GAZbuild: Mastermind, Blob, Destiny, Spiral, Sauron, Arcade

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Xavin

Post by Gazman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Xavin - PL 7 Junior Skrull

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 5, Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence -1

Advantages
Benefit: Skrull Prince, Languages 1, Power Attack

Skills
Deception 6 (+5), Expertise: Space Soldier 4 (+6), Intimidation 8 (+7), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat: Super Skrull In Training 6 (+7)

Powers
Skrull Shift: Morph 3 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Broad group; Precise)
Super Skrull In Training
. . Human Torch Powers
. . . . Flame Blast: Damage 7 (DC 22; Increased Range: ranged)
. . . . . . Flame Aura: Damage 2 (Alternate; DC 17; Reaction 3: reaction, Selective)
. . . . Plasma Jets: Flight 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
. . Invisible Woman Powers
. . . . Invisible Fields: Create 7 (Volume: 125 cft., DC 17; Movable, Subtle 2: undetectable)
. . . . . . Invisibility: Concealment 4 (Alternate; All Visual Senses; Affects Others, Precise)
. . Mr. Fantastic Powers (Advantages: Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold)
. . . . Bouncy: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness; Limited: To Physical Attacks [4 ranks only])
. . . . Fantastic Stretch: Elongation 7 (Elongation: 900 feet)
. . . . Seven League Stride: Leaping 6 (Leap 500 feet at 120 miles/hour)
. . Thing Powers
. . . . Rocky Armor: Protection 7 (+7 Toughness; Impervious)
. . . . Rocky Strength: Enhanced Strength 7 (+7 STR)

Offense
Initiative +1
Flame Aura: Damage 2, +5 (DC 17)
Flame Blast: Damage 7, +7 (DC 22)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +1 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 8, Toughness 2, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 47 + Advantages 3 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 105

Complications
Out of Towner: Xavin is not of this Earth. S/he doesn't always get human customs and relationships, but is learning how to be human.
Relationship: Betrothed to Karolina. Cares for the hatchling, Molly. Considerate of the rest of the gang.
Responsibility: Making up for the Skrull Empire's evil and their war with Majesdan.

Xavin is the son and/or the daughter of Skrull Prince De'zean. He was an alien teenager training to be one of the next generation of Super Skrulls when he was placed into an arranged marriage with the Majesdanian Karolina Dean to halt an interstellar war between their peoples. This lead to his voyaging to Earth and meeting up with the Runaways. She then left with Karolina to get to know each other and get hitched. The wedding was a disaster and the war reignited, sending Xavin and Karolina fleeing back to Earth. Xavin is struggling to determine his/her identity and learning about human stuff. What is known is that Xavin is a PL 7 PC like the rest of the gang. Xavin hits her caps with her saves and with a couple of Fantastic powers. Since Xavin was still in training when he ran away, he is limited to one cosmic power at a time. This means that things that the FF or even Kl'rt could do simultaneously, Xavin struggles with. Like he can make an Invisible bubble, but can't conceal everybody in it. Whoops. She is a very considerate person who thinks of others first, but still comes off as a combative jerk overeager to prove his prowess as a warrior.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: GAZbuild Streets: Runaways: Karolina, Gert, Chase, Victor

Post by Gazman » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:18 pm

Scrollreader wrote:Awesome builds. Any chance we'll see the Young Avengers lineup once the Runaways are done?
Sorry. I didn't see this yesterday. I'm sure I'll get the Young Avengers up here at some point. Maybe even on this run through of street heroes. But I've never really read any of their books, nor do I care about the characters. And I do plan to do some builds of the Pride right next. I don't want to ignore your request, but it might take a while. Cool?

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Klara Prast

Post by Gazman » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Klara Prast - PL 7 Tower of Flower

Strength -1, Stamina 0, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 1, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Advantages
Defensive Roll 2, Languages 1, Teamwork

Skills
Expertise (DEX): Video Games 4 (+6), Expertise: Botany 6 (+7), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+4)

Powers
Chlorokinesis
. . Entanglement: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 7 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Immobile, Defenseless, DC 17; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
. . Plant Control: Move Object 7 (3 tons, DC 22; Damaging, Increased Range: perception; Limited Material: Plant Life)
. . Plant Growth: Environment 4 (Impede Movement (2 ranks), Visibility (-5), Radius: 250 feet)
Lil Kid: Shrinking 2 (-1 Intimidate, +2 Stealth, +1 active defenses; Innate; Permanent)
Plant Speech: Comprehend 1 (Plants)

Offense
Initiative +1
Entanglement: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 7 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 17)
Grab, +1 (DC Spec 9)
Plant Control: Move Object 7 (DC 22)
Throw, +2 (DC 14)
Unarmed, +1 (DC 14)

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 3, Toughness 2/0, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 12 + Powers 37 + Advantages 4 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 80

Complications
Accident: When Klara is panicked or upset she can lose control of her powers.
Girl Out of Time: Klara comes from time when it was okay for men to marry little girls, beat them, sexually assault them, and force them to work in sweatshops. It was not okay for to have same sex or interracial relationships. She's still adapting, but she never learned how to swim.
Relationship: Best buds with Molly. Gaming buddies with Victor. Learning to accept the others.

Klara Prast is a really bad pun on chloroplast. I mean Klara Prast is a little German girl married off to a much older man and shipped across the ocean to early 20th Century New York. It was there that she met up with the time traveling Runaways who brought her home with them. Although she hits PL 7 caps like the rest of the team thanks to her mutant powers, she falls way short of PC point costs. Kid only has PL 4 defenses and 5 saves, but really makes up for it with her Perception and Area attacks. Klara talks to plants and can have them grow and move as she wills it in order to grab, lift, smash, and hinder people. Her communion with flora around her has given her some understanding of plant life and her hanging around Molly and Victor has given her some understanding of Nintendo Wiis and cheating. Aside from basic people skills honed by living with a violent drunk and working an adult job, that's really all she's got.

Claire Redfield
Comrade
Comrade

Re: GAZbuild Streets: Runaways: Gert, Chase, Victor, Xavin

Post by Claire Redfield » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Hey, I've never been here before. You have a lot of cool builds here!
Claire Redfield • Onyx Path Freelancer
Demon: The Descent, Blood & Smoke, Book of the Wyrm and Umbra 20

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: GAZbuild Streets: Runaways Gert, Chase, Victor, Xavin, Klara

Post by Gazman » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Claire Redfield wrote:Hey, I've never been here before. You have a lot of cool builds here!
Hello and welcome to GAZbuild! Thanks. I'm trying.

Scrollreader
Hireling
Hireling

Re: GAZbuild Streets: Runaways: Karolina, Gert, Chase, Victor

Post by Scrollreader » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Sorry. I didn't see this yesterday. I'm sure I'll get the Young Avengers up here at some point. Maybe even on this run through of street heroes. But I've never really read any of their books, nor do I care about the characters. And I do plan to do some builds of the Pride right next. I don't want to ignore your request, but it might take a while. Cool?
Oh, no problem at all. You're the one doing all the work (and I am a huge Runaways fan, so the Pride will be pretty awesome).

Honestly, I got into reading YA when they had their crossover with Nico, Molly and the gang, and then ... bad things happened to the team. Sort of a shame, too, since the YA had a sort of 'player character' feel to it. Lots of ties to existing characters, but trying to find their place in the world. It was an interesting contrast to the Runaways, I thought, given all the legacies (as opposed to a team that didn't even use codenames, or costumes or anything in the Runaways).

Honestly, your builds are great, and my PL preferences seem to synch up with yours pretty well, so I'll be happy with pretty much anything you stat up. I just have this fondness for young teams (Academy X, Young Avengers, Runaways) since they tend to get some pretty cool ideas, and character development, as well as dealing with (in one way or another) all the 'Established' heroes.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Alex Wilder

Post by Gazman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:30 am

Alex Wilder - PL 5 Power Gaming Prodigy

Strength 1, Stamina 1, Agility 0, Dexterity 2, Fighting 3, Intellect 5, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Assessment, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 1, Inspire, Leadership, Ritualist, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Tactics

Skills
Deception 5 (+8), Expertise: Tactics 10 (+15), Insight 4 (+7), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 2 (+5), Technology 1 (+6)

Powers
Decoder Ring (Removable)
. . Decoding: Comprehend 1 (Languages - Read All)
. . Unlock Abstract: Feature 1
The Abstract (Easily Removable)
. . It Is Written: Senses 8 (Postcognition, Precognition; Limited: To Knowledge Concerning the Pride)
. . Mystic Knowledge: Enhanced Trait 3 (Traits: Expertise +4 (+9), Advantages: Ritualist)

Equipment
Cell Phone, Glasses 1

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 11)
Throw, +2 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 16)

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 3, Toughness 3/1, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 7 + Advantages 7 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 75

Complications
Disability: Alex is another kid in need of glasses, he can't see without 'em.
Relationship: Alex loves Nico, but is emotionally distanct from the rest of the gang.
Responsibility: Alex is the first leader of the Runaways and he wants to redeem the Wilder name.
Secret: If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret would it?

Alex Wilder is the son of two evil organized crime bosses, Geoffrey and Catherine. He was the team's initial leader and the impetuous behind their first several stories. He led them to spying on their parents, to running away, to gathering their power, to fighting crime, and to confronting the Pride. Lacking even Chase's gear or Gert's sidekick, Alex is only PL 5. He costs PC points, but only hits his caps with his Tactics Expertise and saves. Still that skill, its Mastery, and his Inspire and Leadership advantages make Alex a valuable addition to his team. Using a magic book and ring stolen from the Pride, Alex knows a lot about the team's parents, their past, their future, and their mystic masters and rituals. He'll need it because he's only got PL 4 defenses and wants to fight super crime.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Before the Fall

Post by Gazman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:46 pm

The Pride are the parents of the initial six Runaways. They represent six different flavors of comic books villain: crime lords, temporal conquerors, dark wizards, evil mutants, mad scientists, and alien invaders. Way way back in the 1980s they were all abducted by the Gibborim, biblical giants who want to wipe the world clean of humanity. If the 12 bad guys promised to help them in their goals and feed them one innocent soul a year, they would be rewarded. The promised reward was earthly riches and power for 25 years and a 50/50 chance for immortality in the Gibborim's new world. When one of them got pregnant, The Pride all decided to have children and give the six spots of immortality away to them. The Pride still liked the earthly power bit and ran West Coast crime from LA for two solid decades.

Since The Thieves, The Travelers, The Magicians, The Outcasts, The Wise Men, and the Colonists are all pretty much the same as their better half, I'm only going to stat up one of each pair. The other is pretty much a pallet swap or slightly lesser version of the spouse with more screen time.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Geoffrey Wilder

Post by Gazman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:01 pm

Geoffrey Wilder - PL 9 Thief

Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 4, Fighting 7, Intellect 4, Awareness 3, Presence 4

Advantages
Assessment, Benefit 5: Millionaire Crime Lord, Connected, Contacts, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Roll 4, Equipment 3, Improved Critical: Big Knife, Improved Initiative, Inspire, Leadership, Ranged Attack 4, Ritualist, Startle, Teamwork, Well-informed

Skills
Close Combat: Knife: 2 (+9), Deception 5 (+9), Expertise: Business 4 (+8), Expertise: Crime Boss 10 (+14), Expertise: Magic 1 (+9/+5), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+10), Investigation 2 (+6), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Guns 5 (+9), Technology 1 (+5), Vehicles 4 (+8)

Powers
Decoder Ring (Removable)
. . Decoding: Comprehend 1 (Languages - Read All)
. . Unlocks Abstract: Feature 1
The Abstract (Easily Removable)
. . It Is Written: Senses 8 (Postcognition, Precognition; Limited: To Knowledge Concerning the Pride)
. . Mystic Knowledge: Enhanced Trait 3 (Traits: Expertise +4 (+9), Advantages: Ritualist)

Equipment
Cell Phone, Sacrificial Dagger [Big Knife: Strength-based Damage 2, DC 20, Advantages: Improved Critical], Shotgun

Offense
Initiative +6
Big Knife: Strength-based Damage 2, +9 (DC 20)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 13)
Shotgun, +13 (DC 20 )
Throw, +8 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 18)

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7/3, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 7 + Advantages 26 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 140

Complications
Relationship: Geoffrey is married to Catherine. He loves her and their son, Alex.
Responsibility: Geoffrey is a hugely important figure in organized crime, running both Los Angeles and the Pride.
Secret: Geoffrey is actually a criminal, not the business man he pretends to be.
Temper: Geoffrey doesn't take well to his son wasting time or money, to white boys dissing his Pride, to being called Geoff, to being disappointed, or to lots of things.

Geoffrey Wilder is the leader of the Pride. He and his wife Catherine were endowed by the Gibborim with enhanced shrewdness and combat ability, but lack overt powers. Like all good master villains he is over cost for his PL, even if only slightly. He's pretty much a mirror image of the Kingpin, being a big scary black man on the West Coast. Guy hits PL 9, but only with his shotgun. PL 7 with his knife. He's got PL 8 defenses with all three pairings and a huge skill bonus to run his criminal empire, so that's nothing to sneeze at. The Wilders would probably shoot you if you did sneeze at them. Or even better, they could get their vast network of underlings to shoot you for them. I guess that's why Geoffrey runs things.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: GAZbuild Streets: Runaways & The Pride

Post by Jabroniville » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:33 am

Was "Runaways" originally supposed to be a parallel universe? I always remember being disappointed that their supervillain parents turned out to be new characters- it would have been cooler and more inclusive to have a couple of them be familiar B-listers or something. Heck, imagine if Electro or someone turned out to have some kids. Then again, that'd change the overall "Gibborim" story a bit too, unless you retconned the villains into having different origins.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Maybe it was. Sometimes I think the big comic book companies shoehorn standalone stories into their shared universes for the brand recognition or the crossover appeal. But for the Pride, I think that they had to be new characters. Both for the Gibborim thing and because they were supposed to be the undisputed masters of West Coast crime for decades. If you retconned in Electro or Mesmero or Stilt Man or whomever into their place it would have been too much a mess.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Dale Yorkes

Post by Gazman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Dale Yorkes - PL 9 Traveler

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6, Intellect 4, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Advantages
Benefit 4: Wealthy Crime Boss, Connected, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 3, Inventor, Ranged Attack 4, Well-informed

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+8), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise: Criminal 4 (+8), Expertise: History 8 (+12), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 2 (+6), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Blunderbuss 2 (+4), Technology 6 (+10), Vehicles 2 (+4)

Powers
Blunderbuss (Easily Removable)
. . Power Blast: Damage 8 (DC 23; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged)
Samurai Battle Axe (Alternate; Removable)
. . Axe Strike: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 21, Advantages: Improved Critical; Penetrating 4)
Future Knowledge: Senses 4 (Precognition; Innate; Check Required: DC 11 - History)
Retro Future Outfit (Removable)
. . Armor: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)
. . Flaming Fist: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 21; Secondary Effect [2 extra ranks])
. . . . Energy Field: Create 5 (Alternate; Volume: 30 cft., DC 15)

Equipment
4-D Time Portico [Time Travel: Movement 3, Time Travel 3: any time, 1600 lbs.; Increased Mass 5], Cell Phone, Flash Goggles, Multi-tool, Toolkit (Basic)

Offense
Initiative +1
Axe Strike: Strength-based Damage 4, +6 (DC 21)
Flaming Fist: Strength-based Damage 4, +8 (DC 21)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 12)
Power Blast: Damage 8, +10 (DC 23)
Throw, +6 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 5, Toughness 7/5, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 40 + Powers 27 + Advantages 16 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 130

Complications
Relationship: Dale is married to Stacey. He loves her and their daughter Gert.
Responsibility: Dale is an important figure in organized crime, helping to run Los Angeles
Secret: Dale is actually a criminal from the future, not the antiques dealer he pretends to be.

Dale and Stacey Yorkes were the temporal despots in the Pride menagerie of villain archetypes . They were priggish self-righteous and talked all old timey. The two of them had several criminal fiefs all over time and Joss Whedon's run on Runaways introduced us to their turn of the Century gang in The Sinners. Dale here is also capable as combatant with his future tech armaments hitting PL 9 caps with the blunderbuss pictured above. He's also got an alternate timeline battle axe and built in weapons in his Amelia Earhart outfit that gives him PL 8 active defenses. Dale knows enough to build a giant future bomb and claims to know everything that's coming for the next several hundred years and he's as connected as the rest of the Pride. Slightly undercost, but a lot of these builds are guesswork anyway.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Leslie Dean

Post by Gazman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Leslie Dean - PL 9 Colonist

Strength 1, Stamina 1, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 7, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Attractive, Benefit 4: Rich and Famous Crime Boss, Languages 1, Move-by Action, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+5), Deception 8 (+11), Expertise (PRE): Actor 6 (+9), Expertise: Space Criminal 8 (+8), Intimidation 4 (+7), Persuasion 3 (+6), Ranged Combat: Light Powers 5 (+8), Technology 2 (+2), Vehicles 2 (+5)

Powers
Majesdanian Form (Activation: Move Action)
. . Force Field: Protection 7 (+7 Toughness; Sustained)
. . Light Blast: Damage 10 (DC 25; Increased Range: ranged)
. . . . Blinding Light: Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Increased Range: ranged)
. . . . Light Bondage: Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Immobile, Defenseless, DC 20; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
. . . . Light Constructs: Create 6 (Alternate; Volume: 60 cft., DC 16; Movable)
. . Solar Soaring: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
Same Powers: Immunity 2 (Uncommon Descriptor: Majesdanian Powers)
Sunlight Cells: Feature 1

Offense
Initiative +3
Blinding Light: Affliction 10, +8 (DC Fort 20)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 11)
Light Blast: Damage 10, +8 (DC 25)
Light Bondage: Affliction 10, +8 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 20)
Throw, +3 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 16)

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 44 + Advantages 9 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 24 = 135

Complications
Power Loss: Majesdanian powers are fueled by sunlight. If Leslie uses her powers overmuch at night, it can drain her. There is also a type of metal that will force a Majesdanian down to "normal."
Relationship: Leslie is married to Frank. She loves him and their daughter, Karolina.
Responsibility: Leslie is a hugely important figure in organized crime, running the arms trade in LA and across the galaxy.
Secret: Leslie is actually an interstellar criminal, not the Hollywood star she pretends to be.

Leslie and Frank Dean were alien criminals, exiled from their home planet of Majesdan. They were vicious angry people who sold out their home world to the Skrulls and started an interstellar war. On moving to Earth, they fell in love with James Dean and took his name and profession as their own. Posing as film and television actors, the Deans ran the arms trade for the Pride as well as dealing with "out of town" visitors. Leslie has all of her daughter Karolina powers but with a rank up. She's nasty fighter with a real combative streak an hits PL 9 with her alien attacks and active defenses. She also cost the PC 135 points, so anybody who want to be warlike alien arms dealer is in luck.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Victor Stein

Post by Gazman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Victor Stein - PL 9 Wise Man

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 6, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages
Benefit 4: Wealthy Crime Boss, Connected, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 12, Inventor, Ranged Attack 3

Skills
Deception 9 (+10), Expertise: Criminal 4 (+10), Expertise: Science 8 (+14), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+7), Ranged Combat: Tech Weapons 4 (+6), Technology 13 (+19), Vehicles 4 (+6)

Powers
Gadgets: Variable 4 (Removable; Slow)
Minoru Proofing: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Magic; Limited - Half Effect)

Equipment
Back Shed, Leapfrog

Offense
Initiative +1
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +5 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 6, Toughness 5/2, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 24 + Advantages 24 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 135

Complications
Relationship: Victor is married to Janet. He loves her and their son, Chase. He's not very good at showing the latter, though.
Responsibility: Victor is an important figure in organized crime, helping to run Los Angeles and fund the Pride.
Secret: Victor is actually a criminal mad scienctist, not the reputable inventor he pretends to be.
Temper: Despite being a bookish nerd, Victor can get pretty mad and beat people if they dissapoint or disrespect him.

Victor and Janet Stein were the Pride's mad scientists. They built weapons, vehicles, and the suchlike for the gang. They also counterfeited money and sold some legit inventions to public and could act as the bank if need be. The Steins were the first of the Pride to have a child and decide to give their spot in the Gibborim's paradise over to the next generation. Despite that, they were probably the worst parents in the lot. Victor would beat his son fairly regularly. He's no great shakes as fighter, topping out at PL 6 active defenses and 7 saves. But Victor does hit his caps with his tech skill and the Leapfrog's cannons. After all, he built the thing. I know the Steins had lots of tech inventions, but none where really highlighted except for what Chase stole, so Victor gets removable variable to represent the pile of goodies he's got stashed in his shed. Maybe something there will help him get to combat caps and match his PC points cost.

--------------------

Back Shed - Toughness 12, Size Small
Features: Computer, Concealed 1, Dual Size: Large, Garage, Laboratory, Living Space, Workshop
Power Points: Abilities 0 + Powers 0 + Advantages 0 + Features 7 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 3 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 10

--------------------

Leapfrog - Strength 12, Defense -2, Toughness 11, Size Huge
Features:
AI and Database 2, Navigation System 1, Remote Control

Powers
Leaping: Leaping 12 (Leap 4 miles at 250 miles/hour in 1 minute)
. . Swimming: Swimming 6 (Alternate; Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
Onbord Systems
. . Cloaking Device: Concealment 6 (All Visual Senses, Other Sense Type: Radio)
. . Kill Laser: Damage 9 (DC 24; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Scanners: Variable 1 (Action: move; Limited: to Sense Effects)
. . Stun Laser: Affliction 9 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 19; Increased Range: ranged)
Translate: Comprehend 1 (Languages - Speak All)

Offense
Kill Laser: Damage 9, +9 (DC 24)
Stun Laser: Affliction 9, +9 (DC Fort 19)

Power Points
Abilities 6 + Powers 36 + Advantages 0 + Features 4 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 4 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 50

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:30 am

Jabroniville wrote:Was "Runaways" originally supposed to be a parallel universe? I always remember being disappointed that their supervillain parents turned out to be new characters- it would have been cooler and more inclusive to have a couple of them be familiar B-listers or something. Heck, imagine if Electro or someone turned out to have some kids. Then again, that'd change the overall "Gibborim" story a bit too, unless you retconned the villains into having different origins.
It was, but you know Marvel and DC. If there's a chance to sell a book, they'll mish-mash whatever they can to work things into main continuity. Now The Runaways hang out at Avengers Academy and Alex Wilder was in the same afterlife as Jack of Hearts.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)