Cinder's DCA/3e to 2e Conversions

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Cinder
Hero
Hero

Cinder's DCA/3e to 2e Conversions

Postby Cinder » Sat May 28, 2011 12:17 pm

Hello all.

I have purchased the new DC Adventures in both PDF and Book format, but I have decided not to change over to the new edition. However, I have decided it would be nice to have unofficial official 2e conversions of the characters contained in the DCA. I have posted a question in the General Forum about this, but I will reiterate it here. Is this Kosher? Please let me know if this is in any way unacceptable and I will cease and desist.

I am going to wait a little while before I post anything just to be sure it is OK.
Last edited by Cinder on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Re: Cinder's 3e to 2e Conversions

Postby Cinder » Sat May 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Cinder wrote:Here is what I propose doing. Hopefully it will encourage anyone who was sticking with 2e to pick up DC Adventures and Heroes and Villains as well. With this, those books are fully useable in 2e.

Rules for Converting 3e/DCA characters to 2e Mutants and Masterminds

The Characters in this thread were converted from the D.C. Adventures system (DCA)to the Second Edition Mutants and Mastermind system (2e) using a method I developed for the process.

However, this has involved adopting some features from DCA. These are entirely optional and you do not need to adopt them to use these conversions.

Therefore this thread will, first, deal with the concepts that I used for my conversion method and, second, list and explain the additional rules I adopted from DCA.

Table of Contents:

Conversion:

Abilities.
Saves.
Combat.
Skills.
Powers.
Feats.

2.5 ed. Rules:

Affliction.
Athletics.
Dazzle.
Extraordinary Effort.
Fatigue.
Fearsome Presence.
Mind Control.
New Conditions.
Precise Strike.
Speed Feint.
Last edited by Cinder on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Sun May 29, 2011 10:59 am

Abilities:

This is pretty understandable to anyone who has played both systems. The bonus is changed to the corresponding D20 score that would produce that value.

For Example: An ability score of 0 is now 10 (+0) and a 20 is now 50 (+20).

Of course most Abilities are direct ports. Some abilities are more complicated.

Agility and Dexterity are one of the problems, since agility is overall physical coordination and Dexterity is manual dexterity. I use the average of the two (rounded up) as the "new" dexterity ability. My justification is that of the original characters in the DCAHHB only one has greater than a +2 difference between the two and half have the same ability.

For example Cheetah has a 7 Agility and a 4 Dexterity, so her 2e Dexterity is 22 (+6).

3e >>>>>> 2e
Strength >>> Strength
Stamina >>> Constitution
Dexterity >>> SEE ABOVE & COMBAT BELOW
Agility >>> SEE ABOVE
Fighting >>> SEE COMBAT BELOW
Intellect >>> Intelligence
Awareness >>> Wisdom
Presence >>> Charisma

Saves:

Will and Fortitude Saves are the same. Toughness is the same as well. Reflex equals the Dodge save.

Combat:

Defense is the average of the dodge and parry traits. In some cases where needed, just use some judgment as to what portion should be from Dodge Focus and what should be from purchased Defense Bonus.

Attack is the tricky part. Begin by looking at Fighting and Dexterity. The lower of these two is what the character should have in “straight” Attack Bonus. Next, look to the Advantages section of the character entry for Close Attack and Ranged Attack. If the character has these, it may be appropriate for them to have an equal number of ranks in Attack Focus (melee) and Attack Focus (ranged) respectively. Then look to the skills section for Close Combat and Ranged Combat. These should be replaced by Attack Specialization of the same type. However this does not always work out perfectly. Sometimes, for accuracy you must abandon buying any “straight” Attack Bonus at all to make the numbers work.

For example: In DCA Superman’s attacks are: Heat Vision +10, Unarmed +11, Any (other) Melee Attack +8, Any (other) Ranged Attack + 2. The conversion I did matches this.

However, in order to get the +11 Unarmed, I had to give him, +0 Attack Bonus, +7 Attack Focus (melee), and Attack Specialization (unarmed) 2.

Because the number 11 is odd and attack specialization gives bonuses in 2’s I had to use all Attack Focus and abandon “straight” Attack Bonus to get to 11. Otherwise one of the other numbers would have been inaccurate.
Last edited by Cinder on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Sun May 29, 2011 11:04 am

Skills:

To deal with either the close combat skill or the ranged combat skill see the combat section above. Any expertise skill becomes either knowledge or profession, or perhaps both. (See below for skills substitution.) The thing to remember is that you are going to have twice as many skill points to allocate to skills, so your 2e build may end up spending less points than the DCA version.

Acrobatics >> Same
Athletics >> Athletics*
Close Combat >> None
Deception >> Bluff, Disguise**
Expertise >> Knowledge or Profession, or Probably Both.
Insight >> Sense Motive
Intimidation >> Same
Investigation >> Investigation, Search, Gather Information
Perception >> Notice
Persuasion >> Diplomacy
Ranged Combat >> None
Sleight of Hand >> Sleight of Hand, Escape Artist
Stealth >> Same
Technology >> Knowledge: Technology, Craft: Electronics, Craft Mechanical, Disable Device, or Computers
Treatment >> Medicine
Vehicles >> Drive or Pilot, or Both

Note: It may be appropriate to give some characters Concentration as well as there is no corollary in 3e/DCA. a good number to use is the Will save. However, do not apply it to the chart below, merely give a bonus equal to the save.

*I have adopted the Athletics skill in my aforementioned 2.5ed version game. If you wish you can give the character ranks in all three skills: Climb, Ride and Swim.
** Give Disguise if appropriate, but keep in mind most of these people dress up as someone else for kicks.

How many Ranks?

When deciding how many ranks one should assign, keep in mind that there is a large difference in the number of skill points given per power point in both games. There is also a pretty decent disparity between the allowable maximum skill bonuses in both games. With this in mind I created a system for conversion that I think represents the capability of the DCA characters in the 2e system well.

For every PL there is a Max Bonus. These bonuses and therefore the difference between them changes based on PL:

PL >>> 2.5 ed. >>> DCA >>> Percentage Difference
1 >>>>> 11 >>>>> 12 >>>>> .91
2 >>>>> 12 >>>>> 14 >>>>> .85
3 >>>>> 13 >>>>> 16 >>>>> .81
4 >>>>> 14 >>>>> 18 >>>>> .77
5 >>>>> 15 >>>>> 20 >>>>> .75
6 >>>>> 16 >>>>> 22 >>>>> .72
7 >>>>> 17 >>>>> 24 >>>>> .71
8 >>>>> 18 >>>>> 26 >>>>> .69
9 >>>>> 19 >>>>> 28 >>>>> .68
10 >>>>> 20 >>>>> 30 >>>>> .66
11 >>>>> 21 >>>>> 32 >>>>> .66
12 >>>>> 22 >>>>> 34 >>>>> .65
13 >>>>> 23 >>>>> 36 >>>>> .64
14 >>>>> 24 >>>>> 38 >>>>> .63
15 >>>>> 25 >>>>> 40 >>>>> .63
16 >>>>> 26 >>>>> 42 >>>>> .62
17 >>>>> 27 >>>>> 44 >>>>> .61
18 >>>>> 28 >>>>> 46 >>>>> .61
19 >>>>> 29 >>>>> 48 >>>>> .60
20 >>>>> 30 >>>>> 50 >>>>> .60

The average difference of these is .69. So what I originally proposed that one multiply the bonus by 1.69, bu that seemed a bit much. Instead, use 1.5 as the multiple. This has two advantages. It less often results in max skills and the math is easier so it can be done on the fly. Here is the chart:

3rd ed. >>> 2.5 ed.
1 >>>>>>> 1
2 >>>>>>> 3
3 >>>>>>> 4
4 >>>>>>> 6
5 >>>>>>> 7
6 >>>>>>> 9
7 >>>>>>> 10
8 >>>>>>> 12
9 >>>>>>> 13
10 >>>>>>> 15
11 >>>>>>> 16
12 >>>>>>> 18
13 >>>>>>> 19
14 >>>>>>> 21
15 >>>>>>> 22
16 >>>>>>> 24
17 >>>>>>> 25
18 >>>>>>> 27
19 >>>>>>> 28
20 >>>>>>> 30
21 >>>>>>> 31
22 >>>>>>> 33
23 >>>>>>> 34
24 >>>>>>> 36
25 >>>>>>> 37

Not all increases will be possible, as the maximum ranks in 2e are a combination of independent skills and attribute caps, while DCA has one cap.

Example: Aquaman has an Athletics of 4 (14) in DCA. I look to the chart and 14 becomes a 21. Aquaman is going to have a +10 strength modifier in 2e as well, so he needs 11 ranks in 2e. This is well under a PL 12 character’s max ranks of 17. As for the cost, the ranks cost 3 power points, with 1 rank left over. DCA Aquaman’s lowly 4 ranks cost two points. In the end, He spends 27 points on them, whereas his DCA version spends 25. However, I must note that the entire build is “cheaper.” (DCA: 216 vs. 2e: 197)
Last edited by Cinder on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Sun May 29, 2011 11:10 am

Powers

NOTE: The Powers section is incomplete. I am sure there are other powers that do not directly port over. As I come across them, I will amend this section.

Strangely Powers are not as difficult to convert as one might think. Most powers have wholesale analogs in 2e, while the same is not true of DCA to 2e conversions.

Two major differences are Speed and Flight. On this chart, I simply looked at the mph of the power and made the equivalent the closest number (whether more or less).

3rd ed. >>> 2.5 ed.
1 >>>>> 1
2 >>>>> 1
3 >>>>> 2
4 >>>>> 2
5 >>>>> 3
6 >>>>> 4
7 >>>>> 5
8 >>>>> 6
9 >>>>> 7
10 >>>>> 8
11 >>>>> 9
12 >>>>> 10
13 >>>>> 10
14 >>>>> 11
15 >>>>> 12
16 >>>>> 13
17 >>>>> 14
18 >>>>> 15
19 >>>>> 16
20 >>>>> 17
21 >>>>> 18
22 >>>>> 18
23 >>>>> 19
24 >>>>> 20
25 >>>>> 21

For Quickness it is more difficult. Let’s use an example: Flash has Quickness 20. When one looks at the Measurements Table, one sees that the equivalent length of time is two months. An ordinary person takes 6 seconds to perform a full round action. In 2 months they go through about 864,000 full round actions.

6 seconds x 10 rounds = 1 minute (60 seconds)
60 seconds x 60 minutes = 3600 seconds,
3600 x 24 hours = 86,400 seconds
86,400 x 60 days = 5,184,000 seconds
5,184,000 % 6 = 864,000

That means that the Flash can perform the equivalent of 864,000 full rounds actions in one round. So he is 864,000 times faster than a normal person.

This is closest to rank 18 Quickness in 2e (About 1,000,000 times faster than normal)

Here is the chart:

3rd ed. >>> 2.5 ed.
1 >>>>> 1
2 >>>>> 2
3 >>>>> 3
4 >>>>> 4
5 >>>>> 5
6 >>>>> 6
7 >>>>> 6
8 >>>>> 8
9 >>>>> 8
10 >>>>> 9
11 >>>>> 10
12 >>>>> 11
13 >>>>> 12
14 >>>>> 12
15 >>>>> 13
16 >>>>> 14
17 >>>>> 15
18 >>>>> 16
19 >>>>> 17
20 >>>>> 18

I also adopt Affliction for my rules. Most of my adoptions are easily ignored, but this one I HIGHLY recommend. It is a great mechanic. My version is slightly less balanced, but it is more balanced than the powers it replaces and allows more flexibility. Besides flexibility was my favorite feature of affliction. I also have a version for 2e Hero Lab if anyone is interested.
Last edited by Cinder on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Sun May 29, 2011 11:11 am

Feats

Most Advantages are the same as their 2e feat equivalent. Sometimes, the feat has a different function while having the same or similar name. Do not worry about this. The reason the character has been given the feat should be the concept behind the feat/advantage, no the mechanics. Here is a chart for converting the feats:

Accurate Attack >>>>> Same
Agile Feint >>>>> Acrobatic Bluff or Speed Feint*
All-Out Attack >>>>> Same
Animal Empathy >>>>> Same
Artificer >>>>> Ritualist
Assessment >>>>> Same
Attractive >>>>> Same
Beginner’s Luck >>>>> Same
Benefit >>>>> Same
Chokehold >>>>> Same
Close Attack >>>>> Attack Focus (melee)
Connected >>>>> Same
Contacts >>>>> Same
Daze >>>>> Distract (Intimidate) or (Bluff)
Defensive Attack >>>>> Same
Defensive Roll >>>>> Same
Diehard >>>>> Same
Eidetic Memory >>>>> Same
Equipment >>>>> Same
Evasion >>>>> Same
Extraordinary Effort >>>>> Extraordinary Effort*
Fascinate >>>>> Same
Fast Grab >>>>> Improved Grab
Favored Environment >>>>> Same
Favored Foe >>>>> Favored Opponent
Fearless >>>>> Same
Grabbing Finesse >>>>> Grappling Finesse
Great Endurance >>>>> Endurance
Hide in Plain Sight >>>>> Same
Improved Grab >>>>> Improved Grapple
Improved Initiative >>>>> Same
Improved Hold >>>>> Improved Pin
Improved Smash >>>>> Improved Sunder
Improved Trip >>>>> Same
Improvised Tools >>>>> Same
Improvised Weapon >>>>> Same
Inspire >>>>> Same
Instant Up >>>>> Same
Interpose >>>>> Same
Inventor >>>>> Same
Jack of All Trades >>>>> Same
Languages >>>>> Same
Leadership >>>>> Same
Luck >>>>> Same
Minion >>>>> Same
Move-By Action >>>>> Same
Power Attack >>>>> Same
Precise Attack >>>>> Precise Attack*
Prone Fighting >>>>> Same
Quick Draw >>>>> Same
Ranged Attack >>>>> Attack Focus (range)
Redirect >>>>> Same
Ritualist >>>>> Same
Second Chance >>>>> Same
Seize Initiative >>>>> Same
Set-Up >>>>> Same
Sidekick >>>>> Same
Skill Mastery >>>>> Same
Startle >>>>> Same
Takedown >>>>> Takedown Attack
Taunt >>>>> Same
Teamwork >>>>> Same
Throwing Mastery >>>>> Same
Tracking >>>>> Same
Trance >>>>> Same
Ultimate Effort >>>>> Same
Uncanny Dodge >>>>> Same
Weapon Bind >>>>> Same
Weapon Break >>>>> Same
Well-Informed >>>>> Same

*New 2.5 ed. Feat
Last edited by Cinder on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Sun May 29, 2011 11:24 am

AFFLICTION

Type: Alteration, Attack
Action: Standard
Range: Touch
Duration: Instant
Saving Throw: Fort or Will (staged)
Cost: 1 point per rank

Note: This power supersedes/removes the powers Dazzle, Fatigue, Mind Control, Nauseate, Paralyze, and Stun, and the feat Fearsome Presence.

You can impose some debilitating condition or conditions on a target by making a melee attack. You set the conditions that your Affliction causes at each stagewhen you acquire it and they may not be changed.

See the possible conditions below for each stage under the Affliction Resistance Check table. The target resists with Fortitude or Will save (chosen when you take the effect):

AFFLICTION RESISTANCE CHECK

FORTITUDE OR WILL VS. DC [AFFLICTION RANK + 10]

Success: No effect.

Failure: The target is dazed, fascinated, fatigued, impaired*, hampered*, shaken, sickened (choose one).

Potential descriptors include coughing or sneezing, creeping mental influence, drowsiness, euphoria, fear, itchiness, lethargy, nausea, pain, or tipsiness.

Failure of five or more: The target is compelled*, disabled*, exhausted, frightened, flat-footed, nauseated, prone, slowed, stunned (choose one).

Potential descriptors include agonizing pain, confusion, ecstasy, momentary emotional or mental influence, paralysis, seizure, terror, or vomiting.

Failure of ten or more: The target is controlled*, helpless, panicked, paralyzed, transformed*, unaware*, unconscious, (choose one).

*New Condition

The target of an Affliction makes a resistance check at the end of each turn to remove first and second stage conditions. Third stage conditions require a minute of recovery time or outside aid, such as the Medicine skill or Healing effect (DC 10 + rank).

The exact nature and descriptors of the Affliction are up to you, chosen when you acquire the effect, with the GM’s approval; some examples are provided in this section, but feel free to make up your own.

EXTRAS:

Alternate Save: Some Afflictions may be initially resisted by Reflex, representing the need for quick reaction time to avoid the effect. In this case, the later resistance checks to remove the Affliction’s conditions are typically still based on Fortitude or Will. For example, a target might make a Reflex to avoid a blinding light or spray of liquid, but a Fortitude check to eliminate the effect if the initial Reflex fails. +0 cost per rank

Duration: Once you have hit with an Affliction with duration concentration, so long as you continue to take a standard action each turn to maintain the effect, the target must make a new resistance check against it on your turn, with no attack check required. +1 cost per rank

Cumulative: Normally, an Affliction does not have a cumulative effect on the same target, so getting two results of one stage, one after the other, has no more or less effect than that stage's result; you have to get a higher stage with a later attack, which replaces the initial result. A Cumulative Affliction adds any further stages to the existing stages on the target. For example, your Affliction might have the three stages of dazed, stunned, and unconscious. A hit with a first stage of failure imposes a dazed condition. An additional attack that results in another dazed condition instead imposes the Affliction’s second stage condition, in this case, stunned. +1 cost per rank

Extra Condition: Your Affliction imposes an additional condition per stage. So with one application of this extra, your Affliction imposes two conditions—such as dazed and hampered, or impaired and shaken—rather than just one. With two applications, it imposes three conditions, and so forth. Since mutually incompatible conditions are largely wasted, Afflictions with this extra often have the Limited Stage flaw as well. +1 cost per rank

Progressive: This modifier causes an Affliction to increase incrementally without any effort from you. If the target fails a resistance check to end the Affliction, it not only persists, but increases in effect by one stage! So a target affected by the first stage of a Progressive Affliction who fails to resist, progresses to the second stage of the effect at the start of his next round. A successful resistance check still ends the Affliction, as usual. +2 cost per rank

FLAWS:

Instant Recovery: Similar to the Reversible extra (see page 132), the target of an Affliction effect with this modifier recovers automatically, no check required, at the end of the round in which the duration ends. So, for example, an instant duration Affliction only lasts one round, while a sustained duration Affliction lasts until no longer sustained. –1 cost per rank

Limited Stage: Your Affliction is limited to no more than two stages of effect. With two applications of this modifier, it is limited to no more than one stage of effect. –1 cost per rank
Last edited by Cinder on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Sun May 29, 2011 11:25 am

ATHLETICS (STRENGTH)

This skill includes the Climb, Ride and Swim skills. It can also aid on jump checks in the same way Acrobatics can.
Last edited by Cinder on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Re: Cinder's 3e to 2e Converstions

Postby Cinder » Sun May 29, 2011 11:26 am

DAZZLE [Affliction (Limited [single sense, -2], Range, Cumulative)]

Type: Alteration, Attack, Sensory
Range: Ranged
Duration: Instant (lasting)
Saving Throw: Fortitude or Will
Cost: 2 points per rank

You can overwhelm one of the target’s senses, chosen when you take this effect. The target makes a Fortitude or Will save against your effect DC (choose one when you acquire the effect).

One stage of failure (fail) leaves the sense impaired (–2 penalty). Two stages (failure by five to nine) leave it disabled (–4 penalty) while three stages (failure by ten or more) leave the sense unaware, plus the target automatically fails Perception checks involving the sense, and everything effectively has total concealment from that sense.

The target makes another save at the end of each turn to recover. Success removes the condition imposed by the Dazzle effect. Failure means it persists. Multiple Dazzle effects against the same sense are cumulative. If a target is already visually disabled, for example, another Visual Dazzle with one stage of failure leaves the target blind, as if subjected to a Dazzle with two stages of the effect.

Your Dazzle effect can work on more than one sense at once; apply the Extra Condition modifier for each additional sense affected.
Last edited by Cinder on Mon May 30, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Sun May 29, 2011 11:28 am

EXTRAORDINARY EFFORT (GENERAL)

When using extra effort, you can gain two of the listed benefits, even stacking two of the same type of benefit. However, you also double the cost of the effort; you’re exhausted starting the turn after your extraordinary effort. If you are already fatigued, you are incapacitated. If you are already exhausted, you cannot use extraordinary effort. Spending a hero point at the start of your next turn reduces the cost of your extraordinary effort to merely fatigued, the same as a regular extra effort.
Last edited by Cinder on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Sun May 29, 2011 11:29 am

FATIGUE [Affliction (Cumulative)]

Type: Attack, Alteration
Range: Touch
Duration: Instant
Saving Throw: Fortitude or Will
Cost: 2 points per rank

You can inflict fatigue on a target. Make a melee attack roll. The target makes a Fortitude save (DC 10 + Fatigue rank). A failed save means the target is fatigued: –2 to Str and Dex, –1 to attack and defense, and cannot move all out. If the save fails by 5 or more, the target is exhausted: –6 to Str and Dex, –3 to attack and defense, and unable to move faster than normal pace. If the save fails by 10 or more, the target is unconscious. Targets immune to fatigue are unaffected.
Last edited by Cinder on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Sun May 29, 2011 11:30 am

FEARSOME PRESENCE [Affliction (Range [perception], Limited [range = 5 x PL], Limited [interaction required])]

Type: Alteration
Range: Perception (limited)
Saving Throw: Will
Cost: 1 points per rank

You can inspire fear in others. Take a standard action to strike a suitably fearsome pose or utter an intimidating threat; anyone within (Power Level × 5) feet able to interact with you must make a Will save (DC 10 + rank) or become shaken. If the save fails by 5 or more, the subject flees from you. If the save fails by 10 or more, the subject panics, dropping any held items and fleeing from you as quickly as possible.
Last edited by Cinder on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Sun May 29, 2011 11:31 am

MIND CONTROL [Affliction (Range +2)]

Type: Alteration, Sensory (mental)
Action: Standard (active)
Range: Perception
Saving Throw: Will (staged)
Cost: 3 points per rank

You can control another character’s mind, and therefore actions. One stage of failure (failure by one to four) leaves the subject fascinated (takes no actions other than to pay attention to you and suffers a –4 penalty on checks made as reactions, such as Notice checks). Two stages (failure by five to nine) leave the subject compelled (limited to a single standard action each turn, chosen by you), while three stages (failure by ten or more) leave the target controlled (all actions controlled by you, losses free will).
Last edited by Cinder on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Sun May 29, 2011 11:44 am

PRECISE STRIKE (COMBAT, RANKED)

When you make melee attacks you ignore attack check penalties for cover or concealment (choose one), although total cover still prevents you from making attacks. Each additional rank in this advantage lets you choose an additional option, so with Precise Strike 2, your melee attacks ignore penalties for both cover and concealment.

SPEED FEINT (COMBAT, SKILL)

You can use your Speed instead of your Bluff skill to feint and trick in combat.
Last edited by Cinder on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Postby Cinder » Sun May 29, 2011 11:49 am

NEW CONDITIONS

This section describes new adverse conditions that can affect characters. It is meant to amend pages 170-171 of the Core Rulebook. If multiple conditions apply to a character, apply all of their effects. If effects conflict, apply the most severe. If one condition supersedes another apply the superseding condition.

• Compelled: A compelled character is directed by an outside force, but struggling against it; the character is limited to a single standard action each turn, chosen by another, controlling, character. As usual, this standard action can be traded for a move or even free action. Controlled supersedes compelled.

• Controlled: A controlled character has no free will; the character’s actions each turn are dictated by another, controlling, character.

• Disabled: A disabled character is at a –4 circumstance penalty on checks. If the penalty applies to specific checks, they are added to the name of the condition, such as Attack Disabled, Will Disabled, Notice Disabled, and so forth. Debilitated, if it applies to the same trait(s), supersedes disabled.

• Impaired: An impaired character is at a –2 circumstance penalty on checks. If the impairment applies to specific checks, they are added to the name of the condition, such as Attack Impaired, Notice Impaired, and so forth. If it applies to the same trait(s), disabled supersedes impaired.

• Hampered: A hampered character moves at half normal speed. This condition’s effect is similar to moving through heavy obstruction or over a bad surface.

• Transformed: Transformed characters have some or all of their traits altered by an outside agency. This may range from a change in the character’s appearance to a complete change in trait ranks, even the removal of some traits and the addition of others! The primary limit on the transformed condition is the character’s power point total cannot increase, although it can effectively decrease for the duration of the transformation, such as when a powerful super hero is turned into an otherwise powerless mouse or frog (obviously based on considerably fewer power points).

• Unaware: The character is completely unaware of his surroundings, unable to make interaction or Notice checks or perform any action based on them. If the condition applies to a specific sense or senses, they are added to the name of the condition, such as visually unaware, tactilely unaware (or numb), and so forth. Subjects have full concealment from all of a character’s unaware senses.
Last edited by Cinder on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Roll Call”