World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: Ready to Play Builds

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:32 pm

The way I recall most of Superboy's fights is that he'd constantly be out classed in hand-to-hand and while he'd get knocked all over the place he'd never be put down (unless it was by plot-device) until the other members of the team would lay on some teamwork to help him land that solid final hit.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. ~shrug~
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Didn't watch a lot of Young Justice, but I remember the fight against Amazo. Pretty cool, and nobody else on the team could have stood up to the beating or even done that finishing move without losing their arm.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Tattooedman wrote:Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. ~shrug~
To be fair, it's entirely possible that I am remembering it wrong.
Either way he sure did get kicked around a lot, didn't he? ;~)

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:34 am

He did but that kind fo goes hand in hand with the red S on his chest. bad guys pummels super/guy around a bit before the Big Red S kicks the bad guys rear end.

One of YJ superboys biggest fights was against Amazo where he helped defeat the android pretty solidly
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:40 am

Tattooedman wrote: During a fight though she mostly acted as the back-up to the team's heavy hitters - keeping their opponents off balance so the others could take advantage while making sure to stay a safe distance away.
I feel like this description would call for some Teamwork in the build. Actually, with the way they all worked so well together, I think they all ought to have at least one rank of Teamwork.

Overall, I like these builds. I'm impressed with how well you're able to stick to the point budget for such a wide variety of characters.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:02 am

Shock wrote:
Tattooedman wrote: During a fight though she mostly acted as the back-up to the team's heavy hitters - keeping their opponents off balance so the others could take advantage while making sure to stay a safe distance away.
I feel like this description would call for some Teamwork in the build. Actually, with the way they all worked so well together, I think they all ought to have at least one rank of Teamwork.

Overall, I like these builds. I'm impressed with how well you're able to stick to the point budget for such a wide variety of characters.
That's a good point Shock, so I went back and moved things around so that Artemis and Aqualad now both have teamwork. That should be all the members of YJ except for Miss Martian and Superboy that I've built that have it, which seems pretty much the way they worked to me.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:05 am

Arkrite wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. ~shrug~
To be fair, it's entirely possible that I am remembering it wrong.
Either way he sure did get kicked around a lot, didn't he? ;~)
Fair enough.

And yeah, he sure did. I sometimes joke that he had permanent boot marks on his rear because of all the butt kickings he took.
catsi563 wrote:He did but that kind fo goes hand in hand with the red S on his chest. bad guys pummels super/guy around a bit before the Big Red S kicks the bad guys rear end.

One of YJ superboys biggest fights was against Amazo where he helped defeat the android pretty solidly
One of my favorite episodes personally (as Amazo is one of my favorite bad guys) and I thought that it showed just how much Superboy could take in a fight because he spent 98% of that long running fight getting his rear end handed to him.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

R2P Mockingbird

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:09 am

M&M 3E Ready To Play Build
Degree of Player Difficulty: (Novice/Experienced/Advanced)
Degree of GM Difficulty: (Novice/Experienced/Advanced)
Mockingbird:
PL: 10 [150 pp]
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 3
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+11), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Batons] 5 (+13), Close Combat [Bo Staff] 5 (+13), Deception 10 (+12), Expertise [Science] 2 (+5), Expertise [Spycraft] 12 (+15), Insight 8 (+10), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+8.), Ranged Combat [Thrown Batons] 5 (+13), Stealth 8 (+12), Technology 3 (+6), Vehicles [Air] 3 (+7), Vehicles [Land] 3 (+7)

Advantages: Agile Feint, Benefit [Ambidexterity], Benefit [Up the Walls - can use Acrobatics Skill for Athletics Skill Checks], Close Attack 4, Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion 2, Equipment 3, Follow-Up Strike, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Critical [Bo Staff/Batons] 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Improved Trick, Instant Up, Luck [Determination], Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Redirect, Set-Up, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8 // Batons/Bo Staff Attack +13
Ranged Attack +8 // Thrown Batons Attack +13

Defense: Dodge +13
Parry +13
Toughness +7*/+5**/+2 [*Costume & Defensive Roll/**Costume]
Fortitude +9
Will +9

Equipment: Costume [Protection 3; Subtle; Commlink]
Mask [Darkvision]
Combat Batons [Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; Improved Critical, Improved Smash, Ricochet, Split, Thrown]
-Bo Staff [Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; Feature (converts to batons), Improved Critical, Improved Smash, Pole Vault (Leaping 1), Reach]

Costs: Abilities 46+ Skills 33+ Advantages 39+ Defenses 32= 150 pts.

Complications:
Relationship ~Hawkeye: Mockingbird has had a long and eventful relationship with Hawkeye, despite being married and divorced and back together as a couple (still unmarried) there is little doubt that they deeply care for one another.

Secrets~There’s a lot of them!: Before taking on the identity of Mockingbird, she worked first as a researcher for SHIELD then became a field agent and it is very possible those former occupations could come back to haunt her in the present day.

:arrow: Mockingbird is another skill driven character really, built like a spy in spandex (which is the version I'm most familar with, so no super solider/infinity formula add ons for this build). She’s all about figuring things out and getting into places she thinks has more clues for her to locate and she‘s got an interesting mix of skills that one wouldn‘t expect.

:arrow: Plus it helps that she’s not a total slouch in a fight, Mockingbird can handle herself in melee better than ranged and that’s important to remember when playing her. She’s built as an acrobatic/feinting styled fighter, constantly on the move and tricking her opponents into making mistakes she can capitalize on to put them down.

:arrow: Another thing to take notice of is the subtle differences between her bo staff & battles staves, they mostly have the same kind of effects on them but the bo staff allows her a bit of range if she’d have to deal with someone who might have an aura effect in play and getting up close isn’t the best option to deal with them.

:arrow: Team her up with Hawkeye and they should make short work of most foes they face between his ranged ability & her up close-in skill plus with both of them having teamwork they can trade off helping one another during a fight to keep the bad guys off balance.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

R2P Hawkeye

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:12 am

M&M 3E Ready To Play Build
Degree of Player Difficulty: (Novice/Experienced/Advanced)
Degree of GM Difficulty: (Novice/Experienced/Advanced)
Hawkeye:
PL: 10 [150 pp]
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 6 (+9), Expertise [Science] 6 (+6), Expertise [Tactics] 10 (+10), Deception 12 (+14), Insight 10 (+13), Perception 10 (+13), Ranged Combat [Bow & Arrows] 5 (+15), Stealth 4 (+8.), Technology 8 (+8.), Vehicles [Air] 4 (+8.)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Daze [Deception], Equipment, Improved Aim, Improved Critical [Bow] 2, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Inspire 3, Leadership, Luck [Determination] 2, Power Attack, Precise Attack [ranged; cover], Quick Draw, Set-Up, Ranged Attack 6, Ricochet, Takedown 2, Taunt, Teamwork, Throwing Mastery 2, Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Aim], Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Deception]

Powers: Custom Bow & Arrows: (Easily Removable-10 pts) [12 pp]
Rapid Fire: Ranged Piercing Damage 5 (Extra: Multiattack) 15 pts
-Flare Arrow: Ranged Visual Affliction 5 [Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Knockout Gas Arrows: Ranged Affliction 5 [Fatigued, : Exhausted, Asleep; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Area [Burst])
-Net Arrow: Ranged Affliction 5 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge/Damage] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Regular Arrow: Ranged Piercing Damage 5 (Feat: Variable Descriptor [any technological])
-Smoke Arrow: Concealment 5 [visual] (Extras: Area, Attack)
-Stun Arrow: Ranged Affliction 5 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude]
-Use It Like A Club: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +10 // Bow & Arrow Attack +15

Defense: Dodge +13
Parry +13
Toughness +6*/+3 [*Costume]
Fortitude +8
Will +9

Equipment: Costume [Protection 3; Subtle; Commlink]

Costs: Abilities 46+ Skills 27+ Advantages 36+ Powers 12+ Defenses 29= 150 pts.

Complications:
Motivation ~Do Right: Hawkeye will always try to do his best to help others he meets, no matter what the odds he finds himself against.

Relationship ~Mockingbird: Hawkeye has had a long and eventful relationship with Mockingbird, despite being married and divorced and back together as a couple (still unmarried) there is little doubt that they deeply care for one another.

Reputation ~Rash: Hawkeye is known to be one of the more impulsive heroes today.

Reputation ~Former Criminal: Hawkey started out on the wrong side of the hero business and despite having been a hero for many years since, as well as being a long time member of the Avengers, that time in his life has a way of coming back to haunt him.

:arrow: While Hawkeye is pretty much one of the main influences of a Weapon Master character (along with Green Arrow) Hawkeye’s big thing is that he’s learned leadership secrets from some of the best in the business (namely Captain America) and Hawkeye’s got a history of leading some good teams (West Coast Avengers & the Thunderbolts) and his advantages show it. He’s got Inspire & Leadership to help him run a team plus having Set-Up & Teamwork let him be a helpful hand during a fight as sometimes his arrows aren’t going to do squat against a foe and he knows it.

:arrow: In a fight Hawkeye is basically a blaster, firing off arrows like few others can while staying at range. He can handle himself alright up close but he’s not really gonna put away the bad guys that way and he knows it. One thing to keep in mind is making use of Power Attack, Hawkeye can pretty much hit any target he’s aiming at but by using that advantage he can increase the Toughness DCs he can force on an opponent.

:arrow: Plus with the Variable Descriptor on his arrows, Hawkeye can change up his arsenal a bit & hit a foe with a specialized attack that they might be more vulnerable against; hitting the fire guy with a ice-themed arrow (or the reverse), targeting a formerly submerged foe now dripping water and coming at the team with an electrical arrow, or adding ranks of ricochet to pull off that really difficult one-in-a-million shot.

:arrow: And let's not forget his Deception skill; Hawkeye is somewhat well known for being able to run off at the mouth during a fight in a manner that mirrors Spider-Man and in the past he's used it to full effect.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:17 am

~whew~ and that's the end of the Ready To Play builds....all 22 PL 10 [150] and 19 PL 8 [120] of them.

No wonder my brain feels fried. :wink:

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: Ready to Play Builds Done

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Now that the R2P Builds have been finished I've thought it'd be interesting to go the otherway.....as in building some of the iconic characters in comics. Yep, I'm talking about the likes of Superman, Batman, Captain America, and Thor all built in between PL 10 to PL 12 (which should cover the Iconic idea pretty well IMO).

But my question to those who read over my thread is this - who do you consider the Iconic characters of DC and Marvel?

I've thrown together a short list just off the top of my head but here's who I have so far;
Icons List wrote:Marvel:
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Scarlet Witch
Vision

Spider-Man
Daredevil
Hulk

Cyclops
Wolverine
Storm
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Marvel Girl

DC:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman

Green Arrow
Black Canary

Vote Status:
Fantastic 4 (3 votes)
Hulk (5 votes)
Deadpool (1 vote)
Robin (2 vote)
Catwoman (2 vote)
Lex Luthor (3 vote)
Joker (3 vote)
Magneto (1 vote)
Dr. Doon (1 vote)
Doomsday (1 vote)
Dr. Octopus (1 vote)
Captain Marvel (1 vote)
Plastic Man (1 vote)
Hawkman (1 vote)
Atom (1 vote)
Namor the Sub-Mariner (1 vote)
Silver Surfer (1 vote)
Doctor Strange (1 vote)
Brainiac (1 vote)
Captain Cold (1 vote)
Sinistro (1 vote)
Dan Didio (1 vote)
Black Adam (1 vote)
General Zod (1 vote)
Egg Fu (1 vote)
Black Manta (1 vote)
Red Skull (1 vote)
Mole Man (1 vote)
Electro (1 vote)
Green Goblin (1 vote)
Rhino (1 vote)
Kingpin (1 vote)
Loki (1 vote)

Also this list applies to the villains as well (thanks Shock), so feel free to suggest someone like the Joker or Dr. Doom. As for determining who to add, what I'm thinking is that if a character gets a certain number of 'votes' (5 sounds good) then I'll add their name to the list. So let's hear what everyone has to say about this.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:45 am, edited 6 times in total.

-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:20 pm

I'm not really sure how to define Iconic.
But I'd put in a vote for the Fantastic Four for Marvel.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Well what I'm thinking in terms of 'Iconic' is who are the characters someone would think of when one of the Big 2 companies are mentioned.

Those characters that everyone knows about, even just a little bit if they don't read comics.

-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:40 pm

If you want only characters recognizable to non-readers, I think you've about covered them all and then some. I'm certain less than 10% of the people I work with would know who Martian Manhunter or the Scarlet Witch are. If they haven't been in a movie, they aren't going to be recognized. I'd add Robin and Catwoman for DC. And are you looking for only good guys or will villains be included too?

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Non-comic reader recognition isn't the only guideline in my mind, though it was one of the first, but I'm also talking about the characters comic readers would normally bring up when talking about the 'big names' of each company.

Like we all know that Cap, Thor & Iron Man are tightly connected to the Avengers, ok no problem there. Who else?

Same goes for the Justice League; Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman are nicknamed the Trinity (though who thought of that ought to be smacked for the dumbness of it IMO) and of course you've got to have a Flash & GL in the League as well but who else would you consider a major player in that group?

This also applies to solo heroes as well.

And as for Villains.....why not? I like the idea.

-- Chiun