World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: World of Freedom: FC Builds

Post by catsi563 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:03 pm

I see a friend for Coyote to play with :twisted:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:05 pm

Foxfire is a really cool character- I love the picture.

Do you have plans to put him (?) to use sometime soon?

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Spectrum wrote:Foxfire is a really cool character- I love the picture.

Do you have plans to put him (?) to use sometime soon?
I can't take the creative credit for Foxfire, he/she is one of the many Emerald City characters in the Threat Report book. All I did was use a different pic I'd come across in one of my many searches and alter some of his/her stats to suit my personal tastes.

As for when Foxfire will show up in game.... well it might be soon, maybe not. I know I want to use Foxfire but am still working out details in my head.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:41 pm

catsi563 wrote:I see a friend for Coyote to play with :twisted:
That'd be more a question for kenseido than me since Coyote isn't part of my setting.

-- Chiun

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Nah I know. Foxfire like Coyote is one of those interesting characters that can be used to drive a plot in ways as needed by a GM. Not necessarily a bad guy, not necessarily a good guy either.

A character the players have to decide how to deal with in ways that violence may not work on.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:45 pm

Like Foxbat? ;~)

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Nah Foxbat is precisely the person you want to punch in the nose as hard as possible after a full chapter of mayhem. :P

Coyote and Foxfire are all about there being at least some point to the insanity they put you through. :wink:

The Litterbox

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Post by kirinke » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:18 pm

Actually, our Foxbat is pretty good with kids. :)
Especially sick kids at the Albright Institute.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Unicorn II

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:09 pm

Unicorn II:
PL:
Strength 6
Stamina 6
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 6
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+9), Athletics 3 (+9), Deception 9 (+11), Expertise [Civics] 6 (+7), Expertise [Current Events] 6 (+7), Expertise [Criminal] 9 (+10), Insight 9 (+11), Intimidation 9 (+11), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 9 (+11), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Blaster Pistol] 4 (+8), Ranged Combat [Variable Frequency Projector] 4 (+8), Stealth 6 (+12), Vehicles [Air] 4 (+10), Vehicles [Land] 4 (+10), Vehicles [Sea] 4 (+10)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Contacts, Equipment, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Luck, Power Attack, Well-Informed

Powers: Powerhouse Treatment:
Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])
Immunity 2 [Disease, Poison] (Flaw: Limited [Half Effective])
Speed 2
-Leaping 2

Head-Mounted Energy Projector: (Removable –5 pts) [22 pp]
Variable Frequency Projector: Ranged Damage 12 (Feat: Variable Descriptor [any radiation])
-Energy Horn: Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feat: Improved Critical 2)
-Force Beam: Move Object 8 (Extra: Perception)

Offense: Initiative +10
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +4 // Blaster Pistol Attack +8 // Variable Frequency Projector Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +8*/+6 [*Armored Costume]
Fortitude +10
Will +9

Equipment: Armored Costume [Protection 2; Subtle]

Costs: Abilities 62+ Skills 35+ Advantages 10+ Powers 28+ Defenses 25= 160 pts.

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 124 lbs
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
Motivation ~Greed: The newest Unicorn wants to make money.

PTSD: Because of the brainwashing S.H.O.C.K. put her through combined with the head injury she suffered, the new Unicorn periodically suffers almost crippling headaches and occasional flashbacks of the horrible things she did for S.H.O.C.K.

Background: Born in Richmond, Virginia the daughter of two wealthy Virginians, Harrison and Amanda Ulmer. Katherine grew up being told stories of her grandmother, who had been a freedom fighter with the French Resistance during WWII. Inspired by the tales, Katherine joined the international security agency AEGIS. She eventually works her way up to becoming an undercover agent - infiltrating and investigating the human supremacist organization known as S.H.O.C.K. During the course of her mission Katherine’s cover is blown thanks to a mole in AEGIS that was working for S.H.O.C.K. and she was brainwashed by psychics employed by S.H.O.C.K. to make her loyal to the group.

Katherine then underwent a Power House treatment, which bestowed upon her near perfect physical abilities, and she became part of an assassination team that S.H.O.C.K. used to hunt down specific targets. This went on for a few years until Katherine sustained a head injury that undid the majority of the brainwashing done to her and she soon abandoned the group and spent several years working as a mercenary, until she came across an old cache of the original Unicorn (a former enemy of the original Raven). Ready to be her own boss, Katherine used the knowledge from her time in AEGIS to contact Fabricators Inc. to make a couple minor adjustments to the Head-Mounted Energy Projector and then she began her criminal career as the new Unicorn.

In the years since she’s been able to stay a couple of steps a head of the AEGIS agents assigned to bring her in thanks to her knowledge of how they operate while still living as she wants to and using her specialized gear to commit whatever crime strikes her fancy, whenever she wants.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Brains & Brawn

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Brains:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 6
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 4 (+7), Deception 9 (+11), Expertise [Criminal] 7 (+8), Insight 7 (+10), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+8), Stealth 7 (+10)

Advantages: Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Teamwork, Trance, Uncanny Dodge

Powers: High-Level Telepath: [Dynamic]
Mental Communication 3 (Extras: Area, Selective)
Mind Reading 11
-Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 11 [visual, audio, mental] (Flaw: Side-Effect [Physical Body is defenseless & immobile]) [Dynamic]
-Hallucination: Illusion 8 [all senses] (Extras: Selective); (Flaw: Resistible [by Will]) [Dynamic]
-Mental Blast: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will]); (Feats: Accurate 4, Improved Critical 2) [Dynamic]

Mental Awareness: Senses 1 [Awareness (Mental)]
Mental Detection: Senses 6 [Detect (Minds: Acute, Accurate, Extended, Ranged)]
Psychic Rapport: Senses 1 [Communication Link (mental) w/ Brawn]

Personal Force Field Generator: (Removable -1 pt) [4 pp]
Skin-Tight Field: Protection 5 (Extra: Sustained)

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +3 // Mental Blast Attack +11

Defense: Dodge +13
Parry +10
Toughness +8*/+3 [*Personal Force Field Generator]
Fortitude +7
Will +13

Costs: Abilities 48+ Skills 17+ Advantages 9+ Powers 55+ Defenses 28= 157 pts.

Height: 5’6”
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Unknown (shaved bald)
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
I’m With Him: Brain is in a relationship with Brawn.

Power Loss: Brain's mental powers require concentration to use, so if she has her senses disabled she can lose her powers.

--
Brawn:
PL:
Strength 14
Stamina 14
Agility 2
Dexterity 0
Fighting 8
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Skills: Athletics 3 (+17), Insight 7 (+9), Intimidation 12 (+13), Perception 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Thrown Objects] 8 (+8)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Cunning Fighter, Damaging Escape, Fast Grab, Improved Demoralize, Improved Feint, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Interpose, Power Attack, Startle

Powers: Immense Superhuman Invulnerability:
Enhanced Advantage 1 [Ultimate Effort (Ultimate Toughness Check)]
Immunity 7 [All Environmental Conditions, Disease, Poison]
Impervious Toughness 14
Immense Superhuman Size: Growth 2 [9 ft tall: Strength +2, Stamina +2, Intimidation +1, Mass +2; Dodge/Parry -1, Stealth -2] (Extra: Permanent); (Feat: Innate)
Immense Superhuman Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])

Immense Feats Of Superhuman Strength:
-Bullet Toss: Ranged Ballistic Damage 11 (Flaw: Quirk [Requires object to throw])
-Bracing: Immunity 10 [Being Moved] (Extra: Sustained)
-Cracking The Whip: Affliction 113 [Dazed & Vulnerable, Prone & Stunned; resisted by Dodge/Fortitude] (Extras: Area [Line], Extra Condition); (Flaws: Limited Degree, Limited [Targets on appropriate surface])
-Groundstrike: Damage 11 (Extra: Area [Line]); (Flaw: Limited [Targets must be on the ground])
-Shockwave: Affliction 10 [Dazed & Vulnerable, Stunned & Prone; resisted by Dodge/Fortitude] (Extras: Area [Burst], Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited [Targets must be on the ground])
-Sleeper Hold: Affliction 11 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Progressive); (Flaw: Grab-Based)
-Thunderclap: Affliction 11 [Dazed & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Stunned; resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Area [Burst], Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)

Offense: Initiative +2
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +0 // Thrown Objects Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +7
Parry +7
Toughness +14* [*Impervious]
Fortitude +16
Will +6

Costs: Abilities 72+ Skills 13+ Advantages 12+ Powers 44+ Defenses 14= 155 pts.

Height: 9’
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Unknown
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:

That’s My Gal: Brawn is in a relationship with Brains, and tends to be touch over protective of her.

The Easy Answer: Brawn’s idea of managing a problem is to hit it until it’s not a problem anymore. Sometimes this line of thought backfires.

Background: High School sweethearts Amy and Dave had a small secret they kept from their classmates - their emerging powers; Amy was a psychic while Dave was developing super strength and resistance to injury.

They worked together in secret, perfecting their control over their abilities and by the time they'd graduated high school the pair had decided to put those abilities for their personal gain. Over the years they've faced off against a number of heroes but have managed to stay out of prison but they've apparently managed to make enough of a profit to continue on their crooked path.

-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Brains and her costume made me think of this

Sorry :)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Of course no matter how good her body might be, the bald head with the giant "easy" button on her forehead kind of ruin her appearance...for me anyway.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:11 pm

So Shock- how are you taking being made into a heteronormative hate group? ;)

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:24 am

Shock wrote:Brains and her costume made me think of this

Sorry :)
I won't lie, I had a similar line of thought when I looked at the final post. :wink:
Horsenhero wrote:Of course no matter how good her body might be, the bald head with the giant "easy" button on her forehead kind of ruin her appearance...for me anyway.
Yeah, I can see where that might get in the way of Brains appeal. Look at it this way - how many other villains come with built-in bullseyes? :lol:
Spectrum wrote:So Shock- how are you taking being made into a heteronormative hate group? ;)
Don't be too irritated I used that group, I thought they were an good addition to the setting.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Team Cerberus

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:34 am

Team Cerberus:

A Special Operations unit run by AEGIS during the mid 1980s, whose members were made up of the finest and best military operatives gathered from various military special forces units; the unit's main purpose was to safeguard the United States' national security, both abroad and local, and included metahuman threats. The team took its orders from Miles Craven, a high ranking AEGIS agent who came from the CIA with several high level connections that he used to manipulate his way into the command position of Team Cerberus. Craven wanted his own army of metahumans so Project: Genesis was created, using the results of Project: Patriot (which had produced the WWII hero the Patriot) as the first part of Genesis (the team members were told that they were being given a newly developed anti-toxin that would protect them both from certain diseases as well as truth serum). Once the members began to show signs of positive reaction (enhanced strength, stamina and reflexes beyond the human norm) Craven moved forward with the second phase of Project: Gensis - an early version of the DNAscent Process that he'd somehow obtained. The team was given the first part of the treatment, the mainline drugs, explained as a booster of the anti-toxin that needed to be taken periodically.

The second part of the DNAscent Process, the dosage of a specific radiation frequency, was administered during a bogus mission set up by Craven. All the members of Team Cerberus were left in dire condition as a result; some of them dying from radiation poisoning while others died as a result of the mutations that were brought on by the early DNAscent Process while the surviving team members were left in comas. When they awoke months later, Craven told the unit that a chemical weapon dropped on them by the enemy had been the cause of the deaths and their health issues.

As a result of their undergoing the DNAscent Process the remaining members of Team Cerberus started to develop metahuman abilities; almost superhuman strength, speed, agility, stamina, reflexes as well as boosted brain capacity that accelerated their mental faculties and increased their senses. The biggest thing the members of Team Cerberus gained was a healing factor that allows them to recover from physical injury much faster than a normal person (it does have limitations however, as they could not regenerate lost limbs). Many of the members of Team Cerberus were unable to cope with their new abilities and went mad or committed suicide, and one member had to be shot during a subsequent mission. Wanting to fully test the team members and see how they could now perform, Craven sent them on a mission that had them traveling to Russia to eliminate a super-soldier program that the government had been developing that was similar to Project: Patriot. But Craven had misinformed the team - the Russians had actually developed psychic operatives.

Team Cerberus barely survived that mission, with only a few members making it to the extraction point. After returning back to the U.S. the remaining team members were debriefed and during that process somehow discovered how they'd been manipulated by Craven over the years. Deciding that they'd been blindly loyal for too long, Wilson, Cash, Dane, Cray, Wintergreen, Stone and Bronson performed a bloody and violent massacre of their support staff, including Craven, before going into hiding.

Several years later Slade Wilson reappeared in the public eye, working as the mercenary known as Deathstroke, the Terminator. As his reputation for being a highly skilled operator grew several of the other former members of Team Cerberus followed his example; Bronson (Ravager), Dane (Pike), and Stone (Battlestone) specifically. The other surviving members of Team Cerberus; Cray, Cash, and Wintergreen have yet to reappear in public so it is unknown how they've handled the abilities they gained.

Members Of Team Cerberus:
Kurt Bronson - Ravager
David Blaze (committed suicide)
Stepen Callahan (died during last mission)
Cole Cash - whereabouts unknown
Philip Chang (died during last mission)
Michael Cray - whereabouts unknown
Jackson Dane - Pike
Robert Diaz (killed during mission due to mental instability)
Alex Fairchild (died of radiation poisoning)
Dean Higgins (committed suicide)
Andrew Johnson (died of mutation)
John Kane (died of mutation)
Richard MacNamara (died of radiation poisoning)
Lucius Morgan (died during last mission)
Jack Rhodes (died of radiation poisoning)
Kevin Stone - Battlestone
Slade Wilson - Deathstroke, the Terminator
William Wintergreen - whereabouts unknown

-- Chiun