J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: MANUARY - MAN Mountain Marko, Wonder MAN x2

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:26 am

Love the Wonder Man builds Thorp, as well as the background for the first one. My jobs always take me further and further from town and my comic reading gets less and less, but little tidbits like you included at least let me have SOME idea what's going on. Of course it also firms up my desire for somebody to put Michael Bendis out of my misery.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: MANUARY - MAN Mountain Marko, Wonder MAN x2

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Horsenhero wrote:Love the Wonder Man builds Thorp, as well as the background for the first one. My jobs always take me further and further from town and my comic reading gets less and less, but little tidbits like you included at least let me have SOME idea what's going on. Of course it also firms up my desire for somebody to put Michael Bendis out of my misery.
I've certainly felt that way about Bendis from time to time as well. But most of his stuff I like, and overall Marvel has done their crossovers SO much better than DC, I have to at least give him some props for that. And he did make my boy Luke Cage relevant again, so he's gets some leeway.

I feel a slippage coming in my reading too. I have about 10 pulls, but I think it's going to drop to about 4-5. Not a lot is grabbing me right now.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:40 pm

I just did something really destructive just...because...must still be...

MANUARY!

And we've got a another MAN...well...kinda...hitting the Aisle 2 shelves!

Bad Dragon Man! First you chew up my boots, then my shield!!! Bad Dragon Man! Where is a big ass rolled up newspaper when you need one!

DRAGON MAN (CLASSIC)
PL: 12 (165 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -3

SKILLS: Athletics (+14), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+9), Deception (-3), Insight (+1), Intimidation 11 (+8), Perception (+1), Persuasion (-3), Ranged Combat [Blast] 8 (+8Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Takedown (1), Trance

POWERS:
Dragon Size: Growth 6 (+6 Str, +6 Sta, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth, +3 Intimidation, Speed +0, +6 Mass; Extra: Innate); 13 pts
Dragon Tail: Extra Limbs 1 (Tail), Extra: Reach 2 (15 ft; on Unarmed Damage); 3 pts
Dragon Wings: Flight 3 (16 mph; Flaw: Winged); 3 pts
Android Physiology: Protection 3, Impervious 6, Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects); 45 pts
Methane Breath: 28 pt array; 30 pts
Methane Blast: Ranged Damage 14; 28 pts
Methane Line: Line Area Damage 12 (Extra: Area Line [30 ft]); 1 pt
Methane Cone: Cone Area Damage 12 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +0
Methane Blast +8 [Methane Blast +14]
Special Attack [Methane Cone +12, Cone Area; Methane Line +12, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +16 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Dragon Man can occasionally say a few words here and there, but generally has a hard time communicating with people
Relationships: Dragon Man is a sucker for pretty ladies and can be easily swayed by them and generally refuses to attack them
Responsibility: To whoever his master is at the time, usually Diablo
Vulnerable: His android physiology makes him vulnerable to cold based attacks, EMPs and hypersonics

Abilities 34 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 94 + Defenses 17 = 165 / 165

Comments: Ah, The Dragon MAN, a long time Marvel U punching bag for the big powerhouses, like The Thing and Hercules. I made him pretty tough, so he won’t be an easy out for any of them, but he’s not going to be too serious of a threat because he’s pretty much a dumb beast. I do plan on making a new FF-Valeria Richards-re-programmed version soon, though.
Shop J-Mart!

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: J-Mart 3E: The Bride, Ms. Gard, Malks, Shellycobbs

Post by Emerald Flame » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote: Well, I was looking for someone more Bridgette Nielson circa 1988, but I couldn't find anyone I liked so I went with Charlize, knowing full well that if she was to get that part in a Dresden Files movie, she would bulk up to play the role like she went all beat down and scary for Monster.

How about this one for Sigrund Gard???

Emerald Flame's 3e Builds
Emerald Flame's 2e Misc. Builds

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

JetstreamGW
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re: J-Mart: MANUARY - Wonder MAN x2, Dragon MAN

Post by JetstreamGW » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Hay Thorp! This guy's got a question for ya

http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopi ... =1&t=43003

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: MANUARY - Wonder MAN x2, Dragon MAN

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:04 pm

JetstreamGW wrote:Hay Thorp! This guy's got a question for ya

http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopi ... =1&t=43003
Eld had my back, fortunately. But Mrs. Thorpacolypse got a promotion (yay) so we have to move (boo) so I am spending about every waking minute trying to get Thorpe’s Deep ready for sale. So you probably won’t hear much from me the next few weeks while we go through the process. Should be good overall, but moving is a pain in the ass.

But I am sure I will have to take a break from painting and cleaning soon so hopefully I will be able to finish MANUARY with a bang, but my plans for a big Black History Month Sale are going to be out the window.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: The Bride, Ms. Gard, Malks, Shellycobbs

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Emerald Flame wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote: Well, I was looking for someone more Bridgette Nielson circa 1988, but I couldn't find anyone I liked so I went with Charlize, knowing full well that if she was to get that part in a Dresden Files movie, she would bulk up to play the role like she went all beat down and scary for Monster.

How about this one for Sigrund Gard???

I like!
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:11 pm

We're taking a break from working around the house and MANUARY to fill a request. Check it out on our Mortal Kombat aisle!

I am Shao Kahn! And you will bow to me!

SHAO KAHN
PL: 15 (236 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 13, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 6, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+15), Deception 7 (+11) [Taunt], Expertise [Magic] 8 (+12) [Ritualist], Expertise [Science] 8 (+10), Insight 4 (+10), Intimidation 11 (+15), Perception 3 (+9), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Blast] 5 (+12), Ranged Combat [Hammer] 5 (+12), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Damaging Escape*, Diehard, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (3) (Unarmed, Hammer 2), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Japanese), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4), Ritualist, Takedown (1), Taunt

POWERS:
Immortal Physiology: Protection 3, Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Regeneration 1 (1/every 5 rounds); 6 pts
Wrath Hammer: 15 pts traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 9 pts
Hammer Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 5 (Extra: Penetrating 10); 15 pts
Hammer Dance: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Multiattack 13); 13 pts
Hammer Throw: Bludgeoning Strength-based Ranged Damage 5; 1 pt

Dark Magic: 36 pts traits; 37 pts
Green Skull Blast: Ranged Damage 18; 36 pts
Explosive Ball: Ranged Burst Area Damage 12 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +12 [Wrath Hammer +18, Critical 18-20; Hammer Dance +15, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +13, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Dark Magic +12 [Dark Magic Blast +18],
Hammer Throw +12 [Wrath Hammer Blast +18, Critical 18-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +18, Fortitude +15, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: His supreme confidence in his abilities has caused him to underestimate his opponents and has led to his downfall on several occasions
Enemy: Raiden and any of his allies
Motivation: Conquering Earthrealm

Abilities 116 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 54 + Defenses 16 = 236 / 236

Comments: As requested (repeatedly) by Mike5000us, here is Shao Kahn from Mortal Kombat. I was really winging him since I never ran into him in the game, but from what I gathered, he was a fine boss character, although he would probably be closer to PL11 against a PL10 MK PC. But I wanted him to be close to Raiden’s class, but not too close because I know that Raiden has fought him and Shang Tsung together and held his own, so he gets a PL13 for now.

Shang Tsung is coming eventually so don’t fret, Mike, but I need to get back to the men before the month is out and with everything I have to do, I don't know if I'll get to finish MANUARY before it ends! :shock:
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart: MANUARY - Dragon MAN, Shao Kahn

Post by Mike5000us » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Hmmm Shao Kahn was equivalent to Darksied in DC vs Mortal. It was Quan Chi that fought with Shang Tsung against Raiden. Even in the newest Mortal Kombat 9, Shao Kahn was depicted as being more powerful than Raiden. In fact Raiden needed the help of the elder gods to defeat him. Raiden never held his own against him on his own. It was Shao Kahn that ultimately defeated Blaze becoming the supreme ruler of the realms. So I am surprised you listed him as being weaker than Raiden.
"Ah man, I guess I'm just going to have to kill you now!"

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Mike5000us wrote:Hmmm Shao Kahn was equivalent to Darksied in DC vs Mortal. It was Quan Chi that fought with Shang Tsung against Raiden. Even in the newest Mortal Kombat 9, Shao Kahn was depicted as being more powerful than Raiden. In fact Raiden needed the help of the elder gods to defeat him. Raiden never held his own against him on his own. It was Shao Kahn that ultimately defeated Blaze becoming the supreme ruler of the realms. So I am surprised you listed him as being weaker than Raiden.
Ah, poop, I got confused. It was Quan Chi, not him that fought against Raiden. Like I said, I didn't play the game a lot. I will amp him up in the not too distant future.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:08 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Mike5000us wrote:Hmmm Shao Kahn was equivalent to Darksied in DC vs Mortal. It was Quan Chi that fought with Shang Tsung against Raiden. Even in the newest Mortal Kombat 9, Shao Kahn was depicted as being more powerful than Raiden. In fact Raiden needed the help of the elder gods to defeat him. Raiden never held his own against him on his own. It was Shao Kahn that ultimately defeated Blaze becoming the supreme ruler of the realms. So I am surprised you listed him as being weaker than Raiden.
Ah, poop, I got confused. It was Quan Chi, not him that fought against Raiden. Like I said, I didn't play the game a lot. I will amp him up in the not too distant future.
Ok, he's updated to PL15. Puts him in line with the other top dogs in my DCA setting.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:44 pm

We're not stocking as fast as we normally do, but the J-Mart warehouse is still full so we're rolling out a few builds to keep the customers coming in. Check out this new item for Aisle 2!

Who?

THE OWL
PL: 9 (159 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics (+4), Close Combat [Claws] 3 (+13), Deception 7 (+10), Expertise [Accountant] 6 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 7 (+11), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 8 (+11) [Startle], Investigation 5 (+9) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion 4 (+7), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 3 (+8), Stealth (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Benefit (4) (Status – Major Crime lord, Wealth 3 [Millionaire]), Chokehold, Clean* (2), Contacts, Diehard, Equipment (6), Favored Environment (Flying), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Startle, Tough* (2), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Owl Physiology: Senses 7 (Normal Vision [Extended, Radius], Darkvision [Radius], Normal Hearing [Extended, Acute]), Protection 1, Flight 3 (16 mph/250 fpr, Flaw: Gliding); 11 pts
Talons: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Dangerous); (Extra: Split); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
30 pts for weapons, vehicles, HQ

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +4]
Claws +13 [Claws/Teeth +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +5
Firearms +8

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Spider-Man, Daredevil
Monstrous Appearance: Over time, his additional experimental with his mutation has made him more and more birdlike and thusly unable to blend into normal society
Motivation: Money and power
Rivalry: With other big time New York mob bosses like The Kingpin, Mister Negative and The Hood

Abilities 72 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 14 + Defenses 18 = 159 / 159

Build Comments: Granted, he’s very Silver Age-y, but the Owl makes for a good second tier superhuman crime boss. I probably overpowered him, but I did want him to be a good challenge for the bigger name street level heroes. Leland Owlsley has been around a long time in the Marvel U, pestering DD and Spidey and the other New York street level heroes until he was recently whacked by The Hood, but I think he's back already since you can't keep a good Owl down.

Secret Origins: Leland Owlsley was once a successful financier and financial investor, nicknamed "The Owl of Wall Street" for his financial wisdom, until evidence of his tax evasion and crooked business deals were exposed by the IRS. Rather than fight the charges, he took up residence in a hideout across the Hudson River and pursued a new career as a crime lord. The Owl had already been pooling a percentage of his earnings into researching superpowered enhancements, and by this time these efforts had yielded a serum which gave him the ability to fly.

The Story so Far: The Owl fought Daredevil, who defeated him, although he managed to escape. A subsequent encounter led him to jail, but only for misdemeanor. The Owl left the jail soon after that on parole and immediately kidnapped the judge who had convicted him. Daredevil rescued the judge, but the Owl escaped.

Wanting to avoid Daredevil and the police, the Owl decided to "fly low" to avoid attention, and moved to San Francisco. There he met Mr. Kline, another criminal who sent the Owl to capture Daredevil. However, Daredevil was helped by the Black Widow and he was again defeated, and again ran away before being jailed.

The Owl was later stricken with a debilitating ailment resulting in the paralysis of his legs. He returned to New York, and recruited the Man-Bull. He attempted to kidnap a neurologist to cure his ailment, but was foiled by Daredevil. He was later rescued by his henchmen, and fitted with a neurological pacemaker to cure his ailment. He battled Daredevil and Spider-Man, and was incapacitated when his pacemaker short-circuited. The Owl was confined to a life-support module designed by the Maggia. He schemed to loot New York under cover of a city-wide blackout, but was captured by Spider-Man and the Black Widow. No longer confined to the module, he later engaged in a gang war against Doctor Octopus in an attempt to usurp the Kingpin's position as the crime boss of New York's underworld. He encountered Spider-Man and the Black Cat, and was beaten by Doctor Octopus.

Over the years the Owl has become less and less human as a result of bizarre experiments he has subjected himself to in efforts to improve his natural ability to glide and repair damage to his spine that rendered him a paraplegic. The Owl once needed to use an exoskeleton to walk but has since recovered from this injury.

The Owl started to re-establish his presence in the criminal underworld with the absence of the Kingpin. He began to enlarge his criminal empire by refining Mutant Growth Hormone from his own genetic material, though Daredevil was able to get him arrested (Despite some sources, the Owl is NOT a mutant. MGH has been refined from non-mutants in the past, such as Mattie Franklin, the mystically-powered Spider-Woman).

He managed to manipulate things from behind the scenes and get the Kingpin arrested for a past murder when it looked like Fisk was going to make a deal with the FBI. The deal in question involved Matt Murdock being arrested for being Daredevil. When Foggy Nelson, representing Murdock in court, visited him in jail, he was apparently killed by the other prisoners. The Owl later taunted Murdock about this, and Murdock, who had become unhinged due to his friend's death, brutally beat the Owl. Unbeknownst to the two of them, Foggy was alive at the time and in witness protection.

Later, the Owl escaped prison and stole Deathlok from S.H.I.E.L.D., killing four agents in the process. He set up an auction in hopes of selling him off to the highest bidder to other supervillains. However, he did not ask permission of The Hood and the Hood subsequently stole Deathlok from the Owl and shot the Owl.

The Owl has since then appeared in police custody. He was subsequently freed by the Kingpin, who sought to employ him as part of his plan to take revenge on The Hand. He took Dakota North captive and implied he would torture and sexually assault her in order to get information on Daredevil, who then appeared and cut every nerve in both his arms and legs using a sword the Owl had tried to attack him with.

Members of Owl's gang were shown fighting in a gang war with the Maggia at a scrapyard. Hammerhead shot the gang while Silvermane was fed to a metal crusher. This led to the legend of the Head of Silvermane, whose head allegedly popped off his cyborg body, still alive and in The Owl’s possession.

Rumor has it that The Owl has been showing a renewed strength in his gang thanks to a new assassin that he has employed that has been killing The Owl’s foes with a variety of bladed weapons.

Characterization: The Owl is a ruthless mob boss with no other desires that to rule the New York underworld and cause as much mayhem as possible while doing it.

Friends and Foes: The Owl has run afoul of just about every mob boss and superhero in New York, with particularly strong rivalries with Daredevil, Spider-Man and The Kingpin.

Clean Up 12/20/13: The Owl gets a Superior Thorpacoverse review.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:08 pm

We've got a RED, WHITE AND BLUE special for Aisle 2!

And God bless America...

NUKE
PL: 10 (139 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 6 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+13), Expertise [Military] 10 (+10), Insight (+1), Intimidation 10 (+10), Perception 6 (+7), Stealth 8 (+11), Vehicles 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (1), Diehard, Equipment (7), Great Endurance, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Last Stand*, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (8), Takedown (1), Withstand Damage* (1)

POWERS:
Cyborg Physique: Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Protection 2, Impervious 4 (Flaw: Limited to ballistics), Immunity 5 (Fatigue Effects, Flaw: Limited [half effect]), Enhanced Advantages 3 (Diehard, Last Stand*, Withstand Damage*); 13 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(35 pts)
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Arsenal: (25 pts)
.50-caliber Machine Gun: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 7; 21 pt
RPG: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 8, Burst Area 4, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius); 1 pt
Heavy Flamethrower: Fire Damage 8, Extra: Line Area [30 ft line]/Cone Area [60 ft cone]; 1 pt
Fragmentation Grenades: Ranged Area Burst Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius); 1 pt
Assault Rifle: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 5; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +12 [Knife +8, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +7]
Ranged Attack +12 [Heavy Pistol +4; .50 Cal Machine Gun +7, Multiattack; RPG +8, Area Burst]
Special Attack [Frag Grenades +5, Burst Area; Flamethrower +8, Line Area/Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10 (+4 Impervious against Ballistics), Fortitude +12, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Insanity: The experiments on him and the trauma he has experienced have made him pretty much totally insane and he can only function via control from his unknown handlers
Power Loss: Nuke takes three types of pills that can affect his abilities: a red one to increase his adrenaline (without it, he loses his Great Endurance and Immunity: Fatigue), a white on that brings him down and a blue one that relaxes him. These pills are all placebos and the affect is purely psychological

Abilities 66 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 13 + Defenses 15 = 139 / 139

Build Comments: Nuke is one of those characters that Marvel used to take another shot at the government. Long story short, he was traumatized by a brainwashed Wolverine as a teenager, then taken into the Weapon Plus program, pretty much had his mind wiped, got cybernetic implants and is now basically just a government weapon, only able to follow commands of a controlling officer. He has second heart which allows him to function at a high adrenalin level all the time and tap into extra rage via pills that send him into a rage and then there are other pills to bring him down.

He’s pretty much a pure mayhem causing tank and he’s hung with Cap, DD and Wolvie so I felt OK about PL10. But since his mind is gone, his lack of skills and feats make him very cheap.

Secret Origins: The disturbed son of a wealthy, abusive, alcoholic, upper-class woman in Ohio, Frank soon developed an unhealthy affection for his babysitter, the only real maternal figure in his life. The young woman, who was harboring feelings for his father Charles, capitalized on Frank's affection and talked the boy into killing his mother. Wolverine, who at that time was an operative for Weapon Plus, had been sent to kidnap Frank Simpson. Wolverine showed up, dressed as a cop. He then stalked Charles Simpson and the babysitter, eventually shooting the girl with Charles' gun, after which Charles committed suicide. Wolverine then went to Frank's place and abducted him for the supersoldier project.

Years later, Frank Simpson was sent into the Vietnam War as a black-ops agent. Captured by the Viet Cong, Frank was severely tortured by Logan, who was posing as a Russian intelligence liaison, shattering Frank's still unbalanced mind. While torturing him he implanted the phrase "No V.C.!" as a trigger word, along with the compulsion to kill gruesomely, in retaliation for the tortures suffered, anyone who uttered the words. He then allowed Frank to escape, testing his work with a village of peasants, who, seeing an American soldier, tried to soothe his anger and convince him to spare them, shouting the "No V.C.!" phrase, meaning that they weren't Viet Cong. Frank, in response to the trigger word, burnt the village to the ground killing every inhabitant. The experiment being a success, Logan was installed as his handler. Due to his trauma, Nuke often hallucinates that the enemies he is fighting are the Viet Cong.

At some time during the war, Nuke was inducted into the final part of the Project Homegrown, the Weapon VII program that turned him in a partial cyborg with a sub dermal mesh able to deflect bullets, and a second heart that, working in conjunction with some (placebo) pills, controlled his aggression, leaving him addicted as well.

The Story so Far: Kingpin gained access to Nuke via government officials he had blackmailed and manipulated the fragile soldier into believing Daredevil hated America and is his sworn enemy in a bid to have Nuke attack his nemesis. Nuke attacked Hell's Kitchen, causing massive damage and causalities as Daredevil battled him with help from the Avengers.

Later, learning that Nuke was an attempt to recreate the process which empowered him, Captain America and Daredevil join forces to try and protect Nuke from the government and US Army who are trying to kill him as his attack on Hell's Kitchen incriminates them. The heroes are unsuccessful and Nuke is shot and appears to die as Daredevil rushes his body to the Daily Bugle so Ben Urich can expose the whole conspiracy. Nuke survived, however, and was taken into government custody, kept hidden away, and deployed for black-ops missions. His survival was made known to Captain America and the X-Men when the government sent him after Wolverine.

During Norman Osborn’s Dark Reign, he was outfitted as the new Scourge and joined Norman Osborn's Thunderbolts squad and led the team in a mission to capture and execute Black Widow and Songbird. His teammates Headsman and Paladin refused to obey his orders to murder the two women in cold blood, which led to an intense fight between them. It only ended when Ghost phased through Nuke's head, causing Nuke to pass out.

Characterization: Nuke is the victim of decades of systematic physical and mental abuse and conditioning at the hands of various individuals working for the United States government. As a result, Nuke is insane. He is now little more than a puppet in the hands of his current handler, and able only to follow issued commands.

Friends and Foes: He only has the foes against the America he believed in fighting for and works for whoever controls him at the time.

Clean Up 11/8/13: Updated Nuke while he gets the Superior Thorpacoverse treatment.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:59 am

Taking our allotted once a week break from the moving process, we've got a PINK LIGHT SPECIAL for Aisle 1!

And so death comes to Gotham...

FLAMINGO
PL: 11 (155 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 7 (+10), Deception (-1), Expertise [Assassin] 6 (+8), Insight (+2), Intimidation 11 (+10), Investigation 8 (+10), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 5 (+15), Sleight of Hand 4 (+9), Stealth 9 (+13), Vehicles 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (4), Defensive Roll (4), Equipment (7), Fearless, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (2) (Firearms, Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Weapon (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Spanish), Last Stand*, Power Attack, Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1), Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Face Eater: Feature 1 (Iron Stomach); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(35ep)
4ep as needed for situation
Arsenal: (20ep)
Fragmentation Grenades: Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Ranged Area Burst, Range 25 ft; 15ep
Sniper Rifle: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Critical 19-20; 125 ft range, Large; 1ep
Heavy Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4; 100 ft range, Small; 1ep
Whip: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 1, Reach x3 [15 ft], Improved Trip, Improved Grab, Small; 1ep
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20; Medium; 1ep
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 1ep
Vehicle: (11ep)
Flamboyant Pink Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8 (Extras: Hidden Compartments); 11ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +16 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20; Whip +4; Sword +6, Critical 19-20; Knife +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +10
Firearms +15 [Sniper Rifle +5, Critical 19-20; Heavy Pistol +4, Critical 19-20]
Special Attack [Frag Grenades +5, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Batman and Robin, Red Hood
Mental Instability: After being lobotomized and brainwashed by the Mexican mob, he is prone to irrational behavior and violent mood swings
Obsession: Killing his victims. Until he ran into Batman, Robin, Red Hood and Scarlet, he had never failed to kill a target

Abilities 62 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 36 + Powers 1 + Defenses 24 = 155 / 155

Comments: Only Grant Morrison could come up with a character with this type of dichotomy. Eduardo Flamingo is kind of a new character that was recently shown in Morrison’s latest Batman and Robin book. He was actually mentioned (or shown, I can’t recall) in Batman #666 where it was a futuristic look at Damian as Batman, so as usual, Morrison had to have him show up now to set up the future rivalry.

Despite his pink attire, he is a brutal psychopath, a Mexican serial killer/assassin who is known for eating his victim’s faces and despite his insanity, he is highly sought after because he had, up until messing with Jason, Dick, Damian and Scarlet (Red Hood’s answer to Robin for a bit), a perfect kill record. Even so, he took them all on at once and he managed to kneecap Jason with his gun, throw Dick off of a roof and shoot Damian 5 times in the back before he was taken down with unexpected teamwork from Scarlet, Dick and Jason.

He was written as a major badass, enough that I made him PL11. I know that most villains are WAY more powerful in their first showings than they end up but I'm sticking with it for now since he really had all four of them on the ropes and if recall correctly from Batman #666, Damian hunted him for years before being able to put him down and that says something since, unlike Bruce, he had no compunctions about killing villains in his run as Batman and was nearly as capable overall as Bruce.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:36 pm

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY from J-Mart! Even though we resent the commercialism of the day, we must relent to the pressure of a holiday special and what better way to celebrate a day that is mainly for the ladies than by kicking off another run of J-Mart's greatest tradition; LADIES' NIGHT! Check out this new item!

I can see guys losing their heads over her, but really...

EVA THE DAUGHER OF DRACULA
PL: 10 (159 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+11), Athletics 6 (+11), Deception (+2), Expertise [Monster Hunter] 7 (+9), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 3 (+5), Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+7), Stealth 4 (+10), Treatment 3 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Attractive (1), Benefit (2), Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Diehard, Equipment (2), Evasion (1), Favored Foe, Improved Critical (1) (Long Blades), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (2 others, Base: English), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1), Tracking

POWERS:
Half Vampire Physiology: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Senses 5 (Darkvision, Detect Supernatural Creatures [Mental, Ranged, Extended, Accurate]), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph), Regeneration 2 (1/every 3 rounds); 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
2ep for various monster hunting EQ
Arsenal: (8ep)
Twin Silver Swords: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Extra: Split, Feature 1 (Silver), Medium; 6ep
Crossbow with Wooden Bolts: Piercing Ranged Damage 3, Critical 19-20; 75ft range, Medium; 1ep
Silver Dagger: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +5; Silver Swords +8, Critical 18-20; Silver Dagger +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +10 [Crossbow +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: She is a relentless monster hunter and her father is pretty much the greatest monster of all, so there's a bit of conflict there
Responsibility: To destroy supernatural evil in all its forms
Rivalry: Elsa Bloodstone. It's more Elsa than her, but both believe themselves to be the best at what they do in the realm of monster hunting

Abilities 80 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 11 + Defenses 16 = 159 / 159

Comments: So I am a well-known fan of The Darkness and I decided to pick up the crossover between Jackie and Eva and it was pretty good. I only have 2 out of the 4, so I need to get the others, but anyway, Eva is the daughter of one of Dracula’s lovers and her mother committed suicide once she learned who the father was. But Dracula was able to save Eva and she ended up being raised by the church who taught her the “right” path and she became a monster hunter.

I can so see her and Elsa Bloodstone teaming up for the serious monster killing and I will have to get cracking on an Elsa build soon.
Shop J-Mart!