J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #121

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:We're hitting a Milestone with this new item for the Aisle 1 shelves!

I've got to get gardening tips from him. My Peony bush is croaking and he's got a Tree of Life just rockin' it.

XOMBI
PL: 8 (165 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+6), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+12), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise [Magic] 1 (+5), Expertise [Nanotechnology] 9 (+13), Expertise [Science] 6 (+10), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 2 (+6), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+5), Stealth 3 (+5), Technology 9 (+13), Treatment 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Great Endurance, Languages (1) (Korean, Latin, Base: English), Ranged Attack (3), Teamwork

POWERS:
Nanotech Biology: Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Stamina 5, Immunity 8 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Starvation/Thirst, Suffocation, Critical Hits), Regeneration 10 (1/every round, Extra: Persistent), Immortality 19 (1/every round); 71 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Accident: Xombi's regeneration is so powerful, if someone, or something is touching him when he is regenerating it is absorbed into his body. Such an accident cost the life of his lab assistant that saved him by injecting the nanites into his bodies
Enemy: Dr. Sugarman
Motivation: Using his powers for the good of mankind
Relationships: His fiancée, Dahlia

Abilities 46 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 71 + Defenses 13 = 165 / 165

Comments: I don’t know a lot about Xombi, but I was reading the Brave and Bold TBP where they began to introduce the Milestone characters into the DCU last year so I got to read a little of him and I am thinking of picking up the compilation of his new book when it comes out.

David Kim was a nanotech expert that got attacked in his lab by Dr. Sugarman who wanted to steal his work. David took a fatal wound so his lab assistant injected the nanites in him and they worked as expected, giving him a healing factor and saving his life. However, the unexpected part is that they worked so well, they began to absorb her body into his to regenerate the damage and it killed her. He blames himself for it and that drives him to help others. From a build standpoint, I am guessing on the extent of his powers, but he can pretty much heal and regenerate from anything and for all purposes cannot die. I think this build covers it, but I wasn’t completely sure about his stamina and strength and he seemed to be a good fighter. It’ll get looked at again later, of course, because that’s what I do.
Got a short Milestone comics run coming and I started with Xombi since he seems like an intriguing character. This is mostly Wiki fueled since I've only read one comic with him in it, but it was good.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Hellstormer1
Collaborator
Collaborator

Re: J-Mart: Celeste Noble, Race Noble, Krennick, Xombi

Post by Hellstormer1 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:13 pm

Wow, there's a lot from Image I don't know these days. Who are the Nobles???
"Variety is the spice of life" -Traditional phrase on life and living
"HE WHO CONTROLS THE SPICE, CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE!" -Paul from Dune
"Big things have small beginnings" -David from Prometheus
http://www.RPGGamer.org

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Hellstormer1 wrote:Wow, there's a lot from Image I don't know these days. Who are the Nobles???
They are the main characters in Jay Faerber's Noble Causes. Great series. Here's more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_Causes

I highly recommend picking up the trades if you can. Speaking of trades, I finally got around to starting Planetary. Wow. I need to read some more, but expect Jakita, Elijah and The Drummer coming pretty dang soon. That's another great book. Much like Grant Morrison, when Warren Ellis is on, he is ON and he is on in Planetary, at least the beginning.

But also like Morrison, when he's off...yikes... :shock:
Shop J-Mart!

Hellstormer1
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by Hellstormer1 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Thank you!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #65

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:05 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Our first item for our Image Aisle hits the shelves.

Just...shocking, how this kid acts...

STATIC
PL: 10 (175 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 3 (+4), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+7), Deception 6 (+8) [Taunt], Expertise [Popular Culture] 5 (+9), Expertise [Science] 5 (+9), Expertise [Streetwise] 1 (+5), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 1 (+5), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Electrical Control] 4 (+8), Stealth 3 (+7), Technology 6 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (STAR Labs Clearance), Close Attack (1), Defensive Attack, Equipment (1), Move-by Action, Set-Up (1), Taunt

POWERS:
Living Outlet: Features 1 (You can power electrical devices as if you were a battery or standard electrical outlet simply by touching or holding the device or its power cord); 1 pt
Static Electricity: Features 1 (You can generate enough static electricity to move small objects within arm’s reach, weighing no more than a pound [weight rank –5] or so); 1 pt
Human Defibrillator: Features 1 (You can act like a defibrillator to treat heart attack victims, automatically stabilizing their condition); 1 pt
Hot Wire: Features 1 (Similarly, you may be able to jump start or reset an incapacitated construct with an electrical system); 1 pt
Electrical Immunity: Immunity 10 (Electrical Effects); 10 pts
Electromagnetic Field: Enhanced Dodge 3, Protection 5 (Flaw: Sustained); 8 pts
Disc Flight: Flight 6 (120 mph; Flaw: Platform, Quirk: Requires metallic disc); 5 pts
Electrosense: Senses 3 (Detect Electricity [Ranged, Acute]); 3 pts
Electromagnetic Array: 27 pt Dynamic Array; 43 pts
Electromagnetic Blast: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Dynamic, Variable Descriptor 2 [Any electromagnetic]); 27 pts
Arclight: Environment 3 (Light; 120 ft radius; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Static Electricity: Move Object 12 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Static Cling: Ranged Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Dynamic, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited [to two degrees]); 2 pts
EMP: Burst Area Weaken Electronics 6 (Extra: Affects Only Objects, Broad, Area Burst [30 ft area], Dynamic, Simultaneous); 2 pts
Ball Lightning: Burst Area Electrical Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft area], Dynamic); 2 pts
Chain Lightning: Electrical Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Multiattack); 2 pts
Shock Field: Affliction 5 (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Action [Reaction], Cumulative, Dynamic); 2 pts
Taser Punch: Affliction 12 (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated; Extra: Accurate, Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Young Justice Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Young Justice Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Mount Justice/Avengers Tower Access), Benefit 1 (Young Justice Status); 5ep
Detachable Disc: Feature 1 (GPS, PDA), Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 1; 3ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +6 [Shock Aura Affliction +5; Disc Bash +2]
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +1]
Taser Punch +8 [Taser Punch +12]
Ranged Attack +4
Electromagnetic Array +8 [Electrical Blast +12; Chain Lightning +8, Multiattack; Ball Lightning +8, Area Burst]
Special Attack [Static Cling Affliction +12]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +2 (+7 with Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Dr. Nemo, Holocaust
Motivation: Protecting his area of the city and using his powers for the good of all
Relationships: His best friend, Richie (Gear), his dad and sister
Secret Identity: Virgil Hawkins, high school student and STAR Labs intern
Vulnerable: Static's power can be shorted out by water and other grounding items/devices

Abilities 50 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 73 + Defenses 21 = 175 / 175

Comments: Static, one of Milestone’s biggest successes. The comic was successful enough for them to make a pitch to Fox Kids back in the day and Virgil even got his own cartoon, which lasted for 3 seasons. That’s pretty rare air for superheroes when you think about it. Outside of maybe 5-6 main characters from the big companies, it’s usually teams that have series that last that long. Now he has crossed over into the DCU, and although his new comic got yanked after 8 issues, that was more the creative team than the property, I think.

Static is a pretty dangerous opponent. He has a lot of ways to deal with foes, and anything I didn’t think of (which shouldn’t be much, I loaded him up with Alternate Effects off his blast), he can power stunt. I wanted to make him someone that could hang in a Justice League level setting and I think I did that.
Static rocks.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #453

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:06 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Check out this PC item for our Full Metal Alchemist Aisle!

The power of one man doesn't amount to much. But, however little strength I'm capable of... I'll do everything humanly possible to protect the people I love, and in turn they'll protect the ones they love. It seems like the least we tiny humans can do for each other. - Roy Mustang

ROY MUSTANG
PL: 9 (150 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 8 (+12), Expertise [Flame Alchemy] 8 (+10), Expertise [Military] 10 (+12), Insight 4 (+9) [Assessment], Intimidation 2 (+6), Investigation 8 (+10) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception (+5), Persuasion 7 (+11) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Alchemy] 2 (+8), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (2) (Status 2 – Colonel), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (2), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Ranged Attack (3), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Flame Alchemy: 30 pt array; 33 pts
Flame Barrage: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack); 30 pts
Flame Burst: Ranged Burst Area Damage 9 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Flame Thrower: Line Area Damage 9 (Extra: Area Line 2 [60 ft line]); 1 pt
Suffocation: Ranged Affliction 7 (Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Progressive); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
State Alchemist's Watch: Benefit 1 (Status - State Alchemist); 1ep
Ignition Gloves: Feature 1 (Ignition for Flame Alchemy); 1ep
Heavy Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4; 100 ft range, Small; 8ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +6 [Pistol +4]
Flame Alchemy +8 [Special Ranged Attack +0; Special Ranged Attack +0, Multiattack], Special Attack [Special Attack +0, Area Burst; Special Attack +0, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The homunculi and their (currently) unknown master
Obsession: Rising up the military ranks and becoming the Fuhrer
Power Loss: Wet conditions, or getting his Ignition Gloves wet can neutralize his flame alchemy. He also needs the transmutation circle on the gloves to use his alchemy
Relationships: He is very close to Riza Hawkeye
Responsibility: To the Military and to his men

Abilities 52 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 33 + Defenses 21 = 150 / 150

Comments: Roy Mustang is a cool character in FMA. He initially comes off as the aloof, condescending boss of Ed (and kind Al) but as things go on, you realize that he’s so much more than that. He’s incredibly ambitious, with design on becoming Fuhrer someday, and also very much in tune with what is going on with everything locally and around Amestris. And when he finally uses his Flame Alchemy, look out. He’s one of the biggest badasses in the series, taking out homunculi and doing massive property damage in several scenes, which is something near and dear to my heart. With Riza by his side to aim him and/or keep people off him, he’s even more dangerous.
I forgot that I had Roy and Riza done. Riza will hopefully get posted tomorrow.
Shop J-Mart!

Narsil
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: J-Mart: Xombi, Roy Mustang, Static

Post by Narsil » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:32 am

Planetary is one of those that remains pretty much 'on' for the entire run. And it's probably one of my top ten personal favourites as a result.
Narsil 2e
Narsil 3e

'Oil, an emergency? About time the people who run this planet of yours realize that to be dependent upon a mineral slime just doesn't make sense.'
-The Fourth Doctor, Terror of the Zygons

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #163

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:After a brief delay, LADIES' NIGHT continues at J-Mart! Check out this build on Aisle 1!

Da real.

ROCKET
PL: 10 (146 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 3 (+4), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception 8 (+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Popular Culture] 3 (+5), Expertise [Streetwise] 3 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Kinetic Energy Control] 5 (+8), Stealth (+4), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative (1), Set-Up (1), Taunt, Teamwork

POWERS:
Inertia Converter Belt: 68 pts traits, Removable (-14 pts); 54 pts
Rocket Flight: Flight 10 (2000 mph); 20 pts
Kinetic Force Field: Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 8 (Flaw: Sustained, Limited to Kinetic Attacks); 18 pts
Kinetic Control Array: 24 pt array; 28 pts
Kinetic Blast: Ranged Damage 12; 24 pts
Kinetic Punch: Kinetic Energy Damage 12 (Extra: Penetrating); 1 pt
Kinetic Burst: Burst Area Damage 10 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Force Cage: Create 12 (Force Cage, Flaw: Limited to Entrapping); 1 pt
Suffocating Bubble: Ranged Affliction 6 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Progressive); 1 pt
Frictionless: Immunity 10 (Grabbing, Ensnaring, and Restraining effects, Flaw: Sustained); 1 pt
Kinetic Deflection: Deflect 8 (Extra: Reflect, Flaw: Limited to Kinetic Attacks); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Young Justice Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Young Justice Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Mount Justice/Avengers Tower Access), Benefit 1 (Young Justice Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +6 [Kinetic Punch +12]
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Kinetic Control +8 [Kinetic Blast +12; Kinetic Deflect +8]
Special Attack [Kinetic Burst +10, Area Burst; Suffocating Bubble Affliction +8, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +2 (+12 with Force Field, +8 Impervious against Kinetic Effects with Force Field), Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Making the world a better place for her son, Amistad Augustus
Power Loss: Rocket's Kinetic constructs and force field are vulnerable to low energy attacks/damage or attacks that do not rely on kinetic energy (thermal, electrical, etc.)
Relationships: Her son, and her partner, Icon
Secret Identity: Raquel Ervin, college student and single mother

Abilities 46 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 54 + Defenses 17 = 146 / 146

Comments: Rocket is a cool character in the Icon series. Even though the book is named for Icon and he’s the real heavy hitter, she is the one that starts him on the superheroic path and the story is told from her point of view so to me, she’s the main protagonist. She starts out as a roughneck kid that actually is part of a group of kids that tried to rob Augustus' house. But he stops them and shows his powers and she is intrigued with him from then on. She convinces him to use his powers for good and he gives her the Inertia Converter Belt so she can be his partner.

Shortly thereafter, she finds out she is pregnant and becomes a great role model as a positive single mom that still tries to get her school in and find time to save the world. And before someone jumps on their high horse about a single teen mom not being a role model, don't.
Finally got around to Rocket, Icon's partner NOT sidekick. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #209

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Our Ladies keep right on coming here at LADIES' NIGHT!

I like guns. Because unlike swords and knives you don't have to feel your victim die - Riza Hawkeye

RIZA HAWKEYE
PL: 8 (111 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 6 (+7), Deception (+1), Expertise [Military] 5 (+7), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 5 (+6), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Guns] 3 (+11), Sleight of Hand 2 (+7), Stealth 4 (+7), Vehicles 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Benefit (1) (Military Clearance), Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (5), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (2) (Guns 2), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (2) (Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment), Ranged Attack (3), Quick Draw, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(25ep)
Heavy Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4; 100 ft range, Small; 8ep
Arsenal: (13ep)
Sniper Rifle: Ballistic Ranged Damage 5, Critical 19-20; 250 ft range, Large; 12ep
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +1; Knife +2, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +8
Guns +11 [Pistol +4, Critical 18-20; Sniper Rifle +5, Critical 17-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: She is sworn to protect Roy Mustang and despite how she acts, she is quite fond of her dog
Responsibility: To protect Roy and fulfill her military obligations

Abilities 46 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 27 + Powers 0 + Defenses 18 = 111 / 111

Comments: Riza Hawkeye is Roy Mustang’s right-hand woman and a badass in her own right in the FMA setting. Considering that I would have most soldiers in that setting at PL4, maybe PL5 for the more experienced ones, she’s head and shoulders above them. And she can hang with the homunculi for a little while, as she has shown in the series. But her main role is looking for Roy and keeping him on the right path.
Riza Hawkeye from Full Metal Alchemist, as mentioned earlier.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #28

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Here comes another one of THE BIG GUNS OF THE THORPACOVERSE, and this one is a 5-Star JM Favorite!

My god has a hammer - Nick Fury

THOR
PL: 16 (288 pts) - OPL: 16 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 17, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 6

SKILLS: Athletics 6 (+23), Deception (+6), Expertise [Magic] 7 (+8) [Ritualist], Expertise [Military] 7 (+8), Insight 4 (+9), Intimidation 7 (+13) [Startle], Perception 3 (+8), Persuasion (+6), Ranged Combat [Hammer] 4 (+11), Stealth (+3), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (3) (Status – Prince of Asgard, Heir to The Throne), Close Attack (3), Equipment (1), Improved Critical (1) (Hammer), Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Languages (1) (English, German, Base: Ancient Norse), Last Stand *, Leadership, Lionheart*, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4), Ritualist, Startle, Takedown (1)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (ASGARDIAN PHYSIOLOGY): Diehard, Great Endurance

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (MJOLNIR): Improved Smash, Weapon Break

POWERS:
Asgardian Physiology: Protection 2, Impervious 3, Immunity 5 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Heat, Cold), Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Feature 1 (Increased Mass); 16 pts, Asgardian Strength: Enhanced Strength 5 (100,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Asgardian Armor: 12 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 10 pts
Asgardian Plate: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 5; 12 pts
Weatherproof: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Weather], Immunity 2 [Earthly Weather], Feature 1 (No matter the weather conditions, he remains dry, his hair and clothing never mussed by the wind); 5 pts
God of Thunder: Environment 5 (500 ft radius; Impede Movement, Visibility); 10 pts
Mjolnir: 99 pts traits, Easily Removable (-38 pts); 61 pts
Indestructible: Feature 1 (Indestructible); 1 pts
Only the Worthy…: Feature 2 (Can only be lifted and wielded by a worthy being); 2 pts
Magic Detection: Senses 2 (Detect Magic [Mental, Ranged]); 2 pts
Life Support: Immunity 4 (Suffocation [Need to breathe], Vacuum, High Pressure); 4 pts
Hovering: Flight 1 (4 mph); 2 pts
Mjolnir Weather Control: Enhanced Environment 7 (16 Mile radius; Extra: Selective [12]); 33 pts
Hammer Time! 48 pt array; 55 pts
Tornado Burst: Burst Area Ranged Affliction 12 (Resisted and Overcome by Strength; 1st: Hindered and Impaired, 2nd: Prone and Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Alternate Resistance (Strength), Duration [Concentration], Extra Condition, Flaw: Instant Recovery; 48 pts
Lightning Blast: Ranged Electrical Damage 15 (Extra: Accurate 2, Indirect 2 [Above/From Hammer], Penetrating 12); 1 pt
Lightning Storm: Ranged Burst Area Electrical Damage 11 (Extra: Accurate 2, Area Burst [30 ft], Indirect [Above], Selective); 1 pt
Fog: Concealment 2 (Visual; Extra: Attack, Extra: Cloud Area 6 (1800-foot radius); 1 pt
Hammer Throw: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Penetrating 15); 1 pt
Hammer Strike Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages; Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Penetrating 15); 1 pt
Wind Riding: Enhanced Flight 10 (2000 mph), Movement 1 (Space Travel); 1 pt
Dimensional Movement: Movement 2 (Dimensional [Midgard/Asgard/Hell]; Extra: Portal 2); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Avengers Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Avengers Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Avengers Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +17; Hammer Strike +19, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Hammer +11 [Thrown Hammer +19, Critical 19-20]
Lightning +11 [Lightning Blast +15]
Special Attack [Lighting Storm +11, Burst Area, Tornado +12, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +16 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: His power and status sometimes make him underestimate his opponents or get him into situations that could have been avoided
Enemy: Loki, Midgard Serpent, Fenris Wolf
Identity: He has a normal identity of Donald Blake, surgeon
Relationships: Jane Foster, his father Odin, mother Frigga, The Warriors Three and Sif, sometimes Loki
Responsibility: To protect and defend Asgard and the mortal world, Midgard
Rivalry: He has a long running rivalry with Hercules

Abilities 114 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 106 + Defenses 18 = 288 / 288

Comments: The Mighty Thor, the patron deity of The JM and the entire J-Mart Franchise. The 3E Thor is not a lot different from my earlier Thunder God builds, he’s a team wrecker and total epic level hero. I have him at the top of my range (currently) for my main setting and I think it’s fitting. Thor is consistently portrayed as the “most powerful being on Earth” in most of the Marvel continuities. He’s been even more powerful since he came back and stopped holding back himself, or so he told Tony Stark when he laid the smack down on him shortly after his return.

In the Thorpacoverse, he’s still focusing on finding all the Asgardians who were transformed into human form during the Ragnarok breaking event. He has established New Asgard in Missouri (I’ll be damned if I let Oklahoma have it like they did in main continuity!), not too far from Central City. However, he is still involved in big events from time to time and as Donald Blake, he is working as a surgeon for a traveling medical team, allowing him to search the Asgardians as well as provide aid to the humans he has sworn to protect. And as stated in the Superman build, he and the other big name heroes are part-time members of both The Avengers and the Justice League.

Clean Up 11/18/10: Thor gets to be the first J-Mart 3E build to get a full review. Far more solid build now, cleaning up his Mjolnir array, getting rid of a few exta Advantages and so on.

Clean Up 4/20/11: One more review for Thor, taking him to PL15 and adding a few more tweaks.

Clean 7/26/11: Minor tweaks to Thor, just shifting some damage to attack and a few little updates.

Clean Up 3/6/12: Lots of updates to Thor during this thread remodel. Took him down a PL14 and changed his powers quite a bit.

Clean Up 5/17/12: And the yo-yo continues (for the last time).

Clean Up 8/2/12: More yo-yo...this time Thor goes to PL16 on offense and 14-ish on defense.
Since I am all re-motivated again, I started going through builds again and cleaned up Thor AGAIN. I took him to PL16 on offense and down to PL14 (only Parry) on defense to reflect his awesomeness as THE Patron Deity of J-Mart and the fact that he gets beat down a LOT. I may even reduce him to PL13 on defense. The Marvel writers hate him, I think. He always gets punked these days.
Shop J-Mart!

Hellstormer1
Collaborator
Collaborator

Re: J-Mart: Xombi, Roy Mustang, Static, Rocket, Riza Hawkeye

Post by Hellstormer1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:08 am

8D

Awesome Thor!!!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #206

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:LADIES' NIGHT kicks back up with a new item for our JSA line!

Cersei Lannister: You should have taken the realm for yourself. Jaime told me about the day King's Landing fell. He was sitting on the Iron Throne and you made him give it up. All you needed to do was climb those steps yourself. Such a sad mistake.
Eddard Stark: I've made many mistakes in my life, but that wasn't one of them.
Cersei Lannister: Oh but it was. When you play the game of thrones you win, or you die. There is no middle ground.

CERSEI LANNISTER-BARATHEON
PL: 4 (63 pts) - OPL: 4 ; DPL: 4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 0, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 1, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Deception 8 (+10/+12) [Attractive, Fascinate], Expertise [Current Event] 5 (+8), Expertise [King’s Landing] 11 (+14), Expertise [Nobility] 8 (+11), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 5 (+7), Investigation 6 (+9) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception (+3), Persuasion 3 (+5/+7) [Attractive, Connected]

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (6) (Status – Queen Regent of Westeros, House of Lannister/Lannister Resources), Connected, Contacts, Fascinate (1) (Deception), Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +1 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 [DC12] Parry +2 [DC12]
Toughness +0, Fortitude +2, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Bitch: She can hide it sometimes, but most of the time she comes off as bitter and spiteful
Enemy: The Starks
Fame: As Queen Regent and daughter of Tywin Lannister, she is well-known throughout the Seven Kingdoms
Motivation: Power
Relationships: She has been in love with and sleeping with her twin brother Jaime for years. She also loves her children, especially her daughter, Myrcella
Responsibility: To the Lannister name and legacy, to her children and the crown
Rivalry: She blames her brother Tyrion for her mother's death and for arranging her daughter to marry in another kingdom and she is wants to hurt him
Secret: Her relationship with Jaime and her children's true heritage

Abilities 18 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 0 + Defenses 8 = 63 / 63

Comments: The best bitch character on TV right now IMHO, Cersei Lannister, played by the wonderful Lena Heady, who also played a nicer medieval bitch in 300 as Leonidas’ wife Gorgo. And she played Sara Conner on the Terminator TV series, and she was kind of a bitch, too. Huh. The poor woman might be getting typecast…

Anyway, Cersei is an unlikable but great character in the series. She was in a marriage of convenience with King Robert but sleeping with her brother Jaime all the time. She immediately lets you know that she sees herself as better than everyone and is obviously running things behind the scenes. Once Robert passes, it becomes even more apparent as she sees to it that Joffrey ascends to the throne despite the rumors (and actual truth) about his parentage.

Now that her son Joffrey is on the Throne, she has been doing her best to keep him looking good, but Joffrey’s impulsiveness and vicious streak keep undoing her, and Tyrion’s, attempts at damage control. She still as her finger on the pulse of things, even advising Tyrion of things he doesn’t know and has many under the table deals going on to cement her, and other I suppose, Joffrey’s power. And man, does she have an axe to grind with her little brother. She blames Tyrion for her mother’s death and once Tyrion arranges for her daughter to be wed to another high family in Dore, she REALLY has it in for him as she doesn’t want her daughter to be used like she was in being forced to marry Robert. And she doesn’t want her daughter to leave, even though Tyrion knew she would be safer out of King’s Landing as the War of the Five Kings comes closer to their doorstep, as she truly loves her. Showed she truly does have a hear underneath all that bitchiness and treachery.
Almost done replacing PC builds. I am still working through the last couple of episodes of Game of Thrones so keep feeling the need to work on builds from it.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #177

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:A J-Mart Favorite item in our Game of Throne Line hits the shelves.

I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act. - Jaime Lannister

JAIME LANNISTER
PL: 8 (90 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+4), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Swords] 2 (+10), Deception 6 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Military] 7 (+8), Expertise [Nobility] 3 (+4), Insight 5 (+7) [Assessment], Intimidation 2 (+3), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1/+3) [Attractive], Stealth 2 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Assessment, Attractive (1), Benefit (3) (Status – Kingsguard, House of Lannister), Defensive Attack, Equipment (2), Improved Critical (1), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Precise Attack (1), Takedown (1), Weapon Bind

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Chain Mail: Protection 3; 3ep
Longsword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20; Medium; 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2]
Swords +10 [Longsword +5, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Being raised in privilege and most likely being the best swordsman in Westeros has made him quite arrogant
Enemy: The Starks
Relationships: He has had a long running incestuous relationship with his twin sister Cersei. He also does seem to actually care (at least a little bit) for his brother Tyrion and his father, Tywin, although their relationship is strained

Abilities 44 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 0 + Defenses 13 = 90 / 90

Comments: As much of a prick as he is, I like Jaime Lannister. Despite his arrogance, he seems to be at odds with his role in House Lannister and above all, he seems to be the most out of place outside of battle besides King Robert. And of course, knowing the love of your life is your sister and keeping that a secret for years has to weigh on you.

Jaime as a build is all about swordplay. He doesn’t give a crap about the politics of King’s Landing, he just wants to do his duty until he has a chance to lock blades with someone. And chances are, he’s going to win since he claims to be one of the top 3 swordsmen in the Seven Kingdoms and actually looks happy when he and Ned get into it and Ned seems to be able to match him, implying that Ned is one of the other 2.
Cersei's twin brother, Jaime. Oh, what a tangled web they have woven...
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #60, #60A

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:We've got this item for our Game of Thrones Line, as much as it sickens me...

Joffrey Baratheon: I'll tell you what. I'm going to give you a present. After I raise my armies, and kill your traitor brother, I'll give you his head as well.
Sansa Stark: Or maybe he'll give me yours.

JOFFREY BARATHEON
PL: 3 (28 pts) - OPL: 3 ; DPL: 3

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 0, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+2), Deception (-2), Expertise [Nobility] 2 (+2), Intimidation 6 (+4), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+1), Vehicles 2 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (6) (Status, Resources – King of Westeros), Equipment (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +2 [Unarmed +0; Sword +3]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +0, Fortitude +2, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: He is extremely arrogant and self-assured
Daddy Issues: Inferences about his parentage will send him into a frenzy
Enemy: The Starks and everyone else who wants his throne
Fame: Being the King of Westeros, he is well-known throughout the Seven Kingdoms
Inexperienced: Being very young and new to ruling, he makes some bad decisions
Motivation: He wants to be known as a powerful, conqueror king
Pain In The Ass: He can be totally insufferable at times and is not popular with subjects, his fiancee, or his inner circle
Responsibility: To rule the Seven Kingdoms from the Iron Throne
Temper: He is a quick, vicious temper which can cause him to make very rash and violent decisions

Abilities 4 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 0 + Defenses 11 = 28 / 28

Comments: Joffrey is a character that cannot die soon enough for my taste. I don’t even like to hate him, I just HATE him. Joffrey is the “son” of Robert and Cersei (actually, he’s the son of Jaime and Cersei) and he is an obnoxious, spoiled, vindictive, cruel and foolhardy child of a king and it is only through his mother’s, grandfather’s and uncle’s work that he has held onto the throne as long as he has.

He is utterly unsympathetic and a hateful thing and I made this build just so I can kill him repeatedly as that is what he deserves. I have heard that the kid that plays him is so totally opposite that character that people are amazed when he goes into Joffrey mode. He even plans to go to college instead of continuing his acting career when his role is done, which is amazing because he probably will never be as hot of a commodity as he is right now.
God, I hate Joffrey...
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #279

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:We've got another GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL getting stocked on Aisle 2.

Not since Chuck Norris has there ever been a beard that bad ass.

THE HULK (CURRENT)
PL: 15 (220 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16 [20], STAMINA 15 [17], AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+21/+25), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Tactics] 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 11 (+14/+16) [Startle], Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 7 (+7), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fearless, Improved Grab, Interpose, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown (1), Ultimate Effort (2) (Ultimate Strength Check, Ultimate Toughness)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (HEALING FACTOR): Diehard, Great Endurance

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES (RAGE): Extraordinary Effort, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed)

POWERS:
Hulk Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass; Extra: Permanent, Innate); 9 pts
Healing Factor: Immunity 14 (Aging, Disease, Poisons [Limited], Need to Sleep, Thirst, Pressure, Heat, Cold, Suffocation 2, Radiation Effects), Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Regeneration 5 (1/every other round, Extra: Persistent); 26 pts
HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS!: Enhanced Strength 7 (400,000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Feature 1 (In any contest or comparison of Strength, you win against anyone else with the same Strength rank, rather than tie); 8 pts
Hulk Hide: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 8 (Flaw: Limited [Ballistics/Bludgeoning only]); 10 pts
Fractured Mind: Immunity 10 (Mental Effects, Flaw: Limited [Half effect]); 5 pts
Incredible Leg Strength: Leaping 15 (30 miles), Speed 4 (32 mph); 19 pts
Incredible Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Counters Concealment]; Direction Sense, Distance Sense [Limited to location of origin]; 3 pts
Finger Flick: Subtle 1 on Strength Damage; 1 pt
Makeshift Handholds: Movement 1 (Wall-crawling, Flaw: Limited to surfaces with material Toughness less than Strength modifier); 1 pt
Super Strength Stunts: Alternate Effect Array of Strength Damage; 4 pts
Groundstrike: Line Area Force Damage 13 (Extras: Line Area 2 [60 ft], Flaws: Distracting, Limited [Hulk must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Shockwave: Burst Area Affliction 13 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Limited [Hulk must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Sonic Slam: Cone Area Affliction 13 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Area Cone [60 ft cone], Extra Condition, Flaw: Distracting, Limited to two degrees); 1 pt
Thunderclap: Burst Area Affliction 13 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Stunned, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius],Extra Condition, Flaw: Distracting, Limited to two degrees); 1 pt

Hulking Out: Enhanced Strength 4 (3,200,000 Tons), Enhanced Stamina 2, Immunity 2 (Critical Hits), Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Enhanced Alternate Effect of Strength Array 2; (Flaw: Uncontrolled); 9 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +16; Raging Unarmed +20, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +0
Throwing +7
Special Attacks [Sonic Slam Affliction +13/+15, Cone Area; Groundstrike +13/+15, Line Area; Shockwave Affliction +13/+15, Burst Area; Thunderclap +13/+15, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +17 (+19 when Raging, +8 Impervious, Ultimate Check), Fortitude +15 (+19 when Raging), Will +11 (Ultimate Check)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Thunderbolt Ross, The Abomination, The Leader and others
Prejudice: When calm or if he has his gamma energy drained, he reverts to his Bruce Banner form (see Banner build)
Relationships: His loves, Betty Ross, the late Caiera and Jarella, his sons Skaar and Hiro-Kala, his cousin Jennifer Walters (She-Hulk), the Warbound
Temper: He can get a WEE bit angry at times, causing him to do the wrong thing sometimes but never to intentionally hurt innocents

Abilities 76 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 87 + Defenses 19 = 220 / 220

Comments: This is the Hulk as he was recently when the Hulk series rebooted where he and Banner have split. This grants him greater strength in his calm state, much like his Green Scar persona, but overall, he doesn’t seem to be any more effective than the Savage Hulk right now, so he stays at PL15, unlike my PC version of him (which I need to fix) that is at PL16.
Update to my take on the recent Hulk. Fear the f'n beard. 8)
Shop J-Mart!