J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #105

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:27 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Our MORE POWER! run keeps on rolling with this new addition to our Villains Line.

Death becomes me.

THANOS
PL: 16 (334 pts) - OPL: 16 ; DPL: 16

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 18, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 11, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 8

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+14), Deception 7 (+15), Expertise [Magic] 3 (+14) [Ritualist], Expertise [Science] 7 (+18), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 3 (+14), Insight 7 (+15), Intimidation 11 (+19/+20), Investigation 1 (+12) [Well-Informed], Perception (+8), Persuasion 2 (+10), Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 6 (+13), Stealth (+2/0), Technology 9 (+20) [Inventor], Vehicles 6 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (6) (Wealth 5 [Cosmic Billionaire], Resources), Chokehold, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (27), Fearless, Inventor, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4), Ritualist, Takedown (1), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Mad Titan Physiology: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass, Extra: Permanent, Innate), Protection 2, Impervious 8, Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support); 32 pts
Death Exclusion: Immortality 6 (1 day); 12 pts
Cosmic Traveler: Comprehend 2 (Read, Understand all languages); 4 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: 40 pt array; 43 pts
Mental Blast: Perception Range Psionic Damage 10 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will]); 40 pts
Cosmic Blast: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 19 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial); 1 pt
Cosmic Burst: Burst Area Cosmic Energy Damage 16 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Teleportation: Teleport 11 (2000 Miles; Extra: Increased Mass 3, Flaw: Extended Only); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(135ep)
135ep as needed for Space Ships, Flight Chair, HQ, etc.

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +12
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +10
Cosmic Energy Control +13 [Cosmic Energy Blast +19]
Special Attack [Mental Blast +10, Perception; Cosmic Burst +16, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +20 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +18, Will +14

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Adam Warlock, Drax the Destroyer, most of the universe
Obsession: Destroying all life
Relationships: Mistress Death, his true love

Abilities 152 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 46 + Powers 87 + Defenses 17 = 334 / 334

Comments: Ah, Thanos. One of Marvels heaviest hitters. The Mad Titan. The one-time (and probably future, considering the way these sequel crossover arcs work) owner of the Infinity Gauntlet, the most powerful item in the universe. A man that can take on the entire Avengers or the Guardians of the Galaxy or any of the Heralds of Galactus and come out on top.

But then lose to a weirdo like Adam Warlock.

And Squirrel Girl.

THAT is why I love comics. 8)

Clean Up 4/30/12: A few tweaks to the Mad Titan.
Fixed up Thanos a bit. I was off on some stuff in my original build of him. I find I am never satisfied with my first couple of hundred builds, much like I was in 2E and I end up come back to them once I am more familiar with the system. More reviews to come.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue May 01, 2012 9:05 pm

We're still WILD AT HEART here at J-Mart with this new special for Aisle 1!

Say you want about him, but he's the best back scratcher in all of comicdom...

WARBLADE
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+12), Athletics 7 (+10), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise [Art] 6 (+7), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 8 (+9), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 5 (+10), Technology 3 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Equipment (1), Favored Foe (Daemonites), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Japanese, Mandarin, Base: English), Power Attack, Takedown (1), Weapon Break

POWERS:
Organic Metal Body: Impervious 4, Elongation 1 (15 ft); 9 pts
Fast Healer: Regeneration 1 (1/every 5 rounds); 1 pt
Warblades: 18 pt array; 21 pts
Warblade Strike: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 5, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Critical 2); (Extra: Penetrating 9, Split); 17 pts
Fountain of Darts: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Ranged Damage 5 (Extra: Accurate 3, Multiattack, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 1 pt
Murder Tree: Piercing/Slashing Damage 9 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Flaw: Diminished Range [15 ft]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +3; Warblades +8, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Fountain of Darts +9 [Fountain of Darts +8, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Murder Tree +9, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +12, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Hatred: The Daemonites, who killed his parents
Temper: Despite his generally clam nature, he does have quite a temper, especially when The Daemonites are involved
Vulnerable: His organic metal body is susceptible to magnetic effects

Abilities 70 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 29 + Defenses 17 = 150 / 150

Comments: Warblade from WildCATS kinda looks like a Wolverine rip-off, but he’s actually more of an homage. Granted he has the claw thing going on, but he can morph into more things that than, and I actually should have probably given him a Morph AE since he can turn himself into more than just blades.

He has a hatred for the Daemonites since they killed his parents and outside of his warrior time, he’s a talented artist and trained martial artist that takes annual trips to Japan to study with his old masters. DC could do a lot with him if they handle him right, so it will be interesting to see how his little run in with Superboy and Fairchild goes.
Shop J-Mart!

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Re: J-Mart: Daemonites, Swift, Shaft, Fuji, Warblade

Post by Woodclaw » Tue May 01, 2012 11:55 pm

I can't really comment on the Wildstorm builds since I never read anything from them, but I do love your Thanos build. Just one question: did you left out his "final particle of chaos in the universe" stuff on purpose?
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed May 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Woodclaw wrote:I can't really comment on the Wildstorm builds since I never read anything from them, but I do love your Thanos build. Just one question: did you left out his "final particle of chaos in the universe" stuff on purpose?
I guess I did. Enlighten me.

And if you have the chance, you really should pick up some Iron Age stuff. It's wonderfully bad. As I stated earlier, I didn't read comics from pretty much the mid-80's to early 2000s, so a lot these characters are new to me and I would have never even considered it if it hadn't been for Taliesin's, Tattooedman, Kreuzritter's and others builds of the WildCATS and Youngblood, etc.

Some of the characters are quite engaging, but Liefeld's and Lee's plots...wow...they seem to be missing things like...structure...good diaglogue...and a point...I'm reading James Robinson's run on WildCATS now and it's much better. My next purchase is going to be Alan Moore's run on it and maybe his run on Supreme, too.

I also finally got the last Brit book (Robert Kirkman is GOD) and I am going to start Astonishing Wolf Man after I get my yearly raise in June.
Shop J-Mart!

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Wed May 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Deleted for a non related rambling :lol:
Last edited by JoshuaDunlow on Sat May 05, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Woodclaw » Thu May 03, 2012 2:59 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Woodclaw wrote:I can't really comment on the Wildstorm builds since I never read anything from them, but I do love your Thanos build. Just one question: did you left out his "final particle of chaos in the universe" stuff on purpose?
Some time before "Annihilation" it was established that Thanos is somehow the only completly unpredictable being in the universe. I'm not sure about the details, but pretty much he exist outside the loop of destiny, which makes him immune to any form of evaluation of precognition.

Taliesin's build included this element.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu May 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Woodclaw wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:
Some time before "Annihilation" it was established that Thanos is somehow the only completly unpredictable being in the universe. I'm not sure about the details, but pretty much he exist outside the loop of destiny, which makes him immune to any form of evaluation of precognition.

Gotcha. I can add that, it makes sense. Thanks.
Shop J-Mart!

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Sidious » Fri May 04, 2012 10:26 am

Woodclaw wrote: Some time before "Annihilation" it was established that Thanos is somehow the only completly unpredictable being in the universe. I'm not sure about the details, but pretty much he exist outside the loop of destiny, which makes him immune to any form of evaluation of precognition.

I thought that was only Warlock? I know he did it to himself when he had the Infinity Macguffin (along with splitting off his good/evil halves).
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat May 05, 2012 6:11 am

Sidious wrote:
Woodclaw wrote: Some time before "Annihilation" it was established that Thanos is somehow the only completly unpredictable being in the universe. I'm not sure about the details, but pretty much he exist outside the loop of destiny, which makes him immune to any form of evaluation of precognition.

I thought that was only Warlock? I know he did it to himself when he had the Infinity Macguffin (along with splitting off his good/evil halves).
Given that I saw The Avengers last night, this is such a VERY appropriate discussion. 8)

LOVED IT. I'll give it a couple of weeks so people can see it and I don't spoil too much, before I start looking at it from a gaming standpoint and how Joss Whedon did a great job (obviously inadvertently) of setting power levels.

Going through the scenes, I think it would be fun to discuss things like whether movie Hawkeye has Takedown 1 or 2, and how Iron Man power stunted things in the final battle and such. But then again, I'm a total MnM junkie (obviously) so I see everything in stats now. I was already statting up the girl from Pixar's Brave in my head just from the trailers... :shock:
Shop J-Mart!

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Sidious » Sat May 05, 2012 10:55 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:Given that I saw The Avengers last night, this is such a VERY appropriate discussion. 8)

LOVED IT. I'll give it a couple of weeks so people can see it and I don't spoil too much, before I start looking at it from a gaming standpoint and how Joss Whedon did a great job (obviously inadvertently) of setting power levels.

Going through the scenes, I think it would be fun to discuss things like whether movie Hawkeye has Takedown 1 or 2, and how Iron Man power stunted things in the final battle and such. But then again, I'm a total MnM junkie (obviously) so I see everything in stats now. I was already statting up the girl from Pixar's Brave in my head just from the trailers... :shock:
I concur.

I was cheering at the big reveal after the credits and had to explain it to others in my group why.

Also, don't feel bad Thorp, I've been statting up movies while watching since oWoD in the 90's.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Bladewind » Sat May 05, 2012 10:59 am

I concur. I was watching and there were at least three moments where I felt that Black Widow was using the benefit of multiple ranks of Attractive. And then thinking, now THAT is how one does attractive.

[spoiler]I mean come on! Outwitting the freaking god of lies! Pure awesome.[/spoiler]

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat May 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Bladewind wrote:I concur. I was watching and there were at least three moments where I felt that Black Widow was using the benefit of multiple ranks of Attractive. And then thinking, now THAT is how one does attractive.

[spoiler]I mean come on! Outwitting the freaking god of lies! Pure awesome.[/spoiler]
No doubt!
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat May 05, 2012 5:46 pm

We've got a J-Mart Favorite item for Aisle 9!

I promise before God, I won't hurt your brother. But you should listen to him, Fullmetal. Your life for another is not a fair exchange. There is nothing in this world that can equal the loss of my brother and my people. Nothing will make it easier to bear! - Scar

SCAR
PL: 10 (153 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10) [Agile Feint], Athletics 8 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+13), Deception (+1), Expertise [Alchemy] 4 (+5), Expertise [Tactics] 6 (+7), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 6 (+7), Insight 5 (+9) [Assessment], Intimidation 8 (+9), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 2 (+7), Stealth 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Assessment, Benefit (1) (No ID), Defensive Roll (3), Evasion (1), Favored Foe (State Alchemists), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Ishbalan), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Right Arm of Destruction: 21 pt array; 24 pts
Destructive Blast: Line Area Damage 10 (Extra: Line Area 2 [60 ft], Variable Descriptor [ground/structure touched], Flaw: Limited [Scar must be by structure/on ground, targets must be by structure/on ground]); 21 pts
Right Hand of Judgment: Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cumulative); 1 pt
Disintegration Touch: Weaken Toughness 7 (Extra: Affects Objects, Linked), Damage 7 (Extra: Linked); 1 pt
Hole in the Ground: Burrowing 6 (4 mph); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +4; Right Hand of Judgment Affliction +10]
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +5
Throwing +7
Special Attack [Destructive Blast +10, Area Line]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Lots, mainly the homunculi, the military, sometimes the Elrics…basically everyone in Amestris seemingly at times
Hatred: He hates Zolf Kimbley, the Crimson Alchemist, for killing his brother
Honor: He is a man of his word, despite his violent and vengeful nature and never takes the life of an innocent (well, as he sees innocence)
Relationships: May Chang and Shao-Bo
Revenge: He hates all alchemists due to the killings of his people in Ishbal and he is out for revenge

Abilities 64 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 24 + Defenses 21 = 153 / 153

Comments: One of the baddest men in the FMA universe, Scar. He's complex, too. He starts out as a state alchemist killer but you find out there are reasons for it, well, at least for some of them. And after trying to kill Ed at first, they become allies for a while, once the machinations of the state military come to light.

From a power standpoint, he's right up there with anyone in the FMA verse, including King Bradley who he actually kills in the 2nd anime. That may mean a bump to PL11 at some point, at least on defense.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat May 05, 2012 8:51 pm

We've got another J-Mart Favorite Item hitting the Aisle 1 shelves.

Come on, Alan. Do I look seventy? You think this is all diet and exercise? - Wildcat

WILDCAT (TED GRANT)
PL: 10 (168 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 8 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+16), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [The Sweet Science of Boxing] 14 (+15), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+7), Insight 5 (+8) [Assessment], Intimidation 8 (+10), Investigation 5 (+6), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 6 (+10), Vehicles 7 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Cunning Fighter*, Damaging Escape*, Defensive Attack, Equipment (3), Improved Critical (3) (Unarmed 3), Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Last Stand*, Power Attack, Precise Attack (1) (Close, Concealment), Takedown (1), Tough* (3)

POWERS:
Slowed Aging: Feature 1 (Longevity); 1 pt
Cat Like Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision); 2 pts
9 Lives: Immortality 19 (Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Limited to nine uses); 20 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(15ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep
Vehicle: (10ep)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8; 10ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +12
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Chauvinist: Ted can be a bit of a chauvinist at times, which has gotten him into lots of trouble with female teammates
Fists Are Natures Problem Solvers: Ted likes straight up, mano-a-mano fights. He won't take shortcuts
Relationships: Despite their rough start, he loves his son, Tom
XXXXX: Ted has more emotional and physical scars than he cares to count and is determined to help younger heroes avoid as many of his (many) mistakes as possible., Simple is Best: Wildcat isn’t known for complex tactics or subtle plans: decades of experience have taught him most problems actually can be solved with his fists

Abilities 66 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Advantages 21 + Powers 23 + Defenses 20 = 168 / 168

Comments: I liked the DCA Wildcat, but I like Ted at PL10, feels more like him. Actually, I like him more at PL9, but alas, I gave into power creep...
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat May 05, 2012 9:01 pm

We've got another new item for Aisle 1!

DC sure loves their gorillas. Grodd, Mallah, Ultra-Humanite just weren't enough, we needed a big gold one. THAT'S original...

CONGORILLA
PL: 10 (165 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+11), Athletics 7 (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception (+2), Expertise [Hunter] 9 (+10), Expertise [Survival] 8 (+9), Insight 3 (+7), Intimidation 7 (+9), Perception 7 (+11), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Guns] 4 (+8), Stealth (+6), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Benefit (4) (Status – Great Golden Gorilla, Wealth 3 [Millionaire]), Crushing Pin*, Diehard, Equipment (1), Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Languages (1) (Swahili, 1 other, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Great Golden Gorilla Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +1, +4 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Great Golden Gorilla Physique: Feature 1 (Prehensile Feet), Movement 5 (Sure-Footed 2, Safe Fall, Swinging, Wall-crawling), Regeneration 5; 16 pts
Great Golden Ape Senses: Senses 12 (Scent [Accurate, Analytical, Extended 2, Ranged], Low-Light Vision, Postcognition [Limited to scent], Tracking); 12 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +4
Firearms +8

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +12, Fortitude +11, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Prometheus, Gorilla Grodd
Relationships: He is close friends with Starman, Mikaal Tomas, Gorilla Man, B'Wana Beast and T'Challa, The Black Panther
Responsibility: Congorilla takes his role as protector of the African lands he and his gorilla tribe call home very seriously, but he is also a mentor and partner to other African heroes, lending them the benefit of his century of experience
Secret Identity: The body of Congo Bill was killed with the mind of the Congorilla inside it. There may be unforeseen side effects to Congo Bill’s mind remaining inside the Golden Gorilla’s body for an extended period

Abilities 66 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 37 + Defenses 12 = 165 / 165

Comments: My take on Congorilla for the Thorpacoverse. I didn’t think the DCA version was powerful enough, which really surprised me since I thought he showed pretty serious strength in the JLA: Cry for Justice series. And no Growth. Yet the core book minion gorillas had Growth. Go fig.
Shop J-Mart!