GAZbuild: Mastermind, Blob, Destiny, Spiral, Sauron, Arcade

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Ares

Post by Gazman » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Ares - PL 14 The Other God of War

Strength 12, Stamina 12, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 12, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Advantages
All-out Attack, Benefit: God of War, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Equipment 5, Great Endurance, Improved Critical: Axe: Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Critical: Guns, Improved Critical: Swords: Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Critical: Weapon Summoning, Improved Initiative 2, Languages 1, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Ritualist, Startle, Takedown 2

Skills
Athletics 4 (+16), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise: Arcana 8 (+9), Expertise: Construction Worker 4 (+5), Expertise: War! 16 (+17), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 12 (+14), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+7), Vehicles 4 (+7)

Powers
Godly Power
. . Movement: Movement 1 (Dimensional: Olympus 1: one dimension, 50 lbs.)
. . Senses: Senses 2 (Detect: Magic (Mental) 2: ranged)
Olympian
. . Leaping: Leaping 2 (Leap 30 feet at 8 miles/hour)
. . Mortal Concerns: Immunity 7 (Aging, Disease, Environmental Condition: Cold, Environmental Condition: Heat, Environmental Condition: Radiation, Poison, Starvation & Thirst)
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds; Persistent)
. . Speed: Speed 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
Olympian Armor (Removable)
. . Adamantine: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness; Impervious [6 extra ranks])
Weapon Summoning (Removable)
. . Axe: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 30, Advantages: Improved Critical; Penetrating 9)
. . Spear: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 30; Penetrating 9, Reach (melee): 5 ft.)
. . Swords: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 30, Advantages: Improved Critical; Penetrating 8, Split: 2 targets)

Equipment
Arsenal
Giant Assault Rifles: Damage 8 (DC 23; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . Grenades: Burst Area Damage 8 (Alternate; DC 23; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Increased Range: ranged)

Offense
Initiative +11
Axe: Strength-based Damage 3, +12 (DC 30)
Giant Assault Rifles: Damage 8, +10 (DC 23)
Grab, +12 (DC Spec 22)
Grenades: Burst Area Damage 8 (DC 23)
Spear: Strength-based Damage 3, +12 (DC 30)
Swords: Strength-based Damage 3, +12 (DC 30)
Throw, +10 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 27)

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 12, Fortitude 13, Toughness 15, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 92 + Powers 41 + Advantages 27 + Skills 34 (68 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 210

Complications
Enemy: Ares and his half brother Hercules have centuries of bad blood between them. He ain't too happy with his dad, Zeus either.
Relationship: Ares actually loves and cares about his son Alexander, Phobos the god of fear.
Reputation: Ares isn't just a violently berserk maniac, he is their GOD!
Temper: That violently berserk maniac thing has a basis in reality.

"The chain of command. Rules of engagement. This Geneva Convention thing. Medical evac. Supply lines. The white flag. The Red Cross. Worrying about evacuees and refugees. Taking prisoners. Losing the battle but winning the war. Cursed diplomats. The proper standard of grooming. Sensible things like having enough bullets before you go into battle. That's the dung my sister cares about. I'm the other God of War"

Ares is the half brother and eternal enemy of Hercules. Like Herc, Ares is PL 14 and 210 points. He unfortunately does quite hit any of his caps, being one point off in melee attacks and defense. Sucks that he's always been slightly inferior to his demigod bro. That doesn't mean he's a lightweight by any means. Dude can call up Olympian quality weapons out of the ether and All-out/Power Attack with them and two levels of improved crit. He knows his stuff when it comes down to battle, magic, and scaring the snot out of people. Not much else interests the guy, but he's found his niche and filled it well for millenia. He used to make $44 an hour as a construction worker in New Jersey.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: GAZbuild Goes Mystic: Odin, Destroyer, Zeus, Hercules, Ares

Post by Gazman » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:06 pm

For extra fun good times, my table of contents now calls out which characters have suitable starting power points for their level. Such player character builds are called out with a PC mark.

Mr. Fantastic, Quicksilver, The Collector, Mirage, Cypher, and Armor are almost PCs. The builds notes explain the differences.

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Mike5000us » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:22 pm

I am loving your magical characters....keep up the god work!!! I can't wait to see your Dr.Strange build!!! I am curious can you add the Enchantress your list (there seem to be a lack of female magical character).
"Ah man, I guess I'm just going to have to kill you now!"

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:50 am

Mike5000us wrote:I am loving your magical characters....keep up the god work!!! I can't wait to see your Dr.Strange build!!! I am curious can you add the Enchantress your list (there seem to be a lack of female magical character).
Thanks, Mike. I'll try. The good doctor is coming soon, but first...

Gazman
Hero
Hero

The Enchantress

Post by Gazman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Enchantress - PL 13 Sorcerous Seductress

Strength 10, Stamina 10, Agility 3, Dexterity 4, Fighting 5, Intellect 5, Awareness 5, Presence 8

Advantages
Artificer, Attractive 2, Daze (Deception), Fascinate (Deception), Languages 2, Ritualist, Set-up, Taunt

Skills
Close Combat: Enchanted Kiss: Progressive Affliction 16 5 (+10), Deception 10 (+18), Expertise: Magic 16 (+21), Insight 6 (+11), Persuasion 4 (+12), Ranged Combat: Asgarian Sorcery 7 (+11)

Powers
Asgardian
. . Finer Stuff: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
. . Mortal Concerns: Immunity 6 (Aging, Disease, Environmental Condition: Cold, Environmental Condition: Heat, Environmental Condition: Radiation, Starvation & Thirst)
Asgarian Sorcery
. . Apperance Alteration: Morph 4 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Any form)
. . Dimensional Portal: Movement 2 (Dimensional: The Nine Realms 2: group, 50 lbs.; Custom 2: Portal)
. . Enchanted Kiss: Progressive Affliction 16 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 26; Increased Duration: concentration, Insidious, Progressive; Grab-based, Limited: Men Only)
. . Mystic Bolt: Damage 15 (DC 30; Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Magical)
. . Mystic Deflection: Deflect 15
. . Mystic Portal: Teleport 8 (Carry 50 lbs.; Extended: 250 miles in 2 move actions, Portal; Limited to Extended)

Offense
Initiative +3
Enchanted Kiss: Progressive Affliction 16, +10 (DC Will 26)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 20)
Mystic Bolt: Damage 15, +11 (DC 30)
Throw, +4 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 25)

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 10, Toughness 11, Will 16

Power Points
Abilities 100 + Powers 45 + Advantages 10 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 21 = 200

Complications
Obsession: Amora lusts after Thor and most of her schemes center on gaining his affection.
Power Loss: If Amora cannot speak and gesture, then she can't cast her magic spells.
Relationship: Enchantress has strong ties to her loyal minion, The Executioner

Amora is a lesser god of Asgard. Not really the goddess of anything in particular, she decided to study magic under the Norn Queen Karnilla. But, she got banished for her unruly behavior. So she decided to seduce various sorcerers to steal their secrets. This has given her a ton of Magic Expertise, second greatest in Asgard. Amora has two sources of magic, her natural sorcery for attacking, deflecting, skipping town at PL 13 caps. Her most potent power is her enchanting kiss. One kiss is enough to enslave a man for a week and he won't even care what with the progressive and insidious. She also Ritualist to cast spells like illusions and paralyzing bindings from time to time. Beyond her magic might, she really knows how to work it with a ton of Deception, Daze, Fascinate, and two ranks of Attractive. This 5 point overcost villainess makes bad look gooooood.

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Re: GAZbuild Goes Mystic: Zeus, Hercules, Ares, Enchantress

Post by Mike5000us » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:31 pm

Wow nice Enchantress. To me this is who represent Freya or any love goddess for that in the Thor comics.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

The Executioner

Post by Gazman » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Executioner - PL 13 Asgardian Axe-man

Strength 13, Stamina 13, Agility 2, Dexterity 3, Fighting 9, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Advantages
All-out Attack, Diehard, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical: Cleave Matter: Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Critical: The Bloodaxe, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Languages 1, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Takedown 2, Tracking

Skills
Athletics 2 (+15), Close Combat: The Bloodaxe 1 (+10), Expertise: Warrior 8 (+8), Intimidation 10 (+11), Perception 5 (+7)

Powers
Asgardian Armor (Removable)
. . Protection: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness; Impervious [6 extra ranks])
Half Juton Physiology
. . Immunity: Immunity 13 (Aging, Damage Effect: Cold, Disease, Environmental Conditions (All), Poison)
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 7
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 1 (Every 10 rounds)
. . Senses: Senses 1 (Extended: Vision 1: x10)
The Bloodaxe (Easily Removable)
. . Axe Cleaving
. . . . Cleave Dimensions: Movement 3 (Dimensional 3: any dimension, 50 lbs.; Custom 2: Portal)
. . . . Cleave Illusions: Nullify 16 (Counters: Magical Illusions, DC 26; Reduced Range: close)
. . . . Cleave Matter: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 31, Advantages: Improved Critical; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Dimensional 3: any dimension, Penetrating 16)
. . . . Flame Rift: Line Area Damage 13 (DC 28; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long)
. . . . Frost Rift: Line Area Affliction 13 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Immobile, Defenseless, DC 23; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, Extra Condition; Limited Degree)

Offense
Initiative +6
Cleave Illusions: Nullify 16, +10 (DC Will 26)
Cleave Matter: Strength-based Damage 3, +10 (DC 31)
Flame Rift: Line Area Damage 13 (DC 28)
Frost Rift: Line Area Affliction 13 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 23)
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 23)
Throw, +7 (DC 28)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 28)

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 11, Fortitude 16, Toughness 15, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 86 + Powers 48 + Advantages 16 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 180

Complications
Enemy: Thor.
Honor: Despite being an evil wizard's evil minion, The Executioner is a brave and honorable warrior.
Relationship: Skurge loooooooves Amora, The Enchantress.

Of course if you have The Enchantress, The Executioner is not far behind. Skurge is half giant and all butt kicker. He got his title in a war against the Storm giants, so you know he's hardcore. He's PL 13 hardcore just like his mistress, but only costs what a PL 12 PC would. That just means he's limited, not incapable. With his magic double bladed axe he hits caps with four different attacks, two area and two targeted melee. That axe can cut through anything. He also hits his parry caps, but falls pretty darn short with will. Which makes sense because Skurge has been Amora's devoted thrall for a long time despite her attentions being focused on Thor. Still he's fearless, quick, and eagle eyed. I wish I knew why all the good pictures of 616 Executioner show him with assault rifles rather than his signature Executioner axe, but whatcha gonna do?
Last edited by Gazman on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbwjm
Henchman
Henchman

Re: GAZbuild Goes Mystic: Herc, Ares, Enchantress, Executioner

Post by cbwjm » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:25 pm

I believe he used assault rifles while holding back the dead in a classic story arc in the Thor comics so that might account for it, I have no idea what happened to his axe at the time. I think that was when Walt Simonson was the artist and his art in Thor stands as some of my favourite art in all the Nine Worlds.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sat May 05, 2012 11:58 am

in said arc, Executioner had sacrificed his axe to destroy an epic level artifact of ultmate doom, specificly the nfalger, the great warship the armies of the Enemies of Asgard would use to bring Ragnarok upon the gods and all creation.

this meant the only way out for anyone now was the bridge of Galljerbru, and it was there, with a pair of M-16 assault rifles, He Stood Alone
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Post by timothy » Sat May 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Man, that story arc brought a tear to my eye.

Easily the most epic redemption in comic history...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Sat May 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Hah. I guess I wasn't clear. I know about the epic last stand of Skurge holding the bridge on his own and all that. I was just bemoaning the lack of good clear pics of him with his axe.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Doctor Strange

Post by Gazman » Sat May 05, 2012 2:57 pm

Dr. Strange - PL 14 Sorcerer Supreme

Strength 1, Stamina 3, Agility 1, Dexterity 4, Fighting 4, Intellect 5, Awareness 10, Presence 3

Advantages
Artificer, Benefit, Status 2: Sorcerer Supreme of Earth's Dimension, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Equipment 3, Extraordinary Effort, Languages 3, Ritualist, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Magic, Trance, Ultimate Effort: Magic, Well-informed

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+7), Expertise: Magic 19 (+24), Expertise: Physician 8 (+13), Insight 2 (+16/+12), Investigation 2 (+9/+7), Perception 6 (+16), Persuasion 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Supreme Sorcery 6 (+10), Treatment 8 (+13)

Powers
Book of Vishanti (Easily Removable)
. . Quickness: Quickness 6 (Perform routine tasks in -6 time ranks, Advantages: Ultimate Effort: Magic; Limited to One Task: Rituals)
Cloak of Levitation (Removable)
. . Flying: Flight 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
. . . . Lifting: Move Object 5 (Alternate; 1600 lbs.)
Eye of Agamotto (Removable (indestructible))
. . Astral Artifact: Feature 1
. . Eye's Light
. . . . All-Consuming Light
. . . . . . Damage: Cone Area Damage 14 (Linked; DC 29; Cone Area: 60 feet cone; Tiring, Unreliable (5 uses))
. . . . . . Weaken: Cone Area Weaken 14 (Linked; Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 24; Affects Objects, Cone Area: 60 feet cone; Tiring, Unreliable (5 uses))
. . . . All-Revealing Light
. . . . . . Environment: Environment 1 (Light (Bright), Radius: 30 feet)
. . . . . . Senses: Senses 12 (Counters All Concealment: Vision, Counters Illusion: Vision, Postcognition, Tracking: Vision 1: -1 speed rank; Affects Others)
. . . . Dimension Piercing Light: Movement 3 (Dimensional 3: any dimension, 50 lbs.; Custom 2: Portal)
. . . . Internal Light
. . . . . . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 3 (Traits: Insight +4 (+16), Investigation +2 (+9))
. . . . . . Mind Reading: Cumulative Mind Reading 4 (DC 14; Cumulative, Sensory Link, Stacks with: Mind Reading: Cumulative Mind Reading 9+4)
Sorcerer Supreme: Immunity 1 (Aging)
Sorcerous Senses: Senses 5 (Acute: Detect, Analytical: Detect, Awareness: Mystic (Mental), Detect: Magic (Mental) 2: ranged)
Supreme Sorcery
. . Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 17 (DYN, Affects: 3 Types, inc. Visual - Audio, Visual, Mental, Range: 500 miles; Dimensional 2: group - Mystic Dimensions, Subtle: DC 20+rank; Limited: Physical Body Is Helpless)
. . Bolts of Bedevilment: Damage 18 (DYN, DC 33; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . Counter Magic: Nullify 18 ([0 active, 0/55 PP, 3/r+1], Counters: Magic, DC 28; Broad, Precise, Simultaneous)
. . Crimson Bands of Cyttorak: Cumulative Affliction 18 (DYN, 1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Immobile, Defenseless, DC 28; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
. . Images of Ikonn: Illusion 9 (DYN, Affects: All Sense Types, Area: 500 cft., DC 19; Selective)
. . Shield of the Seraphim: Protection 16 (DYN, +16 Toughness; Affects Others, Impervious, Sustained)
. . Telepathy (DYN)
. . . . Communication: Mental Communication 4
. . . . Mind Reading: Cumulative Mind Reading 9+4 ([Stacking ranks: +4], DC 23; Cumulative, Sensory Link)
. . Winds of Watoom: Teleport 12 ([0 active, 0/55 PP, 4/r+6], 16 miles in a move action, carrying 3200 lbs.; Accurate, Extended: 4000 miles in 2 move actions, Increased Mass 6)

Equipment
Sanctum Sanctorum - Toughness 12, Size Small
Features:
Concealed 2, Defense System, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Sealed, Secret 2, Security System 2, Workshop
Power Points
Abilities 0 + Powers 0 + Advantages 0 + Features 12 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 3 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 15

Offense
Initiative +1
Bolts of Bedevilment: Damage 18, +10 (DC 33)
Counter Magic: Nullify 18, +10 (DC Will 28)
Crimson Bands of Cyttorak: Cumulative Affliction 18, +10 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 28)
Damage: Cone Area Damage 14 (DC 29)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 11)
Lifting: Move Object 5, +4 (DC 15)
Mind Reading: Cumulative Mind Reading 4 (DC Will 14)
Mind Reading: Cumulative Mind Reading 9+4 (DC Will 23)
Throw, +4 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 16)
Weaken: Cone Area Weaken 14 (DC Fort 24)

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 9, Toughness 3, Will 19

Power Points
Abilities 62 + Powers 111 + Advantages 15 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Defenses 28 = 245

Complications
Enemy: Baron Mordo, Dormammu, the Fear Lords, and more!
Illuminatus: Stephen is part of a secret cabal dedicated towards saving the world from big scary problems and securing the Infinity Gems.
Power Loss: If Stephen can't speak and gesture appropriately, then he can't cast his magic spells.
Relationship: Stephen has a wife, Clea of the Dark Dimension and an assistant, Wong.
Responsibility: Sorcerer Supreme of an entire dimension is a pretty hefty responsibility.

Dr. Stephen Strange is classic Marvel. He was a hot shot neurosurgeon with money, respect, and ego. Didn't give a crap about anything until a car crash destroyed his oh-so-valuable hands. Dude tries everything to fix them, even traveling to Tibet. It was there that he met The Ancient One, Sorcerer Supreme. Strange impressed him and became his student when he cast aside his own selfish desires to save good wizard from his evil student, Baron Mordo. Eventually Doctor Strange would become the most skilled and powerful wizard on Earth and the next Sorcerer Supreme. This makes him a PL 14 magic using badass. Strange hits caps with his saves, his mystic shield toughness, his mystic bolt and chain attacks, and his magic knowledge. He also comes with a New York brownstone that's bigger on the inside than the outside. And all of this only costs the PC proper 210 points. But the benefits of being named Sorcerer Supreme comes with some benefits, Strange's extra 35 points go towards paying for the nifty hereditary artifacts of his post: The white magic spellbook Book of the Vishanti, the flying pimp coat Cloak of Levitation, and the amulet holding the seal of his office The Eye of Agamotto. That Eye can show him a bunch of stuff or be used as a last ditch super attack. Plus it work while he's astrally projecting! His rituals and power stunts can do pretty much anything you don't see listed in his basic spells.
Last edited by Gazman on Mon May 07, 2012 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Re: GAZbuild Goes Mystic: Gods, Amora & Skurge, Dr. Strange

Post by Mike5000us » Sat May 05, 2012 10:29 pm

Hmmm Dr Strange is in the house! I am curious about your design perspective concerning his force field. As of now he can't effective attack without leaving himself wide open (only +3 toughness). Was this intentional if so why?

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Sat May 05, 2012 10:52 pm

That's a pretty typical Dr. Strange thing- he's almost never fully-effective at any one thing, and many guys have little trouble taking him out while he's casting other spells.

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Goldar » Sun May 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Very nice Doc Strange, Gazman!

I like that you included some of his original and oldest powers, such as the Bolts of Bedevilment, the Shield of the Seraphim and the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak. I knew of these Bands before ever knowing of Juggernaut and his ruby crystal of Cytorrak and remember thinking there must be some type of connection (which I never did hear explained) a long, long time ago.

I also like the high Will which is needed to power these spells and the awareness of 10 as Doc used to be portrayed as sensing things which others had no ideas about, whether occuring nearby or distant.

Also, interesting pic and one I have not seen before!