GAZbuild: Mastermind, Blob, Destiny, Spiral, Sauron, Arcade

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Jubilee

Post by Gazman » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Jubilee - PL 9 Human Fourth of July

Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 5, Dexterity 5, Fighting 4, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages
Agile Feint, Daze (Deception), Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 1, Evasion, Instant Up, Set-up, Taunt, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+11), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+6), Deception 8 (+9), Expertise: Pop Culture 8 (+9), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+5), Ranged Combat: Fireworks 4 (+9), Technology 4 (+5), Treatment 1 (+2), Vehicles 1 (+6)

Powers
Fireworks
. . Bright Plasmoids: Environment 1 (Light, Radius: 30 feet)
. . Plasmoid Burst: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 9 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 19; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Plasmoid Detonation: Damage 7 (DC 22; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Precise)
. . Plasmoid Stream: Cumulative Affliction 9 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 19; Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
Immunity: Immunity 1 (Rare Descriptor: Own Power)

Equipment
Commlink, Truly Hideous Outfit, Undercover Shirt

Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 10)
Plasmoid Burst: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 9 (DC Fort 19)
Plasmoid Detonation: Damage 7, +9 (DC 22)
Plasmoid Stream: Cumulative Affliction 9, +9 (DC Fort 19)
Throw, +5 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 15)

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 7, Fortitude 5, Toughness 5/1, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 40 + Advantages 10 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 130

Complications
Prejudice: Mutie scum!
Relationship: Like a daughter to mentor Wolvie. Best buds with Husk and Skin. Tots <3 Synch.
Reputation: Bratty little kid with the world's worst dress sense to the grown ups. "When I was with the X-men..." to the rest of Gen X
Responsibility: The X-men fight to protect a world that hates and fears them.
Rivalry: Fun loving mall rate Jubilee is a rival to super serious Ms. Perfect M.

I think Jubilation Lee actually has my first under cost character build. She only hits her caps with her offensive powers, sending out streams of plasma to blind or hurt people. Aside from that she only gets up to PL 7 status. But she does so like totally fabulously! With a pink tank top, boots, and shades. And short shorts. And a bright yellow trench coat. She's like totally a Beverly Hills rich kid. And then her parents got murdered. So she went to literally live in the mall instead of just hanging there all the time. And the young audience was supposed to identify with her as she went on to steal Kitty's place as Wolverine's sidekick. *Barf* I was first introduced to her in the cartoon, where she was the biggest moron in the world and whiner to boot. In Generation X Jubilee was potentially the most powerful mutant EVER because she could detonate matter at a sub-atomic level. But Gen X had like 4 most powerful mutants ever, so I take that with a grain of salt. Disintegrate is a common power stunt though. She does have some legitimate gymnastic ability and a big mouth, so the kid is good to have around in a fight for all the distraction and debilitation options.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Banshee

Post by Gazman » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Banshee - PL 11 Loudmouth Irishman

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 8, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Contacts, Defensive Roll, Improved Initiative, Jack-of-all-trades, Leadership, Ranged Attack 5, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+10), Expertise: Interpol 8 (+11), Insight 4 (+7), Investigation 8 (+11), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+8), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 4 (+7), Vehicles 4 (+8)

Powers
Banshee Costume (Removable)
. . Armored: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)
. . Winged: Feature 6
Cassidy Cousin: Immunity 1 (Rare Descriptor: Black Tom's Powers)
Sensory Shield: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Sonic)
Sonar: Senses 5 (Accurate: Ultra-Hearing, Extended: Hearing 2: x100, Ultra-hearing)
Sonic Flight: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round; Distracting)
Sonic Scream
. . Damaging Scream: Cone Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, Increased Duration: concentration)
. . Deafening Scream: Concentration Cumulative Cone Area Affliction 11 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 21; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, Concentration, Cumulative)
. . Hypnotic Cry: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 11 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 21; Perception Area, Cumulative)
. . Shattering Scream: Cone Area Concentration Weaken 11 (Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 21; Affects Objects Only, Cone Area: 60 feet cone, Concentration)
. . Sonic Blast: Damage 11 (DC 26; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 3)
. . Stunning Scream: Concentration Cumulative Cone Area Affliction 11 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 21; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, Concentration, Cumulative)
. . Wall of Sound: Create 11 (Volume: 2000 cft., DC 21; Impervious, Subtle 2: invisible; Concentration)

Offense
Initiative +8
Damaging Scream: Cone Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Deafening Scream: Concentration Cumulative Cone Area Affliction 11 (DC Fort 21)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 12)
Hypnotic Cry: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 11 (DC Will 21)
Shattering Scream: Cone Area Concentration Weaken 11 (DC Fort 21)
Sonic Blast: Damage 11, +9 (DC 26)
Stunning Scream: Concentration Cumulative Cone Area Affliction 11 (DC Fort 21)
Throw, +9 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 11, Parry 9, Fortitude 8, Toughness 7/6, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 78 + Advantages 12 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 195

Complications
Enemy: His cousin, Black Tom Cassidy
Power Loss: If you mess up his throat or vocal cords, you mess up his sonic powers.
Relationship: Lover of Moira MacTaggart. Father of Siryn. Father figure to Generation X

Oh Sean Cassidy. He had Interpol experience. He had like a jillion uses for his powers. He had a hot daughter. He got respect from Magneto when none of the other X-men did. And yet, he got no real play by the writers or love from the fans. Must be a male ginger thing. Or a massive stereotype thing. Anyway; as a cop Sean gets PL 8 dodge and PL 9 saves. If you gave him a gun he would have a PL 6 attack. He doesn't have a gun. Instead, Banshee's got a big mouth. And it makes him PL 11 because everybody within 60 ft of said mouth is gonna have a bad day for as long as he can keep it open. Almost everything he's got is area and concentration. Damage, stun, deafness, hell he can even mind control with that voice. It also provides awkward flight, with the awkwardness bought off by his be-ribboned costume. Sean has leadership, teamwork, and a shield so he's great with a team. He's also a jack of all trades detective with an extra accurate sense, so he's good on his own too. Mr. Cassidy also calls people boyo or laddie and lives in a castle with leprechauns so that's just super fun.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Dazzler

Post by Gazman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Dazzler - PL 10 Disco Diva

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 3, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
Attractive, Daze (Deception), Defensive Roll, Equipment 1, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Expertise), Improved Aim, Move-by Action, Set-up, Skill Mastery: Expertise (PRE): Pop Star, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+6), Deception 8 (+11), Expertise (PRE): Pop Star 12 (+15), Expertise: Pop Culture 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Light Projection 3 (+7)

Powers
Light Immunity: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Light)
Light Projection
. . Brighten The Place Up: Environment 10 (Light (Bright), Radius: 2 miles; Precise, Selective)
. . Dazzle the Audience: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Cumulative, Selective; Limited: to Visual Only)
. . Dazzled: Cumulative Affliction 13 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 23; Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: to Visual Only)
. . Laser: Damage 13 (DC 28; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 13; Distracting)
. . Solid Photon Screen: Create 10 (Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20; Precise, Subtle: look natural)
. . Solid Photon Stream: Damage 13 (DC 28; Increased Range: ranged)
Roller Skates: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)
Sound Absoption: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Sound)
Sparkling: Feature 1
That Mutant Sibling Thing: Immunity 1 (Rare Descriptor: Lois London's Powers)

Equipment
Commlink, Roller Skates [Roller Skates: Speed 1, Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round], Tape Player 1, Undercover Shirt

Offense
Initiative +4
Dazzle the Audience: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 10 (DC Fort 20)
Dazzled: Cumulative Affliction 13, +7 (DC Fort 23)
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 12)
Laser: Damage 13, +7 (DC 28)
Solid Photon Stream: Damage 13, +7 (DC 28)
Throw, +4 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 6, Fortitude 4, Toughness 5/2, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 58 + Advantages 11 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 150

Complications
Enemy: Mojo hates Dazzler for running a revolution against his rule. Mortis hates her half-sister because she had a crappy upbringing and was twisted by Selene.
Fame: Dazzler was a HUGE star. She's still a huge talent. Some people still know her even if her star has fallen a bit.
Prejudice: Mutie scum! Has-been loser mutie scum!
Pump Up The Volume!: Dazzler gets her light projection powers by transducing sound into light. If there's no noise and she hasn't stored any sound energy, then its lights out.
Relationship: Dazzler was married to Longshot (and maybe had his kid, Shatterstar?) Ali is like bff with Northstar.

Alison Blaire was originally conceived as the ready made star of a comic book, a movie, and an album. She got the comic book. A disco themed comic book. In the 80s. She's the world's most dated concept from the word "go" and is kinda a has-been in universe. Yet her solo series went for 5 years and a friend of mine made it his mission to acquire every issue, so maybe there's something there. It adds up to PC points, some moves, a fair bit of music and people know how, and enough combat skill to beat up a thug or two. Since then her music and super hero career have gone from highs like topping the charts worldwide to lows like shacking up with Longshot in the Mojoverse/Marvel Limbo. Nowadays Alison's a standard member of the X-men for like the first time since they were in Australia pretending to be dead. And her powers really qualify her for the position. In a pitched battle with screams and explosions and falling buildings and stuff she'll hit harder than Cyclops. It does go down from there, relative to the ambient noise but she can store some measure of sound power. Because there's technically no limit to her omega level transduction power she gets that extraordinary effort. Dazzler's stunts are thing that her fly, hypnotize people, suck all the sound from a huge area, and qualify her to work for Galactus. Odin's a fan.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: GAZbuild X-Men Galore

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:42 pm

I HAD Dazzler #1, but it was lost in the apartment flood that I've mentioned before on my thread. I thought it was great at the time, but now...wow. Major league dated. Still her power set can still translate, really. Music will be around forever, so you change her outfit to match the music fad of the day and you have a character that can keep rolling on.

Keep up the good work, Gaz.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Malagant
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Malagant » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:23 pm

These are very good! My only issue with them, and many of the builds on these forums in general, is that it breaks PL caps for their level. For NPCs it matters little, but to use them as a PC you have to make some major adjustments.
If at first you don't succeed, reload.

Characters
Terralyn Kwan - Viking Bay

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:26 pm

I'm not sure what you mean, I don't see any builds here with glaring PL issues.

Do you mean points per level being greater than 15? Cause that's not really a rule at all, just a guideline, and I've played in games with more points per PL (and less).

Malagant
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Malagant » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:34 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:I'm not sure what you mean, I don't see any builds here with glaring PL issues.

Do you mean points per level being greater than 15? Cause that's not really a rule at all, just a guideline, and I've played in games with more points per PL (and less).
I know it's not a rule, and I mean no disrespect to the creator of these wonderful builds. It's just something that urks me because 99% of games I've played have stuck to suggested guidelines.

Please don't take my comments as trolling. I think these builds are some of the best representations of X-characters around.

Characters

Malagant
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Cannonball

Post by Malagant » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Gazman wrote:Image
Cannonball - PL 10 Human Missile

Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 0, Fighting 7, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Advantages
All-out Attack, Improved Initiative, Leadership, Move-by Action, Takedown 2, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 2 (+5), Close Combat: Blast Field 3 (+10), Expertise: Good Ole Boy 9 (+11), Expertise: Mutant Leader 6 (+8), Insight 2 (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+8), Stealth 2 (+5), Vehicles 6 (+6)

Powers
Blast Field
. . Batterin' Ram: Damage 10 DC 25; Penetrating 10)
. . Blastin' Out: Burst Area Damage 10 DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere)
. . Invulnerable: Protection 10 +10 Toughness; Affects Others, Impervious [4 extra ranks], Sustained)
Blastin': Flight 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)

Offense
Initiative +7
Batterin' Ram: Damage 10, +10 (DC 25)
Blastin' Out: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 13)
Throw, +0 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 18)

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 8, Toughness 13, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 46 + Powers 59 + Advantages 7 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 150

Complications
Prejudice: Mutie Scum!
Relationship: Sam is the eldest child of huge family. And he loves Lila Cheney.
Responsibility: The X-men fight to protect a world that hates and fears them. Sam leads the New Mutants X-men team.
Rivalry: Serious boyscout Sam is a rival to co-leader Dani Moonstar, the wildchild maverick.

Sam Guthrie is Thomas and Lucida Guthrie's eldest child and only the first of their huge brood to gain mutant powers. He showed up at Xavier's not knowin' how to stop or turn, but smart and committed enough to become leader of the New Mutants. Then he was field leader of X-Force and then he became the first New Mutant to join the legitimate X-men. So he's the first New Mutant to get a write up. He's a perfect PC at 150 points PL 10. Since he's nigh invulnerable while blastin' he hits his caps on defense. He can also shift around his dynamic blast field array to hit PL caps slammin' inta people or projectin' his field out. Cannonball may be a polite and fit young guy who can lead a team of X-men, but he never forgot his roots in Cumberland County, Kentucky. That's where he learned to farm, mine, play poker and say "Ah" instead of "I". Kid is the only X-man to ever win a fight with Gladiator.
Best Cannonball I've seen yet. Elegant in its simplicity.

Characters

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:44 pm

Hope everybody had some happy holidays. :D
Thorpacolypse wrote:I HAD Dazzler #1, but it was lost in the apartment flood that I've mentioned before on my thread. I thought it was great at the time, but now...wow. Major league dated. Still her power set can still translate, really. Music will be around forever, so you change her outfit to match the music fad of the day and you have a character that can keep rolling on.

Keep up the good work, Gaz.
Good points and surpassing wisdom, Thorp. Thanks for the compliment too. I shall try.
Malagant wrote:These are very good! My only issue with them, and many of the builds on these forums in general, is that it breaks PL caps for their level. For NPCs it matters little, but to use them as a PC you have to make some major adjustments.
Thank for the compliments, Malagant. Glad you like Cannonball, too.

Now I know that none of my builds break their power level caps.

What a bunch of them do is go over the recommended starting points costs for player characters of their PL. I'm okay with that. Because to accurately present what I feel are the iconic abilities and traits of those characters, you need to spend more than starting PC points. Any character who meets the starting points cost for a character of their power level gets that fact called out in the notes. Same if they go over. Or under.
Arthur Eld wrote:I'm not sure what you mean, I don't see any builds here with glaring PL issues.

Arthur, Eld, thanks for covering the point for me while I was offline.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Forge

Post by Gazman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:59 pm

Forge - PL 12 Techno-Shaman

Strength 4, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 6, Intellect 6, Awareness 3, Presence 0

Advantages
Benefit, Wealth 3 (millionaire), Connected, Defensive Roll, Equipment 7, Improved Aim, Inventor, Languages 1, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack 5, Ritualist, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Engineering, Skill Mastery: Technology, Teamwork, Trance, Ultimate Effort: Inventing

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 2 (+6), Expertise: Business 2 (+8), Expertise: Cheyenne Shaman 6 (+12), Expertise: Engineering 8 (+14), Expertise: Military 2 (+8), Insight 4 (+15/+7), Investigation 2 (+8), Perception 4 (+15/+7), Persuasion 6 (+6), Stealth 4 (+7), Technology 16 (+22), Treatment 4 (+10), Vehicles 6 (+9)

Powers
Cyber Limbs: Enhanced Strength 2 (+2 STR; Limited: to Right Side Only)
Intuitive Understanding (Advantages: Skill Mastery, Skill Mastery)
. . Perceive Mechanical Energy: Senses 1 (Analytical: Vision; Limited: to Machines Only)
. . Subconscious Design: Quickness 6 (Perform routine tasks in -6 time ranks; Limited to One Task: Inventing Only)
Magic
. . Dimensional Gate: Movement 2 (Dimensional: Mystic 2: group, 50 lbs.; Custom 2: Portal)
. . Mystic Seal: Nullify 12 (Counters: Dimensional Travel, DC 22)
. . True Sight
. . . . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 8 (Traits: Insight +8 (+15), Perception +8 (+15))
. . . . Senses: Senses 9 (Counters All Concealment: Vision, Counters Illusion: Vision, Detect: Magic Visually 2: ranged)

Equipment
Blaster Rifle, Commlink, Eagle's Plaza, Multi-tool, Undercover Shirt

Offense
Initiative +3
Blaster Rifle, +8 (DC 23)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 14)
Mystic Seal: Nullify 12, +8 (DC Will 22)
Throw, +8 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 19)

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6/3, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 26 + Advantages 25 + Skills 34 (68 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 150

--------------------

Eagle's Plaza - Toughness 10, Size Large
Features:
Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System 1, Workshop
Power Points
Abilities 2 + Powers 0 + Advantages 0 + Features 11 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 2 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 15

Complications
Enemy: The Adversary is an evil demon thing that Forge summoned into the Nam. The Dire Wraiths are evil aliens that Forge banished from Earth. Neither likes him much.
Prejudice: Dirty Injun mutie scum!
Relationship: Forge loves Storm and really regrets draining her powers. He has a complicated relationship with his mentor, Naze.
Responsibility: The X-men fight to protect a world that hates and fears them. Forge does this while working for the Government. He does that while occasionally being called to act as shaman for his tribe.
Weakness: Forge's cyber prosthesis make him vulnerable to electrical and magnetic attacks.

Forge is a magical Native American. This makes him a member of a very exclusive club in pop culture and comics. Heck I think there's only one more of those on the X-men. As a soldier, a shaman, and a businessman technologist he costs the same 150 pp as a starting PL 10, but only goes as high as PL 8 in his combat stats. Active defenses and saves top out at 7. But then, there's the magic. He's got a rank 12 banishment effect in there alongside the ability to see the truth. Seeing the truth is also part of his mutant power to intuitively understand how machines and devices work. This means that he look at something and just gets what it does and how it does it right off the bat. When he turns that power on his own PL 12 tech skill, he can build junk almost as nice as Reed Richards or Tony Stark in a fraction of the time. He builds something big enough he just might really hit his caps or de-power one of the X-men for like half a decade.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:06 pm

Very nice Forge, Gaz. He is definitely a unique character for the X-Men.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Armor

Post by Gazman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Armor - PL 9 Samurai Schoolgirl

Strength 9, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 1, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
All-out Attack, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Languages 1, Power Attack, Set-up, Takedown, Taunt, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+6), Athletics 2 (+11), Close Combat: Psionic Armor 1 (+7), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise: Mutant High Schooler 6 (+7), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 3 (+5)

Powers
Psionic Armor
. . Armored. Duh: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness; Impervious, Sustained)
. . Big: Enhanced Strength 8 (+8 STR)
. . Clawed: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 26; Penetrating 3, Reach (melee): 5 ft.)
. . Cushioned: Immunity 10 (Damage Effect: Falling, Enviromental Conditions (All); Sustained)

Offense
Initiative +6
Clawed: Strength-based Damage 2, +7 (DC 26)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 19)
Throw, +1 (DC 24)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 24)

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 8, Fortitude 4, Toughness 10, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 48 + Advantages 11 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 120

Complications
Hatred: Armor hates Danger for killing her best friend, Wing.
Power Loss: Armor's armor don't do squat against lasers nor adamantium.

Hisako Ichiki came out of Astonishing X-men as Wolverine's new underage female sidekick buddy. She was just one of the students, but she stepped up to the big leagues by simultaneously slamming Ord of the Breakworld and Danger (nee Room) into the ground. Hisako named herself Armor after her mutant power of surrounding herself with a big, colorful, samurai styled suit of armor. Apparently it's made out of memories or the Ichiki family lineage or something. Whatever psionic force the suit is composed of, it lets Hisako fall from space to a planetary surface, lift tanks, and grow claws. Stunts include super-sizing the suit and using its energy in a psi blast. This smart ass little girl costs PL 8 120 but hits the caps for PL 9 with her armored parry and close attacks.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Very nice Forge, Gaz. He is definitely a unique character for the X-Men.
Hah. That was fast.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

X-23

Post by Gazman » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:05 am

X-23 - PL 9 Mini-Me Murderess

Strength 3, Stamina 6, Agility 6, Dexterity 3, Fighting 10, Intellect 2, Awareness 6, Presence 0

Advantages
All-out Attack, Diehard, Equipment 1, Favored Environment: In a Rage, Great Endurance, Improved Critical: Claw Flurry: Strength-based Damage 2, Improved Critical: Claw Flurry: Strength-based Damage 2, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close, Concealment), Startle, Takedown 2

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+10), Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat: Adamantium Claws 3 (+13), Deception 6 (+6), Expertise: Mutant High Schooler 1 (+3), Expertise: Streetwise 6 (+8), Expertise: Survival 6 (+8), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 8 (+14), Stealth 8 (+14), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 2 (+5)

Powers
Adamantium Claws
. . Claw Flurry: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 20, Advantages: Improved Critical; Multiattack [3 extra ranks])
. . Piercing Claws: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 20, Advantages: Improved Critical; Penetrating 5)
Keener Than Any Animals': Senses 9 (Acute: Scent, Danger Sense: Scent, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Extended: Scent 1: x10, Extended: Vision 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Tracking: Scent 2: full speed, Ultra-hearing)
Mutant Healing Factor (Advantages: Diehard, Great Endurance)
. . Immunity: Immunity 4 (Aging, Disease, Environmental Condition: Cold, Poison; Limited - Half Effect)
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 15 (1.5 per round; Persistent)

Equipment
Commlink, Undercover Shirt

Offense
Initiative +10
Claw Flurry: Strength-based Damage 2, +13 (DC 20)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 13)
Piercing Claws: Strength-based Damage 2, +13 (DC 20)
Throw, +3 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 18)

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 8, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 72 + Powers 52 + Advantages 10 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Defenses 7 = 170

Complications
Killing Machine: X-23 was born a clone of Wolverine, specificially to kill whomever her evil masters wanted dead. She was abused and tortured and trained to do exactly that. When she smells the trigger scent, she'll still go for it.
Relationship: Wolverine is kinda her dad. Hellion is definitely the dude she likes.
Reputation: Dangerous assassin with a couple of screws loose and no idea how to act around people.
Temper: Its that whole feral rage thing again.

Laura Kinney is a clone of Wolverine that lacks his Y chromosome. This makes her a teenage girl with all his powers, raised in captivity to be an assassin. Any wonder that she's a cutter? Or like 35 points overcost? Lil Laura is a big kid, hitting PL 9 caps with her claw attacks and parry defense. Since her claws are smaller than Logan's due to be subjected to the brutal Weapon X process as a still growing child, they deal less damage. That also leaves her weaker but more agile and dexterous. X-23 has a lot of skills on how to access high priority targets like deception, stealth, and acrobatics but she's not so great at just chilling with kids her own age. Her mutant high schooler skill sucks and she lacks persuasion entirely! Still she'll probably grow up to be quite the bad ass chick. Or not, because comics characters really don't age.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Namor

Post by Gazman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Namor - PL 13 Ass-Kicking Amphibian

Strength 16, Stamina 14, Agility 4, Dexterity 2, Fighting 8, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 4

Advantages
All-out Attack, Animal Empathy, Attractive, Benefit 4: King of Atlantis, Favored Environment: Underwater, Languages 2, Leadership, Power Attack, Startle

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+10), Expertise: Atlantean King 8 (+10), Expertise: Business 6 (+8), Expertise: Military 4 (+6), Intimidation 8 (+12), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+8)

Powers
Human/Atlantean Hybrid
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 4 (+4 STR; Limited to Lifting)
. . Immunity: Immunity 4 (Aging, Environmental Condition: Pressure, Environmental Condition: Cold, Suffocation: Drowning)
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 7
. . Movement: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic)
. . Senses: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision)
. . Swimming: Swimming 8 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
Mutant Mini Wings: Flight 8 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)

Offense
Initiative +4
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 26)
Throw, +2 (DC 31)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 31)

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 14, Toughness 14, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 106 + Powers 42 + Advantages 13 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 195

Complications
Enemy: Namor has his own stable of losers looking to take his throne or his life like Attuma, Orka, Llyra, and Tiger Shark.
Keep Moist: If Namor dries out, his powers and stats dry up too. If he's forcibly dehydrated, then it goes even worse for him.
Prejudice: Humans don't much care for mutants or mermen. Atlanteans feel similarly.
Relationship: Namor has an ex-wife in Marina. A cousin in Namorita. And a big crush on Sue Storm.
Reputation: Namor may have developed himself something of a reputation as an untrustworthy, crazy, arrogant, blowhard semi-villain. Probably on account of invading the surface world and stuff.
Responsibility: Namor the First is sovereign king of like 70% of the Earth. He also does the whole X-men protect...hate/fear thing.
Temper: If Namor doesn't balance his human (air) and atlantean (water) sides, then he goes into crazy unbalanced tirades and rages.

Namor McKenzie is the Sub-Mariner. This makes him Marvel's first superhero, the first flying superhero, and the first publicly revealed mutant in universe. He's kind of a big deal. Like he can fight the Hulk, Thor, or the Sentry and not have it be completely one sided. Especially if the Sub-Mariner submerges, then his PC point PL 13 gets bumped up to 14. Dude hits caps with his fists and his saves and he can extra effort a whole bunch because he has a ton of complications. 70 plus years of continuity as a hero and a villain will do that to you. It will also get you three decent expertise and some people skills. Since he and his entire kingdom hang out with the X-men now, he gets a build with them. It doesn't hurt that his X-uniform is totally kickin'. Much better than a scaly green speedo. Just as a point, he once had his people flood the whole of Manhattan back when he was an anti-hero. Imperius Rex!