J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: Taskmaster, Colossus, updates

Post by Horsenhero » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Yeah...high mental traits and Jack-of-All-Trades is the way to go in 3e for the dedicated skill monkey.

Nice updates and some fine builds previous. Colossus was always my second favorite of the "new" X-Men relaunch circa Giant-Sized #1. For some reason I always liked Banshee best...even if his code name refers to a female ghost. :|

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:34 pm

marcoasalazarm wrote:Can I ask for stats of Quorra after you make the Gambit ones?
You bet. I still haven't forgotten about the Tron stuff, I just got distracted with getting some updates done on my PCs so I can test them against the new villains in the Threat Reports. Whom I looooooove, especially Anvil. Genius build. 8)
scc wrote:Nice builds Thorp. I forgot about the healing on Colossus when he changes to human form. I would love to see Minions R Us. That would be great. I remember the Leader have some minions made of rubber. Hulk use to have difficulty with them. So if you do any more minions would like to see them. Plus so many others.
I added after looking at Taliesin's build (surprise, surprise that he would have that :wink: ). The rubbery minions were Humanoids, if memory serves, and I think I can whip them up as well as the Mindless Ones. Especially when I knock out the Nextwave crew. :D
Horsenhero wrote:Yeah...high mental traits and Jack-of-All-Trades is the way to go in 3e for the dedicated skill monkey.

Nice updates and some fine builds previous. Colossus was always my second favorite of the "new" X-Men relaunch circa Giant-Sized #1. For some reason I always liked Banshee best...even if his code name refers to a female ghost. :|
No doubt. Like I said, in 2E, I was used to skimping on traits in favor of more skill ranks, but really, he mental traits is the way to go, you get more bang for your point buck. And like you said, throw in Jack of All Trades, and my personal favorite, Beginner's Luck, and you have a formidable hero.

And you're right about Banshee. Maybe he should be Banshim? :mrgreen:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Novac
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Novac » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:52 am

Aaargh pun in the morning!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #122

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:16 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

They say I'm fearless. Not true. I do have one fear...my movie not living up the hype...

GREEN LANTERN (HAL JORDAN) PC
PL: 14 (210 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+9), Deception 4 (+8), Expertise [Law Enforcement] 6 (+7), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation (+4), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 6 (+11), Stealth (+2), Technology 3 (+4), Vehicles 12 (+15)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Status – Green Lantern), Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Improved Initiative (1), Ranged Attack (2), Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will)

POWERS:
Indomitable Will: Enhanced Will 3 (Flaw: Limited to Power Rank usage, Extra: Innate); 3 pts
Green Lantern Power Ring: 117 pts traits, Removable (-23 pts); 94 pts
Ring A.I. and GL Database: Features 2; 2 pts
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand All Languages, Extra: Affects Others); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Flaw: Limited to Senses); 6 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 13 (16,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3); 32 pts
Force Field: Protection 7, Immunity 10 (Life Support, Flaw: Sustained); 17 pts
Force Manipulation: Dynamic Array, 35 pt array; 45 pts
Force Blast: Force Ranged Damage 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Rapid Fire Force Blast: Force Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Dynamic, Multiattack); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 11 (Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Communication: Communication 5 (Anywhere, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Immunity 10 (Life Support, Extra: Dynamic, Affects Others, Area Burst, Ranged); 2 pts
Full Force Field: Protection 6, Impervious 6 (11 ranks) (Extra: Affects Others, Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +5
Power Ring +11 [Force Blast +17; Rapid Fire Force Blast +11, Multiattack; Force Lifting +17]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +3 (+10 with Force Field, +16 with Full Force Field), Fortitude +7, Will +14 (+17 for Power Ring Usage, Ultimate Will)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sinestro, Hector Hammond, Red Lantern Corps, Sinestro Corps, Black Hand, Evil Star
Greed: Hal feels responsible for the terrible acts of Parallax while the fear entity controlled him
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low
Relationships: Carol Ferris, Green Arrow (Oliver Queen), Flash (Barry Allen)
Reputation: Hal Jordan is a maverick in nearly all aspects of his life and known for having issues with authority
Responsibility: To protect his space sector as the Green Lantern of Sector 2814
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail

Abilities 48 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 98 + Defenses 29 = 210 / 210

Comments: Here’s Hal Jordan as a PL13 PC for the Thorpacoverse. For once, I tried to be good and generally keep the ring dynamic in the core book because I thought it was pretty slick. Just made a couple of tweaks here and there and it was all good. I did lower Hal's Will Save since I would like telepaths to have a shot against him but I made up it with a little Enhanced Will just for power ring usage. Expect similar setups for the other Earth GLs when I get around to them.

I took Hal to PL13 since, as I have stated before, only a few big timers will go to PL14 and above. At least ones that I am considering using, anyway. Villains and pure NPCs could go anywhere. Plus, I do think Sinestro should be a PL above Hal since he usually hands Hal his ass until GL gets backup or pulls off some power stunt type move to win.

Also, I'm just trying to clear off the old hard drive, so the Green print in the post for him, the Red, White and Blue for Cap and such will be done at a later time. The fam is gone so I gotta post while I can!

Clean Up 2/16/11: Hal goes up to a PL14 PC, which really wasn’t that hard since his core build is only 1 pt off, but I still put my own spin on him.
Reworked my Hal Jordan PC up a PL, much like I have been doing to several builds. I also just reworked Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman. I'm having a good time trying fit my builds into a 15 pt per PL structure, although I am sure at some point I will want to unload a bit, but for now, it's a good challenge.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #64

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:We had so much fun with our last item, we decided to try it once more again, with feeling! Check this item on Aisle 2a!

All those key people in Spidey's life but yet The Enforcers are omitted yet again. Blasphemy!

SPIDER-MAN PC
PL: 11 (165 pp) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 12, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+13/+19), Athletics (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+12), Deception 10 (+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Science] 4 (+10), Insight (+1), Investigation (+6), Perception 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Web Shooters] 11 (+13), Stealth (+10), Technology 4 (+10) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Inventor, Taunt

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES: Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Evasion (1), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Spider-Senses: Enhanced Advantages 5 (see Advantages), Enhanced Skills 3 (Acrobatics 6), Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 3, Senses 3 (Danger Sense [Mental, Ranged, Extra: Extended Range); 15 pts
Does Whatever a Spider Can: Leaping 2 (30 ft), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling), Speed 1 (4 mph); 7 pts
Web Shooters: 33 pts traits; Removable (-7 pts); 26 pts
Web Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging), Speed 3 (16 mph); 5 pts
Web Slinging: Array, 27 pt array; 28 pts
Web Snare: Ranged Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Dodge], Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to 2 Degrees); 27 pts
AE - Web Throwing: Move Object 9; 1pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Spider Tracers (Mini-Tracers [1ep])
Camera, Extra Web Fluid Canisters, Costume, Flashlight (4ep)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +12
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +3
Web Shooters +13 [Web Slinging Snare +9; Web Throwing +9]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 (+14 with Spider Sense) [DC22/24] Parry +10 (+13 with Spider Sense) [DC19/23]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, Sandman, Mysterio, Electro, The Chameleon, The Kingpin, Mr. Negative, Rhino, Kraven and on and on...
Identity: He has his secret identity of Peter Parker. If he loses his powers, his stats change to STR 1, AGL 1, DEX 1, and FGT 3
Prejudice: J. Jonah Jameson and others that he influences will NEVER accept Spider-Man
Relationships: Mary Jane, Aunt May, Gwen Stacy (her death or in person, depending on how I chose to go with continuity for him), Robbie Robertson, Uncle Ben's memory and sometimes Harry Osborn. Heck, even Flash Thompson sometimes
Responsibility: With great power comes…

Abilities 84 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 42 + Defenses 8 = 165 / 165

Comments: Spidey as a PL11 PC. This is the one mostly likely to get the first run so we see what he can do. The PL10 version was more of one of those "let's see if I can do it" builds, this one feels more like one I'd like to play.

And you know me, a PL12/180pp version will pop up at some point fo' sho'. :wink:

Clean Up 2/16/11: Did a lot of fixin' to this PL11 PC Spidey. I got everything closer to where I wanted it outside of his Will defense. I'll have to work on that more the next review.

Did some work to my PL11 PC Spidey, in addition to Tiger Shark, Sabretooth, Martian Manhunter, Cyclops and John Stewart. My main change was an increase in Pete's intelligence and some skills. I think we've been underselling Pete's brains over the years. Most builds I see of him have his int at 4 tops, but considering the dude invented the web shooters at like 15, routinely outsmarts known geniuses like Doc Oc and Norman Osborn and as shown in the latest Big Time Spider Man arc, figured out things that Mr. Fantastic and Tony Stark couldn't, I think he deserves that 6. They have really been playing up his brains in the Big Time Spider Man arc, and considering his history, I think it's well deserved.
Shop J-Mart!

Superdad
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Superdad » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:29 am

I really like this get-up for Wonder Woman... thought you might appreciate it to Jab.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #70

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Another version of this J-Mart Favorite Item gets stocked on Aisle 2a.

You wanna diss Hank Williams Jr. one more time, bub?

WOLVERINE PC
PL: 11 (165 pp) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4 [5] [6], STAMINA 8 [9], AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 6 (+11), Deception (+1), Expertise [Military] 4 (+5), Insight (+7), Intimidation 12 (+12) [Startle], Perception 11 (+18), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 9 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Close Attack (3), Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Favored Environment (Hulk Combat), Improved Critical (2) (Claws 2), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Japanese, Base: English), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Skill Mastery (1) (Perception), Startle, Takedown (1)

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES:, Diehard, Great Endurance

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease [Limited], Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (see Advantages), Regeneration 8; 12 pts
Enhanced Senses: Senses 8 (Normal Sight [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]; Scent [Extended, Accurate, Acute, Tracking], Low-Light Vision); 8 pts
Bone Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2; 2 pts
Adamantium Skeleton: Enhanced Strength 1, Protection 2, Feature 1 (Increased Mass); 5 pts
Adamantium Claws: Array, 10 pt array; 11 pts
Penetrating Strike: Enhanced Slashing Strength-Based Damage 1 (Extra: Penetrating 9 [With Claws]); 10 pts
Buzzsaw Strike: Enhanced Slashing Strength-Based Damage 1 (Extra: Multiattack [With Claws]); 1 pt

Berserker Rage: Enhanced Strength 1, Enhanced Stamina 1, Enhanced Will 3, Immunity 2 (Critical Hits); (Flaws: Limited [only when Raging], Quirks [Cannot use Awareness based skills, Must make DC20 Will Check each round to stop fighting until incapacitated or exhausted]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
X-Men Uniform (Commlink [1ep])

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +5; Penetrating Claws +8, Critical 18-20; Buzzsaw Claws +8, Critical 18-20, Multiattack; Raging Unarmed +6; Raging Penetrating Claws +9, Critical 18-20; Raging Buzzsaw Claws +9, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +4

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +9 (+12 when Raging)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sabretooth, Daken, Cyber, Romulus and others
Honor: Wolverine generally lives by the samurai code, especially when in Japan. But he's willing to break it from time to time…
Prejudice: As mutant, he is subject to a lot prejudice
Reputation: He's the best he is at what he does, but what he does isn't very nice, Relationships: Jubilee, Jean Grey, the X-students, and his teammates
Rivalry: He and Cyclops have a long running rivalry for the affections of Jean Grey
Temper: He does have just a WEE bit of a temper, what with his Berserker Rages and all…
Vulnerable Because of his Adamantium skeleton he very vulnerable to Magnetic attacks
Vulnerable He is vulnerable to the Muramasa blade and items made from it that cancel out his healing factor and can kill him

Abilities 74 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 38 + Defenses 10 = 165 / 165

Comments: Now this feels more like Wolverine. The PL was a decent representation, but this was one has the zazz that I was looking for. I'd be more more likely to play this one overall than the PL10.

Clean Up 2/17/11: Fixed up this PC Wolverine with a much, much tighter build. I cannot believe I hadn't added a Rage component and I also was able to sneak a Multiattack strike and made him more able to hang with the Hulks. He's ready for his real test now, I think.
I feel much better about this Wolvie PC build now. As stated above, I made changes to him to make more able to hang against the Hulks and other big time powerhouses while keeping him able to goon sweep like he is also known for. And I cannot believe I did not have a Rage for him before. For shame...
Shop J-Mart!

BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by BARON » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:08 pm

fun stuff and here's a tip: that little half damage from bludgeoning trick i came up with worked great for wolverine's skeleton.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:15 am

We've got a WINTER IS COMING SPECIAL for Aisle 2!

My dreams are the worst I've ever had. Images of the Winter Soldier fold in on each other... I see things I forgot happened... Like a door unlocking in my mind... Torture... Slaughter... And training others in their use... So much horror... I wake up vomiting. And don't feel much better afterwards. My bad dreams linger...but I wouldn't expect anything else... - James Buchanan Barnes

WINTER SOLDIER
PL: 11 (195 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3 [6], STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+10/+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Assassin] 11 (+13), Expertise [Military] 9 (+11), Insight 7 (+10) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+9), Investigation 6 (+8), Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 2 (+15), Sleight of Hand 3 (+9), Stealth 10 (+15) [Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery], Treatment 4 (+6), Vehicles 5 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Assessment, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (7), Evasion (1), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (2) (Short Blades, Firearms), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (3) (German, Russian, French, Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish, 4 others, Base: English), Power Attack, Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Skill Mastery (1) (Stealth), Takedown (1), Tracking

POWERS:
Infinity Formula: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease); 2 pts
Bionic Arm: 13 pts traits, Removable (-3 pts); 10 pts
Bionic Strength: Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaw: Limited to Left Arm); 3 pts
Bionic Blasts: 9 pt Array; 10 pts
Electric Stun: Affliction 10 (Electric; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Flaw: Inaccurate); 9 pts
EMP: Nullify 10 (Resisted by Fortitude, Electronics; Flaw: Inaccurate); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(35 pts)
Body Armor Costume: Protection 2; 2 pts
Binoculars: Feature 1 (+5 Perception [Visual at Distance]); 1 pt
Night Vision Goggles: Senses 1 (Darkvision, -2 Perception); 1 pt
Restraints: Feature 1 (Toughness 5, DC20 Sleight of Hand); 1 pt
Parabolic Microphone: Feature 1 (+5 Perception [Auditory at Distance]); 1 pt
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Rebreather: Immunity 2 (Suffocation, Flaw: Limited -20 Rounds of Oxygen); 1 pt
Arsenal: (17 pts)
Fragmentation Grenades: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Area Burst (30 ft radius); 15 pts
Assault Rifle: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 5; 1 pt
Sniper Rifle: Ranged Ballistic Damage 5, Dangerous, Extended Range (50/100/250); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Bionic Arm +12 [Electric Stun Affliction +10; EMP Nullify +10]
Close Attack +14 [Right Arm Knife +4, Critical 18-20; Left Arm Knife +7, Critical 18-20]
Unarmed +16 [Right Arm Unarmed +3; Left Arm Unarmed +6]
Ranged Attack +13
Firearms +15 [Sniper Rifle +5, Critical 18-20; Assault Rifle +5, Critical 19-20, Multiattack; Heavy Pistol +4, Critical 19-20]
Special Attack [Frag Grenades +5, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +8 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: He is without his left arm due to the injuries sustained in the fateful fall in 1945 that nearly killed him.
Enemy: Red Skull, Grand Director, Batroc the Leaper, Many former KGB members that were involved in the Winter Soldier program.
Guilt: He has lots of guilt over his actions at the Winter Soldier while under control of the KGB.
Relationships: He is tight with Steve Rogers, his girlfriend Black Widow, and the Falcon.
Responsibility: He feels it is his responsibility to take care of the sleeper agents left over from the Winter Soldier program and to try and make up for what he did as the Winter Soldier while controller by the KGB.
Secret Identity: He is trying to keep his identity as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier a secret, but it seems to be getting out…
Weakness: In his time as the Winter Soldier, he was programmed with shutdown phrases that Doctor Faustus and others have acquired knowledge of.

Abilities 78 + Skills 51 (102 ranks) + Advantages 33 + Powers 12 + Defenses 21 = 195 / 195

Build Comments: Since he is now back as the Winter Soldier in order to clean up some old Cold War messes that he made while under control of the KGB, here is Bucky in that role. Not a lot of changes from my Cap build of him, I just lost the shield, made him a little more stealthy and dangerous in close quarters.

Secret Origins: James Buchanan Barnes was born in Shelbyville, Indiana in 1925. He is an orphan, the son of a soldier killed in training at U.S. Army Camp Lehigh in Virginia just before the United States' entry into World War II. As a result, he was unofficially adopted by the camp as a mascot. Nicknamed "Bucky", he takes to wearing a uniform and becoming savvy with the ins and outs of military life, even though he was a teenager. It was at Lehigh that he met and befriended Private Steven Rogers, who by all appearances is the clumsiest soldier in the camp. This was at the same time that reports of the then-mysterious Captain America begin to appear in news magazines, and Barnes eagerly devoured the accounts of this new hero.

In 1940, Bucky accidentally walked in on Steve Rogers changing into his uniform, thus discovering his friend was Captain America and insisted that he join him. He underwent extensive training and was assigned to be Captain America's partner. The military justified putting a 15-year-old in harm's way by using him as a symbol to rally the youth of America.

The Story so Far: They fought the Red Skull together, and Captain America accepted Bucky as his partner. Together, Captain America and Bucky fought Nazis both at home and abroad, as a duo and as part of the superhero team known as the Invaders. Barnes also teamed up with the sidekicks of other heroes in a group called the Young Allies. Additionally, Bucky was the organizer of the flashback World War II super-team the Liberty Legion, set between the formations of the Invaders and the post-war All-Winners Squad. He was also briefly one of the Kid Commandos at this time. Bucky served as an advance scout for Captain America and the Invaders, often being assigned tasks that none of the heroes could be seen doing.

In the closing days of World War II in 1945, Captain America and Bucky tried to stop the villainous Baron Zemo from destroying an experimental drone plane. Zemo launched the plane with an armed explosive device on it, with Rogers and Barnes in hot pursuit. They reached the plane just before it took off. Bucky unsuccessfully tried to defuse the bomb, and it exploded in mid-air before reaching its intended target. He was believed to have been killed in action, as Rogers was hurled into the freezing waters of the North Atlantic. Rogers' body, preserved in suspended animation in a block of ice, is found decades later by Superman.

General Vasily Karpov and the crew of a Russian patrol submarine found Bucky's cold-preserved body missing one arm. Bucky was revived in Moscow, but suffered brain damage with amnesia as a result of the explosion. Scientists attached a bionic arm, upgrading it over the years as technology improved.

Programmed to be a Soviet assassin for Department X, under the code name the Winter Soldier, he is sent on covert missions involving assassination, becoming increasingly ruthless and efficient as he kills in the name of the state. While a Soviet agent, he also had a brief relationship with The Black Widow. The Winter Soldier was kept in a cryogenic stasis when not on missions, and as a result has aged only a few years to a young adult since the closing days of World War II. In 1968, the Winter Soldier was sent to kill Professor Zhang Chin, whom he had met in World War II. Unfortunately, he was pinned down by an intangible being called The Man with No Face, though he was able to escape.

On assignment in the United States in the 1970s, he suffered a breakdown and went missing for days after assassinating his target. It has also been revealed that as the Winter Soldier he aided in Wolverine's escape from the Weapon X laboratory and later murdered Itsu, Wolverine's wife at the time, seemingly killing their unborn son Daken who survived the attack after being cut from his mother's womb.

In the present day, the Winter Soldier seemingly killed the Red Skull and Jack Monroe (Nomad) under orders from former Soviet general Aleksander Lukin, Karpov's former protégé. Winter Soldier launches a terrorist attack on Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, killing hundreds, and charged the Cosmic Cube which Lukin sent him to retrieve. He kidnapped Sharon Carter, an agent of the international espionage agency S.H.I.E.L.D. and a former lover of Steve Rogers. Upon her rescue, Carter told Captain America that Winter Soldier looked like Bucky. S.H.I.E.L.D. chief Nick Fury confirmed the Winter Soldier's existence, but cannot ascertain his identity.

Captain America tracked down and confronted the Winter Soldier. Upon gaining control of the Cube, he told the Soldier, "Remember who you are". Regaining his memories, Bucky became overwhelmed by guilt over his past actions, crushing the Cosmic Cube and teleporting away.
He reappeared shortly afterward in London, England, where he helped Captain America fend off a terrorist attack. He asked Nick Fury for employment and new equipment following the loss of his bionic arm. Following the events of the superhuman Civil War, Winter Soldier helped Fury plan the escape of an arrested Steve Rogers. Before the plan can be implemented, however, Rogers was assassinated.

Considering registration architect Tony Stark (Iron Man) as ultimately responsible, Winter Soldier planned to kill Stark in revenge. Deducing that Stark will oversee the appointment of a new Captain America, Winter Soldier stole Captain America's shield from S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Black Widow so that it cannot be handed down. Ultimately, he heads to Kronas' headquarters, where Lukin revealed he is the Red Skull and has the evil psychiatrist Dr. Faustus attempt unsuccessfully to brainwash the Winter Soldier.

After escaping from Faustus and being captured by S.H.I.E.L.D., Barnes learned from Executive Director Tony Stark that Steve Rogers had left Stark a letter asking Stark to watch over Barnes and that the Captain America mantle should continue. Stark suggeste that Barnes become the new Captain America. Barnes agreed only if Stark guaranteed him complete autonomy. As this arrangement is illegal under the Superhuman Registration Act, Stark keeps his support of the new Captain America secret.

Barnes' first major adventure as the new Captain America has him, Falcon, Carter and S.H.I.E.L.D. fighting against the original Red Skull and Dr. Faustus who have revived the 1950s Captain America in a plot to secure one of their pawns attaining the U.S. presidency. Barnes and his allies succeeded in aborting the Skull's plans, and Barnes saved the Democratic and Republican presidential candidates from assassination, winning public applause. The adventure ends with Barnes accepting himself and addressing himself now as "Captain America". He also restarted his relationship with Black Widow.

During the Secret Invasion storyline, after most of the other heroes have fallen as the Skrull invasion of Earth continues, Captain America was seen watching Thor defend a group of civilians in Central Park. Later, after a brief confrontation with Thor, he joined the other assemblage of heroes, the Mighty Avengers, the New Avengers, the Initiative, the Thunderbolts, Nick Fury and his Secret Warriors, Young Avengers, and the Hood's group, in battle against an army of Super-Skrulls led by Queen Veranke herself.

After the events of the Invasion, Barnes discovered that the remains of Jim Hammond, the original Human Torch, have been recovered and studied by the United Nations. The body was stolen by Professor Zhang Chin who used the Torch to create a virus to exterminate half the Earth's population. Teaming up with Namor, they stopped Chin and made sure that Hammond receives a proper burial. Later, he joins the New Avengers and offers his home as a base of operations. He later participated in the search for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones' child, Danielle. He was considered a possible team leader but turned it down because he did not have the proper team experience.

Some time later, Barnes finds out from Sharon that she did not really kill Steve. As explained by Doctor Zola to Norman Osborn, Rogers was trapped in a fixed position of time and space. But since Sharon ruined the machine that was supposed to bring him back, Steve was reliving his own past. Barnes and Black Widow attempt to steal the device from H.A.M.M.E.R. but are captured. Osborn sends the Black Widow back to Sharon with an ultimatum: either she turns herself in, as Osborn had implicated her as Rogers' second shooter, or he'll kill Barnes. Barnes was then sent into the custody of the Thunderbolts who told him that he'll be inducted into their group once Rogers is brought back. However, Barnes is secretly freed by Ant-Man and then rescued by the Falcon. Barnes then teams up with Clint Barton, Natasha Romanoff, the Falcon, Hank Pym, and the Vision to save Sharon. The group intercepted the Red Skull's ship beside the Lincoln Memorial and attacked. The Red Skull had already taken over Steve's body, and Barnes attacked him. The two battled while Hank saved Sharon and the others battle Crossbones and a squad of M.O.D.O.K.S.. Sin shot Barnes in the shoulders, giving the Skull the opportunity to take Captain America's shield. He pinned Barnes to the ground and cut off his cybernetic arm with the shield. However, inside Steve's body, Steve prepares to kill the Red Skull to keep him from doing any more evil in his body. The Skull's consciousness left Steve's body and returned to his robotic body. Hank and Sharon manage to cause the Skull's body to enlarge in size, and after Steve takes back control of his own body leads an attack, Vision used the Skull's ship's weapons to destroy the Skull.

During the Siege, Barnes is alongside Steve's team of heroes. Barnes, still in his Captain America suit, pulled Rogers aside just before they were about to leave for Asgard. Barnes told Rogers that they should "skip the argument" and insisted that Rogers use Captain America's shield. Rogers takes the shield. After the events of the Siege, Rogers returned the shield to Barnes and retires his uniform, leaving Barnes as the only Captain America.
Barnes was a member of the main Avengers team formed in the aftermath of the "Siege" storyline. He was then put on trial for the crimes he committed as the Winter Soldier. He was found not guilty in an American court, but Russian officials took him away, having convicted him of crimes against the state and claiming that he had gone rogue and killed two civilians. But as Sharon Carter and Black Widow discovered, Barnes' victims were connected to Russia's Department X's Red Room division. He escaped imprisonment with help from Black Widow and returned to the USA, however it was decided he was too tainted by events to be allowed to continue as Captain America.

During the events of Fear Itself storyline, Barnes took up the Captain America identity again, but was apparently killed in battle with Sin, in her Skadi form. He survived because he had been injected with the Infinity Formula. With the world believing him dead he returned to his former identity of Winter Soldier to perform special jobs behind the scenes relating to his earlier days as the Winter Soldier. Only Rogers, Nick Fury, Cecil Stedman, Black Widow and the highest level SHIELD operative know the truth of his "death."

Characterization: Bucky, like many others, looks up to Steve Rogers. He has a great deal of respect for Steve, but Bucky is also ashamed of what he has done as Winter Soldier. Bucky has shown signs of aggression whilst depressed and has also redeveloped a relationship with Black Widow. He feels great guilt over what he has done as the Winter Soldier and works to try and redeem himself or make up for his deeds the best he can.

Friends and Foes: He and Steve Rogers remain close and he and Black Widow remain in a romantic relationship. He shares many enemies with both the Black Widow and Cap and is driven to shut down the other members of the Winter Soldier program and any of the military leadership involved.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:21 am

We have a new item getting stocked on Aisle 2!

That's it... Shoot at the guy who can turn anything into a weapon -- miss, and hit a bunch of glass... Brilliant. - Hawkeye

HAWKEYE (CLINT BARTON)
PL: 10 (160 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 5 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise [Spy] 6 (+7), Insight (+4), Intimidation 6 (+7), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 9 (+13), Persuasion (+1), Sleight of Hand 2 (+9), Stealth 6 (+11), Vehicles 2 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (SHIELD Clearance), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (4), Evasion (1), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (4) (Bow 2, Thrown Items 2), Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Weapon (1), Languages (2) (Japanese, Mandarin, 3 others, Base: English), Precise Attack (2) (Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Takedown (2), Throwing Mastery (4), Tracking, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Aim), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Eagle Eyes: Senses 1 (Normal Vision [Extended], Extra: Innate); 2 pts
Hawkeye: Variable Power 1 (one power of a particular description [Auto-Fire on any ranged attack/effect], Extra: Action [Free]); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(20ep)
Body Armor: Protection 1; 1ep
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep
Customized Longbow: (14ep)
Piercing Ranged Damage 6; 200 ft range, Large; 13ep
Bow Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 1; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +10 [Bow Bash +4]
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +14 [Bow & Arrows +6, Critical 18-20, Multiattack; Thrown Items +4, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Black Widow II (Yelena Belova)
Relationships: His wife, Bobbi Morse
Rivalry: He has a long running rivalry with Green Arrow and a burgeoning one with Shaft about who is the better archer
Showboat: He sometimes makes shots more difficult than they could be to show off or just challenge himself

Abilities 68 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 39 + Powers 7 + Defenses 20 = 160 / 160

Comments: One of the best revamps in the Ultimate Marvel U has been Hawkeye, IMHO. Clint was always a good character, but generally seen as just a Green Arrow rip-off. Ultimate Hawkeye is a tweak of that character where he’s still the best archer in the world, but also is deadly with any ranged weapon like Bullseye. In the Grand Theft America arc, he was captured and all tied up and dude got out of it by killing 10 men BY RIPPING OFF HIS OWN FINGERNAILS AND FLICKING THEM INTO THEIR THROATS AND HEADS. One of the baddest things I’ve ever seen in my over 30 years of comic reading.

So the Hawkeye of the Thorpacoverse is that Clint. In my setting, his backstory is pretty much canon except I am keeping Bobbi Morse as his girlfriend because I’ve always liked them as a couple and even though he is a member of the Justice League, he generally still works black ops for Fury with X-Force.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:30 am

A J-Mart Favorite item in our Game of Throne Line hits the shelves.

I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act. - Jaime Lannister

JAIME LANNISTER
PL: 8 (90 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+4), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Swords] 2 (+10), Deception 6 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Military] 7 (+8), Expertise [Nobility] 3 (+4), Insight 5 (+7) [Assessment], Intimidation 2 (+3), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1/+3) [Attractive], Stealth 2 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Assessment, Attractive (1), Benefit (3) (Status – Kingsguard, House of Lannister), Defensive Attack, Equipment (2), Improved Critical (1), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Precise Attack (1), Takedown (1), Weapon Bind

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Chain Mail: Protection 3; 3ep
Longsword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20; Medium; 4ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2]
Swords +10 [Longsword +5, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Being raised in privilege and most likely being the best swordsman in Westeros has made him quite arrogant
Enemy: The Starks
Relationships: He has had a long running incestuous relationship with his twin sister Cersei. He also does seem to actually care (at least a little bit) for his brother Tyrion and his father, Tywin, although their relationship is strained

Abilities 44 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 0 + Defenses 13 = 90 / 90

Comments: As much of a prick as he is, I like Jaime Lannister. Despite his arrogance, he seems to be at odds with his role in House Lannister and above all, he seems to be the most out of place outside of battle besides King Robert. And of course, knowing the love of your life is your sister and keeping that a secret for years has to weigh on you.

Jaime as a build is all about swordplay. He doesn’t give a crap about the politics of King’s Landing, he just wants to do his duty until he has a chance to lock blades with someone. And chances are, he’s going to win since he claims to be one of the top 3 swordsmen in the Seven Kingdoms and actually looks happy when he and Ned get into it and Ned seems to be able to match him, implying that Ned is one of the other 2.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: J-Mart 3E: Colossus, Bucky Cap, Rulk, Mr. Terrific

Post by Xarathos » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Love your take on Mr. Terrific, Thorp. Nicely done. :D

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:42 pm

Another J-Mart Favorite hits the Aisle 2 shelves.

Move it ya goldbricks!

NICK FURY PC
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 6

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+10), Deception 5 (+11), Expertise [Civics] 5 (+9), Expertise [Current Event] 5 (+9), Expertise [Military] 9 (+13), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 3 (+9), Investigation 9 (+13) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion 9 (+15) [Connected], Stealth 5 (+8), Technology 3 (+7), Treatment 2 (+6), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (3) (Status, Resources as Director of SHIELD), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (3), Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (1), Languages (1) (1 other, Base: English), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (7), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Infinity Formula: Immunity 1 (Aging); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15ep)
Body Armor: Protection 2 (Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Limited [Ballistics only]); 2ep
Commlink: Feature 1, Miniscule; 1ep
3ep for other spy gear as needed
Arsenal: (9ep)
Heavy Pistol: Ballistic Ranged Damage 4; 100 ft range, Small; 8ep
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Small; 2ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +9 [Knife +4, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +11 [Heavy Pistol +4]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6 (+8 vs. ballistics), Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Fury is missing his right eye, which can cause depth perception issues and imposes a -2 circumstance penalty against perception checks to that side (if properly noted by opponent)
Enemy: HYDRA
Relationships: He is close with Steve Rogers, Dum Dum Dugan, and a few select other SHIELD agents
Responsibility: Protect the world
Rivalry: Amanda Waller

Abilities 74 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 1 + Defenses 16 = 150 / 150

Comments: Nick Fury is da man. Even when Hasselhoff is portraying him. :wink:

Not a lot to say about Nick here that hasn't already been said. He needs some SHIELD gear for him to hit his caps, but with his Benefit, that shouldn't be a problem to pull off. On Earth-PC and my main setting, Nick is back in charge of the new SHIELD, working with closely (not that either of them like it) with Amanda Waller, who is still running Checkmate.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart 3E: Bucky Cap, Rulk, Mr. Terrific, Nick Fury

Post by scc » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:59 pm

I know I am in the minority here but I like Rulk. Grant you I haven't been keeping up with him, and I know they made he ridiculously powerful when he first appeared beating up the Watcher and Thor. But I like destructive monsters in comics. Nice build. I didn't know he lost the madder I get hotter I get power. Probably for the best.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart 3E: Bucky Cap, Rulk, Mr. Terrific, Nick Fury

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:28 am

scc wrote:I know I am in the minority here but I like Rulk. Grant you I haven't been keeping up with him, and I know they made he ridiculously powerful when he first appeared beating up the Watcher and Thor. But I like destructive monsters in comics. Nice build. I didn't know he lost the madder I get hotter I get power. Probably for the best.
Yeah, it was a nice plot device for the early arcs, but the whole ability for he, and Red She-Hulk, to drain gamma energy would have been problematic over the long term, so I'm glad the current writers removed it. I like Rulk, too, really. I am not so hip on ALL the Hulk additions over the past few years, though generally I like most of them individually. But man, adding Rulk, She-Rulk, Skaar, A-Bomb, Lyra and Hulk's other kid (name escapes me) all in that short span was a lot of Hulks to throw in. But I guess they were intent on making an entirely new Hulkverse (oh, yeah, and I forgot about The Warbound AND they used The Maestro again in Avengers, too) so they went all out.
Shop J-Mart!