J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Our specials continue to be all over the board at J-Mart! Check out this TEAM WRECKER SPECIAL on Aisle 2!

I can't decide what's worse, the color scheme or the cosmic/techno-organic dreadlocks.

TYRANT
PL: 18 (471 pts) - OPL: 18 ; DPL: 18

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 20, STAMINA 20, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 10, AWARENESS 10, PRESENCE 10

SKILLS: Athletics (+20), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+10), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 13 (+23), Expertise [Science] 13 (+23), Insight 8 (+18), Intimidation 12 (+22) [Startle], Perception (+10), Persuasion (+10), Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 5 (+12), Stealth (+1), Technology 13 (+23) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (31), Favored Foe (Galactus), Fearless, Inventor, Minions (30) (50 – 165 pt robots), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4), Startle, Takedown (1), Trance

POWERS:
Massive Cosmic Being: Growth 8 (+8 Str, +8 Sta, -4 Dodge/Parry, -8 Stealth, +4 Intimidation, Speed +1, +8 Mass; Extra: Innate); 17 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 2, Impervious 9, Immunity 10 (Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 33 pts
Force Fields: Enhanced Parry 4, Enhanced Dodge 4, Protection 4, Impervious 4 (Flaw: All Sustained); 20 pts
Mental Resistance: Immunity 10 (Mental Effects, Flaw: Limited [Half effect]; 5 pts
Interfacing: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Machines); 4 pts
Technopathy: 60 pt Array; 62 pts
Deactivate Technology: Burst Area Nullify Technology 12 (Extra: Area Burst 2 [60-ft radius], Broad [Technological], Simultaneous); 60 pts
Animate Machines: Summon Animated Object 8 (120 pt Object; Extra: Controlled, General Type [Machines], Flaw: Self-Powered); 1 pt
Control Technology: Perception Ranged Affliction 16 (Resisted/Overcome by Technology skill or Will; 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Range [Perception Ranged], Flaw: Limited Degree [third degree only], Affects Objects Only, Limited [to Technology]); 1 pt

Cosmic Energy Control: 72 pt array; 74 pts
Cosmic Wave: Cone Area Damage 18 (Extra: Area Cone 2 [120 ft], Selective); 72 pts
Cosmic Burst: Burst Area Damage 18 (Extra: Area Burst 2 [60 ft], Selective); 1 pt
Cosmic Blast: Ranged Damage 24; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(155ep)
Headquarters: (52ep)
Tyrant's Fortress: Size - Awesome, Tough - 22, Features - Communications, Computer, Defense System, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Living Space, Personnel [Robots], Power System, Security System [DC25], Effect [Energy Transfer Machine: Still working on the mechanics...]; 52 pts
103ep for Space Battlecruisers

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +20]
Ranged Attack +7
Cosmic Energy Control +12 [Cosmic Energy Blast +24]
Special Attack [Cosmic Energy Burst +18, Area Burst; Cosmic Energy Wave +18, Area Cone]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +22, Fortitude +20, Will +16

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: His massive cosmic power makes him overconfident at times and he can underestimate his opponents
Enemy: Galactus, The Heralds of Galactus and the Guardians of the Universe. Thanos is not fond of him, either
Obsession: Defeating Galactus and conquering the cosmos
Temper: His cosmic level rage can overwhelm him at times

Abilities 136 + Skills 33 (66 ranks) + Advantages 72 + Powers 215 + Defenses 15 = 471 / 471

Comments: I reworked Galactus a bit just so I could make this dude. Tyrant is a Galactus/Thanos foe that has shown up from time to time when the Marvel writers need another cosmic threat to throw at folks. To sum up, he was one of Galactus’ first creations, given cosmic power that rivaled Galactus himself. Of course he rebelled, they fought, whole galaxies were destroyed in their battle, but Galactus won and stripped him of a lot of his power. He popped up again, having figured out a way to siphon energy from other cosmic beings to start getting his power back and he ended up fighting (all at one time, mind you) The Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Morg, Jack of Hearts (his powered up version) and Thanos (and I think I am missing someone) and he won. So I think this PL18 is pretty solid, if not low.

I wasn’t for sure on all his abilities so I basically gave him a lot of Galactus’ powers just toned down a wee bit and added his Technopathy, which the Marvel Wiki gave some info on. He's sucky concept, but a helluva powerhouse.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

#515, 818, 819

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:53 pm

We've got another TEAM WRECKER SPECIAL hitting the Aisle 2 shelves!

I am Annihilus ... Lord of the Negative Zone! Annihilus, the Living Death that walks! - Annihilus

ANNIHILUS

PL: 15 (267 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12 [16], STAMINA 12 [16], AGILITY 4 [6], DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 3 [7], PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+12/+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+4), Expertise [Negative Zone] 14 (+20), Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+15), Insight (+3/+7), Intimidation 9 (+13), Perception 2 (+5/+9), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 8 (+12), Stealth (+4/+6), Technology 10 (+16)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (10) (Status, Resources 10 – Ruler of the Negative Zone), Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Withstand Damage (1)

POWERS:
Insectoid Wings: Flight 7 (250 mph/1/2 mpr; Flaw: Wings), Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained); 11 pts
Exoskeleton: Impervious 7; 14 pts
Cosmic Control Rod: 103 pts traits, Removable (-21 pts); 82 pts
Enhanced Abilities: Enhanced Strength 4, Enhanced Stamina 4, Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Awareness 4; 28 pts
Life Sustaining: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support); 11 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]); 4 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood in all languages); 6 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: 54 pt Array; 56 pts
Cosmic Energy Blast: Ranged Multiattack Cosmic Energy Damage 18; 54 pts
Cosmic Energy Burst: Burst Area Cosmic Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Selective); 1 pt
Matter Transformation: Transform 10 (Anything into anything); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +12; Cosmic Control Rod Unarmed+16]
Ranged Attack +4
Cosmic Energy Blast +12 [Cosmic Energy Blast +18, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Cosmic Energy Burst +13, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +12 (+16 with Cosmic Control Rod, +7 Impervious), Fortitude +12 [+16], Will +10 [+14]

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Fantastic Four, Blastaar.
Motivation: He hates all life and feels compelled to destroy it and be the last living thing in the universe. But until then, he must rule all he surveys.
Obsession: The Cosmic Control Rod is his obsession, and he is constantly paranoid that someone is coming to steal it.
Weakness: If he loses the Control Rod, he starts aging rapidly, and all of his physical traits become impaired within a day, disabled within a week, and debilitated within a month.

Abilities 110 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 105 + Defenses 11 = 267 / 267

Comments: The rest FF book I ever read as a kid in the 70’s I believe was the 2nd time the FF had to go into the Negative Zone to confront Annihilus. Sue was pregnant with Franklin and was in bad shape and Reed found out that it was the cosmic radiation they had all absorbed during their fateful space mission and that if it wasn’t dealt with, both Sue and Franklin could die. And the cure could be found in the Cosmic Control Rod, which of course the Big A was not going to give up willingly. So the 3 guys went through the portal, big fight ensured, Reed siphoned what he needed form the Rod and all was well. Fun Silver Agey stuff.

So of course, Annihilus has been a fave of mine ever since and I love it when he shows up. Only money has kept me from the Annihilation series and once Uncle Sam pays me back, it will no longer hold me back! Annihilus is a pretty simple build, really. The Rod enhances his abilities and he can actually hang with a couple of the FF members for a while without it, but with it, he can take the whole FF on his own. I think I will whip up an Annihilation Wave version just for Mike5000us once I have the books. That should be fun.

Secret Origins: Long ago in the Negative Zone, when the Tyannans seeded life spores on barren planets, one of their ships got hit by a meteor and was sent onto the volcanic planet Arthros. Before dying, the crew released spores. Many years later, one of the spores evolved into an insectoid creature. Due to a mutation he had a high intelligence. Finding the wreckage of a Tyannan starship, he used a special helmet to transfer all information about the advanced Tyannan technology to himself. This caused him to grow stronger and smarter, gaining a "Cosmic Control Rod" and body armaments. The creature became known as Annihilus and he set out to destroy anything that was a threat to his existence. He planned to conquer or destroy all planets nearby Arthros. Other creatures came from the spores as well, but Annihilus used his power so he would rule above them.

The Story so Far: When Sue Storm was having cosmic ray-related pregnancy complications, the remaining three of the Fantastic Four went into the Negative Zone to find anti-particles that could treat Sue. Annihilus's minions captured Reed, Johnny, and Ben, but the three managed to escape with the cosmic control rod. After siphoning off the needed particles and returning to earth, they returned it to the Negative Zone.

Annihilus has become aware that the Positive Zone universe is starting to over take the Negative Zone. With his army, the Annihilation Wave, Annihilus has travelled to the Positive Zone and began a purge of all life that his wave has come upon. He sent out seekers to capture the Heralds of Galactus. He made a deal with Thanos that saw the capture of Galactus himself possible. The Annihilation Wave has destroyed countless worlds. At this time, Annihilus also gained possession of the Quantum Bands.

While Annihilus had led everyone to believe that he planned to conquer the Positive Zone and become ruler of the universe, he secretly planned to use Galactus as a massive Power Cosmic bomb to destroy both universes. Thanos learned of his plans, but was killed by Drax before he could set Galactus free. Drax freed the Silver Surfer, who was able to free Galactus. An angry Galactus completely destroyed the Annihilation Wave in one massive attack.

Still not discouraged and knowing full well he could regroup his armies, Annihilus faced off against Nova. Possessing both the Cosmic Control Rod and the Quantum Bands, Nova seemed to have little chance of destroying Annihilus. When Phyla-Vell was able to take the Bands from him, Nova was on a more level playing field. Nova was able to kill Annihilus by ripping his intestines out through his mouth.

But Annihilus can never truly die, he is reborn constantly. His latest incarnation has grown rapidly, and more powerfully than ever and scouts in the Negative Zone have relayed to Reed Richards that Annihilus has been building a new Annihilation Wave that will dwarf his last one. And that he is simply biding his time, waiting for his next opporuntity to lash out at the universe.

Characterization: Annihilus believes that he should be the supreme, and last being in the universe and both this, and the Negative Zone should be his to rule. His reason is the only reason he listens to and he loathes pretty much all other life. His strategic intelligence and his nearly limitless resources truly make him a threat to all like.

Friends and Foes: He has plenty of enemies but his biggest rivalries are with Blastaar, who he has been at war with for years over who is the rightful ruler of the Negative Zone, and the Fantastic Four, who have thwarted his plans several times over the years.

Clean Up 2/17/13: I finally read Annihilation and I loved it. I haven't really altered my Annihilus build much yet, I might raise him up a PL for an Annihilation version, though I don't think this far off. It's mainly Big A's resources that made him a massive cosmic threat. I've been playing around a little bit with the Mass Combat stuff from the Gamemaster's Guide and I really like it. While I will build some Arthrian archetypes for minions, I wanted to use those Mass Combat rules for them as well, since the battle scenes in the book are pretty much all mass combat with the rare exceptions of when the heroes faced Ravenous, the Centurions, some of the mind controlled cosmic characters or Annihilus himself.

Clean Up 2/28/13: Finally got around to more of the Annihilation Wave crew for Big A. In addition, I pumped Annihilus himself up a PL15 to make him more of threat on his own. I left my original PL14 version of him on the bottom of this for future reference. But here are more members of the Wave:

ERADICA, EXTERMINA AND EXTIRPIA
PL: 10 (111 pts) - OPL: 6 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY -2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 7 (+7), Deception 5 (+8), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 8 (+13), Expertise [Negative Zone] 8 (+13), Expertise [Tactics] 2 (+7), Insight 6 (+11), Intimidation 4 (+7/+9), Perception (+5), Persuasion 2 (+5), Stealth (-2/-6), Technology 4 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Status – Annihilus’ Hive Queens), Chokehold, Diehard, Prone Fighting

POWERS:
Queen Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Carapace: Protection 2, Impervious 3; 8 pts
Arthrian Senses: Senses 5 (Low-light Vision, Tremorsense [Touch, Ranged, Extended, Radius]); 5 pts
Hive Mind: Communication 5 (Mental, Anywhere; Extra: Area, Flat, Selective, Flaw: Limited [Annihilation Wave only]); 31 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative -2
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +5]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge -4 [DC6] Parry -2 [DC8]
Toughness +8 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +9, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: As hive queens, they are basically immobile due to their bulk and need to be connected to their ships
Responsibility: To their Lord/Husband/Son Annihilus

Abilities 28 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 47 + Defenses 8 = 111 / 111

Comments: Annihilus’ queens who have the Hive Mind that drives the Annihilation Wave. Once Firelord took one of them out, the United Front realized the squads would fall apart and with enough firepower, you could easily scatter them. I need to add a note somewhere to note that if whichever of them is coordinating the Mass Combat squad falls, their Morale drops to -5.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARTHRIANS (BRUTES)
PL: 5 (39 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+6), Deception (-2), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+2), Intimidation 3 (+1/+2), Perception 2 (+2), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (-2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold

POWERS:
Brute Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Carapace: Protection 2, Impervious 3; 8 pts
Arthrian Senses: Senses 6 (Communication Link [Mental, Hive Queens], Low-light Vision, Tremorsense [Touch, Ranged, Extended, Radius]); 6 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +6]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 [DC12] Parry +3 [DC13]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Arthrians are near-sighted
Responsibility: To their Lord Annihilus

Abilities 12 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 13 + Defenses 7 = 39 / 39

Comments: The big brute Arthrians.
ARTHRIANS (BRAWLERS)
PL: 5 (52 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+6), Deception (-2), Expertise [Survival] 6 (+3), Intimidation 4 (+2), Perception 2 (+2), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Hold

POWERS:
Four Armed: Extra Limbs 2 (2 Arms); 2 pts
Carapace: Protection 1, Impervious 2; 5 pts
Arthrian Senses: Senses 6 (Communication Link [Mental, Hive Queens], Low-light Vision, Tremorsense [Touch, Ranged, Extended, Radius]); 6 pts
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Split); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +4; Claws +5]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +5 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Arthrians are near-sighted

Abilities 20 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 15 + Defenses 7 = 52 / 52

Comments: The four-armed footsoldiers.
ARTHRIANS (GIANTS)
PL: 6 (68 pts) - OPL: 6 ; DPL: 6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+9), Deception (-2), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+2), Intimidation (-2/+2), Perception 3 (+3), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (-8)

ADVANTAGES: Improved Trip

POWERS:
Giant Insect Size: Growth 8 (+8 Str, +8 Sta, -4 Dodge/Parry, -8 Stealth, +4 Intimidation, Speed +1, +8 Mass, Reach 2 [10 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 17 pts
Four Armed: Extra Limbs 4 (4 Legs); 2 pts
Carapace: Protection 3, Impervious 5; 13 pts
Eye Beams: Ranged Damage 8; 16 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +0
Eye Beams +4 [Eye Beams +8]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +0 [DC10] Parry +0 [DC10]
Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Arthrians are near-sighted and the giants cannot speak, nor use their legs to easily manipulate objects

Abilities 0 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 54 + Defenses 9 = 70 / 70

Comments: The giant, bug things with eye beams.
ARTHRIANS (STINGERS)
PL: 4 (50 pts) - OPL: 4 ; DPL: 4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Deception (-2), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+2), Intimidation (-2), Investigation , Perception 3 (+3), Persuasion (-2/-4), Stealth (+2/+6)

ADVANTAGES: Favored Environment (Flying)

POWERS:
Flying Arthrian Bug: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Carapace: Protection 1, Impervious 2; 5 pts
Wings: Flight 4 (30 mph, Flaw: Wings); 4 pts
Stinger: Piercing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Linked), Weaken Stamina 2 (Extra: Linked); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +0; Stinger +1]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +3 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +4, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Arthrians are near-sighted and stingers cannot use their legs to easily manipulate objects

Abilities 10 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 27 + Defenses 7 = 50 / 50

Comments: The flying bug things. I don’t know if their tail stinger really works like that, but it does in the Thorpacoverse, I guess.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANNIHILATION WAVE MASS COMBAT:

CORPS (20,000-50,000): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 19, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 17, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
DIVISION (9,000-15,000): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 18, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 16, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
BRIGADE (6,000-8,000): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 17, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
REGIMENT 1 (3,000-4,000): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 16, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
REGIMENT 2 (1,250-2,750): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
BATALLION 1 (500-1,000): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 11, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 8, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 10, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 11, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 9, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 6, DAMAGE 10, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 8, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 5, DAMAGE 9, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 7, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 4, DAMAGE 8, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 6, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 3, DAMAGE 7, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 5, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 1, DAMAGE 5, DEFENSE 1, TOUGHNESS 3, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 3

My more general Annihilus build for future reference:
ANNIHILUS[/color]
PL: 14 (237 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12 [16], STAMINA 12 [16], AGILITY 4 [6], DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 3 [7], PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+12/+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+4), Expertise [Negative Zone] 14 (+20), Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+15), Insight (+3/+7), Intimidation 9 (+13), Perception 2 (+5/+9), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 6 (+10), Stealth (+4/+6), Technology 12 (+18)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (6) (Status 6 – Ruler of the Negative Zone), Leadership, Move-by Action

POWERS:
Insectoid Wings: Flight 7 (250 mph; Flaw: Wings); 7 pts
Exoskeleton: Impervious 5; 10 pts
Cosmic Control Rod: 85 pts traits, Removable (-17 pts); 68 pts
Enhanced Abilities: Enhanced Strength 4, Enhanced Stamina 4, Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Awareness 4; 28 pts
Life Sustaining: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support); 11 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2); 4 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand All Languages); 4 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: 36 pt array; 38 pts
Cosmic Energy Blast: Cosmic Energy Ranged Damage 18; 36 pts
Cosmic Energy Burst: Burst Area Cosmic Energy Damage 12 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Selective); 1 pt
Matter Transformation: Transform 7 (Anything into anything); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +12; Cosmic Control Rod Enhanced Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +4
Cosmic Energy Blast +10 [Cosmic Energy Blast +18]
Special Attack [Cosmic Energy Burst +12, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +16 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +12 [+16], Will +8 [+12]

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Fantastic Four
Obsession: The Cosmic Control Rod is his obsession, and he is constantly paranoid that someone is coming to steal it
Rivalry: Blastaar
Weakness: If he loses the Control Rod, he starts aging rapidly, and all of his physical traits become impaired within a day, disabled within a week, and debilitated within a month

Abilities 110 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 85 + Defenses 7 = 237 / 237
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:58 pm

The TEAM WRECKER SPECIALS just keep on rolling tonight at J-Mart!

Aw, yeah...check out Easy B big pimpin' in da Negative Zone, G...

BLASTAAR
PL: 13 (227 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 11, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+16), Deception 2 (+7), Expertise [Negative Zone] 8 (+10), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+10), Insight (+3), Intimidation 10 (+15), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+5), Ranged Combat [Blast] 4 (+11), Stealth (+3), Technology 7 (+9), Vehicles 2 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (6) (Status, Wealth, Resources 6 – Ruler of the Negative Zone), Chokehold, Close Attack (3), Diehard, Favored Foe (Annihilus), Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1), Trance

POWERS:
Baluurian Physique: Protection 2, Impervious 6, Immunity 10 (Flaw: Sustained), Feature 1 (Increased Mass); 25 pts
Living Bomb Burst: 36 pt array; 38 pts
Bomb Burst: Burst Area Force Damage 12 (Extra: Burst Area 2 [60 ft radius]); 36 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Damage 15; 1 pt
Burst Flight: Flight 12 (8000 mph/16 mpr), Movement 1 (Space Travel 1 [Other Planets in Solar System]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +11]
Ranged Attack +7
Blast +11 [Blasts +15]
Special Attack [Bomb Burst +12, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +15 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Fantastic Four
Motivation: Ruling the Negative Zone and beyond
Rivalry: Annihilus

Abilities 102 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 63 + Defenses 16 = 227 / 227

Build Comments: A recurring FF foe, Blastaar. He got some decent run in War of Kings and Annihilation so I made him pretty formidable, although the FF usually hands him his butt pretty quickly. Still, he is Annihilus' only real rival for ruling the Negative Zone, so PL13 felt about right for him.

Secret Origins: Blastaar once ruled the planet Baluur in the Negative Zone. The inhabitants revolted and set him adrift in space, there he came across Mister Fantastic, who was returning to Earth with the Inhuman Triton, and he followed them through a portal. He teamed up with some other villains, but the Fantastic Four and Crystal managed to defeat them and send Blastaar back to his own dimension.

The Story so Far: He has tried to conquer Earth on other occasions, without success.
Blastaar became king of Baluur again and expanded his territory significantly. When his empire made contact with Annihilus', they became rivals and have been so for years.

Blastaar aided the Spaceknights and Nova in his attempt to assassinate Annihilus during the Annihilation conflict. After Annihilus’ defeat, Blastaar became king of the Negative Zone, however with Annihilus’ rebirth, his rule has been challenged once again and he remains at war with his old foe.

Characterization: Blastaar is very single-minded in his quest for power and while he has certainly had his share of run-ins with Earth’s, and the galaxy’s heroes, he has aided them when it’s suited his purposes.

Friends and Foes: His greatest rivalry is with Annihilus, but he has no love lost for the Fantastic Four and The Green Lantern Corps, who have opposed him many times in quest for power in the positive matter universe.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:08 pm

This TEAM WRECKER SPECIAL is also a BLACK LIGHT SPECIAL for Aisle 2!

THANK YOU, HELL, YOU'VE BEEN A GREAT CROWD!!! GOOD NIGHT!!!

BLACKHEART
PL: 15 (298 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 19, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 9, AWARENESS 9, PRESENCE 9

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+21), Deception 11 (+20), Expertise [Hell] 7 (+16), Expertise [Magic] 7 (+16) [Artificer, Ritualist], Insight 9 (+18), Intimidation 14 (+23) [Daze, Startle], Perception (+9), Persuasion (+9), Ranged Combat [Darkforce Control] 3 (+11), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Artificer, Benefit (5) (Status – Ruler of Darkforce Dimension of Hell), Close Attack (2), Daze (1) (Intimidation), Favored Environment (His dimension), Fearless, Ranged Attack (6), Ritualist, Startle

POWERS:
Demonic Physiology: Immunity 21 (Life Support, Aging, Soul Effects, Mind Control), Regeneration 5 (1/every other round), Immortality 1 (1 month), Impervious 6; 39 pts
Tongues: Comprehend 3 (Speak, Understand, Write All Languages); 6 pts
Sense Evil: Senses 8 (Detect Evil [Mental, Ranged, Acute, Extended 5]); 8 pts
Go to Hell: Movement 1 (Dimensional Movement [Earth/Hell], Extra: Affects Others, Area Burst 2 [60 ft radius], Selective); 6 pts
Levitation: Flight 5 (60 mph); 10 pts
Dark Magic Array: 60 pt array; 66 pts
Darkforce Burst: Burst Area Damage 15 (Extra: Area Burst 2 [60 ft], Selective]); 60 pts
Darkforce Tendrils: Burst Area Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Area Burst 2 [60 ft radius], Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited [to 2 Degrees]); 1 pt
Mass Mind Control: Perception Ranged Burst Area Affliction 11 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Area Burst 2 [60 ft radius], Cumulative, Subtle, Flaw: Distracting); 1 pt
Telekinesis: Move Object 19 (Extra: Damaging); 1 pt
Telepathy: Mind Reading 12, Communication 4 (Worldwide, Extra: Dimensional); 1 pt
Darkforce Magic: Variable 10 (50 pts traits, Mystic Descriptor, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Soul Stealing: Perception Ranged Affliction 15 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobile, 3rd: Paralyzed, Extra: Cumulative, Range [Perception], Flaw: Limited 2 [Astral bodies only]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +8
Darkforce Control +11 [Darkforce Blast +19; Telekinesis +19]
Special Attack [Darkforce Burst +15, Area Burst; Darkforce Tendrils +12, Area Burst; Soul Stealing Affliction +16, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +19, Fortitude +19, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: He and his father his a long running contentious relationship but from time to time, they actually connect…although it's very rare…and usually involves something very eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil
Enemy: Ghost Rider
Motivation: Overthrowing his father and taking over Hell
Plot Device: He is nigh omnipotent in his layer of hell, making him pretty much a PLX character there
Vulnerable: Blackheart is vulnerable to holy weapons, taking an extra degree of failure against them

Abilities 148 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 90 + Defenses 12 = 298 / 298

Comments: Blackheart has been around the Marvel U for a long time, mainly making life, um, hell for the Ghost Riders. But recently he got some run as the main baddie in the Venom: Circle of Four book. He was still messing with the new Ghost Rider, but also got to fight Venom, Rulk and X-23, too. I’ve heard it’s a fun book, I’ll have to pick up the trade later this year.

Blackheart as a build was hard, much like most powerful characters, it’s hard to pick a PL and hard to narrow down what they can do, because they get shown doing all kinds of crazy stuff. But with him, I went pretty basic. He’s way strong, can blast really hard, can take Astral Forms (thanks BARON for that mechanic) and is hard to put down, REALLY hard for the Ghost Rider I built. But he’s not all powerful by any means, and the Avengers or JLA would take him out but Ghost Rider or a handful of heroes, he's a tough out.
Shop J-Mart!

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart: Tyrant, Annihilus, Blastaar, Blackheart

Post by Mike5000us » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Wow a PL 20 Galactus, and his first PL 18 creation? Nice!!! I would love to see your version of the Annihilation Wave!!! Can you stat up Death, the sister/daughter/mother of Galactus? According to the comics, Death and Eternity are equivalent to Galactus in power. In general they are PL X beings however there are time when they are defeated by extremely lucky low PL characters. For example, Eternity was defeated by Dormammu (a magical entity equivalent to Odin/Zeus).
"Ah man, I guess I'm just going to have to kill you now!"

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:18 am

Man, it seems like EVERYONE's on a Cosmic Kick these days. Mike5000 must've needed eight changes of pants by this point :). Nice stuff Thorp- and yes, Annihilus is a bad-ass. However, if you're talking about Annihilation- Annihilus only captured Galactus because a couple of Galactus-class Cosmics from the Big Bang, Aegis & Tenebrous, defeated him and trussed him up in Annihilus' Mothership. When Drax freed the Big G, he just looked up and said "Annihilus... KNOW FEAR" and shot out an energy blast that destroyed the ENTIRE WAVE in a single shot- something like a light year's distance in size!

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Post by scc » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Everyone is on a cosmic kick these days. Really nice builds Thorp. They are hard to gauge. At least with Galactus you can always blame his bad showings on being hungry. I definitely see him as PL 20 if not more. Though for some reason gods like Odin can give him a hard time. I really like seeing Blackheart too. I don't know much about him but I always thought he looked cool.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:05 pm

We're going with one last TEAM WRECKER SPECIAL before we come back down to earth!

Like father like son...

MONGUL II
PL: 13 (216 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+20), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise [Warlord] 9 (+12), Insight (+3), Intimidation 9 (+13/+15) [Startle], Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+4), Stealth (+4/+0), Technology 5 (+8), Vehicles 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4), Startle, Withstand Damage* (1)

POWERS:
Mongul Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Mongul Family Constitution: Protection 2, Impervious 7, Immunity 5 (All Environmental conditions); 21 pts
Great Leaps: Leaping 6 (500 ft); 6 pts
Disintegration Beam: Ranged Energy Damage 16 (Extra: Accurate, Quirk: Cannot use Power Attack); 32 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +15]
Ranged Attack +8
Disintegration Beam +10 [Disintegration Beam +16]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +16 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: His massive ego has caused him to underestimate opponents and lead to his downfall
Enemy: The Green Lantern Corps, The Sinestro Corps (especially Arkillo and Sinestro), Nova and Superman
Motivation: Power and proving himself to the standard for the Mongul family legacy
Rivalry: Power and proving himself to the standard for the Mongul family legacy

Abilities 98 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 68 + Defenses 18 = 216 / 216

Comments: In general, I find most of the DCA official builds to be too high in PL for my personal taste )(see my Captain Marvel Jr., Mary Marvel and my rant on the MnM General Thread about Cheshire for reference :wink: ) but in a couple of cases in H&VII in particular, I think they went a little low. Mongul is one of those builds.

Now granted, his dad was able to hang with Silver Age Superman, so he would be MUCH higher in PL, but Mongul II has battled Superman well but they only made him a PL13 with 14 Strength. I found that odd. My Mongul is stronger, tougher and has the Sinestro Corps ring and is a little more dangerous on his own than the DCA version. In canon, he took on like 6 Green Lanterns before, including Guy and Kyle who the DCA book had at PL13 and 14 respectively, whereas mine are both PL12 (for now) so he would need to be pretty freakin’ bad ass to do that. I may have even undersold him.

Secret Origins: Mongul's son, also named Mongul, was inspired to be just like his father.

The Story so Far: As a young child, he made journeys and he watched digital renderings where his father fought against Superman and his allies. He copied his father's actions when he encountered a group of marooned miniature aliens, turning them into his slaves. Once Mongul II's father returned, and discovering his son's slaves, he killed the aliens and tells him only one being on the planet is worthy of adoration: Mongul himself.

Once he grew to adulthood, Mongul was forced to assist and train Superman in preparation for the arrival of Imperiex. He appeared to have been killed during the Imperiex War, but returned during the Infinite Crisis after learning from Despero that the Justice League had apparently been destroyed. His intention was to loot their Watchtower headquarters but he ended up fighting Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. During the fight he was almost killed by Wonder Woman before escaping via a working teleporter. The teleportation transported him to Earth, where he menaced Hal Jordan, the newly-returned Green Lantern, by using a Black Mercy plant on him and Green Arrow.

In the aftermath of the Sinestro Corps War, Mongul received a Yellow Power Ring after breaking a dying Sinestro Corps member's neck. Soon after he tracked members of the Sinestro Corps, and offered the inductees a choice: to serve him or die. He removed the ring from each one who refused, and gained an extra five rings. Mongul's recruitment drive indirectly brought the attention of the Green Lantern Corps, in which he attacked Arisia and Sodam Yat with Black Mercy plants, and took them prisoner. He used his ring to send thousands of Black Mercy seeds, which he had genetically engineered to bring the victims' greatest fears to life, instead of their dreams, to several unsuspecting planets. In a confrontation with several members of the Green Lantern Corps, Mongul was defeated when the fly-like Lantern Bzzd flew through his eye, and he was thrown down to the Black Mercy's planet. There, he was buried in soil, being used as food by the Black Mercys. However, Mongul escaped this seemingly grotesque fate and made his way into outer space. En route to Sector 1114, he encountered two alien newlyweds, murdering one named Kered Riam. This incident inspired Kered's widow Miri to join the Star Sapphires.

Following a brief rest from his injuries, Mongul went to Daxam and conquered the planet by himself in a matter of days. He then sent a signal to the rest of the Sinestro Corps, calling them to their new homeworld. Once a force of Sinestro Corps soldiers arrived, he announced that he was now their leader. Arkillo, the former drill sergeant and one of Sinestro's lieutenants, believed Mongul unworthy of leadership, and challenged him to single combat without their rings. Despite a fierce battle, Mongul ultimately triumphed, ripping out Arkillo's tongue, but sparing his life so that he would be "seen but not heard" by any who would dare challenge Mongul. In the process, he gained the loyalty of the faction of the Sinestro Corps loyal to Arkillo and complete rule over the planet Daxam, but draws the attentions of Arisia and Sodam Yat, the Daxamite host for the Ion Entity, on himself. Mongul engaged into battle against Sodam Yat in which the latter used his Ion powers to briefly launch Mongul into space, before entering Daxam's sun and transforming it from red to yellow, granting all Daxamites superpowers. The Daxamites' overwhelming attack forces Mongul to have the Sinestro Corps abandon Daxam.

Mongul relocated his base of operations to Korugar, where he similarly conquered and oppressed the planet's inhabitants, with the intent of making it a new Warworld. Soon after a freed Sinestro was brought to confront Mongul. Although Mongul outclassed Sinestro in terms of strength, Sinestro had designed the specifics for his Corps' power rings and were equipped with a failsafe program, and turned the battle against Mongul. After defeating Mongul and reinstating himself as leader of the Sinestro Corps, Sinestro cast him into the Sinestro Corps' central power battery.

Mongul was released from the power battery during an attack on it by the First Lantern and was left to wander the universe until he was found by his father, who had returned from the dead and took him in to serve him in his renewed quest for universal conquest.

Characterization: Mongul is his father’s son and is all about conquest. Humbled by his recent defeats, is far more subservient to his father than before but it is means to an end to truly learn the art of conquest so that he can one day overthrow his father.

Friends and Foes: Mongul has made enemies amonst the Green Lantern Corps, Sinestro Corps and the Nova Corps. He has also run afoul of Superman several times. He doesn’t really have allies but he and his sister, Mongal, have worked through some of their issues and their rivalry has become more civil.
MONGUL
PL: 14 (300 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+15), Deception 7 (+10), Expertise [Warlord] 11 (+12), Insight (+2), Intimidation 11 (+14/+15) [Startle], Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 2 (+10), Stealth (+1/-1), Technology 7 (+8), Vehicles 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Crushing Pin*, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (6), Startle, Withstand Damage* (1)

POWERS:
Mongul Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Permanent, Innate); 5 pts
Rugged Constitution: Immunity 5 (Cold, Heat, Pressure, Radiation, Vacuum); 5 pts
Tough Hide: Protection 2, Impervious 7; 16 pts
Disintegration Beam: Energy Ranged Damage 16 (Extra: Accurate, Quirk: Cannot use Power Attack); 32 pts
Yellow Power Ring: 139 pts traits, Removable (-28 pts); 111 pts
Attention Sinestro Corpsman...: Features 2 (A.I. and Sinestro Corps Database); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Central Power Battery); 1 pt
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Write, All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Flaw: Limited to Senses); 6 pts
Show Me Your Fear: Mind Reading 8 (Flaw: Limited to fears only); 4 pts
Sinesto's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3); 36 pts
Force Field: Protection 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 16 pts
Force Manipulation: 31 pt dynamic array; 45 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Damage 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Force Constructs: Create 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 10 (Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Anywhere, Radio, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Snare: Ranged Affliction 10 (1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Dynamic, Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Dodge], Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 2 pts
Force Minions: Summon 4 (60 pt minions; Extra: Dynamic, Multiple Minions [4 minions], Variable Type 2 [Broad, Hard Light Constructs]); 2 pts
Ring Weapons: Bludgeoning/Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Variable Descriptor, Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +15; Ring Weapons +17]
Ranged Attack +8
Disintegration Beam +10 [Disintegration Beam +16]
Power Ring +10 [Ring Blast +15; Move Object +15, Create +15]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +16 (+7 Impervious, +18 with Force Field, +9 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +15, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: His massive ego has caused him to underestimate opponents and lead to his downfall
Enemy: The Green Lantern Corps, The Sinestro Corps (especially Arkillo), Hatred: He loathes Superman and is growing to hate Omni-Man, Nova and Hal Jordan nearly as much
Motivation: Power and proving himself to the standard for the Mongul family legacy
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning when its power runs low
Rivalry: He wants to prove himself the better of Mongal
Weakness: The Yellow Power Ring are fueled by the user's abilities spread fear. Loss of that ability or their loss of belief in the power of fear can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 90 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 151 + Defenses 21 = 300 / 300
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

#519, #559, #560, #561

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:16 pm

And now we are back to Earth at J-Mart, and actually we're going UNDER the earth with this addition to our Villains Line.

Only in comics would a nub like this give the Fantastic Four (a group that has beaten GALACTUS several times, mind you) a hard time REPEATEDLY.

MOLE MAN
PL: 12 (185 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Close Combat [Quarterstaff] 4 (+12), Deception (+3), Expertise [Science] 7 (+13), Expertise [Subterranean World] 9 (+15), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Staff Blasts] 4 (+10), Stealth 5 (+7), Technology 7 (+13) [Inventor], Vehicles 4 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Defensive Roll (3), Favored Environment (Subterranea), Favored Foe (Fantastic Four), Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (2), Inventor, Leadership, Ranged Attack (4), Teamwork

POWERS:
Subterranean Adaptations: Senses 7 (Tactile [Acute, Ranged], Normal Hearing [Extended, Accurate], Low-light Vision); 7 pts
Power Staff: 20 pt Array; 22 pts
Electrical Blast: Ranged Electrical Damage 10; 20 pts
Stun Blast: Ranged Affliction 10 (Electrical; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Staff Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Binding, Dangerous, Disarming, Tripping); 1 pt

Lord of Subterranea: 40 pt Array; 41 pts
Summon Subterranean Monsters: Summon 8 (120 pt minions, Extra: Horde, Variable Type [Subterranean Life], Multiple Minions [2 Minions], Flaw: Limited [In or with access his realm], Self-Powered); 32 pts
Summon Subterranean Creatures: Summon 4 (120 pt minions, Extra: Horde, Variable Type [Subterranean Life], Multiple Minions 4 [16 Minions], Flaw: Limited [In or with access his realm], Self-Powered); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Flash Goggles: Feature 2 (+5 Visual Dazzle Resistance, Corrective Lenses for nearsightedness), Tiny; 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2]
Staff +12 [Staff Bash +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +6
Staff Blasts +10 [Electrical Blast +10; Stun Blast Affliction +10]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +7 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Mole Man is extremely nearsighted without his goggles.
Enemy: The Fantastic Four.
Motivation: Revenge on the surface world that rejected him!
Responsibility: Ruler of the Moloids.
Vulnerable: He is extremely vulnerable to visual dazzle effects.

Abilities 60 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 62 + Defenses 22 = 185 / 185

Build Comments: All bow down in fear before The Mole Man! One of my favorite FF jobbers who is just too much fun to stay “buried” for long. I built him to potentially be a heavy hitter, at least for an arc or two, with his Moloid army and the ability to summon either 2 big monsters or a horder of smaller ones, like giant moles or worms or something. And scorpions burrow, too, don’t they…

Secret Origins: The Mole Man was originally Harvey Rupert Elder, an American nuclear engineer and explorer. Elder was socially shunned due to a combination of his abrasive personality and his homely, dwarfish appearance. Furthermore, his fellow explorers ridiculed him for his eccentric, crackpot theories regarding a Hollow Earth. Approximately 15 years ago, while following another eccentric group of explorers called the Monster Hunters, he stumbled upon Monster Island.

When Elder fell into a massive cave leading deep into the underground realm of Subterranea, he decided his theories had finally been vindicated. However, he suffered permanent damage to his eyes when he gazed directly upon a highly reflective deposit of diamonds. This blindness forced him to wear a pair of goggles to negate the sensitivity on his eyes to bright light. Partially blind and apparently secluded from the surface world forever, Elder dubbed himself the Mole Man and began exploring his new home. He eventually became the ruler of the branch of Subterraneans now known as the Moloids, and the ruler of much of Subterranea and the caverns of Monster Isle. He used the creatures and technology that he found in Subterranea to strike back at the outer world in numerous attempts to rule or humble the world that had rejected him.

The Story so Far: During one such attempt he commanded his army of monsters to destroy all of Earth's atomic plants. His plan to bring the world into darkness was foiled by the Fantastic Four. They have had many run-ins over the years, with neither being able to gain a significant advantage. He has also fought against the Avengers and Justice League, who were finally able to bring him to justice, albeit briefly before his monsters and Moloids freed him.

For a while, the Mole Man stopped his criminal activities and allied with some heroes during The Invincible War. However this change was short lived and he was once again seen attacking the surface, this time to find food and water for his Moloids. He encountered the Avengers again but was beaten by Ultron in female form. During the events of World War Hulk, Mole Man came into control of some of the alien species of the planet Sakaar, which he used in an attack of New York but ended up fleeing after witnessing the rage of Skaar. Some time later, Mole Man enlisted the help of the Fantastic Four, to help him explore a city one ruled by the High Evolutionary in Subterranea to prevent it from rising into the surface world.

Characterization: The Mole Man is sometimes thought of as a bit of a joke in the superhuman community, but he’s gone toe-to-toe with the Fantastic Four, Justice League and Avengers many times and he still remains at large. He’s a brilliant inventor and truly loves his Moloid and monster followers and combining that with his “I’ll make the surface world pay for rejecting me!” passion make him a far more formidable foe than people think.

Friends and Foes: He has millions of Moloids and hundreds of monsters at his disposal and he has occasionally allied with other villains in exchange for resources. He had a short-lived alliance with Doc Seismic but they had a falling out and Doc is banned from Subterranea until otherwise noted.

Finally got around to the Moloids and Giganto.

MOLE MAN MONSTER (GIGANTO)
PL: 12 (110 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT -4, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -3

SKILLS: Athletics (+15), Deception (-3), Expertise [Survival] 9 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 4 (+3/+9), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion (-3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack

POWERS:
Monstrous Size: Growth 12 (+12 Str, +12 Sta, -6 Dodge/Parry, -12 Stealth, +6 Intimidation, Speed +1, +12 Mass, Reach 3 [15 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 25 pts
Underground Adaptations: Senses 8 (Tremorsense [Touch; Acute, Ranged, Extended], Low-Light Vision, Normal Hearing [Extended], Scent [Ranged, Extended]); 8 pts
Tough Hide: Protection 4, Impervious 8; 20 pts
Animal Mind: Immunity 5 (Mind Control); 5 pts
Burrowing: Burrowing 6 (4 mph/60 fpr); 6 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +0 [DC10] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +20, Fortitude +15, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To serve his master

Abilities 18 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 64 + Defenses 15 = 110 / 110

Comments: Your basic giant underground monster that Mole Man can summon. He’s hard as hell to hurt, which will make him a challenge for the FF or anyone else he comes up against.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MOLOIDS
PL: 2 (19 pts) - OPL: 2 ; DPL: 2

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -3

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+5), Deception (-3), Expertise [Subterranea] 5 (+3), Insight (-1), Intimidation (-3), Perception 3 (+2), Persuasion (-3), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Interpose

POWERS:
Underground Sense: Feature 1 (You can automatically sense when you are underground, as well as the approximate depth); 1 pt
Low-Light Vision: Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +2 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +3 [DC13]
Toughness +1, Fortitude +3, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: Serve their master
Vulnerable: Moloids have trouble in bright light and are vulnerable to visual dazzle effects

Abilities 2 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 2 + Defenses 6 = 19 / 19

Comments: Loyal followers of The Mole Man, the Moloids.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOLOID BRUTES
PL: 5 (43 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -3

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+9), Deception (-3), Expertise [Subterranea] 5 (+2), Insight (-1), Intimidation 7 (+4), Perception 3 (+2), Persuasion (-3), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: Chokehold, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Interpose

POWERS:
Underground Sense: Feature 1 (You can automatically sense when you are underground, as well as the approximate depth); 1 pt
Low-Light Vision: Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +6]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +8, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: Serve their master
Vulnerable: Moloids have trouble in bright light and are vulnerable to visual dazzle effects

Abilities 22 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 2 + Defenses 6 = 43 / 43

Comments: Some bigger Moloids for Mole Man to throw at people. They are far lesser in numbers, of course, but far more effective for combat.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Check out this new J-Mart Favorite item for Aisle 1!

I miss Dwayne McDuffie...

ICON
PL: 14 (293 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 17, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 4 (+21), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+11), Deception (+3), Expertise [History] 3 (+8), Expertise [Lawyer] 5 (+10), Insight (+4), Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat [Blast] 5 (+10), Stealth (+2), Technology 5 (+10), Vehicles 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Equipment (14), Great Endurance, Interpose, Languages (1) (Terminan, 1 other, Base; English), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3)

POWERS:
Iconic Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 8 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 18 pts Terminan Physiology: Immunity 1 (Life Support), Regeneration 1 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent); 3 pts
Terminan Senses: Senses 16 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 2], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Detect Bang Babies [Visual, Ranged, Counters Concealment]); 16 pts
Positronic Flight: 33 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Positronic Flight: Flight 15 (64,000 mph), Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) (Extra: Dynamic); 33 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Positronic Powers: 30 pt Array; 33 pts
Ion Blast: Ranged Damage 15; 30 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft], Dynamic, Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Ionic Burst: Burst Area Damage 14 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Stun Blast: Ranged Affliction 15 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned; 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt

Terminan Body Armor: 12 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 10 pts
[/b]Enhanced Protection:[/b] Impervious 6; 12 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(70ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep
Vehicle: (65ep)
Starship: Working on it…

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +17]
Ranged Attack +5
Blast +10 [Ionic Blast +15; Stun Blast Affliction +15]
Special Attack [Ionic Burst +14, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +16 (+6 Impervious with Body Armor), Fortitude +15, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Blood Syndicate
Motivation: Using his powers for the greater good and justice for all
Relationships: His partner Rocket and her son
Secret Identity: Augustus Freeman IV, lawyer

Abilities 102 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 121 + Defenses 26 = 293 / 293

Comments: Icon is Milestone’s flagship character, a bit of a Superman analogue with a conservative twist. McDuffie made his relationship with his sidekick Rocket (coming soon) kind of a modernized Hal Jordan/Ollie Queen relationship, with the liberal vs. conservative arguments but best of friends motif. I just started reading the first Icon trade and it's pretty good, if a little dated by now. Some fun villains, though.

I am glad to see Icon and Rocket on Young Justice, even if they were mainly there for diversity reasons. I think Dwayne would be proud.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri May 11, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Blackheart, Mongul, Mole Man, Joker

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Now that I am getting back in the groove again, I guess I might mention what I have planned for the next few weeks. This weekend will be LADIES' WEEKEND again, with an emphasis on the ladies of the X-Verse, Image and Wildstorm universes.

Next I'm going to hit some jobbers, one of my most favoritest things to build. I might even slip in a few members of The Serpent Society, since I've never built them in 2E or 3E. Then I've got some more DCA rebuilds to post along with some other odds and ends.

Then I'm hoping to finish up my Avengers in preparation for the movie and because of AvsX, which will lead into more X-Verse builds including the Marauders and maybe, if I the suck doesn't overwhelm me, The Acolytes. In between all that, I started some playtests, so hopefully I will get a few more of those done when I need a break from building.

All that should put me close to build #600 which I am pretty sure will be Squirrel Girl, but I'm not sure, she's so epic, she may have to be stored until build #1000! 8)

All in all, should be a busy April and May at J-Mart as my continued quest to avoid yardwork continues! :shock: :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #303

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the fathers out there from the J-Mart Team! Since the Little Thorpacolypses are giving me a moment's peace, I thought I would take this opportunity to drop another build onto the shelves.

Just...epic...

THE DESTROYER
PL: 16 (210 pts) - OPL: 16 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 20, STAMINA NA, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT NA, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE NA

SKILLS: Athletics (+20), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Ranged Combat [Blast] 10 (+12), Stealth (+4/-2)

ADVANTAGES: Interpose

POWERS:
Large Size: Growth 6 (+6 Str, +6 Protection, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth, +3 Intimidation, Speed +1, +6 Mass; Extra: Innate); 13 pts
Magical Construct: Immunity 33 (Fortitude Effects, Critical Hits, Aging); 33 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 17, Impervious 10; 37 pts
Self-Repairing: Regeneration 5 (1/every other round, Extra: Persistent), Immortality 6 (1 day) 18 pts
Unstoppable: Enhanced Strength 6 (Flaw: Limited to resisting movement); 6 pts
Visor Blasts: 64 pt array; 66 pts
Energy Beam: Line Area Ranged Damage 16 (Extra: Line Area, Concentration); 60 pts
Disintegration Blast: Weaken Toughness 20 (Extra: Ranged, Affects Objects, Concentration, Flaw: Activation [Standard action]); 1 pt
Energy Blast: Ranged Damage 20 (Extra: Concentration); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +7
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +20]
Ranged Attack +2
Visor Blasts +11 [Energy Blast +19; Disintegration Blast +19],
Special Attack [Energy Beam +15, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +23 (+10 Impervious), Fortitude NA, Will NA

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Whoever inhabits the Destroyer is incapacitated unless they make a D25 Will check
Motivation: Destruction. This motivation usually takes over the host as well
Power Loss: The Destroyers' regeneration does not work against damage caused by it's own powers or from damage done with Uru objects
Responsibility: To destroy at the direction of whoever controls it

Abilities 26 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 169 + Defenses 7 = 210 / 210

Comments: My take on the Destroyer is more of an amalgam of the movie and comic version. I loved the scene the movie where Sif impaled it and it looked like it was done, then it just fired up again and went after them. I kind of wanted that in my take. I wanted it to be tough for someone like Superman or Sentry to hurt it, but I wanted Thor to be the only one that could actually take it down. In the comics, it seemed to take like a +35 attack or something to do the job and in the movie, he did it rather quickly, so I tried to find a happy medium. A challenge, but not insurmountable.

Clean Up 4/13/12: Pretty substantial changes to my Destroyer this time. Higher toughness, less regeneration but still a serious threat to any high level super team that doesn't include Thor.
I made quite a few changes to The Destroyer tonight, so I thought I'd bring it out. Saved a lot of points by trimming the Regeneration I had before, but he should still be quite a challenge.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:23 am

As promised it's time to kick off the longest running J-Mart tradition, LADIES' NIGHT! And we have so many lovely ladies to post, we're making it a whole LADIES WEEKEND! But before we get into the massive fanservice we're known for here at J-Mart, we're going to start it off with a newcomer that has the whole Marvel U in upheaval (again).

I know why you're scared. You think the Phoenix is either going to kill me or drive me crazy. Or maybe both. Just like it did Jean. But I'm not your dead wife, Scott. That's not my story. The Phoenix is coming. I know that. And I'm not afraid. I want it to come. I'm ready. - Hope Summers

HOPE SUMMERS
PL: 16 (257 pts) - OPL: 16 ; DPL: 16

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 5 (+7), Deception 5 (+7), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Guns] 3 (+10), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 5 (+7), Treatment 3 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (4), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative (1), Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Phoenix Avatar: Feature 1 (Potential host of the Phoenix Force); 1 pt
Mutant Messiah: 100 pt array; 102 pts
Mutant Power Mimicry: Variable 20 (100 pts traits, Any mutant subject's descriptor; Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited [to mutants within Perception range]); 140 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 14, Communication 4 (Small Nation, Extra: Area, Selective); 1 pt
Healing: Healing 12 (Extra: Persistent, Restorative, Flaw: Uncontrolled); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(20ep)
X-Men Commlink: Sense 2 (Communication Link [Radio, X-Men]); 2ep
Arsenal: (17ep)
Assault Rifle: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Extra: Multi-Attack; 125 ft range, Large; 15ep
Blaster Pistol: Energy Ranged Damage 5; Range 125ft, Small; 1ep
Machete: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Medium; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2; Machete +5, Critical 19-20; Special Close Attack +0]
Ranged Attack +7
Guns +10 [Blaster Pistol +5; Assault Rifle +5, Multiattack]]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Bishop and others who think she will bring about a horrific event
Plot Device: Hope has the ability to channel the Phoenix Force, making her potentially a PLX cosmic force of destruction and rebirth
Prejudice: Mutant
Relationships: She is close to her adopted father, Cable
Responsibility: Being considered a mutant messiah has been a heavy burden on her

Abilities 56 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 143 + Defenses 23 = 257 / 257

Comments: After a blockbuster debut as the first mutant born after M-Day in Messiah CompleX, Hope has had a turbulent existence in the X-Verse. A whole town destroyed by the Marauders to find her, taken into the future by Cable to keep her safe since he believes she is the Mutant Messiah with Bishop trying to kill her because in his timeline, she set up the big human mutant war. Then she comes back with Cable, ends up in two big crossover arcs, gets her own series, and now is the focal point for one of Marvel's biggest crossover events ever, Avengers vs. X-Men. Oh, and she's the probably new host for the Phoenix Force.

Apparently she has a REALLY good PR Department! Can you imagine how far more interesting characters at the major companies would KILL for that kind of exposure? :wink:

Hope is a really good fighter without her powers since she has been trained by Cable since she could walk and she proved it by taking out 4-5 Serpent Society members before she even got close to a mutant whose powers she could mimic and that was only Puff Adder. When she is around other mutants, though, she can use any of their powers, making her one of the most powerful mutants in existence. The PL16 might be a little high, but it's said that her telepathic potential dwarfs Xavier's and I am building him at PL15. Plus, as the probable host of the Phoenix, I think she might be able to do a little damage.

On another note, I thought the first issue of AvX was fun. It was the setup issue, of course, and my favorite character in that issue was Namor, with his snide comments that made you know he of all people knew the fight was coming because he had been on both sides. I also know that two different writers have had Magneto saying to Scott that he sounds like him, which makes me think that Scott is going to croak, retire or really turn heel during this event. My money is on Jean Grey returning to save the day at the end of AvX. No way they keep her gone much longer.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #237

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:33 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:It's time to start our FOUR FOR ONE SPECIAL here at J-Mart and of course, at J-Mart, it is always ladies first...

I'm just not messing with her...like, ever...

THE INVISIBLE WOMAN
PL: 12 (186 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 2 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Expertise [Performance] 3 (+5), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation (+3), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 8 (+11/+13) [Attractive, Connected], Ranged Combat [Force Constructs] 7 (+10), Stealth 3 (+5), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Attractive (1), Connected, Equipment (2), Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Leadership, Teamwork

POWERS:
Invisible Woman: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses, Extra: Affects Others, Attack, Precise); 17 pts
Invisible Platforms: Flight 5 (60 mph; Flaw: Platform); 5 pts
Force Field: Protection 13 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 7 (Flaw: Sustained); 27 pts
Force Constructs: Dynamic Array 30 pt array; 40 pts
Force Blast: Force Ranged Damage 14 (Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 30 pts
Force Strikes: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 9 (Extra: Penetrating, Multiattack, Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts
Force Objects: Create 14 (Extra: Subtle, Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Objects 14 (Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts
Suffocation: Ranged Affliction 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cumulative, Subtle, Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Bubbles: Protection 8 (Flaw: Affects Others Only), Immunity 10 (Life Support; Extra: Affects Others, Subtle, Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Fantastic Four Costume: Features 3 (Turns invisible, monitors vital signs, PDA), Senses 1 (Communication Link [Fantastic Four]); 4ep
Sue also pays for 1/4 of the Fantasticar (Listed with Mister Fantastic); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +1; Force Strike +10, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +3
Force Constructs +10 [Force Blast +14; Force Objects Create +14; Force Lifting Move Object +14; Suffocation Affliction +9]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +2 (+15 with Force Field, +7 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +7, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Dr. Doom, Super Skrull, Annihilus, Red Ghost and others
Fame: The FF are known the world over and never hid their secret identities
Relationships: Her Hubby Reed, her brother Johnny, Ben and especially her children, Valeria and Franklin
Temper: She's generally very accepting, but mess with her kids and look the hell out…

Abilities 44 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 88 + Defenses 24 = 186 / 186

Comments: The heart of the FF, The Invisible Woman, Susan Storm-Richards. She came out almost exactly like I wanted and at cost with no problems. She might be the most well-rounded and overall powerful of the group. Ben and Johnny both hit a little harder, and Ben has Power Attack, but her array of abilities combined with some decent skills make her the most dangerous of the team for sure.

Clean Up 4/14/12: Sue gets a little makeover.
Since I had built Annihilus, Blastaar and the Mole Man this week, I decided to give the FF a review. Since it is LADIES' WEEKEND, I started with Sue. Nothing major, just fixed a couple of thing that the Power Profiles defined better. The boys will get reworked on Monday since this weekend is all about the ladies!
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:43 am

And now as promised, we get to the fanservice portion of LADIES' WEEKEND! Check out this new item for Aisle 7!

It befuddles me how she's not a bigger deal...

PAINKILLER JANE
PL: 9 (139 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+12), Deception 5 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Cop] 3 (+5), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+8), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 5 (+7), Investigation 7 (+9), Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion (+2/+4) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Guns] 6 (+12), Stealth 5 (+9), Vehicles 2 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (3), Diehard, Equipment (3), Favored Foe (Mobsters), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed, Pistols), Improved Initiative (1), Luck (Recover) (1), Precise Attack (1), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Regeneration 10 (1/every round, Extra: Persistent); 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(15ep)
Twin Heavy Pistols: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4, Extra: Multiattack, Split; 100 ft range, Medium; 13ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +9
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +2, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +6
Guns +12 [Twin Pistols +4, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +11, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Although she can heal from any wound, it still hurts like hell so she is on a steady dose of painkillers, hence the name
Motivation: Revenge on the mobsters that tried to kill her and taking down the mob(s) in general
Relationships: Her best friend, Officer Maureen Quinn and her personal doctor (who is in love with her), Seth Hiller

Abilities 60 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 11 + Defenses 18 = 139 / 139

Comments: I saw the Painkiller Jane series on SyFy a few years ago and it was just OK but I liked the premise. After a little research, I figured I could whip her up. Jane Vasco was originally a cop and, depending on the original comic, the show, or the reboot for Dynamite comics, either she was nearly killed by a bomb when undercover trying to infiltrate the mob, or she was poisoned, either way, when she awoke from her coma, she had regenerative powers and became a vigilante. Even though she can heal from anything fast, it still hurts like hell so she uses a lot of painkillers, hence the name.

She's a PL9 on defense and 8 on offense since the little read of her doesn't paint her as an incredible offensive character, but she's hard as hell to put down. She seems like a fun street level hero to play.
Shop J-Mart!