LoL 3e: More Champs! Udyr, Maokai, and Nunu!

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Re: LoL 3e: More Champs! Udyr, Maokai, and Nunu!

Postby Saltcrow » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Heh, I tried my hand in building my favourite(-est) character in the game. I don't know why she came out so cheap (and her Etwahl isn't even easily removable) but I think the build in general has enough of "me" in it so I feel I've done her justice in that aspect.

"OMG she's so hot" - Me
Sona Buvelle the Maven of the Strings- the League of Legends; PL 10

Abilities
Str -1/Sta 1/Agi 2/Dex 1/Fgt 1/Int 3/Awe 3/Pre 5
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Powers
Etwahl: removable [-10pp]- [39pp]
    Magical Chords array: 42-points array- [46pp]
      Hymn of Valor (Active): perception-range selective burst area Damage 10 limited to two targets, auditory dependent, close distance;
      ••Hymn of Valor (Passive): selective burst area affects others enhanced Penetrating [primary damaging power] 5, quirk [target must be able to hear the music; -1pp]
      Aria of Perseverance (Active): selective burst area healing 8 limited to two targets, quirk [target must be able to hear the music; -1pp];
      ••Aria of Perseverance (Passive): selective burst area affects others Impervious Toughness 5, quirk [target must be able to hear the music; -1pp]
      Song of Celerity: selective burst area affects others Enhanced Acrobatics 14 (+16/varies), quirk [target must be able to hear the music; -1pp] linked selective burst area affects others Enhanced Advantages 3 (Agile Feint, Evasion, Improved Initiative) quirk [target must be able to hear the music; -1pp] linked selective burst area affects others Speed 1, quirk [target must be able to hear the music; -1pp]
      Crescendo: selective line area Affliction 10 (Will; dazed/compelled [dance]/controlled [dance]) limited to dancing, auditory dependent linked selective line area Damage 10
    Power Chord: add the following effects as AEs off the main array- [3pp]
      Power Chord: ranged damage 6, accurate 4; linked:
      ••Staccato: ranged damage 2, unreliable [works only once per 3 rounds]
      ••Diminuendo: ranged Weaken Damage 8, unreliable [works only once per 3 rounds]
      ••Tempo: ranged Affliction 8 (Will; dazed and hindered), limited degrees x2, extra condition, unreliable [works only once per 3 rounds]
Mental Link: senses 1 (mental communication link to the Summoner)- 1pp
Skills: expertise: music 15 (+20), insight 5 (+8), perception 2 (+5), ranged combat: power chord 3 (+12), treatment 1 (+4)
Advantages: attractive 3, benefit [status: famous musician], defensive roll 7, fascinate [expertise: music], inspire 3, skill mastery [expertise: music]
Defences
Tough +8/+5* vulnerable, Fort +7, Will +13
Dodge +12; Parry +9; Initiative +2
Offence
Atk +12 power chord, ranged, damage 6[8 Staccato] plus Diminuendo/Tempo
Atk Dodge DC 20 Hymn of Valor, burst-area [selective; limited to two targets], damage 10
Atk Dodge DC 20 Crescendo, line area [selective], Will DC 20 AND damage 10
Complications
disability: Sona is described as "soundless" and cannot speak.
fame: she's an accomplished muscian.
Total abilties 30 + powers 40 + skills 14 + advantages 16 + defences 34 = 134pp

Design Notes:

-I present you- Sona the Maven of the Strings! She's from the League of Legends the game. She came out a LOT cheaper than I estimated and I'm keep expecting to have a major calculation mistake to pop up anytime soon... But as now, one can happily remove the Removable flaw (heh) and up her Parry score to the PL-appropriate level to use up most of the spare points.

-the main problem with the Song of Celerity is that chasing (and by extension movement speed) doesn't tend to play as major a role in M&M as it does in LoL. It means that unless under truly exceptional circumstances, no player would choose to activate an Affects Others Speed effect instead of other more combat-oriented effects within the same array. However, the movement speed in LoL not only provides the obvious advantage in pursuit scenes, it also translates to a better unit control in general and a chance to avoid AoE effects by moving out of its range. So instead of making this skill a literal translation of the ingame uses, I decided to use my personal interpretation of the effect by making it an enhanced Acrobatics effect with Agile Feint, to show how people can easily outmanoeuvre the enemy teams into more advantageous positions (for the team).

-I don't care if the third rank of Attractive isn't covered by the book.

-I've never been a big fan of complex builds and I think this Sona build is about as complex as I'd ever get with my builds with all those extras and flaws smeared all over the powers.

Return to “Roll Call”