J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Check out this new item for Aisle 2 that's part of our X-Villains Line!

Target acquired...

SENTINELS (MARK-I)
PL: 10 (147 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA --, AGILITY -1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+8), Expertise [Mutants] 3 (+5), Intimidation (0/+4), Insight (+2), Perception 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Weapon Array] 6 (+8), Stealth (-1/-9)

ADVANTAGES: Favored Foe (Mutants), Teamwork

POWERS:
Giant Robot Size: Growth 8 (+8 Str, +8 Sta, -4 Dodge/Parry, -8 Stealth, +4 Intimidation, Speed +1, +8 Mass, Reach 2 [10 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 17 pts
Robot Physiology: Immunity 40 (Fortitude Effects, Mental Effects), Protection 6, Impervious 5; 56 pts
Mutant Sensors: Senses 4 (Detect Mutants [Ranged, Extended, Accurate]); 4 pts
Boot Rockets: Flight 6 (120 mph/1800 fpr); 12 pts
Weapon Array: 24 pt Array; 27 pts
Plasma Blast: Ranged Plasma Energy Damage 12; 24 pts
Neural Scramblers: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 8 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Stun Beam: Ranged Affliction 12 (Force Energy; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Tendril Snare: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 (Steel Cables; Resisted by Dodge/Overcome by Strength/Damage/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative -1
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +2
Weapon Systems +8 [Plasma Blast +12; Stun Beam Affliction +12; Tendril Snare Affliction +8]
Special Attack [Neural Scrambler Affliction +8, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge -2 [DC8] Parry +2 [DC12]
Toughness +14 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude Immune, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: Capture, kill or scare the hell of mutants
Vulnerable: Sentinels are vulnerable to magnetic effects and electrical effects, taking an extra degree of failure against them

Abilities 16 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 116 + Defenses 5 = 147 / 147

Comments: Good old Sentinels, the X-Men's long time tormentors. There have been many versions of them but I decided to go with a basic Mark-I set up for now. I might do some others.

Secret Origins: The Sentinels were first created by Dr. Bolivar Trask, who intended to use them to save humanity from what he saw as a threat to the species' existence in the form of mutants.

In a television debate between Trask and Professor Charles Xavier, Trask revealed and then activated the Sentinels, who promptly decided that the best way to protect humanity was to rule over it themselves. The Sentinels kidnapped Xavier and brought him and Trask to the primary Sentinel, Master Mold, only for Xavier's students, the X-Men, to find them. When Trask realized the error in his ways and that not all mutants were a threat to the world at large, he aided the X-Men by sabotaging the machinery in the Sentinel base, destroying Master Mold and the Sentinels in the explosion, but he died in the process. However, numerous Sentinels and several Master Molds were built after the destruction of the original models.

Trask had a son, Larry, who was also a mutant. Trask gave his son a control medallion which blocked the Sentinels' mutant-sensing equipment. Not aware that he was a mutant, Larry built the next batch of Sentinels, only to be slain by them when he removed the control medallion. Larry's "Mark II" Sentinels were later persuaded by Cyclops to fly into the sun, as he was able to convince them that they needed to destroy the sun in order to completely prevent mutation.

Sentinels of several varieties have been used to hunt mutants and other superhumans over the years. Rumor has it that Lex Luthor has acquired Trask's Sentinel and Master Mold specs via black market auction and has been "playing" with some in his spare time.

Here's some Mass Combat for when a ton of them get dropped on the X-Men:

SENTINEL MASS COMBAT

CORPS (20,000-50,000): ATTACK 20, DAMAGE 26, DEFENSE -2, TOUGHNESS 27, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 0
DIVISION (9,000-15,000): ATTACK 19, DAMAGE 25, DEFENSE -2, TOUGHNESS 26, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 0
BRIGADE (6,000-8,000): ATTACK 18, DAMAGE 24, DEFENSE -2, TOUGHNESS 25, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 0
REGIMENT 1 (3,000-4,000): ATTACK 17, DAMAGE 23, DEFENSE -2, TOUGHNESS 24, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 0
REGIMENT 2 (1,250-2,750): ATTACK 16, DAMAGE 22, DEFENSE -2, TOUGHNESS 23, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 0
BATALLION 1 (500-1,000): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 21, DEFENSE -2, TOUGHNESS 22, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 0
BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 20, DEFENSE -2, TOUGHNESS 21, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 0
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 19, DEFENSE -2, TOUGHNESS 20, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 0
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 18, DEFENSE -2, TOUGHNESS 19, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 0
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 17, DEFENSE -2, TOUGHNESS 18, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 0
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 16, DEFENSE -2, TOUGHNESS 17, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 0
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE -2, TOUGHNESS 16, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 0
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 8, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE -2, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 0
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 6, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE -2, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 0
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Re: #542

Post by Woodclaw » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:02 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:We've got a BLACK LIGHT SPECIAL for Aisle 1

The only way out of here is through me. I hope you're stupid enough to try.

BLACK CANARY E217
PL: 10 (169 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

Comments: Dinah for my setting.
Nice build.
You know, since Dinah's family is of Irish origins, I always thought that in a mixed DC/Marvel setting she had to be related to the Cassidy clan.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Prof X, Cannonball, Namor, Black Canary, Sentinels

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:58 am

All I know is...not only are the powers right, but Dinah has the right costume. Some looks are just classic and shouldn't be messed with (okay sure, dropping the high heeled boots in favor of something more functional was a good move).

The current creative team on BoP should take note of that.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #84

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:We have a new item in our Dresdenverse line hitting the shelves and it's a J-Mart Favorite.

"Tiny...but fierce." - Sanya Knight of the Cross, referring to one Karrin Murphy

KARRIN MURPHY
PL: 8 (134 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+5), Athletics 6 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise [Cop] 6 (+8), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+7), Expertise [Supernatural] 3 (+5), Insight 6 (+9) [Assessment], Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 7 (+9) [Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Guns] 4 (+11), Stealth 5 (+9), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Contacts, Defensive Roll (1), Defensive Strike* (1), Equipment (5), Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (2) (Guns, Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Leadership, Martial Strike* (1), Precise Attack (2) (Close, Concealment; Ranged, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1), Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(25ep)
Undercover Shirt: Protection 2, Limited to Ballistic Damage, Subtle; 2ep
Cell Phone, Standard: Feature 1, Diminutive; 1ep
Arsenal: (11ep)
SIG Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 3 (Extra: Multiattack); 75ft range, Small; 9ep
2ep as needed for situation
Vehicles: (11ep)
Mid-Size Car: Size - L, Strength - 5, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 8; 10ep
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +1, Critical 19-20; Strike +2, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Firearms +11 [SIG Pistol +3, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +3 (+5 against ballistics), Fortitude +6, Will +8

[COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Rudolph, Marcone (to a degree)
Relationships: Harry Dresden, Kincaid (kinda), her mother
Responsibility: To serve and protect the city and citizens of Chicago
Underestimated: Because of her small stature, bigger opponents tend to underestimate her. BIG mistake…

Abilities 58 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 0 + Defenses 17 = 134 / 134

Comments: Murph rocks. Karrin Murphy is the head of the Chicago PD Special Investigations Department (S.I.) in the Dresdenverse. At the beginning of the series, she is one of the few who believes that Harry is the real deal whereas most of her unit and the city at large thinks he’s a charlatan. Oh, how wrong they are, we quickly learn.

As the books progress, their relationship changes from a pretty much purely professional relationship to where they pretty much become best friends and they come to depend on each other for support outside of the realm of dealing with supernatural baddies. I hold out hope that they’ll end up together at some point, but so far, Butcher is keeping them apart. Probably best considering that most relationships in books and TV where there’s a lot of romantic tension between characters is a good thing that usually cripples the series (see Moonlighting, Friends and countless others) once they finally get together.

As a character and build, she’s a street level badass. She’s a black belt in several martial arts, an award winning markswoman and a great cop. Considering she’s gone toe-to-toe with vampires, evil wizards, a 1000 lb. werewolf and Dresden himself (in training and in a couple of misunderstanding situations), I almost made her an undercapped PL10, but I’ll hold off on that for a while.

Clean Up 4/27/12: Murph gets a review. I altered things so she is only a PL8 if she is wearing her bulletproof vest, which she doesn't very often, only when they are going on a big raid or something.
Just finished Ghost Story, the latest book in the Dresden Files. I waited over a year to get it because I knew once I did, I wouldn't put it did. And I didn't, all last weekend, except to read one other thing, which was the Vilrumite War TBP. Loved them both. And of course, it got me thinking about my Dresden and Invincible builds, so I updated several including, Omni-Man, Dupli-Kate, Monster Girl, Anissa, Conquest and Harry Dresden. The only one I felt like re-posting was Karrin since she got the biggest change, the rest were tweaks.

I realized I had her as a full PL8, which I think is a little high. So she only hits her defensive caps with a bulletproof vest, otherwise, she's a PL7. Unless she happens to get one of the Swords in her hands, then things change A LOT, of course.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:01 pm

We've got a couple of items to add to our Villains Line tonight starting off with this item for Aisle 6.

You'd think superior alien races would figure out better prosthetics, but apparently not...

GENERAL KREGG
PL: 14 (226 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 17, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+19), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Viltrumite Lore] 4 (+7), Expertise [Science] 6 (+9), Expertise [Tactics] 7 (+10), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Stealth (+3), Technology 6 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (Status – Viltrumite General), Close Attack (1), Diehard, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Super Senses: Senses 1 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]); 2 pts
Viltrumite Physiology: Immunity 1 (Aging); 1 pts
Invulnerability: Immunity 10 (All Environmental Conditions, Poisons, Suffocation [Need to breathe, Flaw: Limited to ability to hold breath], Starvation/Thirst [Flaw: Limited to approximately 2 weeks], Disease [Flaw: Limited to terrestrial diseases]), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent), Protection 2, Impervious 8; 30 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 5 (100,000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Flight and Super-Speed: 33 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]) (Extra: Dynamic); 33 pts
Super-Speed: Speed 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +17]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +16, Fortitude +14, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Omni-Man, Invincible.
Relationship: He claims to love all dozen women he has impregnated while on Earth.
Responsibility: To the Viltrumite empire.

Abilities 106 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 73 + Defenses 15 = 226 / 226

Build Comments: General Kregg has made several appearances in Invincible as one of the most powerful Viltrumites. He’s probably a step below Nolan overall, but enough to survive several big scraps with Omni-Man, Invincible and the Coalition of Planets, so I thought he was deserving of his PL.

Secret Origins: General Kregg was a powerful member of the Viltrumite empire who rose to the top of the military, earning his rank of general and making him second in command after Grand Regent Thragg.

The Story so Far: Kregg first appeared at the conclusion of the skirmish that took place on the planet Thraxxa between the Grayson family (Omni-man and his son Invincible) and the Viltrumite operatives who had been sent to retrieve them. Upon his arrival, Kregg surveyed the destruction their conflict had caused, and was pleasantly surprised by the raw strength that Omni-man’s son had obviously brought to bear during the battle.

In addition to allowing Invincible to live, Kregg granted him the title of Viltrumite Agent of Earth and gave him a time-limit to conquer the planet. He then left with the then helpless Omni-man in chains, and took him to a heavy security Viltrumite prison to recover from his wounds.
Kregg returned to the prison several months later in order to ascertain if Omni-man had recovered enough to stand trial for his treason. When he saw that Nolan had recovered his strength, Kregg scheduled his execution and left. He then waited in near Earth space while the Viltrumite Anissa to attempted to persuade Invincible to proceed with the subjugation of the Earth’s populace. Kregg was not overly surprised when her attempt failed to spur Nolan’s son into action

Kregg fought with his people during the Viltrumite War. After their defeat, he followed his orders to relocate to Earth and mate with Earth females to rebuild the empire. However, Kregg’s time on Earth was transformative for the ancient Viltrumite. In the process of carrying out his duty to the empire, he formed personal attachments to every woman that he impregnated. His love for his mates caused him to openly defy his Grand Regent’s commands, and he began to involve himself in Earthly issues (specifically, Kregg used his powers to save one of his lovers from harm during the Flaxxan invasion of Britain).

Later still, when it was revealed that Nolan was the rightful ruler of the Viltrumite race, Kregg (along with three other Viltrumites) directly intervened on his behalf during his fight with Grand Regent Thragg. Their combined strength was enough to defeat Thragg and raise Nolan to his right place as Emperor of the Viltrumite Empire.

Characterization: General Kregg is a fairly typical member of the Viltrumite race. Outwardly he appears to be a human caucasian male in every way. He is a tall rugged looking man, with jet black hair and a thick mustachio that sits prominently above his lip. His entire body is covered with muscle, most prominently on his upper torso which is built like one of the worlds best body builders. Kregg’s hair is usually kept close cropped and has a noticeable widow’s peak. As a result of the period of vulnerability that he experienced while infected with the Scourge Virus, Kregg has lost his right eye. He has had it replaced with prosthetic eye, which is circular in nature with a bright red lens. He disguises the prosthetic with a simple black eye patch when he walks amongst the human population of the Earth.

Friends and Foes: Kregg is loyal to the Vilrumite Empire and is fully supporting Nolan’s new direction for the empire.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:06 pm

This new item for Aisle 6 is a definite TEAM WRECKER SPECIAL!

Let me offer you this bit of advice, Nolan...kill me now. - Thragg

GRAND REGENT THRAGG
PL: 16 (279 pts) - OPL: 16 ; DPL: 16

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 20, STAMINA 16, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+23), Deception (+5), Expertise [Civics] 8 (+11), Expertise [Viltrumite Lore] 9 (+12), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 8 (+13) [Startle], Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion (+5), Stealth (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Benefit (3) (Status 3 – Grand Regent of Viltrum), Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Favored Foe (Viltrumites), Follow-Up Strike*, Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed 2), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown (1), Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Toughness Check)

POWERS:
Super Senses: Senses 1 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]); 2 pts
Viltrumite Physiology: Immunity 1 (Aging); 1 pts
Invulnerability: Immunity 10 (All Environmental Conditions, Poisons, Suffocation [Need to breathe, Flaw: Limited to ability to hold breath], Starvation/Thirst [Flaw: Limited to approximately 2 weeks], Disease [Flaw: Limited to terrestrial diseases]), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent), Protection 4, Impervious 10; 36 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 4 (400,000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 4 pts
Flight and Super-Speed: 35 pt Dynamic Array; 37 pts
Flight: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]) (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Super-Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +20, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +20 (+10 Impervious, Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +16, Will +14

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Thaddeus, the Coalition of Planets, The Guardians of the Universe.
Responsibility: To protect and restore the glory of the Viltrumite Empire.
Temper: While he generally cares himself in a stately, calm manner, beware. Vltrumites are known for their towering battle rages and none are more terrible than his.

Abilities 138 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 80 + Defenses 17 = 279 / 279

Build Comments: So I just finished the Viltrumite War TBP and man, it rocked. I’m really not sure how Kirkman is going to top that one. But I said that about the Invincible War and he topped that, so who am I to doubt one of the hottest comic writers around?

The series allowed all the characters to have their moments, but my favorite was the new main villain, Grand Regent Thragg of the Viltrumite Empire. Man, was he wicked. I know most new villains come in like gangbusters then fade off, but even if he does, he’ll still be wicked. He whooped Omni-Man (by punching right through him, damn) and Invincible and didn’t break a sweat but the impressive thing was his one shot takedown of Battle Beast, who up until that point was the ultimate engine of destruction in the Invincible-verse. Omni-Man said there was no way they could beat him and he’s right. And Thragg's plan to restore the Viltrumite race was great, making sure that even though they lost the battle, the war ain’t over and may not be for thousands of years. Great stuff.

I made Thragg pretty much unbeatable by Omni-Man or Mark one on one, but it’s possible together, or with some other high level paragons it could be done, but not without some pain. I gave him tons of combat advantages since he was been trained since birth in war, even more than other Viltrumites who are all wicked fighters on top of being Kryptonian level strong. And I have no qualms about that +20 Toughness, he shrugged off shots from Nolan, Mark and Thaddeus and with no signs of damage more than once. That’s a bad man right there.

Secret Origins: While the exact details of his birth have yet to be revealed, what little that is known is this: the future Grand Regent of the Viltrumite race was the son of one of Emperor Argall’s closest advisors. Like all Viltrumite infants he was conceived through a process of eugenics and selective breeding. From the moment he was born, Thragg was subjected to a gruelling training regime; a regime whose sole purpose was to maximize his raw physical power and to create the most capable and dangerous tactical mind amongst their kind. It was a success. At its completion, Thragg possessed a level of strength and ruthlessness that outstripped every other Viltrumite in existence.

The Story so Far: Presumably, upon reaching maturity, Thragg served as a member of the Viltrumite World Conquering Committee and was a loyal member of the Viltrumite Empire. He was exceptionally loyal to the Viltrumite Grand Regent Lord Argall and served him loyally up until the moment of his murder. Argall’s murder caused chaos in the Viltrumite Empire, and it was during this time of trouble that the Scourge Virus was released upon Viltrum. In less that a year, 99.9% of the Viltrumite race fell to the deadly virus. It was from the ashes of this debilitating attack that Thragg seized control and under his leadership the crippled empire endured.

Despite his awesome physical power, Thragg manipulated events from the sidelines and rarely (if ever) intervened physically. The key to his plan was to maintain the illusion of strength while searching for a method to bolster the Viltrumites depleted numbers.

When Conquest escaped from Earth, Thragg was shocked to discover Mark Grayson had defeated him. He wanted to kill Conquest for his failure but gave him one more chance. Due to a mole deep within the Coalition of Planets he received news of their next steps in their war plans which opened the opportunity to attack Mark's ship on its way to Talescria. The attack proved to be successful in the initial stages, the starship used by the Coalition of Planets was destroyed but due to the determination of Mark he managed to kill Conquest before he killed Oliver. Thragg received report of this as the Viltrumite war escalates. The Coalition begin to gain the upper hand due to their use of weapons lethal to even Viltrumites. Despite his efforts the war seemed to be swinging in favor of the Coalition. Things worsened for him after he received news that Mark Grayson had actually killed Conquest. Unable to accept defeat, he decided to stage an attack on Talescria and kill Thaedus himself. However the Grayson's intervened, destroying the main vessels along with Thaedus and thwart the invasion. With the dawn of war in sight and the Coalition the clear winners, he decided to assemble the Viltrumites back on their homeworld to gather their forces and confidence.

However a preemptive attack lead by Thaedus, the Graysons, Tech Jacket and Space Racer rifled his plans. During the intense fighting the planet Viltrum is destroyed by Thaedus, Nolan (Omni-Man) and Mark Grayson (Invincible). He flew into a rage after seeing his heritage destroyed by traitors and killed Thaedus by severing his head from his body. Thragg then broke Oliver's jaw and snapped his arm off. However the cost of war has proved great, only 35 full blooded Viltrumites are left alive. He mortally wounded Mark and Nolan and then flew off, vowing to continue the Viltrumite legacy elsewhere.

Mark deduced that because they destroyed Viltrum, Thragg will surely go to Earth and destroy it. After a confrontation on the planet, Thragg revealed that due to the dwindling population of Viltrumites he decided that they would come here, blend in and would interbreed with humans due to the great success it has proved (Mark Grayson). He tells Mark and his father that if they attempt to stop him he and the other Viltrumites will completely destroy earth. If they do agree to a truce, the Viltrumites will interbreed for several generations until their numbers reach a formidable size and then retake the stars once again.

A few months later, Allen the Alien and Kid Omni-Man had discovered that the last members of the Viltrumites were on Earth and while the new Scourge virus they had would possibly kill off humans too, they decided to use it on Earth, but were stopped by both Thragg and Invincible. However, Thragg sought a more diplomatic solution to the attack before the Guardians of the Globe appeared and Oliver decided to use the virus on Earth, but during a battle with his brother, the virus was released on Invincible. Knowing that the death of Invincible would destroy everything between Earth and the Coalition of Planets. Thragg used his doctors along with Earth's and Dinosaurus to find a cure for Mark, but in the process learned a shocking secret behind Invincible's family line that had to be hidden at all costs.

Realizing that no one else could know the secret behind Mark's hertiage due to the fact that he is a traitor to his own people. Thragg disposed of the doctor who found out about the secret and tried to kill Mark himself because he was not worthy of leading his people. However, Dinosaurus caught Thragg trying to kill Mark and took him away to safety after unsuccessfully trying to fight back.
After Dinosaurus and Mark’s failed alliance, Thragg took the opportunity to strike at Nolan, revealing that he should be the true leader of the Viltrumite people. After the other Viltrumites found out, they rallied to Nolan’s side and captured Thragg. Nolan promised to take the Viltrumite empire in a new, peaceful direction. Seeing that their time on Earth was changing many of the other Viltrumites as it had him, he allowed Thragg’s plan of breeding with humans to continue.

Nolan sentenced Thragg to exile and he left the planet to plot his revenge. Hearing the news from Nolan, Allen summoned Battle Beast to Talescria to task him with finding and killing Thragg.

Characterization: Thragg, like other villains, is a study in contrasts. In most ways, Thragg is a typical Viltrumite male and thus shares nearly all of the cultural traits that they would possess. He values strength in battle, and appoints his subordinates into their various roles according to it. He can be arrogant and cruel, and with his explosive temper and capacity for violence, woe be it upon the individual who earns his vengeance.

However, Thragg has also demonstrated a level of cunning, eloquence and control that can only be found in the most experienced of leaders. Despite his instincts prompting him to kill, Thragg seems to have evolved past the IED (Intermittent Explosive Disorder) that his fellow Viltrumites all suffer from to one degree or another. He often exercises restraint and control, thinking through the options and alternatives. This single fact makes Thragg “scarier” than his Viltrumite brethren. For the most part, Thragg murders his opponents for a purpose and without passion. He apparently has no need for accolades and does not display any form of self-interest or pride, outside of that for his race.

His power level is unmatched among his people, with him defeating highly experienced Viltrumite warriors like Thaedus and Omni-Man with relative ease and taking several blows from Invincible with only a minor bruise to show for it.

Friends and Foes: He is totally committed to his people and is now a mortal enemy of Omni-Man and the Coalition of Planets.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:01 pm

We've got another new item for Aisle 6 as we continue to add to our Villains Line!

I felt the same way when I walked into that biker bar in rural northern Missouri...

DAEMONITES
PL: 7 (167 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+8), Close Combat [Claws] 1 (+7), Deception 6 (+6), Expertise [Daemonite Lore] 3 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation 7 (+7), Perception 2 (+4), Stealth (+5), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Defensive Roll (1), Favored Foe (Kherubim), Languages (2) (English, Kherubim, 3 others, Base: Daemonite)

POWERS:
Daemonite Physiology: Speed 3 (16 mph), Leaping 2 (30 ft); 5 pts
Immortality: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 5 pts
Fangs/Claws: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Split); 3 pts
Shapeshifting: Morph 3 (Humanoids); 15 pts
Phasing: Insubstantial 4 (Intangible); 20 pt
Possession: Affliction 8 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Continuous, Cumulative, Subtle, Merge with Subject); 33 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +5; Possession Affliction +8]
Claws/Fangs +7 [Claws/Fangs +7]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Kherubim
Responsibility: To the Daemonite Empire
Weakness: Without a host body, weaker Daemonites cannot exist in Earth's atmosphere for long. Stronger Daemonites, or some that have been provided medicines to enhance their immune system do not have this complication

Abilities 58 + Skills 13 (25 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 81 + Defenses 9 = 167 / 167

Comments: So I picked up a WildCATS trade and I liked it, even though it oozed Iron Age. I do love Jim Lee’s art, though, and some of the characters were, and continue to be, quite engaging. So I’ve been doing a lot of research on the good old 90’s Wildstorm/Image stuff because I didn’t read much in the 90s (too drunk and chasing too many girls to let my true geekness out) so I plan on doing several builds from there to continue to add to that line of merchandise.

The main villain of the WildCATS, and the whole Wildstorm universe for a while, were the Daemonites. Oh, and I see that Jim Lee has managed to work his pets into the main DCU in the New 52 (shocker), even setting Helspont, the main Daemonite Lord, up against Superman. Anyway, they were an alien race hellbent on world domination with their main nemesis being the Kherubim, who they have been at war with for as long as any of them can remember, and considering that many of them are thousands of years old, that’s a long time.

So I thought I would start working up a template for them and eventually the Kherubim, even though they are pretty simple, slap on some enhanced abilities, immunity aging and whatever powers you feel like giving them and there you go. The Daemonites main gig is possessing a host and using their body to accomplish whatever their current plan is for world domination. In their main form, they are kinda like Xenomorphs, but they don’t often use their main form, some because they can’t survive on Earth long without it, others because playing human makes it easier for them to accomplish their goals. Like I mentioned above, they live pretty much forever, heal fast, are stronger than humans, can run fast, leap him and can slice you up with their claws and fangs. Some of the more powerful Daemonites are pretty much Martian Manhunter types, with full Shapeshifting and other powers but I thought this was a pretty good start for their foot soldier types.

If anyone has more knowledge than me and sees stuff I’m missing let me know, I’d like to have this in good shape before I build Lord Helspont, Lord Defile and others.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Kregg, Thragg, Daemonites

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:38 pm

Great job.. Two thumbs up. Brings back great memories.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:19 pm

We've got a new item for Aisle 1 (note that I am going to be moving all the Wildstorm builds to the DC Aisle since they have pretty much merged now) that proves we're still WILD AT HEART here at J-Mart!

Winged Giggity...

SWIFT
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+9/+15) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+9), Close Combat [Claws] 2 (+14), Deception (+3), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 3 (+5), Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 7 (+11), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 3 (+9), Stealth 3 (+9/+11), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Close Attack (4), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Evasion, Favored Environment (Flying), Improved Critical (1) (Claws), Improved Defense, Languages (1) (English, Mandarin, Base: Cantonese), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (3), Set-Up (1), Takedown (2), Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Swift Flying: Flight 9 (1000 mph/2 mpr, Flaw: Winged); 9 pts
Aerial Senses: Senses 5 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Touch [Ranged, Extended], Low Light Vision); 5 pts
Aerial Mastery: Enhanced Strength 2 (3200 lbs, Flaw: Limited to Lifting, Limited [when flying]), Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Limited [when flying]), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Limited [when flying]), Enhanced Skills 4 (Acrobatics 6 ranks, Stealth 2 ranks, Flaw: Limited [when flying]), Enhanced Advantages 4 (Evasion, Improved Defense, Move-by Action, Uncanny Dodge, Flaw: Limited [when flying]); 7 pts
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Split); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +4]
Claws +14 [Claws +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +6
Firearms +9

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 (+14 when Flying) [DC22/24] Parry +12 (+14 when Flying) [DC22/24]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: Her role as a superhero, especially one that has been involved in black ops type work, often conflicts with her Buddhist beliefs and pacifists nature
Motivation: Making the world a better place
Prejudice: Swift is a known bi-sexual, which can result in her being the focus of prejudice from some lesser enlightened people

Abilities 68 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 24 + Defenses 18 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Continuing my Stormwatch run is a character more well-known for her work in The Authority, Swift. She is a decent character, but never one of my faves from the series. Still, she was a grounding force for the team, even as their main aerial character. In my setting, she is part of the latest incarnation of the Birds of Prey along with Black Canary and…well, I haven’t decided on the rest yet, but the Thorpacoverse is a constant work in progress.

Secret Origins: Swift's true origins are somewhat confusing. It is possible that she was born out of an egg that was saved from Nazis by Jenny Sparks in 1943. It was guarded by a group of Tibetan monks and there was a prophecy that says a woman with wings will hatch from the egg and that she would bring about a new age of love and peace. However it is more commonly believed that she is a Seedling, a group of people who gained powers when an asteroid flew close to earth activating the Seedling's suppressed X-gene.

The Story so Far: Swift was brought into Stormwatch as a rookie, with her powers only partially activated. Weatherman Henry Bendix later reconfigured the Stormwatch teams, assigning her to Stormwatch Black, Stormwatch's black-ops team, alongside Jenny Sparks (with whom she had a brief romance) and Jack Hawksmoor. It was then that Christine Trelane offered to fully activate Swift's powers, bringing out their full potential, and she accepted.

After Stormwatch disbanded, Swift joined some of her former teammates in The Authority. Formerly a pacifist, she has put aside those beliefs to fight for a better world regardless of the cost. She has fought all over the world, from Moscow to Mexico to Gamorra Island. Eventually, The Authority broke up and she retired from superhero work for a year or so until Barbara Gordon recruited her for her Bird of Prey team and she has been a member ever since.

Characterization: Swift is a former pacificist that still tries to avoid violence when she can, but is not afraid to mete out punishment, even lethally if need be.

Friends and Foes: She remains friendly with her former Stormwatch and Authority teammates and her Birds of Prey teammates. She has a friendly rivalry with Hawkgirl.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:24 pm

With this new item, J-Mart reminds its customers that we are still YOUNG AT HEART here at J-Mart as well!

I...can't get over the boots...

SHAFT
PL: 10 (142 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Swords] 2 (+12), Deception (+3), Expertise [Tactics] 5 (+7), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation (+3), Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion 4 (+7), Ranged Combat [Bow] 2 (+13) [Skill Mastery], Stealth 4 (+9), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (7), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1) (Bow), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Precise Attack (2) (Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (6), Set-Up (1), Skill Mastery (1) (Ranged Combat [Bow]), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Eagle Eyes: Senses 1 (Normal Vision [Extended]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(35ep)
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2ep
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 4ep
Magnetic Wave Projector Bow: (22ep)
High Powered Arrows: Piercing Ranged Damage 6 (Extra: Penetrating); 150 ft range, Large; 18ep
Stun Arrows: Ranged Affliction 6 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 150 ft range; 1ep
Explosive Arrows: Burst Area Ballistic Ranged Damage 6 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius]); 150 ft range; 1ep
Flare Arrows: Ranged Area Burst Affliction 4 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Extra: Area Burst [30 ft area]), 150 ft range; 1ep
Bow Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 1; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +3; Bow Bash +4]
Swords +12 [Sword +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +11
Bow +13 [Arrows +6, Critical 19-20; Stun Arrow Affliction +6, Critical 19-20, Explosive Arrows +6, Area Burst; Flare Arrow Affliction +6, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Fame: As a former member of Youngblood, he is well known as a "government sponsored" superhero, whether he wants to be or not
Inferiority Complex: Despite his accomplishments and abilities, he has frequent doubts about his role in the superhero community
Motivation: Using his abilities for good and trying to make the world a safer place
Rivalry: He has a long running rivalry with Green Arrow and Hawkeye in regards to being the best archer

Abilities 68 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 1 + Defenses 21 = 142 / 142

Comments: In the WildCATS TBP I just read, they had a crossover with the mighty Youngblood so I thought I would hit a couple of those character over the new couple of weeks as well as working on the Wildstorm stuff. Shaft was the leader of Youngblood for a good while and he was an OK character, the reluctant leader type. I mainly built him because I love archers and man, I love to hate those boots! How the hell is he supposed to be all acrobatic archer type in those?!?!?!
Shop J-Mart!

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: J-Mart: Kregg, Thragg, Daemonites, Swift, Shaft

Post by Gazman » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:05 pm

Awww man! Saw "Shaft" in the title and was ready to see the private dick who's a sex machine to all the chicks. Got an ugly Liefeld version of Hawkeye. Don't get me wrong, Thorp. Its a good build, but still disappointing.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Kregg, Thragg, Daemonites, Swift, Shaft

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Gazman wrote:Awww man! Saw "Shaft" in the title and was ready to see the private dick who's a sex machine to all the chicks. Got an ugly Liefeld version of Hawkeye. Don't get me wrong, Thorp. Its a good build, but still disappointing.
Sorry, I had that same thing happen to me when TattooedMan build him in 2E. Saw Shaft and then...aw...

Then I built the Samuel L. Jackson version and Kreuz called it cheap imitation Shaft! :D

I will work up the original at some point, don't fret. That man Shaft is a bad mother...shut yo' mouth! But I'm just talkin' 'bout Shaft...I can dig it. 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:08 pm

We've got another WILD AT HEART SPECIAL with this J-Mart Favorite item!

Apparently he gets his armor done at the same place Shaft gets his boots.

FUJI
PL: 10 (140 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 13, STAMINA 11, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+7), Deception (+3), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+9), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+5), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Crushing Pin*, Damaging Escape*, Equipment (1), Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Interpose, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Japanese), Power Attack

POWERS:
Plasma Energy Form: Enhanced Strength 9, Enhanced Strength 4 (6000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to lifting), Enhanced Stamina 5, Immunity 10 (Life Support); 42 pts
Containment Suit: 26 pts traits, Removable (-5 pts); 21 pts
Great Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass; Extra: Permanent, Innate); 9 pts
Armor: Protection 3, Impervious 7; 17 pts

Alternate Effects of Strength Damage: 2 pts
Shockwave: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extras: Area Burst 2 [60 ft], Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Instant Recovery, Limited [Fuji must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Groundstrike: Burst Area Damage 10 (Extra: Area Burst, Flaw: Fuji and targets must be on the ground); 10 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +13]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +5
Special Attack [Groundstrike +10, Area Burst; Shockwave Affliction +10, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +14 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Acceptance: Despite his charming and philosophical demeanor, he sometimes gets depressed about his energy state and longs for acceptance
Containment Suit: Fuji is dependent on his containment suit to give his gaseous form shape and substance. If his suit is ruptured or destroyed, he becomes permanently incorporeal (Insubstantial 4), cannot speak and may dissipate unless he gets a new containment suit quickly
Motivation: Fuji strongly believes in using his powers for the good of all
Patriotism: He is very loyal to his home country of Japan and has ignored orders in the past to come to its defense

Abilities 40 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 63 + Defenses 12 = 138 / 138

Comments: Fuji is one of, if not my, favorite character from the original Stormwatch. He was like Wildfire, where he was turned into a gaseous form that had to live out his days in a containment suit, but unlike Wildfire, he was a very congenial and warm personality, providing humor perspective to the team.

In my setting, he is part of the new Stormwatch under Weatherman Jackson King’s and world security chief Cecil Steadman’s direction.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #120

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:14 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:RED LIGHT SPECIAL hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

I used to know a girl who could move her hips like that, too...

And I still really miss Michael Turner... :(

RED TORNADO PC
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA NA, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+9), Ranged Combat [Air Control] 6 (+8), Stealth (+1), Technology 5 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Eidetic Memory, Favored Environment (Flying), Improved Initiative (1)

POWERS:
Android Physique: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Protection 12; 42 pts
Computer Mind: Immunity 10 (Mental Effects); 10 pts
One of the 13 Immortal Spirits: Immortality 3 (1 week, Flaw: Requires entire android body in one piece); 3 pts
Self-Repairing: Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 2 pts
Vortex Flight: Flight 6 (125 mph); 12 pts
Air Elemental: 24 pt Array; 27 pts
Air Blast: Air Ranged Damage 12; 24 pts
Tornado Burst: Ranged Burst Area Move Object 8 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft]); 1 pt
Air Control: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Extra: Area Cone [60 ft]); 1 pt
Tornado Blast: Air Cone Area Damage 10 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +9]
Air Control +8 [Air Blast +12]
Special Attack [Tornado Blast +10, Area Cone; Air Control Move Object +10, Area Cone; Tornado Burst Move Object +8, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +12, Fortitude NA, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Acceptance: Fully aware that he is artificial, Red Tornado wants to be treated as and live the life of an ordinary human
Relationships: His wife Kathy and daughter, Traya
Weakness: Red Tornado has a kill switch on back of his neck and is susceptible to being reprogrammed

Abilities 34 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 96 + Defenses 10 = 150 / 150

Comments: So I was re-reading the Tornado’s Path arc of JLA recently and I was compelled to whip up Mr. Smith. I need to look at it again to see if I can get his Air Control up a rank or two, but in general, I like how he came out at playable pts. Of course, I could have if I had taken out a couple of small touches, like his Regeneration or stretched his Immortality out longer, but I wanted to get the feel of the characters I'm building at playable pts more so than making them completely combat efficient.

Clean Up 4/30/12: Reworked my PL11 Reddy PC to a "true" PL10/150 version.
TattooedMan and Woodclaw's Ready to Play PCs got me in the mood to take a look at some of my 3E PCs. I reworked my Red Tornado down to PL10/150 and I thought he came out pretty good.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:19 pm

We've got a RED LIGHT SPECIAL for Aisle 1!

You deliberately watch a television program that you know is beneath you so that you can feel superior to it? That's absurd. - Red Tornado

RED TORNADO
PL: 12 (208 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA --, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+10), Insight (+4), Investigation 2 (+7), Perception (+4), Ranged Combat [Air Control] 7 (+10), Stealth (+3), Technology 6 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Eidetic Memory, Favored Environment (Aerial), Fearless, Improved Initiative (1)

POWERS:
Android Physique: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Protection 13, Impervious 4; 51 pts
Computer Mind: Immunity 10 (Mental Effects); 10 pts
Interface: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Machines); 4 pts
One of the 13 Immortal Spirits: Immortality 5 (1 day, Flaw: Requires entire android body in one piece); 5 pts
Self-Repairing: Regeneration 4 (1/every 3 rounds); 4 pts
Vortex Flight: Flight 8 (500 mph/1 mpr); 16 pts
Air Elemental: 36 pt Array; 40 pts
Tornado Creation: Perception Ranged Burst Area Move Object 9 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius]); 36 pts
Air Blast: Ranged Air Damage 14; 1 pt
Tornado Blast: Ranged Cone Area Air Damage 12 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Air Shield: Deflect 11 (Extra: Reflect); 1 pt
Spinning Blur: Concealment 4 (All Visual); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +7
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +3
Air Control +10 [Air Blast +14]
Special Attack [Tornado Creation +9, Burst Area], Tornado Blast +12, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +13 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude Immune, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Acceptance: Fully aware that he is artificial, Red Tornado wants to be treated as and live the life of an ordinary human
Relationships: His wife Kathy and daughter, Traya
Weakness: Red Tornado has a kill switch on back of his neck and is susceptible to being reprogrammed

Abilities 54 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 130 + Defenses 11 = 208 / 208

Build Comments: Reddy was one of the few DCA builds that I thought was a little underpowered, actually. He’s always been shown to be one of the big guns of the League so I amped him up a bit and added a few things I thought should have been included for my setting.

Secret Origins: Red Tornado is an android created by Professor T.O. Morrow. The air elementals known as Ulthoon the Tornado Tyrant and the Tornado Champion took control of the Red Tornado's android body and used him as a weapon against the Justice League and Justice Society of America. However, the Red Tornado overcame the experience with a new sense of morality and became a hero out of his own right.

The Story so Far: In the beginning there were two tornado entities that originated from the planet Rann. This being, originally one entity, confronted Rann's adopted champion, Adam Strange, and was subsequently defeated. Following that defeat, the being contemplated the nature of good and evil, and decided that good was the superior force. The good side called itself the Tornado Champion; the evil side, the Tornado Tyrant. Confronting the Tyrant, the Tornado Champion was easily defeated. Disheartened, the Tornado Champion lured the Tyrant to Earth, where the Tyrant was defeated by the Justice League. The Tornado Champion decided that there was little satisfaction in being an imitation, and traveled the Earth in an attempt to find a new identity.

The Tornado Champion came upon the criminal T. O. Morrow, who was creating an android with which to infiltrate and defeat the Justice League. The Tornado Champion decided to assume control of the robotic form. The merging had an unexpected side effect, however: the Tornado Champion's memory was erased. Thus, the Red Tornado android apparently became a new life-form.

Through a series of mishaps choreographed by Morrow, Red Tornado seemingly killed the Justice League members. Red Tornado then tracked Morrow to his lair and seemingly defeated him, although he was badly injured in the process. When the remaining Justice League members arrived to investigate, a booby-trapped weapon felled them all. Red Tornado, recovered from his previous injuries, revived the Justice League members. The JL and the android then defeated Morrow, who confessed that Red Tornado was his android construct, but the JL still admitted him as a member in good standing.

Red Tornado often felt he was an outsider in the League, and that he was not appreciated as a sentient, independent organism. When he stumbled across the Creators monitoring Earth, he sought to impress his colleagues by defeating the aliens single-handedly. Instead, Red Tornado was captured and used as a conduit to bring parallel universes together. The Justice League defeated the Creators and rescued Red Tornado; however, his easy defeat and manipulation left Red Tornado more dejected than ever.

The Tornado's adventures with the League caused him to repeatedly be destroyed, such as when he sacrificed himself to help defeat the alien villain Nekron, and was later reassembled once more under the control of the Construct in a plot against the League, which the android managed to overcome. While a member of the Justice League, the Red Tornado developed a human alter ego appearance, that of John Smith, and formed an attachment with a woman named Kathy Sutton. In addition, he adopted an orphan from the middle-eastern nation of Bialya named Traya, and they formed a makeshift family. He formed friendships with his teammates, particularly new recruit Firestorm.

Eventually, T.O. Morrow returned and a conflict with the latter Morrow caused the Tornado's android shell to rupture, and at this point the above origin of the Tornado Champion/Tyrant's merging with the android body was revealed. Red Tornado soon regained his body and gained renewed confidence in now knowing he was truly a sentient being. This would not last for long, as tragedy would soon strike once more.

During the Crisis on Infinite Earths, the Tornado Champion was again separated from his android host body, becoming an air elemental due to the Anti-Monitor utilizing him as a weapon against the combined might of both the Justice League and Avengers.

After the Crisis, the Red Tornado/Tornado Champion retained his air elemental status, and became the personification of a force of nature along with Swamp Thing (as an earth elemental) and Firestorm (as a fire elemental). The Red Tornado, like the Swamp Thing, used his new found responsibilities to act as a protector and advocate of nature.

Air pollution had an adverse effect on the Red Tornado/Tornado Champion, driving him half-mad and into conflict with Firestorm in The Elemental War. Eventually, Captain Atom and Firestorm calmed him, and Firestorm manufactured a new body shell for Red Tornado. It appears this new body was imperfect, as the Red Tornado began to experience serious malfunctions. His humanity was almost lost, and his physical appearance became more and more damaged, dirty and clearly not right. During a period of near-total malfunction, Red Tornado had been a member of the Leymen. During this period, he would experience odd jerks and spasms as he moved, and malfunctioning gears and mechanisms clanging together could be heard coming from within the android's body. He also could only speak in a halting, emotionless, mechanical monotone. During the course of his association with the Leymen, the original Red Tornado personality began to re-emerge, and slowly, his emotions and humanity as well.

Upon re-establishing his abilities to move properly and communicate, the Red Tornado re-established his connections with the Justice League and the regular super hero community. He served as an adviser for Young Justice, and as an auxiliary member of the JL. During this period, he attempted to renew his relationship with his former girlfriend Kathy Sutton and Traya. While he did not succeed in fully reuniting with Sutton, his adopted daughter, Traya, has readily accepted the Red Tornado into her life, regardless of his appearance or state of repair. Because of Traya's attachment for the Red Tornado, Sutton allows Red Tornado regular visitations and contact. He has not, however, returned to his John Smith identity, instead acting as Traya's adoptive father in his superheroic/robotic identity.

Red Tornado was one of the heroes recruited by Donna Troy to fight against the menace in space during Infinite Crisis. After the Crisis, the Red Tornado was believed to have sacrificed himself but in reality he was utterly destroyed, hit by a stray Zeta beam signal.
Red Tornado's torso ended up in the Australian Outback, where it was found by a small group of aborigines. The head ended up in the auto shop of mechanic Johnny Warrawa, who built a new body for it from junkyard scraps. Although malfunctioning, Red Tornado was set against a group of Intergang enforcers evicting a tribe of Aborigines from their shanty town, but is again destroyed with only his head remaining, which was then used in a contemporary art sculpture. Red Tornado's head was later bought from an internet auction by T.O. Morrow, who was hoping to discover its secrets, and ultimately became Rip Hunter's possession and was combined with Hunter's Time Bubble to navigate safely into the restored universe.

Green Lantern was able to gather all of Red Tornado's parts and have him fully repaired by Will Magnus. His soul, however, was convinced by Felix Faust, posing as Deadman, to enter the body of a recently deceased copy of the villain Multiplex and experience life as a real human. He retained his powers in this new body as John Smith, and returned home to a joyful Kathy and Traya.

Unfortunately, this would not last forever. While learning to be "human", John sensed something was wrong by the way his shaking hand. While attempting to confront Deadman at Boston Brand's grave, the Phantom Stranger appeared and informed him of the impostor who had made John switch bodies and to follow his fate. Following Magnus' signal, Red Tornado stumbled upon Professor Ivo's hideout, along with Black Canary, Green Lantern and Arsenal, who had also been tracking Red Tornado's stolen shell. Eventually, it was revealed that the conspirator behind stealing Red Tornado's body was Solomon Grundy. With Ivo's help, Grundy used Vixen's stolen totem and Amazo programming to try to gain immortality. The assembled heroes, along with others, left to stop the runaway Amazo/Red Tornado android, who think itself to be John Smith, goes to see John's family, Grundy kept human Red Tornado behind in an attempt to kill him.

Grundy revealed that with his body uninhabitable, he can just use it as armor. Also, by having John transferred into a human body, he was locked in and wouldn't take over it himself if Grundy killed him. During the losing battle with Grundy, Grundy tore off Red Tornado's arm and swallowed it. With his last bit of strength, Red Tornado accelerated his whirlwinds with enough force to snap Grundy in half.

Slowly dying, he asked his wife to quickly rebuild the Red Tornado android and allow him to return. Zatanna lifted the spell trapping his soul thus allowing Red Tornado to again be able to inhabit his android shell upon "death". Although he was offered to keep the various enhancement planted by Ivo, Red Tornado divested himself of all augmentation, joining the Justice League with his usual array of powers.

Characterization: Red Tornado has experience his share of death and rebirth and it’s believed that because of his link to the Tornado Elemental, he cannot truly die. He continues to search for true humanity and along the way has become a very powerful and effective hero.

Friends and Foes: He loves his daughter Traya and his wife Kathy and remains close to several members of the Justice League.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!