J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: J-Mart: Bane, Hush, Savage Dragon

Post by Gazman » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Welcome back! I'm looking forward to the big 5 0 0 and whatever comes after.

Blitz
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Blitz » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:15 am

Gazman wrote:Welcome back! I'm looking forward to the big 5 0 0 and whatever comes after.
501, traditionally. :P

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:48 pm

Blitz wrote:
Gazman wrote:Welcome back! I'm looking forward to the big 5 0 0 and whatever comes after.
501, traditionally. :P
LOL! That is the corny humor we love at J-Mart! Kudos, Blitz! 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:33 pm

After too long of a delay, we are finally ready to post BUILD #500 here at J-Mart 3E! Never thought I'd make it but thanks to a willingness to ignore my wife and children and focus on that which is not really important, I made it! And it's a definite J-Mart Favorite item!

Amy: I don't understand. What difference does it make if Leonard goes to Wil Wheaton's party?
Penny: Wil Wheaton is Sheldon's mortal enemy.
Amy: Mortal enemy? Sheldon, I know you're a bit of a left-handed monkey wrench, but you really have a mortal enemy?
Sheldon: In fact, I have 61 of them. Would you like to see the list?

Sheldon: [after winning a card game match in a tournament] Now fetch me Wil Wheaton! [he looks at where Wil Wheaton and Stuart are playing their own match] bortaS bIr jablu’DI’ reH QaQqu’ nay’
Wil Wheaton: Did that guy just say 'Revenge is a dish best served cold' in Klingon?
Stuart: I believe so.
Wil Wheaton: What is wrong with him?
Stuart: Everyone has a different theory.

Sheldon: Leonard is upstairs right now with my archenemy.
Penny: Your archenemy?
Sheldon: Yes: the Dr. Doom to my Mr. Fantastic, the Dr. Octopus to my Spider-Man, the Dr. Sivana to my Captain Marvel...
Penny: OK, I get it, I get it...
Sheldon: You know, it's amazing how many supervillains have advanced degrees. Graduate schools should do a better job of screening those people out.

DR. SHELDON COOPER
PL: 9 (43 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -1, STAMINA 0, AGILITY -1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 1, INTELLECT 7, AWARENESS -2, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics (-1), Deception (-1), Expertise [Comic Books] 3 (+10), Expertise [History] 5 (+12), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 12 (+19) [Bore, Skill Mastery], Insight (-2), Intimidation (-1), Investigation 1 (+8), Perception 5 (+3), Persuasion (-1), Stealth (-1), Technology 4 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (BORE; use Expertise [Physical Sciences] for Deception and Intimidation checks), Conspiracy Theorist* (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (1), Languages (3) (He seems to know at least some words of several so we’ll say 10, Base: English), Skill Mastery (1) (Expertise [Physical Sciences])

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Headquarters: (5ep)
Size: Diminutive, Tough - 4, Features: Combat Simulator (various video game systems), Computer, Fire Prevention System, Living Space, Security System, HIS SPOT; 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative -1
Close Attack +1 [Unarmed -1]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +0 [DC10] Parry +2 [DC12]
Toughness +0, Fortitude +2, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Sheldon finds it hard to believe there is anyone as smart as he is, and certainly no one he knows
Enemy: There are several and he has a list. But a short list includes Joel Schumacher (for nearly ruining the Batman franchise) and Dr. Leslie Winkle who believes he's a dumb ass and, up until recently, his primary enemy was one Wil WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAATON!!!
I don't get it…: Sheldon lacks just about any social skill, making him impaired against interaction effects against people he doesn't know well
Know it All: Sheldon knows at least a little about everything and if you don’t think so, just ask him
Motivation: Proving his brilliance, winning a Nobel Prize and proving String Theory to be fact
Naïve: With his lack of social skills, he can be played pretty easily
Phobia: Germs mostly
Relationships: Despite his best efforts, he continues to increase his social circle so he is close to Leonard, Penny, Raj and Howard, he dearly loves his mother, Mary Cooper, and his Me-maw (who calls him Moon Pie) and now he has a girlfriend, Amy Farrah Fowler
Rivalry: Barry Kwip…er…Kripke…
Sibling Rivalry: Both his fraternal twin sister Missy and big brother George Jr. used to beat on him as a kid and he has NOT forgotten…

Abilities 8 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 0 + Defenses 11 = 43 / 43

Comments: For Build #500, I knew I wanted to do something different so instead of going down the Marvel/DC big gun path, I went with one of my all-time favorite characters from one of my all-time favorite shows, Doctor Sheldon Cooper from the hysterical show, The Big Band Theory.

If you still are not watching this show, you better not have a TV for if you own one and you don’t watch and you surf this board…Odin have mercy on you….

So just in case you are not aware, the show is on CBS on Thursdays at 7 Central/8 Eastern (I can never convert Western and Mountain times…) and it’s about two geek physicists named Leonard (Johnny Galecki, the best straight man on TV now that Kelsey Grammer is out of the picture for now) and the above built Sheldon (the amazing Jim Parsons) and their hot, “doesn’t get the geek scene” neighbor Penny (the HOT, HOT, HOT Kaley Cuoco). They are usually joined by their friends Raj (Kunal Nayyar), who can only talk to women when he's drunk, and Howard Wolowitz (Simon Helberg, who in addition to his upcoming BBT statting might get a statting as Moist from Dr. Horrible’s Sing along Blog), their ultra horny, very Jewish friend that Raj, Sheldon and Leonard love to point out that is the only one of them that does not have his doctorate. They have recently made Howard’s fiancée, Bernadette (played by the uber-cute Melissa Rauch) and Sheldon’s…girlfriend (man, it’s weird to type that) Amy Farrah Fowler (the wonderful Mayim Bialik who has added so much to the show since her inclusion, which rarely happens with new characters) part of the main cast and they continue to be one of the best written shows on TV.

I will never do Sheldon’s personality justice so here is a link to Wikipedia where they cover it pretty well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheldon_Cooper

As a build, he was fun to do. I tried to capture all of his idiosyncrasies in his Complications, but that would be impossible, really. Suffice it to say he can generate HP like nobody’s business thanks to his total lack of social skills and arrogance alone. And he is a deceptive PL9 because that is only tied to his Expertise [Physical Sciences] ranks. Otherwise, he’s a 2 a best. He would be a great NPC to have to have your characters deal with if they need an answer to a physics question. While he is brilliant, he has no social skill or ability to pick up on social interactions so he’s an easy bluff, but it’s going to take you a while to get an answer or even confirm that he’s giving you the right one while he is reminding you of how stupid you are compared to him.

The other members of the main cast are coming eventually.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Savage Dragon, #500 - Doctor Sheldon Cooper

Post by Arthur Eld » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:07 pm

You know, seeing the picture for Sheldon and the quote underneath it, I could definitely see the character, just with added super-powers, as a villain. And he would be a great one to torture heroes with, because he would just have to lecture them on why he was able to beat them, for hours and hours.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #177

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:A J-Mart Favorite item in our PC line hits the Aisle 1 shelves.

I was going to make some sort of balls joke here, but I just can't do it...He's too great of a character.

MISTER TERRIFIC PC
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 6 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+13), Deception (+2), Expertise [Science] 8 (+16), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 4 (+12), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion (+2), Sleight of Hand (+3), Stealth 3 (+7), Technology 11 (+19) [Inventor], Treatment 4 (+12), Vehicles (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (Wealth), Defensive Roll (2), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (1) (2 others, Base: English), Minions (11) (5 T-Spheres)

POWERS:
T-Mask: 14 pts traits, Removable (-3 pts); 11 pts
Invisible to Machines: Concealment 10 (All Senses, Flaw: Limited [Machines only]); 10 pts
Technical Interfacing: Senses 2 (Communication Link [T-Spheres, Radio]), Comprehend 1 (Speak, Understand Machines, Flaw: Limited [Modern technology]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Fair Play Costume: Protection 1; 1ep
JSA Commlink: Commlink, GPS, Feature 2 (JSA Brownstone/Camp Hammond Access); 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Prejudice: His well-documented Atheism puts him at odds with people at times
Relationships: Karen Starr, his assistant Aleeka, and his protégé (gotta find that kid's name…)
Responsibility: To his company, Holt Industries and to making the world a better place through science and technology
Rivalry: All are generally good natured, but he has business rivalries with Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark, and superhero rivalries with Batman, Iron Man and Hank Pym

Abilities 72 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 21 + Powers 11 + Defenses 20 = 150 / 150

Comments: Man, Michael Holt was one of DCs big hits (in a sea of misses) over the last decade. Making a legacy character from a decent, but not big name by any means Golden Age hero who by FAR surpasses the original is no easy feat, but they pulled it off with this one.

He wasn’t easy to fit into the PC format, so I actually kind of cheated and made him a PL11 (justified by the Tech and Science skills) so I’d have more points to play with to make him more well-rounded. He’s generally a PL9 outside of his skills and that seems to be OK for what I have seen him do in combat, which isn’t a lot, although I admittedly only followed JSA for about 16 months.

What makes him a special is his tech skill and those T-Spheres which came out WAY better than I had hoped and I probably need to dial them back a bit. I based them off of Taliesin’s 2E version, but I made some tweaks to make them a little more potent in combat. Combined with those, he’s a very formidable “solo” hero.

And here they are:
T-SPHERES
PL: 9 (135 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA NA, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE NA

SKILLS: Insight (+3), Perception 7 (+10), Ranged Combat [Blast] 9 (+9), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Teamwork, Tracking

POWERS:
Machine Construct: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects); 30 pts
Balls of Steel: Protection 8; 8 pts
Small Size: Shrinking 16 (-4 Str, +8 Dodge/Parry, +16 Stealth, -8 Intimidation, Speed -4, -4 Mass; Extra: Normal Size, Innate, Flaw: Permanent); 49 pts
Radio Emitters: Communication 3 (Radio, Statewide/Small Nation); 12 pts
Self Propulsion: Flight 5 (60 mph); 10 pts
Sensor Array: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Infravision, Radio); 4 pts
Recording Device: Feature 1 (Video/Audio Recording); 1 pt
Weapon Systems: Array, 16 pt array; 20 pts
Laser Blast: Laser Ranged Damage 8; 16 pts
Visual Dazzle: Ranged Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Cumulative, Flaw: Limited to one sense [Visual]); 1 pt
Holographic Projections: Illusion 5 (Visual, Auditory); 1 pt
Obscuring Fog: Burst Area Concealment 2 (Extra: Area Burst, Affects Others); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +0
Weapon Array +9 [Dazzle +8; Laser Blast +8]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +8, Fortitude NA, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: Serve Mister Terrific

Abilities -10 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 133 + Defenses 2 = 135 / 135

Comments: The T-Spheres.
Clean Up 3/21/12: Made Michael a "pure" PL10/150 pt PC. It was a fun exercise.
I got the urge to work on some PL10/150 pt PCs so I took my initial PL11 PC Mr. Terrific down to PL10 while I was looking at some others. More to come.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #223

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:34 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Another BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL hits the shelves. This item in our X-Verse line is always a J-Mart Favorite.

Lots of secrets filling these halls nowadays, Scott. More than normal for people like us. Logan leading a gang off to god knows where. Bloodstained clothes in the laundry. Warren transforming into Archangel again. To say nothing of what you've been up to, Miss Frost. Secrets, Scott. Secrets, Emma. In these times -- these awful, fractious times -- we...are all we have left. I'm taking the X-Club on a mission come daylight. I'll be gone some time. But when I get back, we're having it all out, do you hear me? These secrets will kill us. And I won't stick around to watch it happen.

BEAST

PL: 10 (188 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 8, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+16) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception (+4), Expertise [Biology] 10 (+18) [Skill Mastery], Expertise [Mutations] 10 (+18), Expertise [Keyboards] 1 (+9), Expertise [Science] 5 (+13), Insight (+4), Intimidation (+4), Investigation 3 (+11), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 7 (+11), Sleight of Hand 2 (+5), Stealth (+8), Technology 5 (+13) [Inventor], Treatment 8 (+16), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (Ambidexterity), Defensive Attack, Eidetic Memory, Evasion (1), Inventor, Languages (3) (Latin, Japanese, Sh’iar, 7 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Skill Mastery (1) (Expertise [Biology]), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Beast Hide: Feature 1 (Insulating Fur); 2 pts
Beast Physiology: Feature 1 (Prehensile Feet), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 3 (16 mph), Movement 1 (Wall Crawling), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 10 pts
Beast Senses: Senses 4 (Low Light Vision, Normal Hearing [Extended], Scent [Acute, Extended]); 4 pts
Pheromones: Perception Ranged Affliction 2 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, Extra: Cumulative, Subtle, Flaw: Limited [to two degrees], Limited [opposite sex only], Sense Dependent [Olfactory]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
X-Men Commlink: Feature 1 (Radio Communication, X-Men), Miniscule; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Toughness +8, Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Fame: He is one of the leading spokesman for the Mutant race in addition to being a world class biologist
Monstrous Appearance: Anthropomorphic feline appearance can be unsettling for those not used to him
Phobia: With his mutation constantly in flux, he has a great fear of losing his intelligence and becoming a true beast
Prejudice: Mutant
Relationships: Most of the X-Men, although he is very close to Professor X, his fellow "First Class"-mates (even though he and Scott are on the outs right now), Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne (from his time with the Avengers), and he is currently sort of dating Abigail Brand of S.W.O.R.D.

Abilities 102 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 19 + Defenses 16 = 188 / 188

Comments: I am really happy with the way this PC version of Hank came out. I was going to try and fit him into the PL10/150 pt format, and I will eventually, but I want to do something with my PC builds at their DCA-ish levels so I went this route. Hank is only a PL11 on defense, but he’s a full PL10 unarmed, which felt right, and he’s a kickin’ scientist, tech guy and medic which has really become his main role in the X-Verse as of late. Well, at least before he walked out a little while back, but you know he and Scott will make up eventually.

Clean Up 3/22/12: Went away from the PC version and just build him as I wanted him.
More cleaning. Loves me some Hank. He is such a great character and I love his current at-odds situation with Cyclops. I keep meaning to pick up the Wolverine and The X-Men books because I have heard nothing but good things, but geez, I only have so much scratch per month. With the New 52 starting to look like the old DC as expected, I get the feeling my experimentation with a lot of those books will fade pretty quickly and I’ll shift back to Marvel stuff again.

But I digress. In my setting, Hank is mainly an X-Man, but he helps out the Justice League from time to time, mainly from an advisory standpoint. He continues to teach at the Xavier Academy and also works with the Initiative as well, teaching superhuman biology among other things.
Shop J-Mart!

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: J-Mart: Savage Dragon, #500 - Doctor Sheldon Cooper

Post by Bladewind » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:20 pm

You. Statted. Sheldon. Cooper.

Nick Fury's god may wield a hammer. Mine wields a keyboard and the DCA rulebook.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:41 am

As we get settled in to our new location, we're slowly working on getting back to stocking the shelves like the old days, way back in 2007...

And if you don't think that's the old days, you'll note that the iPad wasn't even around then, so you KNOW that's like ancient times!

Thanks, Randal. Anyway, let's get back to some Big Bang Theory builds with this new item!

Priya: Leonard, wake up.
Leonard: Huh? Huh, jus', sorry.
Priya: What for?
Leonard: I don't know. When I'm in bed with a girl, that's just my go-to response.

-----------------------------------------------

Leonard: Ah, let's see, I am an experimental physicist at CalTech. Most of my research is with high-powered lasers and, oh, I've just gotten a big government grant to see if they can be used to knock out incoming ballistic missiles.
Penny Wow! Can they?
Leonard: Oh, God no! [Penny laughs] The money's pretty good, and I use the equipment to make my own Bat Signal.
Penny: [laughs] Bat Signal? What are you, some kind of nerd?
Leonard: Not "some kind of nerd", I am the king of nerds!
Penny: [laughs] What does that mean?
Leonard: Uh, it means, if anyone displeases me, I don't help them set up their printer.
Penny: [laughs] You are so funny!
Leonard: Good! Remember that when I take my shirt off.

DOCTOR LEONARD HOFSTADTER
PL: 6 (35 pts) - OPL: 6 ; DPL: 6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -1, STAMINA -1, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING -1, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (-1), Close Combat [Light Saber] 2 (+1), Expertise [Performance (Cello)] 1 (+6), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 11 (+16), Insight 2 (+4), Perception 1 (+3), Persuasion 5 (+5), Stealth 1 (+1), Technology 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (3), Favored Foe (Doctor Sheldon Cooper), Languages (2) (Klingon, 4 others, Base: English), Set-Up (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(15ep)
Masterwork Desktop: Computer Feature 1 (+2 Technology checks involving Computers), Large; 2ep
Smart Phone: Cell phone, PDA, Camera; 3ep
Vehicle: (10ep)
Mid-Size Car: Size - L, Strength - 5, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 8; 10ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack -1 [Unarmed +-1]
Light Saber +1
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +0 [DC10] Parry -1 [DC9]
Toughness -1, Fortitude +1, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Where to start…he has asthma, he's blind without his glasses, he is predisposed to heart issues, he is lactose intolerant, he has allergies and he also gets carsick if he doesn't ride in the front seat
Enemy: Jimmy Speckerman, high school bully
Mommy Issues: His relationship with his Sheldon-like mother, Dr. Beverly Hofstadter has left him with many mommy and childhood issues. An example was his building a hugging machine to receive some sort of affection…
Prejudice: He's a geek. We've all seen prejudice against our people
Relationships: He is in love with Penny and close to Raj and Howard. And Sheldon, most of the time
Sibling Rivalry: His mother constantly compares him to his sister, who is an award winning scientist, and his brother that is a Harvard Law professor

Abilities 8 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 0 + Defenses 5 = 35 / 35

Comments: Doctor Leonard Hofstadter, the other main character in The Big Bang Theory. The long suffering roommate of Sheldon Cooper, he becomes the idol of geeks everywhere when he finally scores with Penny. And come to find out, they were actually secretly dating in real life, too. Go Johnny Galecki!

Leonard is a genius but not to Sheldon’s level, although not as far behind Sheldon as he would like everyone to think. Leonard’s mother, Dr. Beverly Hofstadter, played by one of my all-time MILF faves Christine Baranski (LOVED her in Sybil and she’s still on my list) often belittles his lack of accomplishments compared to his siblings and her lack of affection is a serious source of friction between them. He also riddled with maladies, from allergies, to asthmas, lactose intolerance and other traits we geeks tend to be saddled with. But he is the most socially competent of the main 4 guys so he is invaluable in that sense. Granted, he’s still pretty geeky, but he gets a lot more than the others do most of the time.

I gave him Favored Opponent with Sheldon because even though Sheldon berates him and has him under his thumb with the Roommate Agreement (dang, I need to make that a complication), he usually knows how to get his way with Sheldon in the end. Whether it’s feeding in Sheldon’s sense of self-importance, knowing his fears or his last resort, calling Sheldon’s mom, he knows how to handle living with him and remaining sane.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:11 am

We keep the Big Bang Special rolling with this new item!

[Sheldon is singing "L'Chaim" at Penny's bar]
Leonard: I don't believe it. What's gotten into him?
Penny: [holding up a bottle of Bacardi] Oh, a couple of virgin Cuba Libres who turned out to be kinda slutty.
Leonard: [excited] You didn't!?
Penny: Hey, you do your little experiments, I do mine.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Penny just gave Leonard and Sheldon each a vintage Star Trek transporter toy]
Sheldon: Look, it was actually designed for my vintage Mr. Spock action figure!
Penny: Oh, that's great, let's open it up and put him in there!
[Leonard and Sheldon recoil and cradle the boxes defensively]
Sheldon: Oh, good lord, no!
Penny: Why? They're just toys.
Sheldon: Mint in box!
Penny: C'mon, can't we open one up and take a look?
[Leonard and Sheldon recoil again]
Leonard: No! Once you open the box it loses its value.
Penny: Yeah, yeah, my mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. I gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

PENNY
PL: 3 (46 pts) - OPL: 3 ; DPL: 3

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+3), Athletics 1 (+2), Deception 5 (+6/+8) [Attractive], Expertise [Acting] 1 (+1), Expertise [Rodeo] 3 (+3), Expertise [Sports] 2 (+2), Insight 2 (+3), Intimidation 2 (+3), Perception 1 (+2), Persuasion 5 (+6/+8) [Attractive, Daze], Ranged Combat [Guns] 3 (+4), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Daze (1) (Persuasion), Equipment (2), Improved Initiative (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Vehicle: (10ep)
Mid-Size Car: Size - L, Strength - 5, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 8; 10ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +1, Fortitude +3, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Shoes
Daddy Issues: She loves her dad and really wants to please him, being very tomboy-ish until she got her first training bra
I don't get it…: A lot of the science and geek culture references the guys use are often lost on her
Motivation: Becoming a famous actress
Relationships: She and Leonard have had a long running on and off relationship but she has also dated a lot of men (193 dated, 31 slept with by Sheldon's estimation) before and after. She is close friends with Amy and Bernadette
Rivalry: Doctor Sheldon Cooper
Secret: Her last name
Temper: Leonard compared her to The Hulk when she gets angry

Abilities 22 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 0 + Defenses 6 = 46 / 46

Comments: And the third main member of the cast, Leonard and Sheldon’s next door neighbor and the love of Leonard’s life, Penny. Her reactions to Sheldon and her down to Earth demeanor in a sea of geniuses really holds the show together. The couple of episodes she missed to shoot Hop (yikes, I will NOT be statting anyone from that movie EVER and I generally like the kids movies the Little Thorpacolypses make me watch) were not the same without her being involved.

Penny is from Nebraska and moved to Pasadena to break into show business. She works at the Cheesecake Factory, but I didn’t give her any ranks in Expertise: Waitress because she hasn’t shown to be great at her job. She has been promiscuous in her past and tends to trend that way when a relationship ends. She befriends the boys, partly out of her moochiness but also because she realizes how sweet they can be. She generally seemed to go for the dumb brute types, but at the end of the first season she and Leonard finally went out, giving totally unrealistic hopes to geeks everywhere that a hot girl will actually look past their geekiness and see the sweet, smart guy inside.

Forget it fellas. This is Hollywood. Take what you can get and be damn glad to have her.

As I was getting ready to stat her, I realized I didn’t know her last name. And come to find out, they haven’t said her last name yet, even in the episode where her father Wyatt was there. So I guess that is a still a reveal they are holding onto, much like not showing Howard’s mother.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #36

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:20 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:Our take on THE BIG GUNS OF THE THORPACOVERSE is winding down with just a couple more builds for this special. And this item needs no further introduction.

The man.

BATMAN (BRUCE WAYNE)
PL: 12 (288 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 9, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Acrobatics 9 (+15), Athletics 11 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+20), Deception 6 (+13), Expertise [Criminology] 13 (+22), Expertise [Streetwise] 11 (+20), Insight 8 (+15) [Assessment], Intimidation 15 (+22) [Daze, Skill Mastery, Startle], Investigation 13 (+22) [Contacts, Skill Mastery, Well-Informed], Perception 12 (+19), Persuasion 6 (+13) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Throwing] 2 (+15), Sleight of Hand 11 (+18), Stealth 14 (+20) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology 6 (+15) [Inventor], Treatment 3 (+12), Vehicles 6 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (5) (Wealth 5 [Billionaire]), Close Attack (2), Connected, Conspiracy Theorist (1), Contacts, Daze (1) (Intimidation), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (24), Evasion (1), Extraordinary Effort, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Tools, Inspire (2), Inventor, Languages (3) (Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin, French, Arabic, 5 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (2) (Close, Concealment; Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (6), Redirect, Seize Initiative, Set-Up (1), Skill Mastery (2) (Intimidation, Investigation), Startle, Takedown (1), Tracking, Trance, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(120ep)
The Batsuit: Protection 1, Features 2 (Converts ballistic/energy damage to non-lethal), Immunity 2 (Critical Hits, Flaw: Limited [Ballistics only]); 4ep
The Cape and Cowl: Senses 2 (Low Light Vision, Infravision), Movement 1 (Safe Fall), Commlink (Senses 1 [Communication Link, Bat Family]); 5ep
Utility Belt: (35ep)
Bat Flash Bang Grenade: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware; resisted by Dodge], Extra: Ranged Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra Condition), Range 25 ft; 20ep
Batarang: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2; 50ft range, Medium; 1ep
Exploding Batarangs: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 6, (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius]), Range 25 ft; 1ep
Stun Grenade: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 6 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius]), Range 25 ft; 1ep
Bat Bolo: Ranged Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength; 1st: Hindered and Impeded, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobile; Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Reduced Range); 25 ft range, Medium; 1ep
Bat Tear Gas Grenades: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Visually Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Visually Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft], Extra Condition), Range 20ft; 1ep
Bat Shuriken: Piercing Ranged Damage 1, Extra: Multiattack; 25ft range, Small; 1ep
Smoke Grenade: Cloud Area Concealment 4 (Visual, Resisted by Dodge), Extra: Cloud Area [30 ft radius], Range 40ft; 1ep
Grapple Gun: Move Object 4, AE: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1ep
Lockpick Kit: Feature 1, Tiny; 1ep
Mini-Tracer: Feature 1 (Tracking, 2 Mile range), Miniscule; 1ep
Rebreather: Immunity 2 (Flaw: Limited -20 Rounds of Oxygen), Tiny; 1ep
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology), Tiny; 1ep
Flashlight: Feature 1 (Illumination), Tiny; 1ep
Binoculars: +5 Perception [Visual at Distance], Tiny [1ep])
First Aid Kit +2 Treatment [First Aid], Medium; 1ep
Cutting Torch: Damage 1, Linked to Weaken Toughness 1 (Flaw: Limited to objects); 1ep
Vehicles: (55ep)
The Batplane: Size - H, Strength - 10, Speed - 12, Def - 8, Tough - 10, Air-to-Air Missiles (Ballistic Ranged Damage 11, Extra: Area Burst 8 [30 ft radius], Homing 6], Machine Guns (Ballistic Ranged Damage 8, Extra: Multiattack), Features 2 (Cloaking, Remote Control); 52ep
The Batmobile: Size - H, Strength - 9, Speed - 6, Def - 6, Tough - 10, Features 21 (Alarm 4 [DC35], Caltrops, Hidden Compartments 2 [DC25], Navigation System, Oil Slick, Remote Control, Smokescreen, Impervious 5 [10 ranks]); 1ep
The Batboat: Size - L, Strength - 9, Speed - 6, Def - 6, Tough - 10, Features 20 (Alarm 4 [DC35], Hidden Compartments 2 [DC25], Navigation System 2 [+10], Remote Control, Smokescreen, Impervious 5 [10 ranks]); 1ep
The Batpod: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features 20 (Alarm 4 [DC35], Hidden Compartments 2 [DC25], Navigation System 2 [+10], Remote Control, Smokescreen, Impervious 5 [10 ranks]), Effects (Machine Guns [Ballistic Ranged Damage 6, Extra: Multiattack])
Headquarters: (20ep)
Size - Huge; Tough - 10; Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed, Defense System, Dock, Garage, Gym, Hanger, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Workshop

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +16
Unarmed +20 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +13
Throwing +15 [Batarangs +6; Bat Shuriken +1, Multiattack; Exploding Batarangs +6, Area Burst; Bat Bolo Snare +5; Tear Gas Affliction +5, Area Burst; Flash Bang Affliction +5, Area Burst; Stun Grenade Affliction +6, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Joker, Hush, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman
Flashbacks: Batman is sometimes stunned by traumatic flashbacks to the night his parents were murdered, especially in connection to Crime Alley, where the killings took place
Identity: He has a secret identity of Bruce Wayne
Obsession: Batman is driven to fight crime by the murder of his parents
Relationships: He has strong relationships with Tim Drake-Wayne, Dick Grayson-Wayne, Damian Wayne, Cassandra Cain-Wayne, Alfred, Commissioner Gordon, Lucious Fox, Oracle, Superman and Wonder Woman. And sometimes Catwoman
Responsibility: Batman sees Gotham as "his city" and protects it fiercely
Rivalry: It’s more Ollie’s side than his, but he has a bit of a rivalry with Green Arrow. And he and Hal Jordan don’t see eye to eye often, either

Abilities 116 + Skills 74 (148 ranks) + Advantages 79 + Powers 0 + Defenses 19 = 288 / 288

Comments: I’ve raved about Kenson’s Batman before and I do love the build. I just felt it need a liiiiiiiittle Thorpacoverse tweak. All I did was give the Batsuit some love, upped the ranks of damage on some of his Utility Belt effects and tweaked some Skills, really.

I’m going to be doing some similar tweaks for other DCA builds as I see things, but for the most part, they are all very well done and I continue to wait with bated breath for the rest.

As far as the Thorpacoverse goes, he’s...well, Batman. As stated earlier, he and some of the other big guns are continuing to work with the Justice League and Avengers but are not full time members of either. He is focusing on the growing gang tension in Gotham while keeping an eye on the full scale gang war in New York that Spidey, DD and others are dealing with thanks to the Kingpin, Hood and Mister Negative.

Clean Up 3/31/12: I had done a couple of other tweaks to Bruce that I hadn't noted, but I went over this one with a fine tooth comb, so I thought I would note it.
Made several tweaks to my Batman this go around, so I thought I would bring it up. I am still toying with upping his intellect to 10 because come on, how often does Batman get outsmarted and would you really rank him below Mister Terrific, Ivo or Morrow from the DCA book?
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #98

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:07 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:Thanks for all the props on LADIES' NIGHT, guys! But we can't rest our laurels here at J-Mart, we must move on to our next special, which is in honor of Tim Allen's iconic 90's catchphrase: MORE POWER!! And we start off at the top of the J-Mart line for MORE POWER! (at least at the moment) with this BLACK LIGHT SPECIAL!

He's like every woman's dream: buff, rich, powerful and never says a word...

BLACK BOLT
PL: 18 (353 pts) - OPL: 18 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics (+9), Deception (+4), Expertise [Politics] 11 (+13), Insight 6 (+11), Intimidation (+4), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion (+4), Stealth (+5), Technology 5 (+7), Vehicles 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (5) (Status – King of the Inhumans), Close Attack (4), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (1), Languages (2) (English, Sign Language, Base: Attilan), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (6)

POWERS:
Inhuman Physiology: Immunity 7 (Environmental Heat, Environmental Cold, Radiation, Pressure, Vacuum, Suffocation); 7 pts
Flight: Flight 8 (500mph); 16 pts
The Voice: 141 pt array; 143 pts
Whisper Cone: Cone Area Sonic Damage 18 (Extra: Cone Area 6 [1800 ft], Duration [Sustained], Penetrating 15); 141 pts
Whisper Burst: Burst Area Sonic Damage 18 (Extra: Area Burst 6 [1800 ft], Duration [Sustained], Penetrating 15); 1 pt
Stunning Whisper: Cone Area Sonic Affliction 18 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Cone 6 [1800 ft], Duration [Sustained]); 1 pt

Shout: Features 1 (May use +2 to The Voice using Extra Effort instead of +1); 1 pt
Electron Mastery: 24 pt Array; 26 pts
Electron Blast: Ranged Damage 12; 24 pts
Master Blow: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 6 (Extra: Penetrating 10, Flaw: Tiring); 1 pt
Electron Force Field: Protection 5, Impervious 5 (10 ranks), (Extra: Affects Others, Flaw: Sustained); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +9; Master Blow +15]
Ranged Attack +10 [Electron Blast +12]
The Voice [Whisper +16, Cone Area; Stunning Whisper +16, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +10 (+14 with Force Field, +5 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +12, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Accident: If he is not careful with his voice, he can destroy a lot more than he intends
Disability: He cannot speak unless he needs to use his powerful voice, otherwise he must communicate with sign or body language
Enemy: Vulcan, Maximus the Mad (sometimes)
Power Loss: If he loses his tuning fork, he can completely lose or lose control of his powers
Relationships: His wife Medusa, the Inhuman Royal Family
Responsibility: The Inhuman race
Weakness: Inhumans are particularly susceptible to diseases, toxins and pollutants

Abilities 94 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 193 + Defenses 23 = 353 / 353

Comments: I didn’t really get Black Bolt as a cool character until my geek rebirth about 10 years ago. When I read comics in the 70s and 80s, I just didn’t think the Inhumans were all that. As I have gotten older, I find them fascinating. Especially their silent leader, Blackagar Boltagon. Granted, Vulcan took him out (and himself) in War of Kings, but he’ll be back. You can’t keep a good electron manipulator down.

I am quite proud of myself with this build for the simple reason that I made him technically playable at 15 pts per rank, as recommended. Granted, I had to add the Inhuman royal family as Sidekicks to do so, but still, it counts. I had to make him PL20 for his voice to work the way I wanted, which was a pure cone as opposed to a targeted area cone like I did in 2E. Outside of that, he’s about a PL13 offensively with the Master Blow and defensively a PL12, which felt about right. If he keeps his mouth shut, he can still hang with just about anyone but if he speaks, it’s all over but the shouting, pun intended…

Clean Up 7/10/11: Took Black Bolt down to a PL16, leaving his PL20 cosmic level voice for power stunting. Otherwise, he can still level a city block with little trouble if he wants.

Clean Up 3/31/12: Took BB back up to PL18 to make it easier for him to hit that +20 rank voice blast.
Jab and IK's recent Black Bolt builds inspired me to get him back up to a higher level.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:26 pm

Bronze Tiger: You know who I am?
Catman: I've heard of you.
Bronze Tiger: So you know there's only two ways for you, if you stay. Hospital or the morgue. IF you stay.

BRONZE TIGER
PL: 11 (163 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 9 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+18), Deception (+2), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+11) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+9), Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+11), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth 5 (+11), Treatment 3 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Chokehold, Damaging Escape*, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Follow-Up Strike*, Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed 2), Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Japanese, Mandarin, Base: English), Power Attack, Precise Attack (1) (Close, Cover), Ranged Attack (2), Redirect, Takedown (2), Tough (2), Tracking, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Break

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Tiger Mask: Feature 1 (+2 to Intimidation Checks); 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +14
Unarmed +18 [Unarmed +4, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Throwing +11

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The League of Assassins
Motivation: Proving his martial arts skills and atoning for his misdeeds in his younger days
Relationships: He remains close to his on-again, off-again girlfriend Vixen and is close to Richard Dragon, Shang-Chi and Iron Fist
Reputation: Feared martial artist and one of the few to actually defeat Batman one on one
Temper: While he has learned to control it for the most part, he has a fierce temper and violent streak that is second to none

Abilities 84 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 0 + Defenses 17 = 163 / 163

Comments: I had to do my own take on Ben since he is a fave and even though I dig him a lot and he is a great martial artist, I thought his DCA build overpowered him in several areas. I never saw him as a 5 Intellect, but maybe I didn't read enough about him. Anyway, I re-did him for my setting and I think he’s a lot more in line with the way I have thing set up.

I almost changed his unarmed, but he has beaten Batman, and I left Batman's unarmed at +20, same as Shang-Chi's, and I think Ben would need that +18 to have a good chance at him, plus he generally pwns everyone but Bruce, Richard Dragon and Shiva, so I think it's fair.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:52 pm

We've got our top item in our Villains Line hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed. Why else would you dress up like a flying rat?

I did it! I finally killed Batman! In front of a bunch of vulnerable, disabled kids!!! Now get me Santa Claus!

Here's the cold, hard truth Bats...I don't hate you 'cause I'm crazy...I'm crazy 'cause I hate you.

THE JOKER

PL: 10 (190 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Short Blades] 3 (+15), Deception 11 (+18) [Daze, Improved Trick, Taunt], Expertise [Chemistry] 5 (+11), Expertise [Criminal] 7 (+13), Insight (+2), Intimidation 11 (+18) [Daze, Second Chance, Startle], Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+7), Ranged Combat [Guns] 3 (+14), Sleight of Hand 6 (+11), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology 5 (+11), Vehicles 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (No ID), Daze (2) (Deception, Intimidation), Defensive Roll (4), Diehard, Equipment (8), Favored Foe (Batman), Fearless, Improved Critical (1) (Short Blades), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trick*, Last Stand*, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (6), Second Chance (1) (Intimidation Checks vs. Intimidation), Seize Initiative, Startle, Takedown (1), Taunt

POWERS:
Better Living Through Chemistry: Immunity 1 (Poisons/Toxins); 1 pt
Shattered Mind: Immunity 5 (Mind Control); 5 pts
Lucky Escape: Immortality 5 (1/day, Flaw: Limited [to Circumstances of Plausible Survival]); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(40 pts)
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Bag of Tricks: (16 pts)
Joker Venom: Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Reach 2 [10 ft], Flaw: Inaccurate), Feature 1 (Victim face contorted into wide grin); 12 pts
Squirting Acid: Acid Damage 5 (Extra: Secondary Effect, Reach 2 [10 ft]); 1 pt
Joy Buzzer: Electrical Damage 8, Subtle; 1 pt
Marbles: Cone Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Flaw: Instant Recovery, Limited to Two Degrees, Limited [targets must be on ground]); 1 pt
Razor Sharp Playing Cards: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 2; 1 pt
Headquarters: (13 pts)
Abandoned Amusement Park: Size - H, Tough - 8, Features - Deathtraps 3, Defense System, Garage, Holding Cells, Laboratory, Living Space, Security System, Workshop; 13 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +2; Acid Damage +5; Joy Buzzer +8]
Joker Venom +10 [Joker Venom Affliction +10]
Short Blades +15 [Knives +3, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +11 [Razor Sharp Playing Cards +2, Multiattack]
Guns +14 [Heavy Pistol +4]
Special Attack [Marbles Affliction +10, Cone Area; Special Attack +0, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Insanity: The Joker is completely insane, and therefore prone to irrational and unpredictable behavior. He thrives on chaos, and creates it.
Obsession: The Joker's one goal above all others is to mess with and eventually kill Batman. Any other plans, alliances, personal gains, etc. are all secondary. Trademark: The Joker’s ego compels him to taunt, leave clues and otherwise make it clear he is responsible for his crimes.

Abilities 82 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Advantages 36 + Powers 11 + Defenses 25 = 190 / 190

Comments: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

We're starting this round of importing the Earth-217 stuff from J-Mart I with my take on The Harlequin of Hate himself, The Joker. Can't believe I did over 500 builds before I got around to him, but oh well, for me, it was worth the wait. After Superman, Batman, Spidey and a couple of others, there is no character more fun to build than The Joker. And much like those other icons, you can take them all kinds of different directions and still not be "wrong".

I went all out on my Joker because he needs to be a bad ass to hang with Batman and the way I built him, he should be able to do for sure. I made him a better combatant, more like he was in Lovers and Madman (another retelling of his origin and in it, he’s like the best hit man in Gotham before his fall into the vat and a really good read) and to added a few things I felt he needed, like his toxins immunity and his way out when he falls into the Gotham river, off a building, etc. You can’t keep a good maniac down!

He's nearly impossible to feint, intimidate, scare or keep down for long, so that makes him the perfect opponent for Batman, which he should be. And yes, I am going to have my two builds go at it in the not too distant future, and this time I mean it!

Really.

Seriously. Watch for it after I get more of this thread remodeling done.

I really mean it. :shock:

Secret Origins: No one is exactly sure. It is widely believed that he was a villain known as the Red Hood that battled Batman and accidentally fell into a vat of chemicals. When he surfaces in the nearby reservoir, he removes the hood and sees his reflection: bleached chalk-white skin, ruby-red lips, and emerald green hair. These events, coupled with his other misfortunes that day, drive the engineer through the massive personality shift that results in the birth of the Joker.

There are several variations on this story that he has told or have surfaced from the Gotham underworld, but whatever the true story is, all that is known for sure as that whatever happened to him created a monster unlike anything anyone has ever seen.

The Story so Far: The Joker has been involved in countless crimes and murders, far too many to list here. He’s fought Batman many times over the years with varying degrees of success. He’s responsible the death of the second Robin, Jason Todd, the death of Jim Gordon’s second wife and for shooting Barbara Gordon in the spine, causing her paralysis that only recently has been cured.

His crimes has ranged from the ludicrous, like creating Joker Fish and trying to copyright them, to the truly monstrous, like his murder of two dozen school children just to get Batman’s attention. As the Trickster said, “When supervillains want to scare each other, they tell Joker stories.”

Characterization: The Joker is chaos, pure and simple. His moods change like the weather and he can go from jovial one second to homicidal the next and no one can truly predict when or why it happens

Friends and Foes: He had an ill-fated relationship with Harley Quinn for a couple of years, but it ended as most would expect. Still, Harley loves him despite everything and even though she is trying to lead a better life, she still can’t get Mistah J out of her system.

He’s had run-in with dozens of heroes, villains and members of the Bat-Family, but he only has one true enemy is his mind: Batman.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: #501

Post by Gazman » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:42 pm

Nice new builds. Cool. :D
Thorpacolypse wrote: Comments: I still think this might be too high, but I had to do my own Marvel family because they were just too powerful for my taste in the book. This puts Mary and Freddy in line with Superboy and Supergirl, which is where I think they should be.
I always think of Supergirl outclassing Superboy on account of the whole force feed sunlight for all of Clark's lifetime thing. I also think that Supergirl is on par with the Junior Marvels since they become fully powered adults when they transform. I thought the book had Mary and Freddy too high and Kara too low. Now you come in and say everybody is PL 12. Nobody agrees with GAZ. :cry: