GAZbuild: Mastermind, Blob, Destiny, Spiral, Sauron, Arcade

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: GAZbuild Avengers: Triathlon, Hellcat, Sersi, Sentry, D-

Post by Gazman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:42 am

Arthur Eld wrote:I would say that the Sentry probably deserves Extraordinary Effort. Despite his typically high level of power, it's generally understood he can go beyond those 'limits' when be has to.

Honestly I like the character, even in his throw-back Silver Age esque appearances. Fighting a guy with three brains is just funny.
Good call, Eld. I'll work that in. I actually sorta liked Sentry's pseudo Silver Age stuff. It was only when they put him in the modern MU and shoved him in our faces and made him so serious and soooo important that I grew to hate Bob.
Horsenhero wrote:Surprisingly, as underpointed as he is, as annoying as his mish, mash Daredevil meets Wolverine costume is...D-Man is a whole lot less of a loser than the ultimate Mary-Sue, Sentry is.

And considering that D-man borders on being a joke character, that's saying something.
Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:I liked D-Man when he was running around as a part of the Captain's crew (late '80s), despite Wolverine's dorky mask on top of a costume designed by a blind man.
I actually really like D-Man even though he has become a joke character these days (see the hunt for Luke Cage's nanny). He's so earnest and a genuine good guy in addition to being a hero.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Swordsman

Post by Gazman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:02 am

Swordsman - PL 10 Swashbuckling Super

Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 3, Fighting 10, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Defensive Attack, Equipment 1, Improved Critical: Force Beam, Improved Critical 2: Sword Slash, Improved Critical: Sword Slash, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Set-up, Takedown, Taunt, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+12), Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat: Sword 4 (+14), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise: Streetwise 7 (+9), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Makluan Sword 1 (+4), Sleight of Hand 6 (+9), Stealth 6 (+10)

Powers
Makluan Sword (Easily Removable)
. . Disintegration Ray
. . . . Damage: Damage 8 (Linked; DC 23; Increased Range: ranged)
. . . . Weaken: Weaken 4 (Linked; Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 14; Affects Objects, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Flamethrower: Cone Area Damage 9 (DC 24; Cone Area: 60 feet cone)
. . Force Beam: Damage 8 (DC 23; Advantages: Improved Critical; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Knockout Gas: Cumulative Cone Area Affliction 9 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Asleep, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 19; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, Cumulative)
. . Lightning Bolt: Line Area Damage 9 (DC 24; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long)
. . Sword Slash: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 21, Advantages: Improved Critical; Penetrating 6)

Equipment
Knife, Undercover Shirt

Offense
Initiative +8
Disintegration Ray: Damage 8, +10 (DC 23)
Disintegration Ray: Weaken 4, +10 (DC Fort 14)
Flamethrower: Cone Area Damage 8 (DC 23)
Force Beam: Damage 8, +10 (DC 23)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 13)
Knife, +10 (DC 19)
Knockout Gas: Cumulative Cone Area Affliction 8 (DC Fort 18)
Lightning Bolt: Line Area Damage 8 (DC 23)
Sword Slash: Strength-based Damage 3, +14 (DC 21)
Throw, +9 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 18)

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 14, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 62 + Powers 19 + Advantages 21 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 150

Complications
Motivation: Thrills: Jacques has been a performer, a criminal, and an Avenger all to prove and challenge himself.
Relationship: Jacques mentored Hawkeye and fell in love with Mantis.
Reputation: Swordsman has a bad rep as a thieving carny with a history of betrayals.

Jacques Duquesne was the son of a wealthy French landowner in the French Indo-China (Vietnam) esque Sin-Cong. When the natives rebelled against colonial rule, Jacques was invited to join them as he was pretty much the only European who didn't despise them. He became Swordsman, the costumed liberator! Until the rebels killed his father. After that, Swordsman left seeking adventure. He ended up with the Carson Carnival of Traveling Wonders, a star attraction and mentor to a young Clint Barton. Jacques ran off again beat Hawkeye half to death after he was caught stealing. After that Swordsman became a straight up super villain. Mandarin put some Makluan technology in his sword and set him to infiltrate the Avengers. As an Avenger, Swordsman is a PL 10 swordsman with +14 to hit or to parry, three ranks of Improved Critical, and the advantages to modify most of his caps. His alien tech sword gives him several PL 9 area and ranged attacks. Add in his athleticism and dubious history and you have a 150 point PC. Jacques left the Avengers and became a mercenary, but he returned to heroics out of love for the Celestial Madonna, Mantis. When he sacrificed himself for her, Swordsman became the first Avenger to die.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: GAZbuild Avengers: Hellcat, Sersi, Sentry, D-Man, Swords

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:53 pm

And except for that silly Chaos War thingie, the original Swordsman has had the good grace to stay dead. That hasn't stopped a couple stints in the Legion of the Unliving, but at least he hasn't pulled a true resurrection. Something that allows his heroic sacrifice to remain poignant.

Now, I guess there's a new (non-Strucker) Swordsman who was introduced, along with a female character called Magdalene or something, but since it happened in the rather forgetable "Leather jacket" Avengers era (as Jabroniville calls it), I'm not sure of the details.

Still, thanks Gaz for hitting my requested D-list Avengers. They make me all nostalgic-like.

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Sidious » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:51 am

Ah the Leather Jacket Avengers. They rate right up there with JLA-Detroit for me.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:11 am

Yay, D-Man! Man, I love his suckiness. For a big time team, the Avengers have sure had some questionable members along the way. And people make fun of the Super Friends... :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Yay, D-Man! Man, I love his suckiness. For a big time team, the Avengers have sure had some questionable members along the way. And people make fun of the Super Friends... :wink:
I have two words to explain that...Wonder...Dog. :lol:

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Android Human Torch (Jim Hammond)

Post by Gazman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Human Torch I - PL 11 Original Marvel

Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 7, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
Extraordinary Effort, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+7), Expertise: Police Officer 6 (+8), Insight 4 (+6), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Fire Control 6 (+9)

Powers
Fire Control
. . Fireball: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere [7 ranks only], Increased Range: ranged)
. . Flame Blasts: Damage 12 (DC 27; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 4)
. . Flame Shapes: Shapeable Area Damage 8 (DC 23; Shapeable Area: 30 feet, cubic, Increased Duration: concentration, Precise)
. . Intensify Sheath: Strength-based Damage 6 (DC 24; Reaction 3: reaction, Selective, Stacks with: Plasma Sheath: Strength-based Damage 4+6)
. . Nova Burst: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Penetrating 7)
. . Pyrokinesis: Move Object 11 (50 tons; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Increased Range: perception, Precise; Limited Material: Fire)
. . Skywriting: Visual Area Communication 2 (Area)
Horton Cells (Activation: Move Action)
. . Heat Shield: Protection 7 (+7 Toughness; Impervious; Limited: to physical attacks)
. . Immunity: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Fire)
. . Plasma Jets: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
. . Plasma Sheath: Strength-based Damage 4+6 ([Stacking ranks: +6], DC 28; Reaction 3: reaction, Selective)
Synthezoid: Immunity 4 (Aging, Disease, Suffocation (All))

Offense
Initiative +3
Fireball: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Flame Blasts: Damage 12, +10 (DC 27)
Flame Shapes: Shapeable Area Damage 8 (DC 23)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 13)
Intensify Sheath: Strength-based Damage 6, +7 (DC 24)
Nova Burst: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Plasma Sheath: Strength-based Damage 4+6, +7 (DC 28)
Pyrokinesis: Move Object 11 (DC 21)
Throw, +4 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 18)

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 11, Fortitude 11, Toughness 10, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 90 + Advantages 4 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Defenses 28 = 190

Complications
Honor: Jim put a lot of effort into finding out what humanity means and the difference between right and wrong. He will never betray that.
Power Loss: The Torch's fire powers are totally dependent on the presence of oxygen. They can by smothered or extinguished.
Prejudice: Some people think of the Torch as a sci-fi robot monster freak.
Rivalry: The sedate but flaming Torch has a long rivalry with the fiery but aquatic Submariner.
Secret: The Human Torch is really police officer Jim Hammond. Officer Hammond is really an android.

Way back in the day, Professor Phineas T. Horton built a man out of artificial materials. The man was accurate down to the structure of cells, even requiring food and sleep. The one problem with the super lifelike android was that it burst into perpetual flames when exposed to oxygen. So the synthetic man ran away and learned to control his flames. Then he learned how to be a man and a hero, and so we have the original Human Torch. This burning man calls himself Jim Hammond and sidelines as a cop. He fought in WWII alongside Captain America and Namor as part of the Invaders and then ended up buried until the West Coast Avengers dug him up. He joined them briefly and so technically counts as an Avenger. Hammond is PL 11, slightly less powerful and slightly slower than Human Torch, Johnny Storm. Hammond is stronger, tougher, smarter, and a capable investigator so he's more expensive though. The Initiative's Camp Hammond was named for this guy to show that heroes can be made.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Graviton

Post by Gazman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:08 pm

Graviton - PL 16 Fundamental Force

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 5, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
Great Endurance, Power Attack, Startle

Skills
Deception 6 (+9), Expertise: Science 8 (+13), Intimidation 8 (+11), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Gravity Mastery 8 (+10), Technology 4 (+9)

Powers
Adaptational Gravity: Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation: High Gravity, Environmental Adaptation: Low Gravity)
Gavitational Senses: Senses 6 (Accurate: Detect, Acute: Awareness, Awareness: Gravity (Mental), Detect: Mass (Mental) 2: ranged)
Gravitational Lift: Move Object 16 (400 ktons; Increased Duration: continuous, Increased Mass 8, Increased Range: perception, Precise)
Gravitic Force Field
. . Immunity: Immunity 10 (Linked; Life Support; Sustained)
. . Protection: Protection 10 (Linked; +10 Toughness; Impervious, Sustained)
Gravity Mastery 81 Point Dynamic Array
. . Adjust Gravity: Environment 10 (DYN, Impede Movement (2 ranks), Radius: 2 miles; Selective, Variable Descriptor: close group - High/Low Gravity)
. . Gravitic Force Blast: Damage 20 (DYN, DC 35; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Gravity Burst: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 16 (DYN, 1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Immobile, Defenseless, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Paralyzed, DC 26; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Instant Recovery)
. . Gravity Crush: Cumulative Affliction 20 (DYN, 1st degree: Impaired, Dazed, 2nd degree: Disabled, Stunned, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Incapacitated, DC 30; Accurate: +2, Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Gravity Field: Create 16 (DYN, Volume: 65000 cft., DC 26; Impervious, Movable, Selective, Stationary)
. . Gravity Imbue: Move Object 16 (DYN, 1600 tons; Increased Range: perception, Indirect 4: any point, any direction; Limited Direction: Towards/Away, Quirk: Requires Object)
. . Reinforced Field: Protection 10 (DYN, +10 Toughness; Impervious [4 extra ranks], Sustained)
Personal Anti-Gravity: Flight 8 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 12)
Gravitational Lift: Move Object 16 (DC 26)
Gravitic Force Blast: Damage 20, +12 (DC 35)
Gravity Burst: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 16 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 26)
Gravity Crush: Cumulative Affliction 20, +12 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 30)
Gravity Imbue: Move Object 16 (DC 26)
Throw, +2 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 7, Toughness 14/24, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 223 + Advantages 3 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 310

Complications
Disability: Graviton is very emotionally disturbed and mentally fragile. He's juggling god complex arrogance and listless low self esteem.
Motivation: Recognition: Graviton enjoys excercising his vast power for the recognition it gains him. He wants to literally remake the world in his image.
Obsession: Gaviton is obsessed with the ladies.

Franklin Hall was a brilliant physicist involved in a terrible accident. While trying to use particle accelerators to induce teleportation Hall blew everything up and found that his body had become infused with subatomic gravitons. Calling himself Graviton, Hall basked in the fear his new ability to control gravity gave him and began a career in super villainy. Graviton is ridiculously powerful. His dynamic array has three different effects that hit his PL 16 caps and cost 81 points. Or he can split those point and get PL 16 force fields and blasts with points left to spare. That force field is the kind of thing Hulk or Thor needs to power attack to even scratch. Outside of his array is the separate ability to lift staggering amounts and keep them floating, even while Hall sleeps. Graviton flies around and smashes entire Avengers teams. Luckily for the world he's not the most put together guy, so he lacks long term goals and foresight and he can be manipulated. But if that doesn't work, Graviton can put up a decent fight against every hero on Earth if he has to.
Last edited by Gazman on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: GAZbuild : Sersi, Sentry, D-Man, Swordsman, Torch, Gravi

Post by Gazman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Yeah. That's plenty of heroes. Bad guy time now. :twisted:

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Graviton...the world's mightiest jobber! Well, almost. Owen Reece, the Molecule Man probably beats him for that title, but only barely. Fantastic.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:39 pm

World's mightiest jobber! That is totally spot on. Graviton has all the power in the world and in a fight he always beats the heroes pretty soundly, but he never actually wins.

Oh man! I forgot Molecule Man when I was doing my Fantastic Foes run. I'll fit him in later. I remember Owen actually owning his power, along with his emotions and his life. I like to think he rose out of the all-mighty losers club

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 pm

Gazman wrote:World's mightiest jobber! That is totally spot on. Graviton has all the power in the world and in a fight he always beats the heroes pretty soundly, but he never actually wins.

Oh man! I forgot Molecule Man when I was doing my Fantastic Foes run. I'll fit him in later. I remember Owen actually owning his power, along with his emotions and his life. I like to think he rose out of the all-mighty losers club
He owes that to the love of his life, the muffin topped mistress of magma, Marsha Rosenberg...Volcana.

A super-villain romance that would not only work, but rehabilitate both of the people involved...unlike Skeeter...Titania's romance :shock: with Crusher Creel.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:44 pm

Horsenhero wrote:[He owes that to the love of his life, the muffin topped mistress of magma, Marsha Rosenberg...Volcana.

A super-villain romance that would not only work, but rehabilitate both of the people involved...unlike Skeeter...Titania's romance :shock: with Crusher Creel.
Yeah, but it happened in Secret Wars II. So we don't like to talk about it.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Count Nefaria

Post by Gazman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Count Nefaria - PL 16 Mafia Superman

Strength 20, Stamina 16, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 8, Intellect 5, Awareness 4, Presence 5

Advantages
Benefit 6: Billionaire Maggia Don, Connected, Languages 1, Ranged Attack 5, Ultimate Effort: Toughness, Well-informed

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+12), Deception 4 (+9), Expertise: Criminal 8 (+13), Expertise: Science 4 (+9), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 8 (+13), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+11), Ranged Combat: Living Lasers: Damage 18 4 (+7), Technology 8 (+13)

Powers
Ionic Invulnerability: Protection 5 (+5 Toughness; Impervious [16 extra ranks])
Ionic Physiology: Immunity 16 (Aging, Fatigue Effects, Life Support)
Ionic Vampire
. . Ionic Absorpsion: Immunity 5 (Damage Effect: Ionic)
. . Ionic Command: Affliction 16 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 26; Increased Range 2: perception; Limited: to Ionic Beings, Limited: to those whose power he has absorbed)
Living Lasers: Damage 18 (DC 33; Increased Range: ranged)
Self-Restoration: Regeneration 6 (Every 1.66 rounds)
. . Immortality: Immortality 3 (Alternate; Return after 4 days)
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 4 (+4 STR; Limited to Lifting)
Whirlwind Flight: Flight 12 (Speed: 8000 miles/hour, 16 miles/round)
. . Whirlwind Speed
. . . . Quickness: Quickness 12 (Perform routine tasks in -12 time ranks)
. . . . Speed: Speed 12 (Speed: 8000 miles/hour, 16 miles/round)

Offense
Initiative +3
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 30)
Ionic Command: Affliction 16 (DC Will 26)
Living Lasers: Damage 18, +12 (DC 33)
Throw, +8 (DC 35)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 35)

Defense
Dodge 11, Parry 11, Fortitude 16, Toughness 21, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 128 + Powers 135 + Advantages 15 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 325

Complications
Disability: Count Nefaria's ionic energy form is powerful, but unstable. His body will deterorate without regular infulxes of ionic energy.
Enemy: Count Nefaria was an extemely wanted criminal even before he got super powers and started picking fights with the Avengers.
Motivation: Greed: Count Nefaria has always had wealth but craves more along with power.
Relationship: Count Nefaria has an on/off relationship with his daughter, Madame Masque.
Responsibility: Count Nefaria is a leader of the criminal Maggia

Count Luchino Nefaria is the other completely over powered team destroying Avengers foe. Originally an Italian nobleman, Nefaria's lust for power drove him to join the international crime syndicate the Maggia. There he used his brilliant mind, technology expertise, and vast sums of money to become one of their top guys. Nefaria fought the Avengers and the X-men a few times as with advanced weaponry, but failed to live up to his expectations. So he formed a new Lethal Legion with Whirlwind, Living Laser, and the original Power Man. They lost and he took all of their powers for himself. One hundred fold. Nefaria now had 325 point worth of strength, durability, speed, flight, and energy projection. That plus his criminal exploits makes him a PL 16 monster. Nefaria can catch Thor's Mjolnir, no sell Wonder Man's power attacks, and basically beat on every Avenger and Thunderbolt at once. The Count hits his caps with unarmed attacks and active defenses and he's backed up by PL 15 blasts and 14 saves. A big difference between him and Graviton is that while Nefaria is a power hungry showoff and grandstander, he's not psychotic and can still whip up a decent plan.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: GAZbuild : D-Man, Swordsman, Torch, Graviton, Nefaria

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Count Nefaria...holy bejeezus, what a monster. On the plus side, he isn't popular enough that he's used very often, which is kind of sad. Unfortunately, unlike Dr. Doom or Magneto or Ultron or any of the more popular villains, he lacks that extra, special villainous mastermind...something.

I suppose, if a writer spent enough time working on him as a master villain behind the scenes, before he confronted the heroes, he'd be more interesting. Even blinkin' mr. invincible, Thanos gets more characterization. It's kind of a tragedy really, since Count Nefaria has real potential.