J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Spider-Woman, Scarlet Spider (Kaine), Winter

Post by ClassDunce » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Personally I think Game of Thrones has more in common with The Wire than The Sopranos. But I'm much more partial to The Wire.

"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:20 am

HAPPY EASTER FROM J-MART! Hope you all are enjoying this fine Easter Sunday, as I have with the Little Thorpacolypses and Mrs. Thorpacolypse (who have all gone back to bed after the EARLY Easter Bunny presents and egg hunt). But don't fret, J-Mart is open 365 days a week (doesn't mean we're working, but we're open :wink: ) so our WILD AT HEART special continues with another new item for Aisle 7!

Ah, the 90's...

GRIFTER
PL: 11 (209 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+13), Athletics 8 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+17), Deception 12 (+15) [Daze, Skill Mastery, Taunt], Expertise [Military] 6 (+8), Expertise [Streetwise] 11 (+13), Insight 8 (+11) [Assessment], Intimidation 5 (+8), Investigation 7 (+9) [Well-Informed], Perception 10 (+13), Persuasion 8 (+11), Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+17), Sleight of Hand 4 (+11), Stealth 7 (+14) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Close Attack (2), Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Diehard, Equipment (6), Evasion (1), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (4) (Guns 2, Short Blades, Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Weapon (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Power Attack, Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (8), Redirect, Set-Up (1), Skill Mastery (1) (Deception), Takedown (2), Taunt, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Regeneration 5 (1/every other round), Immunity 1 (Aging); 6 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(30ep)
Body Armor: Protection 1; 1ep
Cell Phone, Standard: Feature 1 (Cellular Communication), Diminutive; 1ep
Night Vision Goggles: Senses 1 (Darkvision, -2 Perception), Small; 1ep
Arsenal: (22ep)
Twin VAD PP30's: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Extra: Multiattack, Split; 100 ft range, Medium; 16ep
Twin VAD PP30 Stun Rounds: Ranged Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Multiattack), 100 ft range, Medium; 1ep
Fragmentation Grenades: Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Ranged Area Burst, Range 25 ft; 1ep
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 2ep
3ep as needed for situation

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +15 [Knives +5, Critical 18-20]
Unarmed +17 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +15
Guns +17 [VAD PP30s +5, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Frag Grenades +5, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Daemonites
Power Loss: Cole has strong telepathic and telekinetic abilities that he can access only in the right stressful situations and/or when teamed with one of his Team 7 teammates. Otherwise, they cannot be power stunted
Relationships: His remaining family, which is few and far between and he has been in love with Zealot for a long time
Rivalry: He and Midnighter have a long rivalry and he also has some bad blood with Deadshot, Bullseye and Deadpool
Secret Identity: He wears his mask to hid his identity of Cole Cash, but somehow people seem to keep finding out who he is
Thrills: He oftentimes takes the path of most resistance just for the thrill of it

Abilities 86 + Skills 51 (102 ranks) + Advantages 45 + Powers 6 + Defenses 21 = 209 / 209

Comments: Grifter is pretty much as iron age as it gets as far as his origins go, but like Deadpool and other characters that actually had a little substance, he’s made the transition to modern comic star. He even made the Wildstorm cut for the New 52 with his own book that I would like to check out, I’ve heard it’s good. Must be the mask, it's pretty cool.

Like most long running heroes, he’s got a ton of backstory and such, so I let you surf the Wikis if you’re not familiar with him, but basically he was combat monkey, then got telepathic and telekinetic powers, then burned them out, then was trained by Zealot to be a better combat monkey, then developed a healing factor and was still pretty much a thrill seeking liar the whole time. My kind of guy.

I made him PL11 since I am not that familiar with him, but he did actually kill Midnighter in their crossover book, so you know he has to be a bad man to pull that off. So I figured he’d have to be at least a PL11 or a very, very lucky PL10 for that to happen so PL11 it is.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:15 pm

Another new item in our WILD AT HEART SPECIAL is a new item for our Villains Line!

A bald super genius who thinks only his intelligence can save the world from superpowered beings...where have I heard that before...?

HENRY BENDIX
PL: 14 (187 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 11, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+6), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception 11 (+16) [Daze, Durable Lie, Skill Mastery, Taunt], Expertise [Civics] 5 (+16), Expertise [Current Events] 4 (+15), Expertise [Science] 9 (+20) [Skill Mastery, Skill Supremacy], Insight 8 (+16) [Assessment], Intimidation 8 (+13), Investigation 8 (+19) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 4 (+12), Persuasion 8 (+13) [Connected], Stealth (+2), Technology 13 (+24) [Inventor, Skill Mastery, Skill Supremacy], Treatment 4 (+15)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (6) (Status 6 – Weatherman One Contacts, Resources, etc.), Clean* (2), Connected, Conspiracy Theorist* (1), Contacts, Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Roll (2), Durable Lie*, Equipment (6), Inventor, Languages (3), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (2), Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery (3) (Deception, Expertise [Science], Technology), Skill Supremacy (2) (Expertise [Science], Technology), Speed of Thought*, Taunt, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(30ep)
30ep for one of his hidden bases

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +7, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: His brilliance sometimes makes him underestimate his opponents and their ability to impact his plans
Enemy: The former members of Stormwatch and The Authority
Motivation: Seeing his plans to fruition, proving him to be true leader of the world

Abilities 80 + Skills 44 (88 ranks) + Advantages 41 + Powers 0 + Defenses 22 = 187 / 187

Comments: Henry Bendix is a great recurring villain the Wildstorm universe. He was the long time Weatherman for Stormwatch and even though he was a bit of a bastard, he always seemed to be fighting the good fight. Then it became apparent that he had some screws loose and like so many supervillains before him, decided that that the best way to save the world was for him to take over, which of course, didn't work out so well. He kind of died, but then it was explained that was an alternate version of himself, then come to find out that version didn't die, but came back and that he had been visited as a child by these extraterrestrials that told him he would save the world, but he would be a villain first, and on and on.

To sum it up, he's a super genius of the highest order, actually created Midnighter and Apollo (and apparently hundreds of other superhumans), has contacts all over the world, favors owed from big friends all over the world, has lord knows how much tech and money stashed and has the ability to come up with whatever he needs to make The Authority's life really, really bad for a while. In other words, a perfect mastermind villain, and the most dangerous kind; the one that truly believes he is doing what is best for the world.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:23 pm

We're still WILD AT HEART here at J-Mart tonight with this new item!

An alien with incredible superpowers that is very idealistic, good to a fault and wears blue and red...where have I seen that before...?

THE HIGH
PL: 15 (287 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+22), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+11), Deception (+5), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation (+5), Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion 7 (+12), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 6 (+11), Stealth (+2), Technology 8 (+10), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Connected, Equipment (10), Inspire (3), Interpose, Leadership, Luck (Heroic Feat) (1), Ranged Attack (3), Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Toughness Check)

POWERS:
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 4 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 4 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 9, Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent), Immortality 1 (1 month); 37 pts
Flying High: 35 pt Dynamic Array; 37 pts
Flight: Flight 15 (64,000 mph), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Super Powers: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Plasma Vision: Plasma Ranged Damage 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Dynamic, Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 2 pts
Super Senses: Senses 17 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 3], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(50ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep
Headquarters:
(45ep)
45ep for his secret fortress

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +5
Plasma Vision +11 [Plasma Vision +15]
Special Attack [Super Breath +10, Area Cone]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +18 (+8 Impervious, Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +15, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: The High is the ultimate man of his word
Man out of Time: He sometimes feels out of place in the modern world where people's values and priorities have changed
Naïve: John wants to believe the best in everyone which sometimes blinds him to deceit or their truly impure nature
Relationships: He had feelings for Jenny Sparks years ago and the two remain good friends
Secret Identity: He has a secret identity of John Cumberland
Vulnerable: He has shown a weakness to Purple Gas which comes from The Bleed
Weakness: He has shown to be vulnerable to a rare mineral called Highnium, which affects him like Kryptonite does Kryptonians

Abilities 112 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 110 + Defenses 22 = 287 / 287

Comments: The High is a Superman analogue from Wildstorm that originally was created for the Stormwatch Change or Die arc. He started out in the 1930’s where he worked mostly behind the scenes and a lot of people didn’t even think he existed and after being disillusioned with society, he went into self-imposed exile. Then he came back in 2005 where he and some other high level heroes, including the first Engineer and Doctor, banded to together to create their own vision of the world and were basically prepared to take out Stormwatch and anyone who opposed them out to do it. He failed of course, and ended up dying at the end.

But of course, no one really dies in comics so he somehow survived and got cloned into an army of Majestic level destroyers that pretty much decimated Earth in the Wildstorm World’s End crossover event. He did come back to lead the fight against them so he redeemed himself. Apparently they gave more backstory about him in that series, I will have to pick it up, I’ve only read Change or Die.

I basically copied my Superman template over for him since he was pretty much the same guy if even more idealistic but with even stronger healing capabilities and Plasma Vision instead of Heat Vision. In my setting, he is one of the leaders of the superhero community since he has returned and has done nothing but increase his legend.

Man, I am going to have to figure out a way to do something fun with all the high level paragons in my setting. Superman, Sentry, Captain Marvel, The High, Icon (coming soon), Mister Majestic, Omni-Man, Thor, Captain Dynamo, Apollo and I know I am missing some…gotta spread them out to balance things, but I would love to have them all fight something really wicked.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Winter, Grifter, Henry Bendix, The High

Post by Horsenhero » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:05 pm

You could have them all throw down against Squirrel Girl.

Of course it would be a devastating loss for all those paragons, but what're ya gonna do? :mrgreen:

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Winter, Grifter, Henry Bendix, The High

Post by EnigmaticOne » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:34 pm

Hmm. It makes me wonder if I could borrow these guys in the Thorp-verse and write out a story using them- with rolls and everything. More than just the standard battle scene thing, not that those aren't fun. :D
Impeach the peach!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:43 pm

We're taking a break from our WILD AT HEART SPECIAL to do something slightly different. This is one of our YOUNG AT HEART SPECIALS hitting the Aisle 7 shelves!

All hail Liefeld, bitches...

Oops...spoke too soon... :shock:

BADROCK
PL: 11 (160 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics 1 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+8), Deception 7 (+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Popular Culture] 5 (+6), Insight (+2), Intimidation 5 (+8), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+7), Stealth (+5), Technology 3 (+4), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Equipment (1), Fast Grab, Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4), Takedown (1), Taunt

POWERS:
Big Dude: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass, Extra: Permanent, Innate); 5 pts
Hard as a Rock: Protection 3, Impervious 8, Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2 [4 total]); 21 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (25,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Alternate Effects of Strength: 2 pts
Groundstomp: Burst Area Affliction 11 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extras: Area Burst 2 [60 ft], Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Instant Recovery, Limited [Badrock must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Groundstrike: Burst Area Damage 11 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Flaw: Badrock and targets must be on the ground); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +7
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +7
Special Attack [Groundstomp Affliction +11, Area Burst; Groundstrike +11, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +15, Fortitude +14, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: He has a greatly lessened since of feeling since his transformation into his rock-like form
Motivation: He has a great sense of using his powers for the good of all
Relationships: His parents, particularly his mom, and he is close to Shaft and some of his other Youngblood teammates

Abilities 86 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 34 + Defenses 10 = 160 / 160

Comments: Picked up a couple of Savage Dragon books a while back and one of them had the Dragon rumbling with Badrock, who picked a fight with him to see if he was worthy of joining Youngblood. Dragon took him down, of course, and then arrested him, which was pretty funny. I haven’t read much Badrock stuff, but what I did I enjoyed so I hope I did him up about right.

And is that second pic beyond Iron Age or what?!?!? :D
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Winter, Grifter, Henry Bendix, The High, Badrock

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Just putting this here while I work on the main Thorpacoverse setting...

THE EARTH-PC SETTING:

GOTHAM CITY/BATVERSE
Batman Family/Allies:
Batman (Bruce Wayne) (PL12)
Batman (Dick Grayson) (PL11)
Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)
Batgirl (Stephanie Brown)
Batwoman
Black Canary
Catwoman
Huntress
Oracle
Red Robin (Tim Drake-Wayne)
Robin (Damian Wayne)

Birds of Prey:
Field Leader: Black Canary
Huntress
Lady Blackhawk
Oracle

GCPD:

Villains:

CHICAGO/DRESDENVERSE/MYSTICAL THORPACOVERSE
Harry's Allies:
Harry Dresden
Bob The Skull
Karrin Murphy
Mouse
Thomas Raith

BPRD and Allies:
Hellboy
The Magdalena
Princess Nuala

TMNT
Donatello
Leonardo
Michelangelo
Raphael

Neutral:

Villains/Monsters:
Black Talon
Prince Nuada
The Shredder
The Foot
The Foot Elite

John Marcone's Empire:
Leader: John Marcone (and Hendricks

Midnight Fire's Gang:
Leader: Midnight's Fire
Bloodshed
Joystick

NEW YORK/SPIDEYVERSE
Spidey's Allies:
Spider-Man (PL11)
Daredevil
Elektra
Iron Fist
John McClane
Luke Cage
The Punisher
Silk Spectre II

GCPD:

Villains:

Doctor Octopus
Grendel (Hunter Rose)

The Kraven Family:
Alyosha Kravinoff
Ana Kravinoff
The Grim Hunter (Vladimir Kravinoff)
Kraven The Hunter

The Sandman
Shocker

The Hood's Crew:
Leader: The Hood

Machete
Mandrill
Razor Fist
Tiger Shark
Zaran The Weapon Master

The Kingpin's Empire:
Leader: The Kingpin

Electro
Bullseye
Shocker
Tombstone

Mister Negative's Gang:
Leader: Mister Negative (and Inner Demons)

Vermin

THE CAPVERSE:
Cap's Allies:
Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Captain America (James Buchanan Barnes)

SHIELD:
John Preston
Nick Fury

Villains:
Protocide

Batroc Ze Leapaire!
Machete
Zaran The Weapon Master

The Red Reich:
Leader: Red Skull

Crossbones

THE X-VERSE:

Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters:

Headmaster - Professor Charles Xavier
Headmistress - - Emma Frost

Instructors -
Beast
Colossus
Jean Grey
Nightcrawler
Wolverine (PL11)

The X-Men:

Leader: Cyclops

Gambit
Iceman
Psylocke
Storm
X-23

X-Allies:

X-Villains:
Blob
The Juggernaut
Magneto
Mystique
Omega Red
Sabretooth

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AVENGERS
Co-Chairperson: Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Co-Chairperson: Superman (Kal-El)
Co-Chairperson: Jenny Sparks
SHIELD/Government Liaison: Nick Fury

Squad Leader: Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Squad Leader: Ms. Marvel
Squad Leader: Black Canary
Squad Leader: Cyclops
Squad Leader: Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
Squad Leader: Jenny Sparks

Members:
Aquaman
Batwoman
Captain America (James Buchanan Barnes)
Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Green Lantern John Stewart
Iron Man
Martian Manhunter
Mockingbird
Red Tornado
The Sentry
She-Hulk
Supergirl
Superman (Kal-El)
Thor
Wasp
Wonder Woman

Part-Time Members/Allies:
Batman (Bruce Wayne) (PL12)
Black Panther
Oracle

YOUNG JUSTICE - YOUNG AVENGERS:
Co-Leader: Red Robin (Tim Drake-Wayne)
Co-Leader: Patriot

YOUNG JUSTICE - TITANS WEST:
Field Leader: Red Robin (Tim Drake-Wayne)

Alphonse Elric
Edward Elric
Kid Flash
Ravager
Superboy (Conner Kent) (PL12)
Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark)
X-23

YOUNG JUSTICE - TITANS EAST:
Field Leader: Aqualad II (Kaldur'ahm)

Invincible

YOUNG AVENGERS:
Field Leader: Patriot

Hawkeye II (Kate Bishop)
Hulkling
Speed
Stature
Thor Girl
The Vision 2.0
Wiccan

JUSTICE SOCIETY INITIATIVE:
Government Sponsor: Amanda Waller
Justice Society Initiative Director: Mister Terrific
JSA Assistant Director: Gi-Ant Man
Lead Training Instructor:
Combat Training Instructor: Wildcat
Technical Training Instructor:
Additional Instructors/Trainers/Staff:
Doctor Midnite III (Pieter Cross)
Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
Hourman (Rick Tyler)
Liberty Belle II
Tigra

Field Leaders:
Power Girl

JSA Initiative Trainees:

Firebreather
Nomad (Rikki Barnes)
Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon)

THE OUTSIDERS:
Co-Leader: Batman (Dick Grayson) (PL11)
Co-Leader: Luke Cage

Lyra (Savage She-Hulk)
Psylocke
Spider-Man (PL11)
Starfire
Wolverine (PL11)
Shop J-Mart!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Thorp encourages battle tests/stories, so I decided to go with a fun unconventional one, trying to assume Batroc has a serious chance of winning. Call me a fool if I want that Frenchmen to be more than a loser, even with his outrageous accent... ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playtest –Batroc vs. Batman

Maneuver Legend: AA – All Out Attack, ACA – Accurate Attack, DA – Defensive Attack, PA – Power Attack, RA – Routine Attack

The Batman glided down onto the GCPD rooftop, his trademark call illuminating the Gotham sky above him. As gravel crunched under his boots, he immediately tensed up as he took in the scene. Though the Bat-Signal was on, there was no presence of Gordon or any other police officers for that matter. The rooftop was bare of people, save himself- and a man in purple and gold costuming that he'd certainly heard of from Captain America.

"Batroc the Leaper."

"Batroc Ze Leaper. Proper emphasis, Monsieur Batman." The savate master pushed off from the metal ventshaft where he'd been leaning again, and uncrossed his folded arms with an infuriating smile on his face. "I understand Monsieur has many questions, but non, non. Batroc will answer. Ze Gendarme Commissioner Gordon? He is, shall we say, currently unavailable. My presence? Mon ami, I merely wish to test my skills against a comparable alternative to Mon Capitan. It is a small request, oui?"

Batman processed all this, and supposed it was worth indulging the Frenchman. Given the psychology and reputation for 'honeur', it was doubtful any serious harm had come to any police or civilians by Batroc's hands, and he could take down the ham most certainly. "Fine. But don't think of causing any more trouble in Gotham." The Caped Crusader warned, taking up a fighting stance.

"Never." Batroc flamboyantly replied.
All right, they each get 1 HP, and Initiative:
Batroc- 1d20+9=18.
Batman- 1d20+8=16.
The moment Batman took to study Batroc's movements and recall the details of Batroc's fighting style consequently ceded the mercenary the initiative. The Leaper charged forward, but as Batman predicted at this point a sudden low sweeping kick, Batroc jumped quicksilver into the air, and threw an equally sudden but surprising roundhouse. Batman rolled to the side, but part of his motion came from Batroc's foot kicking into his shoulder.

The Dark Knight rolled upward, throwing out his cloak in a method that scared street criminals and still left more determined opponents off balance, Batroc, new to the tactic, jumped back for space, but Batman launched a Batarang dead-on. It was too fast to be dodged...

Somehow still, Batroc, instinctively understanding that, snapped his arm into the way, accepting the minor blow to prevent a greater one. Batman's eyes narrowed to slits, as he realized that possibly he was underestimating Batroc a bit.
Round 1
Batroc uses Agile Feint as a move action at -5 vs. Batman's Insight: 1d20+9=21.
Batman's Insight resistance: 1d20+9=16.

Ooch. So now Batroc attacks with Savate Kicks at PA -5/+5: 1d20+10=11. Batroc uses HP to reroll: 1d20+10=16+10=26. It would hit even without the feint.

Batman's Toughness resistance vs DC 25: 1d20+8=16. Batman uses HP to reroll: 1d20+8=24. Batman takes the -1 penalty.

Batman uses Startle as a move action at -5 vs. Batroc's Insight: 1d20+10=26
Batroc's Insight: 1d20+9=17

So Batroc is now with the lower defense. Batman goes for the Batarang at PA -5/+5: 1d20+8=27

Uhoh. Improved Crit means Batroc must test against DC 31.
Batroc's Toughness check: 1d20+7=27

And the Leaper makes it out barely scathed. :D

BATMAN: 0 HP, -1 to resistance checks
BATROC: 0 HP, -1 to resistance checks
"Allez-oop!" Batroc added with a chortle, bluffing a snap kick before going with a knee to the chin. Batman recognized the fake easily, but Batroc's speed and expertise still off-put his defense with a WHANG! to the Dark Knight's chin. The Bat stumbled back, and Batroc spun around to land his heel into the Batman's gut, clearly enjoying himself- and the Most Dangerous Man Alive as declared by Superman caught the Leaper's foot well ahead of target.

Batroc found himself yanked forward, and Batman slammed his palm forward into the sternum before him. Surprisingly, it didn't seem to halt Batroc, who flipped with the blow and landed with a bow. "A most excellent strike, but ze Savate Master like moi, we are the essence of ze Muskeeter fortitude."
Round 2
Batroc comes back in with the same methods, move action Agile Feint at -5: 1d20+9=17.
Batman's Insight: 1d20+9=27.

So Feint ignored.

And Batroc with a Savate Kicks PA -3/+3 this time: 1d20+12=25.

He still hits.
Batman's Toughness vs. DC 23: 1d20+7=16.
Another -1 and Dazed for the Dark Knight.

Batroc Surges and cancels with HP as a complication to Batman, so he gets 1 HP. Savate Kicks normal: 1d20+15=28.

Batroc... I didn't mean for him to do this well...
Batman's Toughness vs. DC 20: 1d20+6=26. DENIED.

Batman goes with the unarmed PA -5/+5: 1d20+15=23.

Batroc's Toughness Save vs. DC 24: 1d20+6=24. And Batroc DENIES too.

BATMAN: 1 HP, -2 to resistance checks, Dazed
BATROC: 0 HP, -1 to resistance checks
The next trade of blows left Batroc swaying and Batman adapting to the Savate style at last. "Give up Batroc. You can't win."
Round 3
Batroc, Agile Feint Move Action -5, you know it: 1d20+9=25.
Batman's Insight: 1d20+9=12.

Batroc's Savate Kicks PA -5/+5: 1d20+10=15. Batroc uses an HP, complication to Bats. 1d20+10=28.

Batman's Toughness Save vs. DC 25: 1d20+6=19. HP reroll: 1d20+6=26. BLOCKED.

And Batman goes with a Unarmed PA -5/+5: 1d20+15=30.

Batroc's Toughness vs. DC 24: 1d20+6=19. Batroc gets his -1 and Dazed, poor Frenchie. And Batman goes for the surge, and cancel with HP.

Batman's Unarmed PA -5/+5: 1d20+15=30. Heh.

Batroc's Toughness vs. DC 24: 1d20+5=13. Ouch, Batroc's going to use an HP as a complication to Batman... 1d20+5=9+10=19.

BATMAN: 1 HP, -2 to resistance checks
BATROC: 0 HP, -3 to resistance checks, Dazed.
"Never! Ze rules of honneur deny it!" Batroc declaimed, before coming back in with renewed vigor--- [I got tired of writing, Rounds after this are below.]

Both master combatants were sweating and clearly going to be limping for a little bit. Batroc suddenly lifted a hand, and stepped back bowing. "Merci beaco- oh... my derriere!" Rubbing the body part in question, he still managed the same smile that had pissed off the Caped Crusader earlier. "I believe this trial has sufficed for moi- as it stands, Batroc the Lady's Man has one such young mademoiselle expecting his company now. Au revoire, Monsieur Batman."

Batman was in disbelief for a moment as Batroc suddenly leaped off the edge of the building, onto a metal outer staircase, groaning but now singing the French national anthem. Batman gritted his teeth and placed a sudden call to a Mr. Steven Rogers. "Cap? We need to talk."

Winner: Tie- unless you count Batroc scoring... 8)
Round 4
Batroc is going to go out full throttle here, Savate Kicks AA and PA -5/+5: 1d20+15=24.

Batman's Toughness vs. DC 25: 1d20+6=16. Another -1 and Dazed, but Batroc is on the ropes anyway.

Batman's Unarmed PA -3/+3: 1d20+17=21. It still hits since Batroc's AA drained his defense.

Batroc's Toughness vs. DC 22: 1d20+4=24. Lot's of Nat 20s today.

BATMAN: 1 HP, -3 to resistance checks, Dazed
BATROC: 0 HP, -3 to resistance checks.
Round 5
Now that Batroc is not Dazed, it's time for the Agile Feinting: 1d20+9=28.
Batman's Insight check: 1d20+9=12.

And Batroc this time uses a DA -3/+3 and PA -5/+5: 1d20+7=16. Batroc uses EE to boost his attack so that it can hit, no canceling.

Batman's Toughness vs DC 25: 1d20+5=13. Batman gets -1 and Staggered.

The Bat strikes back with PA -5/+5 Unarmed: 1d20+15=19. A miss? HP to reroll! 1d20+15=31.

Batroc's Toughness vs. DC 24: 1d20+4=18.

BATMAN: 0 HP, -4 to resistance checks, Staggered.
BATROC: 0 HP, -4 to resistance checks, Fatigued, Dazed.
Round 6
Batroc's Savate Kicks PA -5/+5: 1d20+10=24.

Batman's Toughness vs. DC 25: 1d20+4=16.

Batman's Unarmed PA -5/+5: 1d20+15=34. Improved Crit.

Batroc's Toughness vs DC 29: 1d20+3=19

BATMAN: 0 HP, -5 to resistance checks, Staggered.
BATROC: 0 HP, -5 to resistance checks, Fatigued, Staggered.
Round 7
Batroc's Savate Kicks PA -5/+5: 1d20+10=26.

Batman's Toughness vs. DC 25: 1d20+3=22.

Batman's Unarmed PA -5/+5: 1d20+15=16. HP reroll, complication to Batroc: 1d20+15=24+10=34.

Batroc's Toughness vs DC 24: 1d20+3=15.

BATMAN: 0 HP, -6 to resistance checks, Staggered.
BATROC: 0 HP, -6 to resistance checks, Fatigued, Staggered.
Impeach the peach!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm not going to bash on Batroc, Enigmaticone. He was one of my favorite Captain America villains when I was a kid.

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:49 pm

I won't bash Batroc eather. The first time I saw him was in an issue of the Gambit series back when I was in High School and he was a legitimate threat.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Batroc has always been a legitimate badass in my mind. A badass wis ze helariouz accunt, zo zat he ess boss kewl und humarous.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Gazman wrote:Batroc has always been a legitimate badass in my mind. A badass wis ze helariouz accunt, zo zat he ess boss kewl und humarous.
The slow cap starts...builds up...then becomes a chorus of applause...

Good job, oh EnigmaticOne! As the internet is my witness, I swear I was going to do that fight myself, I even wrote an intro last year. But I'm glad you actually came through with it. I'm glad my Batroc performed well. I probably could have made that PC Batman a little more combat capable, but I tried to spread out the points to make him a more well-rounded character. He still fought pretty well, though.

I always thought Batroc was a fun character, even with the exaggerated French accent.

So what's next? 8) :?:
Shop J-Mart!

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Everybody versus Galactus :twisted:

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:32 pm

Gazman wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:
Everybody versus Galactus :twisted:
Funny you should mention that...
Thorpacolypse wrote:A TEAM WRECKER SPECIAL IMPORT hits the Aisle 2 shelves.

No living Thing dares ignore my Call. For I am that which has always been, since this Universe was birthed from the Ashes of the Last. I am the Hunger that dooms Worlds. I am he who is beyond such frail Concepts as good and evil. I am Galactus.

GALACTUS
PL: 20 (684 pts) - OPL: 20 ; DPL: 20

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 23, STAMINA 20, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 15, AWARENESS 15, PRESENCE 15

SKILLS: Athletics (+23), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+15), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 15 (+30), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 10 (+25), Insight 8 (+23), Intimidation 5 (+20/+28), Investigation 2 (+17) [Well-Informed], Perception (+15), Persuasion (+15), Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 10 (+12), Stealth (+1/-15), Technology 15 (+30) [Inventor], Vehicles 9 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (23), Fearless, Inventor, Sidekick (60) (300 pt Herald), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Comprehendible Cosmic Entity Size: Growth 16 (+16 Str, +16 Sta, -8 Dodge/Parry, -16 Stealth, +8 Intimidation, Speed +2, +16 Mass, Extra: Innate, Permanent); 33 pts
Immortality: Immunity 13 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds, Extra: Persistent); 17 pts
Cosmic Awareness: Comprehend Languages 4 (Speak, Understand, Read, Write All languages), Senses 4 (Cosmic Awareness [Mental, Extended 4]); 13 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 15 (Extra: Effortless), Communication 5 (Anywhere, Mental), Immunity 10 (Mental Effects, Flaw: Limited [Half effect]); 70 pts
Galactus Armor: 11 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 9 pts
Body Armor: Impervious 5; 10 pts
Cosmic Energy Regulation: Feature 1 (Maintains Comprehendible form); 1 pt

Force Fields: Enhanced Dodge 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 6, (Flaw: Sustained), Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 10 (Flaw: Sustained); 42 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: 80 pt array; 84 pts
Cosmic Wave: Cone Area Damage 20 (Extra: Area Cone 2 [120 ft], Selective); 80 pts
Cosmic Burst: Burst Area Damage 20 (Extra: Area Burst 2 [60 ft], Selective); 1 pt
Cosmic Blast: Ranged Damage 28; 1 pt

Power Cosmic: 140 pt array, 101 pts
Behold, the Power Cosmic!: Variable 20 (100 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move Action], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 140 pts
Power Cosmic Bestowal: Variable 20 (100 pts traits, Extra: Affects Others Only, Ranged, Flaw: Slow); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(115ep)
Vehicle: (111ep)
Size – Awesome, Toughness – 20, Features (Communications, Computer, Defense System, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Living Space, Power System, Security System 3; Powers: Flight 20, Movement 3 [Space Travel 3], Senses 39 (Detect Energy 20 [Ranged, Extended 18], Detect Spheres Capable Of Supporting Life [Ranged, Extended 19]); 111ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +23]
Ranged Attack +2
Cosmic Energy Control +12 [Cosmic Energy Blast +28]
Special Attack [Cosmic Energy Burst +20, Area Burst; Cosmic Energy Wave +20, Area Cone]

DEFENSES:
Dodge 0 (+6 with Force Field) [DC10/16] Parry +2 (+8 with Force Field) [DC12/18]; Toughness +20 (+5 Impervious, +30 with Force Field, +15 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +22, Will +18

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: His near infinite power and immortality can cause him to underestimate his opponents
Weakness: Galactus requires energies obtainable only from a certain type of planet in order to sustain his life. The suitable type of planet need not to be one where life is present, but it must have the potential to support life. The longer he goes without feeding the more his strength, power, and cosmic awareness wane. His powers will decrease substantially after 1 month without feeding, and if he goes long enough without sustenance it could potentially prove fatal for him

Abilities 138 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Advantages 88 + Powers 408 + Defenses 12 = 684 / 684

Comments: Since I HAD to make a build with more points than Larfleeze, here is the Galactus of the Thorpacoverse. At PL19, he is conceivably beatable by the Justice League or Lanterns Corps, but it’s not bloody likely unless he is weak from not feeding. With +30 Toughness and a +19 Cone Area blast, it will take a massive amount of luck for him to be challenged by my at VERY best PL14 heroes. Now my upcoming PL16-ish Odin or Zeus might have a shot, or even the DCA Darkseid, but I doubt it.

Still, it's a far from perfect build and I plan on taking another run at him later on. I liked BARON'S idea of allowing him to do a lot, just not anytime he wants, so I made his Variable Power unreliable so he couldn't use it every round and if he's a in a real scrap, he can use Extra Effort to keep going. I also totally swiped IK's build of his Worldship, since it is long known that I HATE building vehicles and headquarters.

I would kind of like to see just how much damage he could do a large contingent of heroes, but I need to do some smaller tests first to make it a decent fight.
Look at who I just updated to PL20... :wink:
Shop J-Mart!