GAZbuild: Mastermind, Blob, Destiny, Spiral, Sauron, Arcade

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Wolfsbane

Post by Gazman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Wolfsbane - PL 10 Werewolf Woobie

Strength 6/2, Stamina 7/3, Agility 6/4, Dexterity 0, Fighting 11/9, Intellect 1, Awareness 5/2, Presence 0

Advantages
All-out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Equipment 1, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Critical: Claws and Fangs: Strength-based Damage 2, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+8), Athletics 2 (+8), Expertise: Religion 8 (+9), Expertise: Survival 4 (+9/+5), Insight 4 (+9), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+13/+9), Stealth 4 (+10), Treatment 6 (+7)

Powers
Wolf Form (Activation: Move Action, Advantages: All-out Attack, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Critical, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Prone Fighting,)
. . Claws and Fangs: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 23; Split: 2 targets)
. . Minor Healing Factor: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds)
. . Wolf Senses: Senses 8 (Acute: Scent, Communication Link: Mental Link to Mirage, Extended: Scent 2: x100, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Infravision, Low-light Vision, Tracking 1: Scent, Ultra-hearing)
. . Wolf Shaped: Morph 2 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Narrow group; Limited: To Red Wolf or Red Werewolf)
. . Wolf Speed: Speed 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
. . Wolf Stats: Enhanced Trait 39 (Traits: Strength +4 (+6), Stamina +4 (+7), Agility +2 (+6), Awareness +3 (+5), Fighting +2 (+11), Intimidation +10 (+10), Perception +4 (+13), Expertise +4 (+9))

Equipment
Comlink, Undercover Shirt

Offense
Initiative +10
Claws and Fangs: Strength-based Damage 2, +12 (DC 23)
Grab, +12 (DC Spec 16)
Throw, +0 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 21)

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 11, Fortitude 11, Toughness 9, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 74 + Advantages 3 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 150

Complications
Disability: Rahne's wolf forms can affect her state of mind and make her less concerned with human problems. If she goes full on wolf than she also losses the ability to talk and handle objects.
Fundamentalism: Rahne was raised by a lying, bigoted, abusive man of the cloth who wouldn't admit to being her biological father. He did however tell her that she was demon tainted and going to hell. She's kinda internalized that and feels bad for enjoying wolf form.
Prejudice: Mutie scum!
Relationship: Dani Moonstar is her "soulmate", best friend, and possibly lover. Either Rictor or Hrimhari is her loverboy. Moira MacTaggert was her surragate mother.
Responsibility: The X-men fight to protect a world that hates and fears them.

Rahne Sinclair is the sad and conflicted one of the New Mutants. She's deeply religious, but her religious upbringing taught her to hate herself and feel bad for enjoying her life and her gifts. Also that baggy spandex suits that cover ankle to neck are daring clothes. Poor girl can get in touch with her wild side, though. Her mutant power lets her turn into a PL 10 wolf/wolf monster (stats are functionally the same, they just look different). She hits caps with her natural weapons, parry, and saves as long as she remains transformed. But stats aren't the only thing that change, when Rahne morphs. Her senses go through the roof (she can smell further than Wolverine!) and she gets some lupine tricks like biting down with crushing strength to pull people off balance and then not let go, and scaring them $%!*less with snarling and growling. Girl knows her Bible, her first-aid, and the wolf prince of Asgard (intimately). Wolfsbane is the only person to be on the New Mutants, X-Factor, Excalibur, X-Force, and the X-men.
Last edited by Gazman on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Karma - PL 10 One Note Mind Controller

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 3, Awareness 4, Presence 1

Advantages
Equipment 1, Languages 2, Set-up, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+6), Athletics 4 (+6), Deception 5 (+6), Expertise: Librarian 6 (+9), Insight 6 (+10), Perception 2 (+6), Treatment 3 (+6)

Powers
Mental Link: Mind Reading 6 (DC 16; Sensory Link; Limited: To Those Possessed)
Possession Power
. . Mass Possesion: Concentration Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 6 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 16; Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, Concentration, Cumulative, Selective)
. . Mental Hold: Concentration Cumulative Affliction 8 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Concentration, Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Possession: Concentration Cumulative Affliction 10 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Concentration, Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception; Feedback)
Psionic Deflection
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Will +4 (+14))
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Will 14

Equipment
Comlink, Undercover Shirt

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 12)
Mass Possesion: Concentration Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 6 (DC Will 16)
Mental Hold: Concentration Cumulative Affliction 8 (DC Will 18)
Mental Link: Mind Reading 6 (DC Will 16)
Possession: Concentration Cumulative Affliction 10 (DC Will 20)
Throw, +0 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 6, Toughness 4, Will 14/10

Power Points
Abilities 40 + Powers 72 + Advantages 5 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 150

Complications
Enemy: Xi'an's uncle is the evil military guy General Nguyen Ngoc Coy who wants to use her power for evil military purposes lording over Singapore.
Prejudice: Mutie scum! Also: Damn foreign lesbian!
Relationship: Her young twin siblings, Leong and Nga and their care are the most importantist parts of Xi'an's life.
Weakness: Those controlled by Karma are a little woobly and woozy at first and take a sec to use their abilities as she commands. If she possesses somebody for too long, then their personality starts to take over her own.

Xi'an Coy Manh is the smartest, most stable, most responsible, and most booooring of the New Mutants. She's a librarian who spends more time looking after her lil brother and sister than she does engaging in cool world saving heroics or character building dramatic arcs. Despite that she the same PL 10 150 points as her four original team mates. Karma hits caps with her perception range mind control and hold powers as well as her saves. She's not quite up to snuff as a physical combatant, though and if the guy she's controlling has friends she could be in trouble. Probably not if they're low level telepaths though since Karma puts out like psionic static or something that can shield her mind pretty good. Other than that, she was really really fat and mean one time.
Last edited by Gazman on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: GAZbuild Newish Mutants

Post by Gazman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Okay! That's the original five New Mutants done. I'm going to do everybody here Image
but I'm having a little trouble with Magik and Warlock. Stay tuned for the rest soon, tough!

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Nice Wolfsbane & Karma. And yeah, Magik's about the hugest pain in the ass EVER to build- she's someone who was clearly never created with "Stat-based RPGs" in mind :). Warlock's also a toughie, ESPECIALLY if you're hoping to make him fit point-caps regarding his Power Level. And we seem to be in complete agreement regarding the qualities of the team- Wolfsbane's a sympathy-inspiring Woobie, and Karma's completely and totally boring as a character. What's worst- her power is one of those things that automatically takes away any drama from a story, as it's completely "All or Nothing"- if it works, then the villain's beaten, and if it doesn't work, she's useless.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:44 pm

Hah. So apparently I was totally joking about having more builds soon. Turns out that I was really busy at work and then I was really sick. As soon as I felt better, I did finish up the rest of the New Mutants and then before I could post them my computer got some sort of horrific virus (do not trust off brand Hulu knock offs). Since my computer is where I do and store all my character builds, this kinda puts a moratorium on new GAZbuild stuff until I can get it fixed. My bad. Sorry.

peteyrock
Cohort
Cohort

Post by peteyrock » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Very, very cool builds. Even though she'll be a pain, I'm looking forward to seeing Magik.

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Post by luketheduke86 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:52 pm

Gazman wrote:Hah. So apparently I was totally joking about having more builds soon. Turns out that I was really busy at work and then I was really sick. As soon as I felt better, I did finish up the rest of the New Mutants and then before I could post them my computer got some sort of horrific virus (do not trust off brand Hulu knock offs). Since my computer is where I do and store all my character builds, this kinda puts a moratorium on new GAZbuild stuff until I can get it fixed. My bad. Sorry.
Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck there Gazman. While it sucks that we'll have to wait for more great builds, I think it's safe to say that we'll all wait (semi)patiently for your return. :D
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Goldar » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:44 am

Likewise, sorry to hear about your troubles. :(

I was starting to go into Gazman-character-withdrawals awaiting new profiles! Until your return, I will look over all the great profiles you have posted thus far to satiate myself.

Hope to see you back soon! :)

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Computer isn't completely clean, but it no longer tells me that every program is spyware infested or tries to sell me fictitious security software.
peteyrock wrote:Very, very cool builds. Even though she'll be a pain, I'm looking forward to seeing Magik.
Very, very many thanks, peteyrock. Magik et al are coming up right after this.

Luke and Goldar, thanks for the patience. Hope you think the rest are as good as what's come before. And that if you're American you had a happy Thanksgiving.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Magik

Post by Gazman » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:22 pm

Magik - PL 10 Demon-Tainted Russian Chick

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 10, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Benefit 4: Queen and Sorceress Supreme of Limbo, Diehard, Equipment 1, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Intimidation), Favored Environment: Limbo, Favored Foe: Magic Users, Improved Critical: Soulsword Summoning, Languages 1, Power Attack, Ritualist, Startle

Skills
Expertise: Limbic Queening 6 (+7), Expertise: Magic 12 (+13), Intimidation 10 (+13), Ranged Combat: Black and White Magik 6 (+8)

Powers
Black and White Magik
. . Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 11 (Affects: 3 Types, inc. Visual - Audio, Visual, Mental, Range: 8 miles; Dimensional 2: group - Astral Plane and Earth, Subtle: DC 20+rank; Limited: Physical Body is Helpless, Limited: In Limbo Only)
. . Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 8 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception; Limited: In Limbo Only)
. . Mystic Binding: Cumulative Affliction 12 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Immobile, Defenseless, DC 22; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: In Limbo Only, Limited Degree)
. . Mystic Blast: Damage 12 (DC 27; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 12, Variable Descriptor: close group - Mystic Elements; Limited: In Limbo Only)
. . Mystic Creations: Create 10 (Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20; Increased Duration: continuous, Innate; Limited: In Limbo Only)
. . Mystic Transformation: Cumulative Affliction 12 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Will, DC 22; Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: In Limbo Only)
. . Soulsword Summoning
. . . . Mystic Armor: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness)
. . . . Soulsword Cutting: Damage 10 (DC 25, Advantages: Improved Critical; Penetrating 10; Limited: To Magical Enemies)
. . . . . . Soulsword Countering: Nullify 10 (Alternate; Counters: Magical Powers, DC 20; Broad; Reduced Range: close)
Mental Shields: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Psionic)
Mystic Awareness: Senses 2 (Acute: Awareness, Awareness: Magical)
Stepping Discs
. . Banished to Limbo: Movement Attack 10 (Dimensional: Limbo 1: one dimension, 25 tons, Extra Ranks 9, DC 20; Attack: Dodge, Increased Mass 10, Increased Range 2: perception, Reversible)
. . Let's Limbo: Movement 1 (Dimensional: Limbo 1: one dimension, 50 lbs.; Custom 2: Portal, Custom: Easy, Custom: Change Velocity)
. . Shortcut Through Limbo: Teleport 10 (Carry 50 lbs.; Change Velocity, Easy, Extended: 1000 miles in 2 move actions, Portal; Limited to Extended)

Equipment
Commlink, Undercover Shirt

Offense
Initiative +3
Banished to Limbo: Movement Attack 10 (DC Dog 20)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 12)
Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 8 (DC Will 18)
Mystic Binding: Cumulative Affliction 12, +8 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 22)
Mystic Blast: Damage 12, +8 (DC 27)
Mystic Transformation: Cumulative Affliction 12, +8 (DC Will 22)
Soulsword Countering: Nullify 10, +10 (DC Will 20)
Soulsword Cutting: Damage 10, +10 (DC 25)
Throw, +2 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 10, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 96 + Advantages 15 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 200

Complications
Darkchylde: Magik has an evil corrupted alter-ego, the demonic Darkchylde. With horns, and hooves, and a tail and bad(er) attitude and everything!
Missed It By THAT Much: If Illyana pushes her teleportation, she can slip through time as well as space.
Queen of Limbo: Magik is responsible for rulership of the dimension of Limbo; a place full of demons and monsters who want that rulership for themselves like Belasco, N'astirh, and S'ym.
Reputation: If you aren't Colossus, Kitty Pryde, or one of the New Mutants you probably think that Illyana Rasputin is a soulless beast willing to condemn to hell or double cross pretty much whomever. That's actually almost accurate.
Responsibility: The X-men fight to protect a world that hates and fears them. Illyana also has her own plans. Those plans are possibly somewhat less altruistic than the X-men mission statement might suggest.

Yes. Everybody said it and its true: Illyana Nikolievna Rasputin is hard to conceptualize in a stat based and balanced RPG. But here she is as something of a fit with her PL 10 team-mates. But she gets to be 50 points over cost because she spent half her life trapped and tortured by a neither dimensional monster who force-fed her dark magic (while also being tutored by neither dimensional counterparts of Storm and Shadowcat). Rahne or Samn can start complaining when their life is literally Hell instead of just figuratively. Poor kid's mutant power makes her the team transport and worthy attacker with her banishment attack. Magik also hits her PL caps with her will and her magic attacks because hey, sorcerer supreme. Since she's the sorceress supreme of limbo, most of that stuff doesn't work on earth. The exception is the tangible totally of her power and authority that is the Soulsword. It can chop up magical creatures OR magical affects at touch range caps. I know an alternate effect to something that's already an ae may not taste right to some, but that's how it works. It also comes complete a summoned suit of mystic armor. Illyana is sadly lacking in people skills, but has developed "unnerving" to an art. That's what I got.
Last edited by Gazman on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peteyrock
Cohort
Cohort

Post by peteyrock » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:46 pm

Gazman wrote:Image
Magik - PL 10 Demon-Tainted Russian Chick
Sweet! Talk about attention to detail! Thanks!

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Warlock

Post by Gazman » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Warlock - PL 10 Teenage Mutant Technarch Prince

Strength 5, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity 5, Fighting 2, Intellect 3, Awareness -1, Presence -1

Advantages
Ranged Attack 5

Skills
Close Combat: Absorb Lifeglow 4 (+6), Close Combat: Infect With Transmode Virus: Progressive Affliction 14 4 (+6), Expertise: Alien Wanderer 4 (+7), Investigation 2 (+5), Perception 8 (+7), Stealth 2 (+4), Technology 10 (+13)

Powers
Absorb Lifeglow
. . Damage: Damage 14 (Linked; DC 29; Penetrating 14; Limited: To Transmode Creatures)
. . Weaken: Weaken 14 (Linked; Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 24; Limited: To Transmode Creatures)
Infect With Transmode Virus: Progressive Affliction 14 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 24; Increased Duration 3: continuous, Progressive)
Life Detection: Senses 2 (Detect: Life 2: ranged)
Technarch "Physiology"
. . Metallic Shell: Protection 10 (+10 Toughness)
. . Self Repairs: Regeneration 10 (Every 1 round; Source: Lifeglow)
. . Shiftable Form: Variable 6
. . Techno Being: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects)

Power Settings
Energy Blaster (Powers: Energy Blaster: Damage 10)
Is a Spaceship (Powers: Guns: Damage 5, Space Thrusters: Movement 2, Thrusters: Flight 8)
Just Like Tentacles Everywhere Multiattack and Reach on Close Powers
Sensor Array (Powers: Sensor Array: Senses 15, Perception +4 (+11), Insight +4 (+3), Advantages: Assessment)

Offense
Initiative +2
Damage: Damage 14, +6 (DC 29)
Energy Blaster: Damage 10, +10 (DC 25)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 15)
Guns: Damage 5, +10 (DC 20)
Infect With Transmode Virus: Progressive Affliction 14, +6 (DC Fort 24)
Throw, +10 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +2 (DC 20)
Weaken: Weaken 14, +6 (DC Fort 24)

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 10, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 201 + Advantages 5 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 265

Complications
Enemy: Warlock is destined to fight his sire The Magus, ruler of their people.
Prejudice: Alien mutie scum! Warlock is even a mutant among his own people: he's the only one who feels emotions.
Relationship: Warlock is selfriends with the New Mutants and selfsoulfriends with Cypher.
Self is %&@#!*$ Clueless: Warlock is not a native to Earth or any place with organic life and he doesn't always get how to act around living, feeling beings.

Forget Magik. Warlock the comedic alien buddy is the powerful one on this team. I've seen his one, two of transmode transformation and lifeglow absorption take down rooms of bad guys in power armor and honest to god dragons. The only thing keeping him from much higher power levels than the other New Mutants is the fact that he's a pacifist. Warlock's mutant power is actually just a complication, not a power. He's the only one of his kind that isn't the bellicose star conqueror sort. His PL 10 defenses, fortitude immunity, variable power, and devastating feeding mechanism are the standards of his people. Warlock's been around the galaxy a bit and definitely knows his way around high tech stuff, but he doesn't always get people. Self has totally awesome way of great speak.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Magma

Post by Gazman » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:13 am

Magma - PL 10 Really Hot Princess

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 7, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
All-out Attack, Attractive, Benefit: Nova Romani Princess, Defensive Roll, Diehard, Languages 2, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 4 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+9), Close Combat: Sword (+9), Expertise: Classical Education 6 (+8), Expertise: Survival 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Geothermalkinesis 6 (+9)

Powers
Fiery Form (Activation: Move Action)
. . Molten Hot: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 20; Reaction 3: reaction)
. . Rock Hard: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)
Fine With Fire: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Fire)
Geothermalkinesis
. . Earth Swim
. . . . Immunity: Immunity 2 (Environmental Condition: Pressure, Suffocation: Drowning)
. . . . Movement: Movement 2 (Permeate 2: speed rank -1; Limited: To Earth/Stone)
. . Earthquake!
. . . . Knocked Down: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Prone, DC 20; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Burst Area 3: 120 feet radius sphere; Instant Recovery, Limited: To Those On The Ground, Limited: To Being Fiery Form, Limited Degree)
. . . . Slammed Around: Burst Area Damage 10 (Linked; DC 25; Burst Area 3: 120 feet radius sphere; Limited: To Those On The Ground, Limited: To Being In Fiery Form)
. . Hot and Bright: Environment 3 (Heat (Extreme), Light (Bright), Radius: 120 feet; Limited: To Being In Fiery Form)
. . Lava Rift: Damage 11 (DC 26; Increased Range: ranged, Indirect 3: any point in fixed direction or fixed point in any direction; Limited: To Being In Fiery Form)
. . Magma Orbs: Damage 11 (DC 26; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 6; Limited: To Being In Fiery Form)
. . Move Earth: Move Object 10 (25 tons; Increased Range: perception; Limited: To Being In Fiery Form, Limited Material: Earth/Stone)
. . Shifting Earth: Environment 3 (Impede Movement (2 ranks), Radius: 120 feet)
Mother's Touch: Regeneration 4 (Every 2.5 rounds, Advantages: Diehard; Source: Solid Earth)

Offense
Initiative +3
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 12)
Knocked Down: Burst Area Affliction 10 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 20)
Lava Rift: Damage 11, +9 (DC 26)
Magma Orbs: Damage 11, +9 (DC 26)
Molten Hot: Strength-based Damage 3, +9 (DC 20)
Move Earth: Move Object 10 (DC 20)
Slammed Around: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Throw, +3 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6/5, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 46 + Powers 58 + Advantages 7 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 150

Complications
Enemy: Nova Roma's Black Priestess, the immortal mutant Selene hates Amara for foiling her villanous plots rather than succumbing to them.
Relationship: For some unknown reason Magma loves supreme @$$hole of the world Empath. Without him using his powers on her.
Tied to the Earth: Magma is very strongly connected to the Earth such that when sailing or flying she grows weaker and that when angry or upset the very ground trembles with her emotion.

Amara Juliana Olivians Aquilla is the daughter of the First Senator of Nova Roma an ancient offshoot of the Roman Empire in the Brazilian rain forest. Since all great comic book ancient offshoots of the Roman Empire have an evil priest or priestess, the blond Italian Amara was hiding away with a tribe of native people when the other New Mutants met her. Magma's mutant powers meant that being thrown in a volcano like all great comic book sacrifices, was no big set back. She is completely immune to all fire effects to start with. Magma can also cover herself with magma to burn people at PL 7 and protect herself at 8. That doesn't sound too impressive until you get to her next power: the ability to make the earth shake a little bit. Unless she's in her lava form. In that case its more like the ability to shoot molten hot rock at people, shift tons upon tons of earth with a thought, and creating localized earthquakes. That's the stuff that lets her hit caps for her 150 PC proper points. Powers aside: Amara knows sword fighting, history, politics, and hunting. The Lava Rift attack and Tied to the Earth complication are unashamedly stolen from X-Men Legends and X-men Evolution respectively.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Cypher

Post by Gazman » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:41 am

Cypher - PL 9 Cunning Linguist

Strength 2, Stamina 1, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 12/4, Intellect 4, Awareness 4, Presence 6/2

Advantages
Assessment, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 1, Fascinate (Persuasion), Improved Critical 2: Unarmed, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Jack-of-all-trades, Redirect, Set-up 2, Skill Mastery: Insight, Skill Mastery: Persuasion, Taunt, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort: Insight, Ultimate Effort: Persuasion

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+14), Deception 4 (+10), Expertise: Computing 10 (+14), Expertise: Pop Culture 4 (+8), Insight 2 (+16/+6), Investigation 2 (+6), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+14/+10), Technology 6 (+10)

Powers
Omni-Lingual: Comprehend 5 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Machines / Electronics)
Read Combat: Enhanced Trait 29 (Traits: Fighting +8 (+12), Dodge +4 (+12), Advantages: Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Improved Critical 2, Improved Initiative 2, Redirect)
Read Social Situation: Enhanced Trait 21 (Traits: Presence +4 (+6), Insight +10 (+16), Persuasion +4 (+14), Advantages: Fascinate (Persuasion), Skill Mastery, Skill Mastery, Taunt, Ultimate Effort: Insight, Ultimate Effort: Persuasion)

Equipment
Commlink, Undercover Shirt

Offense
Initiative +11
Grab, +14 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +2 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +16 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 12/8, Parry 14, Fortitude 5, Toughness 4/1, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 60 + Advantages 8 + Skills 22 (43 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 150

Complications
Power Loss: If Doug can't see or hear a purposeful expression, then he can't cypher it and so his powers do jack squat against victims of mind control and people sneaking up on him.
Relationship: Nerd buds with Kitty Pryde and soulfriends with Warlock.

Doug Ramsey costs the same 150 as most of his team-mates, but he only hits caps for PL 9 and only with punch and parry. Still this is a big step up for a guy who used to be PL 4 on a good day. Obviously those stats and his original, unique, and useful mutant ability to intuitively translate any language got him killed when he hung around super fights for long enough. Since he's come back from the dead though is a different story. Cypher now has the original, unique, useful, and totally badass mutant ability to intuitively understand the meaning conveyed by any system. That picture shows him using his gifted understanding of body language and small teams super tactics to completely own house on every single one of the New Mutants. Knowing exactly what words to use and what buttons to press can also help Cypher win at conversation. Kid can convince mutant hunting armor systems to join the revolution against the Master Mold sentinels. Before he got all "Everything is Language. I am Language. I am Everything" Doug was a smart tech wise type Shadowcat met going to dance class. He joined the New Mutants, learned some self defense, saved the day a few times, and met his only weakness: bullets.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

To me, my X-Men!

Post by Gazman » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Yeah. These guys were always my favorite. My first comic book was X-men. I used to pull like 5 or 6 monthly X-Titles, the most recent trade paperback I got is X-men. Except for the years when I wasn't reading any comics, I've read X-men. And seen their movies, and watched their TV shows, and played their games.

Where the FF are a tiny family unit and the Avengers are a team of professionals, the X-men are a sprawling clan. They're always taking on strays and educating kids and granting asylum to enemies and randos. So the spread kinda looks like this:

PL 14, The Masters: Professor X and Magneto
PL 13, The Repentant Villain Powerhouses: Emma Frost and Namor
PL 12, The Leaders: Cyclops, Storm, Cable, and Forge (only for tech skill)
PL 11, The Big Guns/All New All Different: Wolverine, Colossus, Jean, Banshee, Rogue, Sunfire, Archangel, Havok, and Warpath
PL10, The Standards: Ice Man, Beast, Angel, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Shadowcat, Gambit, Dazzler, Northstar, Box, New Mutants, and X-Factor
PL 9, Big Kids/The Agents: X-23, Armor, Longshot, Fantomex, Cypher, Dr. Nemesis, Marrow, Generation X, Old X-Force
PL 8, The Students/The Also-rans: Changeling, Cecilia Reyes, Maggot, LIfeguard, Slipstream, Stacy X, etc., New X-Men
PL 7, Maddrox: Multiple Man

If you wear an X, you have a responsibility to live up to The Dream (either Xavier's Equality or Cyclop's Survival) while still being out there saving the world. Everybody does time in the Danger Room and is going to have at least a little acrobat and dodge, even if they're not otherwise that physical. The X-men also spend time developing psychic defenses and turning the other cheek. So they'll probably have respectable wills too. The team has access to a headquarters and vehicles payed for by Charles or Scott, at least three teleporters, a ton of telepaths with mental communication, and lots of practice time (and team work advantages) so they're pretty effective as a super team despite being a giant family of dysfunctional outcasts. Love 'em.