GAZbuild: Mastermind, Blob, Destiny, Spiral, Sauron, Arcade

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Re: GAZbuild X-Villains Galore

Post by Gazman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:59 pm

luketheduke86 wrote:Hey I just wanted to stop in and tell you that you're doing an awesome job here. I've been enjoying your builds immensely and I particularly like your playable Hank Pym. I was very happy with his portrayal in the Avenger's cartoon and your build really seems to channel that. Keep up the good work!
Hey, luke. Thanks for the high praise. I'm really glad that you're enjoying what I made. I gotta say I'm kinda proud of that Pym build myself and I'll try and keep it going.
scc wrote:I really enjoyed your builds. Just got through reading this thread. I am glad to see Mr Fantastic at PL 14. He can reach those caps with inventions that is for sure. And the reaction damage on Luke Cage is nice. You don't see that in too many builds. I admit I always miss the grapple part for PL but I think Mr Fantastic does not end up at PL 11 for grappling. 5(Ag) + 4(Fgt) + 8(Elog)=17/2-8.5. Unless I am missing something. I like the skill imaginaut for the FF too. Maybe Magneto should have a force field that affects others too. Though he could always power stunt that I guess. Looking forward to more of your builds.
Hi, scc. Thanks for the read through and endorsement. I can't properly take credit for the Ouch! effect on my Cage build. I saw the power on Taliesin's Cage and just thought it was the perfect unique touch to distinguish Cage's protection power from Thing's or Colossus's. I've seen lots of bullets and melee weapons smash against Luke and I'm sure it would do something similar to a human fist.

The remaining 2.5 is his 5 ranks of unarmed close combat. I know that grab attacks and unarmed attacks aren't technically the same, but the fast grab advantage really renders it moot. If he can punch AND grab on the same attack there's no reason he can't just grab at the same accuracy. I love the skill imaginaut because I love 3e's expertise skill.

Magneto totally does group force fields. And if/when I redo/touch-up his build they'll probably get a spot in his array. But for now, I'm gonna say that it works as a stunt fueled by his Holocaust Survivor, Relationship, or Responsibility complication. Magneto can consider his personal goals and survival above almost all else.
Last edited by Gazman on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Sabretooth

Post by Gazman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Sabretooth - PL 12 Savage Psycho-killer

Strength 7, Stamina 8, Agility 4, Dexterity 2, Fighting 13, Intellect 1, Awareness 7, Presence 1

Advantages
All-out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Close Attack, Diehard, Fascinate (Intimidation), Favored Environment: While Raging, Great Endurance, Improved Critical: Claws, Improved Initiative, Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close, Concealment), Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 6 (+13), Expertise: Military 10 (+11), Expertise: Streetwise 6 (+7), Expertise: Survival 6 (+7), Insight 2 (+9), Intimidation 16 (+17), Perception 10 (+17), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 6 (+7), Vehicles 6 (+8)

Powers
Animalistic
. . Leaping: Leaping 1 (Leap 15 feet at 4 miles/hour)
. . Protection: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)
. . Speed: Speed 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
Claws: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 24, Advantages: Improved Critical; Penetrating 2, Split: 2 targets)
Mutant Healing Factor (Advantages: Great Endurance)
. . Immunity: Immunity 4 (Aging, Disease, Environmental Condition: Cold, Poison; Limited - Half Effect)
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 10 (Every 1 round; Persistent)
Senses: Senses 9 (Acute: Scent, Danger Sense: Scent, Extended: Sight 1: x10, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Extended: Scent 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Tracking: Scent 2: full speed, Ultra-hearing)

Offense
Initiative +8
Claws: Strength-based Damage 2, +14 (DC 24)
Grab, +14 (DC Spec 17)
Throw, +4 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +14 (DC 22)

Defense
Dodge 11, Parry 13, Fortitude 13, Toughness 10, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 86 + Powers 43 + Advantages 19 + Skills 39 (78 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 200

Complications
Motivation: Thrills: Creed loves the hell out of murder and mayhem. Running a bloodly rampage is his idea of a good time.
Nemesis: Wolverine. The bad blood between those two clawed mutants is epic.
Power Loss: Sabretooth' healing factor is useless against the Muramasa Blade and it will cut him up while shutting the power down.
Prejudice: Big hairy mutie scum!
Temper: Sabretooth can get lost in a berserker rage and wake up to find he murdered a bus full of people and doesn't get to remember the fun.

Victor Creed is bad man. A very big, very hairy, very scary, very old, very bad man. He can follow your scent faster than you move leap on your back from stealth and claw the hide right off you. If you manage to fight back he'll probably heal. If he enters one of his rages his favored environment makes him even better at clawing your face off and you better believe power attack and crit on 19. Dude has fought in more wars than you can name, live in the ghettos or the jungle and not miss a thing in either. He's half a PL up from Wolverine at 11.5 with claws, parry, and fort/will. Adamantium bonding could give him another point of strength, impervious protection, and penetrating for his claws if you want to make Sabretooth fully PL 12 and even more capable at eating innocent people or terrorizing Wolverine. What is wrong with you?

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Goldar » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:07 am

Wow, very nice builds, Gazman!

I reviewed each one and I really like the ratings you gave for most all the characters! I especially liked Reed Richards' stats, including his gliding ability which many fans are unaware of that he can do!

Who do you plan to profile next?

Do you plan on doing any of the obscure MU characters or just the major ones?

Do you take requests for character builds?

krypt0nian
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by krypt0nian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:31 am

Gaz, huge fan of your stuff, especially the "feel" of them, which I think you're particularly adept at capturing.

Welcome to the boards! Any hints as to what group of characters you're going to conquer next? If you're taking suggestions, I'd love to see your Power Pack or maybe the Young Avengers. Cloak & Dagger would also be welcome.

Cheers, Gaz! :D
~ Rocketed from Krypton ~
@krypt0nian on Twitter
#MNM3e tag represent!

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Goldar wrote:Wow, very nice builds, Gazman!

I reviewed each one and I really like the ratings you gave for most all the characters! I especially liked Reed Richards' stats, including his gliding ability which many fans are unaware of that he can do!

Who do you plan to profile next?

Do you plan on doing any of the obscure MU characters or just the major ones?

Do you take requests for character builds?
Thanks a lot, Goldar. I guess since the thread says "X-Villains Galore" I should probably try to do more X-Villains, just gotta psych myself up to it. Or just change the thread title to X-men. Or go back to finish the Avengers and some more Masters of Evil types. I eventually plan on hitting all of the major Marvel notes (and also branching out), but probably nothing really obscure.

I can't really say I don't take requests, since I've not gotten any yet. I guess I would be happy to try a build for somebody I've at least heard of.
krypt0nian wrote:Gaz, huge fan of your stuff, especially the "feel" of them, which I think you're particularly adept at capturing.

Welcome to the boards! Any hints as to what group of characters you're going to conquer next? If you're taking suggestions, I'd love to see your Power Pack or maybe the Young Avengers. Cloak & Dagger would also be welcome.

Cheers, Gaz! :D
Thanks for the welcome and for the big compliments. I guess I'm going to try more X-baddies and live up my "galore" hyperbole. There's still the rest of the Brotherhood under Magneto and Mystique, the Acolytes, Marauders, and the Sentinels just to name groups. I should probably get cracking on that at some point. I've never really read Power Pack or New Avengers, so when I do teen heroes it'll definitely be the Runaways first if not only. Cloak and Dagger will both get built and posted with either the X-men or the Spidey/Street guys.

In the mean time, here is somebody who qualifies as both a X-men enemy and as an Avenger.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Quicksilver

Post by Gazman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Quicksilver - PL 10 Douchebag Speedster

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 5, Dexterity 5, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Advantages
Agile Feint, Close Attack 5, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion 2, Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 5, Languages 2, Move-by Action, Set-up, Takedown 2, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics 6 (+8), Expertise: Mutant Activist 6 (+7), Sleight of Hand 2 (+7), Stealth 2 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+7)

Powers
High Speed Lifestyle (Advantages: Great Endurance)
. . Immunity: Immunity 1 (Custom: Friction 1)
. . Immunity: Immunity 2 (Environmental Condition: Cold, Environmental Condition: Pressure; Limited - Half Effect)
. . Movement: Movement 4 (Environmental Adaptation: Super-Sonic, Wall-crawling 2, Water Walking 1)
Super-Speed
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 39 (Traits: Dodge +10 (+15), Parry +10 (+15), Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack 5, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 5, Move-by Action, Takedown 2)
. . Mach V: Speed 11 (Speed: 4000 miles/hour, 8 miles/round)
. . Quickness: Quickness 11 (Perform routine tasks in -11 time ranks)
Super-Speed Stunts
. . Catch Projectiles: Deflect 15
. . Punch Everybody: Strength-based Burst Area Damage 4 (DC 21; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere [2 extra ranks], Selective [2 extra ranks])
. . Rapid-Punch: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 21; Accurate 2: +4, Multiattack)
. . Suffocating Vortex: Cylinder Area Affliction 8 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Cylinder Area: 30 feet cylinder)
. . Tearing Vortex: Cylinder Area Damage 8 (DC 23; Cylinder Area: 30 feet cylinder)
. . Tossing Vortex: Cylinder Area Move Object 8 (6 tons; Cylinder Area: 30 feet cylinder; Reduced Range: close)

Offense
Initiative +25
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 12)
Punch Everybody: Strength-based Burst Area Damage 4 (DC 21)
Rapid-Punch: Strength-based Damage 4, +14 (DC 21)
Suffucating Vortex: Cylinder Area Affliction 8 (DC Fort 18)
Tearing Vortex: Cylinder Area Damage 8 (DC 23)
Throw, +5 (DC 17)
Tossing Vortex: Cylinder Area Move Object 8 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 15/5, Parry 15/5, Fortitude 8, Toughness 5/3, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 93 + Advantages 5 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 165

Complications
Life in the Fast Lane: Quicksilver lives so quickly that every second of dealing with people is like an eternity of waiting behind idiots in long lines to him.
Prejudice: Mutie Scum!
Relationship: Scarlet Witch's overly twin protective brother and Magneto's son.

Quicksilver costs the 165 for PL 11 starting character but only hits caps for PL 10, because Quicksilver sucks. He's an arrogant prick and a jerk to everybody but he only has one super (generic) power. He really only relates to people through Wanda, who has her own (more interesting) life going on. But, he can make a good villain. You look at earlier Ultimate X-men, Wolverine and the X-men, or especially X-men Evolution and Quicksilver's asshat superiority complex thing mixes up with a fearful subservient/adoring son Magneto relationship and creates kinda an engaging character. Despite tons of people wanting to punch Pietro in the face, hitting him is really hard. Like almost hitting the Flash hard. Pietro Maximoff is muuuuuuch slower than any Speed Force user, because his power comes from his scientifically realistic X-gene mutation and not vague space magic. Unlike the official Flash builds Quicksilver actually hits like his fist is going around five times the speed of sound into wherever he takes all the time in the world to land it. Hits PL 10 with his autofire punches and can also bust out a couple of different kinds of whirlwind and pluck bullets from the air. Eh. I guess he's alright.

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Goldar » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:01 am

Hi Gaz,

Liked Pietro's profile. Yeah, he can be pig-headed, but he has long been a favorite of mine from way back when he was young, humble and just overly-protective of Wanda. This pic is new to me so I likey.

Here are a few X-Men related requests. They are beautiful ladies who all just happen to have telepathic powers!

1) Jean Grey Omega Level Mutant (say, from the last year of her life before being killed by Xorneto/Fauxneto without using the Phoenix Force)
2) The Phoenix (first appearance when we thought it was Jean)
3) Jean as White Phoenix
4) Various Psylockes (original, Kwannon-version, post Crimson dawn, current)
5) Tangerine (both original "Tangerine-Head" version and current long-haired version)

Thanks!

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Goldar wrote:Hi Gaz,

Liked Pietro's profile. Yeah, he can be pig-headed, but he has long been a favorite of mine from way back when he was young, humble and just overly-protective of Wanda. This pic is new to me so I likey.

Here are a few X-Men related requests. They are beautiful ladies who all just happen to have telepathic powers!

1) Jean Grey Omega Level Mutant (say, from the last year of her life before being killed by Xorneto/Fauxneto without using the Phoenix Force)
2) The Phoenix (first appearance when we thought it was Jean)
3) Jean as White Phoenix
4) Various Psylockes (original, Kwannon-version, post Crimson dawn, current)
5) Tangerine (both original "Tangerine-Head" version and current long-haired version)

Thanks!
Hey, Goldar. Glad that Quicksilver hit the spot for you. It actually took me forever to image search a picture of comic Quicksilver in a lightning bolt costume with his signature hair running at super-speed that wasn't somebody else's pic already.

With your regard to your requests have no fear that when I get to the X-men there will be builds for Jean, Psylocke, and Phoenix. But there's probably going to be only one each. Like I said from the get go, these are all going to be my iconic builds. That means Jean and Betsy are both regular level X-men characters with Jean's untapped Omega potential being represented by the Extraordinary Effort advantage. I'm sorry to say that I don't even know who Tangerine is.

*Edit* After a trip to Comicvine. I am now aware of Tangerine. I'll totally make her build when I put up the other telepaths I'm gonna do.
Last edited by Gazman on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Scarlet Witch

Post by Gazman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Scarlet Witch - PL 11 Mutant Magician

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 3, Fighting 4, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 3

Advantages
Attractive, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 1, Extraordinary Effort, Languages 2, Luck 2, Ritualist, Teamwork, Trance

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+6), Athletics 2 (+3), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+7), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise: Magic 10 (+12), Insight 8 (+12), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Probability Control 6 (+9), Treatment 6 (+8), Vehicles 4 (+7)

Powers
Mystic Flight: Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
Mystic Senses: Senses 3 (Acute: Detect, Detect: Magic 2: ranged)
Probability Control
. . Broken: Weaken 13 (Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 23; Affects Objects, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Hexed: Cumulative Affliction 13 (1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Will, DC 23; Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Improbably Struck: Damage 13 (DC 28; Increased Range: ranged, Indirect 4: any point, any direction)
. . Missed: Deflect 13
. . Over There Now: Move Object 13 (200 tons, DC 28; Damaging)
. . Spontaneous Combustion: Damage 13 (DC 28; Increased Range: ranged, Secondary Effect)
. . Unfriendly Environment: Environment 13 (Impede Movement (2 ranks), Radius: 16 miles; Selective)
. . Unlucky You: Luck Control 13 (Extra Ranks 11, Force a Re-roll, Negate Luck)
Probability Control: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Luck 2)

Equipment
Undercover Shirt

Offense
Initiative +2
Broken: Weaken 13, +9 (DC Fort 23)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 11)
Hexed: Cumulative Affliction 13, +9 (DC Will 23)
Improbably Struck: Damage 13, +9 (DC 28)
Over There Now: Move Object 13, +9 (DC 28)
Spontaneous Combustion: Damage 13, +9 (DC 28)
Throw, +3 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 16)

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 8, Fortitude 7, Toughness 6/2, Will 13

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 59 + Advantages 10 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Defenses 26 = 165

Complications
Power Loss: If Wanda can't gesture with her hands, then she can't cast the hexes spheres that carry her probability control powers.
Reality Alteration: Wanda's powers sometimes do crazy things way beyond her ability to control or even comprehend. The Scarlet Witch then becomes a walking plot device who warps reality all over the place.
Relationship: Wanda has been in love with The Vision and his psychic template Wonder Man. She's also the doting sister of Quicksilver and the conflicted daughter of Magneto.

Here's the other Maximoff twin: Wanda the Scarlet Witch. Just like her brother she costs the PC proper 165 points but manages to hit her caps for PL 11 with her probability affecting hex spheres. Wanda's basic mutant power is her ability to throw around "finite pockets of reality-disrupting quasi-psionic force, which upon reaching its intended target, causes disturbance in the molecular-level probability field surrounding the target." Basically: shit happens. At range. The shit that can happen is includes things breaking, things falling on people, people just falling, errant shots, and things bursting into flames. It could also mean that Scarlet Witch hits those one in a million odds. While Wanda is a nexus of magical energies or something like that, her magic power is pretty limited to either plot device stuff or using ritualist advantage to perform natural magics she learned from Agatha Harkness. Except that she can fly now. Because flying is cool. And she's done it in comic continuity ever since House of M. She's a decent athlete, medic, and people person alongside being the instigator of some infamous story lines, but Wanda is both a classic villain for the X-men and hero with the Avengers.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Tangerine

Post by Gazman » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:45 pm

Tangerine - PL 9 British Psi-Spy

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 3

Advantages
Assessment, Benefit, Security Clearance: MI 13, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 1, Ranged Attack, Taunt

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 4 (+6), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise: Secret Agent 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+10), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Tele-empathic Abilities 4 (+7), Sleight of Hand 6 (+9), Stealth 6 (+9), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 4 (+7)

Powers
Tele-empathic Abilities
. . Emotion Projection: Cumulative Affliction 9 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, Resisted by: Will, DC 19; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception; Limited Degree)
. . Mental Blast: Damage 10 (DC 25; Affects Objects, Alternate Resistance: Fortitude [for free], Increased Range: ranged)
. . Psionic-electric blasts: Damage 10 (DC 25; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Pyschometry: Senses 4 (Postcognition)
. . Telepathy/Empathy
. . . . Mental Communication: Mental Area Communication 2 (Area)
. . . . Mind Reading: Mind Reading 9 (DC 19)

Equipment
Undercover Shirt

Offense
Initiative +3
Emotion Projection: Cumulative Affliction 9 (DC Will 19)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 12)
Mental Blast: Damage 10, +8 (DC Fort 25)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 9 (DC Will 19)
Psionic-electric blasts: Damage 10, +8 (DC 25)
Throw, +4 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 5, Toughness 6/2, Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 34 + Advantages 7 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 135

Complications
Nosy Psychic: Tangerine can get people real mad when she pokes around in their heads and in their dreams without asking.
Responsibility: Tangerine is an agent of MI 13 and she gots to do what they tells her.

Tangerine was a chick with an orange afro and telepathic and empathic powers who lived in the days of the future past. Then she was in a different but very similar alternate future with a different hairstyle and attitude. Then she joined mainstream Marvel. Then Goldar asked me to do a build of her. She's PL 9 'cause heroes who only show up in 8 issues don't get to be PL 10. She does rate as a very sensitive empath. To the point that just being somewhere can give her psychic impressions of things (psychometry). Her mental blast is different than the typical will affected one, because it apparently disrupts electrical systems like robots as well as the human brain. This means it targets fortitude instead of will(at no cost 'cause high toughness usually means high fort) and can affect objects. She can also excite electrical impulses to the point that they make a blast. The end.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Jean Grey

Post by Gazman » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:08 pm

Jean Grey - PL 11 Telekinetic Telepath

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 3, Awareness 7, Presence 3

Advantages
Assessment, Attractive, Extraordinary Effort, Leadership, Teamwork, Trance

Skills
Expertise: Schoolin' 8 (+11), Insight 9 (+16), Perception 4 (+11), Persuasion 8 (+11), Ranged Combat: Telekinetic Abilities 9 (+11), Treatment 4 (+7), Vehicles 4 (+6)

Powers
Pyschic Senses: Senses 8 (Awareness: Mental, Communication Link: Mental Link to Cyclops, Detect: Life 2: ranged, Detect: Mutants 2: ranged, Extended: Detect 1: x10, Radius: Detect)
Telekinetic Abilities
. . Telekinesis: Move Object 11 50 tons; Increased Range: perception, Precise)
. . Telekinetic Blast: Damage 11 DC 26; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Telekinetic Flight: Flight 5 Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round; Affects Others, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Telekinetic Shield: Protection 11 +11 Toughness; Affects Others, Impervious, Sustained)
Telepathic Abilities
. . Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 11 Affects: 3 Types, inc. Visual - Audio, Visual, Mental, Range: 8 miles; Dimensional: dimension - Astral Plane, Subtle: DC 20+rank; Limited: Body Is Helpless)
. . Mental Blast: Damage 9 DC 24; Alternate Resistance: Will, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Mental Stun: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 11 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Will, DC 21; Perception Area, Cumulative)
. . Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 9 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 19; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Telepathy
. . . . Mental Communication: Mental Area Communication 3 Area
. . . . Mind Reading: Mind Reading 11 DC 21

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 11)
Mental Blast: Damage 9 (DC Will 24)
Mental Stun: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 11 (DC Will 21)
Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 9 (DC Will 19)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 11 (DC Will 21)
Telekinesis: Move Object 11 (DC 21)
Telekinetic Blast: Damage 11, +11 (DC 26)
Throw, +2 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 16)

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 7, Fortitude 6, Toughness 2, Will 16

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 95 + Advantages 6 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 195

Complications
Phoenix Force: Jean is very attractive host for the Phoenix and it will sometimes show up and possess her or imitate her and live her life. Cosmic entities have little sense of personal boundaries.
Relationship: Jean is love with Cyclops, yet part of her longs for Wolverine. Professor X is like her father. Storm is like her sister.
Responsibility: The X-men fight to protect a world that hates and fears them.

Jean Grey started off as the X-men's only girl, there to look good and have the boys fight over her. Since then she has grown to become one of the most powerful psychics in the Marvel Universe. Also she's died and come back like two or three hundred times. She's really over cost because in addition to being a PL 11 telekinetic warrior with a big ole dynamic array she also has a separate PL 11 telepathic dynamic array. She also has untapped potential and the extraordinary effort advantage. She's pretty enough to model professionally, can teach young mutants like whoa, knows what's up with her teammates and can make them feel better. Jean was an integral part of the X-men for years and then she was replaced with the far more interesting Emma Frost and gave Cyclops and Wolverine something to angst over with her second death.

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Re: GAZbuild Psychics

Post by Goldar » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:41 am

WOW!

Very great profiles of Tangerine and Jean Grey! 8) :)

Thanks for taking my suggestions and doing such a great job! Tangerine is unique in look and abilities, and with her jump to Earth-616, we may see more of her. Most people don't know who she is, but having another telepath is good when one tires of those familiar names. Jean is classic and I think you did a nice job representing her as all human (mutant, no PF) with her untapped potential.

Can't wait to see what else you have coming...

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Psylocke

Post by Gazman » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:00 am

Psylocke - PL 10 Psychic Ninja

Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 5, Dexterity 3, Fighting 10, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Attractive, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 1, Evasion, Improved Critical: Psychic Knife: Damage 10, Improved Initiative, Languages 1, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 6 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+11), Deception 4 (+6), Insight 7 (+11), Perception 7 (+11), Stealth 6 (+11), Vehicles 6 (+8)

Powers
Psychic Ninja: Enhanced Trait 10 (Traits: Dodge +2 (+14), Parry +2 (+14), Advantages: Close Attack 2, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 2, Uncanny Dodge; Limited: to Those Mind Read)
Psychic Senses: Senses 5 (Communication Link: Mental Link to Captain Britain, Detect: Life 2: ranged, Extended: Mental 1: x10, Radius: Detect)
Telepathic Powers
. . Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 8 (Affects: 3 Types, inc. Visual - Audio Visual Mental, Range: 1 mile; Dimensional: dimension - Astral Plane, Subtle: DC 20+rank; Limited: Body is Helpless)
. . Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 7 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 17; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Psychic Knife: Damage 10 (DC 25; Alternate Resistance: Will; Inaccurate: -2)
. . Psychic Scanning: Burst Area Mind Reading 7 (DC 17; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Free Action; Limited to Surface Thoughts)
. . Telepathic Illusion: Illusion 5 (Affects: All Sense Types, Area: 30 cft., DC 15; Selective; Resistible: Will)
. . Telepathy
. . . . Communication: Mental Communication 2
. . . . Mind Reading: Mind Reading 10 (DC 20)
. . Unnoticed: Concealment 10 (All Senses; Resistible: Will)

Equipment
Sword

Offense
Initiative +9
Grab, +12 (DC Spec 13)
Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 7 (DC Will 17)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 10 (DC Will 20)
Psychic Knife: Damage 10, +10 (DC Will 25)
Psychic Scanning: Burst Area Mind Reading 7 (DC Will 17)
Sword, +12 (DC 21)
Throw, +5 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +13 (DC 18)

Defense
Dodge 14/12, Parry 14/12, Fortitude 7, Toughness 6/3, Will 13

Power Points
Abilities 64 + Powers 44 + Advantages 13 + Skills 22 (43 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 165

Complications
Enemy: Sabretooth mutilated and nearly killed her. Shadow King was not a big fan of Betsy trapping him. Mojo used to control her and record her remotely.
Prejudice: Mutie scum!
Relationship: Betsy Braddock loves her brothers Brian (Captain Britain) and Jamie (nutso whack job who can control reality). She's also always hooking up with somebody like Tom Lennox, Cyclops, Angel, Thunderbird, or even AoA Sabertooth.
What is it this time?: Betsy has had multiple powers, bodies, and deaths over the years and can freak out about who she is and what her life is like.

Putting aside for a second all the telekinesis, Crimson Dawn, body-swapping, and resurrection stuff; Betsy Braddock is a PL 10 mind reader in an incredibly fit and trained body. She's only PL 7 unarmed and 9 on defense, but reading her opponents minds will give her some insight into their fighting moves and intentions and bump both of those rating up a PL. Her unique psychic dagger effect is the "the focused totality of her telepathic might" and is hard to really connect with, but when Psylocke does land a hit wit the thing it hits caps, can be power attacked, and has an extended crit range. While Chris Claremont likes Betsy to be a frosted cold &!%@# who spends entire issues getting told how pretty and smart and insightful and skilled she is; I like her as snarky but willing to smile. She flies planes, kicks ass, and looks good. That's Psylocke.
Last edited by Gazman on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Professor X

Post by Gazman » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Professor X - PL 14 Master of the Mind

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility -2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 6, Awareness 10, Presence 6

Advantages
Assessment, Benefit, Wealth 4 (multimillionare), Equipment 12, Fascinate (Persuasion), Inspire, Languages 3, Leadership, Trance, Ultimate Effort: Telepathy

Skills
Athletics 4 (+5), Deception 4 (+10), Expertise: Genetics & Biophysics 12 (+18), Expertise: Military 2 (+8), Expertise: Schoolin' 10 (+16), Insight 14 (+24), Perception 2 (+12), Persuasion 10 (+16), Technology 8 (+14), Treatment 6 (+12), Vehicles 4 (+6)

Powers
Pyschic Senses: Senses 8 (Awareness: Mental, Communication Link: Mental Link to Lillandra, Detect: Life 2: ranged, Detect: Mutants 2: ranged, Extended: Detect 1: x10, Radius: Detect)
Telepathic Abilities
. . Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 18 Affects: 3 Types, inc. Visual - Mental, Visual, and Auditory, Range: 1000 miles; Dimensional: dimension - Astral Plane, Subtle: DC 20+rank; Limited: Physical Body Is Helpless)
. . Mental Blast: Damage 14 DC 29; Alternate Resistance: Will, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Mental Hold: Burst Area Affliction 11 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Will, DC 21; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Increased Range 2: perception, Selective)
. . Mental Illusion: Illusion 11 Affects: All Sense Types, Area: 2000 cft., DC 21; Selective; Resistible: Will)
. . Mind Alteration: Cumulative Affliction 14 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Will, DC 24; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 14 1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 24; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception, Subtle: subtle)
. . Psi Suppression: Nullify 14 Counters: Mental Powers, DC 24; Increased Duration: concentration, Increased Range: perception, Simultaneous)
. . Telepathy
. . . . Comprehend: Comprehend 3 Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood)
. . . . Mental Communication: Mental Area Communication 4 Area, Precise, Subtle: encrypted)
. . . . Mind Reading: Mind Reading 14 DC 24; Subtle: subtle)

Equipment
Blackbird, Wheel Chair, Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters

Offense
Initiative -2
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 11)
Mental Blast: Damage 14 (DC Will 29)
Mental Hold: Burst Area Affliction 11 (DC Will 21)
Mind Alteration: Cumulative Affliction 14 (DC Will 24)
Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 14 (DC Will 24)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 14 (DC Will 24)
Psi Suppression: Nullify 14 (DC Will 24)
Throw, +2 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 16)

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 7, Fortitude 4, Toughness 2, Will 20

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 80 + Advantages 25 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 225

--------------------

Blackbird Strength 14, Defense -6, Toughness 12, Size Gargantuan
Features:
Alarm 1, Navigation System 1
Powers
Cloaking Device: Concealment 2 (Other Sense Type: Radio)
Flight: Flight 12 (Speed: 8000 miles/hour, 16 miles/round)

Wheel Chair Strength 0, Defense 0, Toughness 5, Size Medium
PowersSpeed: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)

Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters - Toughness 10, Size Huge
Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Grounds, Gym, Hangar, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Secret 1, Security System 1, Workshop
PowersCerbro Scanning: Senses 3 (Extended: Detect 3: x1k; Affects Others Only)

Complications
Disability: Charles is paraplegic and can't go almost anywhere without his wheelchair or crawling.
Fame: Professor Charles Xavier is recognized worldwide as an scientific authority and psychic presence.
Illunminatus: Charles is part of a secret cabal dedicated towards saving the world from big scary problems and securing the Infinity Gems.
Relationship: Charles has been in love with Gabrielle Haller, Moira MacTagert, Amelia Voight, and Lillandra Nerimani. Gabrielle gave him his son, David (Legion). He is very close to first students Scott and Jean. Longtime best buds/worst enemies thing with Magneto.
Responsibility: Professor X formed the X-men to fight to protect a world that hates and fears them. He did this in service to his Dream that humans and mutants could live in peace and understanding.

What are psychics without the big daddy of them all. Charles Xavier is an Omega Level telepath and the planet Earth's foremost psychic presence. That means that he's PL 14 with four of the attacks in his hugely expensive dynamic array and he affects an area full of people with the others. His mind can talk to people anywhere on earth and he can find them from further out that any other telepath (and distinguish who's a mutant) and his cerebro scanner can boost his range even further. Professor X has an impressive mind aside from his telepathic powers, what with the three PhDs and the PL cap hitting ability to know what people are thinking. Ole Chuck can talk to anybody and have them pay attention in any language and they'll usually take his words to heart. He was nice enough to pay the ep for the X-men's base and stealth jet and he has loads more in the bank. Charles Xavier had a dream and he dedicated his life to it. Respect the bald.
Last edited by Gazman on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Emma Frost (White Queen)

Post by Gazman » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:26 pm

Emma Frost - PL 13 Semi-Repentant Villain

Strength 11, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 5, Awareness 8, Presence 6

Advantages
Assessment, Attractive 2, Benefit, Wealth 2 (indepently wealthy), Connected, Daze (Deception), Fascinate (Persuasion), Languages 1, Taunt, Trance

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+7), Deception 8 (+14), Expertise (AGL): Dance 6 (+8), Expertise: Business 6 (+11), Expertise: Psychology 8 (+13), Insight 6 (+14), Intimidation 6 (+12), Persuasion 8 (+14), Technology 6 (+11)

Powers
Mutant Powers
. . Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 13 Affects: 3 Types, inc. Visual - Audio/Visual, Mental, Range: 30 miles; Dimensional: dimension - Astral Plane, Subtle: DC 20+rank; Limited: Physical Body is Helpless)
. . Diamond Form (Activation: Free Action)
. . . . Diamond Hard: Immunity 10 (Life Support; Noticeable: Shiny!)
. . . . Diamond Strong: Enhanced Strength 10 (+10 STR)
. . . . Diamond Tough: Protection 12 (+12 Toughness; Impervious; Noticeable: Shiny!)
. . Mental Blast: Damage 13 DC 28; Alternate Resistance: Will, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Mental Illusion: Illusion 10 Affects: All Sense Types, Area: 1000 cft., DC 20; Selective; Resistible: Will)
. . Mind Alteration: Cumulative Affliction 13 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Will, DC 23; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 13 1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 23; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Psi Suppression: Nullify 13 DC 23; Increased Duration: concentration, Increased Range: perception, Simultaneous)
. . Psychic Surgery: Healing 10 Persistent, Restorative; Limited: Others Only)
. . Telepathy
. . . . Communication: Mental Area Communication 3 Area, Precise, Subtle: encrypted)
. . . . Comprehend: Comprehend 2 Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All)
. . . . Mind Reading: Mind Reading 13 DC 23)
Psychic Senses: Senses 4 (Awareness: Mental, Detect: Mental Life 2: ranged, Radius: Detect)

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 11)
Mental Blast: Damage 13 (DC Will 28)
Mind Alteration: Cumulative Affliction 13 (DC Will 23)
Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 13 (DC Will 23)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 13 (DC Will 23)
Psi Suppression: Nullify 13 (DC Will 23)
Throw, +2 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 16)

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 14, Will 16

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 72 + Advantages 11 + Skills 29 (57 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 195

Complications
Enemy: Sebastian Shaw disapproves of Emma betraying him and Hellfire.
Guilt: Emma feels guility for some of the terrible things she did with the Hellfire Club, for failing her first students when the Hellions died, and for surviving when all her new students died in Genosha.
Relationship: In love with Cyclops. Psuedo mother to the Stepford Cuckoos. Has been at times very close with Sebastian Shaw, Tony Stark, and Namor.
Reputation: Emma is a notoriously dirty, sneaky, manipulative, and bitchy elitist.

Emma Frost is an Omega Level Telepath just like Charles Xavier and probably ranks as number two in the psychic power rankings. She hits the same PL 13 195 points that her counterpoint Sebastian Shaw does and rates just 1 PL below Xavier with he own dynamic array. One slot in the array is non-dynamic because when Emma uses her secondary mutation to assume diamond form, she is locked out of her telepathic abilities. Emma is hotter than hot and spends time, effort, and money on staying that way it works out to Attractive 2 and stopping people with a few choice words or cutting remarks and then drawing out their interest. She's got killer wits, killer looks, money and power in both psychic battles and high society. Emma Frost is bad girl trying to make it good and she's ten times more interesting than Jean Grey.