J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Iron Maiden, Lodestone and a Customer Survey

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:09 pm

I am between #2 and #3.. but i think leave well enough alone.. I just don't have it in me to do the massive updates i need to be doing with a lot of my stuff anymore. lol :D

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: Iron Maiden, Lodestone and a Customer Survey

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanks for all the input, guys. After a night's sleep and a good look at my stuff (and the fact that options 2 and 3 tied by my count although I think Saint Matthew's Option 4 has a TON of merit :wink:), I am pretty sure that I'm going to combine my threads back here and do some cleaning to get things more streamlined like I want them. My current plan is to rework the first few pages then go through and start updating/deleting/adding builds that I have at my other thread. I am going to be lowering some my original canon-based builds here (like my PL15 Thor, Omni-Man, Hulk, etc.) to the levels I have there since I am really wanting to make my builds as I want them and not worrying about keeping them in line with the DCU builds. I'm keeping the PCs, though, and I'm going to put them on the same Aisles as the NPC versions. I think that's easier to follow so the intro pages will be Work in Progress for a little while.

I'll also be resetting the Thorpacoverse setting pages over here with a few tweaks. One thing I wanted to tweak was my combined Justice League. I liked the idea at first, but I think I am going to separate the League and The Avengers again but mix up the teams, like having Black Panther in the League and someone like Hawkman on The Avengers and such. They'll still have plenty of crossover, though, as I might keep them all under one umbrella with separate sub-teams. Still thinking on the specifics.

I will start moving stuff around this weekend and then things will be iffy for a while. Next week will be our last week here in MO so I will be packing, going to tons of farewell things and then I will be sans WIFI for about 10 days unless I can get my modem from my new provider quicker than the 5-7 business days they quoted me. Torture I tells ya, tooooorture! :shock:

Thanks again for shopping at J-Mart!
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: Remodeling and Importing in Process...

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:58 pm

I'll fix this up later, this is just for fixing the index...
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:44 am

We're going to add some new items to our Villains Line tonight as we begin work on one of our favorite kinda jobber teams, The Marauders. Check out this new item on Aisle 2!

I don't care how visually cool her power is, she's still going to get pwned.

CHIMERA
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Swords] 2 (+12), Deception 7 (+10/+12) [Attractive], Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+8), Insight (+2), Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+3/+5) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Guns] 3 (+10), Sleight of Hand 5 (+9), Stealth 5 (+8), Technology 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (4), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (2 others, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3)

POWERS:
Psionic Dragon Summoning: 25 pt array; 28 pts
Dragon Body Strike: Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Reach 5 [30 ft], Split, Flaw: Noticeable); 25 pts
Dragon Mind Strike: Affliction 10 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Reach 5 [30 ft], Split, Flaw: Noticeable); 1 pt
Telepathy: Mind Reading 10 (Extra: Subtle); 1 pt
Illusions: Illusion 8 (Visual, Auditory; Extra: Selective, Flaw: Resistible); 1 pt[/1]

EQUIPMENT:
(20ep)
Interdimensional Weapon Arsenal: (20ep)
Blaster Rifle: Energy Ranged Damage 8; Range 200ft, Large; 16ep
Cutlass: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20; Medium; 1ep
3ep for other weapons as needed

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2; Dragon Strike Afflictions +10]
Swords +12 [Cutlass +5, Critical 19-20
Ranged Attack +7
Guns +10 [Blaster Rifle +8]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Wolverine
Mental Instability: There are some that question her sanity. And those people are smart
Motivation: As an Interdimensional pirate, she is all about the booty. Pirate booty, that is

Abilities 56 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 28 + Defenses 23 = 150 / 150

Comments: Chimera is a character that originally started out as a Wolverine foe then kind of disappeared for a while. She showed up with the Sisterhood of Mutants during that arc, then now she is leading a new version of The Marauders, so she gets a spot during this run.

I have never seen her in action so this is all wiki fueled, but I guess her psionic dragons do damage externally and psionically so I gave her an option for either type of affliction and I tagged on her telepathy and illusion casting as well.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed May 23, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:02 pm

Another new item for Aisle 2 continues our Marauding Run!

No hard feelings. Nothing personal. It's our job. We're pros. The best. Marauders! Don't feel sad youngster -- 'cause where you're going... you'll soon have lots of company. - Scalphunter

SCALPHUNTER
PL: 10 (158 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 6 (+9), Deception (+1), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+6), Expertise [Weapon Crafting] 9 (+10), Insight 6 (+9) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+8), Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Guns] 3 (+13), Stealth 8 (+11), Technology 12 (+13), Vehicles 2 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Assessment, Defensive Roll (2), Diehard, Equipment (2), Favored Foe (X-Men), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1) (Guns), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (Comanche, 4 others, Base: English), Leadership, Power Attack, Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack (4), Quick Draw, Takedown (1), Tracking

POWERS:
Longevity: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Regeneration 1 (1/every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent); 4 pts
Weapon Assembly: Enhanced Skills 3 (Technology 6 ranks), Transform 5 (25 lbs.; Weapon parts into finished firearm; Extra: Duration [Continuous], Action [Move Action], Flaw: Check Required [Technology]); 18 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep):
Costume: Protection 2, Feature 3 (Various Weapon Components 3); 5ep
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 2ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +3; Knife +4, 19-20 Critical]
Ranged Attack +10
Guns +13 [19-20 Critical]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: As he has gotten older, John has begun to question his path in life and is torn between making amends and what he has been for so long
Motivation: Marauding
Prejudice: Mutant

Abilities 62 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 22 + Defenses 21 = 158 / 158

Comments: Scalphunter is about the lone decent character out of the Marauders. He initially came off as bloodthirsty as the others, but over time, he has begun to question has role and is now an ally of the X-Men on Utopia. But I like him as a Marauder, where he was usually the field leader and one of the hardest to take down since he can fight well, has a slight healing factor and can create weapons in lightning speed from his suit of weapon components. I’ve seen it done a couple of ways, but I decided to go with a Transform effect. I know that is used as an attack method, but I did the math on a Variable Power like 2Es Weapon Summoning, and it come out the same cost, so I think the Transform shows what I want to occur better.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat May 26, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:08 pm

We're still adding to our X-Villains Line with this new item for Aisle 2!

Ladies and gentlemen, the definition of "glass cannon".

PRISM
PL: 10 (111 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 3 (+3), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 2 (+2), Perception 3 (+4), Ranged Combat [Blast] 6 (+8), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Favored Foe (X-Men), Improved Initiative (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Crystalline Body: Protection 2, Immunity 30 (Life Support, Energy Effects); 32 pts
Light Redirection: 20 pt array; 22 pts
Dazzling Burst: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Selective, Flaw: Limited to visual); 20 pts
Energy Blast: Energy Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Variable Descriptor 2 [Energy Absorbed], Flaw: Fades); 1 pt
Energy Burst: Burst Area Energy Damage 10 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft raidus], Variable Descriptor 2 [Energy Absorbed], Flaw: Fades); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +2
Energy Blasts +8 [Energy Blast +12]
Special Attack [Dazzling Burst Affliction +10, Area Burst; Energy Burst +10, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
REALLY Fragile: He is well known for his fragility so if he takes a critical hit, he is incapacitated immediately and if he fails a DC15 Fortitude check, he shatters completely

Abilities 24 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 54 + Defenses 21 = 111 / 111

Comments: Prism is one of my favorite Marauders because he sucks soooooo badly. His one trick is a visual dazzle and energy redirection, which basically makes him invulnerable to energy attacks, which is great, but outside of that, he’s a true glass cannon, getting shattered loads of times. But Sinister just keeps cloning him and sending back out so you gotta love that.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun May 27, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:10 pm

We're still Marauding here at J-Mart!

She'd probably snap me in half, but still, she's kinda hot...

ARCLIGHT
PL: 10 (142 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 2 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+6), Expertise [Military] 5 (+6), Insight (+2), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Damaging Escape*, Defensive Roll (1), Favored Foe (X-Men), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Startle, Teamwork

POWERS:
Mutant Physiology: Enhanced Strength 1 (50 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Immunity 1 (Pressure); 2 pts
Shockwaves: 25 pt array; 26 pts
Shockwave Burst: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extras: Area Burst 2 [60 ft], Linked, Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Instant Recovery, Limited [Arclight and targets must be on the ground]), Burst Area Damage 10 (Extra: Area Burst 2 [60 ft radius], Linked, Flaw: Arclight and targets must be on the ground]); 25 pts
Shockwave Line: Line Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extras: Area Line 2 [60 ft], Linked, Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Instant Recovery, Limited [Arclight and targets must be on the ground]), Line Area Damage 10 (Extra: Area Line 2 [60 ft radius], Linked, Flaw: Arclight and targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Shockwave Punch: Penetrating 10 on Strength Damage; 1 pt[/url]

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +5
Special Attack [Shockwave Burst +10, Area Burst; Shockwave Line +10, Area Line]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +11, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 72 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 29 + Defenses 15 = 142 / 142

Comments: Arclight has a pretty effective power, even if it’s a pretty standard powerhouse move, which is her shockwaves that can drop a bunch of other characters easily. You throw her power in first, make some X-Men take a move action to get up and then Scrambler can hit one of them pretty quick and cause some real problems. I really didn’t get how tactically solid this team could be until I really started looking at their powers. If you would to throw in a real blaster (Prism doesn’t count), these guys could do some serious, serious damage to a bunch of PL10 heroes.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:14 pm

The X-Villains keep on comin' with this new item for Aisle 2!

He is way evil but you have to give credit where credit is due. Not a lot of people can pull off a green suit.

SCRAMBLER
PL: 11 (128 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Close Combat [Power Scrambling] 4 (+8), Deception 5 (+5), Expertise [Criminal] 3 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation 5 (+5), Perception (+2), Stealth 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Favored Foe (X-Men), Improved Initiative (2), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Korean), Teamwork,

POWERS:
Power Scrambling: 56 pt array; 58 pts
Power Removal: Affliction 14 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Powers Impaired, 2nd: Powers Disabled, 3rd: Transformed [Powerless], Extra: Cumulative, Concentration); 56 pts
Brain Scrambling: Affliction 14 (1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned; 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cumulative); 1 pt
Power Control: Affliction 14 (1st: Powers Impaired, 2nd: Powers Disabled, 3rd: Powers Controlled, Extra: Cumulative, Concentration); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Power Scrambling +8 [Power Removal Affliction +14; Brain Scrambling Affliction +14; Power Control Affliction +14]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Scrambler's power requires skin-to-skin contact which makes it useless against mechanical constructs, battlesuits, etc.

Abilities 30 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 58 + Defenses 23 = 128 / 128

Comments: Another one trick pony for The Marauders, but it’s pretty damn good trick. Scrambler can take nullify superpowers with a touch and he can also causes seizures or flat take over control of your abilities, so he’s basically an Affliction machine. With a +14 save to make, he’s generally going to get some effect right off the bat and with Cumulative, if you don’t take him out right away, he’ll get another fast. I thought about going with Nullify like Jab did on his build, but I wanted to see how this played.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Oh boy, the Shatner's really hit the fan now.

SPACE GHOST
PL: 12 (229 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics 2 (+10), Deception (+3), Expertise [Police] 6 (+8), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion 5 (+8) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 3 (+10), Stealth (+3), Technology 5 (+7), Vehicles 8 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (Status – Eidolon Elite), Close Attack (4), Connected, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (18), Extraordinary Effort, Favored Environment (Space), Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Concealment), Ranged Attack (4), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Space Ghost Suit: 42 pts traits; Removable (-8 pts); 34 pts
Space Adaption: Protection 2, Immunity 7 (Environmental Heat, Environmental Cold, Pressure, Radiation, Vacuum, Suffocation), Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Counters Concealment], Darkvision], Communication [Radio, Jan/Jayce/Blip]); 14 pts
Space Traveler: Flight 10 (2000 mph), Movement 2 (Space Travel 1, Environmental Adaptation [Zero-G]), Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand All Languages); 28 pts[/i]
Inviso-Belt: 29 pts traits; Removable (-6 pts); 23 pts
Inviso-Powers: Concealment 4 (Visual Senses), Insubstantial 4; 28 pts
Force Field: Protection 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 5 (Flaw: Sustained); 1 pt

Power Bands: 33 pts traits; Removable (-7 pts); 26 pts
Power Blasts: Ranged Damage 14 (Extra: Variable Descriptor 3 [Um…lots…Heat, Cold, Electricity, you name it, he's got it programmed into those bands…); 31 pts
Hammering Beam: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack); 1 pt
Tractor Beam: Move Object 14 (Extra: Tether); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(90ep)
Vehicle: (69ep)
The Phantom Cruiser: Size - C, Strength - 15, Flight - 14, Def - 4, Tough - 15, Features (Blaster Cannons [Ranged Damage 12], Tractor Beam [Move Object 14], Movement 3 [Space Travel 3]); 69ep
Headquarters: (21ep)
Ghost Planet Base: Size - C, Toughness - 14, Features - Communications, Computer, Defense System, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolation, Living Space, Power System, Security System

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +7
Power Bands +10 [Power Band Blasts +14; Hammering Blasts +9, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +8 (+12 with Force Field, +5 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Zorak, Moltar, Brak, The Spider Queen, Locar and many others
Fame: One of the greatest heroes in the galaxy, EVERYONE knows of Space Ghost
Relationships: His mentees, Jan and Jayce and their space monkey, Blip
Responsibility: To protect the universe from evil
Rivalry: The Green Lantern Corps, Nova and Quasar

Abilities 60 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 38 + Powers 83 + Defenses 25 = 229 / 229

Comments: Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace Ghoooooooooooooooooost…

That’s right. The greatest superhero of all time is bringing it big time in the Thorpacoverse. He is a galactic protector along the lines of the GL Corps or Nova, and is well known throughout the galaxy as one of it's greatest heroes. His constant self promotion and TV shown seen on over 2000 galactic feeds doesn't hurt the rep, either.

I have more comments, but I am simply taking a break from taking down Christmas decorations and I was so excited about finally getting this build done, I had to post it as a belated b-day present to myself (it was the 30th, and I've been sick so it's taken me a while to get enough time/energy to get back to posting).

And if this isn't the greatest pic ever, it's damn close:

Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:31 pm

We've got another new X-Villain for Aisle 2!

He may suck overall, but he does look pretty freakin' cool.

RIPTIDE
PL: 10 (143 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 3 (+5), Deception (+1), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+6), Insight (+2), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 1 (+3), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Blast] 3 (+10), Stealth (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Attack, Favored Foe (X-Men), Improved Critical (1) (Blade Blast), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Spanish), Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack (3)

POWERS:
Spinning: Enhanced Dodge 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 5 (Flaw: Sustained), Protection 3 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 4 (Flaw: Sustained, Limited to ranged attacks), Immunity 5 (Entrapment, Flaw: Sustained); 24 pts
Bladestorm: 40 pt array; 41 pts
Blade Burst: Piercing/Slashing Burst Area Damage 10 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft], Penetrating, Selective); 40 pts
Blade Blast: Piercing/Slashing Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack, Penetrating); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +7
Blade Blast +10 [Blade Blast +10, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Blade Burst +10, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+15 when Spinning) [DC18/25] Parry +8 (+13 when Spinning) [DC18/23]
Toughness +2 (+5 when Spinning, +4 Impervious when Spinning)
Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 44 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 65 + Defenses 15 = 143 / 143

Comments: Riptide is one of the more dangerous Marauders and because of the cool looking visual style of powers, he usually gets featured in a lot of their battle scenes. I made his Spinning power where it makes him really hard to hit and basically bulletproof, but with a +5 Toughness, a good shot from one of the X-Men heavy hitters will take him out pretty easy.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:39 pm

We're still Marauding with this new item for Aisle 2!

All the Inuit Mutants in the house throw ya hands up!

HARPOON
PL: 10 (132 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 5 (+8), Close Combat [Harpoon] 3 (+11), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+5), Expertise [Fishing] 7 (+7), Insight (+1), Intimidation 5 (+5), Perception 2 (+3), Ranged Combat [Harpoon] 3 (+11), Stealth 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Favored Foe (X-Men), Improved Critical (1) (Harpoons), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base; Inuit), Power Attack, Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1), Tracking

POWERS:
Inuit Physiology: Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Ice/Snow Environments]); 3 pts
Harpoon Charging: 41 pts traits, Easily Removable (-16 pts); 26 pts
Corrosive Harpoon: Energy Ranged Damage 9 (Extra: Penetrating 7, Linked), Weaken Toughness 7 (Extra: Ranged, Linked); 39 pts
Stunning Harpoon: Ranged Affliction 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Explosive Harpoon: Burst Area Energy Ranged Damage 9 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius]); 1 pt [/url]

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Arsenal: (6ep)
Throwing Harpoon: Piercing Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2, Critical 19-20; 60ft range, Medium; 5ep
Harpoon: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Critical 19-20; 60ft range, Medium; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +3]
Harpoon +11 [Harpoon +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +8
Harpoon +11 [Corrosive Harpoon +9, Critical 19-20; Stunning Harpoon Affliction +9, Critical 19-20; Explosive Harpoon +9, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +8, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 50 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 28 + Defenses 18 = 132 / 132

Comments: While certainly lacking in personality, Harpoon doesn’t lack for ability. He’s got that nasty energy harpoon blast going on and he’s actually held his own without his powers for a while with just his harpoon, so I made him fairly good with it even without his blast. But in the end, he’ll still drop, probably die and then get cloned again to fight another day.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:41 pm

This GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL wraps up our Marauding Run!

You know, looking at this pic does make me a little dizzy...

VERTIGO
PL: 11 (126 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 4 (+4), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+5), Insight (+1), Perception 3 (+4), Stealth 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (1), Improved Initiative (2), Seize Initiative, Teamwork

POWERS:
Vertigo Field: Burst Area Affliction 11 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered and Impaired, 2nd: Defenseless and Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extras: Area Burst 2 [60-ft radius], Extra Condition, Cumulative, Selective); 66 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +5
Ranged Attack +3
Special Attack [Vertigo Field Affliction +11, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 28 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 66 + Defenses 20 = 126 / 126

Comments: Behold Vertigo, the queen of the one trick ponies! She ain’t got much else, but she’s got one nasty affliction she can throw at you at people, her Vertigo Field. There’s a reason Storm targeted her and Scrambler first in their big fight near the end of Messiah CompleX, as it was noted, they are the biggest tactical threats to their opponents that the Marauders have. Which is why they usually get beat down first.

I might actually take a run at the Savage Land Mutates, since I never got to them in 2E and they are a fun group of jobbers that are also full of one trick ponies.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:42 pm

Check out this BLACK LIGHT SPECIAL from out Gotham location!

A special ability to predict my opponent's moves. That doesn't begin to describe it. Time... ran together. The future... blending into the moment. A blink of an eye... the knife thrust that follows... both one. It was like... like I could predict my opponent's moves. Okay, that does describe it. But it doesn't do it justice. All this knowledge. No substitute for knowing. - Cassandra Cain

BLACK BAT (CASSANDRA CAIN)
PL: 10 (181 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 9 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+17), Deception (+0), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+6), Insight 13 (+18) [Assessment, Skill Mastery] Intimidation 8 (+8), Investigation 7 (+8), Perception 10 (+15), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+13), Sleight of Hand (+5), Stealth 12 (+18) [Accelerated Stealth, Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery], Technology (+1), Treatment (+1), Vehicles 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Stealth*, Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Defensive Attack, Equipment (11), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (1 [3]) (Unarmed [3]), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (2) (Cantonese, Lakota, Mandarin, Sign Language, 1 other, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (1) (Close, Concealment), Ranged Attack (5), Redirect, Skill Mastery (2) (Insight, Stealth), Takedown (2), Unbalancing Strike*, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Body Language Reading: Immunity 5 (Interaction Effects), Senses 1 (Danger Sense [Visual]), Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Advantages 6 (Evasion, Improved Critical 2 [Unarmed], Improved Initiative, Skill Mastery [Insight], Uncanny Dodge) (Flaw: Resistible by Will [vs. Insight]); 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(55 pts)
Black Bat Costume: Protection 1; 1 pt
Commlink: Communication 3 (Radio, Statewide/Small Nation, Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Limited to Bat Family); 9 pts
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Utility Belt: (28 pts)
Bat Flash Bang Grenade: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware; resisted by Dodge], Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Diminished Range [5/10/25]); 19 pts
Bat Tear Gas Grenades: Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Visually Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Visually Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Diminished Range [5/10/25]); 1 pt
Batarang: Ranged Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; 1 pt
Bat Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1, Flaw: Unreliable (5 uses); 1 pt
Grapple Gun: Movement 1 (Swinging), Ranged Trip; 1 pt
Binoculars: Feature 1 (+5 Perception [Visual at Distance]); 1 pt
Rebreather: Immunity 2 (Suffocation, Flaw: Limited -20 Rounds of Oxygen); 1 pt
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology); 1 pt
Flashlight: Feature 1 (Illumination); 1 pt
Vehicle: (11 pts)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Feature 1 (Navigation System); 11 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +14 [Katana +6, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +17 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20 (Critical 17-20 with Body Language Reading)]
Ranged Attack +10
Throwing +13 [Batarangs +5; Bat Shuriken +1, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Tear Gas Affliction +5, Cloud Area; Flash Bang Affliction +5, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 (+15 with Body Language Reading) [DC23/25] Parry +13 (+15 with Body Language Reading) [DC23/25]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The League of Assassins, Lady Shiva (sometimes), David Cain (sometimes).
Guilt: She feels guilty about killing a man as a child at the direction of her father, David Cain.
Legacy: As the daughter of two of greatest killers in the world, and trained to exceed them, she fights against that future. And also, there are plenty of martial artists/assassins that want to take her on to prove themselves.
Relationships: She is close with Stephanie Brown, Tim Drake, Barbara Gordon, Alfred and sees Bruce Wayne as a father.
Responsibility: To continue Bruce's mission.
Secret Identity: To the world at large, her identity as Cassandra Cain-Wayne is secret.

Abilities 76 + Skills 40 (80 ranks) + Advantages 38 + Powers 8 + Defenses 19 = 181 / 181

Build Comments: Cassandra Cain has always been a fave and I’m glad they are starting to show her again in the New 52. As expected, she is right on par with the best martial artists in the Thorpacoverse

Secret Origins: The daughter of David Cain and Sandra Wu-San (Lady Shiva), Cassandra Cain was conceived and trained from birth with the intention of creating the perfect bodyguard for Ra's al Ghul. After many unsuccessful attempts to train children from birth in martial arts to make them inculcate it like a native language, David Cain, then a member of Ra's League of Assassins, decided the right genes were necessary to create this "One Who Is All".

With Ra's approval Cain searched for the perfect mother for this child, finding her in the Wu-San sisters of Detroit, who practiced martial arts with each other nearly every moment of their childhood in a type of sister's language. Cain sympathized with the younger sister, Sandra, when he noticed that she held back out of love for Carolyn. To "help" Sandra reach her full potential, Cain murdered Carolyn, then lured Sandra into an ambush by the League of Assassins, where he defeated her. Cain spared Sandra from death on the condition that she bear his child, and leave her for him to raise. Awed by the potential heights she could reach in her physical talents now that Carolyn was gone, Sandra agreed to Cain's bargain in order that she might go on to become the unstoppable force of nature known as Lady Shiva: creator and destroyer. Shiva's hope for her child was that she might one day grow to be the one force that could stop her reign of destruction.

Trained by her father to be the ultimate weapon, Cassandra was not taught to speak. Instead, the parts of her brain normally used for speech were trained so she could read other people's movements and body language and predict, with uncanny accuracy, their next move. This also caused her brain to develop learning functions different from most, a form of dyslexia that hampered her ability to read and write.

When she was 8 years old, Cain decided his experiment had progressed far enough for him to test Cassandra's abilities in the real world, and took her to a hit; the target being Faizul, a 'book man' in Macau. At the time Cassandra had no idea what she was doing and believed it was only a game (an interpretation in keeping with her own reaction to what happened, and matching the interpretation of Alfred Pennyworth, an expert on children who saw a tape of events). After striking a deathblow, she "read" the target as he died, and saw death as he saw it. “Terror and then... nothing.”

In addition to scarring her emotionally, she realized murder, like her father's profession, was wrong, and she ran away from her father.

The Story so Far: Cassandra spent the next nine years homeless, beating herself up mentally over what she'd done as she traveled the world. Entering Gotham City at 17 Cassandra came to be one of Oracle's agents in the No Man's Land of Gotham City. After saving Commissioner Gordon's life from her assassin father, she was given the Batgirl costume with the approval of both Batman and Oracle. She became Barbara's ward and in a sense, the Batman's adoptive daughter. As the No Man's Land wore on, the new Batgirl was introduced to the rest of the Bat-clan with varying levels of acceptance. Usually going out under the Batman's watchful eye she was finally allowed to go on a solo mission when a gas station needed guarding against a local gang. Near the end of No Man's Land, Batman noticed her death wish and forced her to make a decision between suicidal actions and self-preservation. She opted for self-preservation.

Despite her notable handicap of being unable to talk, read or write Cassandra did remarkably well. Capable of understanding others' intentions due to her ability to read body language she was a more than capable listener, even if she couldn't reply. It was this trait that made her one of the Batman's most loyal and trusted followers. Although the fact that she couldn't talk frustrated Barbara Gordon, she proved herself useful in other ways. The running successes and final understanding of her mission as Batgirl allowed Batman to give her the privilege of running solo in Gotham City on the condition that she faced no 'costumed criminals'.

From going undercover in Madras with Batman to saving local heroes from the mob, Cassandra continued to impress as the new Batgirl, especially when, despite Batman's warnings, she went face to face with a meta-human and won. But Cassandra's career was not the only thing that was growing. In the background a rift between Oracle and Batman was slowly emerging, as was the growing image of Batman as a father figure in Cassandra's eyes but the major development was David Cain's growing longing to have his daughter back. Batman learned about Cassandra's past when Cain transmitted a tape he had made of Faizul's death to the Batcave. Nevertheless, Batman continued to accept Cassandra. Things became more strained when a run-away psychic altered Cassandra's mind so that she could understand words. As an after effect she lost her ability to read body language and thus, her ability to fight. After she almost died while trying to protect the psychic from assassins, Batman took away her costume and began retraining her.
The training remained ineffective however, perhaps due to Cassandra's dwelling on her lost ability instead of focusing on accumulating more, and Cassandra wanted to roam the streets, with or without the costume.

It was during one of these 'unauthorized' vigilante outings that she encountered her mother. Lady Shiva noted Cassandra's missing skills and offered to train in a way that will allow her to possess them again but in exchange they will fight in one year. A death duel. Cassandra accepted.

Cassandra began training immediately; going after every talented fighter she came across in order to gain more skills. After hearing how notorious the Joker was within the Bat-clan, she freed him in order to apprehend him again in order to gauge just how good he was. Batman and Oracle deduced that Cassandra had not given up her death wish away and that it was due to guilt over her murdering Faizul. They began looking into what had brought the death wish back. They even had Wolverine talk to her but it seemed to have little effect. Her reckless training was interrupted when an Officer Down was called over the frequencies. Batman's longtime ally and friend, Commissioner Gordon had been shot in cold blood.
It was during yet another training session in the Batcave that Cassandra first met her future friend Stephanie Brown (The Spoiler).

It wasn't long until Batman gave her a cave of her own to operate from and her training crusade continued as she found even more powerful opponents. These activities had not gone unnoticed by Batman and Oracle; Despite Oracle's protests Batman allowed Cassandra to continue until the fateful day arrived that Cassandra fought Shiva on the building tops of Gotham City. Shiva won the battle fairly easily, killing Cassandra with a shot to a nerve cluster near the heart. After the battle, within a temple devoted to her, Shiva brought Cassandra back to life and requested another fight. This time, with her death wish satisfied, Cassandra Cain won and became the first to defeat Lady Shiva in martial combat.

Unfortunately the victory would be short lived; Bruce Wayne was in jail under suspicion of murder. Cassandra arrived back at the cave in time to see Batman leave. It was during an investigation into the murder that Cassandra discovered that Batman and Bruce Wayne were in fact the same person. Later she, along with Spoiler and Nightwing, discovered critical clues that pointed to Bruce Wayne's innocence and, eventually, incriminating evidence to the real culprit: David Cain.

Following the Batman’s believed death at the hands of Darkseid, Cassandra began to feel emotional about her adoptive father's death, becoming disillusioned and passing her costume on to Stephanie Brown who became the new Batgirl. Cassandra left via the Gotham Airport, warning Stephanie not to follow her. After Batman's return, it was revealed that Cassandra had handed over her Batgirl mantle to Stephanie, acting under her mentor's order in the event of his death or disappearance and because giving over the role would help Stephanie become a stronger hero. Drake had been in regularly contact with her, implying that she's been working as an anonymous agent in Batman's plans.

Shortly thereafter, Red Robin visited her in person at Hong Kong to exchange information on cases they were working with, on the crime boss and possible undercover cop Lynx and a mysterious assassin known as Cricket that Cassandra was searching for. Aside from the minor aid they offered each other, Tim had brought her a new costume with a Bat on it to replace the plain black costume she had been wearing even since she gave her Batgirl uniform and name to Stephanie. She thanked him but said that family is not always home as she left, giving no sign she'd use the new costume but taking it with her regardless. Drake noted that despite her not wanting to be Batgirl any more, there was no sign she was being anything but true to herself and who she had wanted to become.

Cassandra later became an operative of Batman Incorporated protecting Hong Kong, using the suit given to her by Tim and calling herself Black Bat. The returned Bruce Wayne had her take down a neo-heroin smuggling operation. However, recent events have brought her back to the states where she continues to assist the Bat Family in an increasingly more dangerous Gotham

Characterization: Cassandra has grown from a mute child with a death wish to one of the most effective members of the Bat Family. She is one of the top martial artists in the world, with victories over top martial artists like Cheshire, Elektra and even Lady Shiva, who is considered the greatest martial artist in the world along with Shang-Chi.

Friends and Foes: She is close to the Bat family, especially Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown and Barbara Gordon. She has a complicated relationship with her parents, David Cain and Lady Shiva, both of whom have shown that they care for her but both have tried to kill her as well, with Shiva succeeding. The League of Assassins continues to try to bring her back to their side and she has had several run-ins with former and current members of the League, like the Mad Dog and Alpha.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:47 pm

We are dinosaurs, you know. You and I... we appreciate style...finesse...not like nowadays, where any two-bit punk with spandex and a homicidal attitude thinks he's a hero. - Penguin

THE PENGUIN
PL: 9 (160 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+3), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Umbrellas] 4 (+13), Deception 10 (+13) [Taunt], Expertise [Bird Trainer] 8 (+13), Expertise [Business] 13 (+18), Expertise [Criminal] 14 (+19), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+9), Investigation 8 (+13) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion 8 (+11) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Umbrellas] 4 (+12), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Benefit (6) (Status 2 – Well Known Club Owner, Well Known underworld figure, Wealth 4 [Multi-millionaire]), Clean* (2), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (9), Improved Initiative (1), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (5), Taunt, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(45 pts)
Helicopter Umbrella: Flight 3 (16 mph/250 fpr); 6 pts
Sword Umbrella: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous, Subtle; 5 pts
Umbrella Arsenal: (20 pts)
Sleep Gas Umbrella Cloud Area Affliction 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius]); 18 pts
Machine Gun Umbrella: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 6; 1 pt
Flamethrower Umbrella: Cone Area Fire Damage 6, Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]; 1 pt
Iceberg Lounge: (10 pts)
Size - Large, Tough - 8, Features - Communications, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Holding Cells, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Security System; 10 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +2]
Umbrellas +13 [Sword Umbrella +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +8
Umbrellas +12 [Machine Gun Umbrella +6, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Flamethrower Umbrella +6, Cone Area; Sleep Gas Umbrella Affliction +9, Cloud Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Acceptance: Due to his being teased as a child about his appearance, he has a longing to be accepted and seen as an equal (if not superior) by others
Motivation: Money, power and proving himself to be the better of those who mocked him as a child
Nemesis: Batman
Rivalry: Black Mask, Two-Face and other crime lords that would try to out-muscle him

Abilities 62 + Skills 44 (88 ranks) + Advantages 32 + Powers 0 + Defenses 22 = 160 / 160

Comments: I always loved The Penguin, from his original incarnations, to the campy Burgess Meredith to the creepy Danny Devito take. My favorite take on him, and his role in the Thorpacoverse Gotham is the "legitimate" owner of the Iceberg Lounge where he hobnobs with Gotham's elite out front and runs all kinds of shady deals in the back. He fences goods, launders money, acts as a go-between for all kinds of illegal activities and if there's something going down in the Gotham underworld, he probably knows or knows the person that knows.

And of course, Batman KNOWS that he knows... :wink:

Secret Origins: Born Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot, the Penguin is bullied as a child for his short stature, obesity, and beak-like nose. These traits make him an outcast in his rich, high society family; their rejection drives him to become a criminal. When Penguin was a young child, his father died of pneumonia after being drenched in a downpour. Because of this his mother became over protective and forced him to carry an umbrella whenever he went outside.

The Story so Far: After being a long time Gotham criminal and gang lord, his repeated incarcerations and his desire for austerity have led to his current situation where he has ceased his direct involvement in crime, instead running a nightclub that is popular with the underworld. As such, he is an excellent source of information on crime, so Batman grudgingly tolerates his operations. However, the entrepreneurial Penguin is often fencing stolen property or arranging early furloughs for incarcerated former criminal associates - for a hefty fee, of course - on the side.

Characterization: In keeping with his family's tradition of wealth, the Penguin lives a life of crime, yet executes it with his own self-proclaimed class and style. Unlike most of the Batman villains, the Penguin is a gentleman villain, in control of his own actions and perfectly sane, features that serve to maintain a unique relationship with his archenemy, Batman.

Friends and Foes: As noted, he has a great dislike for the Batman. He is generally well liked and respected in the criminal community of Gotham and generally works with, or for, whoever can provide the most lucrative opportunities.

He has recently hired two Japanese assassins known as The Kabuki Twins as his bodyguards.

Clean Up 3/22/13: Some adjustments to Penguin as my Gotham stuff gets a review.

Clean Up 10/13/13: Penguin and his bodyguards get a quick review for the Superior Thorpacoverse.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:48 pm

Check out this, er, these new items from out Gotham Location that are hitting the Aisle 2 shelves!

Like me after a night of Mexican food, they are silent but deadly.

THE KABUKI TWINS
PL: 8 (105 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 8 (+10), Insight 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Stealth 5 (+12) [Hide in Plain Sight], Treatment 2 (+3), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Japanese), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (2), Redirect, Takedown (2), Teamwork

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Finger Blades: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3, Dangerous, Split; 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +2; Finger Blades +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: It has not been established whether they can't or won't talk, but they don't talk
Responsibility: To protect and serve The Penguin

Abilities 56 + Skills 17 (33 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 0 + Defenses 15 = 105 / 105

Comments: The Kabuki Twins were The Penguins’ female bodyguards in the WB The Batman series, which I generally liked. I thought they were a nice addition to his crew, giving Batman a real physical challenge to deal with, so they are making their way to the Thorpacoverse.

For all of it's failings (and there were several) The Batman series had it's moments at times, with these guys and Punch and Judy to be muscle for The Joker, even though I didn't like their Joker take. I also liked their take on J'onn and Superman, even if their introduction of the Justice League was heavy handed.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!