GAZbuild: Mastermind, Blob, Destiny, Spiral, Sauron, Arcade

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: GAZbuild : D-Man, Swordsman, Torch, Graviton, Nefaria

Post by Jabroniville » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:09 pm

yeah, Nefaria has just never possessed that special something to put him over the top- he's more powerful than almost anybody on Marvel Earth (how many characters are more powerful than THOR? And NOTICEABLY so?), yet people barely remember him.

Part of it's the issue of his origins- he didn't gain the powers till much later, so it's almost not even the "iconic" Nefaria. But there's more:

* Uninteresting look. Doom looks AWESOME (Darth Vader stole parts of his design for a reason). Ultron is menacing as HELL. Juggernaut, Magneto, etc. are all interesting to look at, cool and iconic. Nefaria is in the most generic "This is a Super-Villain" costume EVER, and is just some regular dude with a goatee.

* No iconic stories. Even in the '60s he was never really used, and basically went forgotten until some others brought him back a couple times as a "hey- remember THIS guy?" thing once they over-used the GOOD villains. He killed a friggin' X-Man and even THEY barely cared enough to ever come after him again.

* His innate motivation is "I wanna have power". Not a BAD villainous motivation (Disney villains have been made over less- oh hey shameless promoting of my own thread :)), and one that leads many super-villains to glory, but this guy is supposed to be a MASTER VILLAIN. You need a LITTLE bit more than that- even Thanos has various other attributes and motivations, like self-loathing and a lust for Death. Nefaria just seems so one-note by comparison.

* TOO powerful- He's so tough that most guys could not even conceivably scratch him without the full force of the Avengers behind him, and so most writers won't use him, especially when there's more famous "OMG this guy is POWERFUL!" types of villains out there.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:32 pm

So.... would it be fair to say that Nefaria is a mafia (Maggi?) version of Superman with all the accompanying overpowered difficulties?

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Yeah, he's sort of the Vulcan/Exodus of the Avengers...just not thrown in our face as much.

Heck, Michael Korvac, as over the top as he is, has more interesting storylines and characterization.

In fact, he reminds me of the Magus in his menacing-yet somehow boring-stories. And I don't mean Warlock of the X-Men's sire, though he would work too, I mean the silver afro sporting, purple outfitted mirror image villain of Adam Warlock.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Considering Starlin was into acid & mary-J, I'm a bit surprised the Warlock stories are so dull. But then, he was always the more philosophical & "cosmic" of druggies.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Jabroniville wrote:Considering Starlin was into acid & mary-J, I'm a bit surprised the Warlock stories are so dull. But then, he was always the more philosophical & "cosmic" of druggies.
Generally speaking, I'm a Jim Starlin fan. I think he, Wally Wood, Jim Steranko and Gil Kane are incredibly underappreciated in the world of comics. That being said, all the Magus ever seemed to do was be "all-knowing and vaguely evil" for a couple panels or a page every issue, but never really make any sort of "go" at the hero. Even Thanos eventually got around to being proactive...and when he did...boy howdy! Magus never did though, which made him boring. Not to mention his look was retro disco awful.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:45 am

You guys are right on with Nefaria's problems as a character in a comic book. But some of those same qualities are perfect for a character in an RPG. He's a serious threat to even high PL PCs and basic "I am a power hungry super-criminal" characterization make it simple to use him as a "Holy smokes! Count Nefaria is attacking the nuclear launch site!" type random encounter.
Spectrum wrote:So.... would it be fair to say that Nefaria is a mafia (Maggi?) version of Superman with all the accompanying overpowered difficulties?
Gazman wrote:Image
Count Nefaria - PL 16 Mafia Superman
:D

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Red Skull

Post by Gazman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:09 am

Red Skull - PL 11 Death Nazi

Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 6, Dexterity 6, Fighting 12, Intellect 6, Awareness 5, Presence 6

Advantages
Assessment, Benefit 6: Top Nazi, Connected, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 2, Fascinate (Intimidation), Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Inspire, Languages 2, Leadership, Ranged Attack 6, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Terrorist, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+8), Athletics 4 (+8), Deception 10 (+16), Expertise: Science 5 (+11), Expertise: Terrorist 15 (+21), Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation 12 (+18), Perception 4 (+9), Persuasion 8 (+14), Technology 4 (+10), Vehicles 4 (+10)

Powers
Dust of Death (Easily Removable)
. . Cigarette: Progressive Affliction 10 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Progressive, Reach (melee): 5 ft., Subtle: subtle)
. . Pistol: Progressive Affliction 10 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Increased Range: ranged, Progressive)
Super Clone Soldier (Advantages: Great Endurance)
. . Immunity: Immunity 2 (Aging, Sleep; Limited - Half Effect)
. . Leaping: Leaping 1 (Leap 15 feet at 4 miles/hour)
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 1 (Every 10 rounds)
. . Speed: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)

Equipment
Heavy Pistol, Undercover Shirt

Offense
Initiative +10
Cigarette: Progressive Affliction 10, +12 (DC Fort 20)
Grab, +12 (DC Spec 14)
Heavy Pistol, +12 (DC 19)
Pistol: Progressive Affliction 10, +12 (DC Fort 20)
Throw, +12 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 19)

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fortitude 8, Toughness 9/4, Will 14

Power Points
Abilities 98 + Powers 30 + Advantages 28 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Defenses 21 = 215

Complications
Enemy: Kapitän Amerika!
Hatred: The Red Skull hates pretty much all of humanity. Especially the "unpure", the "lesser" races, women, Jews, and all of that Nazi stuff.
Motivation: Patriotism: Sick as it is, Red Skull is actually a true believer patriot of the Third Reich.
Reputation: He's a freakin' Nazi! Red Skull's rep is so bad that most other super villains won't work with him.

Johann Schmidt is Captain America's oldest WW II enemy and considered one of the greatest threats to humanity alive today. He started off as a hateful orphan, a beggar, and thief and became known to Hitler when he posed as a hotel bellboy to make an impression. Hitler decided to turn the lowly servant into a better Nazi than any of his SS officers. He ended up with a Skull-faced mass murderer with the ability to make both PL 11 poison attacks and evil schemes. Good job. I guess. This Red Skull has his mind going around in body cloned from post super soldier serum Steve Rogers. Even if Johann loses his progressive affliction (available in capped out ranged and melee variety) he's still got physical power. He doesn't put as intensive an effort of maintaining his body as Cap does, because most of his time is spent in other pursuits. Other pursuits include striking fear into entire nations, bossing around his evil minions, and scheming his way into becoming America's Secretary of Defense.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Mandarin

Post by Gazman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:09 pm

Mandarin - PL 13 Ringed Warlord

Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 14, Intellect 8, Awareness 4, Presence 3

Advantages
Assessment, Benefit 4: Wealth and Status, Defensive Roll 4, Diehard, Equipment 1, Improved Critical: Chi Strike, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Inventor, Languages 3, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Ritualist, Trance

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 4 (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+16), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise: Arcane Lore 4 (+12), Expertise: Business 2 (+10), Expertise: Military 4 (+12), Expertise: Science 8 (+16), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 8 (+11), Perception 6 (+10), Ranged Combat: Ten Rings of Power 2 (+6), Technology 8 (+16)

Powers
Chi Mastery: Immunity 2 (Aging, Starvation & Thirst)
Chi Strike: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 23, Advantages: Improved Critical; Penetrating 8 )
Ring Scry: Remote Sensing 13 (Affects: 2 Types, inc. Visual - Visual Auditory, Range: 30 miles; Subtle: DC 20+rank; Medium: The Ten Rings)
Ten Rings of Power (Removable)
. . Restricted to Mandarin and Those He Names: Feature 2
. . Ring Power 70 Point Dynamic Array
. . . . Blinding Blast: Cumulative Affliction 14 (DYN, 1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 24; Accurate: +2, Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor: close group - Light/Dark; Limited: To Sight)
. . . . Disintegration Beam DYN
. . . . . . Damage: Damage 14 (Linked; DYN, DC 29; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: Once Every Twenty Minutes)
. . . . . . Weaken: Weaken 14 (Linked; Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 24; Accurate: +2, Affects Objects, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: Once Every Twenty Minutes)
. . . . Elemental Blast: Damage 14 (DYN, DC 29; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Any Elemental)
. . . . Elemental Grip: Move Object 13 (DYN, 200 tons; Increased Range: perception, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Air Vortex/Gravity/Magnetism)
. . . . Environmental Energies: Environment 6 (DYN, Cold (Extreme), Heat (Extreme), Impede Movement (2 ranks), Light (Bright), Visibility (-5), Radius: 900 feet; Selective, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Any Elemental)
. . . . Images: Illusion 13 (DYN, Affects: All Sense Types, Area: 8000 cft., DC 23; Variable Descriptor: close group - Mental Projections/Holograms)
. . . . Mental Domination: Cumulative Affliction 13 (DYN, 1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 23; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . . . Obscuring Area: Burst Area Concealment Attack 4 (DYN, All Visual Senses, DC 14; Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, Attack: Dodge, Increased Range: ranged)
. . . . Snare: Cumulative Affliction 14 (DYN, 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Immobile, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, DC 24; Accurate: +2, Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor: close group - Ice/Solidified Air)
. . . . Transmute Creatures: Affliction 10 (DYN, 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Accurate: +2, Increased Duration 3: continuous, Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Into Whatever)
. . . . Transmute Objects: Transform 10 (DYN, Affects: Anything, Transforms: 800 lbs., DC 20; Increased Duration: continuous, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Summonable: Feature 1
. . Vortex Flight: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)

Equipment
Armored Robe (Undercover Shirt)

Offense
Initiative +8
Blinding Blast: Cumulative Affliction 14, +12 (DC Fort 24)
Chi Strike: Strength-based Damage 4, +16 (DC 23)
Damage: Damage 14, +12 (DC 29)
Elemental Blast: Damage 14, +12 (DC 29)
Elemental Grip: Move Object 13 (DC 23)
Grab, +14 (DC Spec 14)
Mental Domination: Cumulative Affliction 13 (DC Will 23)
Obscuring Area: Burst Area Concealment Attack 4 (DC Dog 14)
Snare: Cumulative Affliction 14, +12 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 24)
Throw, +8 (DC 19)
Transmute Creatures: Affliction 10, +12 (DC Fort 20)
Transmute Objects: Transform 10, +10 (DC Dog 20)
Unarmed, +16 (DC 19)
Weaken: Weaken 14, +12 (DC Fort 24)

Defense
Dodge 14, Parry 14, Fortitude 11, Toughness 10/4, Will 13

Power Points
Abilities 90 + Powers 128 + Advantages 25 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Defenses 26 = 300

Complications
Enemy: Iron Man
Honor: Mandarin is an evil dictator type, but an honest one who will always keep his word.
Obsession: Mandarin is obsessed with the idea of following after his ancestor Genghis Khan and conquering the world.

The Mandarin's real name is not known to the world at large. It is known that his parents were rich and powerful, a descendant of Genghis Khan and a British noble lady. When they died, he grew up angry and funneled his inheritance into science and martial arts training. He ended up exploring the Valley of Spirits where he discovered a crashed Makluan space ships. He turned the alien rings he found inside to his own purposes and began conquering. Mandarin and his conquerings are usually faced down by his arch-enemy Iron Man. Just like Tony, Mandarin is PL 13 with his signature technologies. For Mandarin that's the 10 Makluan Power rings he wears and mentally commands. The rings produce a bunch of different effects, some of which can come from different rings. And some rings can produce more than one effect. For example: Mandarin's elemental blasts can be lighting, fire, ice, or force and come from four different rings. The ice ring can also make snares and make environmental shifts. Etc. The rings are backed up by Mandarin's expert martial arts training. He can focus his chi enough to live off the energy practically forever and punch hard enough to break the Iron Man armor. Mandarin has PL 12 melee attacks, active defenses, and saves along with a couple of different expertise sets. He's the arch-enemy of one of the big-name Avengers after all.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Abomination

Post by Gazman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Abomination - PL 13 Ravager of Worlds

Strength 16, Stamina 15, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 8, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
All-out Attack, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Languages 2, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle, Trance

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+10), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise: Spy 6 (+8), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 12 (+16), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+6), Stealth 8 (+5), Technology 4 (+6)

Powers
Abominable Build
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 5 (+5 STR; Limited to Lifting)
. . Growth: Growth 4 (+4 STR, +4 STA, +2 Intimidate, -4 Stealth, -2 active defenses, +1 size category; Permanent)
Gamma Feats
. . Groundstrike: Burst Area Damage 13 (Alternate; DC 28; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere; Limited: Abomination and Targets Must Be On Same Surface)
. . Knockdown: Burst Area Affliction 13 (Alternate; 1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Prone, DC 23; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree)
. . Pushback: Burst Area Move Object 13 (Alternate; 200 tons; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere; Limited Direction: Away, Reduced Range: close)
. . Thunderclap: Burst Area Affliction 13 (Alternate; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 23; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere; Limited Degree)
Gamma Moves: Leaping 14 (Leap 16 miles at 250 miles/hour in 4 minutes)
. . Speed: Speed 6 (Alternate; Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
. . Swimming: Swimming 6 (Alternate; Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
Gills: Immunity 1 (Suffocation: Drowning)
Monsterous Fortitude
. . Immunity: Immunity 10 (Damage Effect: Radiation, Enviromental Conditions (All))
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 6 (Every 1.66 rounds; Persistent)
Scaly Hide: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness; Impervious [15 extra ranks])

Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 26)
Groundstrike: Burst Area Damage 13 (DC 28)
Knockdown: Burst Area Affliction 13 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 23)
Pushback: Burst Area Move Object 13 (DC 23)
Throw, +7 (DC 31)
Thunderclap: Burst Area Affliction 13 (DC Fort 23)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 31)

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 15, Toughness 17, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 78 + Powers 75 + Advantages 18 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 215

Complications
Enemy: The Hulk
Prejudice: Blonsky cannot return to his human form and is permanently a monsterous green gamma monster.
Weakness: Excess of cold and pain or oxygen deprivation can force the Abomination into suspended animation.

Emil Blonsky was a Soviet spy from communist Yugoslavia sent to sabotage General Ross's Air Force base. He decided to activate a gamma ray emitter that Bruce Banner built to commit suicide with. The massive dose of gamma radiation turned Blonsky into a monster even stronger than the Hulk, the Abomination. Abomination is a PL 13 beast, twice as strong as baseline Hulk. Combine that with Blonsky's training and you have capped out unarmed attacks and active defenses. Abomination doesn't have Hulk's rage boost and so he ends up one PL lower in the grand scheme. Abomination is still ruinously powerful and he retains all of Blonsky's personality, knowledge, and skills, which Banner loses in his transformation. Should his strength or espionage skills fail him, Abomination can fall back on his regenerative powers and ability to diehard/trance his way out of real trouble.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: GAZbuild : Graviton, Nefaria, Skull, Mandarin, Abominati

Post by Horsenhero » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:16 pm

AAAaaaaahh! Three builds posted without a comment! I'm so slacking here.

Red Skull is cool. I love the Mandarin build. I always thought if written right, he could be one of Marvel's best "big bads"...of course getting an eye-catching "signature look" couldn't hurt. There's a reason why Dr. Doom, Kingpin, Magneto, Ultron and Thanos are so well liked. Eye catching, signature looks. Every great villain needs one.

Lastly, Emil. I've always dug the Abomination. I think he's got a great design. It kind of makes me laugh that some of my favorite characters (Abomination, Doc Samson, She Hulk) all come from the mythos of a character I don't like all that much (Hulk).

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: GAZbuild : Graviton, Nefaria, Skull, Mandarin, Abominati

Post by Gazman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Aaaaaaaaah! No worries. I don't expect comments on every build I post. Thanks for the appreciation anyway, Horsenhero! Really I'm the one slacking. Wish I had some more builds done this week, but I've been busy.

I think Mandarin's green and gold robe is a decent look. I've always liked the Hulk, but never really been impressed with Blonsky or Samson. I think everybody can agree that Jennifer is a fantastic character, though.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Leader

Post by Gazman » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Leader - PL 12 Macrocephalitic Mastermind

Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 11, Awareness 6, Presence 0

Advantages
Eidetic Memory, Equipment 17, Favored Foe: Hulk, Inventor, Leadership, Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative

Skills
Close Combat: Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 12 4 (+6), Deception 6 (+6), Expertise: Science 10 (+21), Expertise: Tactics 4 (+15), Insight 8 (+14), Investigation 1 (+12), Technology 11 (+22), Treatment 4 (+15)

Powers
Gamma Creature: Immunity 1 (Environmental Condition: Radiation)
Gamma Enhanced Intellect
. . Calculate Probabilities: Senses 4 (Precognition; Check Required: DC 11 - Intellect)
. . Think Fast: Quickness 4 (Perform routine tasks in -4 time ranks; Limited to One Type: Mental)
Mental Abilities
. . Mental Blast: Damage 9 (DC 24; Alternate Resistance: Will, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 12 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 22; Cumulative)
. . Psychokinetic Blasts: Move Object 9 (12 tons, DC 24; Damaging, Increased Range: perception)

Equipment
Murder Module, Undercover Shirt
High Tech Arsenal
. . Force Rifle: Damage 12 (DC 27; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . Snare Gun: Cumulative Affliction 12 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Immobile, Defenseless, DC 22; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
. . Stun Pistol: Cumulative Affliction 12 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 22; Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)

Offense
Initiative +1
Force Rifle: Damage 12, +6 (DC 27)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 10)
Mental Blast: Damage 9 (DC Will 24)
Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 12, +6 (DC Will 22)
Psychokinetic Blasts: Move Object 9 (DC 24)
Snare Gun: Cumulative Affliction 12, +6 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 22)
Stun Pistol: Cumulative Affliction 12, +6 (DC Fort 22)
Throw, +6 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +2 (DC 15)

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 5, Toughness 3, Will 13

Power Points
Abilities 46 + Powers 44 + Advantages 26 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 160

Complications
Arrogance: You insignificant fools cannot even begin to comprehend the intricacies of the Leader's magnificent mental processes.
Enemy: Hulk.
Obsession: The Leader is obsessed with taking over the world and remaking it in his own image.

Samuel Sterns was the dumb ass night janitor of a chemical plant when he was exposed to gamma radiation from a chemical leak. The radiation mutated him in the same fashion as Hulk and Abomination making him green and deformed. Instead of improving his physical powers the gamma rays jacked up Sterns mental prowess turning him into the PL 12 Leader. Leader only makes caps with his technology skill but his Eidetic Memory and high Int let him bust out impressive scores from any other Expertise out there. Leader's super brain also gives him some mental powers at PL 9 with touch range mind control and perception range TP or TK blasts. His inventive genius has given Sterns some pretty impressive equipment so he has an array of PL 9 blasts, snares, and stuns. Beyond that he's really a wuss. Which is why he stole the Murder Module below.

--------------------

Murder Module - Strength 13, Defense -4, Toughness 13, Size Gargantuan

Powers
Articulated Tri-Limbs
. . Movement: Movement 1 (Sure-footed 1)
. . Speed: Speed 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
Weapon Systems
. . Force Blaster: Damage 15 (DC 30; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Stun Gas: Cumulative Cloud Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, Cumulative)

Offense
Force Blaster: Damage 15, +6 (DC 30)
Stun Gas: Cumulative Cloud Area Affliction 10 (DC Fort 20)

Power Points
Abilities 4 + Powers 37 + Advantages 0 + Features 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 4 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 45

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Purple Man

Post by Gazman » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:10 pm

Purple Man - PL 12 Super Slaver

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 4

Advantages
Benefit, Wealth 3 (millionare), Connected, Contacts, Daze (Deception), Diehard, Set-up, Taunt, Well-informed

Skills
Deception 12 (+16), Expertise: Criminal 8 (+11), Expertise: Spy 4 (+7), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 6 (+10), Investigation 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 10 (+14), Stealth 6 (+8), Technology 4 (+7)

Powers
Healing Factor: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds; Persistent)
Mind Control Pheromones: Concentration Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 12 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 22; Perception Area, Concentration, Cumulative, Selective, Subtle: subtle)

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 12)
Mind Control Pheremones: Concentration Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 12 (DC Will 22)
Throw, +2 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 6, Toughness 4, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 65 + Advantages 10 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Defenses 21 = 175

Complications
Enemy: Purple Man's will crushing has earned him plenty of enemies including Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and more.
Motivation: Greed: Killgrave simply wants money, women, and power over others.
Power Loss: Purple Man's pheromones don't work unless they are inhaled or absorbed through the skin.
Prejudice: Killgrave is literally a purple man and easy to spot as a supervillain.

Zebadiah Killgrave was a Soviet spy trying to steal an experimental nerve gas. He was shot at and exposed to the gas, which impregnated his skin and dyed him purple. When he was captured and questioned, Killgrave discovered that he had also gained the ability to command the wills of others. He took to calling himself Purple Man and set out on a career of crime. Purple Man's PL 12 is all thanks to his mind control power, but its a dozy. Killgrave's pheromones can affect any- or everybody in his area for as long he pumps them out. From that point all but the strongest willed individuals will do whatever he wants. And Purple Man wants some twisted stuff. Thanks to his spy background and picking up stuff from his thralls, Killgrave is really plugged in to resources and information. He's backed by PL 6 active defenses and 9 saves but does most his non-powered work with his big ole social skill scores. Zebadiah Killgrave also has a healing factor and a totally bitchin' name.

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: GAZbuild : Skull, Mandarin, Abomination, Leader, Purple

Post by Earth-Two_Kenn » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Didn't Purple Man get killed in "Emperor Doom", or did his regeneration save him?
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: GAZbuild : Skull, Mandarin, Abomination, Leader, Purple

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:18 pm

Doesn't the Leader also have an army of little pink, plastic, humanoid robots?

Also, Jabroniville brought this up, but it bears repeating...Killgrave is a much better villain name than "The Purple Man". It kind of makes you wonder what the heck the writers were thinking when he was created.

Of course having taken 5 years of Russian way back in the day, I can tell you with absolute certainty that Zebediah Killgrave isn't a Russian name. Not even a little bit.