GAZbuild: Mastermind, Blob, Destiny, Spiral, Sauron, Arcade

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: GAZbuild Cosmos: Skrulls, Kree, Shi'ar, Brood, Elders

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:30 am

Grandmaster's overall power can be tough to attest, but the dude HAS held DEATH HERSELF against her will before. He's below Galactus & the In-Betweener (Wiki says so- and you know THEY always re-check their facts! :)), but way more powerful than any terrestrial hero. He just jobs to Cosmics a lot- the Cosmic equivalent of a Jobber To The Stars (to use the wrestling parlance).

Gazman
Hero
Hero

The Grandmaster

Post by Gazman » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Grandmaster - PL 16 Power Gamer

Strength 3, Stamina 13, Agility 1, Dexterity 4, Fighting 3, Intellect 10, Awareness 6, Presence 4

Advantages
Assessment, Eidetic Memory, Fascinate (Deception), Luck

Skills
Deception 10 (+14), Expertise: Cosmic Trivia 6 (+16), Expertise: Gamesman 16 (+26), Insight 6 (+12), Perception 2 (+8), Ranged Combat: Exercises of Power 2 (+6), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Technology 8 (+18)

Powers
Barred From Death: Immortality 5 (Return after 1 day)
Exercises of Power
. . Bestow Power: Variable 8 (Affects Others Only; Fades, Limited: to Grandmaster's Powers)
. . Energy Blast: Damage 18 (DC 33; Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Energy)
. . Force Shield: Force Field 14 (+14 Toughness; Impervious, Subtle 2: undetectable)
. . Power of Death: Damage 14 (DC 29; Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Power of Life: Healing 14 (Increased Range: ranged, Resurrection; Limited: to Others Only)
. . Telepathy
. . . . Communication: Mental Communication 4
. . . . Mind Reading: Mind Reading 12 (DC 22)
The Power Primordial
. . Immunity: Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep)
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 13
. . Movement: Movement 6 (Dimensional 3: any dimension, 50 lbs., Space Travel 3: other galaxies; Custom: Accurate)
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds)

Offense
Initiative +1
Energy Blast: Damage 18, +6 (DC 33)
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 13)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 12 (DC Will 22)
Power of Death: Damage 14 (DC 29)
Throw, +4 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 18)

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 14, Toughness 13, Will 14

Power Points
Abilities 88 + Powers 102 + Advantages 4 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 240

Complications
Arrogance: The Grandmaster is one of the oldest, smartest, and most knowledgeable living things ever. He can consider lesser creatures pawns and pieces in his games.
Enemy: Galactus is not a fan of the Elders of the Universe. They tried to kill him and replace him as the oldest beings. He ate some of them in return.
Obsession: The Grandmaster is obsessed with playing games of chance and skill. If he weren't, he'd be long dead.

En Dwi Gast is the last of Team Elders. He's the guy who won them all Immortality. By losing a bet with Death on the line. He's PL 16 only on his obsession skill of Gamesman. As a combatant with a ton of power and not much skill, he tops out at PL 14 caps. But he can hit those caps with impervious force shields, immortal will, and the ultimate power of life and death! So that's pretty hardcore. But really he plays around with the Avengers and the Squadron Supreme more often than he fights Thanos or Galactus.
Last edited by Gazman on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Also, this:

Gazman
Hero
Hero

The Contemplator

Post by Gazman » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Contemplator - PL 16 Cosmic Killjoy

Strength 14/0, Stamina 14, Agility 12/4, Dexterity 3, Fighting 14/0, Intellect 9, Awareness 12, Presence 2

Advantages
Assessment, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Trip

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+14), Expertise: Philosophy 14 (+23), Insight 10 (+22), Perception 12 (+24), Persuasion 4 (+6)

Powers
Barred From Death: Immortality 5 (Return after 1 day)
Cosmic Consciousness: Senses 9 (Acute: Awareness, Analytical: Awareness, Awareness: Cosmic (Mental), Detect: Thoughts (Mental) 2: ranged, Precognition; Dimensional 3: any dimension)
Exercises of Power
. . Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 22 (DYN, Affects: All Types, Range: 16000 miles; Dimensional 3: any dimension, Subtle 2: looks normal; Feedback, Limited: Physical Body Is Helpless)
. . Energy Channeling: Enhanced Trait 72 (DYN, Agility +8 (+12), Strength +14 (+14), Fighting +14 (+14))
. . Psychokinesis
. . . . Flight: Flight 4 (DYN, Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
. . . . Move Object: Move Object 16 (DYN, 1600 tons; Increased Range: perception, Precise, Subtle: subtle)
. . Telepathy
. . . . Communication: Mental Area Communication 5 (DYN; Area, Precise, Subtle: encrypted)
. . . . Comprehend: Comprehend 3 (DYN, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood)
. . . . Mind Reading: Mind Reading 16 (DYN, DC 26)
. . Teleport: Teleport 22 (DYN, 16000 miles in a move action, carrying 50 lbs.; Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity)
The Power Primordial
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 14
. . Movement: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2: other solar systems; Custom: Accurate)
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds)

Offense
Initiative +12
Grab, +14 (DC Spec 24)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 16 (DC Will 26)
Move Object: Move Object 16 (DC 26)
Throw, +3 (DC 29)
Unarmed, +14 (DC 29)

Defense
Dodge 16, Parry 16, Fortitude 14, Toughness 16/14, Will 18

Power Points
Abilities 88 + Powers 139 + Advantages 5 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 265

Complications
Arrogance: The Contemplator is one of the oldest, smartest, and wisest living things ever. He can consider lesser creatures mere distractions to his greater understanding.
Harmonouos: The Contemplator is loathe to use violence or pursue strong desires.
Obsession: The Contemplator is obsessed with using body and mind to plumb the mysteries of the cosmos. If he weren't, he'd be long dead.

Tath Ki is 25 points over cost for his PL of 16. That's okay. He's not on the team. The Contemplator is above the Grandmaster and his petty plots and games and having fun. This guy has ridiculous power of creation stuff coursing through his body, his mind, and his soul and he does next to nothing with it. While he can lift tons or contact minds on the other side of creation, he'd rather go navel gazing. Mr Buddha here hits caps with all his defenses and his mental powers and one time, a skrull imitated him for years with nobody noticing.
Last edited by Gazman on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Huh, I never saw The Contemplator before. Good build.

Considering you gave him 12 Awareness, is there a reason you have The Grandmaster's at 6? He seems like he should be closer to that 12.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:03 am

Yeah, that's a cool build- I had no idea he was so tough, too- I just named him when you announced building The Elders because he was the most obscure one I could think of off the top of my head. Re-reading my "Marvel SAGA" guidebook on the FF, I now remember The Trader, The Obliterator (basically an Image hero given a Cosmic once-over) and The Caregiver (sort of a Cosmic Mid-Wife). The Grandmaster apparently says there are "Thousands" of Elders across the galaxy, which kinda makes sense, though some of them are gonna have to be REALLY specific (The Elder of Roleplaying Games, perhaps? The Elder of Posting Obscure Crap on Small Internet Chatrooms?).

I agree with the difference in Awareness between Contemplator & Grandmaster- Contemplators WHOLE THING is studying and considering others- Grandmaster by contrast can easily be goaded into a game- even when ultimate power hangs in the balance.

I love the "Elders" concept, though- it's VERY high concept in a way. These immortal beings from long-dead races from eons ago, all gathered together by a common bond- obsession over some absurdly-specific thing. Plus The Collector totally duos as a parody of Comic Book Nerds :).

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:01 am

great, now i'm seeing an adventure where the PC's have to save Collector from a cosmic edition of Hoarders
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:14 am

Kreuzritter wrote:great, now i'm seeing an adventure where the PC's have to save Collector from a cosmic edition of Hoarders
The Collector and the Trader could start doing cameos in movies...sort of the Jay and Silent Bob of the Elders.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:21 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Huh, I never saw The Contemplator before. Good build.

Considering you gave him 12 Awareness, is there a reason you have The Grandmaster's at 6? He seems like he should be closer to that 12.
Well of all the things that ever were, The Contemplator is the guy who is most in-tune with and aware of the universe. That's why he's 12. Whereas Grandmaster can be goaded, tricked, bamboozled, and led. Even ordinary mortals can pull a fast one on En Dwi Gast. 6 Awareness is really on the ball and on point, but not insurmountable. Which seems fair.
Jabroniville wrote:Yeah, that's a cool build- I had no idea he was so tough, too- I just named him when you announced building The Elders because he was the most obscure one I could think of off the top of my head. Re-reading my "Marvel SAGA" guidebook on the FF, I now remember The Trader, The Obliterator (basically an Image hero given a Cosmic once-over) and The Caregiver (sort of a Cosmic Mid-Wife). The Grandmaster apparently says there are "Thousands" of Elders across the galaxy, which kinda makes sense, though some of them are gonna have to be REALLY specific (The Elder of Roleplaying Games, perhaps? The Elder of Posting Obscure Crap on Small Internet Chatrooms?).

I agree with the difference in Awareness between Contemplator & Grandmaster- Contemplators WHOLE THING is studying and considering others- Grandmaster by contrast can easily be goaded into a game- even when ultimate power hangs in the balance.

I love the "Elders" concept, though- it's VERY high concept in a way. These immortal beings from long-dead races from eons ago, all gathered together by a common bond- obsession over some absurdly-specific thing. Plus The Collector totally duos as a parody of Comic Book Nerds :).
When I read Collector's dialogue I hear Comic Book Guy in my head. But aside from that, yeah the whole Elders of the Universe thing is very cool. Thousands seems kinda overboard. When there's too many of anything each one becomes less special. I could see a couple dozen, but not more than that. How many primordial civilizations were there with one final survivor?
Kreuzritter wrote:great, now i'm seeing an adventure where the PC's have to save Collector from a cosmic edition of Hoarders
Horsenhero wrote:
The Collector and the Trader could start doing cameos in movies...sort of the Jay and Silent Bob of the Elders.
Hahaha! The Collector's Secret Stash, the focal point of his millenia of obsession is... an overpriced comic book shop down the shore?

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Better that than a van... down by the river. :P

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Celestials

Post by Gazman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:33 pm

Celestial - PL 17 Epically Enigmatic Aliens

Strength 21, Stamina 21, Agility 0, Dexterity 1, Fighting 11, Intellect 13, Awareness 13, Presence 9

Advantages
Daze (Intimidation), Inventor, Startle

Skills
Expertise: Science 7 (+20), Expertise: Space Magic 8 (+21), Ranged Combat: Hyperspace Energy Manipulation 10 (+11), Technology 14 (+27)

Powers
2000 Feet Tall
. . Elongation: Elongation 3 (Elongation: 1800 feet; Innate; Permanent)
. . Growth: Growth 20 (+20 STR, +20 STA, +10 Intimidate, -20 Stealth, -10 active defenses, +5 size categories, +2 speed ran; Innate; Permanent)
Celestial Armor (Removable (indestructible))
. . Flight: Flight 13 (Speed: 16000 miles/hour, 30 miles/round)
. . Movement: Movement 4 (Environmental Adaptation: Space, Space Travel 3: other galaxies)
. . Protection: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness; Impervious [21 extra ranks])
Hyperspace Energy Manipulation
. . Beget Stuff: Create 17 (Volume: 125000 cft., DC 27; Increased Duration: continuous, Innate, Subtle: look natural)
. . Cosmic Blast: Damage 23 (DC 38; Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Any Cosmic)
. . Genetic Manipulation: Progressive Affliction 17 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 27; Progressive)
. . Matter Manipulation: Transform 10 (Affects: Anything, Transforms: 800 lbs., DC 20)
. . Telekinesis: Move Object 17 (3.2 ktons; Increased Range: perception, Precise)
Space God Body
. . Immortality: Immortality 2 (Return after 1 week)
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds)
Space God Mind
. . Communication: Mental Area Communication 5 (Area, Precise; Limited: to Other Celestials [4 ranks only])
. . Comprehend: Comprehend 3 (Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood)
. . Immunity: Immunity 20 (Very Common Descriptor: Mental; Limited - Half Effect)
. . Mind Reading: Mind Reading 17 (DC 27)

Offense
Initiative +0
Cosmic Blast: Damage 23, +11 (DC 38)
Genetic Manipulation: Progressive Affliction 17, +11 (DC Fort 27)
Grab, +11 (DC Spec 31)
Matter Manipulation: Transform 10, +11 (DC Dog 20)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 17 (DC Will 27)
Telekinesis: Move Object 17 (DC 27)
Throw, +1 (DC 36)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 36)

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 11, Fortitude 21, Toughness 23, Will 13

Power Points
Abilities 98 + Powers 240 + Advantages 3 + Skills 20 (39 ranks) + Defenses 29 = 390

Complications
Arrogance: Lots of cosmic figures look down on men. Celestials look down on gods.
Enemy: The Watchers have set themselves against the Celestials for their constant interference in the lives of younger species.
Responsibility: Self imposed duties of "shepherding" younger and "lesser" races.

The Celestials are immortal space gods, wielding unimaginable cosmic power. And nobody knows how or why. What is known is that they go around the universe messing with people. They'll show up and influence the growth and development of species by giving them Eternal or Deviant offshoots or by leaving some of their technology behind. Hell, sometimes a celestial talking to somebody can alter the trajectory of their entire species. They come to Earth a few times and shown that they can handily handle of our local gods. That's why they're all PL 17 and more than 100 points overcost. I love that their proper collective noun seems to be "Host."

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Re: GAZbuild Cosmos: Alien Empires, Brood, Elders, Celestials

Post by Mike5000us » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:45 pm

Gazman....you are simply the man! I love you Celestial and elder builds. I am curious what next? (P.S. hopefully magic based characters :D )
"Ah man, I guess I'm just going to have to kill you now!"

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Mike5000us wrote:Gazman....you are simply the man! I love you Celestial and elder builds. I am curious what next? (P.S. hopefully magic based characters :D )
Thanks, Mike! I'm glad you like. Yep. I was gonna segue from Space Gods to local gods as the lead-in for Marvel Magic. Odin, Destroyer, Zeus, Hercules, Ares, Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, Ghost Rider, Blade, and Dracula at the very least. Maybe more.

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Mike5000us » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Gazman wrote:
Mike5000us wrote:Gazman....you are simply the man! I love you Celestial and elder builds. I am curious what next? (P.S. hopefully magic based characters :D )
Thanks, Mike! I'm glad you like. Yep. I was gonna segue from Space Gods to local gods as the lead-in for Marvel Magic. Odin, Destroyer, Zeus, Hercules, Ares, Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, Ghost Rider, Blade, and Dracula at the very least. Maybe more.
Oooo Gods....I can't wait!!!!!
"Ah man, I guess I'm just going to have to kill you now!"

Vexous
Cohort
Cohort

Post by Vexous » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:31 am

I wonder if you should toss in Immune to crits in there? If anyone has something like that I'd think it'd be a Celestial. Just a thought, either way, good stuff on these guys. Dishing out 23 damage puts them just a shade under Omega's 24 from the Freedom City book which is exactly where I had these guys pegged at. Well done Gaz.