GAZbuild: Mastermind, Blob, Destiny, Spiral, Sauron, Arcade

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Re: GAZbuild Cosmos: Skrulls, Kree, Shi'ar, Brood, Elders

Post by Sidious » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:52 am

The take on the contest of champions in the Dexter's lab ep was great. Heck at the end I was even shouting Monkey.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by SCKnight » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:41 pm

Do you take requests? And what edition do you convert stuff: 2e or 3e, or both?

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:43 pm

luketheduke86 wrote:I really enjoyed all of your cosmic soldier builds GAZ. Seeing the named examples of the space races (heh that's fun to say :)) is cool, but I always like seeing the standard soldier types too.

The greatest thing about the Champion (as somewhat lame as his motivation is) is that because of him, we got to see one of Ben Grimm's greatest moments ever! That fight showed just how much of a tough and stubborn S.O.B. Grimm is, both physically and mentally. 8)

Thanks, Luke. I figured you swarms of mooks to really have an alien invasion or intergalactic war. So they need to have stats and Thugs or Soldiers aren't really the same thing.

Totally. Thing lost better than tons of people win.
Jabroniville wrote:Sweet- are you gonna be doing the other Elders, too, judging by the plurality there in your Topic Title? Are we gonna get builds for The Contemplator, The Runner and *drumroll* The Gardener? Because that'd be sweet :).
I was gonna just do these guys:
But I can totally put The Contemplator up there as well. Gardener is next. At some point this weekend.
Kreuzritter wrote:and he was voiced by macho man randy savage
Sidious wrote:The take on the contest of champions in the Dexter's lab ep was great. Heck at the end I was even shouting Monkey.
Oh yeah! Snap into it, in the second short here if you want to see what these guys are talking about.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:45 pm

SCKnight wrote:Do you take requests? And what edition do you convert stuff: 2e or 3e, or both?
I sorta take requests. I'm kinda doing a space/cosmic Marvel thing right now, though. I have a bunch of old 2e builds, but this thread and any new builds I do are strictly 3e.

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by SCKnight » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Cool. Well, when you get the time, could you do conversions of these two characters:

Sally Acorn:
http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sally_Acorn#Abilities
http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sally_Acorn (The profile on the side has the info about her abilities, skills, and talents)

Mecha-Sally:
http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Mecha ... d_Enforcer
http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Mecha_Sally#Abilities

The version of Mecha-Sally is the one after Dr. Eggman modifies and weaponizes her. Also, from the comics, she still retains her martial art, acrobatics, and hand-to-hand skills and abilities. She likes to taunt and demoralize her opponents.

I'll start you off with these two characters.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:48 pm

:| On the one hand I did say I sorta do requests and you do say "when I have the time". On the other hand you already have a thread devoted to this specific issue, and have bugged several other Roll Call builds about it. Plus there's this:
SCKnight wrote:I'll start you off with these two characters.
and I really do not appreciate the presumption and tone of that statement.

Hrrrm...

No.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

The Gardener

Post by Gazman » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Gardener - PL 16 Heavenly Horticulturist

Strength 6, Stamina 16, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 2, Intellect 8, Awareness 8, Presence 3

Advantages
Improved Defense, Improved Trip

Skills
Expertise: Botany 18 (+26), Expertise: Universal Traveler 5 (+13), Expertise: Zoology 1 (+9), Perception 6 (+14), Persuasion 4 (+7)

Powers
Barred From Death: Immortality 5 (Return after 1 day)
Garden Grow Array
. . Entanglement: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 16 (DYN], 1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Immobile, Defenseless, DC 26; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Duration: concentration, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: to Having Sufficient Plant Growth, Limited Degree)
. . Plant Control: Move Object 16 (DYN, 1600 tons; Indirect 4: any point, any direction; Limited Material: Plant Life)
. . Plant Growth: Environment 8 (DYN, Impede Movement (2 ranks), Visibility (-5), Radius: 0.5 miles)
The Power Primordial
. . Immunity: Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep)
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 16
. . Movement: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2: other solar systems; Custom: Accurate)
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds)
Wooden Crook (Easily Removable)
. . Staff Attack: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 23, Advantages: Improved Defense, Improved Trip; Split: 2 targets)

Offense
Initiative +1
Entanglement: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 16 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 26)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 16)
Plant Control: Move Object 16, +1 (DC 26)
Staff Attack: Strength-based Damage 2, +2 (DC 23)
Throw, +1 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +2 (DC 21)

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 4, Fortitude 16, Toughness 16, Will 16

Power Points
Abilities 90 + Powers 118 + Advantages 0 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 240

Complications
Arrogance: The Gardener is one of the oldest, toughest, and most knowledgeable living things ever. He can consider lesser creatures "weeds."
Enemy: Galactus is not a fan of the Elders of the Universe. They tried to kill him and replace him as the oldest beings. He ate some of them in return.
Obsession: The Gardener is obsessed with cultivating beautiful gardens of plants. If he weren't, he'd be long dead.

Poor, poor Gardener. Ord Zyonz is pretty lame. Especially when you put him next to the Champion or the Grandmaster. He's a PL 16 for PC points, but he really only hits caps on his saves and his Botany expertise. Botany! Most of the wiki/write-up thingies I check say that he really doesn't have any special powers if he's not using an Infinity Gem. But he does pretty much the same tricks with the Soul and the Time Gems and he's really pitiful (billions of years old and ZERO advantages). So I'm gonna say that he can control plants on his own and that he gets a nice PL cap attack array. As an Elder of the Universe he has the standard energies of the big bang, teleport, obsession complication, and immortality. How immortal is he? Galactus once ate him and then got indigestion because old Ordy just didn't die.

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Mike5000us » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:46 pm

Wow you are really statting out the marvel cosmos! First the the heralds, galactus, phoenix, the kree, the shiar, the brood, the skrull, and now the elders. I love it! Keep up the good work!!
"Ah man, I guess I'm just going to have to kill you now!"

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:11 am

as for thing's fight with Champion, what makes it even more impressive is that their fight came on the heels of the fantastic four's infamous fight with Gladiator, when the Mohawk'd one beat them six ways from sunday.

these combined beatings led to an awesome followup with thing n the hospital, and every last one of his enemies crawled out of the woodwork to finish the job (except doom, who deemed it beneath him, and the mad thinker, who figured somebody would get through eventually)
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Gazman
Hero
Hero

The Runner

Post by Gazman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Runner - PL 16 Stellar Sprinter

Strength 15, Stamina 15, Agility 15, Dexterity 0, Fighting 7, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll, Improved Initiative 6, Instant Up, Move-by Action

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+13), Expertise: Universal Traveler 6 (+7), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 6 (+7)

Powers
Power Projection
. . Move Quickly DYN
. . . . Quickness 16 (, Perform routine tasks in -16 time ranks)Speed 16 (, Speed: 125000 miles/hour, 250 miles/round)
. . Primodial Blast: Damage 14 (DYN, DC 29; Accurate 3: +6, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Relativistic Strike: Strength-based Damage 4 (DYN, DC 34)
. . Run Anywhere: Flight 16 (DYN, Speed: 125000 miles/hour, 250 miles/round)
. . Stimulate Pleasure Center: Cumulative Affliction 8 (DYN, 1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Cumulative, Increased Duration 2: sustained, Increased Range 2: perception; Limited: to "Feel Good", Limited Degree)
Primordial Infusion
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 16
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 4 (Every 2.5 rounds)
Super-Speed (Advantages: Agile Feint, Defensive Roll, Improved Initiative 6, Instant Up, Move-by Action)
. . Dodge Anything: Enhanced Trait 6 (Traits: Dodge +1 (+16), Parry +5 (+16))
. . Run ANYwhere: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3: other galaxies)

Offense
Initiative +39
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 25)
Primodial Blast: Damage 14, +6 (DC 29)
Relativistic Strike: Strength-based Damage 4, +13 (DC 34)
Stimulate Pleasure Center: Cumulative Affliction 8 (DC Will 18)
Throw, +0 (DC 30)
Unarmed, +13 (DC 30)

Defense
Dodge 16/15, Parry 16/11, Fortitude 17, Toughness 16/15, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 110 + Powers 105 + Advantages 0 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 240

Complications
Enemy: Galactus is not a fan of the Elders of the Universe. They tried to kill him and replace him as the oldest beings. He ate some of them in return.
Obsession: The Runner is obsessed with moving freely across all of creation. If he weren't, he'd be long dead.

Gilpetperdon is the baby of the group at "only" 5 billion years old. Still, he's explicitly stronger, tougher, more agile, and faster than the Silver Surfer. His whole thing is being the fleetest of foot and he never stops moving. Like even if sun is about to go nova, he'd rather have a planet die than let the trail dust settle. But that's what keeps these guys ticking. Runner is a PL 16 PC who hits caps with active defenses and fists nearing light speed. Those strike are part of a dynamic array that lets the Runner keep on the move by splitting his share of the Power Primordial between movement and attack powers. He can make people like him.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:56 pm

Mike5000us wrote:Wow you are really statting out the marvel cosmos! First the the heralds, galactus, phoenix, the kree, the shiar, the brood, the skrull, and now the elders. I love it! Keep up the good work!!
Thanks, Mike! It seemed like a really rich niche and it keeps those big guys coming.
Kreuzritter wrote:as for thing's fight with Champion, what makes it even more impressive is that their fight came on the heels of the fantastic four's infamous fight with Gladiator, when the Mohawk'd one beat them six ways from sunday.

these combined beatings led to an awesome followup with thing n the hospital, and every last one of his enemies crawled out of the woodwork to finish the job (except doom, who deemed it beneath him, and the mad thinker, who figured somebody would get through eventually)
That sounds epic. Who was writing Fantastic Four back in the day? (early 80s, right?)

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:59 pm

byrne
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Gazman
Hero
Hero

The Collector

Post by Gazman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:48 pm

Collector - PL 14 Guy With Collection

Strength 3, Stamina 13, Agility 2, Dexterity 3, Fighting 8, Intellect 8, Awareness 6, Presence 2

Advantages
Equipment 12, Jack-of-all-trades, Sidekick 15

Skills
Expertise: Universal Traveler 4 (+12), Persuasion 2 (+4), Ranged Combat: Collection: 6 (+9), Technology 4 (+12), Vehicles 2 (+5)

Powers
Collection: Variable 12 (Increased Duration: continuous; Limited: to Specimens From His Collection, Slow)
. . Etherion Armor (Powers: Flight: Flight 5, Protection: Protection 5)
. . . . Flight: Flight 5 (Removable, Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
. . . . Protection: Protection 5 (Removable, +5 Toughness; Impervious)
. . Stasis Beam (Powers: Stasis Beam: Cumulative Affliction 15)
. . . . Stasis Beam: Cumulative Affliction 15 (Easily Removable, 1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Immobile, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 25; Accurate 2: +4, Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Zoo Pet (Advantages: Sidekick 15)
The Power Primordial
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 13
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds)

Power Settings
Etherion Armor (Powers: Flight: Flight 5, Protection: Protection 5)
Magic Lamp (Powers: Summon Genie: Summon 15)
Obedience Potion (Powers: Obedience Potion: Progressive Affliction 14)
Stasis Beam (Powers: Stasis Beam: Cumulative Affliction 15)
Stun Globe (Powers: Stun Globe: Burst Area Affliction 14)
Temporal Assimilator (Powers: Time Snatcher: Move Object 8, Time Viewer: Senses 12)
Zoo Pet (Advantages: Sidekick 15)

Equipment
Fleet of Collected Ships, Personal Shuttle

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 13)
Obedience Potion: Progressive Affliction 14, +8 (DC Will 24)
Stasis Beam: Cumulative Affliction 15, +13 (DC Fort 25)
Stun Globe: Burst Area Affliction 14 (DC Fort 24)
Throw, +3 (DC 18)
Time Snatcher: Move Object 8 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 18)

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 13, Toughness 18, Will 15

Power Points
Abilities 90 + Powers 109 + Advantages 13 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 240

Complications
Arrogance: The Collector is one of the oldest and willful living beings ever. He can completely disregard lesser beings.
Enemy: Galactus is not a fan of the Elders of the Universe. They tried to kill him and replace him as the oldest beings. He ate some of them in return. The Avengers have issues with the Collector, personally. He tried to collect them.
Obsession: The Collector is obsessed with cultivating massive amounts of everydamnthing.. If he weren't, he'd be long dead.

Taneleer Tivan is kinda the token "normal" and evil team-mate on this PC version of the PL 16Elders of the Universe. He's barely super powered at all, having only the basic Elder immunities, immortality, and toughness. His brothers have spent all their timeless lives improving their powers of their bodies. The Collector has spent that time accumulating stuff. Like enough stuff to fill up a fleet of starships. Enough stuff that you really have to say okay, that's a bunch of ranks in Variable. Even with his spiffiest gear, the Collector only really hits caps for PL 14, but he can use his armor, stasis beam, and a giant hypnotic snake sidekick without going over his variable pool. Guy comes with a massive will because after his wife lost the will to live for ever, he's the one who focused his attention on a hobby to the point of immortality. Please note that Jack of All Trades Applies to a lot of Expertise over many billion years. No. This version can't turn into a giant warrior alien thing. That's dumb.

--------------------

Fleet of Collected Ships - Toughness 18, Size Awesome
Features:
Communications, Computer, Defense System, Hangar, Isolated, Living Space, Power System
Powers
Movement: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3: other galaxies)
Power Points
Abilities 6 + Powers 1 + Advantages 0 + Features 7 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 6 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 20

--------------------

Personal Shuttle - Strength 9, Defense -4, Toughness 12, Size Huge
Features:
Remote Control, Remote Entry 1
Powers
Concealment: Concealment 10 (All Senses; Blending)
Flight: Flight 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
Movement: Movement 1 (Space Travel 1: within solar system)

Power Points
Abilities 3 + Powers 32 + Advantages 0 + Features 2 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 3 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 40

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Here's what I find both amusing and enjoyable about the Elders of the Universe, two out of the three most likely to screw with mortals and have actual conflicts with them are two of the weakest. Sure the Collector has his massive collection of stuff (the guys on Antiques Roadshow would spooge), but he's mostly a pansy. The same goes for the Grandmaster and his obsession with manipulating everyone and playing games. Yeah, he's the Universes biggest showman (kinda like a blue PT Barnum), but on a personal level, he's a wimp...for a cosmic being. Only Champion, of the trio of repeat offenders, is a badass.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:39 pm

I totally get you on Collector. But I always think of Grandmaster as having tons of energy manipulation and psionic powers. Yeah, he's not a fighter or personally brave, but he's got a slew of personal power.