Sojobo's Builds (Legion of Doom Reboot: Giganta)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Sojobo's Builds (Legion of Doom Reboot: Giganta)

Postby Sojobo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Aaron Diaz (Dresden Codak): Justice League Reboot

The Justice League
Superman (Kal-El/Clark Kent)
Wonder Woman (Diana)
Cyborg (Victor Stone)
Martian Manhunter (John Jones)
Green Lantern (Midori Ota)
The Flash (Ananth Patil)
Power Girl (Karan Starr)

Legion of Doom
Lex Luthor
Cornelius "Gorilla" Grodd
Metallo (John Corben)
Livewire (Leslie Willis)
Giganta (Doris Zeul)
Sinestro (Evan Qward)
Parasite (Madame Vandal)
Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)

The Bat Family
Batman (Bruce Wayne)
Robin (Tim Drake)
Batgirl (Stephanie Brown)
Oracle (Barbara Gordon)

Last edited by Sojobo on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 44 times in total.

Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Sojobo's 3e Builds (Centaur Warchief from DotA)

Postby Sojobo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Bradwarden, the Centaur Warchief
PL8, 100pp

"Gifted with a tremendous body and an ever-growing fortitude, Bradwarden's courage is only matched by the size of his heart. Prophesied as a savior by the oracles of his tribe, Bradwarden is the living token of the allegiance of the centaurs to the Sentinel. He swings his axe with massive force, sometimes even hurting himself when doing so. The ground trembles every time he slams his hoof and his reflexes are impossible to surpass; allowing him to retaliate just after being attacked. Bradwarden has decided to fulfill his destiny, and he knows that the upcoming battle will become his ultimate challenge."

ABILITIES (24p):
Strength 4, Stamina 10, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 0

POWERS (50p):
Centaur Traits: Feature 1 (quadriped), Growth 4 (Innate, Permanent), Speed 2 • 11p
Great Fortitude: Impervious Protection 10 • 10p
Hoof Strike: Burst Area Affliction 8, Extra Condition, Limited Degree (Resisted by Fortitude, Dazed and Vulnerable, Prone and Stunned) • 16p
  • "Double Edged" Strike: Affliction 8, Extra Condition (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed and Vulnerable, Prone and Stunned, Asleep and Incapacitated; Side Effect: Same Affliction) linked to Damage 8 • 1p
Retaliatory Strike: Strength-based Damage 0, Reaction (When attacked) • 12p

EQUIPMENT
Axe: Strength-based Damage 3 – 3ep

ADVANTAGES (8p):
All-out Attack, Benefit: Centaur Warchief, Diehard, Equipment 1, Fearless, Great Endurance, Languages 2 (Common, Elven [Native: Centaurian])

SKILLS (8p, 16 ranks):
Athletics 2 (+6), Close Combat: Axe 2 (+6), Close Combat: Double Edge 4 (+8), Expertise (Natural Lore) 4 (+4), Perception 4 (+6)

OFFENSE
Initiative +0
Axe +6 (Close, Damage 7)
Double Edge +8 (Close, Damage 8)
Unarmed +4 (Close, Damage 4)

DEFENSE (10p):
Dodge 4, Parry 6
Toughness 10 (Impervious), Fortitude 10, Will 4

Abilities 24 + Advantages 8 + Defenses 10 + Powers 50 + Skills 8 = 100 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Enemy: The Scourge
Equine Body: Bradwarden's equine body needs special equipment
Motivation: Save his people from the Scourge
Reputation: Bradwarden is prophesied to be the saviour of the centaurs

Design Notes:
The very first hero I learned to play in DOTA, Centaur (as he is known) is designed to be a tank.

His first ability in the game is Hoof Strike, an AOE stun: here, his Hoof Strike is a short term Area Affliction.

His second ability was Double Edge, a short range nuke that did a lot of damage but also hurt you; in game, you'd count on the fact that you usually had more health than your opponents and use it to finish them off. It is basically Centaur hitting so hard he hurts himself. I made his "Double Edge" strike an AP off his his Hoof Strike, and I made it a Perception Affliction linked to Damage, at PL cap, to represent his finishing blow, and it always effects him as well (Side Effect).

His last ability was Return, an aura that damaged anything that attacked him (even ranged units!); here, its just a low level Reaction Damage 4, set to trigger whenever he is attacked.

His Ultimate was Great Fortitude, which just buffed his health considerably: here, his Impervious Toughness 10 and 10 Stamina represents Centaur's tankiness.

As for the rest of it, I borrowed from Prodigy Duck's centaur build and gave him the obvious centaur traits (size, 4 legs, etc.).
Last edited by Sojobo on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Sojobo's 3e Builds (Centaur Warchief from DotA)

Postby Sojobo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:29 pm

Image by kunkka, via DeviantArt

Traxex, the Drow Ranger
PL8, 100pp

"Traxex was a skilled archer in her oppressive underground homeland, the Underdark, until she grew sick of her kin's evil ways and fled to the surface world. As a part of her resolution, she joined the Sentinel, bringing her excellent marksmanship to the fray. Some of her abilities include stripping magical beings of their voices, and enchanting her arrows with an icy cold. While such powers are valuable, her true origin will never cease to linger around in the judging eyes of others."

ABILITIES (24p):
Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 4, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 1

POWERS (23p):
Arcane Archery
  • Silencing Arrow: Broad, Simultaneous, Ranged Weaken (Magical Effects) 8, Resisted by Will, Easily Removable (Bow) • 20p
  • Frost Arrows: Ranged Affliction 8, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Easily Removable (Bow) (Resisted by Fortitude; Hindered and Impaired, Disabled and Immobile, Incapacitated and Paralyzed) • 1p
Drow Traits: Senses (Darkvision) • 2p

EQUIPMENT
Bow: Ranged Damage 4 – 8ep
Leather Armor: Protection 2 - 2ep

ADVANTAGES (20p):
Attractive, Defensive Roll 4, Equipment 2, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Bow),
Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 (Ranged, Cover and Concealment), Quick Draw, Skill Mastery (Ranged Combat – Bow), Uncanny Dodge, Takedown, Teamwork

SKILLS (18p, 36 ranks):
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Deception 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+6), Stealth 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Arcane Archery 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Bow 10 (+12)

OFFENSE
Initiative +8
Frost Arrow (Arcane Archery) +8 (Ranged)
Silence Arrow (Arcane Archery) +8 (Ranged)
Bow +12 (Ranged, Damage 4 / 19-20)
Unarmed +2 (Close, Damage 0)

DEFENSE (15p):
Dodge 9, Parry 7
Toughness 7, Fortitude 1, Will 6

Abilities 24 + Advantages 20 + Defenses 15 + Powers 23 + Skills 18 = 100 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Enemy: Evil Drow, The Scourge
Prejudice: Drow

Design Notes:
Decided to go with an agility hero; in Dota, Drow is one of those heroes that is weak early on in the game, but if allowed to progress unmolested (known as farming), she becomes insanely powerful.

Her first in game ability is Frost Arrow, an annoying ability that turns her normal ranged attack into a snare, dramatically slowing movement speed and attack speed. It was nearly impossible to simply run away from her if she ever snuck up on you. Here, it is an Affliction.

Her second ability was an AOE Silence, which prevented people from using any abilities for a short time. In the context of a fantasy world (not a computer game), I decided to make it a Weaken Magical Effects, and make it only affect the single target she hits, simply cuz I'm not sure how to make a sustained Nullify effect... maybe Cloud Area? It makes the power awfully expensive, though. Any suggestions on this? I APed it to her Frost Arrow to save points, calling the whole thing Arcane Archery.

Her last ability was Trueshot Aura, which increased her (and her allies) ranged damage, and her Ultimate was Marksmanship, which passively increased her Agility rather dramatically. (and therefore her attack speed and damage) Since the net effect of these abilities was ZOMGWTF DAMAGE (and auras were designed to give Heroes team value, not necessary in the context of M&M), I just bought a lot of Ranged Combat Skill and a bunch of Feats to represent her meanness with a bow. Its pretty much impossible for her to miss (at least in the context of this DOTA world), with Power Attack she can pile on the hurt.

EDIT: Made the Arcane Archery array easily removable (she needs her bow and arrows, and all) and with the saved points gave her Takedown and upped her defenses a bit.
Last edited by Sojobo on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Sojobo's 3e DotA Builds (Centaur, Drow)

Postby Sojobo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:11 am

Pugna, the Oblivion
PL8, 100pp

"Forcefully raised from the dead with little memory of his former self, Pugna is truly a terrible sight to behold. Retaining traces of necromantic magic, this shamble of bones finds sadistic pleasure in temporarily sending his enemies into a tormented dimension and greeting their return with a blast of unholy energy. Those who survived an encounter with the horror often recount with fearful eyes of how the Oblivion literally drains life from his enemies, giving him a brief, but satisfying, taste of the living."

ABILITIES (0p):
Strength 0, Stamina -, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 1, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 0

POWERS (64p):
Undead: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Regeneration 1 • 31p
Necromantic Spells
  • Decrepify Attack: Ranged Affliction 10, Cumulative (Resisted by Will; Hindered, Immobile, Transformed: Insubstantial) • 30p
  • Decrepify: Insubstantial 4 • 1p
  • Life Drain: Ranged, Concentration Weaken Stamina 6, Reaction Healing 4, Self Only, Temporary (Resisted by Fortitude; Reaction: When Weaken hits a target) • 1p
  • Nether Blast: Area Burst Ranged Damage 8 • 1p
Nether Ward: Protection 4, Ranged Reaction Damage 4 (When someone in range uses a Magic effect), Senses (Ranged, Extended Detect Magic [Mental]), Easily Removable • 17 p

ADVANTAGES (2p):
All-Out Attack, Power Attack

SKILLS (5p, 10 ranks):
Ranged Combat: Necromantic Spells 9 (+10)

OFFENSE
Initiative +1
Decrepify Attack +6 (Ranged)
Life Drain +10 (Ranged)
Unarmed +1 (Close, Damage 0)

DEFENSE (12p):
Dodge 5, Parry 6
Toughness 4, Fortitude -, Will 5

Abilities 0 + Advantages 2 + Defenses 12 + Powers 81 + Skills 5 = 100 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Enslaved: Servant of the Scourge
Motivation: Kill the living

Design Notes:
Since I had a DotA Strength and Agility hero, for the Scourge I picked one of my favorite iconic Intelligence heroes, Pugna, an animated skeletal mage who has a number of necromantic spells. He's undead, so fort immunities seemed appropriate, as were low ability scores; he was also a bit of a glass cannon, so offensively he's near PL, but defensively he's rather fragile.

His first ability in game was Nether Blast, a spammable area nuke that did quite a bit of damage: that was a straightforward Ranged Area Burst Damage effect.

His second ability, Decrepify, was a bit harder to model. It was a debuff you could put on your enemies or allies, putting them in a ghost form that made them untargetable by physical attacks and unable to attack, but made them take extra spell damage. Usually you'd Decrepify someone who was attacking you, then blast them; sometimes you'd Decrepify an ally that was being physically attacked to save them. Here, with Shadowchaser's suggestion, I just simplified it and made an Affliction that progressively slowed, then unsubstantiated a target and ignored the bonus damage aspect, and made a personal Insubstantial an alternate power.

His third ability was Nether Ward, a totem pole like thing that he'd drop in a location. Anyone within a large radius of it that used any in game ability would get zapped, taking damage proportional to the manacost of the ability they used; there would also be this lightning animation from the Ward that would let you know where the enemy caster was. I just modeled it as Ranged Reaction Damage that was triggered whenever someone cast a magic spell, and gave it some Detect Magic senses.

Pugna's Ultimate ability was Life Drain: Pugna would stop moving and start damaging someone as long as they stayed near you (or until you got stunned), which would also heal you. The usual combo would be to Decrepify someone (which slowed them so they couldn't get out of range), then Life drain them. Here, its a Weaken Stamina that keeps ticking as long as he Concentrates, and also a Self Heal that triggers when the Weaken hits.

EDIT: Made the Nether Ward a Device, since it wasn't really mundane enough to count as Equipment. Rolled his Protection into it, but had to shave some of Pugna's defenses to do it... defensively he's in line with CM, which is to say pretty fragile, as it should be.
Last edited by Sojobo on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: Sojobo's 3e DotA Builds (Centaur, Drow, Pugna)

Postby Shadowchaser » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:39 am

Sweet builds, Sojobo!

I'd love to see a 'playtest' writeup showing how they fight when facing each other. :)

Of course, you'll probably need some minions for cannon fodder first.
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Sojobo's 3e DotA Builds (Centaur, Drow, Pugna)

Postby Sojobo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:39 am

Rylai Crestfall, the Crystal Maiden
PL8, 100pp

"Adept in the manipulation of frost and ice, Rylai is the very image of elegeance and grace. Trained by a renegade wizard deep in the heart of Winterspring, Rylai brings to the Sentinel her prowess in the arts of magic. With a vast arsenal of spells, she wreaks havoc upon her foes - be it with powerful blasts of frost to send them fleeing in panic, or be it by rendering them immobile in ice. Her foes tremble in fear as the ground beneath implodes in mighty novas of frost in a dazzling array, obliterating all who dare oppose her."

ABILITIES (20p):
Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 0, Intellect 5, Awareness 2, Presence 1

POWERS (46p):
Brilliance Aura: Affect Others Mental Quickness 3 • 3p
Cryomancy:
  • Freezing Field: Environment 6 (Selective, Extreme Cold, -2 Speed) • 30p
  • Frostbite: Perception, Progressive Affliction 6 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Paralyzed) • 1p
Crestfall Staff: Affect Others Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold), Crystal Nova: Ranged Damage 6, Protection 4, Easily Removable • 12p

ADVANTAGES (4p):
Artificer, Eidetic Memory, Favored Environment: Extreme Cold, Ritualist, Teamwork

SKILLS (9p, 20 ranks):
Expertise: Magic 6 (+11), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Crystal Nova 4 (+6)

OFFENSE
Initiative +1
Crystal Nova +6 (Ranged, Damage +6)

DEFENSE (20p):
Dodge 6, Parry 6
Toughness 4, Fortitude 4, Will 8

Abilities 20 + Advantages 4 + Defenses 20 + Powers 46 + Skills 10 = 100 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation: Stop the Scourge

Design Notes:
The Crystal Maiden (CM) is a support hero, not really a damage dealer but useful for disabling and slowing enemies; and in group fights, she could activate her ultimate, Freezing Field, which could do quite a bit of damage (and could quickly pollute your computer screen with exploding ice animations, making it hard to tell what the heck was going on).

Her first ability is Crystal Nova, which was a standard nuke that slowed enemies in Dota; here, its just her main attack power, a blast of icy cold. She isn't really a damage dealer so I kept it at 6, and kept it out of her main Cryomancy array.

Her passive aura ability is Brilliance Aura, which globally increased all her allies' mana regeneration. This has no counterpart in M&M, so instead I made it a Mental Quickness that she can bestow upon others.

CM's third ability is Frostbite, encasing an enemy in a block of ice to disable them, which lends itself easily to a Progressive Affliction. Its arrayed to her ultimate, Freezing Field, which I've interpreted to be an Environmental Control effect, letting her blanket an area with extreme cold and icy conditions for half a mile around her. She's the master of cold, so while in her own winter land her Favored Environment kicks in.

To round her out I gave her an heirloom staff (just made it up to make her Protection and bestowable cold immunity cheaper), and magic aptitude in the form of Eidetic Memory, Ritualist, and Artificer. Didn't give her Attractive because she doesn't strike me as someone who would really be into social interaction: she IS an ice queen.

EDIT: Made Crystal Nova a power of the Crestfall Staff and upped CM's defenses a bit.
Last edited by Sojobo on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Sojobo's 3e Warcraft 3 DotA Builds (Crystal Maiden)

Postby Saltcrow » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:45 am

Mmm, I love them. Keep them coming XD

Edit:

To handle Traxex's Trueshot Aura, could you have used Teamwork advantage by any chance? That's how I see most Aura-effects are: a collection of advantages such as Inspire/Leadership/Teamwork. Selective Burst Area Affects Others effects are just too bulky and messy for my tastes.

Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sojobo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:11 am

Teamwork sounds like a good way to model a lot of the "plays well with others" heroes. I also noticed I went over Defensive caps with Drow (her dodge was too high), so adjusted that and gave her Teamwork.

I also don't like how CM's cold immunity works... I'm going to see if I can adjust that and also give her Teamwork.

Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Sojobo's 3e Warcraft 3 DotA Builds (Phantom Assassin)

Postby Sojobo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Mortred, the Phantom Assassin
PL8, 100pp

"Born into the reclusive Night Elf order known as the Wardens and shunned by mainstream Night Elf society, Mortred pledged allegiance to the Scourge to take revenge. A perfect blend of strength and speed, the years spent alone in the forests of Ashenvale allowed her to blend into the terrain, appearing phantomlike at times and striking when you least expect it. The deadly precision with which she carries out her attacks has made her a valuable member of the Scourge, and it is clear why she is known as the Phantom Assassin."

ABILITIES (32p):
Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 4, Dexterity 0, Fighting 10, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 0

POWERS (24p):
Blur: Blending Partial Concealment, All Visual • 2p
Coup de Grace: Enhanced Feats: Improved Critical 4 (Assassin's Blade), All-Out Attack, Power Attack • 6p
Phantom Speed: Speed 1, Teleport 4 (Change Direction & Velocity, Turnabount) • 8p
Phantom Strike: Multiattack Damage 4, Accurate, Easily Removable (Req: Assassin's Blade) • 7p
  • Stifling Daggers: Ranged Affliction 4, Accurate, Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Easily Removable (Resisted by Fortitude; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized) • 1p

EQUIPMENT
Assassin's Blade: Damage 4, Accurate • 5ep

ADVANTAGES (19p):
Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Favored Foe: Night Elves, Improved Critical 4 (Assassin's Blade), Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 (Close, Cover/Concealment), Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

SKILLS (16p, 32 ranks):
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 8 (+10), Ranged Combat: Stifling Dagger 10 (+12), Stealth 4 (+8)

OFFENSE
Initiative +4
Assassin's Blade +12 (Close, Damage 4 / Crit 16-20)
Phantom Strike +12 (Close, Multiattack Damage 4)
Stifling Dagger +12 (Ranged)
Unarmed +12 (Close, Damage 0)

DEFENSE (9p):
Dodge 8, Parry 10
Toughness 4, Fortitude 5, Will 2

Abilities 32 + Advantages 19 + Defenses 9 + Powers 24 + Skills 16 = 100 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Enemy: The Sentinel, Night Elves
Obsession: Revenge

Design Notes:
PA, perhaps the most annoying hero in all of DotA. Like Drow, she'd become insanely powerful if you ignored her, hitting insanely hard (one-shotting weaker heroes) and being difficult to hurt because of her mobility and Blur (or even SEE or CLICK on, because Blur would make her unit model INVISIBLE). She was weak early on and if you could gang up on her, however, but she was still annoying to deal with. I modeled her with lots of Fighting and tons of feats, a stealth based martial artist.

Her first ability is Stifling Dagger, a spammable slow that was her main chasing ability; here, its a Removable Affliction, similar to Batman's bolos.

Her second ability was Phantom Strike, which was a spammable Blink Strike that teleported you to your enemy and gave you increased attack speed. I broke it up into a Speed and Teleport component for her mobility and a Multiattack damage effect for the strike itself; the Stifling Daggers are AEd off the Phantom Strike.

Her third, most annoying ability was Blur, which gave her a flat percent chance to evade physical attacks and made her unit model transparent to enemies (REALLY FREAKING HARD TO NOTICE HER IN GROUP FIGHTS, ahem). The fluff describes it as blending into her environment, so Blending Concealment it is. Since she isn't actually invisible, I made it Partial Concealment, which still forces a -2 to attack her which doesn't factor into her PL.

Her ultimate was Coup de Grace, which gave her a relatively high percent chance to do 4x damage: here, she's got maxed out crit range on her Assassin's blade, and can convert her high Defense or Attack into more Damage. She hits often, and often will hit hard.

To fluff out the rest of her, I gave her feats and skills appropriate for a revenge obsessed assassin, including Night Elves as a favored enemy and Takedown 2. Defensively she's hard to hit but easy to take out if you can pin her down, but before that she's sure to make her presence known. And if she gets the drop on you, good luck.
Last edited by Sojobo on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:20 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sojobo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:04 pm

image by frv10135, via DeviantArt

Knight Davion, the Dragon Knight
PL8, 100pp

"Abandoned and forsaken as a child, the Half-bred Dragon Davion sought refuge from the evils of the world, and from the uncontrollable power growing within himself. His search led him to the doorstep of a mighty Druid, who taught him to tap into the massive energies that lay concealed in his blood - a tribute to his ancient Draconian heritage. A master swordsman, Davion smites his foes in his raging frenzy - transforming at will into an Elder Dragon of destructive fiery rage to crush all those that threaten to vanquish his new home."

ABILITIES (30p):
Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 4, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 0

POWERS (36p):
Draconic Plate Armor: Protection 5, Removable • 4p
Dragon's Blood: Regeneration 5 • 5p
"Dragon Tail" Strike: Strength-based Damage 3 linked to Affliction 6 (Resistable by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated) • 9p
Scion of the Dragon: Metamorph 1 (Dragon Form), Cone Area Damage 6 [Fire] • 18p

EQUIPMENT
Sword: Strength-based damage 3 • 3ep

ADVANTAGES (10p):
All-out Attack, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment 1, Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Interpose, Quick Draw, Weapon Bind

SKILLS (6p, 12 ranks):
Close Combat: "Dragon Tail" Strike 2 [+6] Close Combat: Sword 2 [+6], Expertise: Tactics 4 [+5], Expertise: Draconic Lore 4 [+5], Perception 4 [+6]

OFFENSE
Initiative +1
Dragon Tail Strike +6 (Close, Damage 6)
Sword +6 (Close, Damage 6)
Unarmed +4 (Close, Damage 3)

DEFENSE (18p):
Dodge 6, Parry 8
Toughness 8, Fortitude 8, Will 5

Abilities 30 + Advantages 10 + Defenses 18 + Powers 36 + Skills 6 = 100 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Involuntary Transformation: Into dragon form when angry
Relationship: Love/hate thing going on with Lina Inverse
Motivation: Find out more about his Heritage, Defend his home

Dragon Form

ABILITIES (16p):
Strength 7, Stamina 6, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 0

POWERS (59p):
Draconic Physiology: Growth 6 (Innate, Permanent), Immunity 5 (Fire), Impervious Toughness 8, Protection 2 • 28 points
Dragon's Breath: Cone Area Damage 8 • 16p
Dragon Senses: Senses 4 (Darkvision, Extended Vision, Low-Light Vision) • 4p
Scion of the Dragon: Metamorph 1 (Human Form) • 6p
Wings: Flight 5 (60 mph; Wings) • 5 points

SKILLS (8p, 16 ranks):
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 [+8], Expertise: Tactics 4 [+5], Expertise: Draconic Lore 4 [+5], Perception 4 [+6]

OFFENSE
Initiative +0
Unarmed +8 (Close, Damage 7)

DEFENSE (15p):
Dodge 2, Parry 6
Toughness 8 (Impervious), Fortitude 8, Will 5

Abilities 18 + Advantages 0 + Defenses 15 + Powers 59 + Skills 8 = 100 Total

Design Notes:
When Dota players say DK, they don't mean Donkey Kong; they mean Dragon Knight. A tank just like Centaur, except DK relied on high armor and high regeneration, and he could eventually transform into a dragon with increased offensive capabilities.

His Dragon's Breath cone nuke and Dragon's Tail stunning ability were straightforward conversions. His last ability, Dragon's Blood, buffed his in game armor and regeneration rate, also pretty straightforward conversions: instead of giving him high Toughness like Centaur, I felt it was more appropriate to give him some defensive feats to represent his skill as a swordsman.

His defining, ultimate ability is to transform into a variety of dragons (green dragon to spit acid on buildings, red to do AOE damage, and a blue dragon that slowed): for simplicity, I just gave him the Metamorph power, allowing him to transform into a single red dragon form. I'm a little unhappy how the red dragon form came out, given how few pp I allowed myself, but it seems fair: he trades defenses and combat options (advantages) and his regeneration for increased size, impervious protection, and flight. I'm probably going to come back to this and see if I can tweak that dragon.

All in all, he pretty much sits at PL6 in all categories but doesn't have any single real weakness, just like DK in DotA, who was always reliable but (given equal player skill) wasn't a combat monster like Drow or PA.
Last edited by Sojobo on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Sojobo's 3e Warcraft 3 DotA Builds (P. Assassin, D. Knight)

Postby Sojobo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Squee, Spleen, and Spoon, the Goblin Techies

"Devilishly clever, the goblin techies, despite their small physical presence, are a force to be reckoned with. In line with their goblin brethren, the techies have the skill of laying mines in the earth, invisible to the naked eye. Also, after extensive training with the Orcish voodoo priests of Kalimdor, the Techies are adept at laying paralysis-inducing traps along with their potent explosives. Wary be the foe who takes these three lightly."

Squee
PL8, 75pp

ABILITIES (4p):
Strength -2, Stamina 0, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting -2, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

POWERS (40p):
Mortar Combat: Area Burst Ranged Damage 4 • 12p
Proximity Sensors: Remote Senses 10 (4 miles, Detect Proximity), Medium (Land Mines, Stasis Trap) • 5p
Remote Mine Sensors: Remote Senses 10 (4 miles, Visual), Medium (Remote Mines) • 10p
"Suicide Squad, Attack!": Area Burst Damage 8, Side Effect (Always, Damage 8) linked Area Burst Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; Side Effect [Always, Same Affliction]) • 8p
Terrorist Tendencies: Improvised Tools, Quickness 12, Only Making Explosives • 5p

EQUIPMENT
Land Mines: Area Burst Ranged Damage 6, Triggered (Proximity) • 19ep
Stasis Trap: Area Burst Ranged Affliction 6, Triggered (Proximity, Resisted by Will; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated) • 19ep
Remote Mine: Area Burst Ranged Damage 8, Triggered (Activation) • 25ep

ADVANTAGES (21p):
Equipment 13, Inventor, Minions 5, Skill Mastery [Demolitions], Ultimate Effort [Demolitions]

SKILLS (10p, 20 ranks):
Expertise: Demolitions 10 [+10], Perception 10 [+10]

OFFENSE
Initiative +3
Unarmed -2 (Close, Damage -2)

DEFENSE:
Dodge 3, Parry -2
Toughness 0, Fortitude 0, Will 0

Abilities 4 + Advantages 21 + Defenses 0 + Powers 40 + Skills 10 = 75 Total

Spleen
PL8, 70pp Minion

Identical to Squee in every way, but without Minions 5

Spoon (the guy in the TNT barrel)
PL8, 5pp Minion

ABILITIES (-4p):
Strength -2, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

POWERS (8p):
"Suicide Squad, Attack!": Area Burst Damage 8, Side Effect (Always, Damage 8) linked Area Burst Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; Side Effect [Always, Same Affliction]) • 8p

EQUIPMENT
TNT Barrel Armor: Protection 10 • 10ep

ADVANTAGES (2p):
Equipment 2

OFFENSE
Initiative +0
Unarmed 0 (Close, Damage -2)

DEFENSE:
Dodge -1, Parry 0
Toughness 10, Fortitude 0, Will 0

Abilities -4 + Advantages 2 + Defenses -1 + Powers 8 = 5 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Insane
Obssession: Blowing things up

Design Notes:
A build I came up with in 15 minutes, just for fun. And thats what the Techies are, tons of fun. While generally considered to be a "stupid" hero, the Techies, in the hands of a savvy player, could wreak some crazy havoc in DotA, wracking up lots of kills against stupid enemies and otherwise frustrating the opposing team. They were very very weak, very very slow, so if attacked the Techies were pretty much dead (unless they managed to suicide).

Techies are all about laying traps (Stasis Wards) and mines (Land Mines); these are all Equipment, and Area Ranged Damage or Afflictions with Triggered. None of them are arrayed, since doing so would prevent the Techies from using all their abilities at once, which is what the Techies are about: overkill. I'm fairly certain they can lay as many of these mines as they wish, as long as they take a standard action per location... Not actually sure, though.

Since Trigger requires "your" senses, I gave Techies a limited Remote Senses to detect anything coming near their devices. The Remote Mines were Techies ultimate ability, which allowed him to activate them or not: usually, a Techies player would lay a ton in an area he KNEW the enemy would go to (a shop or path to a base, say), then wait till a few enemies congregated and then blow them sky high.

And, yes, the Techies can Suicide, blowing themselves and anyone near them to smithereens. Woe to the poor chucklehead who was the first death in a game as a result of a Techies suiciding themselves for the greater good (and extra money from the kill).

Since there are three of them, I made Squee the leader, with Spleen bought as a near identical minion. Both are genius demolitions inventors, and can jury rig explosives in no time at all (Quickness), even out of common household ingredients (Improvised Tools)! Spoon was the guy carrying around the giant barrel of TNT: he can't do much, but he's super tough, so he'll probably be the last Techies standing... long enough to blow himself up.
Last edited by Sojobo on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Saltcrow » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:42 pm

On Mortred:
-Holy macaroni, 4 ranks of Imp. Crit! I like it. Just on Phantom Strike/Stifling Daggers though: would you consider replacing Easily Removable flaw with perhaps Medium: Requires a weapon? It does the same thing but it's cheaper (by 2 points, I believe) and more flexible.

On Knight Davion:
-An apt use of Metamorph! So he does need to assume his Dragon Form to reach his full potential, being a PL 6 offensively w/o it. Very nice.

On Techies:
-Mmm, looks squishy! Just like how I like my Techies. They're pretty slow to run too; so unless they have a mine field somewhere along the way, I don't see they'll escape a direct confrontation with an enemy hero.
-Since it's just a game-balance thing, I'm quite happy to see that you didn't have Selective extra on his explosives.
-I'm not a fan of Minions advantage at all, but it does allow the character to do things that in the actual DotA game can't do I suppose.

Edit: All in all, KEEP THEM COMING!!

Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sojobo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Re: Mortred:

I don't see the Medium flaw for Afflictions or Damage, so I don't know how much of a PP reduction it would be; I only remember seeing it for effects like Teleport or Remote Sensing.

I'm also thinking I should make PA's concealment only partial: she isn't exactly invisible, just hard to pinpoint. Partial concealment imposes a -2 penalty to other's attacks, so it doesn't effect her defensive PL; combined with her high active defenses anyway, it should better represent her evasion and WTF-I-can't-click-on-her-ness. True invisibility I want to reserve for other heroes, yet to come.

Re: DK:

I'm still not 100% satisfied with the dragon, but we can say his lack of options in dragon form reflects his inexperience being one.

Re: Techies:

They were just a joke build; I tried building them in 15 minutes or less. And yes, in a straight up fight (just like in DOTA) the Techies are dead: they are supposed to prepare ahead of time and lay a gauntlet of mines and traps all over the place, so in an actual M&M game they are definitely better off as NPC's. As for the Minions thing, I just wanted a way to get all three of them in without using Duplication, and since Minions get KO'd so easily I decided on them instead of Sidekicks. This way, Squee and Spleen can both lay traps, and hopefully Spoon will survive (thanks to his barrel armor) long enough to blow himself up. And OF COURSE I'm not going to use Selective, lol! Explosives hit everyone indiscriminately.

Sojobo
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sojobo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:54 am

Pudge, the Butcher
PL8, 100pp

"An undead behemoth seemingly impervious to even the most potent magic, this starving abomination roams the battlefield, continually in search of unwary prey. It is said his victims catch only a glimpse of his monstrous frame as they are dragged through the shadows, bleeding profusely as a jagged hook etches deeper in their flesh. Wails of agony echo in the distance, only to be drowned out by the Butcher's maniacal laughter as he severs their limp bodies with his great maw. Unspeakable horrors ensue in a deathly silence, a dreadful omen for what is to come."

ABILITIES (2p):
Strength 4, Stamina 8, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 2, Intellect -2, Awareness 1, Presence 0

POWERS (60p):
Devour: Grab Based Weaken Stamina 10, Reaction Self Healing 5 (When target Weakened) • 25p
  • Meat Hook: Ranged Concentration Affliction 8, Extra Condition, Instant Recovery, Limited Degree (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed and Impaired, Disabled and Stunned) linked to Move Object 8, Only Towards Pudge • 1p
Flesh Heap: Enhanced Stamina 4, Extra Limbs 1, Growth 4 (Permanent, Innate), Immunity 20 (Magic Effects, Limited to Half Effect) • 28p
Rot: Cloud Area Sustained Affliction 6, Extra Condition, Limited Degree 2 (Resisted by Fortitude; Fatigued and Impaired; Side Effect (Always): Damage 6) • 6p

Equipment:
Meat Cleavers: Strength-based Damage 3 • 3ep

ADVANTAGES (4p):
Chokehold, Equipment 1, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Startle

SKILLS (13p, 26 ranks):
Close Combat: Meat Cleavers 4 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6), Close Combat: Grab 5 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 1 (+2), Ranged Combat: Meat Hook 6 (+6)

OFFENSE
Initiative +0
Grab +10
Meat Cleavers +6 (Close, Damage 7)
Meat Hook +6 (Ranged)
Unarmed +6 (Close, Damage 4)

DEFENSE (20p):
Dodge 6, Parry 6
Toughness 8, Fortitude 8, Will 5

Abilities 2 + Advantages 4 + Defenses 20 + Powers 60 + Skills 14 = 100 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Hunger: Fresh meeaaaat!
Stitched Anatomy: Sometimes parts just fall off

Design Notes:
Ahhh, Pudge: one of the most difficult to play but incredibly fun DotA heroes. He was a Frankenstein monster, an abomination of various corpses stitched together. His signature skill was Meat Hook, which he could throw out to insane distances in any direction and the first thing he hit with it was dragged right into his clutches. He would then activate his second skill, Rot, a cloud of disease that did a lot of damage to both Pudge and anyone around him, and also slowed them, making it hard for them to escape. To keep them in the Rot, he would also Devour them, his ultimate ability, stunning them in place, damaging them, and (with the right upgrade items) healing himself. It would also play a sound effect "AHHH FRESH MEAT" that every player would hear, so you knew immediately some hapless fool just got eaten. His passive Flesh Heap skill boosted his strength and HP's whenever he killed anything, and made him resistant to his own Rot and magic damage in general.

Here, Meat Hook is a Move Object effect, linked to a stunning Affliction (to better keep the poor victims in Pudge's grasp).

Rot is a sustained Area Affliction that slows his victims, but using it hurts him; its Cloud area allows it to linger so he doesn't need to keep it on ALL the time.

His Devour requires Pudge to grab his (now close) meal, and if he succeeds in taking a bite out of them (weaken stamina), he can heal himself. I think I got the Grab mechanics down... I'm just not sure what things are PL limited (I'm assuming grab attack + grab effect = PLx2). His Flesh Heap represents his gigantically gruesome physiology, and since Magic is a pretty common effect in a fantasy setting, it increased the cost of his Limited Immunity.
Last edited by Sojobo on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Sojobo's 3e DotA Builds (Goblin Techies, Pudge)

Postby Saltcrow » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:55 am

Wow, scary Pudge! As he should be too.

On Grab rules: yep, sounds about right. Because the opponent makes a resistance bonus against a set DC to begin with, it's capped by PL now.

On his Meat hook: Hmm, since Move Object is Concentration in duration, I'd say linked Affliction should be as well. Chuck an Instant Recovery flaw to balance it out and it'll be fine!

On his combat capacities: Hmm, no gigantic cleaver of a sword for him? I suppose he can't make use of Fast Grab then... but if I were to build him I'd give him a lot tad accuracy in Meat Hook (just because I could never aim it properly) and make him a better melee combatant.
But then again, there's no such constraints as MPs or Cooldowns limiting his use of skills, so one could easily interpret his Devour ability as his primary mode of attack along with occasional Rot (which it actually is...)

Anyhow, yet another brilliant build Sojobo. If I may request a specific character, I'd love to see your rendition of Strygwyr the Bloodseeker sometime soon.

Edit: I like Nerubian Weaver (Time Lapse = Luck advantage?) and Morphling too. No pressure though. Just keep them in the back of your mind when you run out of things to do. Heh.

Return to “Roll Call”