J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: J-Mart: MANUARY! Kite MAN, Stilt MAN, Ron Swanson

Post by Earth-Two_Kenn » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:30 pm

I have to disagree. A man using a hang glider to commit crimes doesn't seem nearly as ridiculous as spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to build a low-end power armour suit with built in stilts, and using THAT to commit crimes.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:21 pm

BlindPugh wrote:Kite Man, Stilt Man, Stan 'The Man', Manuary is the greatest month of the year! You know, the Yancy Street Gang are pretty manly guys,
That's an interesting proposition. I don't think anyone has ever built The Gang. The question is whether I just build them as a mass combat entity or individuals...

I'm on it, ya panty-waists! Like my great aunt Petunia on a sponge cake! 8)
Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:I have to disagree. A man using a hang glider to commit crimes doesn't seem nearly as ridiculous as spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to build a low-end power armour suit with built in stilts, and using THAT to commit crimes.
You might have something there. :D
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:55 am

MANuary is off to a great start so far! I'm not much of a Parks & Rec fan, but Ron is pretty entertaining on that show. There are some MANly names out here so far, and I can't think of too many prime candidates for building. I mean, you ALREADY built Casey Jones, and he's pretty impossibly-manly.

I guess there's a couple:
1) Mega MAN and the various MEN he always ends up fighting. Maybe just the famous ones :).
2) Vasquez from Aliens- she doesn't let a minor thing like being born with a vagina keep her from being the manliest character in that movie :).
3) Theodore Goddamn Roosevelt- Perhaps the only man whose awesomeness could never be properly confined to stats in our humble RPG.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:49 pm

A few more 'man's:

Million Dollar Man (or maybe one of the Million Dollar Women)
(I am) Iron Man
Powerman 5000
Johnny Cash
Man with the Golden Gun

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Spectrum wrote:A few more 'man's:

Million Dollar Man (or maybe one of the Million Dollar Women)
(I am) Iron Man
Powerman 5000
Johnny Cash
Man with the Golden Gun
Oh, don't worry, I have plenty of MAN's to finish out the month. But I think I am going to take a break from MANUARY for a little bit. Don't want to overdo the specials. I have profit margins to worry about. :wink:

It is kinda funny how many comic characters have MAN in them. I think it's SuperMAN's fault. It pretty much all started with him so he begat BatMAN, who begat StarMAN, who begat Spider-MAN, who begat Iron MAN, who begat Absorbing MAN, who begat Power MAN, who begat Wonder MAN, and on and on and on. I know that's not the correct chronological order, but you get the point.

But what the heck. Let's drop one more before I take that break!
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:41 pm

Before we take a break from MANUARY to recharge our MANLY batteries, we decided to drop one more build in this special run that has been the bane of many MEN for ages. It's also a J-Mart Favorite addition to our Villains Line!

It is not wise to insult your host, Sir Nayland. If it were not the easy way out, I would kill you now. - Fu Manchu

FU MANCHU
PL: 12 (280 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 15, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Deception 9 (+16) [Daze, Improved Trick, Skill Mastery, Taunt], Expertise [Arcana] 5 (+13), Expertise [Criminal] 7 (+15), Expertise [History] 5 (+13), Insight 8 (+15) [Assessment, Combat Clarity], Intimidation 8 (+15), Investigation 7 (+15) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+13), Persuasion 9 (+16) [Connected, Daze, Skill Mastery], Sleight of Hand (+4), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology 4 (+12) [Inventor], Treatment 5 (+13), Vehicles (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (10) (Resource, Status, Wealth – 10), Clean* (2), Close Attack (2), Combat Clarity* (1), Connected, Contacts, Daze (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Defensive Roll (4), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (20), Improved Critical (2) (Nails, Unarmed), Improved Trick*, Inspire (1), Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (3) (English, Japanese, 8 others, Base: Mandarin), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (8), Set-Up (1), Skill Mastery (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Speed of Thought*, Takedown (1), Taunt, Trance, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Immortal Villain: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds, Extra: Persistent); 4 pts
Nails: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Split); 2 pts
Hypnosis: Perception Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Cumulative, Flaw: Sense Dependent [Visual]); 30 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(100 pts)
100 pts of Equipment for HQ, Vehicles, Weapons, etc.

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +17 [Unarmed +2, Critical 19-20; Finger Nails +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +12

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC25] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +7 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: His desire to show and explain his brilliance before the completion of his plans have often been his undoing
Honor: Fu Manchu is a man of his word and once he gives it, he sticks to it
Motivation: Power
Power Loss: He must consume the Exilir Vitae once every 10 years to continue his immortality
Rivalry: Sir Dennis Nayland Smith, Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, Fa Lo Suee, Ra's Al Ghul, and other would be world conquerors

Abilities 100 + Skills 44 (88 ranks) + Advantages 75 + Powers 36 + Defenses 25 = 280 / 280

Build Comments: Even though he started out as a stereotype, you cannot deny the influence of Fu Manchu on pop culture. When you really look at it, he and Moriarty were really the original supervillains. It’s obvious that Ming the Merciless, Yellow Claw and even fairly modern creations like Kaizen Gamorra and Ra’s Al Ghul were obviously influenced by him and really, most mastermind villains with world dominating aspirations are directly linked. So he has to be a part of the Thorpacoverse.

Secret Origins: Fu Manchu is an oriental genius who is the master of modern science and the ancient mystical arts. He is the mastermind and leader of the Si-Fan cult. His main goal over the decades has been to destroy the western world. He was born in 1840. He is a scientist by nature. His quest for knowledge is insatiable. His genius drives him to discover things of a dark and unnatural nature. Nothing is out of bounds. His experiments led to things that were eventually regarded as forbidden and eventually led him to criminal activities as he also employed those of the dark arts to do his bidding. Anything he wants or needs to complete his desires cannot be denied him as he has amassed untold wealth and unlimited resources.

The Story so Far: Fu Manchu is also master of deception and disguise and used these skills in the western world and its politics which became his focus. He would plot to hypnotize politicians to perform in the service of Fu Manchu. He would kidnap noteworthy scientists to perform their experiments to help aid in his quest for knowledge. These disappearances or accidental deaths ultimately caught the attention of MI-6,a British secret service. For decades Fu Manchu and his minions would wage war against MI-6 and most notably their agent Nayland Smith. Smith along with Dr. Petrie and others were a constant thorn in the evil Fu Manchu's side. As Smith and Petrie grew old through the decades, Fu Manchu did not. The alchemical formula called Elixir Vitae was discovered by Fu Manchu decades prior and retarded his aging, so long as he continued to take it once every decade.

Fu Manchu has several children by blood and adoption. Some work for him and some fight against his evil intentions. His daughter Fah Lo Suee would help or aid Fu Manchu's enemies plot against him. They might in turn be willingly or unknowingly aiding her in her own machinations against her father.

His son Shang -Chi is a master of kung-fu and other martial arts not unlike his father. He was raised in his father’s Honan Retreat. It was upon his first mission where he was to assassinate an aged Dr. Petrie who was an evil man as told by his father, Shang-Chi met Sir Nayland Smith. Smith informed the young assassin that it was his father Fu Manchu who is the evil one and proceeded to tell him of what his father has done over the years. With that, Shang-Chi confronted his father and swore his opposition and in turn His father swore that he after today he would use all that he had that was evil against him and parted as enemies.

Characterization: Fu Manchu is a genius in every field of knowledge. He is virtually immortality is as long as he injects himself with the Elixir Vitae every ten years. He is also a master of unarmed combat and disguise and can speak most languages without accent.

Fu Manchu disdains guns or explosives, preferring to act through intermediaries. Extremely charismatic, Fu Manchu has been responsible for founding or manipulating several secret societies to serve his ends. Most notably, he is the president of the Si Fan. He has also employed other popular members of Shang-Chi's rogues' gallery, like Zaran the Weapons Master.

Friends and Foes: Fu Manchu works only to serve his own ends so he has no real partnerships, only underlings. He has fathered many children over the decades including Shang-Chi, Fah Lo Suee, Moving-Shadow, and Kwai Far. He also adopted a disfigured African child named M'Nai, who later became known as Midnight, who later became known as Midnight Sun.

His greatest rivals have been Sir Dennis Nayland Smith and Shang-Chi.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: MANUARY! Ron Swanson, Fu MANchu

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Minor building slump. I'll snap out of it soon, I'm sure.

In the meantime, I called this from day one! Right before the movie hits, just as I knew would happen.

Pete's Back

And in other news, guess what Mrs. Thorpacolypse got Big Poppa Geek for Christmas?

GAME ON!

Already booked a room I just have to use my "gift" to get my passes next Sunday. My geek levels are through the roof!
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: J-Mart: Non-build related stuff. :)

Post by kenmadragon » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:49 pm

HA! I KNEW IT! One of my friends owes me twenty bucks - he had bet they wouldn't bring Peter Parker back as Spider-Man till Fall this year!

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Post by saint_matthew » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:46 am

kenmadragon wrote:HA! I KNEW IT! One of my friends owes me twenty bucks - he had bet they wouldn't bring Peter Parker back as Spider-Man till Fall this year!
Don't get ahead of yourself, it hasn't happened yet. I'd laugh if the twist to the new series (and there is a twist) is that its still secretly Doc Ock in the drivers seat... That would be hilarious, to see months of people who hate Superior Spiderman shouting "see, I told ya he would be back", only to have it be a bait & switch, an Doc Ock to REALLY be spiderman forever.... That would be hilarious to me. :lol:
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:37 am

That's because you like to see nerds cry. :wink:

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by kenmadragon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:09 am

I don't hate Superior Spider-Man, just understand that it can't last. It's hard to think of someone other than Peter as Spidey. That and the adage that no one in comics stays dead except for Uncle Ben. We just bet on how long it would take until Spidey officially came back.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:40 pm

saint_matthew wrote:Don't get ahead of yourself, it hasn't happened yet. I'd laugh if the twist to the new series (and there is a twist) is that its still secretly Doc Ock in the drivers seat... That would be hilarious, to see months of people who hate Superior Spiderman shouting "see, I told ya he would be back", only to have it be a bait & switch, an Doc Ock to REALLY be spiderman forever.... That would be hilarious to me. :lol:
I would love it if Doc Ock stayed in the suit. Slott has been KILLING IT writing Doc's attempts to be the Superior hero and in many ways, he certainly has been. But alas, it's not profitable for Marvel and/or Fox, so we'll get Peter back, which is fine. It should be interesting to see how he deals with Otto's successes and some of the messes he's left him. 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Narsil
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Narsil » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:48 am

It'd be awesome if we wound up with a multiple Flash / Green Lantern situation where both Peter Parker and Doctor Octopus were Spider-Man simultaneously and permanently. Complete with a resurrection of Ben Reilly to add a third Spidey to the mix.
Narsil 2e
Narsil 3e

'Oil, an emergency? About time the people who run this planet of yours realize that to be dependent upon a mineral slime just doesn't make sense.'
-The Fourth Doctor, Terror of the Zygons

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #45

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:10 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Moving on from the ladies, The JM adds to it's best selling JOB SQUAD line with an item that the ladies' have a hard time resisting.

...And after that, go home and program my DVR for Dancing With the Stars. And get me bananas. LOTS of bananas. THEN kill yourself.

MANDRILL
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+10), Athletics 5 (+11), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception 7 (+7), Expertise [Criminal] 3 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 7 (+7), Perception (+1), Stealth 2 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Fast Grab, Set-Up (1)

POWERS:
Mandrill Physiology: Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Senses 3 (Low Light Vision, Scent [Acute]); 6 pts
Woman Controlling Pheromones: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extras: Sustained, Flaw: Sense Dependent [Scent], Limited to Women); 40 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +6]
Ranged Attack +5
Special Attack [Pheromones Affliction +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC20] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +7 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Monstrous Appearance: His animal appearance can be unsettling for people
Relationships: He is close with Nekra

Abilities 68 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 46 + Defenses 17 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Mandrill is a long time Marvel jobber who actually has a pretty useful power in that he constantly secretes pheromones that make women attracted to him and put them under his control, despite his gibbon-like appearance. He’s used it to bed some hotties in the Marvel U, wrong as it is, but really, considering what most of us piggish men would do with that type of ability, it’s probably pretty realistic. Don't get me wrong, I don't condone it, I'm just being real.

Anyway, outside of that, he’s got great ape strength and agility and is a decent fighter, although most decent male heroes will put him down straight away. But like in New Avengers just before SIEGE where he controlled Spider Woman and had her fight Spider Man for him, he can cause trouble if there are women heroes around.

Clean Up 1/28/14: Mandrill gets a much needed update.

Secret Origins: Jerome Beechman was the son of Frederic Beechman, a physicist at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico, and Margaret Beechman. Before conceiving his son, an explosion breached the facility's nuclear reactor, bombarding Frederic and a cleaning woman with radiation. When Jerome was born a year later, he possessed black skin (despite both of his parents being Caucasian) and tufts of body hair. Jerome was despised by his family because of his freakish appearance, and when he was ten his father drove him out into the New Mexico desert and abandoned him.

While wandering the desert, Jerome encountered Nekra Sinclair, the daughter of the cleaning woman who had been bombarded by radiation in the same accident that had affected Beecham's father. Although her parents were black, she had been born albino white and had developed vampiric features. For six years they lived by theft and scavenging until they were attacked by a lynch mob that thought they were monsters. The hatred triggered by the attack manifested Beecham's ability to control women with his pheromones, as well as Sinclair's powers, which the two used to kill some of their attackers and escape the rest.

The Story so Far: Now possessing a more monkey-like appearance, Beecham became a professional criminal and took the name Mandrill. Traveling to Africa, the two plotted to overthrow and seize control of three small nations through a cult of personality powered by the Mandrill's pheromone ability. They intended to create a society free of the values that had led them to be rejected when they were young. This effort was thwarted by Shanna the She-Devil. After their battle, Beecham and Sinclair were captured by S.H.I.E.L.D. The two escaped, kidnapping Shanna's father in the process and eventually killing him.

For their next plot, they acted as political subversives, using the Mandrill's powers to raise Black Spectre, a cult of black women committed to overthrowing America. As leader of Black Spectre, he battled the Thing and Daredevil. Alongside Nekra and Black Spectre, he attacked the Empire State Building and battled Daredevil, the Black Widow, and Shanna. Mandrill and his allies were ultimately defeated on the White House lawn by the heroes. Though Nekra was captured, Mandrill escaped the authorities.

Mandrill raised yet another army of women, Fem-Force. He also recruited the Mutant Force to aid him in his takeover of the United States and attacked an Air Force base in Colorado. This adventure was brought to an end by the Defenders. Mutant Force was captured. Mandrill led Fem-Force against the Indian Point Energy Center, where his parents were employed. He fought the Defenders again, but in the end Mandrill was defeated when he was shot by his own mother. Surviving, he escaped with the aid of some Fem-Force members.

Mandrill attempted to avenge the death of Nekra in Los Angeles, California by attacking the Grim Reaper. Mandrill was apparently slain, but he somehow survived and was later incarcerated in New York's experimental "Ant-Hill" prison, where all prisoners were reduced in size by Hank Pym's Pym particles. An escape attempt was thwarted by She-Hulk. Mandrill was incarcerated on The Raft, where he escaped to join Crossfire's mind-controlling team of villains. He was later captured by Spider-Man.

The Hood hired Mandrill as part of his criminal organization to take advantage of the split in the superhero community caused by the Superhuman Registration Act. He helped them fight the New Avengers but was defeated by Doctor Strange.

Characterization: Mandrill has become a criminal for crime’s sake. He has made no secret of his misogyny either. He has often taken sexual advantage of his slaves. He married some of his slaves, becoming illegally polygamous. It was alluded that he had made the Black Widow one of his many conquests.

Friends and Foes: He has gone up against many heroes over the years. He and Nekra are like brother and sister, and she is the one woman he treats well.
Been a little bit since I posted anything, I've been distracted by the new bane of my existence:

NETFLIX

Damn all that content. I can't be a decent dad and husband, build characters AND watch 20 hours of Parks and Recreation a week! Something had to give! But I am swearing off the 'Flix for a while to get back to my main hobby. 8)

Since it's still MANUARY, I thought I would post an update of MANdrill since he was really due. I will eventually completely redo my first 200-ish builds. I don't like them, especially now with almost 4 more years of experience with the system and all the new supplements that have come out since.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:23 pm

We've got a companion item to our recent updated build for Aisle 2!

Her real superpower is whatever is holding that piece of dress up.

NEKRA
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [9], STAMINA 2 [8], AGILITY 2 [5], DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6 [8], INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5/+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+9/+11), Deception 5 (+6), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+6), Expertise [Magic] 9 (+10), Insight (+2), Intimidation 8 (+9) [Startle], Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+1), Sleight of Hand 7 (+9), Stealth 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Close Attack (2), Diehard, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Startle

POWERS:
Rage Enhanced Abilities: Enhanced Strength 7, Enhanced Stamina 6, Enhanced Agility 3, Enhanced Fighting 2, Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance); 40 pts
Rage Enhanced Physiology: Protection 2, Impervious 4, Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Immunity 3 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Pressure); 17 pts
Necromancy: Summon Undead 1 (Extra: Controlled, Horde, Multiple Minions 6 [32 total]); 14 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+10 with Rage Enhancement) [DC18/20] Parry +8 (+10 with Rage Enhancement) [DC18/20]
Toughness +2 (+10 with Rage Enhancement, +4 Impervious with Rage Enhancement), Fortitude +4 (+10 with Rage Enhancement), Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Prejudice: As both a mutant and an albino, she has suffered many prejudices
Relationships: She and Mandrill are like brother and sister and she has had a long running, off and on relationship with Grim Reaper, Eric Williams

Abilities 36 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 71 + Defenses 11 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Nekra is an interesting villainess, I think. She’s generally been pretty effective against lower level heroes but she’s had a hard time finding a niche. I’m boi

Secret Origins: Decades ago, Gemma Sinclair was an African-American cleaning lady at Los Alamos National Laboratory. While she is pregnant, an exploding lab experiment bombards Gemma with radiation, causing her unborn child to mutate. Nekra is born an albino with vampiric features. Loathed by her parents and community, Nekra runs away into the New Mexico desert to live alone when she is fourteen years old.
She soon encounters by chance another child who has been mutated by the same explosion. Although his parents were white, he had been born dark-skinned and had developed fur and baboon-like features, for which he had named himself Mandrill. For six years they live by theft and scavenging, until they are attacked by a lynch mob that thought they were monsters. While filled with rage, Nekra discovers she is invulnerable to the mob's attacks. Slaying a few of their persecutors, the two escape and come to regard each other as if they were siblings.

The Story so Far: The two later left to Africa, as part of the Mandrill's ambitious scheme to overthrow multiple nations through Black Spectre, a cult of personality powered by the Mandrill's pheromonal control over women. This effort was thwarted by Shanna the She-Devil. The two eventually escaped, kidnapping Shanna's father in the process, and eventually killing him.

Their next plot was of similar means, whereby they used the Mandrill's powers to raise a cult of black women to overthrow America. They were eventually defeated on the White House lawn by Daredevil, the Black Widow, and Shanna. Abandoned by Mandrill, Nekra was captured by authorities.

Nekra was held captive and drugged in a S.H.I.E.L.D. hospital, until a subliminal message from Hate-Monger inadvertently gave her the rage necessary to break free. While in the New York sewers, Nekra encountered a cult of Kali, whom she persuaded that Nekra herself was the reincarnation of Kali. She then moved to the West Coast where she killed and replaced Adrienne Hatros, the reclusive sponsor of an emotional research clinic where Nekra hoped to overcome her own dependency upon emotions. This plot was foiled by Spider Woman.

Escaping again, Nekra fell in with the voodoo-master the Black Talon as voodoo tutor, and with the Grim Reaper as her lover. When the Grim Reaper died in combat, Nekra was able to briefly reanimate him as a zombie, so lifelike that even the Grim Reaper did not realize he is dead. When Nekra's love became greater than her hate though, the Reaper died again. Nekra took his corpse with her, in hopes of reanimating him again.

Nekra was donating genetic material to an M.G.H ring that had sprung up in L.A. after the death of The Pride. She was defeated by Ricochet, Darkhawk, and the third Spider-Woman. She later returned at the Loners' meeting place to get her revenge on them. Nekra easily battled and defeated all of the Loners and preceded to strangle Mickey, when she was struck from behind by a mysterious lady named "Namie".

Later, one Utopia storyline, Nekra was seen fighting alongside Frenzy. She was taken out with a sucker punch energy blast by Ms. Marvel (Karla Sofen). During the conclusion, when the mutants fought the Avengers, Nekra, Frenzy, and Bling! took down Ms. Marvel.

Characterization: Nekra is able to grant herself various superhuman physical attributes by harnessing violent emotions within her, especially the emotion of hate. The precise nature of how she's able to do this isn't known, but it is possible this ability is partially psionic

Friends and Foes: She and Mandrill are like brother and sister. She has been in a long time off and on relationship with Eric Williams, the Grim Reaper and has been a student of Black Talon and the quartet have been rumored to be working together and planning something significant.
Shop J-Mart!