SCKnight's Crusaderverse: I'm back!

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

SCKnight's Crusaderverse: I'm back!

Post by SCKnight » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:40 pm

I have returned...again! Yeah, real life can come out of nowhere and smack you upside the head with a kitchen sink once in awhile when you least expect it.

Anyhow, I plan on doing a new list of characters for all of my characters who will be appearing in my stories I'm writing, once I get a chance to get to it. Work, a new house, and money issues sort of eat up a lot of my time.

So expect to see some new stuff here from time to time.

Table of Contents:

Heroes:

Hero Legion

Information about the Hero Legion
Patriot Paragon
French Lantern
Arrow Master
Merlin the Wizard

Legendary Heroes (Deceased)

Lt. Colonel Solar

Team Vanguard

Crusader
Mechavixen
Seraph
Striker

All-Star Force

Green Flora
Pele
Sedna
Storm Weaver

Vindicator Sisters

Mystic Maiden
Aurora
Polarity
Jawbreaker
Sonic Crystal

Songbird Girls

Diva
Sparkle
Silver Star
Pyrotechnic

Squadron Omega

Hyper Dragoon
Cyber-Gal

His Majesty's Round Table Champions

Pendragon
Dana
Lady Elvena
Strongman

Other Heroes

Ghost Watcher
Sybille Cédolin Irénée Chesnier

Supporting Characters

Kara Kenton
Alexander Bradford
Elizabeth Bradford
Corin Perrault Chesnier

Villains:

Nefarious Nine

Barrage
Cryowinter
Black Ivy
Hornet
Dr. Technodynamo
Marauder
Shockwave
Havoc
Nitro

Ghost Watcher's Rogue Gallery

Jack O'Lantern
Dr. Fear

New World Revolutionary Army (NWRA)

The French Brute
Inferno Phoenix
Russian Bear

Usurper Enclave

Dr. War

Legendary Supervillains (Deceased)

Malice

Superpowers and Hyper-Humans

Superpowers
Hyper-Humans and Marvels

Technologies and Weapons

Minuteman Armor
Crusader's Armors
UADD-18
Specialized Military Drones

Companies

Knight-Tech International
Globonetics
Vega Unitronics
Last edited by SCKnight on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 78 times in total.

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Crusader

Post by SCKnight » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:56 pm

And for my first character, yep, you guessed:

Crusader (Copyrighted to SCKnight):
"The name's Crusader!"

Power Level: 10

Abilities: STR 10 (+0)/ (with armor: 30 (+11)) DEX 13 (+1) CON 11 (+0) INT 27 [+8] WIS 14 (+2) CHA 10 (+0)

Skills: Computers 14 (+22), Craft (Electronic) 12 (+20), Craft (Mechanical) 12 (+20), Disable Device 12 (+20), Gather Information 8 [+8], Knowledge (History) 10 [+18], Knowledge (Technology) 12 (+20), Knowledge (business) 4 [+12], Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 11 [+19], Notice 4 (+6), Profession [Engineer] 8 [+11], Profession (Inventor) 9 (+12), Search 3 (+11), Sense Motive 4 (+6)

Feats: Beginner’s Luck, Improvised Tools, Benefit 3 (Wealth [multimillionaire), Benefit (CEO of Knight-Tech International), Improved Initiative 1, Interpose, Inventor, Skill Mastery (Craft [electronic], Craft [mechanical], Computers, Knowledge [Technology]), Fearless, Equipment 7, Taunt, Second Chance 2 (Craft [Mechanical], Craft [Electronic])

Powers:
Brilliant Mind: Quickness 3 (Perform routine tasks at 10x speed; One Type (Mental Tasks))

Device (Crusader Battlesuit; Hard to Remove Device)

Weapons Array:
Wrist Energy Blasters: Blast 10 (Extra: Autofire 2, Penetrating 2, Power Feat: Accurate 2 and Split Attack 1)
AP: Energy Arm Cannon: Blast 6 [Power Feat: Accurate 2]
AP: Fully Charged Energy Arm Cannon: Blast 10 [{Flaws: Full Round, Distracting -2} Power Feat: Accurate 2, Extra: Penetrating 7]
AP: Energy Particle Palm Blasters: Blast 6 (PF: Precise and Split Attack 1)
AP: Energy Blade: Strike 7 (Extra: Penetrating 4; PF: Mighty)
AP: Deflect 6 [“anti-missile defenses”; only missiles] + Dazzle 5 (Visual; Burst)
AP: Mini Rocket Launcher 8 [Blast (explosive, precise, homing, accurate, split attack 3)]

Energy Shield Generator:
Energy Shield 7 (Flaws: Ablative -1)

Enhanced Musculature:
Super-Strength 4
Servomotors: Enhanced Strength 20

Sensory & Communication Suite:
Communication 5 (Five miles, radio)
Features 2: Voice Change, Cell phone
Sensory Shield 3 (All Senses; the battlesuit’s helmet gives some protection to him from attacks and abilities that target his senses)
Super-Senses 13 (blindsight [radio, extended, radius (Radar)], darkvision, direction sense, distance sense, infravision, radio, time sense)

Flight Technology:
Flight 5 (250 mph)

Life Support Technology:
Immunity 9 (Life support)

EMP Shielded:
Immunity 1 (Nullify Electronics (Crusader Battlesuit only))

Targeting System & Enhanced Combat Systems:
Enhanced Feats: Enhanced Combat Bonus 2, Enhanced Defensive Bonus 3, Power Attack, Precise Shot, Accurate Attack, Attack Specialization (Blast) 2, Attack Specialization (Energy Blade) 1, Improved Aim 1, Attack Focus (Ranged) 2, Dodge Focus 2

Psychic Static Generator:
Mind Shield 3

Enhanced Protective Plating:
Protection 11 (Extra: Impervious 4)

Restricted 2: Only Samuel can wear the armor

Auto-Repair Systems:
Regeneration 4 (applies to Battlesuit; Recovery Bonus 4; Flaws: source [user contact] -1): Samuel built emergency auto-repair systems in his suit in the event that he needs repairs...fast! The armor’s repair systems only activate when Samuel is inside the suit as there is no need for the suit to repair itself when Samuel is working on it.

Combat: Attack +7 Damage +10 (Blast) +10 (Strike) Mini Rockets +6 (DC 21 precise explosive), Flares [Dazzle 5 + Deflect 6] Defense 16 (Flat-footed: 1) Initiative +5

Saves: Toughness +0/11 (In battlesuit; Impervious 4) Fortitude +4 Reflex +4 Willpower +6

Drawbacks: Normal Identity (Takes one minute to don the armor; -5)

Complications:
Secret (identity)
Responsibility (family, friends, those around him, professional)
Medical (ADHD)
Medical (Asthma): He has an inhaler
Medical (Psoriasis)
Calling (Responsibility): He feels that because he has the power, that he should do the right thing and be a hero
Ophidiophobia (Fear of Snakes)
Protective of Innocents: Is willing to put himself in harm’s way to protect innocent bystanders

Headquarters: Underground Lab and House (Size: Large; Toughness: 15; Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed, Workshop, Laboratory, Library, Fire Prevention System, Living Space, Power System, Isolated, Security System 2 [DC 30], Robotic Minions; Equipment points: 18)

Note about Headquarters: House contains library and living space, and is connected to the lab’s security, power, communications, and fire prevention systems. A minor workshop is located in the house, but is not included in the equipment cost as Crusader uses the house workshop to keep visitors from figuring out about the underground lab. The lab is located beneath the house and contains power system, laboratory, main workshop, computer, communications, security system, and fire prevention system. The lab is both concealed and isolated.

Description of Lab: When some heroes state that the lab doesn’t look so grand, Crusader often counters, “Hey, not everyone can afford a giant space-station or Antarctic headquarters!” This is ironic, considering that Samuel is wealthy as sin!

Description of Armor: The armor is a high-tech battlesuit constructed of armor plating, metallic mesh, and ballistic materials of Samuel’s own designs. The metal is a titanium-gold-iron alloy that makes the armor extremely durable while maintaining its weight ratio, in addition to preventing ice from forming on the armor when flying at high altitudes. Originally, the armor was designed to serve as a rescue and exploration power armor; Samuel later upgraded the armor after he saved two children from a burning building. He added offensive capabilities when he decided to use the armor to fight against terrorism and crime throughout the world.

The Crusader battlesuit is equipped with energy-based weapons, ranging from the wrist energy blasters to the energy blade to the arm cannon to energy particle palm blasters, as well as other weaponry such as built-in shoulder rocket launchers. The armor is also equipped with flares that aid in blinding enemies as well as acting as anti-missile chaffs. A sophisticated energy projector is used to generate a protective hexagonal pattern of miniature force fields in front of the wearer; however, the energy shield is ablative, meaning attacks cause the shield to gradually weaken. The reason for this is to conserve energy. Probably due to his reading of comic books, Samuel also installed a low-level neural shield generator that generates a sort of ‘psychic static’ that guards against mental intrusions. The armor is also shielded from electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attacks. The Crusader battlesuit enhances the wearer’s strength, due to hydraulics and servomotors. The helmet provides the communications as well as a sensory shield to protect the wearer from attacks aimed at the senses, in addition to a holographic Heads-Up Display (HUD) and targeting computer. Emergency auto-repair systems ensure that Crusader can keep on fighting, even in battles that would leave other heroes down for the count. The armor’s boot jets enable the wearer to fly through the air, while steering and retrothrust jets in the palms help to stabilize flight. In addition, emergency boosters on the shoulders enable Crusader to quickly avoid attacks by strafing right or left. The armor is calibrated to Samuel’s brainwave patterns, making the power armor useless to anyone else. Life support systems provide protection from dangerous and harmful environments. A built-in air recycler/filtration unit provides unlimited oxygen even in areas where there is little or no air.

To make the armor look more ‘heroic’, Samuel painted it in various shades of blue, gold, and white, excepting the visor, which is made of a brown diamond coated tech-lenses. The visor is non-transparent making it impossible for someone to see who is in the armor. Four antennae stick out from the sides of the helmet.

The armor is powered by a tokamak/stellarator-like miniature fusion generator that produces more energy than the world's largest nuclear reactor and is more than fifteen times greater than the power of a Nimitz class aircraft carrier.

:arrow: I should point out that all of my characters will be 2nd edition as I find third edition to be too similar to D&D 4e. Yuck!

:arrow: I went back and removed the Technopathic and Magnetic immunity as I felt that it made him too powerful.

:arrow: I know that a lot of people think characters who have high Intelligence scores should have the Master Plan feat, but I felt that would take away from Crusader. He is really a character who thinks on the fly, making things up as he goes along. He embraces innovation and quick-thinking.

:arrow: While watching Iron Man 2 today, I decided to add Quickness 3 for Crusader's quick thinking. Crusader was inspired by Iron Man, especially the versions from the movie, Armored Adventures animated series, and the anime.

:arrow: Went back and increased a couple of powers as I was worried that I might have made him weak or something.

:arrow: (6/24/2012) Went back and organized his powers to make it easier to read.

:arrow: After I saw Emerald Flame's Gladiator battlesuit build, I thought that I should go and put in the suit's immunity to EMP effects and attacks.

:arrow: Following JD's advice and looking at his work of my character in 3e rules, I went back and did some work on Crusader.
Last edited by SCKnight on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 14 times in total.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: SCKnight's New List of Characters

Post by catsi563 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:18 pm

welcome back :mrgreen:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by SCKnight » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:40 am

Prepare to see more characters in the coming days. I have decided to return to M&M as I'm attempting to get some of my friends involved in the game. Several of them are quite interested in trying M&M out.

I apologize for my lack of activity, but rest assured, you will see a lot of me from now on. :mrgreen:

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:09 pm

SCKnight wrote:Prepare to see more characters in the coming days. I have decided to return to M&M as I'm attempting to get some of my friends involved in the game. Several of them are quite interested in trying M&M out.

I apologize for my lack of activity, but rest assured, you will see a lot of me from now on. :mrgreen:
Eeeeeeeeeeexcellent... 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Barrage

Post by SCKnight » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Yep. And here is one of the heavy hitter baddies, Barrage!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Barrage

"Face the unstoppable might of Barrage!"

PL: 14

Abilities:

Strength: 13 (+1)/30 (with battlesuit)
Dexterity: 13 [+1]
Constitution: 13 (+1)/20 (with battlesuit)
Intelligence: 20 (+5)
Wisdom: 13 (+1)
Charisma: 12 (+1)

Skills: Computers 6 (+11), Concentration 10 (+11), Craft (electronic) 10 (+15), Craft (mechanical) 9 (+14), Disable Device 10 (+15), Knowledge (technology) 10 (+15), Intimidate 10 (+11), Notice 4 (+5), Pilot 5 (+6), Profession (engineer) 10 (+11), Search 8 [+13]

Feats: Improvised Tools, Instant Up, Inventor, Skill Mastery (Knowledge [Technology], Computers, and Craft [Electronic and Mechanical])

Powers:
Device: Barrage Battlesuit (Hard to lose)

Weapons Array:
Blast 10 (PF: Improved Critical 2; Extras: Autofire 1 and Penetrating 4): Power Breaker Cannon: Laser Descriptor
AP: Blast 8 (Extra: Autofire 3 and Penetrating 3): Shoulder Chain Gun
AP: Blast 10 (Extra: Penetrating 2): Penetration Blaster: Laser Descriptor
AP: Blast (Omni-missiles) 8 (PF: Homing 1 and Improved Critical 1; Extra: Autofire 1)
AP: AP: Multiple Rocket Launcher [barrage]: (Blast 7; PF: Progression 2 [increase area], Cluster; Extra: Area [shapeable, targeted]; Flaw: Unreliable [10 shots])
AP: Blast 10 (Extra: Penetrating 4; when used, Barrage gains the following powers while using this attack and loses those powers once the attack is finished: Density [4] (From Density: Strength +8; Impervious Protection +2; Immovable +1; Super Strength +1; Mass x2; Flaws: Immobile -1)): Ultra-Cannon
Strike 7 (PF: Mighty and Improved Critical 1): Hammer Smash (Right arm transforms into a hammer)
Blast 8 (Extras: Autofire 1 and Penetrating 2; and PF: Split Attack 1): Gatling Blaster Hands

Enhanced Protective Plating:
Immovable 10 (Unstoppable)
Protection 14 (Extra: impervious 5)

Enhanced Musculature:
Enhanced Strength 17
Enhanced Constitution 7
Superstrength 6 (feat: Groundstrike, shockwave, thunderclap) (15)
Growth 4 (Feat: innate, Flaw: permanent -1)

Flight Technology:
Flight 4 (100 mph)
AP: Speed 4 (100 mph)
AP: Leaping 3 (x10)

Restricted: 2

Combat Systems: Enhanced Feats 14 (Defensive Attack, Improved Aim 2, Power Attack, Precise Shot, Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Dodge Focus 2, Fast Overrun, Improved Initiative 1, Improved Overrun, Takedown Attack 2)

Enhanced Feats 2 (Endurance, Diehard)
Immunity 25 (Life support, Falling damage, Critical hits, and Mental effects)

Stealth Technology:
Concealment 4 (radar; Flaws: Passive -1)

Sensory & Communication Suite:
Communication (radio) 3
Super-senses 13 (Blind sight [radio, extended, radius], darkvision, direction sense, distance sense, infravision, radio, time sense)
Features 2: Voice Changer and Cell Phone

Combat: Attack +12 Defense 12 (Flat-footed: 10) Initiative +5
Saves: Toughness +1/16 (In battlesuit and impervious 5) Fortitude +2/8 Reflex +2 Willpower +2

Drawbacks: Normal Identity (-4)

Background:

Sean Craig was once a simple military engineer who dreamed of creating a great weapon, not out of any patriotic zeal, but mainly out of pride and greed. Thus, he created a high-tech, heavily armed suit of armor for the US Army. The armor was exactly what the military wanted, except for one thing: cost. The armor would be too expensive to manufacture. Angry, Sean went ahead and designed the armor anyhow. However, the military cut his funding, which drove him over the edge. Having finished his invention just before the military cut his funding, Sean swore revenge.

Becoming the armored and armed supervillain, Barrage, he proved to be an unstoppable force. Even Crusader had a difficult time defeating him. Eventually, Crusader defeated Barrage, but barely. Now, Barrage has it out for Crusader!

:arrow: Barrage is to Crusader as Bane is to Batman. Yep, Barrage is the armored battlesuit version of Bane, except without the Venom serum. Barrage can really pound the hero into submission. Even powerhouses and paragons would have a tough time with him, which actually does happen when two powerhouse heroes try to stop him. Full body casts anyone? The suit's immunity to critical hits means that heroes will have to chip away at his defenses. Not to mention his combat systems give him several powerful feats too.

:arrow: Barrage's main attacks are mostly ranged, but he does have a few close-combat moves too thanks to his Hammer Smash power and Super-strength power feats. His Ultra Cannon is a dozy as it can blow enemies to kingdom come and back. The only problem is that he has to stay anchored to the ground when he fires or the Ultra Cannon's recoil will knock him on his back. Couldn't figure out how to stat that, but I just made him Immovable with the Permanent flaw to portray that. Not sure if I did it correctly through.

:arrow: I went back and looked at the Density power, and figured out that works better than the Immovable power. By using the Density power with the Immobile flaw, Barrage gains additional powers, disadvantages, benefits from his Ultra-Cannon. Now, the moment he finishes using Ultra-Cannon, he loses his Density power and the Immobile flaw, returning to normal. I know it's kind of a stretch and I may be bending the rules to the point of completely breaking them. So, if anyone who reads this can come up with a better way without rule breaking, I would greatly appreciate it!

:arrow: Organized his powers.

:arrow: Yes! Finally found a picture that fits!
Last edited by SCKnight on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:43 am, edited 8 times in total.

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Cryowinter

Post by SCKnight » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Cryowinter

"Winter has come early!"

PL: 13

Abilities:

Strength: 21 (+5/+1)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 15 (+2)
Intelligence: 20 (+5)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 10 (+0)

Skills: Bluff 3 (+4), Climb 2 (+7), Computers 6 (+11), Craft (Chemical) 6 (+11), Craft (Mechanical) 6 (+11), Craft (Electronic) 6 (+11), Disable Device 6 (+11), Drive 2 (+5), Gather Info 4 (+4), Intimidate 3 (+3), Knowledge (Earth Sciences) 8 (+13), Physical Sciences 8 (+13), Technology 8 (+13), Notice 5 (+7), Pilot 3 (+6), Search 4 (+6), Survival 4 [+6]

Feats: Assessment, Attack Focus (Ranged) (2), Attack Specialization (Ice Cannon), Contacts, Diehard, Favored Environment (1), Improved Sunder, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Power Attack, Ranged Pin, Taunt, Accurate Attack, Improved Initiative, Defensive Attack, Improved Aim 2, Precise Shot, Skill Mastery (Computers, Craft [chemical], Craft [electronic], Disable Device)

Powers: Cryosuit (hard to lose):
Ice Cannon: Ice Blast 12
AP: Flight 4 (100 mph, platform [ice slides]; 1 pp)
Alternate Powers: Create Objects 9 [Extras: Duration (Continuous)]
AP: Ice Shards (Blast 9 [Extras: Penetrating 3])
AP: Ice Blast (Blast 7 [Extras: Alternate Save Fortitude +1])
AP: Frost Blast (Blast 10 [Extras: Cone AOE +1; Flaws: Touch ranged -1])
AP: Cold Control 4 [50-ft. radius; Extras: Linked Environmental Control 4 (50-ft. radius; Distraction [DC 10]), Linked Environmental Control 4 (50-ft. radius; Hamper Movement [one-quarter])]
AP: 10 Trip Burst Area
AP: Friction Control 8 [smooth ice, trip, 40-ft. radius; Extras: Duration (Sustained), Independent; Flaws: Range (Ranged)]
AP: Snare 12 (PF: Precise, Split Attack 1)
Enhanced Strength 8
Super-Strength [4]
Immunity 9 (Cold damage, Heat, Pressure, Suffocation)
Protection 10 (Extras: Impervious)
Super-Movement 5 (sure-footed 4 [Flaws: Limited (icy surfaces and snow only)], wall-crawling [ice bonds on hands])
Super-Senses 11 (Blindsight [radio; Extended], Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision, Radio, Time Sense, Tracking [Infravision])
Speed 3 (skating, 50 MPH)

Device: Ice Grenades (Easy to Lose)
Create Object (Ice Constructs) [10] (Extras: Area: Blast, Flaws: Permanent, Uncontrolled; Linked Snare 10 [Flaws: Permanent, Uncontrolled)
Combat: Attack +8, Grapple +8, Damage +0 (unarmed), +12 (blast), Defense +10, Knockback -10, Initiative +7
Saving Throws: Toughness +12 [Impervious] (+2 without suit), Fortitude +5, Reflex +8, Will +7
Drawbacks: Normal Identity (full round, 4 points)

Background:
Delbert Norman was a cryogenics scientist and a former employee of Maxicorp. While working for Maxicorp, there was an accident, which left 65% of his body scarred. He was blamed for endangering his fellow employees. While the police suspected a cover-up, Delbert already had a criminal record involving technology theft and illegal experimentation. Angry at Maxicorp for sabotaging his experiment and letting him take the fall, Delbert broke out of prison and retrieve his greatest invention: his cryosuit. Using his suit’s abilities, Delbert became the supervillain Cryowinter. He almost exacted his revenge, if he hadn’t been defeated by Crusader. Now, he holds a grudge against the superhero!

:arrow: Cryowinter is a character that I have revised. He's influenced by my old build and the Iron Man Armored Adventures' version of Blizzard.

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Lt. Colonel Solar

Post by SCKnight » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:53 pm

Lt. Colonel Solar
PL 14

“I will never let democracy and America fall!”

Abilities:
Strength: 30 (+10)
Dexterity: 18 (+4)
Constitution: 20 (+5)
Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Charisma: 16 (+3)

Toughness: 12*
Fortitude: 14
Reflex: 9
Will: 7

*Impervious

Skills: Diplomacy 4 (+7), Notice 8 (+10), Search 8 (+9), Acrobatics 6 (+10), Climb 6 (+16), Drive 6 (+10), Escape Artist 6 (+10), Intimidate 7 (+10), Knowledge (history) 6 (+7), Knowledge (tactics) 6 (+7), Pilot 5 (+9), Profession (Soldier) 8 (+10), Stealth 6 (+10), Survival 7 (+9), Swim 6 (+16)

Feats: Assessment, Benefit 3 (UN Security Clearance), Combat Driver (jeep), Combat Pilot (prop fighter), Connected, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Endurance, Favored Opponent (fascists) 3, Favored Opponent (communists) 2, Favored Opponent (terrorists) 4, Fearless, Improved Aim, Improved Block, Improved Critical (plasma control), Improved Disarm, Improved Sunder, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Interpose, Inspire, Leadership, Luck, Power Attack, Seize Initiative, Startle, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort

Powers: Flight 5 (250 MPH)
Immunity 20 (life support, heat effects, aging)
Impervious Toughness 12
Super-Strength 5 (Heavy Load: 45 tons)

Plasma Control 12 (PF: Array)
AP: Plasma Punch (Plasma Energy Field Strike 10 [PF: Mighty])
AP: Plasma Blast 11 (Extras: Penetrating 4, Autofire 1, PF: Split Attack 1 and Accurate 1)
AP: Plasma Burst 12 (Area Burst 5)
AP: Dazzle 10 (Visual)
AP: Melt 11 (Ranged Toughness Drain)
AP: Obscure 12 (Radio)
Plasma Field [Aura Strike 8]
Force Field 9

Combat: Attack +8, Grapple +25, Damage +12 (unarmed), +12 (Plasma control), +10 (Plasma punch), +12 (Plasma Burst), +11 (Plasma Blast), +8 (Plasma Aura strike), Defense +10, Knockback -12, Initiative +4

Complications:
Secret (Identity): This only applies to the public. Top-government officials and military officers know his identity.
Honor (Must always defend democracy against the forces of evil)
Responsibility

Origin:

Daniel Madison was born into a tough life. His father worked day and night in the factory trying to scrap together enough money to feed Daniel and his three younger siblings. Daniel looked up to his father because of his strength and perseverance. Daniel’s mother would always make her children’s clothing by hand.

Daniel looked up to his mother because of her ideals and kindness. When Daniel became seventeen, he quit school and joined his father as a factory worker, in order to help the family. Then, World War II erupted, and Daniel’s life changed dramatically.

Daniel, like his parents, was a loyal American patriot. When Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Japanese on December 7, 1941, Daniel was enraged like most Americans. He tried to enlist into the American military, first trying the Army, then the American Air Force, and finally the American Marines, but all three branches turned him down, saying that he wasn’t physically fit to fight.

However, as luck would have it, the military did reward Daniel’s patriotism. The American military had started a top-secret super-soldier project called Project Shining Star that would lead to the creation of an American super-soldier. Daniel leapt at the opportunity.

Using strange chemicals and fantastic devices, the scientists began the experiment…an experiment that had failed ninety-nine times! The one-hundredth experiment failed as well, but it didn’t kill him like it did the other volunteers. However, the experiment actually didn’t fail. In a few days, Daniel became stronger and tougher than before. He even discovered he could control plasma energy. He also found out that he could fly through the air! Daniel decided it was time to serve his country. Daniel joined the military as the hero Lt. Colonel Solar! As Colonel Solar, Daniel aided in the defeat of the Nazi super-soldier Malice. Daniel even helped create the first Hero Legion by uniting many heroes from the Allied countries.

Even though Malice escaped, Colonel Solar knew that America would be safe from evil, or so he thought.

The Cold War soon followed the Second Great War, leading to the break up of the Hero Legion. Still devoted to America, Colonel Solar began to use his powers to fight both external and internal evils that dared to plague the United States. Colonel Solar was hailed as a hero by the American people. However, Colonel Solar found himself in one of the greatest battles of his life.

Responding to a distress call from an American destroyer in the Korean waters in 1952, Colonel Solar discovered to his horror an enemy that threatened not only the United States, but the entire world! An interdimensional demonic conqueror had somehow found his way into our dimension. Refusing to allow such a monster to endanger his fellow Americans, Colonel Solar battled the creature and won.

Alas, the explosion created in the monster’s death throes blasted Colonel Solar across the globe into the freezing waters of the Arctic. Somehow, by a miracle, Colonel Solar survived being frozen. It wasn’t until 1988 that Colonel Solar was found and unfrozen. Now, having awakened into a world that has greatly changed from the one he once knew, Colonel Solar still continues his fight to protect America and the way of democracy from those who threaten them.

He eventually died, sacrificing his life once again while defending the Earth and all of her people. But that is another story for another time...

Appearance: Colonel Solar’s costume consisted of a red, white, and blue mask covered in stars and stripes. He also wore combat fatigues and the steel helmet that American soldiers wore during World War II. He continued to wear this outfit even to his death.

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Black Ivy

Post by SCKnight » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Black Ivy

"Don't worry. This will only hurt a lot!"

PL 13

Abilities:
Strength: 18 (+4)
Dexterity: 20 (+5)
Constitution: 15 (+2)
Intelligence: 18 (+4)
Wisdom: 16 (+3)
Charisma: 14 (+2)

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+11), Bluff 5 (+10), Climb 4 [+8], Computers 3 (+7), Disable Device 4 [+8], Gather Info 3 (+5), Intimidate 4 (+6), Knowledge (Streetwise) 5 (+9), Knowledge (Tactics) 4 [+8], Notice 4 (+7), Search 2 (+6), Stealth 3 [+8]

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, Defensive Attack, Elusive Target, Evasion 1, Whip Combat Style 8 (Attack Specialist (whip), Improved Block, Improved Critical, Improved Disarm, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Sunder, Improved Trip), Instant Up, Power Attack, Startle, All-out Attack, Ambidexterity, Attack Focus (Melee) (3), Chokehold, Connected, Critical Strike, Fearless, Improved Grab, Quick Draw (1), Taunt

Powers:
Cybernetic Body:
Enhanced Feats 2 (Diehard, Endurance), Immunity 7 (breathe normally underwater, cold, disease, heat, need for sleep, poison, radiation), Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious), Sensory Shield 5 (all senses), Super-Senses 3 (Infravision, Ultra-Hearing [Power Feats: Uncanny Dodge (auditory)], Ultravision)

Strike 5 (Cybernetic Hand-Claws): PF: Mighty, Extras: Penetrating

Cybernetic Whips
Strike 12 (Extras: Penetrating 3)
AP: Strike 8 (PF: Split Attack 1; Extras: Penetrating 2)
AP: Strike 2 (retractable monofilament whip; Power Feats: Extended Reach 3 [20 feet], Mighty, Subtle; Extras: Penetrating 10 [includes Strength bonus])
AP: Snare 6 (PF: Tether)
AP: Super-Movement 1 (Swinging)
AP: Force Field 10 (Extras: Impervious 5; Flaws -2: Distracting, Limited [Only protects one side])
Elongation 2 (Flaw: Whips only -1)

Combat: Attack 8 [Damage Unarmed +4 (Bruise), +10 Cybernetic Whip, +10 (monofilament whip),] Defense 16 (13 flat-footed) Initiative 9

Saves: Toughness 14 [Impervious] (10 flat-footed) Fortitude 5 Reflex 10 Will 5

Background:
Black Ivy was once a normal female thug, Robyn Mullen, who was dying of an incurable terminal disease. Desperate for help, Robyn sought the aid of an underground doctor named Mr. Wetwork. Mr. Wetwork agreed to save her, if she agreed to become a cybernetic assassin. Robyn agreed without any reluctance. Now, she works as the cyborg Black Ivy. Black Ivy later went onto a life of crime. She sought to take down a District Attorney who was making trouble for Mr. Wetwork and his employers, the Steel Head Gang, as well as a Yazuka gang. She was foiled by Crusader, and has now formed a grudge against him!

:arrow: Black Ivy was inspired by the Whiplash version shown on Iron Man: Armored Adventures. She was once a crook, but only committed crimes in the hopes of saving her life, but she was never able to earn enough money. She later had herself turned into a cyborg warrior. She looks like Whiplash from the show too. She isn't heartless, but she does have a sadistic attitude though at times.

:arrow: I needed some more female villains. I got another supervillain coming up today as well.
Last edited by SCKnight on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Hornet

Post by SCKnight » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Hornet

"If you can't handle me in the sky, then stay down!"

PL 13

Abilities:

Strength: 22 (+6)/Without Suit: 12 (+1)
Dexterity: 20 (+5)/without suit: 14 (+2)
Constitution: 12 (+1)
Intelligence: 18 (+4)
Charisma: 15 (+2)

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+12), Bluff 8 (+10), Computers 8 (+12), Craft (electronic) 8 (+12), Craft (mechanical) 8 (+12), Disable Device 8 (+12), Knowledge (physical sciences) 8 (+12), Knowledge (tactics) 4 [+8], Knowledge (technology) 8 (+12), Notice 4 (+6), Search 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+12)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Specialization 1 (Kinetic Control), Defensive Attack, Dodge Focus, Favored Environment (In the air) 1, Improved Critical (Kinetic Control), Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Precise Shot

Powers:
Device:

Hornet Battlesuit (Hard to lose):
Kinetic Control 12 (Extras: Autofire 2)
AP: Kinetic Blast 9
AP: Kinetic Control 6 (Extras: Aura, Duration 2 [Sustained]; Flaws: Range [Touch])
AP: Kinetic Control 9 [Extras: Area (Burst); Flaws: Range (Touch)]
AP: Deflect 12 (slow and fast projectiles)
AP: Force Field 9 (Flaw: Limited (physical) -1)
AP: Boost 12 (Movement; Flaw: Personal -1)
AP: Drain 12 (Movement)
AP: Slow (Ranged Paralyze 12; Flaw: Slow -1)
Enhanced Dexterity 6
Enhanced Strength 10
Stinger Missiles (Blast 9, Explosion, Homing)
AP: Machine Gun (Blast 6, Autofire)
Nullify Snare 8
AP: Power Resistance 7 (Limited [snare] -1)
Super-Strength 3
Flight 6 (500 mph): Kinetic Energy Wings
AP: Speed 4 (100 mph)
AP: Super-Movement 1 (Air Walking)
Immunity 9 (Life support)
Super-Senses 11 (Blindsight [radio; Extended], Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision, Radio, Time Sense, Tracking [Infravision])
Protection 9 (Impervious)

Saves:
Toughness: +0 (without suit)/9 (Impervious with suit)
Fortitude +5
Reflex +8
Will +7
Attack +8, Grapple +8, Damage +0 (unarmed), +12 (blast), Defense +9, Initiative +9

Background:

Carol Rowland was once a master mechanic at an aircraft parts factory who became dissatisfied with her boring, low paying job, in addition, to her anger over her employers’ mocking her ideas for a device that would grant a person the power of flight through harnessing kinetic energy. Using her considerable mechanical knowledge, Carol built an armor-plated, strength-augmenting suit, a micro-missile launcher, an energy blaster, and a pair of gravity-defying wings; thus, she became the Hornet. Hornet wanted revenge against her employers as well as to gain recognition for her talents that she was denied. She went on to defeat several superheroes. Her suit’s wings enable her to travel at fast speeds, giving Crusader a run for his money. After a fierce and close battle, Crusader defeated Hornet. In addition to her greed for wealth and a thirst for power, Hornet now wants to defeat Crusader…permanently!

:arrow: Hornet was inspired by several different characters: Marvel's Beetle, Godfallen's Bumblebee, and ladydragonfly's Lady Dragon Fly.

:arrow: Originally, Hornet was a guy, but as I needed more female villains (I have plenty of female heroes and supporting cast members), I made this character a woman.

:arrow: Hornet is a difficult enemy to battle. Her various kinetic energy powers allow her to knock enemies for a loop. Because she is better able to fight in the air, she will try to stay out of reach of opponents, but even on the ground, her battlesuit allows her to slow opponents down, to break away from snares, and even run fast. She can boost her movement or slow down pursuers. Her high initiative means she usually gets to go first in any battle.

Wilson
Bystander
Bystander

Re: SCKnight's Crusaderverse

Post by Wilson » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi Hornet! I like your saying - "If you can't handle me in the sky, then stay down!" - I am sure it is absolutely correct as I've once faced such situation where these word proved the action.

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: SCKnight's Crusaderverse

Post by SCKnight » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Don't worry people. I'm still here. I've been working on some more builds in between work, working on my house, and looking for a new job. I plan to post them once they get finished. Shouldn't be too long now. I might have up tonight.

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Great News!

Post by SCKnight » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Sorry about my absence. I've been busy with work and other things, such as writing a book. I had a great birthday.

I've been working on some builds, and I'm proud to announce that I will be posting a good many in the coming weeks.

Here are some of the characters you will see. Please note that they are not in any order, so this isn't a schedule or anything. In addition, I might change their names.

Mechafox

Zamor

Raghuclad

Lightwave

Wind Lilly

Powerhouse

Patriot Paragon

Various devices and equipment, ranging from battlesuits to mecha to weapons

Yep. Prepare to see a lot of new stuff!

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Dr. Technodynamo

Post by SCKnight » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Dr. Technodynamo

"I am the master of technology!"

PL: 15
Abilities:
Strength: 34/12 (+12) (The 12 is when he isn't in his armor)
Dexterity: 15 (+2)
Constitution: 14 (+2)
Intelligence: 23 (+6)
Wisdom: 20 (+5)
Charisma: 13 (+1)

Toughness: +13 (Impervious)/+2 (The +2 is for when he isn't wearing his armor)
Fortitude: +9
Reflex: +8
Will: +12

Skills: Computers 10 (+16), Craft (electronic) 10 (+16), Craft (mechanical) 10 (+16), Diplomacy 8 (+9), Disable Device 10 (+16), Drive 5 (+7), Gather Information 4 (+5), Intimidate 8 (+9), Investigate 4 (+10), Knowledge (physical sciences) 10 (+16), Knowledge (technology) 10 (+16), Notice 5 (+10), Pilot 5 (+7), Search 6 (+12), Sense Motive 8 (+13)

Feats: Assessment, Attack Specialization 2 (Electrical Control 14), Improvised Tools, Inventor, Master Plan, Minions (+2 Extra Minions), Precise Shot, Quick Change, Skill Mastery (Computers, Craft (electronic), Knowledge (Physical Sciences), Knowledge (technology))

Powers:
Arc Riding (Flight 5) (Speed: 250 mph, 2200 ft/rnd; Limited (Source (armor)))
Computerized Brain (Quickness 7) (Perform routine tasks at 200x speed; One Type (Mental Tasks))
Electrical Awareness (Super-Senses 3) (acute: Detect Electricity, detect: Electricity 1, ranged: Detect Electricity)

Electrical Control 14 (DC 29; Custom (Source (armor)))
AP: Absorption 9 (Alternate; absorbs: energy, effect: healing; Power Magnet (900 ft.); Limited, Energy Type (Electricity))
AP: Animate Object 13 (Alternate; Limited (Electrical devices))
AP: Ball Lightning (Blast 13) (Alternate; DC 28)
AP: Chain Lightning (Damage 9) (Alternate; DC 24; Line Area (5x225 ft. line - General), Selective Attack)
AP: Deflect 13 (Alternate; deflects: fast + slow; Ranged (Range: 1300 ft.); Limited (Electrically guided weapons))
AP: Electrical Burst (Damage 11) (Alternate; DC 28; Burst Area (65 ft. radius - General))
AP: Electrical Control 12 (Alternate; DC 28; Burst Area (65 ft. radius - General); Range (touch))
Immunity 10 (mental effects)

Technodynamo Armor (Device 21) (Hard to lose; Custom (Alt Power: mentally controlled Armor (summon power)), Summonable)
Enhanced Strength 22 (+22 STR)
Flight 5 (Speed: 250 mph, 2200 ft/rnd)
Immunity 14 (damage type: Electrical, life support)
Protection 11 (+11 Toughness; Impervious [7 ranks only])
Pulse Blaster (Blast 6) (DC 23; Autofire (interval 2, max +5); Accurate 3 (+6), Split Attack (2 targets))
AP: Super-Strength 6 (+30 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 89.6 tons; +6 STR to some checks)

Technopathy (Datalink 7) (sense type: mental; Machine Control)

Attack Bonus: +15 (Ranged: +15, Melee: +15, Grapple: +27/+33)

Attacks: Ball Lightning (Blast 13), +15 (DC 28), Chain Lightning (Damage 9) (DC Staged/Touch), Drain 5, +15 (DC Fort/Staged 15), Electrical Burst (Damage 11) (DC Staged/Touch), Electrical Control 12 (DC 28), Electrical Control 14, +19 (DC 29), Pulse Blaster (Blast 6), +21 (DC 23), Unarmed Attack, +15 (DC 27)

Defense: +13 (Flat-footed: +7), Knockback: -10

Initiative: +2

Languages: English

Background History:

Dr. Nathan Walters was a brilliant engineer and researcher, spending his spare time working on a suit of power armor with lofty ambitions of selling the design for large quantities of money. However, the suit suffered from a design flaw that demanded large amounts of energy. Dr. Walters worked hard trying to develop an efficient battery supply to power the suit. While he was partially successful in creating an integral generator that would give the suit a life of a few minutes, his critics and financial backers began to question his work.

As he began to lose funding, a panicking Dr. Walters quickly hurried in finishing his invention. He invented a micro-electric dynamo generator that generated large amounts of electricity. However, a freak accident resulted in granting Dr. Walters the power over electricity as well as technopathic powers. After the accident, doctors misdiagnosed him with brain damage, but in reality, his brain had been changed via the creation of new neuro-pathways, allowing him to mentally control machines and electrical devices, not to mention his own armor. Using his suit as a conduit, he was able to control electrical currents. After redesigning the power armor to suit his needs and new abilities, he decided that in order to get back at the world for mocking and doubting his genius by taking it over, Dr. Walters embarked on his new life as a technological supervillain. He became Dr. Technodynamo!

:arrow: I want to thank JoshuaDunlow, who helped me in making this electrical villain possible. JoshuaDunlow, thank you so much for all of your help! He is a great friend, too!

:arrow: Dr. Technodynamo's power level jumped a 14 to a 17, but I lowered some of his powers to make him a 15, so he can still be powerful, but within range for a power level 10 hero to handle with a lot of difficulty, not to mention a ton of luck and praying.

:arrow: JoshuaDunlow's build had Technodynamo as having Cyberspace as an option for his datalink, but I took that out as I felt that it didn't make sense for him. However, that does give me an idea for another build that I'm working on. Thank you JD for the inspiration! Remember everyone, sometimes your friends are your greatest source of inspiration!

:arrow: He is a major bad guy, on par with Dr. Doom, Magneto, Lex Luthor, and the Joker.

:arrow: Still can't find a good picture for him! Well, at least this one fits the page.
Last edited by SCKnight on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Update!

Post by SCKnight » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm back again.

I'm almost done with Mechavixen. I just have to check a few rules first.