GAZbuild: Mastermind, Blob, Destiny, Spiral, Sauron, Arcade

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: GAZbuild Goes Mystic: Gods, Amora & Skurge, Dr. Strange

Post by Gazman » Mon May 07, 2012 9:22 pm

Mike5000us wrote:Hmmm Dr Strange is in the house! I am curious about your design perspective concerning his force field. As of now he can't effective attack without leaving himself wide open (only +3 toughness). Was this intentional if so why?
Totally intentional. Looking at Dr. Strange in action he's either casting defensive spells or he's cast offensive spells. He's never all powerful at both at once. Or if he is, he's casting two spells at once as a power stunt.
Jabroniville wrote:That's a pretty typical Dr. Strange thing- he's almost never fully-effective at any one thing, and many guys have little trouble taking him out while he's casting other spells.
See? Jabroniville knows what's up. :D
Goldar wrote:Very nice Doc Strange, Gazman!

I like that you included some of his original and oldest powers, such as the Bolts of Bedevilment, the Shield of the Seraphim and the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak. I knew of these Bands before ever knowing of Juggernaut and his ruby crystal of Cytorrak and remember thinking there must be some type of connection (which I never did hear explained) a long, long time ago.

I also like the high Will which is needed to power these spells and the awareness of 10 as Doc used to be portrayed as sensing things which others had no ideas about, whether occuring nearby or distant.

Also, interesting pic and one I have not seen before!
Thanks, Goldar!

I feel like Strange is kinda classic like that. Comics books wouldn't be the same without those ridiculous spell names and by the hoary hosts of Hoggorth sand stuff. Same thing with him being wise and sensitive. Cytorrak is a powerful extradimensional giant guy who empowers both that spell and Juggernaut's gem.

I try and find pics that are different and cool. Sometimes I succeed.

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Mike5000us » Mon May 07, 2012 10:38 pm

Gazman wrote:
Mike5000us wrote:Hmmm Dr Strange is in the house! I am curious about your design perspective concerning his force field. As of now he can't effective attack without leaving himself wide open (only +3 toughness). Was this intentional if so why?
Totally intentional. Looking at Dr. Strange in action he's either casting defensive spells or he's cast offensive spells. He's never all powerful at both at once. Or if he is, he's casting two spells at once as a power stunt.
Jabroniville wrote:That's a pretty typical Dr. Strange thing- he's almost never fully-effective at any one thing, and many guys have little trouble taking him out while he's casting other spells.
See? Jabroniville knows what's up. :D
Goldar wrote:Very nice Doc Strange, Gazman!

I like that you included some of his original and oldest powers, such as the Bolts of Bedevilment, the Shield of the Seraphim and the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak. I knew of these Bands before ever knowing of Juggernaut and his ruby crystal of Cytorrak and remember thinking there must be some type of connection (which I never did hear explained) a long, long time ago.

I also like the high Will which is needed to power these spells and the awareness of 10 as Doc used to be portrayed as sensing things which others had no ideas about, whether occuring nearby or distant.

Also, interesting pic and one I have not seen before!
Thanks, Goldar!

I feel like Strange is kinda classic like that. Comics books wouldn't be the same without those ridiculous spell names and by the hoary hosts of Hoggorth sand stuff. Same thing with him being wise and sensitive. Cytorrak is a powerful extradimensional giant guy who empowers both that spell and Juggernaut's gem.

I try and find pics that are different and cool. Sometimes I succeed.
Ok your right he is never really at full power offensively and defensively at the same time. I am curious do you have any plans to stat up Dormammu, Dr. Strange arch nemesis who was capable of challenging Eternity the personification of the Universe.
"Ah man, I guess I'm just going to have to kill you now!"

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Post by WanderingMystic » Wed May 09, 2012 1:24 am

I have to respectfully disagree with both you and Jabroniville for your assessment of Dr Strange.
As you have made him he is a PL 10 character who can boost himself up to a PL 14 if her chooses only to attack or defend in a given round. While I can see that he dose boost his PL by sacrificing one of those option when it is absolutely necessary he is almost with out a force field which he uses in combination with his spells. The better option would be to give him a force field outside his array and a spell which can stack inside his array.

Double check your comics he cast with one hand and manifest a shield in the other while in combat from the 80-2000.

As you have built him he can not stand up to the magical heavy hitters like Dormamu let alone beat them every time.

I would more likely put a complication on him that he can not be an effective PL that is higher than his enemy to show how his power levels vary drastically.

You could even put a fade on his shield to reflect how it gets a little weaker after every attack and he has to sometimes recast it in combat forging attacking.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Wed May 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Mike5000us wrote: Ok your right he is never really at full power offensively and defensively at the same time. I am curious do you have any plans to stat up Dormammu, Dr. Strange arch nemesis who was capable of challenging Eternity the personification of the Universe.
I guess I will try put together Dormammu after his willing servant, next.
WanderingMystic wrote:I have to respectfully disagree with both you and Jabroniville for your assessment of Dr Strange.
As you have made him he is a PL 10 character who can boost himself up to a PL 14 if her chooses only to attack or defend in a given round. While I can see that he dose boost his PL by sacrificing one of those option when it is absolutely necessary he is almost with out a force field which he uses in combination with his spells. The better option would be to give him a force field outside his array and a spell which can stack inside his array.

Double check your comics he cast with one hand and manifest a shield in the other while in combat from the 80-2000.

As you have built him he can not stand up to the magical heavy hitters like Dormamu let alone beat them every time.

I would more likely put a complication on him that he can not be an effective PL that is higher than his enemy to show how his power levels vary drastically.

You could even put a fade on his shield to reflect how it gets a little weaker after every attack and he has to sometimes recast it in combat forging attacking.
Hi, WanderingMystic. Thanks for taking the time to read my build. I also really appreciate you taking the time to draw up all your issues in a clear and respectful fashion. It's clear that you know and care quite a bit about this character; so I'll try to be as clear and respectful.

First off, my version of Doctor Strange is PL 14 character in several ways beyond those attack and defend options. Discounting his array of spells, Stephen can still contribute fully 4 PLs above 10 by three separate means. He has Will Save of 19! This is more than the official Hal Jordan and almost as high as my Professor X. He has a plus 24 bonus for his Expertise: Magic and can use that towards skill challenges or constructing variable effects with Artificer and Ritualist. The requisite Skill Mastery insurance as minimum of DC 34 get handled every time. Finally, if all else fails, Strange can open up the Eye for a capped out wave of disintegration.

Some base protection spells as standalone Protection Effects isn't a bad thought. I do have two concerns about that, though. The story concern is that I have seen Dr. Strange get sneak attacked by basically normal guys. He doesn't really show superhuman resiliency outside of actively summoning a shield. My second thought is a game mechanic. If you strip away the toys that come with his office, my build comes out to the proper points cost for a starting PC of his level. I think going to acquire the Cloak et al could be fun starter session for a game playing as Strange.

My version of Doctor Strange does have the ability to split his spell casting between offense and defense. Every power in his array is a Dynamic Alternate Effect. The cost of splitting his casting is splitting his available points. If you feel that you need more available points he's got Extraordinary Effort and five listed Complications.

I think that your comment on not being able to face down Dormammu is a little premature. For one thing, I have yet to post or even build my version of Dormammu. For another, 19 ranks of Toughness and 18 of Damage or Affliction are nothing to be sneezed at. Even if they don't commingle.

I'm not comfortable with a game mechanic to artificially limit somebody like that. Plus I have also seen plenty of times where Strange is much more powerful than his enemy. Like its not even funny.

I like building standalone protective fields like that as Create. Then there is a physical barrier between the creating character and incoming harm. Then, it can be attacked and damaged independent of the creator's future actions and repaired by reusing the power. I more typically think of Doctor Strange as calling up defensive buffers about himself or those he protects: Protection effects.

I hope this explains my design decisions. I also hope to hear back from you if you have any future thoughts on the crap I put up here.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Baron Mordo

Post by Gazman » Wed May 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Baron Mordo - PL 14 Evil Wizard

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 1, Dexterity 3, Fighting 4, Intellect 4, Awareness 6, Presence 4

Advantages
Artificer, Benefit, Diplomatic Immunity, Benefit, Wealth 2 (indepently wealthy), Benefit: Minor Noble, Connected, Languages 3, Ritualist, Trance, Well-informed

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+6), Deception 8 (+12), Expertise: Magic 18 (+22), Expertise: Old World Noble 8 (+12), Insight 2 (+8), Intimidation 4 (+8), Perception 4 (+10), Persuasion 2 (+6), Ranged Combat: Supreme Sorcery 8 (+11)

Powers
Sorcerous Senses: Senses 2 (Acute: Detect, Awareness: Mystic (Mental))
Sorcery
. . Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 18 (DYN, Affects: 3 Types, inc. Visual - Audio, Visual, Mental, Range: 1000 miles; Dimensional 2: group - Mystic Dimensions, Subtle: DC 20+rank; Limited: Physical Body Is Helpless)
. . Mesmerism: Cumulative Affliction 14 (DYN, 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 24; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Mystic Bolts: Damage 17 (DYN, DC 32; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . Mystic Illusions: Illusion 9 (DYN, Affects: All Sense Types, Area: 500 cft., DC 19; Selective)
. . Mystic Shield: Protection 16 (DYN, +16 Toughness; Affects Others, Impervious, Sustained)
. . Mystic Travel: Teleport 12 (DYN, 16 miles in a move action, carrying 3200 lbs.; Accurate, Extended: 4000 miles in 2 move actions, Increased Mass 6)
. . Thought Casting (DYN)
. . . . Communication: Mental Communication 4
. . . . Mind Reading: Cumulative Mind Reading 10 (DC 20; Cumulative, Sensory Link)

Offense
Initiative +1
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 12)
Mesmerism: Cumulative Affliction 14 (DC Will 24)
Mind Reading: Cumulative Mind Reading 10 (DC Will 20)
Mystic Bolts: Damage 17, +11 (DC 32)
Throw, +3 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 10, Toughness 4, Will 16

Power Points
Abilities 56 + Powers 72 + Advantages 12 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Defenses 27 = 195

Complications
Dark Magics: Mordo's use of the darker magics might be giving him cancer and warping his mind a little bit.
Motivation: Greed: Mordo wants power. Enough power to avenge his father. Enough power to destroy the Ancient One and Doctor Strange. Enough power to become Sorcerer Supreme.
Power Loss: If Mordo can't speak and gesture appropriately, then he can't cast his magic spells.
Responsibility: Baron Mordo has a responsibilty to his Barony. He's also pledged his soul to both Dormammu and Satanish in exchange for their power. For fun he also tries to keep his sorcery secret.

Baron Karl Amadeus Mordo is a Transylvanian nobleman. That he's also a sinister sorcerer should not surprise anybody informed of that fact. Or anybody who can see his collar and facial hair. Baron Mordo's set up like Dr. Strange' evil opposite. Karl isn't as in-tune with magic and creation as Stephen and so has lower ranks in manipulative those energies. His history of being raised by a father and grandfather set of dark wizards gives him the savvy to bridge the gap. Mordo is Strange's clear inferior despite that. He's only PL 13 with his saves and point cost. He's not as smart or as deft. But Mordo is a scary good spell caster, his attacks and defenses hit PL 14 caps. His array shows his focus on mental magic with the advanced AP/TP and capped out Perception mind warp. Mordo is also fond of summoning demons, usually more powerful than he can fully control.

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Re: GAZbuild Goes Mystic: Gods, Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo

Post by Mike5000us » Wed May 09, 2012 11:34 pm

Hmmm I totally missed that you made all of Doctor Strange powers Dynamic instead of simple AEs...Nice!!! Nice Baron you got there! I am really enjoying your magical characters so far! I can't wait to see what you do with Dormammu.
"Ah man, I guess I'm just going to have to kill you now!"

Vexous
Cohort
Cohort

Post by Vexous » Thu May 10, 2012 4:19 am

Ah, Mordo. I always felt kind of sorry for the guy. No matter how good he was or what he did, Strange was one step ahead of him. The guy is a top notch sorcerer without doubt, just not quite good enough. Ever. If I ever get reincarnated into a comic world I really hope its not as "that number two guy"....

Good stuff with Mordo and Strange.

Captain
Cohort
Cohort

Post by Captain » Thu May 10, 2012 5:13 pm

These boards are so cool! I'll definitely reference these when I play :D.

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Post by WanderingMystic » Fri May 11, 2012 12:24 am

Gazman wrote:First off, my version of Doctor Strange is PL 14 character in several ways beyond those attack and defend options. Discounting his array of spells, Stephen can still contribute fully 4 PLs above 10 by three separate means. He has Will Save of 19! This is more than the official Hal Jordan and almost as high as my Professor X. He has a plus 24 bonus for his Expertise: Magic and can use that towards skill challenges or constructing variable effects with Artificer and Ritualist. The requisite Skill Mastery insurance as minimum of DC 34 get handled every time. Finally, if all else fails, Strange can open up the Eye for a capped out wave of disintegration.

Some base protection spells as standalone Protection Effects isn't a bad thought. I do have two concerns about that, though. The story concern is that I have seen Dr. Strange get sneak attacked by basically normal guys. He doesn't really show superhuman resiliency outside of actively summoning a shield. My second thought is a game mechanic. If you strip away the toys that come with his office, my build comes out to the proper points cost for a starting PC of his level. I think going to acquire the Cloak et al could be fun starter session for a game playing as Strange.

My version of Doctor Strange does have the ability to split his spell casting between offense and defense. Every power in his array is a Dynamic Alternate Effect. The cost of splitting his casting is splitting his available points. If you feel that you need more available points he's got Extraordinary Effort and five listed Complications.

I think that your comment on not being able to face down Dormammu is a little premature. For one thing, I have yet to post or even build my version of Dormammu. For another, 19 ranks of Toughness and 18 of Damage or Affliction are nothing to be sneezed at. Even if they don't commingle.

I'm not comfortable with a game mechanic to artificially limit somebody like that. Plus I have also seen plenty of times where Strange is much more powerful than his enemy. Like its not even funny.

I like building standalone protective fields like that as Create. Then there is a physical barrier between the creating character and incoming harm. Then, it can be attacked and damaged independent of the creator's future actions and repaired by reusing the power. I more typically think of Doctor Strange as calling up defensive buffers about himself or those he protects: Protection effects.

I hope this explains my design decisions. I also hope to hear back from you if you have any future thoughts on the crap I put up here.
After reading this I can understand you decisions when making Dr Strange.

Somehow I had missed his Will wow that is a lot but it makes sense and dose really make him feel like a PL 14.

I am still not sure where people think he gets taken out by regular people all the time, I just rechecked my DR Strange supply (wow I feel like a geek now checking over 100 comics) and in his comics he has been hit only a few times all of those from someone getting the drop before he can activate his defense (oddly enough they are all pretty much mooks and minions. My logic has been going off this fact but admittedly I do not have many of his appearances in other comics that is probably why it shocks me so much but I only have the (just the Infinity and the whole midnight suns run).

I was working off the assumption that Dormamu would be a fully functioning PL 14 in attack and defense since he doesn't seem to need to protect himself with spells. This is why had me believing that the Dr could not stand much of a chance.

Now that I have seen Baron I can see that what I initially assumed was a flaw you gave Dr Strange is instead something inherent in begin a spell caster. I can respect that decision and completely understand why you are doing like this. I dose make sorcerers feel like they are on even footing against each other since they both have to worry about weakening their offense if they want to go full defense (and vica versa)

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Post by WanderingMystic » Fri May 11, 2012 12:39 am

One comment i had after reading Dr Strange and Baron Mordou: on characters with DYN I would put the power point limit next to the title of the array. (so in Baron it would be Sorcery [57]) This helps the reader to figure out how many points you have to play with.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Fri May 11, 2012 10:31 am

Awesome work Gaz. Love your builds.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Fri May 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Mike5000us wrote:Hmmm I totally missed that you made all of Doctor Strange powers Dynamic instead of simple AEs...Nice!!! Nice Baron you got there! I am really enjoying your magical characters so far! I can't wait to see what you do with Dormammu.
Thanks, Mike. Glad you like. Hopefully I'll have a Dormammu build soon.
Vexous wrote:Ah, Mordo. I always felt kind of sorry for the guy. No matter how good he was or what he did, Strange was one step ahead of him. The guy is a top notch sorcerer without doubt, just not quite good enough. Ever. If I ever get reincarnated into a comic world I really hope its not as "that number two guy"....

Good stuff with Mordo and Strange.
Yeah. And the real killer thing is that he really would be the best if it weren't for Strange. That has got to burn.

Thanks, Vexous.
Captain wrote:These boards are so cool! I'll definitely reference these when I play :D.
Thanks, Captain! I'm glad you like my stuff enough to consider it a reference. That's kinda awesome. I dig the Think Tank too. Welcome to it.
WanderingMystic wrote:
Gazman wrote: A bunch of stuff about his Dr. Strange build.
After reading this I can understand you decisions when making Dr Strange.

Somehow I had missed his Will wow that is a lot but it makes sense and dose really make him feel like a PL 14.

I am still not sure where people think he gets taken out by regular people all the time, I just rechecked my DR Strange supply (wow I feel like a geek now checking over 100 comics) and in his comics he has been hit only a few times all of those from someone getting the drop before he can activate his defense (oddly enough they are all pretty much mooks and minions. My logic has been going off this fact but admittedly I do not have many of his appearances in other comics that is probably why it shocks me so much but I only have the (just the Infinity and the whole midnight suns run).

I was working off the assumption that Dormamu would be a fully functioning PL 14 in attack and defense since he doesn't seem to need to protect himself with spells. This is why had me believing that the Dr could not stand much of a chance.

Now that I have seen Baron I can see that what I initially assumed was a flaw you gave Dr Strange is instead something inherent in begin a spell caster. I can respect that decision and completely understand why you are doing like this. I dose make sorcerers feel like they are on even footing against each other since they both have to worry about weakening their offense if they want to go full defense (and vica versa)
Cool. I'm glad we've gotten to an understanding. And yeah, you got it. I was thinking a wizard's duel wouldn't be slamming unstoppable forces against indestructible defenses, but managing your power and controlling the magic. You should have to think about when to strike and when to hold back. Strange is smarter and has more control, ergo he gets higher ranks for his dynamic effects.
WanderingMystic wrote:One comment i had after reading Dr Strange and Baron Mordou: on characters with DYN I would put the power point limit next to the title of the array. (so in Baron it would be Sorcery [57]) This helps the reader to figure out how many points you have to play with.
That is a good point. I will try to add that to all future posts. And then when I finally get around to making the build changes I want and cleaning up all of my atrocious typos, I'll put in backposts.

That last bit might be a while...
JoshuaDunlow wrote:Awesome work Gaz. Love your builds.
Thanks a lot, JD!

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Post by XeroKhan » Sat May 12, 2012 11:44 am

This is very good work. Just one request: can you make a 3e Deadpool? I know it is off topic for this part, but I would love to see how you create him.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Sun May 13, 2012 8:43 pm

XeroKhan wrote:This is very good work. Just one request: can you make a 3e Deadpool? I know it is off topic for this part, but I would love to see how you create him.
Hey, XeroKhan. Thank you. Of course I'm going to do Deadpool. He and his mouthy mercenary ways will be part of Marvel's street scene. That's coming up after I make my way through magic land.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Dormammu

Post by Gazman » Sun May 13, 2012 8:59 pm

Dormammu - PL 16 Dread Lord of Darkness

Strength 16, Stamina 16, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 7, Intellect 6, Awareness 8, Presence 6

Advantages
Artificer, Benefit 6: Supreme Regent of the Dark Dimension, Fascinate (Deception), Ritualist, Startle

Skills
Deception 8 (+14), Expertise: Magic 20 (+26), Insight 4 (+12), Intimidation 10 (+16), Perception 6 (+14), Ranged Combat: Mystic Power 10 (+12)

Powers
Mystic Energy Being
. . Faltine Flames: Strength-based Damage 5 (DC 36; Reaction 3: reaction)
. . Magical Physiology: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support)
. . Mystic Senses: Senses 7 (Acute (Type): Mental, Analytical (Type): Mental, Awareness: Mystic (Mental), Detect: Magic (Mental) 2: ranged)
. . Mystic Substance: Insubstantial 3 (Energy; Affects Corporeal 17, Increased Duration: continuous)
. . Reconstruction: Immortality 1 (Return after 2 weeks)
Mystic Power: 70 Point Dynamic Array
. . Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 21 (DYN, Affects: 3 Types, inc. Visual, Range: 8000 miles; Dimensional 3: any dimension, Subtle: DC 20+rank; Limited: "Physical" Body is Helpless)
. . Counter Magic: Nullify 20 (DYN, Counters: Magic, DC 30; Broad, Precise, Simultaneous)
. . Demonic Influence: Cumulative Affliction 16 (DYN, 1st degree: Dazed, Fatigued, 2nd degree: Compelled, Exhausted, 3rd degree: Controlled, Transformed, Resisted by: Will, DC 26; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range 2: perception; Limited: to Those Who Accept Him)
. . Empowerment: Variable 10 (DYN; Affects Others Only)
. . Grow Huge(DYN)
. . . . Big Muscles: Enhanced Strength 4 (+4 STR; Affects Corporeal 4)
. . . . Huge Reach: Elongation 4 (Elongation: 120 feet)
. . Mystic Flames: Damage 20 (DYN, DC 35; Increased Range: ranged, Secondary Effect)
. . Mystic Transformation: Transform 11 (DYN, Affects: Anything, Transforms: 1600 lbs., DC 21; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Power: Variable 10 (DYN)
. . Tear Rift: Line Area Damage 16 (DYN, DC 31; Line Area 2: 5 feet wide by 60 feet long, Indirect 2: any point away or fixed point in fixed direction)

Offense
Initiative +2
Counter Magic: Nullify 20, +12 (DC Will 30)
Demonic Influence: Cumulative Affliction 16 (DC Will 26)
Faltine Flames: Strength-based Damage 5, +7 (DC 36)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 26)
Mystic Flames: Damage 20, +12 (DC 35)
Mystic Transformation: Transform 11, +12 (DC Dog 21)
Tear Rift: Line Area Damage 16 (DC 31)
Throw, +2 (DC 31)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 31)

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 16, Toughness 16, Will 16

Power Points
Abilities 126 + Powers 162 + Advantages 10 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 350

Complications
Arrogance: As the God-Emperer of an entire dimension, Dormammu tends to think highly of himself. This results in indulgent behavior like draging things out, bragging, and failing to prepare backup.
Enemy: Dormammu has eternal enemies in the Vishanti and a mortal one in Dr. Strange.
Weakness: Traveling outside of the Dark Dimension can weaken Dormammu and his powers. He's also in trouble if he can't keep his Faltine Flames burning bright.

The Dreaded Dormammu is the most powerful and evil of the extra-dimensional energy beings called the Faltine. He and his sister, Umar were exiled from the Faltine dimension for killing their parent and for having an unhealthy obsession with matter and the physical world. Eventually, the ended up in the Dark Dimension where Dormammu set himself up as their all powerful ruler and deity with some snazzy Flames of Regency. Obviously, this means that the big D is a superpowerful mystic heavyweight. He's an over-cost (+110 points!) PL 16 with his accurate and hard hitting magic attacks, his impressive saves, and his knowledge of arcana. Although he lacks capped out active defenses, he is an immortal creature made of pure mystic energy with a superiority complex. And so this scary, compelling ruler of all he surveys probably doesn't care. Variable covers all the flying, teleporting, mental powers, etc. utility stuff. Tempting, twisting, empowering, and corrupting are D-man's favorite schemes but he won't back down from a fight.