, bringing Elektra back to life after Daredevil had purified her spirit through sheer force of will. Now purged of the Hand's corruption, Elektra left Matt's side, determined to find her own place in the world.

After Elektra's death and later disappearance of her body, Matt Murdock thought he had been hallucinating about Elektra but it turned out that Elektra was real and alive. Since the Hand was having difficulty finding Elektra, they decided to recruit Bullseye who was imprisoned. In recruiting Bullseye, The Hand killed him in order to revivify him but under theie control. They were able to kill him but Elektra interfered and prevented Bullseye's resurrection.

Years later, The Hand, under Gorgon, attacked both Wolverine and Elektra, placing them in their service. Elektra assumed control of the Hand after Gorgon’s death. During the Secret Invasion event, Elektra was replaced by a Skrull who took over The Hand, the goal of which was to attract the attention of the "heroes" and provoke them into discovering the Skrull infiltration.

After the invasion was stopped, Elektra emerged from a downed Skrull ship with other people who had been abducted and replaced, and was taken into S.H.I.E.L.D. protective custody. However, S.H.I.E.L.D. was replaced by H.A.M.M.E.R., and she was not dealt with well in custody. She initiated a break out when Paladin attempted to collect an $82 Million bounty on her head, and she was able to defeat him and escape.

She joined Heroes for Hire and during Daredevil's reign over Hell's Kitchen, Elektra tried to infiltrate in Shadowland and helped the heroes to prevent Bullseye's resurrection. She has since been part of Thunderbolt Ross’ new Thunderbolts as well as returning to her mercenary work.

Characterization: Elektra once defined herself by the men in her life: She was the daughter of a powerful Greek diplomat and the girlfriend of blind American law student Matt Murdock. Her father's assassination, however, left her emotionally shattered, and she withdrew from the world. Over the years, she has gone from vindictive assassin to selfless hero to something somewhere in between.

Friends and Foes: She has a long complicated relationship with Matt Murdock. While they have not been together officially in years, their feelings for each other remain strong and often reveal themselves in…interesting ways.

She has great enmity for Bullseye since he killed her, but the two have worked together at times when it suits both their interests.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: J-Mart: Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy Ladies' Weekend!

Postby Bladewind » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Okay, okay... I know that I have my own thread, and that you devote a lot of your own builds to Earth 217, but I had a pressing urge to contribute a GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL to Ladies' Week-End...

Green Lantern Sector 2815
PL13

Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 6, Dexterity 5, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 4

Powers
Green Lantern Power Ring:
Removable (-26 points)
AI & Database: Feature 2, Communication: Senses 1 [Communication Link to Central Power Battery], Flight 14, Space Travel: Movement 3, Environmental Adaptation (Zero G): Movement 1, Force Field: Protection 12, Life Support Immunity: Immunity 10 [Impervious 12], Scanning Beam: Senses 6 [Analytical Auditory , Chemical and Visual], Universal Translator: Comprehend 4
(61 points)
Force Manipulation:
Force Blast: Damage 16 [Ranged; Dynamic]
Dyn: Force Bubble: Immunity 10 [(Life Support); Affects Others, Burst Area, Ranged]
Dyn: Force Constructs: Create 16
Dyn: Lifting: Move Object 16
Dyn: Mobile Constructs: Create 10 [Movable]
(41 points)
Green Lantern Training:
Enhanced Advantages: Enhanced Trait 7, Enhanced Skills: Enhanced Trait 1, Precise on Ring Force Manipulation: Feature 1
(9 points)
Graxonite Physiology:
Immortality 1, Accelerated Recovery: Regeneration 5 [Persistent]
(12 points)"

Equipment

Advantages
Attractive 2, All-Out Attack, Benefit 1 [GL Corps Members], Defensive Attack, Diehard, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative 1, Interpose, Move-by Action, Redirect, Teamwork,

Accurate Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Precise Attack 2, Ranged Attack 3

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+10), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+10), Deception 3 (+7), Insight 3 (+6), Intimidation (+4), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Power Ring 2 (+10), Stealth 7 (+13), Treatment 1 (+2)

Offense
Initiative +10
Force Blast +10, Damage 16
Unarmed +10, Damage 2"

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 8
Toughness 14 (Def Roll 0), Fortitude 10, Will 16

Power Points
Abilities 56 + Powers 123 + Advantages 14 + Skills 18 + Defenses 30 = Total 241

Complications
Power Loss - The Ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as it's power runs low
Weakness - GL rings depend on the Will of th wielder, the ring cannot have a rank effect higher than the wielder's will.
Responsibility - Family Legacy - Arisia is the third in her family line to wield the Emerald Ring"

Design Notes
:arrow: More expensive than most other GLs, there are some racial abilities in here that obviously the human GLs don't have. I'm not totally sold on the racial abilities as represented here, but I haven't been able to locate any source material that gives me a clearer representation. I suppose that Trance would also be a suitable advantage. I did not include anything to represent her longevity.

:arrow: The other part of the extra expense is something I listed in Powers for reference more than because they are powers - GL Training. I found the example on a build somewhere on the net when searching for a suitable picture (word to the wise, be careful how and where you search for Arisia images. Dang.) Listed in there is Enhanced Skill - the charge is actually in the skills as I use Ski's Character Sheet and there's no place for Enhanced Skills to be recorded... The skill is the Range Skill.

:arrow: Other than that, Standard GL. Reduced offensive capabilities to 13 because of her will. Realized something about GLs... most won't be able to power stunt to increase the effect of their ring with a Hero Point... since they can't raise their Wills (unless they have extraordinary effort...)

:arrow: She does not have a complication relating to her relationship with Hal, which would make sense. However, it depends on when in her career you are introducing her.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Bladewind wrote:Okay, okay... I know that I have my own thread, and that you devote a lot of your own builds to Earth 217, but I had a pressing urge to contribute a GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL to Ladies' Week-End...

Green Lantern Sector 2815
PL13

:arrow: Other than that, Standard GL. Reduced offensive capabilities to 13 because of her will. Realized something about GLs... most won't be able to power stunt to increase the effect of their ring with a Hero Point... since they can't raise their Wills (unless they have extraordinary effort...)

:arrow: She does not have a complication relating to her relationship with Hal, which would make sense. However, it depends on when in her career you are introducing her.

Nice, Arisia, Bladewind. Glad to see some new merchandise from other contributors and I am all about the GL-verse right now, so that's a fine addition. The funny thing is that...
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:35 pm

...I was going to post some GREEN LIGHT SPECIALS today myself, Bladewind! :)

Check out the first of said specials with this new addition to LADIES' NIGHT WEEKEND EXTRAVAGANZA!

Hi, Big Cutie! - Ch'p

GREEN LANTERN (ARISIA)
PL: 12 (213 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+7), Deception (+1/+3) [Attractive], Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception (+3), Persuasion 6 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 7 (+10), Stealth 3 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (1), Improved Initiative (1), Lionheart*, Set-Up (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Regeneration 1 (1/every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent), Immortality 1 (1 Month); 4 pts
Graxosian Physiology: Feature 1 (Longevity); 1 pt
Green Lantern Power Ring: 137 pts traits, Removable (-27 pts); 110 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Central Power Battery); 1 pt
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 32 pts
Force Manipulation: 37 pt Dynamic Array; 47 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Create], Flaw: Affects others only), Create 12 (Force Spheres; Extra: Linked [Immunity], Flaw: Limited to simple spherical objects); 37 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 14 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 12 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection; Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +10 [Force Blast +14; Force Constructs +14; Force Lifting Move Objects +14]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll, +13 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +7, Will +14

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Relationships: She is beginning to date Sodam Yat, the current Ion and she has big brother/big sister relationships with Kilowog, Guy Gardner and Hal Jordan.
Responsibility: To protect her space sector as the Green Lantern of Sector 2815.
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 44 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 115 + Defenses 28 = 213 / 213

Build Comments: The “Big Cutie” herself as Ch’p called her, Arisia. She's been around the GL-verse for a good while and was dead for a while, but like any good comic character, that only slowed her down for a while.

I have the non-Earth GLs at lower PLs than the Earth GLs since generally they are the ones that usually end up saving the day, but I like Bladewind's PL13 take on Arisia, so I may have to rethink that. All things considered, there's usually not a lot separating them all, but I'll have to see how these other GLs play.

In the Thorpacoverse, she is partnered with Sodam Yat like she is in mainly continuity, and she and Sodam (coming soon, he's just freakin' hard and expensive to build so it takes a while, not to mention the fact that I am really trying to keep to my high end cap for heroes at PL13...) are starting to date after a long period of denying their attraction to each other. She remains close to Hal, Kilowog and Guy and continues to grow into a great Green Lantern.

Secret Origins: Arisia was originally from the planet Graxos IV. Her father, Fentara, served as the Green Lantern of Sector 2815. Eventually, Arisia assumed the role of Green Lantern of her sector as a teenager.

The Story so Far: She was part of a large group of Green Lanterns sent to thwart Krona and Nekron. She was one of the Green Lanterns, along with Katma Tui, Salakk, Ch'p (who referred to her as the "big cutie") and Kilowog, who relocated to Earth after the battle against the Anti-Monitor.

Arisia had a huge crush on Hal Jordan, the Green Lantern of Sector 2814. Although Hal Jordan did not ultimately return Arisia's affections, they remain friends. Later, due to disruption in the Main Battery on the planet Oa from which the Green Lanterns drew their power, several Green Lanterns, including Arisia, lost their powers. Arisia decided to remain on Earth with her friend Hal Jordan.

Later, the resurrected Major Force, who was looking for Guy Gardner came across her at Warrior's. Arisia was unprepared and she did her best to defend herself, but ultimately didn't have a fighting chance against him. He grabbed Arisia and suffocated her to death.

Major Force called Guy Gardner out, the villain delivering a picture of Arisia. Though Major Force would later return, Gardner seemingly put down Major Force and avenged Arisia. However, Arisia had not died. She had merely entered a natural state that Graxonites go into after a traumatic injury, regenerating and healing. The Cyborg Superman knew this, and brought her to Biot, the homeworld of the Manhunters, where she was used as a power source along with many other Green Lanterns.

She was later discovered by Jordan and Gardner. After awakening, she was instrumental in the defeat of the Cyborg Superman, and later seen sharing a last kiss with Hal, before he left for Earth. Arisia was one of the few non-Earth Lanterns who stood by Hal's side, when the Lost Lanterns refused to have anything to do with him.

Characterization: Arisia has become a gifted Green Lantern over the years and one of the key members of the Corps.

Friends and Foes: She has become close with her new partner, Sodam Yat, and remains close to Hal Jordan, Kilowog and the other Lost Lanterns. She has a great hatred for Major Force.

Clean Up 2/24/13: Arisia gets a bump to PL12 in my GL review.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:41 pm

We have another GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL for Aisle 1 here on LADIES' WEEKEND!

The planet Korugar is under MY protection again, Sinestro. Leave. NOW.

GREEN LANTERN (KATMA TUI)
PL: 13 (216 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 4 (+5), Deception (+2), Expertise [Green Lantern Lore] 6 (+7), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 7 (+8), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 8 (+11), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2), Improved Aim, Leadership, Lionheart*, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will), Withstand Damage*

POWERS:
Green Lantern Power Ring: 141 pts traits, Removable (-28 pts); 113 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts s
Force Field: Protection 9 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Withstand Damage); 32 pts
Force Manipulation: 37 pt Dynamic Array; 51 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Create], Flaw: Affects others only), Create 12 (Force Spheres; Extra: Linked [Immunity], Flaw: Limited to simple spherical objects); 37 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 15 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 12 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Weapon Summoning: Strength-based Damage 6 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing], Dynamic); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection; Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Minions: Summon 4 (60 pt minions; Extra: Dynamic, Multiple Minions [2 minions], Variable Type 2 [Broad, Hard Light Constructs]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +1; Ring Weapons +7]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +11 [Force Blast +15; Force Constructs +15; Force Lifting Move Objects +15]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll, +13 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +8, Will +15 (Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sinestro, Star Sapphire (even though Carol and her Corps have reformed, Katma has not forgiven her for striking her down), Fatality.
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Relationships: She is reconnecting with her husband, John Stewart and is growing close to her partner Soranik Natu.
Relationships: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Responsibility: To protect her space sector as a Green Lantern of Sector 1417.
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 46 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 113 + Defenses 28 = 216 / 216

Build Comments: I always liked John with Katma Tui so I am bringing her back to the Thorpacoverse. Katma is a very skilled Lantern and she trained John in DC canon, so I figured her being close to his equal here is about right.

Secret Origins: Katma Tui was Green Lantern for the planet of Korugar during her tenure as a member of the Green Lantern Corps for Sector 1417. She replaced Sinestro as the Green Lantern for this sector. He had used his power ring to establish himself as totalitarian ruler of his planet. Katma Tui eventually helped lead the revolt against him which would result in his removal as planetary leader, him being removed as a member of the corps and of being imprisoned in the anti-matter universe on the planet of Qward. She was nominated by Tomar-Re as the replacement Green Lantern for the sector, which she accepted. Despite this she was regarded as a villain by her native Korugarans as the Green Lanterns were falsely considered a symbol of tyranny because of the actions of Sinestro. She is therefore known as “Katma Tui the lost.”

The Story so Far: In her first mission, which occurred during her probationary period as a Green Lantern, Tui and Korugaran scientist Imi Kahn destroyed a giant space amoeba creature that threatened Korugar. Tui and Kahn fell in love, and Tui decided to leave the Corps, though Hal Jordan, the Green Lantern of Earth, used a ruse in order to persuade her not to.

Tui went on to become an exemplary Green Lantern on a number of adventures, becoming on the leaders of the Corps. When Hal Jordan resigned from the Corps for Carol Ferris, Tui was infuriated, given that Jordan had persuaded her to give up Imi Kahn for the Corps. When John Stewart initially turned down the offer of replacing Jordan as Green Lantern of Earth, Tui, projecting her anger towards Jordan upon Stewart, dismissed him as a coward, which provoked Stewart into changing his mind. Tui would eventually train him, and work closely with him on a number of missions. The two would eventually fall in love, and they married.

Katma Tui was murdered by an insane Carol Ferris as Star Sapphire. Sapphire attacked an unpowered Katma at home, and murdered her in the kitchen by slicing her to death. She did this simply to prove a point to Hal Jordan.

Katma was resurrected during the Chaos War event and is back as one of the Green Lanterns of Sector 1417 along with her new partner Soranik Natu. They both strive to live down the legacy of Sinestro’s tyranny there and both are becoming closer despite Soranik’s initial displeasure at her return to her sector. Soranik liked being partners with Iolande and even though the Corps speaks of Katma as a great hero, Soranik also remembers the planet’s dislike of Katma thanks to Sinestro ruining the image of the Corps, so despite her logical mind knowing better, she still bears remnants of that prejudice.

Characterization: Katma Tui is one of the top Green Lanterns in the Corps, and as Hal jokingly said, death apparently agreed with her since she has been performing at high level since her return.

Friends and Foes: She and John Stewart still have a strong bond, but are taking it slow since John also has feelings for Shayera Hol.

Clean Up 2/24/13: Katma gets a bump to PL13.

Clean Up 12/20/13: Katma gets the Superior Thorpacoverse update.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:46 pm

The GREEN LIGHT SPECIALS keep on coming here on LADIES' WEEKEND at J-Mart!

I am not afraid. And I have never failed a test in my life. - Soranik Natu

GREEN LANTERN (SORANIK NATU)
PL: 12 (213 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 3 (+4), 8 Deception (+2), Expertise [Surgeon] 7 (+10), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 2 (+5), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 7 (+10), Stealth (+3), Treatment 10 (+13) [Skill Mastery]

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (1), Lionheart*, Skill Mastery (1) (Treatment), Teamwork

POWERS:
Green Lantern Power Ring: 139 pts traits, Removable (-28 pts); 111 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move] Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 32 pts
Force Manipulation: 37 pt Dynamic Array; 49 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 14 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Minions: Summon 4 (60 pt minions; Extra: Dynamic, Multiple Minions [2 minions], Variable Type 2 [Broad, Hard Light Constructs]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +10 [Force Blast +14; Force Constructs +14; Force Lifting Move Objects +14]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll, +13 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +8, Will +14

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sinestro.
Honor: She honors her Koragarian version of the Hippocratic Oath to treat all who need it.
Relationships: She is close to Princess Iolande, her former partner and is getting close to her new partner, Katma Tui.
Responsibility: To protect her space sector as the Green Lantern of Sector 1417.
Rivalry: Even though they are getting closer, she still finds herself compared to Katma Tui and wants to prove herself her equal, or better.

Abilities 50 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 111 + Defenses 27 = 213 / 213

Comments: My take on Soranik Natu for my setting. As noted in my Katma Tui build, she is partnered with her now and is growing into a very skilled GL. She is no longer with Kyle Rayner, who is now back with Jade, but still harbors feelings for him, despite her comments to the contrary.

And of course, her relationship with her father still causes her no end of consternation. But whatever you can say about Sinestro, and that's a lot, he does love her in his own way, and whether she wants it or not, he is always watching out for her...

Secret Origins: Soranik's background is more convoluted than is readily apparent from her early appearances. She is initially portrayed as a gifted surgeon and bearer of the horrible legacy of Green Lantern ring bearer for the planet of Korugar, a curse for a people who still resent the actions of a former ringbearer, Sinestro. Although she was raised by the Natus, her father is actually Sinestro and her mother is Arin Sur, sister of legendary Green Lantern Abin Sur. She was hidden from Sinestro since a young age to protect her. During her upbringing she excelled in the sciences and eventually became a skilled surgeon. Due to the disdain which the denizens of her planet have for the Green Lantern Corps, she rejected the ring numerous times before finally only accepting so that she could perform a difficult surgery. She begrudgingly reported for service to the Corps afterwards.

The Story so Far: She started out similarly to many of her fellow Korugarians, somewhat distrustful of the Green Power Ring, even believing at one point that it is cursed and that she is not worthy of wearing it or of controlling its power. With the tutelage of others like Kilowog and Guy Gardner, she learns that she has great potential as a ring bearer and that it is her responsibility to be an active member of the Corps.

She has been a major player in a number of significant major events involving the Corps - Sinestro Corps War, Ring Quest, and Blackest Night among others. All the while that she has been a member of the Corps she tries to balance that with her role as a Korugarian. She was initially shunned, finally accepted and eventually revered. A defining aspect of her personality becomes her romantic relationship with Kyle Rayner. Another defining relationship is that with her partner, Princess Iolande. She is initially unreceptive to her, for reasons that speak more to Soranik than to Iolande, but the two eventually form a strong bond, becoming close allies and friends. This could be seen during the events of Blackest Night when the two of them were instrumental in evacuating injured Green Lantern Corps members to Mogo.

When Nekron was defeated, the Entity of Life resurrected fifty-two beings, and among them was Kyle's former lover, Jade, as well as deceased Green Lanterns Abin Sur and Katma Tui. This caused some tension between the three, but Kyle ultimately elected to remain with Natu. It also caused the Guardians to reassign Tui as Natu’s partner with Iolande relinquishing her ring (temporarily). It also gave Soranik the chance to forge a relationship with Abin Sur, who is her maternal uncle.

Natu was later abducted by the Weaponer, the Qwardian who created her father's original yellow ring. The Weaponer sought to use her to take vengeance on Sinestro for all the suffering his decision to make Sinestro that ring had caused for his people. During her captivity, Natu came to see signs of nobility in the Weaponer, but her elevated opinion of him was soon crushed when the Weaponer chose to join the Sinestro Corps when defeated and offered the opportunity. After her release she was corrupted by her green power ring in the events leading up to the War of the Green Lanterns. After the Earth based Green Lanterns stopped the threat she and Kyle broke off their relationship due to the strain of recent events.

Characterization: Soranik is a gifted surgeon whose skills have saved the lives of many Green Lanterns during her tenure. She is confident and headstrong, traits that also define her father.

Friends and Foes: Soranik is close to her former sector partner Princess Iolande and has begun to form a good working relationship with her new partner, Katma Tui. She and Kyle Rayner are getting closer to being on good terms after their break up.

Her relationship with her father Sinestro is complicated to say the least but she is becoming tight with her uncle, Abin Sur.

Clean Up 2/24/13: Soranik goes to PL12.

Clean Up 11/21/13: Soranik gets the Superior Thorpacoverse update.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:02 pm

This last GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL for tonight is rounding out tonight's builds for LADIES' WEEKEND!

We all want the same thing. Peace in our time. A world without war...

GREEN LANTERN (IOLANDE)
PL: 11 (197 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+6), Deception (+3), Expertise [Royalty] 8 (+10), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+3), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 7 (+10), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 7 (+9), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (5) (Wealth, Status, Resources 5 – Queen of Betrassus), Teamwork

POWERS:
Green Lantern Power Ring: 140 pts traits, Removable (-28 pts); 112 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 11 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 33 pts
Force Manipulation: 37 pt Dynamic Array; 49 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 13 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +2
Power Ring +9 [Force Blast +13; Force Constructs +13; Force Lifting +13]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +1 (+12 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +7, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: She is close to her former partner Soranik Natu.
Responsibility: To protect her space sector as the Green Lantern of Sector 1417.
Responsibility: To the throne of Betrassus.

Abilities 32 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 112 + Defenses 30 = 197 / 197

Build Comments: Another fairly well fleshed out GL in her short time in the GL-verse, Iolande. She was a princess of the planet Betrassus and was originally not concerned with much else other than herself but becomes a good GL after her initial "spoiled rich brat" phase. She was Soranik's partner for a good while until recently when she hasn't been seen much in the books. In my setting, she is still technically partnered with Soranik, but since Soranik has been working with Katma Tui a lot, they haven't been as close.

That's about it for the GL Ladies tonight. I do plan on hitting others in due time, like Sheriff Marden, KT21 and Boodikka. I plan on statting out as many GLs as a I can, even if I think some of them will appear in the DC Universe book. As stated before, the past 3-4 years of the GL verse has been fantastic and I have to give them as much love as I can in the Thorpacoverse.

Secret Origins: Iolande was the daughter of Nol, King of Betrassus, and thus the princess of the planet. One of her brothers, Ragnar, longed to be a member of the Green Lantern Corps and devised a way to become one by killing all his potential rivals, including their other brother Sentar and the current members of the Corps in that sector. Lanterns Guy Gardner and Soranik Natu caught on to his plan and granted him a ring briefly to lure him into a trap. After their father had Ragnar executed for his crimes, Natu granted Iolande the power ring that had belonged to Myrrt, her fallen partner.

The Story so Far: Iolande did not initially get along well with Kilowog the drill instructor when she reported to Oa for training. Because she was of royalty, Iolande was simply not used to being treated as she was at the Green Lantern Corps, and thus did not often comply with Kilowog's orders. In an effort the curb this attitude, she was frequently assigned to simple and tedious tasks.

Once she was judged ready, Kilowog escorted Iolande back to sector 1417, where they met with Natu. Natu and Iolande initially did not get along well, as Iolande was in the habit of "back seat ring-slinging," which annoyed her partner, and almost cost them their first battle together. However, they eventually learned to work as a team, and became good friends, going on several adventures together.

But one day, her father Nol died of sickness, which led to a rift between her and Natu due to the latter having failed to save him.

During the Sinestro Corps War, Iolande was largely inactive, due to being split between her duties as ruler of Betrassus . But went with the rest of the Green Lantern Corps to defend Earth in the final battle of the war, once again fighting alongside her partner, Soranik Natu. After the war ended, she lounged about in her palace, awaiting action. She almost flew into battle when her ring detected a disturbance nearby, but her advisers persuaded her to allow her security forces to deal with the problem.

Iolande worked with Natu soon after this to capture the remaining Sinestro Corps rings. However, they got involved in a battle in which Mongul (now toting a Sinestro ring of his own) attacked fellow Green Lanterns Arisia and Sodam Yat. All four fought Mongol to a standstill before yet another Green Lantern, Bzzd, came to the rescue. Although Bzzd was able to give them a sufficient advantage to defeat Mongol, Bzzd had to do so by sacrficing his life. The other Lanterns escorted his body back to Oa.

When the Blackest Night came, Iolande and Soranik Natu were traveling to Oa, joining up with fellow Green Lanterns Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner, Iolande casually flirting with the latter. But as they arrived at Oa, they noted a huge swarm of black rings headed towards the planet. These rings took over the bodies of the innumerable deceased Green Lanterns on Oa, and multiple others who were already headed there. While the rest of the Corps engaged the Black Lanterns in battle, Iolande and Natu went to the Infirmary, where they rescued the surviving wounded Green Lanterns. She once again fought valiantly when the battle came to Earth. Natu ordered Iolande to take the wounded Green Lanterns to Mogo, where they would be safe. Iolande later attended the dedication of the memorial on Mogo to fallen Green Lanterns.

Characterization: Initially Iolande was a spoiled, pretentious girl but over time has become a strong Green Lantern a great leader of her people.

Friends and Foes: She is close to her former partner, Soranik Natu and her some of her initial Green Lantern Corps training classmates, like Vath Sarn and Isamot Kol.

Clean Up 2/24/13: Iolande gets a PL bump.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:33 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Nice, Arisia, Bladewind. Glad to see some new merchandise from other contributors and I am all about the GL-verse right now, so that's a fine addition. The funny thing is that...

Now that's a fine co-inky-dink if ever I did see one.

What's even funnier (to me anyway) is that I was thinking about the GL builds in DCa as well as the two I've done (Arisia, and a Sector 1003 build) and realized they should have Quick Change. And lo and behold... you included it.

Speaking of GLs and Quick Change, I was considering two ranks with limited to a Green/ Black/ White color scheme for a net cost of one point...

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Bladewind wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:Nice, Arisia, Bladewind. Glad to see some new merchandise from other contributors and I am all about the GL-verse right now, so that's a fine addition. The funny thing is that...

Now that's a fine co-inky-dink if ever I did see one.

What's even funnier (to me anyway) is that I was thinking about the GL builds in DCa as well as the two I've done (Arisia, and a Sector 1003 build) and realized they should have Quick Change. And lo and behold... you included it.

Speaking of GLs and Quick Change, I was considering two ranks with limited to a Green/ Black/ White color scheme for a net cost of one point...

Considering the events of the last couple of GL books, I think that might be the way to go.

Going back to your point about effects limited by Will rank, I assume that would not apply to combat maneuvers like Power Attack, but I didn't think about the Extra Effort rank raising. I may have to add a point onto some of my GLs Will saves just for that.
Shop J-Mart!

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby Gazman » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote: Going back to your point about effects limited by Will rank, I assume that would not apply to combat maneuvers like Power Attack, but I didn't think about the Extra Effort rank raising. I may have to add a point onto some of my GLs Will saves just for that.

I don't think that's necessary. Using extra effort is just for one round and the system is designed to have it go beyond what's normally permissible. If you have GLs with will ranks one higher than their ring array ranks to leave room, then you're saying that Hal, John, and Guy aren't using their rings to the best of their abilities. And we know that ain't the case. Hell, I've seen the ring yell at John for using more willpower than it can handle.

Still loving your stuff, Thorp.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Ladies' Weekend - Green Light Specials

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:01 pm

Yes, one of the things about Extra Effort is that it specifically ignores PL limits. I think lettin it slide for the GL Will-Rank thing is perfectly ok, too.

Personally, I don't care for that concept anyway. I remember when Superman was powerless after Infinite Crisis, Hal gives him a Power Ring. Going by Clark's will, he wouldn't have made such a hot GL, when we all know he'd be great at it. Same thing with Batman.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: J-Mart: Ladies' Weekend - Green Light Specials

Postby Gazman » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:10 am

Arthur Eld wrote:Yes, one of the things about Extra Effort is that it specifically ignores PL limits. I think lettin it slide for the GL Will-Rank thing is perfectly ok, too.

Personally, I don't care for that concept anyway. I remember when Superman was powerless after Infinite Crisis, Hal gives him a Power Ring. Going by Clark's will, he wouldn't have made such a hot GL, when we all know he'd be great at it. Same thing with Batman.

Word. The way I did it in second edition was that every GL got the same ring and then different amounts of power reserve and enhanced feats. The "Will" Save was a different game mechanic from the "Will Power Reserve" Power that didn't mean anything unless you already had the ring. And so you didn't need Hal's willpower to complete overshadowing that of Supes or Bats (both big will types themselves) to have it all work out.

But Thorp is working with the offical builds and doing a good job of creating distinctions while still working within the system of that weakness complication.

Return to “Roll Call”