J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Deadshot, Darkseid, Universal Church of Truth

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Boy have you been working out ! Nice list of characters Thorp.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #392

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:33 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Another GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL IMPORT hits the Aisle 1 shelves!

There are worse things than dying, friend. With this little ring I can take you apart molecule by molecule and then put you back together again. And maybe I put you back together right and maybe I don't. But you'll be alive and conscious for every second of it. - Hal Jordan

GREEN LANTERN (HAL JORDAN)
PL: 14 (244 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+4/+8), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+9), Deception 5 (+9), Expertise [Green Lantern Lore] 4 (+5), Expertise [Law Enforcement] 6 (+7), Expertise [Military] 6 (+7), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 3 (+7), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 7 (+10), Stealth 3 (+5), Vehicles 11 (+14)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2), Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Improved Initiative (1), Luck (Heroic Feat) (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will Check)

POWERS:
Dogfighter: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Limited [only when flying]), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Limited [only when flying]), Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 4, Flaw: Limited [only when flying]), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Defense, Flaw: Limited [only when flying]); 4 pts
Green Lantern Power Ring: 142 pts traits, Removable (-28 pts); 114 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Central Power Battery); 1 pt
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Write, All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Flaw: Limited to Senses); 6 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3); 36 pts
Force Field: Protection 9 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support, Flaw: Sustained); 33 pts
Force Manipulation: 37 pt dynamic array; 53 pts
Force Blast: Force Ranged Damage 18 (Extra: Dynamic); 37 pts
Force Constructs: Create 18 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 12 (Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Shapeable Force Blast: Ranged Shapeable Area Damage 9 (Extra: Area Shapeable 2 [60 ft], Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
b]Force Weapons:[/b] Strength-based Damage 5, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Power Attack), (Extra: Accurate 2, Dynamic, Reach [5 ft], Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing]); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Anywhere, Radio, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Immunity 10 (Life Support, Extra: Dynamic, Area Burst [30 ft radius], Ranged, Flaw: Affects others only); 2 pts
Force Minions: Summon 5 (75 pt minions; Extra: Dynamic, Multiple Minions 2 [4 minions], Variable Type 2 [Broad, Hard Light Constructs]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +5
Force Weapons +9 [Force Weapons +7, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +10 [Force Blast +18; Force Lifting +18; Force Constructs +18]
Special Attack [Ranged Shapeable Force +9, Shapeable Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+12 with Flying) [DC20/22] Parry +10 (+12 when Flying) [DC20/22]
Toughness +5 (+14 with Force Field, +7 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +18

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Sinestro Corps, Hector Hammond, Black Hand, Evil Star
Guilt: Hal feels responsible for the terrible acts of Parallax while the fear entity controlled him
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low
Relationships: Carol Ferris, Green Arrow (Oliver Queen), Flash (Barry Allen)
Reputation: Hal Jordan is a maverick in nearly all aspects of his life and known for having issues with authority
Responsibility: To protect his space sector as the Green Lantern of Sector 2814
Rivalry: Nova Prime (Richard Rider), Sinestro
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 48 + Skills 35 (70 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 118 + Defenses 34 = 244 / 244

Comments: Hal Jordan, one of the Green Lanterns of Sector 2814. The Guardians originally only sanctioned on per sector, then allotted two a few years back. However, due to the events of Blackest Night and the revelation that life indeed started on Earth, and the amount of superhuman and intergalactic disturbances on Earth over the past 7-10 years, the Guardians have made an exception and allotted 5 for Section 2814. The recently resurrected Abin Sur, Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart and Kyle Rayner all share responsibility for the sector and all also rotate as the Green Lantern representative on the Justice League.

Jordan is seen by many as the greatest Green Lantern of all, but he personally believes that spot belongs to his predecessor, Abin Sur. Sinestro, of course, believes that spot belongs to him and continually tries to prove that by proving his superiority to Jordan and the rest of the Corps by being their biggest nemesis along with his Sinestro Corps. Still, despite their differences, Jordan and Sinestro have a grudging respect for each other and have worked together when circumstances dictate. But it usually takes a truly universal threat for that happen.

Hal is close to Green Arrow, Oliver Queen, and they adventure together quite often still. He has a long running on again off again relationship with Carol Ferris, who is the leader of the Star Sapphire Corps. Right now, they are “off” but that can always change in a hearbeat. While he and Batman have a great respect, they are often at odds as Hal’s reckless style clashes with Bruce’s calculating personality.

Clean Up 4/17/12: Did a little work on Hal. Since I really think he deserves Favored Environment, it allowed me to pump up his power for the sake of accuracy since he will be flying a lot which will give him +2 to hit so he'll really be a PL14 on offense a lot of the time.

Clean Up 2/21/13: A few tweaks to Hal as I look at all my Corps.

As I was looking at my Cosmic Thorpacoverse stuff, I was drawn back into looking at my Lantern Corps so I am doing a full scale review of them in addition to starting to work on some new ones. I'm working on "standard" builds of all the Corps along with Mass Combat charts for them, the new White Lantern Kyle Rayner, some Red Lanterns, and Black Lantern Black Hand, who I cannot believe I never got around to. I might even take a crack at those a-holes, The Guardians of the Universe, since the DC Universe book continues to not show up... :wink:

Pretty minor tweaks to Hal, here, and most of the others will be the same. Eld pointed out some point cost inaccuracies on these, and on my PC GL builds at my other thread, so I'm trying to get them right.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: Deadshot, Darkseid, Universal Church of Truth

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:36 pm

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Boy have you been working out ! Nice list of characters Thorp.

Thanks, JD. I just signed my kid up for baseball and it hit me that spring is just around the corner. Which means I will be *shudder* outside *double shudder* a lot pretty soon, so I figure these new 2-3 weeks will be my last big chunk of free time before activities heat up again. 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Re: 805

Postby Woodclaw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:05 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:Rivalry: Thanos, Annihilus, Ming the Merciless.

I can totally see this being a major problem :p
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:57 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:
kenmadragon wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:Some minor tweaks to Uxas for my setting. I'm not quite sure I have him where I want him, but I think he's ready for testing. He's one of the first item in a big Cosmic Thorpacoverse run that I'm working on, interspersed with some more street level stuff. I'm apparently going to extremes...

Is it... is it really happening? A Thorpacaverse game? *Squee!* I've been pushing for it, and it looks like my pestering has finally paid off! Better ready myself for character creation!

I'm working on it, don't start buying points just yet. :wink:

This I would be excited for. :D

Separately, I had this interesting idea (totally taken from Spirit of the Century) that could be applied to the J-Mart Thorp setting.... (also I'd steal elements from this for this PC concept I have)

Shadow Century Babies (Non-Canon unless Thorp likes this)

For all the power and promise afforded to those born at the stroke of midnight on January 1st, 1900, the phenomenon of the Century Baby does not happen in a vacuum - it is linked to another secret far darker and less known.

On December 31st, 1899... all babies born there are... different. Special, you can tell, like the Century Babies... but different. Shadow Century Babies perhaps, are stained by having appeared not at the beginning of the new century, but at the death rattle of the old hundred year period.

But they have a purpose in the systems of existence, even as they serve as dark reflections of the Century Babies. Those of the Shadow Century are similarly long-lived, possessing super-human powers each in their way the opposite of their 'pure' twin (based on what these powers represent), and goals and motivations the reverse in these ways.

Only one Shadow Century Baby is known to the public, and few recognize him for what he is. Whereas Jennifer Sparks protects, and crackles with the energy and drive of electricity: her old counterpart Edward Graves has been driven to control and crush, bearing the weight and domination of gravity. Graves has aided the Nazis in World War 2, aided various organizations and villains to the present day, playing a tangled game that barely anyone but he understands.

And just like the Century Babies, Shadow Century Babies have their offspring, long-lived and empowered as well...
Impeach the peach!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Woodclaw wrote:

THAT, my friend, is just what I am hoping for. 8)

EnigmaticOne wrote:
This I would be excited for. :D

Separately, I had this interesting idea (totally taken from Spirit of the Century) that could be applied to the J-Mart Thorp setting.... (also I'd steal elements from this for this PC concept I have)

Shadow Century Babies (Non-Canon unless Thorp likes this)

For all the power and promise afforded to those born at the stroke of midnight on January 1st, 1900, the phenomenon of the Century Baby does not happen in a vacuum - it is linked to another secret far darker and less known.

On December 31st, 1899... all babies born there are... different. Special, you can tell, like the Century Babies... but different. Shadow Century Babies perhaps, are stained by having appeared not at the beginning of the new century, but at the death rattle of the old hundred year period.

But they have a purpose in the systems of existence, even as they serve as dark reflections of the Century Babies. Those of the Shadow Century are similarly long-lived, possessing super-human powers each in their way the opposite of their 'pure' twin (based on what these powers represent), and goals and motivations the reverse in these ways.

Only one Shadow Century Baby is known to the public, and few recognize him for what he is. Whereas Jennifer Sparks protects, and crackles with the energy and drive of electricity: her old counterpart Edward Graves has been driven to control and crush, bearing the weight and domination of gravity. Graves has aided the Nazis in World War 2, aided various organizations and villains to the present day, playing a tangled game that barely anyone but he understands.

And just like the Century Babies, Shadow Century Babies have their offspring, long-lived and empowered as well...

I like that idea. I always liked the idea of the Century Babies, and having someone that is their opposite number makes sense.
Shop J-Mart!

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Woodclaw wrote:

THAT, my friend, is just what I am hoping for. 8)

Speaking of crossed settings. Since yours includes elements from both the DCU and Flash Gordon, I was wondering what kind of relationship there might be between the Hawkmen of Mongo and the Thanagarians. Everything given and considered there's more than a passing similarity.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Woodclaw wrote:Speaking of crossed settings. Since yours includes elements from both the DCU and Flash Gordon, I was wondering what kind of relationship there might be between the Hawkmen of Mongo and the Thanagarians. Everything given and considered there's more than a passing similarity.

I hadn't given it much thought yet, but I will have to do that. A universe is a LOT to try and put together. Glad I didn't have to do it for real. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Woodclaw wrote:Speaking of crossed settings. Since yours includes elements from both the DCU and Flash Gordon, I was wondering what kind of relationship there might be between the Hawkmen of Mongo and the Thanagarians. Everything given and considered there's more than a passing similarity.

I hadn't given it much thought yet, but I will have to do that. A universe is a LOT to try and put together. Glad I didn't have to do it for real. :wink:

Well, just so you know, you do have the ATT to call upon for aid. I am sure that many (myself included) would be willing to help ya!

also, as for ideas, seeing as our hints have been "Cosmic" and "Crossed settings", I am wondering whether various realms and dimensions will also be crossed over. For example, DC's Shadowlands where Richard Swift gets his powers is rather similar to Dormammu's Dark Dimension (seeing as they are both really dark and shadowy and have a bunch of creatures with darkness and shadow motifs) and they have the same feel as the Otherworld from The Darkness (really dark and scary with occult undertones, and questionable morality).

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Let's keep our current theme going, our TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE SPECIALS, with this new item for our Villains Line!

I am The Magus. I'm here to save you. We all are. - Magus

THE MAGUS (ADAM WARLOCK)
PL: 14 (318 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 9, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+14), Deception 8 (+15), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 8 (+16), Expertise [Magic] 8 (+16) [Ritualist], Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 10 (+18), Insight 7 (+16), Intimidation 5 (+12), Investigation 3 (+11) [Well-Informed], Perception 4 (+13), Persuasion 8 (+15), Ranged Combat [Magic] 3 (+10), Sleight of Hand (+5), Stealth (+5), Technology 3 (+11), Treatment (+8), Vehicles (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Benefit (8) (Status, Resources 8 – Leader of the Universal Church of Truth), Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Ritualist, Trance, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Cosmic Being: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Feature 1 (Temporal Inertia); 12 pts
Space Traveler: Flight 10 (2000 mph/4 mpr), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other Star Systems]); 24 pts
Cosmic Cocoons: Immortality 1 (1 month); 2 pts
Cosmic Awareness: Senses 10 (Cosmic Awareness [Mental; Extended 2], Detect [Spatial Anomalies, Mental; Extended 6, Ranged]); 10 pts
Personal Force Field: Protection 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 5 (Flaw: Sustained); 14 pts
Cosmic Mystic: 54 pt Array; 59 pts
Cosmic Blast: Ranged Multiattack Cosmic Energy Damage 18; 54 pts
Cosmic Binding: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 13 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Extra Condition); 1 pt
Mystic Illusions: Illusions 10 (Visual, Auditory, Tactile, Extra: Selective); 1 pt
Healing Spell: Healing 13 (Extra: Resurrection, Restorative); 1 pt
Mystic Shield: Protection 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 3 (Extra: Affects Others, Flaw: Sustained); 1 pt
Cosmic Burst: Burst Area Cosmic Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Selective); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +7
Magic +10 [Cosmic Binding Affliction +13; Cosmic Blast +18, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Cosmic Burst +14, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious, +16 with Mystic Shield, +8 Impervious with Mystic Shield), Fortitude +11, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Adam Warlock, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and oftentimes Thanos
Motivation: Getting all of creation to worship as God
Power Loss: He needs to be able to concentrate and gesture to cast his spells
Secret Identity: He really IS Adam Warlock, from an alternate universe where Adam went insane and got increased power from prolonged usage of the Soul Gem

Abilities 124 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 121 + Defenses 18 = 318 / 318

Build Comments: I liked The Magus as a concept, but not really in execution. I like evil versions of heroes that are more powerful and make them questions their choices. But Magus was kinda lame, especially when he had the bad 70's white dude afro going on. Check out Jab's build if you want to see the horror of that. Yikes...

However, he was a decent villain in the recent Guardians of the Galaxy, and in the Thorpacoverse, we hope to make him a good villain.

Secret Origins: Lord Chaos and Master Order decided that they needed to create a Champion of Life to oppose Thanos, the Champion of Death. To this end they had their creature, the In-Betweener, kidnap Adam Warlock and spirit him away to his realm. For centuries, Warlock was bombarded with Chaos and Order's "dark secrets." Primarily, they taught him that there is no such thing as good and evil. Rather, the true struggle is between purpose (life) and non-purpose (death). Warlock sought refuge from these "truths" in his cocoon, but they penetrated even there. Finally, Warlock gave in to these "truths," which resulted in him going insane.

Chaos and Order then sent him to Homeworld 1000 years before his time. Warlock, calling himself the Magus, emerged from the cocoon with greatly enhanced powers, purple skin, and an afro. The inhabitants of Homeworld attacked him and were quickly slaughtered. The survivors soon fell to worshiping him as the one, true god. The Magus used their advanced technology to build a fleet that forcibly spread the religion of The Universal Church of Truth throughout the galaxy.

The Story so Far: Magus ended up in conflict with Thanos and his future/past self, Adam Warlock on may occasions. He was finally defeated for good when Adam Warlock traveled his timeline back and killed himself before Chaos and Order could corrupt him. However, in order to stop a rip in space-time known as the Fault from consuming all of reality, Adam overlapped a unused future with the current reality. The future he used was the Magus future, and in doing so became the Magus again.

He has continued to grow the church fairly quietly, building up his Black Knights and Cardinals in addition to adding some more higher-powered recruits to strengthen his power base. The Matriarch and Cardinal Raker are getting antsy, though, as they feel that too many are suffering without knowing the Magus' love. So while the Church moves quietly now, they are preparing to pursue their goals in very loud fashion in the near future.

Characterization: The Magus sees himself as the Universe’s savior. He is arrogant and ruthless in his actions, but he truly feels that he is doing what is best for the universe. By having every creature worship him, he can lead them all to true truth of existence.

Friends and Foes: He has the backing of the entire Universal Church of Truth, whose followers now number in the trillions across dozens of galaxies. His greatest foe is his pre-Magus self, Adam Warlock and his frequent allies, The Guardians of the Galaxy. He also has a long running rivalry with Thanos.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:23 pm

Our TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE SPECIAL continues with this new item!

Quite glorious, indeed...

GLORIOUS GODFREY
PL: 8 (135 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2 [8]

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+6), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+7), Deception 5 (+13/+15) [Attractive, Daze, Taunt], Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 2 (+7), Expertise [Religion] 8 (+13), Insight 7 (+11), Intimidation (+8), Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion 8 (+16/+18) [Attractive, Daze, Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Ranged Combat [Guns] 3 (+7), Stealth (+3), Technology 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (1) (Status – 1st Pastor of the Universal Church of Truth), Daze (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Diehard, Equipment (2), Improved Initiative (1), Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Ranged Attack (2), Set-Up (2), Skill Mastery (1) (Persuasion), Taunt, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Persuasion Check)

POWERS:
New God Physiology: Protection 2, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 4 pts
Immortal: Immunity 2 (Aging, Terrestrial Diseases); 2 pts
God of Oration: Enhanced Charisma 6, Comprehend 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood in all languages); 18 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Blaster Pistol: Energy Ranged Damage 5; Range 125ft, Small; 10ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +4
Guns +7 [Blaster Pistol +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +6, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Ego: Godfrey has quite the ego in regards to his gloriousness
Motivation: Becoming The Magus' most favored as he was unable to do with his former god, Darkseid
Responsibility: To the Church of Universal Truth

Abilities 54 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 24 + Defenses 19 = 135 / 135

Build Comments: The Glorious one himself, Glorious Godfrey for the Thorpacoverse

He also stole some tech from DeSaad’s lab before leaving as an f-u to DeSaad for being Darkseid’s most favored, which he always felt he should have been. Modification of the tech has been one of the reasons for the Church’s recent delays in expansion. But it will be worth the wait.

Secret Origins: Glorious Godfrey was born on Apokolips and became the god of oration there. He used his abilities to preach the glory of Darkseid, but Darkseid never never appreciated him, as you would expect. Godfrey was always jealous of DeSaad, who had the favor he never would.

The Story so Far: Once he heard of the Universal Church of Truth and met The Magus, he decided to leave Apokolips to join them to preach the word of The Magus. And he’s become one The Magus’ favored, as he wanted to be with Darkseid.

Characterization: His Gloriousness is quite fond of himself but also clamors for acceptance for praise an acceptance from his peers and subordinates. But mostly from The Magus.

Friends and Foes: Darkseid is NOT happy that he left and DeSaad has never liked him.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #394, #395

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Now we have an ORANGE LIGHT SPECIAL IMPORT for Aisle 1!

MINE.

ORANGE LANTERN (LARFLEEZE)

PL: 14 (427 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+11), Deception 8 (+7), Insight (+2), Intimidation 11 (+10), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 8 (+11), Sleight of Hand 10 (+13), Stealth 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Improved Disarm, Tracking

POWERS:
Larfleeze Physiology: Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poisons), Senses 3 (Scent [Extended, Acute); 6 pts
Orange Lantern Power Ring: 130 pts traits, Removable (-26 pts); 104 pts
Attention Orange Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Orange Lantern Corps); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Orange Power Battery); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Write, All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Flaw: Limited to Senses); 6 pts
Orange Lantern’s Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3); 36 pts
Force Field: Protection 8 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 7 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 32 pts
Force Manipulation: 35 pt array; 43 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Damage 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Force Constructs: Create 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 11 (Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Orange Consumption: Nullify 17 (Green, Red and Yellow Power Ring Effects, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Orange Lantern Power Battery: 261 pts traits, Removable (-52 pts); 209 pts
They are all MINE: Summon 13 (128 195 pt. Minions, Extra: Active, Horde, Multiple Minions 7 [128 minions], Variable Type 2 [Broad, Orange Lantern Corps Avatars of victims])
Orange Ring Recharge: Feature 1 (Recharges Orange Power Rings); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +11 [Force Blast +17; Force Lifting +17; Force Constructs +17]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +8 (+16 with Force Field, +7 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +17

COMPLICATIONS:
ADD: Larfleeze's desires are so powerful and varied that he is often distracted by something new he wants to acquire
Enemy: Anyone who wants any of his stuff, but he feels that the Guardians of the Universe have betrayed him so he doesn't like them. Doesn't mean he doesn't want their stuff, though…
Greed: Duh…he wants it ALL
Outcast: Larfleeze’s manner and appearance are alien and his time in seclusion has made him difficult to relate to
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low
Weakness: The Orange Lantern power ring depends on the willpower of the wearer and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 48 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 319 + Defenses 28 = 427 / 427

Comments: And we have a record. Of all people, freakin’ Larfleeze is the highest point character I have built in 3E (for now, Galactus is coming...). Outside of Galactus and Gog in 2E, he’s the highest point character I have EVER built. Granted, that is more a testament to the ridiculous cost of Summon, but at a whopping 466 points (unless I did the math wrong, someone check me) he’s no doubt the most dangerous single Lantern in the universe. However, he is also a greedy goofball, so he can be beaten pretty easily if you know what you’re doing. Mainly if you can distract him or get his Lantern away, he can be taken down. But since he pretty much controls the entire Orange Light of Avarice, you have to hit him hard to do it. The best bet is to distract him with something else he wants and strike a bargain so he leaves you alone.

In my setting he is pretty much himself, searching the universe for stuff to acquire and wreaking all kinds of havoc along the way that the GL Corps and other cosmic heroes have to clean up. I can really see him and Nova going at it because I know he would want a Xandarian Worldmind of his own. :twisted:

Clean Up 2/24/13: Moved Larfleeze up to PL14 and made some minor tweaks to his build.

Here are his Orange Lantern Minions:

This power is mine, this is my light.
Be it in bright of day or black of night.
I lay claim to all that falls within my sight, to take what I want, THAT IS MY RIGHT!

ORANGE LANTERN CORPS

PL: 11 (195 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA -5, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+6), Deception (-2), Intimidation (-2), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Improved Disarm

POWERS:
Orange Lantern Avatar: Protection 12, Immunity 75 (Fortitude Effects, Will Effects, Green, Red and Yellow Power Ring Effects); 87 pts
Victim of Greed: 30 pts in racial traits, Skills and Advantages; 30 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand All Languages); 4 pts
Link to Larfleeze: Senses 1 (Communication Link [Mental, Larfleeze]); 1 pt
Ring Flight: Flight 13 (16,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3); 34 pts
Orange Hunger: Nullify 12 (Green, Red, Yellow Power Ring Effects); 14 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +6; Power Ring Nullify +14]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +12, Fortitude --, Will --

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To serve Larfleeze and the Orange Light of Avarice
Vulnerable: Since avarice cannot consume hope or cannot affect true love, Orange Lanterns are vulnerable against Blue and Star Sapphire Power effects

Abilities 18 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 170 + Defenses 6 = 195 / 195

Comments: Larfleeze's minions. And here's some mass combat stats:

ORANGE LANTERN CORPS MASS COMBAT:

BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 19, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 18, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 17, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 11, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 16, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 10, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 9, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 8, DAMAGE 8, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 6, DAMAGE 6, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 11, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE 8

As I stated earlier, I'm going through my Lantern-verse stuff while I am on a Cosmic Thorpacoverse run. I updated Larfleeze to PL14, and I toughened his minions up a bit to be in line with the "standard" Lantern builds I will be posting in the near future.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:28 pm

Our TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE SPECIAL continues with this item that's hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

He really reminds me of someone, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

GRAYVEN
PL: 13 (210 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 6 (+21), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception (+5), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 2 (+5), Expertise [Tactics] 4 (+7), Insight (+3), Intimidation 8 (+13/+14), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+5), Ranged Combat [Omega Effect] 3 (+10), Stealth (+1/-1), Technology 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (5)

POWERS:
Grayven Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
New God Physiology: Protection 3, Impervious 5, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 15 pts
Immortal: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support); 11 pts
The Omega Effect Lite: 39 pt Array; 41 pts
Destruction Effect: Ranged Damage 16 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Extended Range [50/100/250], Homing 4, Reversible, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 39 pts
Pain Effect: Ranged Affliction 16 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Concentration, Extended Range 2 [50/100/250], Homing 4, Reversible, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]. Limited to two degrees); 1 pt
Transformation Effect: Ranged Transform 7 (Anything into Anything else, Extra: Reversible, Homing 2); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +7
Omega Effect Lite +10 [Omega Effect Lite +16; Omega Effect Lite Pain Affliction +16]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +16 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Kyle Rayner
Motivation: Power and eventually taking over his father's throne as Lord of Apokolips
Vulnerable: All of the New Gods are vulnerable to Radion

Abilities 92 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 72 + Defenses 21 = 210 / 210

Build Comments: Grayven is one of Darkseid’s illegitimate children who inherited a lot of his father’s abilities, including his Omega Effect, albeit to a lesser degree. He rumbled with Kyle Rayner a lot in the 90’s, then pretty much disappeared until the Death of the New Gods arch, when he popped up again, only get killed.

I kind like him as Darkseid Lite, so I am using in my setting as a convert to the Universal Truth for a little more muscle for The Magus.

Secret Origins: Grayven is the third son of Darkseid, born of an unknown mother, younger brother to Kalibak and Orion.

The Story so Far: Grayven leads a campaign of destruction against the cosmos, destroying planets to prove his power and gain the attention of his father, Darkseid. He leads a campaign against the Nova Corps, a galactic police force, killing many of their number. His campaign comes to an end on the planet Rann. He desires a zeta beam device, a product of Rannian science that provides instantaneous transportation on a grand scale. He intends to zeta beam his forces onto Apokolips, announce his presence to his father, and conquer the planet.

While the several Nova Corpsmen engaged Gravyen's army, Nova Richard Rider and Green Lantern Kyle Rayner face off against the man himself. Despite the rivalry between the two Corps and Corpsmen, Richard and Kyle work as a team and Kyle tricks Grayven into a Zeta Beam device, where he is teleported off Rann. Lacking their leader, Grayven's forces retreated. Unknown to Rider, Rayner had inadvertently teleported Grayven deep within Earth's core. He eventually digs himself out, and seeks Rayner in New York City, who is seemingly able to overpower Grayven. Fearing defeat at the Green Lantern's hands, Grayven used an experimental teleporter, freeing himself, and in the process, sending Rayner into the 30th century.

Rayner was able to return to the present with the assistance of the Legion of Super-Heroes and the two have squared off several times since. Nova and Grayven have engaged in battle several times as well. Grayven’s last defeat against Nova came with the assistance of Squirrel Girl, which sent Grayven into a mental tailspin. At his lowest ebbe and considering suicide, he was found by Cardinal Raker and inducted into the Universal Church of Truth where he has risen to a position among The Magus’ most favored, and powered followers.

Characterization: Grayven is his father’s son. Arrogant, powerful and bent on conquering the cosmos.

Friends and Foes: He has a great hatred of Kyle Rayner and The Lantern Corps in general. He has an nearly equal hatred for Orion, who he sees as his rival for his father’s approval and Richard Rider, who has bested him in battle several times.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Our last item in our TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE SPECIAL hits the Aisle 1 shelves!

I'm hot blooded, check me and see...

BRIMSTONE
PL: 13 (202 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA --, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT --, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE --

SKILLS: Athletics (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+9), Insight (+2), Intimidation (-5/-11), Perception (+2), Ranged Combat [Blast] 9 (+9), Stealth (-12)

ADVANTAGES:
NONE

POWERS:
Giant Robot: Growth 12 (+12 Str, +12 Pro, -6 Dodge/Parry, -12 Stealth, +6 Intimidation, Speed +1, +12 Mass; Extra: Innate); 25 pts
Robot Physiology: Immunity 31 (Fortitude Effects, Aging), Protection 6, Impervious 9; 55 pts
Plasma Aura: Environment 1 (30 ft radius; Extreme Heat 2, Extra: Continuous, Permanent); 5 pts
Plasma Core: Immunity 20 (Fire/Heat Effects, Radiation Effects), Damage 10 (Extra: Reaction, Flaw: Limited only when opponent attempts to reach core); 50 pts
Plasma Control: 52 pt Array; 54 pts
Plasma Beam: Line Area Damage 13 (Extra: Area Line 3 [120 ft]); 52 pts
Plasma Cone: Cone Area Damage 13 (Extra: Area Cone 3 [250 ft]); 1 pt
Plasma Blast: Ranged Damage 17; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +15]
Ranged Attack +0
Blast +9 [Plasma Blast +17]
Special Attack [Plasma Beam +13, Area Line; Plasma Burst +13, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 [DC12] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +18 (+9 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will --

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To Darkseid (or whoever is controlling it)
Weakness: It can be incapacitated immediately if the techno seed at its core is destroyed or the reaction that triggers his power is disrupted

Abilities -8 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 0 + Powers 189 + Defenses 15 = 202 / 202

Build Comments: The original Brimstone had a short run against Firestorm and the JLA years back but then he faded away. He was a DeSaad creation that was unleashed on the world and Brimstone saw himself as an angel of destruction for Darkseid. Then they decided to tweak him a bit and use him in the first episode of Justice League Unlimited as a creation of the fictional country of Chong Mai where he took on Captain Atom, Supergirl, Green Lantern and Green Arrow, who saved the day by blasting a carbon rod into his core to disrupt his fusion reactor. It’s one of my favorite episodes of JLU so that's the version I'm using here.

Since I liked him and I was thinking the The Church of Universal Truth could use more muscle as they work their way across the galaxy, I am giving several of them to The Magus. Glorious Godfrey stole the tech from DeSaad as a last f-u to his rival before he left for Sacrosanct and his new lord. So The Church was able to produce several of them to be their heavy artillery when world’s need to be purified.

Secret Origins: Brimstone is initially created by DeSaad for Darkseid as a part of his plot to turn the population of Earth against their superheroes. He does this by implanting a nuclear reactor with a "techno-seed" which modifies it to create the several story tall Brimstone.

The Story so Far: In it’s first encounter with The Justice League, it is speculated by the heroes that that it is composed of superheated plasma. Its initial rampage is ended by the Green Arrow when shot a carbon rod into his “heart” to disrupt his fusion reactor.

Brimstone sat dormant for years, considered a failed experiment. But when Glorious Godfrey decided to leave Apokolips to join the Church of Universal Truth, he stole DeSaad’s technical plans for creating Brimstone, which has allowed The Magus to create several of them in preparation for resistance to The Church’s expansion across the galaxy.

Characterization: The Brimstones are mindless engines of destruction.

Friends and Foes: They are programmed to do the bidding of their master, which is currently The Magus.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #397

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:A TEAM WRECKER SPECIAL IMPORT hits the Aisle 2 shelves.

No living Thing dares ignore my Call. For I am that which has always been, since this Universe was birthed from the Ashes of the Last. I am the Hunger that dooms Worlds. I am he who is beyond such frail Concepts as good and evil. I am Galactus. - Galactus

GALACTUS
PL: 20 (751 pts) - OPL: 20 ; DPL: 20

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 23, STAMINA 20, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 15, AWARENESS 15, PRESENCE 15

SKILLS: Athletics (+23), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+15), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 15 (+30), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 10 (+25), Insight 8 (+23), Intimidation 5 (+20/+28), Investigation 2 (+17) [Well-Informed], Perception (+15), Persuasion (+15), Ranged Combat [Cosmic Energy Control] 10 (+12), Stealth (+0/-16), Technology 15 (+30) [Inventor], Vehicles 9 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (23), Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Inventor, Sidekick (66) (330 pt Herald), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Comprehendable Cosmic Entity Size: Growth 16 (+16 Str, +16 Sta, -8 Dodge/Parry, -16 Stealth, +8 Intimidation, Speed +2, +16 Mass, Extra: Innate, Permanent), Extra: Reach 4 (20 ft; to Unarmed Damage); 37 pts
Immortality: Immunity 13 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds, Extra: Persistent); 19 pts
Cosmic Awareness: Comprehend Languages 4 (Speak, Understand, Read, Write All languages), Senses 4 (Cosmic Awareness [Mental, Extended 4]); 13 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 15 (Extra: Effortless), Communication 5 (Anywhere, Mental), Immunity 10 (Mental Effects, Flaw: Limited [Half effect]); 70 pts
Cosmic Flight: Flight 15 (64,000), Movement 3 (Space Travel 3); 36 pts
Galactus Armor: 11 pts traits, Removable (-2 pts); 9 pts
Body Armor: Impervious 5; 10 pts
Cosmic Energy Regulation: Feature 1 (Maintains Comprehendible form); 1 pt

Force Fields: Enhanced Dodge 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 6, (Flaw: Sustained), Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 10 (Flaw: Sustained); 42 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: 100 pt array; 104 pts
Cosmic Wave: Cone Area Damage 20 (Extra: Area Cone 3 [250 ft], Selective); 100 pts
Cosmic Burst: Burst Area Damage 20 (Extra: Area Burst 3 [120 ft], Selective); 1 pt
Cosmic Blast: Ranged Damage 28 (Extra: Extended Range 16 [1600 miles/3200 miles/6000 miles], Split); 1 pt

Power Cosmic: 140 pt array, 141 pts
Behold, the Power Cosmic!: Variable 20 (100 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move Action], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 140 pts
Power Cosmic Bestowal: Variable 20 (100 pts traits, Extra: Affects Others Only, Ranged, Flaw: Slow); 1 pt [/1]

EQUIPMENT:
[i](115ep)

Vehicle: (111ep)
Size – Awesome, Toughness – 20, Features (Communications, Computer, Defense System, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Living Space, Power System, Security System 3; Powers: Flight 20, Movement 3 [Space Travel 3], Senses 39 (Detect Energy 20 [Ranged, Extended 18], Detect Spheres Capable Of Supporting Life [Ranged, Extended 19]); 111ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +23]
Ranged Attack +2
Cosmic Energy Control +12 [Cosmic Energy Blast +28]
Special Attack [Cosmic Energy Burst +20, Area Burst; Cosmic Energy Wave +20, Area Cone]

DEFENSES:
Dodge 0 (+6 with Force Field) [DC10/16] Parry +2 (+8 with Force Field) [DC12/18]; Toughness +20 (+5 Impervious, +30 with Force Field, +15 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +22, Will +18

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: His near infinite power and immortality can cause him to underestimate his opponents
Plot Device: He’s Galactus. Every now and then, the constraints of the system just don’t apply to him
Weakness: Galactus requires energies obtainable only from a certain type of planet in order to sustain his life. The suitable type of planet need not to be one where life is present, but it must have the potential to support life. The longer he goes without feeding the more his strength, power, and cosmic awareness wane. His powers will decrease substantially after 1 month without feeding, and if he goes long enough without sustenance it could potentially prove fatal for him

Abilities 136 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Advantages 95 + Powers 470 + Defenses 12 = 751 / 751

Comments: Since I HAD to make a build with more points than Larfleeze, here is the Galactus of the Thorpacoverse. At PL19, he is conceivably beatable by the Justice League or Lanterns Corps, but it’s not bloody likely unless he is weak from not feeding. With +30 Toughness and a +19 Cone Area blast, it will take a massive amount of luck for him to be challenged by my at VERY best PL14 heroes. Now my upcoming PL16-ish Odin or Zeus might have a shot, or even the DCA Darkseid, but I doubt it.

Still, it's a far from perfect build and I plan on taking another run at him later on. I liked BARON'S idea of allowing him to do a lot, just not anytime he wants, so I made his Variable Power unreliable so he couldn't use it every round and if he's a in a real scrap, he can use Extra Effort to keep going. I also totally swiped IK's build of his Worldship, since it is long known that I HATE building vehicles and headquarters.

I would kind of like to see just how much damage he could do a large contingent of heroes, but I need to do some smaller tests first to make it a decent fight.

Clean Up 4/10/12: Big G gets an update.

Clean Up 2/25/13: Another update to Galactus. Can't believe I forgot flight...

Had to review my Galactus build while I was working a couple of upcoming builds. I can't believe I forgot Flight for him. There's a lot of stuff he's done that I can throw in his Variable Power but wasting it on Flight is a waste of a use of the awesomeness of the Power Cosmic.
Shop J-Mart!

Return to “Roll Call”