GAZbuild: Mastermind, Blob, Destiny, Spiral, Sauron, Arcade

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Wolverine. My 100th Post!

Post by Gazman » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Wolverine - PL 11 Ole Canucklebubsnikt

Strength 5, Stamina 8, Agility 5, Dexterity 2, Fighting 12, Intellect 3, Awareness 8, Presence 1

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Animal Empathy, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Close Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Equipment 2, Favored Environment: While Raging, Great Endurance, Improved Critical: Adamantium Claws: Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Critical: Adamantium Claws: Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Initiative, Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 4, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close, Concealment), Ranged Attack 3, Startle, Takedown 2, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+7), Athletics 6 (+11), Close Combat: Adamantium Claws: Strength-based Damage 3 1 (+13), Expertise: Samurai Warrior 8 (+11), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+7), Expertise: Survival 8 (+11), Insight 2 (+10), Intimidation 13 (+14), Investigation 4 (+7), Perception 13 (+21), Stealth 4 (+9), Vehicles 6 (+8)

Powers
Adamantium Claws: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 23, Advantages: Improved Critical; Penetrating 8, Split: 2 targets)
Adamantium Skeleton
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 1 (+1 STR; Permanent)
. . Immunity: Immunity 2 (Uncommon Descriptor: Broken Bones)
. . Protection: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness; Impervious)
Keener Than Any Animal's: Senses 9 (Acute: Scent, Danger Sense: Scent, Extended: Sight 1: x10, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Extended: Scent 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Tracking: Scent 2: full speed, Ultra-hearing)
Mutant Healing Factor (Advantages: Great Endurance)
. . Immunity: Immunity 4 (Aging, Disease, Environmental Condition: Cold, Poison; Limited - Half Effect)
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 10 (Every 1 round; Persistent)
Scarred Psyche: Immunity 20 (Very Common Descriptor: Mental; Unreliable (roll))

Equipment
Motorcycle Strength 1, Defense 0, Toughness 8, Size Medium
Powers Speed 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
Power Points Abilities 1 + Powers 6 + Advantages 0 + Features 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 3 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 10

Offense
Initiative +9
Adamantium Claws: Strength-based Damage 3, +14 (DC 23)
Grab, +13 (DC Spec 15)
Throw, +5 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +13 (DC 20)

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 12, Fortitude 12, Toughness 10, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 86 + Powers 63 + Advantages 29 + Skills 36 (71 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 225

Complications
Enemy: Sabretooth, Lady Deathstroke, Silver Samurai, Cyber, Ogoun, and more. But especially Sabertooth.
Prejudice: Wolverine is a grungy little guy with a bad temper and a mutant x-gene. He's not exactly the most popular man around.
Hazy Past: Wolverine's been mind-wiped and brainwashed so many times that he can't be sure of his life past a certain point.
Not For Internal Use: Adamantium does not belong inside people. It renders Wolverine susceptible to magnetic and electrical attacks and blood poisoning if he ever loses his healing factor.
Relationship: Wolverine has made a life for himself with the X-men and is especially close with Elf, 'Roro, Petey, and Jean. He's also taken several young girls under his wing: Kitty, Jubilee, Armor, and Pixie.
Responsibility: The X-men fight to save a world that hates and fears them
Temper: Wolverine can fly into deadly feral rages at times.

James "Logan" Howlett is an angry old man. Angry like foaming at the mouth berserk rampages (He's working on it. Everyday at a time.) Old like his personal sesquicentennial has been and gone. He doesn't remember everything that happened in all that time, because that's more interesting. Did he a life with Silver Fox? What's his real relationship with Sabretooth? What was life like before Weapon X grabbed him? Maybe Weapon X wants him back, maybe Department H does, maybe HYDRA thinks he knows something about something from the Big One, maybe Daken is a surprise! He is explicitly tougher and more aware of things than human beings can possibly be. Carrying around bones made of metal has really jacked him up and adds weight to any impact, as well as the intended purpose of giving him unbreakable internal armor. If you do manage to hurt him, Logan will be back on his feet 1 round/wound later. The toughest metal on earth also covers his mutant claws and turns each arm into a sword that can cut through anything. That melee attack and his parry are what make Wolverine a PL 11 scrapper. He also hits caps with his saves and perception skill. Man can get by in a war zone, a Buddhist temple, a Madripoor dive bar, and a Canadian Rockies winter and slice up whatever sort of frightened bad guy is holed up there. Hell, he could probably follow one bad guy through all of those, dicing his minions on the way. That's why he's the best there is at what he does, and what he does isn't very nice.
Last edited by Gazman on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: GAZbuild Newish Mutants

Post by Gazman » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Niiiiice. Apparently 100 posts has promoted me from extra #7 to Flash Thompson level. Maybe even Alfred Pennyworth. 8)
peteyrock wrote:
Gazman wrote:Image
Magik - PL 10 Demon-Tainted Russian Chick
Sweet! Talk about attention to detail! Thanks!
You're welcome. And I'm glad you like it, 'cause it was a labor of love getting those details down.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: GAZbuild X-Men Galore

Post by Jabroniville » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:47 am

Yeah, that's a nice Magik. She's problematic because she's got so many varied powers, and mixes Dr. Strange-type stuff (ie. "Whatever power is needed") in Limbo with carrying a Super-Weapon all by herself, and ALSO being a high-range Teleporter (way beyond the levels of most X-Men).

Only thing I can see missing is the ability to Summon Limbo Demons, but that's seen so rarely that you could easily justify it as a Power Stunt.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Jabroniville wrote:Yeah, that's a nice Magik. She's problematic because she's got so many varied powers, and mixes Dr. Strange-type stuff (ie. "Whatever power is needed") in Limbo with carrying a Super-Weapon all by herself, and ALSO being a high-range Teleporter (way beyond the levels of most X-Men).

Only thing I can see missing is the ability to Summon Limbo Demons, but that's seen so rarely that you could easily justify it as a Power Stunt.
Thanks. She can do that? I've never seen an instance of it (but I confess to reading not many issues of New Mutants) but that's a really cool stunt. From the stepping disc power, right?

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Cyclops

Post by Gazman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:32 pm

Cyclops - PL 12 Stick-in-the-Mud Strategist

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 4, Fighting 8, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 4

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 16, Improved Critical: Optic Attacks, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Inspire 2, Leadership, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack 4, Takedown, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort: Leader

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 4 (+6), Expertise: Mutant Leader 14 (+17), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 3 (+7), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 3 (+7), Ranged Combat: Optic Attacks 4 (+8), Technology 1 (+4), Treatment 1 (+4), Vehicles 4 (+8)

Powers
Angle Calculation: Quickness 3 (Perform routine tasks in -3 time ranks; Limited to One Task: Spatial Geometry)
Jet Pack: Flight 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
Optic Attacks
. . Optic Autofire: Damage 9 (DC 24; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Ricochet: 1 bounce)
. . Optic Beam: Line Area Damage 12 (DC 27; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long)
. . Optic Blast: Damage 12 (DC 27; Increased Range: ranged, Ricochet 4: 4 bounces)
. . Optic Crush: Concentration Affliction 9 (1st degree: Hindered, Dazed, 2nd degree: Prone, Stunned, DC 19; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Concentration, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
. . Optic Deflection: Deflect 14
. . Optic Wide-Shot: Cone Area Damage 9 (DC 24; Cone Area 2: 120 feet cone)
Psychic Link to Girlfriend: Senses 1 (Communication Link: Mental)
Ruby Quartz Visor (Removable)
. . Optic Control: Enhanced Trait 8 (Advantages: Accurate Attack, Improved Critical, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Takedown; Limited: to optic attacks only)
Summers Brother: Immunity 2 (Rare Descriptor: Own Powers, Rare Descriptor: Havok's Powers)

Equipment
Blackbird, Commlink, Jet Pack [Jet Pack: Flight 5, Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round], Undercover Shirt, Utopia

Offense
Initiative +3
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 12)
Optic Autofire: Damage 9, +12 (DC 24)
Optic Beam: Line Area Damage 12 (DC 27)
Optic Blast: Damage 12, +12 (DC 27)
Optic Crush: Concentration Affliction 9, +12 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 19)
Optic Wide-Shot: Cone Area Damage 9 (DC 24)
Throw, +8 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 14, Parry 10, Fortitude 9, Toughness 6/3, Will 13

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 40 + Advantages 26 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Defenses 29 = 180

--------------------

Blackbird - Strength 14, Defense -6, Toughness 12, Size Gargantuan
Features:
Alarm 1, Navigation System 1
Powers
Cloaking Device: Concealment 2 (Other Sense Type: Radar)
Flight: Flight 12 (Speed: 8000 miles/hour, 16 miles/round)
Power Points
Abilities 5 + Powers 28 + Advantages 0 + Features 2 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 1 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 36

--------------------

Utopia - Toughness 20, Size Awesome
Features:
Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Dock, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System 2, Workshop
Powers
Cerebra Scanning: Senses 3 (Extended: Detect 3: x1k; Affects Others Only)
Power Points
Abilities 6 + Powers 1 + Advantages 0 + Features 16 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 7 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 30

Complications
Permanent Red-eye: If Cyclops loses his visor he can't use his standard autofire, line, or cone attacks. If he also loses his matching glasses then he can only shut off his power by closing his eyes.
Prejudice: King of the radical separatist mutie scum!
Relationship: Jean Grey. Currently taking up with Emma Frost. Always brothers to Havok and sun of the star tossed Corsair. Surrogate son of Charles Xavier.
Responsibility: The X-men fight to protect a world that hates and fears them. Cyclops leads them while also trying to prevent the utter annihilation of his people.

Scott Summers was always the lame one. He was a studious teacher's pet and spoil sport who got to be leader even though he didn't have Warren's charisma, money, and connections or Hank's super brains and people skills. Then Wolverine showed up and forget about it. He bored me and the fact that he was my little brother's favorite just made it worse. I cheered his spot-light episode of the Animated Series because he got de-powered, shunned, and beat up. Then X-Men Legends and Cyclops's leadership skill was just so necessary. Then I read Whedon's run of Astonishing and I kinda understood Cyclops. Then everything since M-Day and the destruction of the school and Utopia and now I think he's an aight guy. For a fictional tight-ass. PL 12 because each one of his eyes is a blaster cannon and he's as good at aiming as he is at hurting. He slaps his visor on and he gets a lot more targeting tricks to use on those suckers: like rapid fire, a focused beam, or a diffuse cone. He's trained to blast incoming attacks and falling debris and just pound people into the ground or nearby backstop. Scott's also trained to come up with really nice plans and lead the X-men (leading nearly the entire mutant species just kinda happened) so he gets to lend effectiveness from the quality of his plans and their belief in the quality of his plans. Guy has spent like his entire life in the Danger Room or in the field and so he's an acrobat and a PL 5 pugilist. He's also spent all that time dating a telepath, so high will it is. He's PC points ready and has a jetpack.
Last edited by Gazman on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Storm

Post by Gazman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:08 pm

Storm - PL 12 Wind-Rider

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 10, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Advantages
Attractive, Benefit, Status: Queen of Wakanda, Connected, Equipment 1, Favored Environment: Airborne, Inspire, Languages 3, Leadership, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 2 (+4), Expertise: African Queen 4 (+6), Expertise: Street Thief 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+10), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 8 (+12), Ranged Combat: Weather Control 6 (+10), Sleight of Hand 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 2 (+6)

Powers
Weather Control
. . Adverse Conditions: Environment 12 ([Dynamic], Cold, Impede Movement (1 rank), Visibility (-2), Radius: 8 miles; Selective)
. . Lightning Bolt: Damage 14 ([Dynamic], DC 27; Increased Range: ranged, Indirect 3: any point in fixed direction or fixed point in any direction)
. . Thunder and Lightning: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 12 ([0 active, 0/48 PP, 4/r], 1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 22; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Tornado: Cylinder Area Damage 12 ([Dynamic], DC 27; Cylinder Area 3: 120 feet cylinder)
. . Wind Burst: Burst Area Move Object 9 ([Dynamic], 12 tons; Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, Selective)
. . Wind Riding: Burst Area Flight 7 ([Dynamic], Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round; Affects Others, Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere)
Weather Resistant: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Weather)
Weather Sense: Senses 7 (Acute: Detect, Detect: Weather 2: ranged, Precognition; Limited: Precognitive to weather only [4 ranks only])

Equipment
Commlink, Undercover Shirt

Offense
Initiative +4
Fog: Burst Area Concealment Attack 2 (DC Dog 12)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 12)
Lightning Bolt: Damage 14, +10 (DC 29)
Throw, +4 (DC 17)
Tornado: Cylinder Area Damage 12 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 17)
Wind Burst: Burst Area Move Object 9 (DC 22)

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 12, Fortitude 8, Toughness 5, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 66 + Powers 74 + Advantages 11 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Defenses 24 = 205

Complications
Accident: Storm's emotions can unwittingly trigger her powers.
Phobia: Storm is claustrophobic. Cause she was almost buried by a collapsing building in childhood.
Prejudice: Storm is a foreign black woman and a mutant. Plenty of people don't like her.
Relationship: Her husband T'Challa and her X-men team mates.
Responsibility: The X-men fight to protect a world that hates and fears them. Storm is one of their leaders and also Queen of a sovereign nation half a world away.

Ororo Munroe used to be worshiped about as a goddess. While totally intense that is also almost understandable. A) Look at her. B) Look at what she can do! Storm can command the elements for miles away, call lightning bolts down on your head, whistle up a wind, or just say I'm wrecking this joint and pull out a tornado. And she is completely immune to all of that and whatever else the climate or another weather witch type might try. But she is not just the mistress of the elements and royalty of the most advanced nation on (her) Earth. Ororo was once a grubby little orphan thief in thrall to the Shadowking. She remembers those skills well and could pull a decent heist or beat up Cyclops without her powers. Storm can led the X-men, the Morlocks, or a small nation. When I think Storm I think really dramatic speeches about how she is Storm! Mistress of the Elements! and how she Commands You Blow, Icy Winds! or how you will Feel the Scourge of the Merciless Sun! By the goddess, Storm does not often use contractions.
Last edited by Gazman on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peteyrock
Cohort
Cohort

Re: Cyclops

Post by peteyrock » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Gazman wrote:Image
Cyclops - PL 12 Stick-in-the-Mud Strategist
The word "baller" springs to mind. Seriously, this Cyclops build is put together a little too well. He's the perfect leader, and I feel sorry for anyone in the way of his blasts. Ultimate Effort: Leader and Angle Calculation were brilliant touches. I'm not sure if Leader can be affected by Ultimate Effort by the RAW, but I don't care - smart move.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:23 pm

peteyrock wrote:The word "baller" springs to mind. Seriously, this Cyclops build is put together a little too well. He's the perfect leader, and I feel sorry for anyone in the way of his blasts. Ultimate Effort: Leader and Angle Calculation were brilliant touches. I'm not sure if Leader can be affected by Ultimate Effort by the RAW, but I don't care - smart move.
I dunno about perfect leader. My Cap has an extra rank of inspire plus 5 extra ranks and skill mastery for the relevant expertise. As for the angle calculation, it is the official explanation for how he can do things like deflect peril safely and ricochet his shots. I know I've seen it on at least one other build on this board, too.

Funny thing is that I had him as 150 point PL 11 before I decided that I wanted his accuracy to be as high as his damage of 12 and I wanted him to come with a headquarters and transport if Chuck's not so much in the picture. And then it was just a few minor alterations to get PC points. I might have over done it.

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Post by luketheduke86 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:28 pm

Loving the X-men builds. With the Cyclops build being very awesome! I like how he's a power level higher than Wolverine but lower in points. I think the only thing I disagree with is that his Vehicles skill seems a tad low and I find the inclusion of a jet pack a little...odd lol.

Cyclops was one of my least favorite X-men when I was a kid, but after a combination of reading Whedon's X-men run, appreciating that he's deeper than just some guy that shoots laser beams out of his eyes and me becoming more mature (ok that last one is debatable :wink:) I found that he now is at the top of my fave X-men list.
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:40 am

Yeah, I'm in the same boat with Cyclops- didn't care for him as much as a kid (though I kind of wanted to be the "different" kid who didn't automatically love Wolverine), but as I got older, I realized how good he was as a character, and how NECESSARY he was for the team- every team needs a "Stable One". Even if "Stable" in this case means "absorbed into self-pity".

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:04 pm

X-Men Galore...is that Pussy's brother? BADA-BING!

Good stuff, Gaz. I'm like the rest, I didn't get Cyke until I got older and now I dig him, despite the debatable decisions he's made as of late. But that goes with leadership (and the need to have that dick leader in place, see early Professor X and tons of other team books), I suppose.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:47 pm

luketheduke86 wrote:Loving the X-men builds. With the Cyclops build being very awesome! I like how he's a power level higher than Wolverine but lower in points. I think the only thing I disagree with is that his Vehicles skill seems a tad low and I find the inclusion of a jet pack a little...odd lol.

Cyclops was one of my least favorite X-men when I was a kid, but after a combination of reading Whedon's X-men run, appreciating that he's deeper than just some guy that shoots laser beams out of his eyes and me becoming more mature (ok that last one is debatable :wink:) I found that he now is at the top of my fave X-men list.
Bam!

Yeah. I just didn't want him to have a higher vehicles score than Psylocke, who is technically actually a pilot. I guess they could both use more. I'll try to finagle it.

Thorp, it WAS Pussy's brother. Now sister.
Thank you! Try the veal and be sure to tip your waitress!
Making hard decisions that not everybody agrees with is part of why I now almost actually like the guy.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Beast

Post by Gazman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:16 pm

Beast - PL 10 Blue Ape Man

Strength 8, Stamina 6, Agility 8, Dexterity 6, Fighting 8, Intellect 6, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Advantages
Agile Feint, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Languages 3, Move-by Action, Prone Fighting, Takedown 2, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+16), Athletics 8 (+16), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+10), Deception 2 (+6), Expertise: Genetics 14 (+20), Expertise: The Humanities 6 (+12), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 2 (+6), Investigation 1 (+7), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+10), Stealth 4 (+12), Technology 8 (+14), Treatment 10 (+16), Vehicles 1 (+7)

Powers
Beastly Locomotion
. . Leaping: Leaping 1 (Leap 15 feet at 4 miles/hour)
. . Movement: Movement 3 (Sure-footed 1, Swinging, Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank)
. . Speed: Speed 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
Quadridexterity: Feature 1

Offense
Initiative +12
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 18)
Throw, +6 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 23)

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fortitude 10, Toughness 7/6, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 100 + Powers 10 + Advantages 19 + Skills 41 (82 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 190

Complications
Fame: Dr. Henry McCoy is one of the world's most accomplished scientists, an Avenger, and he's blue. People notice him.
Fascinating!: Beast can get sidetracked by interesting observations or hypotheticals that occur to him.
Prejudice: Mutie scum!
Relationship: Close to either Trish Tilby or Agent Brand. Longtime friend and partner of the other X-men.
Responsibility: The X-Men fight to protect a world that hates and fears them.

Sorry cat Beast. The iconic Dr. Henry Philip McCoy is an ape man. He's much stronger and more agile than a human being and a bit tougher and more dexterous to boot. Actually, he's so dexterous that his feet count as hands! He can bound around a battlefield flipping over people and bouncing off the ceiling to grab everybody's guns or just crack them in the face. He's PL 10 and hits his caps unarmed, with all three defense pairings, and with his science skill. Unlike most omnidisciplinary comic book scientists, Hank is actually a geneticist. But he can default to biology or general science stuff if that's whats called for. Neither does he fit the dazed and confused lost outside the lab stereotype. Hank is incredibly well read and personable. His jovial outgoing exterior does hide a bit of inner pain as he wonders how can a big blue ape man fit into this world. But he is really jovial and outgoing anyway. My fav of the first five.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Rogue

Post by Gazman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:45 pm

Rogue - PL 11 Power Siphoning Southern Bell

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 1, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
All-out Attack, Attractive, Defensive Roll, Leadership, Power Attack, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+5), Close Combat: Draining Touch 3 (+9), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise: Streetwise 5 (+6), Insight 5 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+6), Vehicles 4 (+5)

Powers
Draining Touch
. . Energy Drain: Affliction 13 (1st degree: Fatigued, Impaired, 2nd degree: Exhausted, Disabled, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Transformed, Resisted by: Will, DC 23; Extra Condition)
. . Mental Imprint: Mind Reading 8 (DC 18; Reduced Range 2: close)
Ability Mimicry: Variable 13 (Limited: to abilities affected by energy drain., Limited: Lasts only as long as energy drain's affects.)

Power Settings
Ms Marvel's Powers (Powers: Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Stamina 10, Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 10, Flight: Flight 10, Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 5)

Offense
Initiative +2
Energy Drain: Affliction 13, +9 (DC Will 23)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 12)
Mental Imprint: Mind Reading 8, +9 (DC Will 18)
Throw, +1 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 2, Toughness 3/2, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 95 + Advantages 6 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 165

Complications
Accident: Touching anybody will use her powers on that person. Prolonged exposure to Rogue can permanently affect both of them. Like comas and crazy voices in the head affect.
Prejudice: Mutie scum!
Relationship: On and off with Gambit. Raised by Mystique and Destiny, which kinda makes Nightcrawler family. Somehow connected to Hope.
Responsibility: The X-men fight to protect a world that hates and fears them.

I know she's like super duper hot and has that sexy accent, but you do not want to touch Rogue. Cause her touch makes her PL 11 and it will drain you dry. Anybody she touches loses energy and becomes tired and powerless, while she gets in their mind. Then Rogue has access to any powers or abilities of those she drained. If she drains too much, then that person ends up in a coma and Rogue ends up with them living in her head. This happened to Ms Marvel some time ago and Rogue can spend her giant (though limited) variable to emulate the Empowered Woman and become a PL 11 flying brick. I guess that being soooo close to so many people over the years has made Rogue understanding, because she's a reasonable leader and guidance counselor type, if she can get Cyclops to trust her. And wouldn't he? Its not like ever ran with the Brotherhood or runs off every so often. Oh wait! But who could stay mad at that face? (or that hair or that body or that voice?) Oh yeah...Rogue PC points cost, massive power weak defensively if hasn't gotten any good powers lately. The end.
Last edited by Gazman on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Post by luketheduke86 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Gazman wrote: Image
Bam!
I stand corrected. :D
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.