J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
The Ilethryl Knight
Superhero
Superhero

Re: J-Mart 3E: Iceman, Brock Samson, Sam Flynn, Taskmaster

Post by The Ilethryl Knight » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Nice Taskmaster! I wasn't always such a big fan of his in the past (didn't much like the outfit), but he's grown on me in the last couple of years.

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:14 pm

The Ilethryl Knight wrote:Nice Taskmaster! I wasn't always such a big fan of his in the past (didn't much like the outfit), but he's grown on me in the last couple of years.
I really like the UDON redesign that he got in the early 2000's. This I think was for his Mini-series but they carried it over into Gail Simone's run on Deadpool and then her run on Agent X where he was a supporting character. He was fun in Agent X.

"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Novac
Partisan
Partisan

Re: #177, #172

Post by Novac » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
He'd be a great fight for Batman.
Is that a future post I smell in the making?

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Novac wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:
He'd be a great fight for Batman.
Is that a future post I smell in the making?
Mayhaps... :wink:

My writing/playtesting groove has been off, but I am really getting the itch to play and I really want to test my Batman, and other PCs. Plus, I promised I would run a game this spring/summer so I guess I'd better get the 3E rules down.

I did promise one of my FTF homies that I would test Gambit first, so I'll be starting with that and work my way into something more, hopefully.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Post by marcoasalazarm » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:15 am

Can I ask for stats of Quorra after you make the Gambit ones?
Bad guy looks at small pistol by PC. Bad guy makes pistol with fingers.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.

Kara
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Kara » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:07 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:Phobia: He has a fear of drowning because as a kid, he used his ability to learn how to dive like an Olympic diver, but did not know how to swim…

Then he got schooled by Bucky Cap. Oh well, he was smart enough to high-tail it before things went completely to hell and that’s what I love about him. He’s an opportunist.
What I love about Task-Master is that he's essentially the sort of supervillain that a fan would become if he was suddenly told "Here. Build yourself as a super-hero/villain and go jump into the Marvel universe." He picks up a power that lets him do all sorts of different things, but not a particularly powerful one so as to keep it quite cheap. It's the sort of power that lets him reinvent his persona later on if he wants to. He has a simple plan for a kind of supervillainry* that makes him money and lets him have a secret lair, without much risk of the authorities, super-heroes or super-villains ever trying to kill him or anything. And he never really kills for fun, usually not even for money, thus avoiding antagonising the heroes too much.

* By this, I mean that he gets to do the Bond villain thing, building a secret lair and hiring good-looking people who do cool things, and then training up an army of henchmen. Then, instead of using them to try to take over the world and end up getting shot at by a secret agent or beaten up by a superhero, he gets paid for his efforts by the people that the henchmen are actually going to work for! Then he can put all that money towards improving the operation.

Novac
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Novac » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 am

Kara wrote: What I love about Task-Master is that he's essentially the sort of supervillain that a fan would become if he was suddenly told "Here. Build yourself as a super-hero/villain and go jump into the Marvel universe."
In Marvel he is my favorite villain. Photographic Reflexes is a power I would love to have, so I can totally agree with that. in DC I like Deahtstroke, I guess I just sort of like the character that can say, "I might not be the best in the world, but I am better than you."

Hmn, I wonder how you'd stat that.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:07 pm

Novac wrote:
Kara wrote: What I love about Task-Master is that he's essentially the sort of supervillain that a fan would become if he was suddenly told "Here. Build yourself as a super-hero/villain and go jump into the Marvel universe."
In Marvel he is my favorite villain. Photographic Reflexes is a power I would love to have, so I can totally agree with that. in DC I like Deahtstroke, I guess I just sort of like the character that can say, "I might not be the best in the world, but I am better than you."

Hmn, I wonder how you'd stat that.
Dude, I still owe you a PL10 Deathstroke! I promise I will get on that!

I may do a full out Deathstroke, too, since I grow impatient for the H&V I book.
Shop J-Mart!

Novac
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Novac » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Haha don't feel rushed ;)

I was seriously just sort of pondering that. I mean, you have Mimicry but that's just a copy of the power. You have Nemesis which is a counter to the power. I suppose you could go with a Variable power, but with PL caps it wouldn't work.

I mean how would you do the, "You might be Chuck Norris, but I am Bruce Lee, *beat down*." haha

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #151, #173, #178

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:22 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Our next build is a J-Mart Favorite, mainly because he really wants to off my previous build...

Sorry, sorry...still trying to quit the Pym bashing. It's tougher then dieting!

Bow to me, fools, for I now have 6 six eyes and cape! That makes me even more eeeeeeeeevil!

ULTRON
PL: 14 (342 pp) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA NA, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 10, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics (+12), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise [Science] 2 (+12), Insight (+5), Intimidation 11 (+12), Investigation 2 (+12), Perception 2 (+7), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Emitter Array] 5 (+12), Stealth (+2), Technology 14 (+24) [Inventor, Skill Mastery]

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Ranged Attack (2), Skill Mastery (1) (Technology)

POWERS:
Robotic Body: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects); 30 pts
Adamantium Shell: Protection 20, Impervious 12 (23 ranks); 43 pts
Sensors: Senses 7 (Dark Vision, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 4); 7 pts
Machine Control: Comprehend 1 (Machines), Communication 3 (Radio); 17 pts
Robot Brain: Quickness 6 (Flaw: Limited [Mental Only]); 3 pts
Emitter Array: 40 pt array, 43 pts
Mind Control: Perception Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extras: Cumulative, Perception Range); 40 pts
AE - Mental Sedation: Perception Range Affliction 10 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Asleep, Extra: Cumulative); 1 pt
AE – Electro-Magnetic Blast: Energy Ranged Damage 16; 1 pt
AE – Electro-Magnetic Ray: Energy Perception Range Damage 13 (Extra: Perception Range); 1 pt
AE - Stun Beam: Perception Range Affliction 13 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt

Ultron Drones: Summon 9 (135 pt Minions; Extra: Horde, Multiple Minions 3 [8 minions], Mental Link); 83 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +7
Emitter Array +10 [Electro-Magnetic Blast +16]
Special Attacks [Electro-Magnetic Ray +13, Perception; Mind Control Affliction +10 Perception; Mental Sedation Affliction +10, Perception; Stun Affliction +13, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +20 (+10 Impervious), Fortitude NA, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Due to his vast intellect and power, he can underestimate humans
Hatred: His "father" Hank Pym. I can totally relate to him in that aspect…
Obsession: Janet Van-Dyne Pym or Jocasta, who he made in Jan's image
Vulnerable Magnetic attacks

Abilities 76 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 226 + Defenses 12 = 342 / 342

Comments: I really like how this Ultron came out in 3E. He’s one of my favorite Marvel villains, not just because he hates Pym (and like I said, I am trying to change ways on that) but because of his power set and the fact that when he is handled right, he is a great global threat with believability, which can be rare. Granted his Oedipus issue motivations aren’t the best but again, he does want to kill Pym which I cannot completely discount as a great motivation…

But I am trying…

This Ultron has several Perception range attacks that can be easily used to power stunt more powerful attacks for usage against Sentry types. But the Perception attacks can eliminate a lot of the normal Avengers right off the bat, leaving him free to focus on the big guns and come out on top, simply because he is hard as hell to hurt. He’s high on the 2011 test list.

Clean Up 2/10/11: Raised Ultron a PL to fit better with the DCA PL structure and making him a better Avengers/JLA level threat. And here are the Ultron Drones:

ULTRON DRONES
PL: 8 (135 pp) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA NA, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+6), Deception (-2), Insight (+2), Intimidation (-2), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (-2), Ranged Combat [Emitter Blast] 4 (+6), Technology 7 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: Eidetic Memory, Ranged Attack (1)

POWERS:
Robotic Body: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects); 30 pts
Adamantium Shell: Protection 16, Impervious 9 (17 ranks); 33 pts
Sensors: Senses 7 (Dark Vision, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 4); 7 pts
Machine Interface: Comprehend 1 (Machines), Senses 1 (Communication Link [Ultron]); 3 pts
Robot Brain: Quickness 6 (Mental Only); 3 pts
Emitter Blast: Electro-Magnetic Ranged Damage 10; 20 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +0
Unarmed (FGT) +6 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +2
Emitter Blast +6 [Emitter Blast +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +0 [DC10] Parry +0 [DC10]
Toughness +16 (+9 Impervious), Fortitude NA, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To Ultron
Vulnerable: Magnetic attacks

Abilities 22 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 96 + Defenses 5 = 135 / 135

Comments: Ultron’s minions.
Continuing to work on upgrading my builds to DCA PL level compatability. Ultron gets a PL boost and I also finally got around to some Drones.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #155, #174-#178 JT; #179-#183 OV

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Check out this new item, it's a FOLLOW THE LEADER special!

World domination...easy. Finding a decent hat that fits...now THAT'S tough.

THE LEADER
PL: 12 (150 pp) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 12, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Deception 6 (+7), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 10 (+22), Expertise [Science] 8 (+20), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 1 (+13), Perception (+3), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+1), Technology 10 (+22)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (3), Equipment (12), Favored Foe (The Hulk), Leadership, Minion (13)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES:, Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Speed of Thought*

POWERS:
Gamma Enhanced Intelligence: Enhanced Intelligence 12, Quickness 8 (50x, Limited: Mental Only), Enhanced Advantages 3 (see Advantages), Senses 4 (Precognition); 35 pts
Gamma Irradiated Physiology: Immunity 1 (Radiation); 1 pt
Mental Domination: Array, 21 pt array; 22 pts
Telekinetic Blast: Perception Range Affliction 7 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 21 pts
Mind Control: Affliction 10 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extras: Cumulative); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(60ep), 60ep for HQ, Vehicle, Weapons as needed

OFFENSE:
Initiative +12
Close Attack +5 [Mind Control Affliction +7]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [Telekinetic Blast +7]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Seeing himself as intellectually superior to everyone, his arrogance has been his downfall many times
Hatred: He hates the Hulk/Bruce Banner and will try to destroy him at every opportunity
Obsession: He feels he should be the ruler of the world and will not stop until he is

Abilities 22 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 34 + Powers 54 + Defenses 19 = 150 / 150

Comments: After his tour de force portrayal in the Gamma World episode of Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, and his starring role in World War Hulks, I had to take my first run at The Leader. He’s the type of build that is easy to work up, but harder to use because you really have to amp him up with a killer HQ and powerful minions to make him a serious threat. That’s really the only reason I made him PL12, just to allow his Inventions and Minions to be powerful enough to give Hulk, or a team of PL10-ish heroes a run.

Speaking of Gamma World, here are some minions for him kinda based on the episodes.
GAMMA BRUTES
PL: 8 (97 pp) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics (+10), Deception (-1), Intimidation 7 (+6), Persuasion 3 (+2), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (1),Chokehold, Fast Grab, Power Attack

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES:, Diehard, Great Endurance

POWERS:
Gamma Enhanced Size:Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Permanent, Innate); 5 pts
Gamma Hardened Hide: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 4 (7 ranks); 9 pts
Gamma Enhanced Immunities: Immunity 11 (Aging, Poisons [Limited], Need to Sleep, Thirst, Pressure, Heat, Cold, Radiation Effects), Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Regeneration 2; 15 pts
Gamma Enhanced Leg Strength: Leaping 4 (120 ft), Speed 2 (8 mph); 6 pts
Super Strength Stunts: Alternate Effect Array from Strength; 1 pt
AE - Groundstrike: Burst Area Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extras: Area Burst, Linked, Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Instant Recovery, Limited [Gamma Brute must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); Linked Effect: Damage 8 (Extras: Area Burst, Linked, Flaws: Limited to Objects, Limited [Gamma Brute must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt[/i]

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +11 (Impervious +4), Fortitude +12, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity: All the Gamma brutes have normal identities if they can be turned back from The Leader's mutations
Responsibility: Serve The Leader
Vulnerable: They are vulnerable to radiation drain/weaken effects and Negative Zone radiation

Abilities 40 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 37 + Defenses 7 = 97 / 97
GAMMA HARPIES
PL: 8 (130 pp) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 3 (+11), Deception (-1), Insight (+1), Intimidation 6 (+5), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Blast] 5 (+7), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (3), Evasion (1), Fast Grab, Favored Environment (Airborne), Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (1)

POWERS:
Gamma Harpy Wings: Flight 5 (60 mph; Flaw: Winged); 5 pts
Gamma Hardened Hide: Protection 1, Impervious Toughness 4 (7 ranks); 8 pts
Gamma Enhanced Immunities: Immunity 11 (Aging, Poisons [Limited], Need to Sleep, Thirst, Pressure, Heat, Cold, Radiation Effects), Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Regeneration 2; 15 pts
Gamma Enhanced Leg Strength: Leaping 2 (30 ft); 2 pts
Gamma Energy Blast: Gamma Energy Ranged Damage 9; 18 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +2
Gamma Blast +7 [Gamma Blast +9]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity: All the Gamma Harpies have normal identities if they can be turned back from The Leader's mutations
Vulnerable: They are vulnerable to radiation drain/weaken effects and Negative Zone radiation

Abilities 48 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 49 + Defenses 9 = 130 / 130
GAMMA HOUNDS
PL: 8 (101 pp) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT -4, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+8), Deception (-2), Insight 3 (+4), Intimidation 10 (+8), Perception 5 (+6), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Fast Grab, Improved Trip

POWERS:
Gamma Enhanced Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Permanent, Innate); 5 pts
Gamma Hardened Hide: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 4 (7 ranks); 9 pts
Gamma Enhanced Leg Strength: Leaping 4 (120 ft), Speed 3 (16 mph); 7 pts
Animal Senses: Senses 6 (Scent [Acute, Extended, Tracking), Low-Light Vision, Ultrahearing, Normal Hearing (Extended Hearing); 6 pts, Bite: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +8; Bite +9]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +9, Fortitude +8, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Gamma Hounds cannot speak and cannot use their paws to easily manipulate objects

Abilities 40 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 40 + Defenses 7 = 101 / 101

Comments: These would be canines mutated into gamma beasts by The Leader.
Just an FYI about some Gamma powered minions I added to The Leader. I think I'm going to have to do a full scale Minions R Us run... :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:55 pm

A J-Mart Favorite item hits the Aisle 2 shelves!

Lights out, tovarisch...

COLOSSUS
PL: 11 (165 pp) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4 [13], STAMINA 4 [10], AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics (+4/+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+9), Deception (+1), Expertise [Art] 7 (+8), Expertise [Farmer] 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 9 (+10), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 6 (+7), Stealth (+1), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 4 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Equipment (1), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Languages (1) (English, Base: Russian), Power Attack

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Great Endurance

POWERS:
Organic Steel Body: 65 pts traits (Flaw: Activation); 64 pts
Colossal Strength: Enhanced Strength 9, Enhanced Strength 3 (6000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 21 pts
Invulnerability: Enhanced Stamina 6, Enhanced Advantages 1 (see Advantages), Protection 5, Impervious 7, Immunity 11 (Environmental Heat, Environmental Cold, Starvation/Thirst, Pressure, Suffocation 2 [Need to breathe], Magical Effects [Flaw: Limited-Half Effect); 42 pts

Armored Physique: Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2); 2 pts[/i]
Reaction Healing: Healing 5 (Extra: Reaction [to assuming normal identity], Flaw: Limited [Self only]); 20 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
X-Men Uniform: Commlink (Feature 1, Miniscule); 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +7
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +13]
Ranged Attack +1
Throwing +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +15 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Prejudice: Mutant
Relationships: His love, Kitty Pryde, his sister Illyana, his fellow X-Men, mainly Wolverine, Storm, Banshee and Nightcrawler
Vulnerable: In his armored form, he is vulnerable to Vibranium weapons

Abilities 42 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 80 + Defenses 12 = 165 / 165

Comments: Always been a fan of Pete. I think we’ve discussed before about the propensity for us former (or current in my case) fat kids always wanting to be, or identifying with the bricks in comics and I am certainly guilty as charged. When I first started reading X-Men, it was X-Men 101 when Jean had just gotten her first dose of the Phoenix powers and the “All-New X-Men” had gone to Cassidy Keep for a vacation while Scott and Professor X stayed with the ill, or so we thought, Jean. Out of Banshee, Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine and Colossus, it was Pete who became an immediate fave. They took on Juggernaut and Black Tom and Colossus held his own with Juggy, so it was obviously before the power creep really set in for him, but I dug him immediately. Wolvie at the time was just kinda…annoying. Amazing change for him over the years for sure.

But Pete has remaining a popular character for years with his sensitivity and badassery when it’s really called for.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #27

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Without further ado, The JM is kicking off a new special for this weekend. We're rolling out THE BIG GUNS OF THE THORPACOVERSE! And they don't get any bigger than this one...

It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then... he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him. -- Batman

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL) PC
PL: 15 (225 pp) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3 [19], STAMINA 15, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception (+5), Expertise [Farmer] 3 (+5), Expertise [Journalism] 6 (+8), Insight (+5), Intimidation (+5), Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+10), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision Array] 8 (+10), Stealth (+2), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Improved Initiative (1), Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Interpose, Languages (1) (English, Base: Kryptonian), Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Toughness)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Great Endurance

POWERS:
Invulnerability: Protection 4, Impervious 5 (9 ranks), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Regeneration 5 (Flaw: Limited [Requires direct exposure to yellow sunlight); 28 pts
Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: Dynamic Array, 33 pt array, 35 pts
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 16 (Extra: Dynamic); 33 pts
DAE - Heat Vision: Heat Ranged Damage 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
DAE - Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 15 (Extra: Area Cone 2 [60 ft], Dynamic, Flaw: Close Range, Limited Direction [towards or away]); 2 pts
DAE - Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2],
Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-
Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]) (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: Dynamic Array, 31 pt array; 35 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings In A Single Bound: Flight 13 (16,000 mph), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
DAE – 4th Fastest Man Alive: Speed 14, Quickness 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
DAE - Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 5 (400K Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
JLA Communicard: Commlink, GPS, Feature 2 (Avengers Mansion/Watchtower Access); 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +5
Heat Vision +10 [Heat Vision +15]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +15, Area Cone]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +19 (Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +15, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers
Relationships: Superman’s closest relationship is with his wife, Lois Lane. Other important people in his life include his
mother, Martha Kent, and friends and co-workers Jimmy Olsen,
Perry White, and Catherine “Cat” Grant
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all
Weakness: Superman is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death

Abilities 84 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 99 + Defenses 13 = 225 / 225

Comments: Look, I know the DCA group at Green Ronin have done, and will do some excellent builds. I believe the builds in the DCA core book are generally excellent. They are fin versions of the iconic characters, they show how to use the system and Kenson's Batman is genius, IMHO.

HOW-EV-AH

I have to build DC characters. I don’t want to. I have to. It’s part of my disease, CCCS, Compulsive Character Creation Syndrome that I have been afflicted with since I started playing D&D back in the 80’s. It got worse with MnM 2E has not abated as only thing stopping me from statting all the time are the silly distractions of family and work. And as the original J-Mart proves, I love to build the big names over and over and over with different takes. And that will not change with 3E. So I will keep building DC character up to and after Heroes and Villains 1 & 2 come out. 'Cause that's what I do.

So here is my Superman. I borrowed from the DCA version of course, but took him down a PL and gave him a little Thorpacoverse house rule flavor and tweaks to make him how I like him. I'm still iffy on the Kryptonian setup at this point, but trust me, there will be updates as we get more new 3E books and as I continue to get comfortable with the system.

In the Thorpacoverse, he is pretty much his usual self. However, the main players in my world, meaning the usual suspects of Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman, Thor, Steve Rogers and Iron Man are members of both the Justice League and The Avengers in order to foster more commaradarie between the big time teams of the Thorpacoverse and the superhero community overall. None of them are working with either team all the time, but any of them could show up in future Thorpacoverse type team rumbles and such.

Clean Up 11/24/10: Clark gets a clean up. I did a little shifting with his power, making several of them part of a dynamic array. I can't wait to test it. I find it hard to believe it will be a big issue mechanically, but we'll see.

Clean Up 2/10/11: Moving my original Superman up to a PC version at PL15. I think I got in just about everything I wanted and I raised his Toughness to +19 which is a rank higher than the official version, but considering that the official Captain Marvel is +19 and Grundy is +20, I think that’s the way it should be.
As I had stated before, I am getting rid of my original NPC-ish DC builds in deference to the official versions. I am still, however, going to keep dropping DC PCs along with updating the ones I've done to higher PLs and/or just tightening things up. As such, I am replacing my original Superman build with this PL15 PC version and it was a lot of fun to build. I am keeping the other PL14 version in case I have one my trademark changes of heart, but right now, this is my standard version as keep moving along in PC mode.

I got almost everything in I wanted and I got his Toughness up to +19 which is where I think it should be if Captain Marvel has a +19 in his official build. Superman should be his equal or slightly greater in most categories, IMHO.
Shop J-Mart!

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart 3E: Taskmaster, Colossus, updates

Post by scc » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:54 pm

Nice builds Thorp. I forgot about the healing on Colossus when he changes to human form. I would love to see Minions R Us. That would be great. I remember the Leader have some minions made of rubber. Hulk use to have difficulty with them. So if you do any more minions would like to see them. Plus so many others.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #61

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Our DC PC line continues with another J-Mart Favorite item for Aisle 1a.

The baddest man alive at any level or power points...

BATMAN (BRUCE WAYNE)
PL: 12 (180 pp) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+11), Athletics 6 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+18), Deception (+5), Expertise [Streetwise] 2 (+10), Insight 6 (+10) [Assessment], Intimidation 10 (+15) [Skill Mastery, Startle], Investigation 14 (+22) [Contacts, Skill Mastery, Well-Informed], Perception 9 (+13), Persuasion (+5), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 9 (+13), Sleight of Hand (+4), Stealth 11 (+15), Technology 2 (+10) [Inventor], Treatment (+8), Vehicles (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (Wealth), Contacts, Defensive Roll (2), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (8), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed 2), Improved Initiative (1), Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (1) (Pick it, Base: English), Power Attack, Skill Mastery (2) (Intimidation, Investigation), Startle, Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(40ep)
The Batsuit: Protection 3; 3ep
The Cape and Cowl: Senses 2 (Night Vision), Flight 2 (Flaw: Gliding), Commlink, GPS, Gas Mask; 7ep
Utility Belt: Array (31ep)
Bat Flash Bang Grenade: Dazzle 5 (Affliction 5, 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware; resisted by Dodge], Extra: Targeted Area Burst, Range 20ft; 20ep
Batarang: Bludgeoning/Slashing Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2, Critical 19-20; 50ft range, Medium; 1ep
Bat Bolo: Snare 5 (Affliction 5, 1st: hinders and impedes, 2nd: defenseless and immobile; resisted by Dodge); 75 ft range, Medium; 1ep
Bat Tear Gas Grenades: Affliction 5 (1st: dazed and visually impaired, 2nd: stunned and visually disabled, 3rd: incapacitated; resisted by Dodge), Extra: Targeted Area Burst, Range 20ft; 1ep
Bat Shuriken: Piercing Ranged Damage 1, Extra: Multiattack, Critical 19-20; 25ft range, Small; 1ep
Smoke Grenade: Concealment 4 (Visual, resisted by Dodge), Extra: Cloud Area, Range 40ft; 1ep
Grapple Gun: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1ep
Lockpick Kit: Feature 1, Tiny; 1ep
Mini-Tracer: Feature 1 (Tracking, 2 Mile range), Miniscule; 1ep
Rebreather: Immunity 2 (Flaw: Limited -20 Rounds of Oxygen) Tiny; 1ep
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology), Tiny; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +12
Unarmed +18 [Unarmed +4, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +4
Thrown Items +13 [Batarangs +6, Critical 19-20; Bat Shuriken +1, Critical 19-20, Multiattack; Bat Flash Bang Grenade Dazzle +5, Area Burst; Bat Tear Gas Grenade Affliction +5, Area Burst; Bat Bolo Snare +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +9, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Joker, Hush, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman and many others, Identity: He has a secret identity of Bruce Wayne
Obsession: Batman is driven to fight crime by the murder of his parents
Relationships: He has strong relationships with Tim Drake-Wayne, Dick Grayson-Wayne, Damian Wayne, Cassandra Cain-Wayne, Alfred, Commissioner Gordon, Lucius Fox, Oracle, Superman and Wonder Woman. And sometimes Catwoman
Responsibility: Batman sees Gotham as "his city" and protects it fiercely
Rivalry: It’s more Ollie’s side than his, but he has a bit of a rivalry with Green Arrow. And he and Hal Jordan don’t see eye to eye often, either

Abilities 90 + Skills 41 (82 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 0 + Defenses 21 = 180 / 180

Comments: Whew, another labor of love build, playable Batman at PL12. I tried, and will try again to get one at PL10 that I like, but man, that’s tougher in 3E than I thought. I'll get it done at some point. But for now, I feel pretty good about this one. As I mentioned in the Nightwing build, I plan on using these soon and I actually plan on using them as real PCs in my own little campaign so hopefully the few things I really wanted to put in I can put in as I add points for successful completions of scenes.

Clean Up 2/14/10: Well, I still haven't gotten around to using my PC builds, but hey, 3E is just an infant, right? I have plenty of time. :wink:

Anyway, cleaned up this PC Bruce again. Tighter than the first round, but not a lot of changes. I raised his attributes, which actually ended up saving me a couple of pts to throw into other skills and advantages.
Doing a lot of reviews right now and of course, you know I can't NOT do more Batman building. I cleaned up this PC Bruce and my PC Grayson Batman as well. I realized that generally for skill monkey types, you are better off pumping up the Intellect, Presence and Awareness as much a possible. Saves you points in the long run with the 2pts/per rank Skill cost. In 2E, it seemed better to have to have a dump stat like Charisma, but I really see the benefit of the higher scores now for those 3 attributes.
Shop J-Mart!