Anime/manga 3e (Ultros, Raki)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Anime/manga 3e conversions

Post by Dreaming Psion » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:11 pm

Sample Stances/Forms

Belt Fu: Powers: Affliction 9 (Hindered/Immobile/Incapacitated, extras: Extended Reach, Reversible; Quirk: requires a belt)

Hadouken/fire-breath: Powers: Blast 4 (PF: accurate 2)

Iron Body: Feats: Second chance (toughness vs. unarmed damage), Ultimate Toughness Withstand damage*; Powers: Immunity 2 (critical hits), Impervious Toughness 5

Knife-hand/”Judo chop!”/quivering palm: Powers: Affliction 7 [stunned/incapacitated, Resisted by Fort; extras: secondary effect; flaws: Limited: unaware or vulnerable targets only, PF: Accurate, Improved Crit, Triggered]

Open-handed palm strikes: Feats: Improved Crit (unarmed strike) 2, Take-down Attack 2; Powers: Enhanced Multi-attack 5

Slippery Bastard: Skills: Deception +4 more ranks (+11 total); Feats: Redirect, Taunt, Powers: “Flash step” Teleport 1 (turnabout), “Mirror Image” (concealment 2- normal vision, flaws- limited to granting concealment)
Check out the anime/manga 3e thread
My new Oddballs reborn thread

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:22 pm

I love that Flash Step mechanic. I never really thought about using Teleport for that, I was just going with Speed. But for someone like Byakuya Kuchiki or Yoruichi Shihoin from Bleach, it's perfect and it really does emulate that Flash Step power from 2E Mecha and Manga. I would probably make it Unreliable with the 5 use limit (same with their Speed as well) for the Bleach characters since it does wear them out if they do it too much and they only show them all using their Flash Step/Shunpo/Hoho, whatever, in limited doses.

Thanks for that idea! Consider it swiped! :D
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:I love that Flash Step mechanic. I never really thought about using Teleport for that, I was just going with Speed. But for someone like Byakuya Kuchiki or Yoruichi Shihoin from Bleach, it's perfect and it really does emulate that Flash Step power from 2E Mecha and Manga. I would probably make it Unreliable with the 5 use limit (same with their Speed as well) for the Bleach characters since it does wear them out if they do it too much and they only show them all using their Flash Step/Shunpo/Hoho, whatever, in limited doses.

Thanks for that idea! Consider it swiped! :D
Heh, you are welcome. One thing to note though that to get up to 100 feet and back like In Mecha and Manga, you'll need to have a full three ranks of teleport (see the Ranks and Measurements table) but for my purposes, this is fine. The Pervert Sage with one rank of Teleport can move up to a total of 60 feet in a round.

In any case, I'll be looking forward to seeing your Bleach writeups.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Cool Sempai (Mecha and Manga)
PL: 6 (90 points)

Abilities: Str 2, Sta 2, Agi 2, Dex 2, Fgt 3, Int 2, Awa 2, Pre 3

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+6), Deception 4 (+7, +11 w/ Attractive), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 6 (+8, Well-Informed), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+7, +11 w/ Attractive; Connected, Fascinate), Technology 4 (+6); assign 8 ranks to various skills of choice
44 ranks

Advantages:
Attractive 2, Beginner’s Luck, Bishounen/Bishoujou*, Connected, Fascinate (Persuasion), Jack-of-all-Trades, Uncanny Dodge, Well Informed
*From Mecha and Manga

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +3 close; tou DC 17
Meaningful Gesture perception; Dodge/Will DC 16
Emotion Control perception, Ref/Will DC 16

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 4, Fort 6, Toughness 2, Will 6

Powers
Crowd Adaptation; 2 p
Movement 1 (environmental adaptation- crowds)

Force of Personality; 7 p
Meaningful Gesture: Affliction 6 (dazed/stunned/incapacitated; Resisted by Will, extra: perception, Limited to people who would normally be attracted to the Cool Sempai, sense-dependent [sight])
Emotion Control: Affliction 6 (fascinated/compelled/controlled, Resisted by Will, extras: perception range, flaws; limited to inspiring love, Sense Dependent (sight))

Abilities 36 + Skills 22 + Advantages 9 + Defenses 14 + Powers 9 = 90

Complications: Girl/Guy Magnet: Just can’t seem from endearing herself to those around her who find her attractive

Notes: This archetype is a difficult one because of the reliance on skills. I had to trim the skills down somewhat and make Emotion Control an alternate power of Meaningful Gesture. Instead of putting an Uncontrolled flaw on it, I left the sometimes unintended effect the Cool Sempai has on others as a possible complication. Basically, gives the GM license to activate in inconvenient situations in return for a hero point.

This is the last of the PC write-ups in the main Mecha and Manga heroes chapter. I am going to hold off on doing write-ups for the characters in the other chapters (mecha, martial arts, and pets) since these had more developed mechanics closer associated with 2e.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 am

Dark Swordsman (Mecha and Manga- NPC)
PL: 10 (157 points)

Abilities: Str 3, Sta 3, Agi 3, Dex 3, Fgt 8, Int 1, Awa 1, Pre 0

Skills: Acrobatics 12 (+15), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat (swords) 3 (+11, +12 w/ Hellforged Katana), Intimidation 15 (+15), Insight 6 (+7), Perception 8 (+9), Ranged Attack: wind slash 7 (+10), Treatment 6 (+7),
64 ranks

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Defensive Roll 4, Equipment 2, Evasion 2, Favored Foe (pick one), Improved Critical (katana), Improved Defense, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Passing Attack*, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Startle

Equipment: Hell-forged katana (masterfully crafted sword; damage +3 (or +5 used in both hands), Critical 19-20, Slashing damage, no range increment, Medium, Toughness 12, 8 equipment points), rain-proof straw hat and traveling clothes, backpack. Up to 2 more ep worth of equipment

Offense
Initiative +3 (+12 in Blade of Hell Stance)
Hellforged Katana +12 close, DC 23 Tou, Crit 18-20
Unarmed +8 close; DC 18 Tou
Wind-slash +10 ranged; DC 25 tough
Cyclone force Projection burst-area close, Ref DC 20 and +10 Grab Modifier

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fort 11, Toughness +7/+4, Will 9

Powers
Blade of Hell Stance
(flaw- requires a sword – 7 p); 31 p total
Blast 10 (wind slash created by a sword swing, slashing damage): 20 p
Move Object 10 (burst area; touch ranged, limited to repulsion) Linked to Affliction 10 (hindered/prone; Resisted by Dodge; burst area, limited to two degrees); 1 p; cyclone force projection
Enhanced Feats: Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 2, Takedown Attack 2, Uncanny Dodge; 6 p
Enhanced Dodge 5 and Parry 5 (sword moves so fast it can’t be seen to block attacks; Subtle); 11 p

Flash Step: Teleport 3 (250 ft, extras: turnabout); 7 p

Sense Chi- Senses 3 (Detect chi- acute, ranged); 3 p

Abilities 44 + Skills 32 + Advantages 19 + Defenses 21 + Powers 40 = 157

Notes: Here’s an archetype from the “Gamemastering Manga” chapter. I really like this one; it’s very creative and just reeks of awesome! Has a little bit of everything- awesome skills (15 ranks of Intimidate is not shabby!), the Flash Step, and of course some awesome melee talent. Even has ranged capability (the wind slash) and a nasty trip area effect (which I converted as a linked Affliction and Move Object).

The Flash Step in 2e Mecha and Manga was most likely some version of teleport with the flaw (limited to short range). Since extended range is now an EXTRA, this is no longer viable. So I just made it 3 ranks of Teleport with the Turnabout feat. The Turnabout feat is like the teleport equivalent of Move-by Action, but it lets you 'port to your target, take a standard action, and then 'port back. This is so long as the total distance traveled doesn't exceed your total teleportation distance (250 in this case for a rank 3 Teleport).

Main beef I had with the original was that it was way too circumstance specific in meeting its caps. Sneak Attack, Break the Style, etc. I took out some of these feats as well as some feats that don’t have any equivalent in 3e (Elusive Target and Follow-up Attack).

Another change I made was folding the (unnamed) trip power (what I have now labeled a cyclone force projection) into an array with the wind slash (originally it was just a burst area Trip 6 effect with Knockback). If you wanted to keep that the same way it was, it would be 12 points for a rank 6 of the Move Object linked with the Affliction as modified with the extras above.

The way the mechanics works for the Cyclone Force Projection configuration of effects and modifiers is as follows:
-The victims in the burst area all make Dodges vs. the DC to half the effective ranks in the powers (DC 20 in the array)
-Then the dark swordsman makes opposing checks with his ranks in the power (+10 in the array, halved if his opponents made their reflex save) against their Dodge or Strength to see if they’re pushed away. If they fail, it’s as if their movement is as if they’ve been thrown by a Move Object effect.
-Finally, the victims make a final Dodge against the DC of the power to see if they’re hindered or prone

Other issues and thoughts.. Originally this guy’s Favored Opponent was “humans”. This is probably too broad, so I just let the GM choose one. Also, this guy as is something of a glass cannon with only a weak toughness, so you may consider doing less of an extreme trade-off of toughness for Defense.

Edit: Added more explanation of how the Flash Step works.

Perhaps more than the other villainous archetypes, this one would make an awesome potential PC as well. Just drop Int and Pre by 1 and trim the skills by 6 ranks and you’re good to go with another PC archetype.
Last edited by Dreaming Psion on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Xarathos » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:22 am

Wow, really like the Dark Swordsman! :D

I'm going to assume that the Move-by Action advantage is what makes Flash Step behave like it does in 2e?

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:13 am

Xarathos wrote:Wow, really like the Dark Swordsman! :D

I'm going to assume that the Move-by Action advantage is what makes Flash Step behave like it does in 2e?
Actually, that would be the Turnabout extra for Teleport (a flat one point). It's the teleport equivalent of move-by Action. It allows you to teleport up to your target, take a standard action, and teleport back to your original spot so long as your total distance moved is not greater than your max teleport distance.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Xarathos » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Oh, hah! Thanks for pointing that out - I'd forgotten. :)

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Kaiju (Mecha and Manga)
PL: 13 (187 points)

Abilities: Str 16 (18 raging), Sta 16, Agi -2, Dex -1, Fgt 8, Int -4, Awa 3, Pre -2

Skills: Acrobatics 15 (+13), Athletics 20 (+20), Intimidation 15 (+21), Perception 14 (+17)
64 ranks

Advantages:
Favored Environment (pick one), Fearless Improved Smash, Ranged Attack 9, Takedown Attack, Throwing Mastery

Offense
Initiative -2
Unarmed +8 melee close; DC 31 (33 raging)
Radioactive breath +8 ranged; DC 30
Thrown object +8 ranged, DC 31 (33 raging)

Defense
Dodge 3 (1 raging), Parry 3 (1 raging), Fort 20 (22 raging), Toughness 18, Will 5 (Fearless, 7 raging)

Powers

Fearsome Presence
Affliction 10 (impaired/compelled/controlled, extras: perception range, area burst, flaw: limited to inspiring fear, quirk: effect centered on monster); 29 p

Monstrous Size; 53 p
Growth 16 (+16 Str and Sta, -8 parry/dodge, Size rank 2, speed +2, Intimidate +8; extras: permanent innate) 33 p
Impervious Toughness 18; 18 p
Protection 3; 3 p

Radioactive Breath; 30 p
Blast 15

Rage; 1 p
Enhanced Str 2, Enhanced Fort and Will Defenses 2; flaws: Reduced Dodge and Parry 2; quirk (fatigued for equal duration after raging); 1 p

Abilities 4 + Skills 32 + Advantages 14 + Defenses 24 + Powers 112 = 187 p

Notes: Another antagonist archetype from Mecha and Manga, this one’s pretty obvious. Did this one pretty much just to get familiar with the changes to Growth- you can see how 16 ranks of growth effect the build (these stats are already included).

So only thing to mention here is how I recreated the Rage and Fearsome Presence. You can see how they stack up above.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:27 pm

Ghost in the Machine (Mecha and Manga)
PL: 13 (297 points)

Abilities: Str --, Sta --, Agi 0, Dex 5, Fgt 5, Int 8, Awa 5, Pre 2

Skills: Deception 10 (+12), Expertise (45 ranks to distribute as desired), Investigation 15 (+23), Perception 15 (+20), Persuasion 10 (+12), Technology 15 (+23)
110 ranks

Advantages:
Assessment, Contacts, Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Online Research*, Ranged Attack 10, Redirect, Second Chance (Computers check when accessing a computer system), Skill Mastery (Technology), Well-Informed
*From Mecha and Manga

Offense
Initiative +0
Blast +10 ranged; tou DC 25
Mental Transformation +10 ranged; Will save DC 20

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fort --, Toughness +0, Will +15

Powers
Digital God; total 103 p
Communication 4 (datalink, worldwide); 16 p
Flight 1; 2 p
Immortality 2 (1 week, limited- can be killed by electromagnetic energy); 2 p
Immunity 30 (fortitude); 30 p
Insubstantial 4 (affected by electromagnetic pulses; Permanent; Innate); 21 p
Morph 4 (any form): 20 p
Movement 1 (dimensional movement to cyberspace); 2 p
Regeneration 1 (heals at normal rate); 1 p
Senses 9 (accurate and acute radio, acute internet communications); 9 p

Energy Blast; 30 p
Blast 10 (electrical, affects corporeal);

Mental Rewiring; 30 p
Affliction 10 (Dazed/Stunned/Transformed; Resisted by Will; extras: affects corporeal, increased duration instant sustained, increase range close ranged, flaws: limited to targets with mind-to hardware cybernetic implants); 30 p

Ride the Lighting; 20 p
Teleport 10 (extras: extended, Medium [electronic communications devices]); 20 p

Abilities 20 + Skills 55 + Advantages 19 + Defenses 20 + Powers 183 = 297 p

Notes: Here is the Ghost in the Machine antagonist archetype from Mecha and Manga. This one really increase in cost due to changes in powers and also the increased cost in skills. Also a few bugs in the original build- no ranks in Bluff for the Redirect feat, and not a full immunity to Fortitude. The original also didn’t have a dex score, but was still mobile. So I just made it a normal dex.

A few things on translations, Ultimate Power listed Datalink as a Communication effect, so that’s what I made it in 3e. I wasn’t sure how to do the Machine Control, so I left that out for now. The Mental Transform is now an affliction. Its duration wasn’t modified in the 2e writeup, so I altered the Affliction to be Sustained (rather than Continuous) in 3e. Logic dictates that a permanent rewiring would be Continuous, but I figure that’s not too fair to PCs who fight against this thing.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:19 pm

Supporting cast archetypes (from Mecha and Manga)

Besides hero and antagonist archetypes, Mecha and Manga also included a number of archetypes for minor supporting cast archetypes. I don't really have too much to say about converting these aside from that a few of them changed power levels do to how PL works in 3e.

Agent 5, PL 1 (28 p) STR 0, STA 0, AGL 1, DEX 1, FGT 1, INT 2, AWE 0, PRE 0; Offense: Init +1, Unarmed +1 (DC 15 close). Defense: Dodge 2, Parry 2, Fort 0, Tou 0, Will 0 .
Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+5), Expertise (current events) 2 (+4) Expertise (streetwise) 4 (+6) Investigation 5 (+7, Well-Informed), Technology 5 (+7), Vehicles 5 (+7) Stealth 5 (+7)
Advantages: Equipment, Well Informed
Powers: None
Equipment: Cell phone (2), PDA
Totals: Abilities 10 + Powers 0 + Advantages 2 + Skills 15 + Defenses 2 = 28 p

Class Rep, PL 1 (15 p) STR -1, STA +1, AGL +0, DEX +0, FGT 0, INT 1, AWE 0, PRE 1; Offense: Init +0, Unarmed +0 (DC 15 close). Defense: Dodge 1, Parry 0, Fort 1, Tou 1, Will 1.
Skills: Deception 2 (+3), Expertise (Popular culture) 3 (+4), Investigation 3 (+4), Persuasion 3 (+4), one rank in another Expertise skill
Advantages: Fascinate, Minion (a school kid), team work
Powers none
Equipment: none
Totals: Abilities 4 + Powers 0 + Advantages 3 + Skills 6 + Defenses 2 = 15 p

Commander, PL 4 (50 p) STR 0, STA 1, AGL 1, DEX 1, FGT 4, INT 1, AWE 1, PRE 2; Offense: Init +1, Unarmed +4 (DC 15 close). Pistol +4 (DC 18 ranged); Defense: Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fort 3, Tou 1, Will 2.
Skills: Expertise (civics) 4 (+5), Expertise (tactics) 8 (+9), Expertise (military officer) 4 (+5), Intimidation 3 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+5), Perception 2 (+3)
Advantages: Equipment 2, Leadership, Ranged Attack 3, Rousing Speech*, Teamwork
Equipment: Camouflaged uniform, commlink, field laptop, pistol (+3 damage)
Totals: Abilities 22 + Powers 0 + Advantages 8 + Skills 12 + Defenses 8 = 50

Common Shikigami, PL 5 (91 p) STR – (0), STA 3, AGL 3, DEX 3, FGT 6, INT -1, AWE 1, PRE 1; Offense: Init +3, Blast +6 (DC 17 ranged); Defense: Dodge 7, Parry 6, Fort 3, Tou 3, Will 7
Skills: Expertise (arcane lore) 8 (+7), Expertise (survival) 4 (+3), Perception 4 (+5)
Advantages: Ranged Attack 3
Powers: Blast 2 (magic, Affects Corporeal), Flight 2, Immunity 4 (aging, starvation and thirst, suffocation), Insubstantial 4 (Permanent, innate), Shrinking 4 (Permanent, Innate)
Totals: Abilities 32 + Powers 40 + Advantages 3 + Skills 8 + Defenses 10 = 93

Cool Teacher, PL 2 (30 p) STR -1, STA 0, AGL 0, DEX 0, FGT 0, INT 2, AWE 1, PRE 2; Offense: Init +0, Unarmed +0 (DC 14 close). Defense: Dodge 0, Parry 0, Fort 2, Tou 0, Will 2.
Skills: Expertise (pick one related to teaching field) 6 (+8), Expertise (history) 5 (+7), Expertise (popular culture) 3 (+5), Expertise (teaching) 6 (+8), Expertise (writing) 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+5), Persuasion 6 (+8), Technology 2 (+4)
Advantages: Truth Sense*
Totals: Abilities 8 + Powers 0 + Advantages 1 + Skills 18 + Defenses 3 = 30

Cute Pet-Like Thing, PL X (28 p) STR -2, STA 0, AGL 2, DEX 0, FGT 0, INT -4, AWE 1, PRE 0; Offense: Init +2, Unarmed +4 (DC 13 close). Defense: Dodge 6, Parry 4, Fort 2, Tou 0, Will 1.
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+10), Deception 9 (+9), Perception 3 (+4), Stealth 0 (+10)
Advantages: Close Combat 4, Daze (Deception), Fascinate (Deception)
Powers: Shrinking 8 (Permanent, innate), Senses 1 (low-light vision)
Totals: Abilities -2 + Powers 10 + Advantages 6 + Skills 10 + Defenses 2 = 28

Mission Controller, PL 3 (35 p) STR 0, STA 1, AGL 1, DEX 1, FGT 0, INT 2, AWE 1, PRE 0; Offense: Init +5, Unarmed +0 (DC 15 close). Defense: Dodge 1, Parry 0, Fort +2, Tou 1, Will 3.
Skills: Expertise (tactics) 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+7), Insight 6 (+7) Perception 6 (+7), Technology 6 (+7)
Advantages: Assessment, Improved Initiative, Online Research*, Second Chance (Technology when operating sensor equipment), Skill Mastery 4 (Expertise [tactics], Insight, Perception, and Technology)
Totals: Abilities 12 + Powers 0 + Advantages 8 + Skills 12 + Defenses 3 = 35

School Kid, PL 1 (9 p) STR -1, STA 1, AGL 0, DEX 0, FGT 0, INT 0, AWE 0, PRE 0; Offense: Init +0, Unarmed +0 (DC 14 close). Defense: Dodge 1, Parry 0, Fort 1, Tou 1, Will 0.
Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+2), Deception 2 (+2), Expertise (Popular culture) 3 (+3), Investigate 3 (+3); Perception or another Expertise skill at 2 (+2)
Advantages: Set Up, Teamwork
Totals: Abilities 0 + Powers 0 + Advantages 2 + Skills 6 + Defenses 1 = 9

Support Techie, PL 3 (20 p) STR 1, STA 1, AGL 1, DEX 1, FGT 0, INT 1, AWE 0, PRE -1; Offense: Init +1, Unarmed +0 (DC 16 close ). Defense: Dodge 2, Parry 0, Fort 3, Tou 1, Will 0.
Skills: Expertise (technician) 5 (+6), Technology 5 (+6)
Advantages: Equipment 1, Mechanical Genius* (setting’s base technology), Tech Familiarity* (one exotic technology base in the setting)
Equipment: Various tools, gauges and scanner equipment
Powers: Quickness 3 (flaws- one task- repairing machinery)
Totals: Abilities 8 + Powers 1 + Advantages 3 + Skills 5 + Defenses 3 = 20

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Anime/manga 3e conversions (Mecha and Manga stuff)

Post by Dreaming Psion » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:08 pm

Invader Entity
PL: 17 (171 points)

Abilities: Str 12, Sta 12, Agi -2, Dex 0, Fgt 6, Int --, Awa -1, Pre -2

Skills: Intimidate 0 (+6), Perception 0 (-2)
0 ranks

Advantages:
Close Attack 11, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Takedown 2, Ranged Attack 8, Withstand Damage*
*From Mecha and Manga

Offense
Initiative -2
Strike +17 close; tou DC 33
Unarmed +17 close, tou DC 27
Shockwave close burst area, Dodge DC 17, Tou DC 32
Thrown object +8 ranged; tou DC 27

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 0, Fort 18, Toughness 18, Will --

Powers

Abominable Nature

Enhanced Str 2 (flaws: lifting only); 2 p
Flight 4: 8 p
Forcefield 6 (impervious 6); 12 p
Impervious toughness 12; 12 p
Growth 12 (permanent, innate): 25 p
Immunity 40 (physical damage; flaws: only damage that would kill it); 20 p
Regeneration 10 (one condition every round, feature 1: regrow lost limbs); 11 p

Diamond-tipped claws
Strike 6
(strength based); 6 p

Shockwave
Damage 17
(cone area); 34 p

Complications: Power loss: Regeneration against a special type of energy available to the setting’s mecha only

Abilities -8 + Skills 0 + Advantages 24 + Defenses 25 + Powers 130 = 171 p

Notes: Another hulking abomination for an antagonist archetype from Mecha and Manga. These ones are easy to convert. Only bad thing is that you can’t have stuff like Shockwave based off of your natural Str anymore (though you probably could make Alternate Effects of an Enhanced Strength).

iNSOMN14
Hireling
Hireling

Post by iNSOMN14 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:29 pm

Dreaming Psion wrote:Notes: Another hulking abomination for an antagonist archetype from Mecha and Manga. These ones are easy to convert. Only bad thing is that you can’t have stuff like Shockwave based off of your natural Str anymore (though you probably could make Alternate Effects of an Enhanced Strength).
I thought this same thing, but then we got Superboy's writeup in the Quick Start Book. Always someone doing something you don't expect.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

iNSOMN14 wrote:
Dreaming Psion wrote:Notes: Another hulking abomination for an antagonist archetype from Mecha and Manga. These ones are easy to convert. Only bad thing is that you can’t have stuff like Shockwave based off of your natural Str anymore (though you probably could make Alternate Effects of an Enhanced Strength).
I thought this same thing, but then we got Superboy's writeup in the Quick Start Book. Always someone doing something you don't expect.
Huh, well I stand corrected. That's a nice thing to know!

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:05 pm

Megacorp CEO (from Mecha and Manga)
PL: 8 (216 points)

Abilities: Str 0, Sta 1, Agi 0, Dex 1, Fgt 3 , Int 4, Awa 3, Pre 2

Skills: Bluff 13 (+15), Diplomacy 13 (+15), Expertise (13 ranks in primary business skill, 10 ranks in each of two complementary skills, 7 ranks in tertiary skill), Insight 13 (+16), Intimidation 8 (+10), Investigation 10 (+12), Perception 8 (+11), Technology 13 (+17),
118 ranks

Advantages:
Assessment, Benefit 4 (multimillionaire), Connected, Equipment 2, Improved Critical (pistol), Leadership, Power Attack, Redirect, Ranged Attack 9, Rousing Speech* (Diplomacy), Seize Initiative, Set-Up, Sidekick 24 (henchman: use the Troubleshooter archetype), Truth Sense*
*From Mecha and Manga

Equipment: Cellular phone, expensive suit, light pistol (+3 damage), PDA

Offense
Initiative +0 (Seize Initiative)
Pistol +10 ranged; DC 18
Unarmed +3 close; DC 15

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fort 6, Toughness 1, Will 10

Powers
Summon Security 4
(security guards that use the Police Officer supporting character archetype in page 226 of DCA, each minion has 13 extra, unassigned power points; extras: Active, Continuous, Horde; Multiple Minions 5, Sacrifice; flaws- Quirk- Delayed response [summoned security guards arrive in one minute, –2 points]); 59 p

Abilities 28 + Skills 59 + Advantages 49 + Defenses 21 + Powers 59 = 216 p

Notes: The increase cost for skills and changes in the Summon mechanics really made the Megacorp CEO a point hog (Multiple Minions is a +2 point/rank extra now). Other notes
- with the absence of sneak attack I just upped the CEO’s ranged attack bonus and also gave him Power Attack to compensate.
-The original writeup gave the CEO a benefit feat that he could arrange to get up to 40 equipment points in gear given enough time. This could simply be a plot device or a Variable Effect, or a use of the Connected feat.
Last edited by Dreaming Psion on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.