MORE MARVEL R2P PL10-verse: DEVIL DINOSAUR & MOON BOY

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: LEGEND'S R2P PL10-Verse: ELONGATED MAN, NEMESIS, OBSIDIAN

Post by JDRook » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:13 pm

E and F

Electro - All good. I would be tempted to put Control Technology and Manipulate Technology in one slot, since they are both thematically similary and way cheaper than most of the slots. ManipTech might want a few more ranks, since it could essentially be overcome by anyone with a good Athletics check (forcing controls, wrestling the driver's wheel, etc).

Falcon - I really like the Talon. Usually people use Move Object for lasso and grapple stuff, but Elongation seems to work really well. I'm surprised I haven't seen it more.
Falcon's Initiative should be +13, Redwing's +4
Redwing is 1p over.

Firestar - Disrupt Electronics as written only costs 28p. In fact your whole array is only 28 + 3 AEs, meaning Firestar has 8p leftover.

Free Spirit - Another superfluous Instant Up on a PC with SM: Acro and a huge Acro bonus. Also, Defense total is only 13 so she has 2p leftover.

Frenzy - haven't defined her Precise Attack. With Str like that, I'm thinking Close, Cover?
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Post by JDRook » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:51 pm

G's to the bottom of page 3

Gambit - Charged Playing Cards only costs 15p
Limited skill issue with Hypnotic Charm, could up to +12 for no additional cost.
Honestly not sure what costs you have for Mind Reading and Half Cost Touch Power Immunities. I think MR 2 and Half Touch 5, but MR seems pretty common in the Marvel U.
Ranged Combat only adds up to +14, but you have 3p left over.

Gargoyle - Technically Project Bio-M Field should also be Sustained.
Initiative is +2
Persistent on Regen is a Full Extra, not a flat extra. Even compensating for that, your Powers total is way off, so you're 13p over.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My Rules Musings in 3e

legend
Superhero
Superhero

Post by legend » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:28 am

JDRook wrote:Electro - All good. I would be tempted to put Control Technology and Manipulate Technology in one slot, since they are both thematically similary and way cheaper than most of the slots. ManipTech might want a few more ranks, since it could essentially be overcome by anyone with a good Athletics check (forcing controls, wrestling the driver's wheel, etc).
I agree. I combined them and added Animate Machines from the Tech Powers Power Profile.
JDRook wrote:Falcon - I really like the Talon. Usually people use Move Object for lasso and grapple stuff, but Elongation seems to work really well. I'm surprised I haven't seen it more.
I've done both.
JDRook wrote:Falcon's Initiative should be +13, Redwing's +4
Redwing is 1p over.
Fixed errors. Lowered Redwing's Dex by 1 and gave him Defensive Roll.
JDRook wrote:Firestar - Disrupt Electronics as written only costs 28p. In fact your whole array is only 28 + 3 AEs, meaning Firestar has 8p leftover.
Actually had 10 extra points (I added wrong). Increased Defenses to PL limits with extra points.
JDRook wrote:Free Spirit - Another superfluous Instant Up on a PC with SM: Acro and a huge Acro bonus. Also, Defense total is only 13 so she has 2p leftover.
Replace Instant Up with Precise Attack (Close Cover) and increased Acrobatics & Athletics by 1 skill point each
JDRook wrote:Frenzy - haven't defined her Precise Attack. With Str like that, I'm thinking Close, Cover?
Close Cover it is. Corrected.
JDRook wrote:Gambit - Charged Playing Cards only costs 15p
Limited skill issue with Hypnotic Charm, could up to +12 for no additional cost.
Enhanced Skills will come continue to come up as a problem. I haven't been using HL's "Enhanced Skill X (Skill +2X) • 1 point per rank" format. Made changes to Hypnotic Charm & decreased Persuasion by 1 (as not to exceed PL).
JDRook wrote:Honestly not sure what costs you have for Mind Reading and Half Cost Touch Power Immunities. I think MR 2 and Half Touch 5, but MR seems pretty common in the Marvel U.
That's the breakdown. Mind Reading is not that common, especially if you consider all the non-mutants.
JDRook wrote:Ranged Combat only adds up to +14, but you have 3p left over.
Increased Skills with extra points.
JDRook wrote:Gargoyle - Technically Project Bio-M Field should also be Sustained.
Initiative is +2
Made corrections.
JDRook wrote:Persistent on Regen is a Full Extra, not a flat extra.
It's all legal. Area is also a full extra but is used as the example in Partial Modifiers.
JDRook wrote:Even compensating for that, your Powers total is way off, so you're 13p over.
Decreased skill points by adding Accurate extra to specific powers in Array

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Post by JDRook » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:00 am

legend wrote:
JDRook wrote:Persistent on Regen is a Full Extra, not a flat extra.
It's all legal. Area is also a full extra but is used as the example in Partial Modifiers.
Oh, it's a Partial! So with Regen 10 Pers 1 he regens normal damage conditions every round but Incurable damage takes a full minute. Nice!

As a nitpick, he should probably heal all regular damage first before the clock starts on his Persistent healing, although that probably wouldn't be an issue very often. Between that, his Weaken Side-Effect and his Siphon, this guy would need a lot of bookkeeping in a fight anyway.

My Rules Musings in 3e

legend
Superhero
Superhero

BLUE DEVIL (Daniel Patrick Cassidy) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:10 pm

STR 11, STA 10, AGL 3, DEX 1, FGT 7, INT 1, AWE 2, PRE 2
Powers:
Devilish Immunities: Immunity 3 (Aging, Drowning, Heat) • 3 points
Devilish Resilience: Protection 3 • 3 points
Regeneration: Regeneration 5 • 5 points
Super Leap: Leaping 3 • 3 points
Super Senses: Senses 4 (Darkvision, Extended Vision, Extended Hearing) • 4 points
Trident of Lucifer: Array (5 points), Easily Removable (-1 point), Indestructible • 7 points
• Locate Demons: Senses 5 (Detect Demons, Accurate, Extended, Ranged ) • 5 points
• Trident Thrust: Strength-based Damage 2, Penetrating 3 • 1 point
• Banish Demon: Ranged Movement Attack 1 (Dimension Travel (Hell)), Increased DC 1, Limited to banishing demons • 1 point
Advantages: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fearless, Great Endurance, Inventor, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ritualist, Startle, Takedown
Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+9), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise: Acting 2 (+3), Expertise: Magic 7 (+8), Expertise: Special Effects 2 (+3), Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation 10 (+12), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+5), Stealth 4 (+7), Technology 7 (+8)
Offenses:
Initiative +7
Trident of Lucifer +7, Close, Damage 13
Unarmed +9, Close, Damage 11
Defenses: Dodge 7, Parry 7, Will 8, Fortitude 12, Toughness 13
Power Points: Abilities 74 + Powers 25 + Advantages 10 + Skills 29 + Defenses 12 = 150

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: LEGEND'S R2P PL10-Verse: BLUE DEVIL

Post by JDRook » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:23 pm

G's on p4

Ghost Rider - Invulnerability adds up to 58, probably the 2p/rank Immortality got you.
This one doesn't come up often, but having Immunity to Fortitude makes your Will cap at PL (and vice versa, but that's even more rare), so GR would have to drop to Will 10. Together that's 1p leftover.

Gi-Ant Man - Hop isn't really Leap effect if it goes 1 foot. Leap isn't tied to user size the way, say, Elongation is, so 1 rank is still 15 feet. Even without leaping and using Hank's +2 Athletics he can routine long jump for 12 feet and high jump about 29 inches (half without a run-up). Oh, and if you're assuming -1 ground speed for every 2 size decreases also affects Leaping, that would be Leap 2 -3 for size -2 for Leap defintion to get -3 distance rank or 3 feet. Man, that got complicated!

On the other side of complicated, there's a lot of space in the Growth AE slot, easily enough to throw in all of the "Limited to 60+ feet" effects, freeing up character pointsand still leaving 20p+ in the slot to add stuff.

If you drop Hop and put Fight Like a Giant, Stomp and Sweep in the Growth slot, you have 8p leftover

My Rules Musings in 3e

legend
Superhero
Superhero

Re: LEGEND'S R2P PL10-Verse: BLUE DEVIL

Post by legend » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:41 am

JDRook wrote:Ghost Rider - Invulnerability adds up to 58, probably the 2p/rank Immortality got you.
Lowered Will by 1 rank to 11 to compensate.
JDRook wrote:This one doesn't come up often, but having Immunity to Fortitude makes your Will cap at PL (and vice versa, but that's even more rare), so GR would have to drop to Will 10.
This is debated on a thread (sorry, I couldn't find it). There are several examples in Heroes & Villains which contradict what your saying: Blaze, Blackbriar Thorn (under Injustice Society), The Thinker (under Injustice Society), The Spectre, S.T.A.R. Kilotrax (under Teen Titans)
JDRook wrote:Gi-Ant Man - Hop isn't really Leap effect if it goes 1 foot. Leap isn't tied to user size the way, say, Elongation is, so 1 rank is still 15 feet. Even without leaping and using Hank's +2 Athletics he can routine long jump for 12 feet and high jump about 29 inches (half without a run-up). Oh, and if you're assuming -1 ground speed for every 2 size decreases also affects Leaping, that would be Leap 2 -3 for size -2 for Leap defintion to get -3 distance rank or 3 feet. Man, that got complicated!
Seems counter intuitive that Leaping is not tied to size. I guess one could argue Leaping could be a rocket pack or what have you. I dropped it.
JDRook wrote:On the other side of complicated, there's a lot of space in the Growth AE slot, easily enough to throw in all of the "Limited to 60+ feet" effects, freeing up character pointsand still leaving 20p+ in the slot to add stuff.

If you drop Hop and put Fight Like a Giant, Stomp and Sweep in the Growth slot, you have 8p leftover
Great idea! I used the extra points to up his Presence by 1, Intellect by 2, gave him 5 ranks of Investigation (Reduced Tech by 1 )

legend
Superhero
Superhero

METAMORPHO (Rex Mason) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:28 pm

STR 10, STA 12, AGL 5, DEX 1, FGT 7, INT 1, AWE 1, PRE 1
Powers:
Chemical Elemental: Immunity 13 (Aging, Critical Hits, Life Support); Senses 3 (Detect Chemical Composition (touch), Acute, Analytical) • 16 points
Transmutation: Array (35 points) • 38 points
• Solid Form: Strength-based Damage 3, Variable Descriptor 2 (Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing); Elongation 3; Enhanced Strength 7; Leaping 4; Morph 2, Quirk (cannot change colors) • 35 points
• Chemical Manipulation: Transform 8 (a substance into another substance derived from chemical reactions), Precise, Subtle • 1 point
• Gaseous Form: Cloud Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated); Cloud Area Visual Concealment Attack 4; Flight 1, Subtle; Insubstantial 2 • 1 point
• Liquid Form: Shapeable Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated); Shapeable Area Visual Concealment Attack 4, Limited to Underwater; Insubstantial 2; Swimming 4 • 1 point
Advantages: Diehard, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Uncanny Dodge
Skills: Athletics 2 (+12), Deception 6 (+7), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 6 (+7), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+7), Ranged Combat: Guns 2 (+3), Vehicles 2 (+3)
Offenses:
Initiative +9
Unarmed (Solid Form) +7, Close, Damage 13
Gaseous Form -, Cloud Area, Affliction 5
Liquid Form -, Shapeable Area, Affliction 5
Defenses: Dodge 8, Parry 8, Will 8, Fortitude 12, Toughness 12
Power Points: Abilities 62 + Powers 54 + Advantages 5 + Skills 18 + Defenses 11 = 150

legend
Superhero
Superhero

FIRE (Beatriz "Bea" Bonilla Da Costa) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:56 pm

STR 0, STA 4, AGL 1, DEX 0, FGT 1, INT 1, AWE 3, PRE 2
Powers:
Fire Form: Activation (Move Action) • 59 points
Fire Projection: Array (20 points) • 24 points
• Gout of Flame: Line Area Damage 10 • 20 points
• Burning Touch: Damage 12, Penetrating 5, Accurate 3 • 1 point
• Fire Blast: Ranged Damage 10 • 1 point
• Flaming Fan: Cone Area Damage 10 • 1 point
• Incendiary Blast: Ranged Damage 6 Linked to Ranged Affliction 6 (target is set on fire; Resisted by Fortitude; Toughness Impaired, Toughness Disabled), Limited Degree; Accurate 2 • 1 point
Flight: Flight 4 • 8 points
Pyroplasm Body: Damage 3, Reaction; Insubstantial 3 (Fire Form), Strength Affects Corporeal 1 • 28 points
Advantages: All-Out Attack, Attractive, Connected, Defensive Roll 4, Favored Environment (Air), Languages (Portuguese), Move-by Action
Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+8), Deception 7 (+9), Expertise: Espionage 1 (+2), Expertise: Fashion Design 1 (+2), Insight 6(+9), Investigation 4 (+5), Persuasion 7 (+9), Ranged Combat: Fire Projection 10 (+10), Stealth 3 (+5)
Offenses:
Initiative +1
Gout of Flame -, Line Area, Damage 10
Burning Touch +7, Damage 12 (Penetrating 5)
Fire Blast +10, Ranged, Damage 10
Flaming Fan -, Cone Area, Damage 10
Incendiary Blast 14, Ranged. Damage 6 Linked to Affliction 6
Unarmed +1, Close, Damage 0
Defenses: Dodge 12, Parry 11, Will 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 8/4
Power Points: Abilities 24 + Powers 59 + Advantages 10 + Skills 23 + Defenses 34 = 150

legend
Superhero
Superhero

ICE (Tora Olafsdotter) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:40 am

STR 1, STA 6, AGL 4, DEX 2, FGT 2, INT 2, AWE 3, PRE 3
Powers:
Cold Immunity: Immunity 10 (Cold Effects) • 10 points
Cryokinesis: Array (30 points) • 33 points
• Create Ice: Create 10, Continuous • 30 points
• Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 10 Linked to Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; Fatigued, Exhausted), Limited Degree • 1 point
• Ice Snare: Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobile), Cumulative, Extra Condition, Limited Degree • 1 point
• Icy Surface: Cone Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge; Hindered & Vulnerable), Extra Condition, Sustained, Limited Degree 2 • 1 point
Ice Slide: Flight 5, Platform • 5 points
Advantages: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Attractive, Defensive Roll 3, Extraordinary Effort, Languages 1 (Norwegian), Luck 3, Move-By Action, Teamwork
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Close Combat: Unarmed 7 (+9), Expertise: Magic 6 (+8), Perception 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Ice Production 8 (+10)
Offenses:
Initiative +4
Ice Blast +10, Ranged, Damage 10 Linked to Affliction 10
Ice Snare +10, Ranged, Affliction 10
Icy Surface -, Cone Area, Affliction 10
Unarmed +9, Close, Damage 1
Defenses: Dodge 11, Parry 11, Will 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 9/6
Power Points: Abilities 46 + Powers 48 + Advantages 13 + Skills 16 + Defenses 27 = 150

legend
Superhero
Superhero

DOCTOR MID-NITE (Dr. Charles McNider) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:41 am

STR 3, STA 5, AGL 3, DEX 2, FGT 4, INT 4, AWE 3, PRE 3
Powers:
Blindsight: Senses 4 (Darkvision, Counters Concealment (darkness effects)), Innate • 5 points
Blackout Bombs: Ranged Cloud Area 2 Visual Concealment 2, Removable (-2 points) • 8 points
Goggles: Feature 1 (compensate for blindness), Removable • 1 point
Night-Fighting: Enhanced Skill 8 (Deception +16), Limited (only in Concealment) • 4 points
Advantages: All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Favored Environment (Darkness), Improved Critical 2 (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Leadership, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close Concealment), Redirect, Set-up, Ultimate Effort (Treatment)
Skills: Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 13 (+17), Deception 1 (+4), Expertise: Writer 2 (+6), Insight 5 (+8), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 3 (+6), Ranged Combat: Throwing 6 (+8), Stealth 12 (+15), Treatment 10 (+14)
Offenses:
Initiative +7
Unarmed +17, Close, Damage 3 (Crit 18-20)
Defenses: Dodge 12, Parry 12, Will 9, Fortitude 10, Toughness 8/5
Power Points: Abilities 54 + Powers 18 + Advantages 15 + Skills 35 + Defenses 28 = 150

legend
Superhero
Superhero

JONAH HEX (PL 10)

Post by legend » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:51 am

STR 2, STA 4, AGL 4, DEX 7, FGT 7, INT 1, AWE 4, PRE 1
Powers:
Gunplay: Array (2 points) • 3 points
• Training: Enhanced Skill 2 (Ranged Combat: Guns +4) • 2 points
• Independent Aim: May fire two guns of Damage 4 or less at once (Feature 1) • 1 point
Equipment:
Bowie Knife: Strength-based Damage 1, Improved Critical • 2 points
Cavalry Saber: Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Critical • 4 points
Twin Colt .45 Revolvers: Ranged Damage 4 • 16 points
Winchester Rifle: Ranged Damage 5, Improved Critical • 11 points
Advantages: Close Attack 5, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Roll 3, Diehard, Equipment 7, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2 (Guns), Improved Initiative, Languages (Apache), Precise Attack 2 (Ranged Cover, Ranged Concealment), Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Startle, Tracking, Ultimate Effort 2 (Aim, Tracking), Uncanny Dodge
Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 6 (+8), Expertise (Dex): Riding 3 (+10), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 11 (+12), Perception 7 (+11), Ranged Combat: Guns 4 (+11/+15*), Ranged Combat: Throwing 2 (+9), Stealth 7 (+11), Treatment 4 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+9)
Offenses:
Initiative +11
Bowie Knife +12, Close, Damage 3 (Crit 19-20)
Cavalry Saber +12, Close, Damage 5 (Crit 19-20)
Colt .45 Revolver +15, Ranged, Damage 4 (Crit 18-20)
Twin Colt .45 Revolvers (Independent Aim) +11, Ranged, Damage 4 (Crit 18-20)
Winchester Rifle +15, Ranged, Damage 5 (Crit 17-20)
Unarmed +12, Close, Damage 2
Defenses: Dodge 13, Parry 13, Will 11, Fortitude 9, Toughness 7/4
Power Points: Abilities 60 + Powers 3 + Advantages 33 + Skills 27 + Defenses 27 = 150
*With Training effect

legend
Superhero
Superhero

REBORN (The Crow) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:04 am

STR 6, STA -, AGL 6, DEX 0, FGT 6, INT 0, AWE 3, PRE 1
Powers:
Eyes of the Crow: Visual Remote Sensing 10, Feedback, Source (Spirit Guide); Senses 3 (Empathic Communication Link with the Spirit Guide, Darkvision, Low-light Vision) • 8 points
Gunplay: Array (2 points) • 3 points
• Training: Enhanced Skill 2 (Ranged Combat: Guns +4) • 2 points
• Independent Aim: May fire two guns of Damage 4 or less at once (Feature 1) • 1 point
Prowess: Leaping 2, Acrobatics Check Required; Speed 1 • 2 points
Tactile Empathy: Array (5 points) • 7 points
• Empathy: Mind Reading 10, Cumulative, Effortless, Close, Limited to Emotions, Sense-Dependent (must touch • eyes) • 5 points
Psychometry: Senses 4 (Tactile Postcognition) • 1 point
• Share the Pain: Affliction 10 (Resisted by Will; Impaired, Disabled, Paralyzed), Sense-Dependent (must touch eyes) • 1 point
Undying: Immortality 1, Limited to while Spirit Guide is unharmed; Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects); Protection 10, Limited to while Spirit Guide is unharmed; Regeneration 10, Limited to while Spirit Guide is unharmed • 41 points
Equipment:
Twin Heavy Pistols: Ranged Damage 4 • 16 points
Advantages: Agile Feint, Diehard, Equipment 4, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Sidekick 15 (Spirit Guide), Skill Mastery (Acrobatics), Uncanny Dodge
Skills: Acrobatics 5 (+11), Athletics 3 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+14), Perception 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Guns 11 (+15)
Offenses:
Initiative +10
Heavy Pistol +15, Ranged, Damage 4
Unarmed +14, Close, Damage 6
Defenses: Dodge 10, Parry 10, Will 10, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 10
Power Points: Abilities 34 + Powers 61 + Advantages 25 + Skills 16 + Defenses 14 = 150

Spirit Guide (PL 9)
STR -3, STA 3, AGL 3, DEX -4, FGT 1, INT -1, AWE 3, PRE 1
Powers: Flight 4, Regeneration 5, Senses 4 (Empathic Communication Link with the Reborn, Darkvision, Extended Vision, Low-light Vision), Shrinking 8 (Permanent, Innate). Advantages: Diehard, Evasion, Improved Defense, Uncanny Dodge. Skills: Insight 2 (+5), Perception 6 (+9), Stealth 4 (+15). Offenses: Initiative +3, Unarmed +1 (Close, Damage -3). Defenses: Dodge 15, Parry 15, Will 9, Fortitude 9, Toughness 3. Totals: Abilities 6 + Powers 30 + Advantages 4 + Skills 6 + Defenses 29 = 75

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: LEGEND'S R2P PL10-Verse: REBORN (The Crow)

Post by JDRook » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:31 pm

H'All of the H'Aitches

Havok - no corrections.

Hawkeye - Ironically, Bow & Arrow costs are correct, but Skymobile is 13ep, not 12 (2 for Str 2, 10 for Flight 5, 1 for Commlink).

In the point-trimming department, besides my usual spiel about power stunts (which would be done with Hero Points for equipment), there is the slot-combining trick. Each slot is 16ep, so it's possible to rearrange Cable Arrow (2ep), Rocket Arrow (5), Standard Arrow (10) and Suction Cup Arrow (3) into 2 slots instead of 4, saving 2ep, which would usually have no effect, but would drop you back into 150p total without changing the Skymobile.

Incidentally, not 100% sure what's happening with the Rocket Arrow. How does it work?

Hulk - nicely done getting Hulk in 150p!

The invulnerability caught me offguard since it initially seems to be Cold & Heat Damage Immunity plus Life Support minus Environmental Cold & Heat Immunity. I thought this might be an error based on a misreading of the nuances of Immunity, since this particular combination would allow Hulk to ignore flamethrower blasts but still potentially die of exposure. Looking more carefully, though, this may have been intentional, since I was going to suggest the Great Endurance Advantage and then realized this combination essentially covers everything GE does only better. Also, between his his Fortitude, Diehard, and Ultimate Efforts, Hulk would never actually die of exposure, although he could be severely weakened by it, albeit after a relatively long time. This is actually a good character reason for him not simply building his own Fortress of Solitude in some inhospitable location like the North Pole.

As an alternative, if one did want full environmental immunity for their Hulk, they could always drop the Astral Awareness. I know it comes up in his later development (and could therefore be bought with earned points), but the Hulk I'm familiar with never had any weird mystic senses.

Human Torch - There is some argument that Shapeable Area is inherently Selective, which would allow for one more rank of effect, but not a huge issue.
I assume Benefit (Status) is his public identity as a member of the Fantastic Four.

Husk - I'll just refer to the Limited Enhanced Skill cost issue as LES from now on. LES for Computer Skills.

Hydro-Man - if I'm reading Hard Water right, the intent is to give him a damaging strength base attack that doesn't increase his lifting strength, so he would Damage at 8 and lift at 4. Rather than using Enhanced Strength and limiting it to Damage, it seems simpler to just use 4 ranks of Strength-based Damage. It's a little academic, since it's also an array slot and under points, this doesn't affect the point total.

I'm guessing you meant Insub 1 (Fluid), not 2 (Gaseous) for Water Body. His wiki says he can turn into ice or steam "through great mental exertion"; if that's not power stunting, I don't know what is. If so, that saves you 6p.

Hyperion - such a clean simple build, it feels almost quaint, which is why I'm surprised you got most of the totals wrong. Abilities is 74, Powers is 52 and Defenses is 11, leaving you with 2p leftover.

And if you want 3 more points, there's always the Kryptonian Space Flight option.
[begin rant]
I looked through all the published DCA builds looking at Space Travel in conjunction with Flight and discovered two consistent uses:

1) If the character is Kryptonian or in any way directly allied with (or opposed to) Kryptonians, Space Travel is an Alternate Effect of Flight, costing 1p.

2) If the character is a Green Lantern or in any way directly allied with (or opposed to) Green Lanterns, Space Travel is an Associated Effect bundled Flight, costing the full amount.

I suppose it could be argued that GL stories are mainly space-based while Kryptonian stories mainly occur in atmo (if you include the several decades of Superman stories in the equation). What it probably means is that different people were given the task of statting up each character, and they each became the template for their respective stories' casts.

Considering Hyperion is very obviously based on Superman, it seems reasonable to give him that AE and save another 3p, although it seems almost a shame to add even that much complexity to his build. [/rant]

My Rules Musings in 3e

legend
Superhero
Superhero

Re: LEGEND'S R2P PL10-Verse: REBORN (The Crow)

Post by legend » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:23 am

JDRook wrote: Hawkeye - Ironically, Bow & Arrow costs are correct, but Skymobile is 13ep, not 12 (2 for Str 2, 10 for Flight 5, 1 for Commlink).

In the point-trimming department, besides my usual spiel about power stunts (which would be done with Hero Points for equipment), there is the slot-combining trick. Each slot is 16ep, so it's possible to rearrange Cable Arrow (2ep), Rocket Arrow (5), Standard Arrow (10) and Suction Cup Arrow (3) into 2 slots instead of 4, saving 2ep, which would usually have no effect, but would drop you back into 150p total without changing the Skymobile.
I combined the Cable Arrow & Suction Cup Arrow under Cable Arrow. Seems to make sense to me.
JDRook wrote:Incidentally, not 100% sure what's happening with the Rocket Arrow. How does it work?
The Rocket Arrow knocks you off your feet.
JDRook wrote:I know it comes up in his later development (and could therefore be bought with earned points), but the Hulk I'm familiar with never had any weird mystic senses.
Hulk actually has two forms of ESP listed inthe MSHRPG and on Marvel Wikia. He has the ability to locate the area in New Mexico where he was created and the ability to see Astral Forms.
JDRook wrote:Husk - I'll just refer to the Limited Enhanced Skill cost issue as LES from now on. LES for Computer Skills.
Fixed LES
JDRook wrote:Hydro-Man - I'm guessing you meant Insub 1 (Fluid), not 2 (Gaseous) for Water Body. His wiki says he can turn into ice or steam "through great mental exertion"; if that's not power stunting, I don't know what is. If so, that saves you 6p.
No, its Insubstantial 2. I used the Water Form Power from the Water Powers Power Profiles. Think of him as combined drops instead of a fluid mass. It also gives him Immunity to physical damage.
JDRook wrote:Hyperion - such a clean simple build, it feels almost quaint, which is why I'm surprised you got most of the totals wrong. Abilities is 74, Powers is 52 and Defenses is 11, leaving you with 2p leftover.

And if you want 3 more points, there's always the Kryptonian Space Flight option.
I fixed points & used Kryptonian Space Flight option. Upped Impervious Toughness & Nuclear Vision with leftovers