Batgirl III's 3E Thread (Doc Ock, Vulture, Electro)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (E-IV Captain Marvel)

Post by Thorpacolypse »

Great stuff as usual BGIII. However, I felt a tear roll down my cheek when I saw that Vibe was deceased in your world... :(

:wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

About the Flash, the pricing on his Speed Attack is off. Since the Damage is Strength-based, you have to pay for the Extras using the total effect rank. So the price should be 10 points.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III »

Thorpacolypse wrote:Great stuff as usual BGIII. However, I felt a tear roll down my cheek when I saw that Vibe was deceased in your world... :(
Well, if I ever do get this campaign running Vibe will be back. But, as LL Cool J said: don't call it a come-back.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Earth-Two_Kenn »

I'm enjoying these Earth-IV builds quite a bit. One question though:
Batgirl III wrote: Speed 16 works out to 125,000 MPH or 250,000 MPH with a full move; 1,000,000 MPH with a simple Athletics DC15 check
rule book, p. 57 wrote:RUNNING
You can make a DC 15 Athletics check as a free action to
run faster: success increases your ground speed rank by
+1 for one round.
Wouldn't that +1 from the DC15 Athletics check actually only take him to a "mere" 500,000 MPH?
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III »

okay,so I was looking at the wrong line of the Progression Chart when I typed my comment of Flash's speed... it's still faster than anything else on Earth.

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Earth-Two_Kenn »

No problem. I thought there was something I was missing.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Beware my power, the F-Sharp Bell!

Post by Batgirl III »

GREEN LANTERN
Earth-IV Campaign Setting
Power Level 12 ( 180 PP)
Green Lantern wrote:In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
ABILITIES
Strength 2 Stamina 2 Agility 2 Dexterity 2
Fighting 5 Intellect 1 Awareness 3 Presence 3

POWERS
Green Lantern Power Ring (Array; 97 PP Base) (Flaws: Removable -1 per 5) [ 78 PP Total ]
Power Ring Traits
Uniform and Power Battery Feature 2 (Quick Change, Internal Compartment) [ 2 PP ]
Personal Force Field Protection 12 (F: Sustained); Immunity 10 (Life Support) [ 22 PP ]
Ring Flight Flight 10 (2,000 MPH); Movement 5 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel [3]) [ 28 PP ]
Artificial Intelligence
Scanning Beam and AI Variable 1 (5 PP Traits; F: Limited to Senses); Features 2 (Ring AI, Database); Enhanced Advantages 2 (Eidetic Memory, Well-Informed) [ 10 PP ]
AE: Translator Comprehend 4 (Languages: Speak, Read, Understand, and Undertood by All; E: Subtle [2]) [ 1 PP ]
AE: Commlink Communication 5 (Anywhere, Mental; F: Concentration, Limited [Green Lantern Corps & JLI]) [ 1 PP ]
Force Manipulation
Simple Constructs Create 12 (E: Dynamic) [ 25 PP ]
DAE: Complex Constructs Create 8 (E: Dynamic, Movable) [ 2 PP ]
DAE: Force Blasts Damage 12 (E: Dynamic, Ranged) [ 2 PP ]
DAE: Force Bubble Immunity 10 (Life Support; E: Only Others, Area [Burst, 30'], Dynamic, Ranged; F: Concentration) [ 2 PP ]
DAE: Manipulation Constructs Move Object 8 (E: Dynamic, Sustained) [ 2 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Benefit [JLI Membership], Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Ranged Combat (1), Ultimate Effort (Will checks), Well-Informed

SKILLS
Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+8), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise [Military] 7 (+8), Expertise [Technology] 3 (+4), Insight 7 (+10), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 9 (+12), Vehicles 9 (+12)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 8
Parry: (10) Base 5
Fortitude: (8) Base 6
Toughness: (14/2) Base -
Will: (16) Base 13

WORKSHEET
Attack: 8 Effect: 2 (Unarmed) Total: 10
Attack: 12 Effect: 12 (Blasts) Total: 24
Dodge 10 Toughness 14 Total: 24
Parry 10 Toughness 14 Total: 24
Fortitude 8 Will 16 Total: 24

ABILITIES [ 40 pp ] + SKILLS [ 26 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 4 pp ] + POWERS [ 78 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 32 pp ] = 180 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Date of Birth: June 12, 1988 (Age 34)
Base of Operations: Corpus Christi, TX
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 190 lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown
Race: Human
Notable Relatives: None
Identity: Secret
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.

The Green Lantern Corps was founded more than 3 billion years ago by the eternal Guardians of Order. From their homeworld of Oa, the Green Lanterns were assigned in teams of two to police and protect the 3600 “sectors” of our galaxy, another 600 pairs of Lanterns were assigned to the "frontier," scattered more thinly across the remote edges of the galaxy, where the stars are furthest apart, inhabited worlds even fewer, and the grave duty of defending against extra galactic threats was even more important. Another 600 Green Lanterns, known as the Honor Guard had no home sector and could be dispatched whereever the Guardians had need of them. Some members of the Green Lantern Corps had more specialized duties, support staff, doctors, researchers, and the like. At its peak, 10,000 beings of incredible willpower protected the entire galaxy from "those who worship evil's might..."

But this was not to last, after billions of years of service and untold heroism by their Green Lantern Corps, one anceint act of hubris by the Oans would prove their undoing. For long before the creation of the Green Lanterns, Guardians of Order had bound all the wild magic of the universe into the M'Kron Crystal, which they hid away at the edge of the galaxy. A civilization would eventually develop of the planet they had hidden the crystal on, which was influenced by the crystal to develop rapidly, growing from stone age to an interstellar empire in only a few thousand years...

In 15,000 B.C. the Green Lantern "frontiersmen" assigned to this sector discovered the use of wild magic by the Shi'ar, and the Guardians dispatched the whole of their Honor Guard and another 400 Lanterns besides, to put an end to this threat to cosmic order. Seeking to draw more and more energy from the M'Kron Crystal in order to defend themselves, the Shi'Ar accidentally destroy it, releasing a beaing of pure chaotic energy which rips through the galaxy. The identify the being with their most sacred deity, the Phoenix, and during the next year it decimates the Green Lantern Corps. With the help of their Kryptonian allies, the Eradicators, the Lanterns eventually weaken the Phoenix Force to a point where it destabilizes and difuses across the galaxy. But with less than a thousand Lanterns left, it would take many millions of years before the Corps would everbe as powerful as it once was. Worse still, the "wild magic" released by the Phoenix would empower other aspects of the emotional spectrum, although it would take millennia for this secret to be revealed, during the Sinestro Corps War of 2007-2009 C.E.

In 1998, young Hal Jordan was a test pilot for Ferris Aircraft when he was summoned to the side of a dying alien named Abin Sur. Sur was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, a group of interstellar police. With his last breath, he named Hal his successor, entrusting him with his power ring and the task of fighting evil wherever it appeared. Since then, Hal has found that the ring responds to his thoughts and imagination, creating shapes and images powered by his own will. He takes the role of Green Lantern seriously. Not only does he do good deeds, but he also attempts to be a role model for others, a beacon of light and hope even in the darkest hour.

After the events of September 11, 2001 Green Lantern became a founding member of the original Justice League. He, like the others, had been having a difficult time reconciling his "day job" with his new costumed identity. One thing that makes it a little easier for him is the fact that his friend and mechanic, Rick Jones knew his secret, which allows Hal someone to confide in as well as someone to cover for him. The love of his life -- and hard-nosed boss at Ferris Aircraft -- was Carol Ferris. It would be nearly six years before he revealed his secret to her, the strain of his dual life on their relationship leading her to be sought out by a Star Sapphire gem. Ferris was able to overcome the gem's influence in an act of tremendous willpower, she rarely uses her powers anymore, but will rush to Jordan's side in the event of a serious crisis.

In the early days, Green Lantern was by far the most hotheaded of the League members -- Abin Sur chose him because he was both honest and fearless, and that latter trait wasn't always an asset. In battle, Green Lantern had a tendency to leap to the forefront, charging in without considering the options or the full situation. This is exacerbated by his ring -- the ring is based upon his willpower, and thus it reminds and reassures him that he can do anything he sets his mind to.

As the years passed, Green Lantern has learned to be a teamplayer, he'll hold back long enough to find out what the best plan is and how everyone can work together. Yet he still as headstrong as ever, and has a tendency to forget about fine details and concentrate on victory. He also tends to grandstand, often going for the weaker but more showy approach, and this sometimes backfires. The rest of the League has learned to either work around this or, in the words of the Batman, to "alway plan that Jordan will be Jordan." Out of combat, Green Lantern often acts as the self-appointed JLI's spokesperson, and his charm and glib answers make him a natural for the position -- Superman is more universally respected, Captain America is more nuanced, and Wonder Woman more diplomatic -- but only the Flash seems to be capable of reaching the news cameras faster. The media fulfills their part in this arraingment too, the bravado and charm of Green Lantern is always good for a sound-bite.

THE LANTERNS OF SECTOR 2814
Although the Green Lantern Corps still only numbers around 4,000 members, the Guardians have begun to reassign them to the sectors of old. With the Phoenix having empowered the other aspects of the spectrum, six other "lantern corps" have developed. Even fewer in number than the Green Lanterns, the Guardians try to reinforce their Corps in any sector where potential enemies are known to congrigate.
  • Red Lantern Dex-Starr of Earth
  • Orange Lantern None Known
  • Yellow Lantern Thaal Sinestro of Korugar
  • Yellow Lantern Daniel Ketch of Earth
  • Green Lantern Hal Jordan of Earth
  • Green Lantern Guy Gardner of Earth
  • Green Lantern Kilowog of Bolovax Vik
  • Blue Lantern Rick Jones of Earth
  • Indigo Tribe Thanos of Titan
  • Star Sapphire Carol Ferris of Earth
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Beware my power, the F-Sharp Bell!

Post by Bladewind »

Batgirl III wrote: [*] Blue Lantern Rick Jones of Earth
[*] Indigo Tribe Thanos of Titan
:shock:

Seriously. Nice touches.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (E-IV Green Lantern)

Post by Psistrike »

One of the Ghost Rider's as a Yellow Lantern is definatelly a nice touch and fitting for a merged setting like this. The ring would probably seek out Galactus, if he wasn't already a cosmic being and there was a ring which could fit on one of his fingers. :lol:
Oh, you accidently put Green Lantern down as Captain Lantern in the text right below the picture. Although the idea of Captain America becoming a Green Lantern, hhm.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (E-IV Green Lantern)

Post by prodigyduck »

Yay, for the F-Sharp Bell reference!
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Bombastic Bag-Man... Does whatever a Bag-Man can...

Post by Batgirl III »

SPIDER-MAN
Power Level 10 ( 180 PP)
Spider-Man wrote:Have I been wrong all these years? Is snark a spider-ability?
ABILITIES
Strength 8 (Lifting 9) Stamina 6 Agility 10 Dexterity 5
Fighting 9 Intellect 4 Awareness 3 Presence 2

POWERS
Spider Movement Leaping 4; Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling [2]); Speed 2 (8 MPH) [ 10 PP ]
Spidey Sense Enhanced Advantage 4 (Evasion [2], Improved Initiative, Uncanny Dodge); Senses 1 (Mental: Danger Sense) [ 5 PP ]
Spider Strength Enhanced Strength 1 (F: Limited to Lifting) [ 1 PP ]

Web Shooters (Array; 15 PP Base) (Flaws: Removable [-1 per 5]) [ 12 PP Total ]
Web Swinging Action! Movement 1 (Swinging); Speed 2 (30 MPH; F: Limited Only When Swinging) [ 3 PP ]
Spins a Web, Any Size! Create 6 (E: Innate, Tether; F: Diminished Range [2; 30'/60'/150'], Permanent, Quirk [Dissolve After One Hour]) [ 11 PP ]
AE: Catches Thieves, Just Like Flies! Affliction 6 (Resist: Dodge; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized; E: Extra Condition, Ranged, Split [1]; F: Diminished Range [2; 30'/60'/150'], Limited to Two Degress) [ 1 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Eidetic Memory, Evasion (2), Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Instant Up, Inventor, Power Attack, Uncanny Dodge, Taunt

SKILLS
Acrobatics 8 (+18), Athletics 1 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+12), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise [Science] 10 (+14), Expertise [Technology] 8 (+12), Perception 5 (+8), Ranged Combat [Web-Shooters] 9 (+14), Stealth 2 (+12), Technology 8 (+12)

DEFENSE
Dodge (14) Base 4
Parry: (14) Base 5
Fortitude: (10) Base 4
Toughness: (6) Base -
Will: (10) Base 8

WORKSHEET
Attack: 12 Effect: 8 (Unarmed) Total: 20
Attack: 14 Effect: 6 (Affliction) Total: 20
Dodge 14 Toughness 6 Total: 20
Parry 14 Toughness 6 Total: 20
Fortitude 10 Will 10 Total: 20

ABILITIES [ 94 pp ] + SKILLS [ 29 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 8 pp ] + POWERS [ 28 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 21 pp ] = 180 PP TOTAL[/quote]

BACKGROUND
Aliases: Ben Riley, Spidey, Bombastic Bag-Man
Base of Operations: New York, NY
Date of Birth: May 1, 1981 (Age 31)
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 175 lbs.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Brown
Identity: Secret
Relatives: Mary Jane Watson-Parker (wife); May Day Parker (daughter); Richard Parker (father, deceased); Mary Parker (mother, deceased); Benjamin Parker (uncle, deceased); May Parker (aunt).
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.

Petter Parker was born May 1, 1981, but lost both of his parents in an plane crash at age 3. Raised by his Aunt May and Uncle Ben in Queens, NY, Peter was always a bit of a science nerd. Shy and introspective, Pete never had too many freinds and spent most of his time working on science projects, reading comic-books, and dreaming up complex scenarios for his Dungeons & Dragons group.

When Peter was 15, he won first place in a state-wide science fair, and one of the prizes for the competition was a chance to attend a lecture by one of Pete's idols: Doctor Reed Richards. During this exhibition, Peter was bitten by a "radioactive" spider. No one has ever been able to determine exactly what transpired, and not even Dr. Richards has been able to duplicate it, but as a result Peter gained amazing superhuman abilites.

At first, Peter used his powers just for fun: humiliating the school bully, impressing pretty girls, that sort of thing. Deciding he needed to make some money (to buy a sports car, despite being too young to drive) he used his powers to sneak up on, tail, and snap photos of a local celebrities. He made a few bucks this way, but the big moneycame when he decided to track New York's Mayor, widly beleived to be corrupt... Peter got his photos of Mayor Oswald Cobblepot accepting a bribe from reputed mobster Wilson Fisk, and sold them to the local tabloid-newspaper: The Daily Bugle.

At first, Bugle's editor J. Jonah Jameson wanted to pay him only the most minimal fee possible, but it just so happened that the Bugle's owner was visting that day, and Bruce Wayne made Jameson pay Parker a full $1,000. It was further agreed that the photos would run under a nom d'plume of "Ben Riley." Unfortunatly, Peters success soon turned tragic. Returning home to Queens he found his Uncle Ben had been shot by an armed robber. Peter tracked down the thug, and cornered him in an abandoned warehouse. He beat the man black and blue, only stopping when the crook revealed that he'd only shot Ben Parker because he'd stopped paying his protection money to Fisk.

Haunted by his failure to act, and inspired by Uncle Ben's maxim that with great power, came great responsibilty, Peter turned over a new leaf. He made his debut as Spider-Man soon after Ben's funeral.

Spider-Man was an immediate hit with the New York public, who loved his colorful character and swashbuckling style of crime-fighting. The New York Polce department was a little more ambivilent, the "brass" condemend him as a vigilante, yet the beat cops on patrol loved him. Spidey just seemed closer to the everyday man-on-the-street than other superheroes, like Superman or the Fantastic Four. For reasons unknown, newspaper publisher J. Jonah Jameson immediately despised him and devotes most of his ink to lambasting him. Spider-Man: Threat or Menace! is perhaps his most infamous headline and is sold on t-shirts across the city and was popular with the post-modern Gen X types in the late 1990's. Although, the teenage hipsters of today seem prefer the post-post-modern Captain America shirts, worn "ironically."

Spider-Man first met Robin, Dick Grayson in 1998, when the two teamed up, quiet by accident, when Spider-Man traveled to Gotham City to catch Catwoman who'd just pulled a major heist from the New York Metroploitan Musesum of Art. The two became fast freinds, and when Dick deduced Peter's secret identity not long after they met, Dick trusted Pete enough to share his own secret identity (although he refuses, to this day, to share the Batman's true name).

Two years later, Spider-Man and Robin would join together with the Flash and Batgirl to foil a scheme by the Riddler to disrupt the 2000 Florida presidential election, the four became good freinds and were dubbed by the media as the Teen Titans. They all hated the name, each being 19 or 20 at the time. Peter remarked that they'd been calling him Spider-Man since he was 15, and now that he was an adult they wanted to call him a teen! (Wally, Babs, and Peter all eventually decided the blame lay with Dick's shortpants and pixie-boots. An in-joke the four share years later.)

Around the same time the Teen Titans were formed, Peter met and became romantically involved with an old classmate, the beautiful Gwen Stacy, daughter of the New York Cheif of Police. In 2002, Gwen was abducted by the crazed serial killer known as The Joker, who had some inexplicable personal grudge againt Gwen's father. Spider-Man managed to overcome the Joker's gang, and chased the insane clown to the top of the Brooklyn Bridge. Thing turned tragic as the Joker tossed the young woman over the side to make his escape, Spider-Man tried to save Gwen only to discover that the fall had killed her.

In the wake of Gwen's death, Spider-Man sworn vegence and donned a new black-and-white costume a began to hunt relentlssly for the Joker. Finally cornering him, Spider-Man beat him within an inch of his life until the intervention of the Batman and Robin. Spider-Man relented, and let Batman drag him off to Arkham... But it was Robin's reaction to this incident (and the help he gave to a clearly murderous Spider-Man) that would eventually create the insurmoutable rift beteen Bruce and Dick, leading the Dynamic Duo to split-up by year's end.

Spider-Man has recovered from that dark point in his life, and has a new love in his life in the form of Mary-Jane Watson. The girl-next-door of his high school nerd days, whom he had long crushed over, but never dared to talk to. They had met and became freinds just prior to 9/11, and it was with MJ's help that Peter truly moved past his grief for Gwen. They fell in love during that recovery, and were married in the summer of 2004.

Their first daughter, named Gwendolyn May Parker, was born on May 1, 2005. Little May is about half-way through the first grade, much to her parent's releif shows no signs of developing her father's spider-powers, although the two share a birthday which inspired her middle name... although May Day is rather prone to making enough trouble to make many think it's simply an apt nickname.

Though lacking in directed training, Spider-Man is one of the more experienced superheroes in North America. He has worked with virtually everyone in the superhero community at one time or another. Due to this experience, he has beaten foes with far greater powers and abilities. His fighting style is purely freestyle, which incorporates his speed, agility, strength and spider-sense. A very large part of his combat ability is improvisation and using his wits to out-think his opponents. One constant is his habit of using jokes, puns and insults. This not only causes his adversaries to become angry and distracted, but it also helps Spider-Man deal with any fears or doubts that he might have during a battle.

Edit: Fixed some math flaws with Spidey's web-shooters.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (E-IV Lantern, Spidey)

Post by Batgirl III »

NICK FURY
Power Level 10 ( 165 PP)
Nick Fury wrote:Congratulations winning on the election, Lex.

Now that you've been sworn in as President, I am required to give you the official briefing on the Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage and Logistics Directorate. Please, just call it S.H.I.E.L.D. Here's the same speech I've given to everybody since the George Bush: S.H.I.E.L.D. exists. It exists for avery good reason.

It's time to grow up, kid -- time to stop playin' politics and face some hard facts. There are questions you will not get answers to. There are things going on that you do not get to know about. And rest assured, I will never slip up in case you feel like bein' a naughty boy yourself.

Don't worry, Luthor, I can find my own way out of the White House... and back in.
ABILITIES
Strength 2 Stamina 2 Agility 4 Dexterity 4
Fighting 10 Intellect 4 Awareness 3 Presence 3

POWERS
Infinity Formula Immunity 2 (Aging, Fatigue and Sleep; F: Limited to Half-Effect) [ 1 PP ]

EQUIPMENT (35 EP)
Dual Colt M1911 .45ACP Heavy Pistols Damage 6 (Extras: Accurate [1], Ranged, Split [1]) [ 14 EP ]
Concealed Body Armor Protection 2 (Extras: Subtle) (3 EP)
Utility Belt (Array) (18 EP)
C4 Explosives Damage 5 (Extras: Area-Burst; Ranged) [ 16 EP ]
Tear Gas Grenades Affliction 4 (Resist: Fortitude; Dazed and Vision Impaired, Stunned and Vision Disabled, Incapacitated; Extras: Area-Cloud; Extra Condition; Ranged) [ 1 EP ]
Rebreather [ 1 EP ]

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Benefit [Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.] (1), Close Attack (2), Contacts, Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (4), Equipment (7), Improvised Tools, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages [Arabic, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Base: English] (3), Leadership, Ranged Attack (6), Takedown (1), Well Informed

SKILLS
Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+16), Deception 5 (+8), Expertise [Current Events] 6 (+10), Expertise [Espionage] 11 (+15), Expertise [Military Sciences] 8 (+12), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation 3 (+6), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 9 (+12), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 2 (+12), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 4 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+6)

DEFENSE
Dodge (12) Base 8
Parry: (12) Base 2
Fortitude: (10) Base 8
Toughness: (8/4/2) Base -
Will: (10) Base 7

WORKSHEET
Attack: 16 Effect: 2 (Unarmed) Total: 18
Attack: 14 Effect: 6 (Pistols) Total: 20
Dodge 12 Toughness 8 Total: 20
Parry 12 Toughness 8 Total: 20

COMPLICATIONS
Disability: Fury is missing an eye, which can cause depth perception issues and imposes a -2 circumstance penalty against perception checks to that side.
Power Loss: Fury requires a monthly dose of the "Infinity Formula" medication or will loose his immunities to fatigue and aging.

ABILITIES [ 64 pp ] + SKILLS [ 43 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 32 pp ] + POWERS [ 1 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 25 pp ] = 165 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Nicholas Joseph "Nick" Fury was the eldest of three children born to Joseph "Jack" Fury in New York City. His father was a United States citizen who enlisted in the United Kingdom's Royal Flying Corps during World War I. Jack enlisted in 1916 and was stationed in France. He reportedly shoots down the German pilot known only as The Enemy Ace early in his flying career, and was a highly decorated combat aviator by the end of the Great War in 1918.

Discharged after the War, Jack returns home, married Bettie Jackson, and became the father of three children. Nick was probably born November 7, 1920, followed by Jacob "Jake" Fury (later the supervillain Scorpio) in 1922, and their baby sister, Dawn Fury, in 1923.

All three children grew up in the neighborhood known as Hell's Kitchen in New York City. Nick was an amateur boxer through the Police Athletic League where he also learned basic marksmanship. With his friend Ted "Wildcat" Grant, an gruff Irishman he met in the boxing ring, Fury eventually left the neighborhood to pursue his dreams of adventure, eventually settling on a daring wing-walking and parachuting act. Their death-defying stunts while training British Commandos in 1940 caught the attention of Lieutenant Samuel "Happy Sam" Sawyer, then serving with the British Commandos, who enlisted them for a special mission in the Netherlands. Nick laters join the U.S. Marine Corps, with Fury undergoing Basic Training under the infamous Sergeant Rock. Nick was stationed next at Schofield Barracks, Oahu, Hawaii when the Imperial Japanese Navy ambushed the base on December 7, 1941. Dawn Fury, who had been visting her big brother, was among the many killed in the attack on Pearl Harbor, with Fury swearing vengeance against both the Japanese and the Nazis.

Ted Grant, now a major in the Royal Marines, requests Fury for the Special Warfare Operations Reconnissance Detachment, or "S.W.O.R.D. Team" that is being formed as a combined unit of U.S. Army Rangers, Royal Marines, and other allied nations' elite troops. Awarded the honorary title of Commandos by Winston Churchill after their first missions, they are nicknamed the Howling Commandos, based on the German's originally insulting nickname for them, and stationed at a military base in the United Kingdom to fight specialized missions, primarily but not exclusively in the European Theatre of World War II. During this period, Fury falls in love with a British nurse, Lady Pamela Hawley, who dies in a bombing raid on London before he can propose to her. S.W.O.R.D. Team-01 was replaced after only two years of action, when the Axis special science division, codenamed HYDRA, began to utilize superpowered agents. The unit was merged with the formerly civillian-driven Scientific Strategic Reserve and shortly afterward S.W.O.R.D. Team-02 was formed, but just as the Howling Commandoes were better known by their nickname, this group would adopt the name that Jerry originally meant to insult them with: The Invaders.

At the end of World War II in Europe, Fury was severely injured by a land mine in France, and was found and healed by Thomas Oscar Morrow, who used him as a test subject for his Infinity Formula. After making a full recovery, Fury began working for the Office of Strategic Services (O.S.S.), precursor of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). Six months into his service, he learns the extent of Sternberg's life-saving operation: the Infinity Formula has retarded his aging, but if he does not receive annual doses, he will age rapidly and die. Dr. T.O. Morrow began a 30-year period of extorting large sums of money from Fury in exchange for the injections. He eventually reaches the rank of Colonel and the CIA uses him as their liason to various superpowered groups that have begun appearing, including the Fantastic Four, whom CIA Agent Fury first encountered in 1965.

In 1980, Fury is handpicked by Howard Stark to become the second-in-command of S.H.I.E.L.D., the modern organization that grew out of the S.S.R., O.S.S., and S.W.O.R.D. Teams. When Stark passed away in 1984, Fury succeded him as Director. The ultimate authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. at this time to be a cabal of 12 mysterious men and women who gave Fury his orders and operational structure, but left Fury to manage the actual implementation of these orders and strategems. The identities of these people have never been publicly revealed; they appeared only as shaded figures on monitors or disembodied voices on the telephone. Initially, the organization's primary nemesis was the international terrorist organization HYDRA, which had survived the fall of Nazi Germany at the end of World War II. Under Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D. would grew into one of the world's most powerful organizations, reaching covertly into national governments and forming strategic alliances with the Fantastic Four, the Defended, and other superhero groups, while always maintaining independence and deniability. Fury soon becomes the superhero community's main contact when government-related information was required in order to deal with a crisis.

In 1988, Fury ordered that a half-dozen of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s top covert agent were "burned." These six agents were eventually contacted by a mysterious Mockingbird, and would spent the next three years engaged in a three-way shadow war between themselves, S.H.I.E.L.D., and the mysterious Zodiac Cabal. This period is known -- by those few who know about it -- as the Secret Wars and ended with the Secret Six dismantling the Zodiac Cabal. Now free from outside influence, Fury rebuilds S.H.I.E.L.D. from the ground up, initially as a more streamlined agency small enough for him to personally oversee and protect from being corrupted. This new incarnation changed the acronym to stand for "Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage and Logistics Directorate".

As time went on, Fury saw the need to revive the original S.W.O.R.D. Teams, his agncy was powerful but he wanted a special response team in the event that a threat would prove to powerful for S.H.I.E.L.D. to face alone. The catalysts for this plan were the appearances of beings, like Superman and Green Lantern, with personal levels of power that vastly exceeded conventional military capabilities. Now redesignated the "Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division", S.H.I.E.L.D. is given the greenlight by President Lex Luthor in 2006 and recruitment efforts for S.W.O.R.D. Team-07 begin.

After Tony Stark publicly announced his identity as Iron Man, Fury went to Stark's home in Malibu, California to talk to him about the Team-07 Initiative. Stark initially did not want anything to do with Fury, and ordered him to leave. Six months later, after Stark's out-of-control behavior resulted in the Mk.II Iron Man armor falling into the hands of the U.S. military, Fury confronted Stark. S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Natasha Romanoff worked with Stark to "handle his problem." Sometime afterward Star was recruited bt S.H.I.E.L.D. as a consultant.

Team-07 formed gradually through circumstance and reactive planning. Fury initially considered Tony Stark for a role on the team, but discarded this idea due to Stark's unpredictable nature. Eventually the plan was scrapped altogether and Fury refocused his attention on military assets in the hands of S.H.I.E.L.D. instead. Circumstance however, proved to be the guiding force that brought the disparate membership of the team together when Loki launched a surprise attack on a secure S.H.I.E.L.D. facility and then followed-up with a massive invasion. This event that will become known as The Loki Incident involved a Skrull warband launching an assault on New York City, and S.W.O.R.D. Team-07 is assembled. Led by Colonel Nick Fury this team was dubbed The Avengers by member Janet van Dyne, the winsome Wasp, who was the only fatality during the attack. The Avengers turned back the invasion without any assistance from the Justice League and continue to operate as the USA's premire super team.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Fingerstripes.

Post by Batgirl III »

NIGHTWING
Power Level 10 ( 200 PP)
Nightwing wrote:AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!
GAME MECHANICS
Nightwing of Earth-IV is identical to the version that appears in DCA: Heroes Handbook, with the following changes:
  • Advantages: Add Attractive (1)
  • Advantages: Add Benefit [Avengers Membership] (1)
  • Advantages: Reduce Equipment (5) to Eqipment (3)
  • Advantages: Reduce Languages (4) to Languages (2)
  • Advantages: Remove Precise Attack
  • Advantages: Remove Seize Initiative
  • Advantages: Remove Skill Mastery [Investigation]
  • Equipment: Add Avengers Commlink [ 1 EP ]
  • Equipment: Add Nightvision Lenses [ 1 EP ]
  • Equipment: Remove Motorcycle [ 10 EP ]
  • Skills: Reduce Athletics from 10 (+13) to 7 (+10)
  • Skills: Reduce Deception from 8 (+12) to 6 (+10)
  • Skills: Reduce Insight from 10 (+14) to 6 (+10)
  • Skills: Reduce Technology from 8 (+11) to 7 (+10)
  • Skills: Reduce Treatment from 6 (+9) to 2 (+5)
  • Skills: Reduce Vehicles from 8 (+12) to 6 (+10)
  • Skills: Replace Ranged Combat [Throwing Discs] with [Thrown]
BACKGROUND
Aliases: Various
Base of Operations: Detroit, MI
Date of Birth: April 1, 1983
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 190 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Notable Relatives: Bruce Wayne (adoptive father), Barbara Gordon (wife), James Gordon (father-in-law)
Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.

Dick Grayson was born on the first day of spring, 1983, son of John and Mary Grayson, a young couple of aerialists. He joined the act at a very young age, having been trained in acrobatics while still a toddler. His debut as a performing acrobat came on his eighth birthday, making the youngest of part of family act called "The Flying Graysons" in the Haly's Circus. Dick becomes the "Boy Wonder" of the circus and was expected to become an Olympic champion.

While preparing for a black-tie charity performance on Christmas Eve 1991, Dick overheard Bowtie Bill (Chester Feinnes), a well-known and feared local crime-boss, threaten the performers unless the circus's owner paid extortion money. The owner refused, and that night young Grayson watched in horror as his parents' high wire snapped, sending them hurtling to their deaths, all while many of Gotham City's elites watch on. Dick felt responsible, because he didn't warn his parents in time.

Shortly after the tragedy, the millionaire venture capitalist Bruce Wayne, in a rare act of philanthropy, rescued Dick from am uncaring juvenile services system. Frustrated by the lack of attention from his new guardian and the mystery still surrounding his parents' death, Grayson snuck out of Wayne Manor one evening to solve the crime on his own -- only to stumble into the Batman, who was also investigating the murder. The pair succeed in revealing "Bowtie Bill"'s complicity, but Batman stopped Dick from causing him any permanet harm... and sent him to prison for years. Seeing a reflection of himself in Dick, the Batman not only revealed his identity as Bruce Wayne to the boy, but also made the young orphan the offer of a lifetime: the chance to become his crime-fighting partner. Dick choose the name Robin, and his training began.

Robin made his debut as Batman's partner in 1996, and shortly thereafter encountered other new young heroes: Spiderman and the Flash. In 2000, the three freinds joined forces with Batgirl in order to thwart a scheme by the Riddler to disrupt the Florida Presidential election. They decide to become a real team after being dubbed the Teen Titans by the meida. By virtue of the tactical skills gleaned from the Batman, Robin was swiftly recognized as leader of the Titans. Over the years, several other young heroes would join the Titans, including Raven, Vision, Supergirl, and She-Hulk.

Dick continued his adventures with the Batman, and began studying criminal justice after early admission into Princeton. However, Robin soon lost interest in his studies and started to take on solo missions in and around campus, and found himself to be a capable independent crime-fighter.

Dick, now a young adult, realized that point that he has truly grown up: he no longer relied on the Batman, and he and the Dark Knight had begun to disagree more and more on crime-fighting methodology. Robin's newfound independence and duties with the Titans, left less time for his former commitments in Gotham. He dropped out of Princeton after only a year, but Dick also rediscovered his self-worth among the Titans. The Batman, however, is less than pleased. He informed Grayson that if he no longer wanted to be his partner, then Dick would have to retire as Robin. Furious, hurt, resigned, and confused, Dick Grayson left Wayne Manor -- but not for the last time. Helping him through this difficult time were his fellow Titans, including Batgirl, the two realized then that over their many years together they have fallen in love and they finally admit their feelings to each other. Dick handed over leadership of the Titans to Barbara, retired the mantle of Robin, and took a leave of absence from the team.

The "parting" between Dick and Bruce was entirely amicable. Dick passed the mantle of Robin over to Tim Drake voluntarily, in a memorable moment wherein he told Bruce and Tim that "'Robin' must always be the second part of 'Batman and...'" Bruce gave every impression of being pleased with his ward's coming of age.

Uncertain what to do with his newfound independence, during the months that followed Dick considered giving up superheroics to fight crime as a police officer, but he couldn't imagine his life in any other way. Dick then decided to honor his mentor and yet forge his own identity, by renaming himself Nightwing.

In an adventure in which all of his Titans teammates are captured by Deathstroke the Terminator, and delivered to HYDRA, Dick would debut his new Nightwing identity and free the team. Grayson had finally moved out from the shadow of the Bat, and would lead the Titans through some hard times during the next several years, including the death of She-Hulk in 2005. Barbara and Dick were married at Wayne Mannor in 2008.

When Captain America left the team to joine the Justice League, Nick Fury was almost happy enough to smile in public, when Nightwing agreed to join the Avengers. Having spent nearly twenty-two years as a superhero, Dick Grayson may be one of the most expereinced heroes on the planet. An expert in multiple martial arts, fluent in several languages, and a skilled detecive. He is also an experienced strategist with superlative leadership skills, having served as leader to the Titans for many years. Additionally, Dick's interpersonal skills and efforts to remain in contact with other heroes makes him a master at rallying, unifying, and inspiring the superhero community, a skill in which he has surpassed his mentor.

:arrow: Few changes need to made to Dick's past, as with the Batman it is mostly a matter of condensing it into the shorter timeline and adding some connections to the shared universe. Some points were trimmed here and there, and I added the Attractive benefit... because, c'mon! Just do a Google search for "fingerstripes," the man's gloves get 26,700 search results.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

muuse und squirrel

Post by Batgirl III »

BLACK WIDOW
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP)
The Avenger wrote:Nick Fury: This is Natasha Romanoff, a.k.a The Black Widow, agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. I've worked with her for quite some time.
Captain America: Welcome aboard. Russian, huh?
Black Widow: Yes, darling.
Green Arrow: Can you do me a favor and say "moose and squirrel"?
Black Widow: No.
ABILITIES
Strength 3 Stamina 4 Agility 6 Dexterity 3
Fighting 7 Intellect 3 Awareness 5 Presence 4

EQUIPMENT ( 26 EP Total)
Widows Bite Bracers Damage 4 (Strength-Based; E: Penetrating [4]; F: Grab-Based); Affliction 4 (Resist: Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned; E: Cumulative F: Grab-Based, Limited to Two Degrees) [ 6 EP ]

Arsenal (Array)
M-110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System, 7.62×51mm Damage 5 (E: Extended Range [1], Imp. Critical [1], Ranged, Subtle [1]) [ 13 EP ]
AE: Dual P229R DAK .40 S&W Pistols Damage 6 (E: Ranged, Split [1]) [ 1 EP ]
AE: MP5SD-N1 .40 S&W Submachine Gun Damage 4 (E: Multiattack, Ranged, Subtle [1]) [ 1 EP ]

Concealed Body Armor Protection 3 (E: Subtle) [ 4 EP ]

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, Attractive (2), Benefit [Avengers Membership], Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (5), Evasion, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages [Arabic, Chinese, English, German; Base: Russian] (3), Ranged Attack (4), Takedown

SKILLS
Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+13), Deception 10 (+14), Expertise [Espionage] 7 (+10), Intimidation 2 (+6), Insight 1 (+6), Investigation 7 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 7 (+14), Sleight of Hand 2 (+5), Stealth 4 (+10), Technology 5 (+8)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 4
Parry: (10) Base 3
Fortitude: (10) Base 6
Toughness: (10/7/4) Base -
Will: (10) Base 5

WORKSHEET
Attack: 13 Effect: 7 (Widow's Bite) Total: 20
Attack: 13 Effect: 4 (Affliction) Total: 17
Attack: 13 Effect: 3 (Unarmed) Total: 16
Attack: 14 Effect: 6 (Dual Pistols) Total: 20
Attack: 14 Effect: 5 (M-110 Rifle) Total: 19
Attack: 14 Effect: 4 (SMG) Total: 18

Dodge 10 Toughness 10 Total: 20
Parry 10 Toughness 10 Total: 20

ABILITIES [ 70 pp ] + SKILLS [ 34 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 28 pp ] + POWERS [ 0 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 18 pp ] = 150 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Aliases: Natasha Romanoff, "Tasha," "Nat," "Red," numerous cover identities
Base of Operations: New York City, NY
Date of Birth: November 22, 1984
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Auburn
Notable Relatives: None Known
Status: Citizen of the United States with sealed criminal record.

Natalia Alianovna Romanova was born in Russia and went on to become a world-class spy. She reportedly began training towards the life of an assassin when she was just a child, and her ruthless effectiveness in later years earned her the codename Black Widow. In 2008, this life underwent a dramatic change when she was on assignment in the United States. Her operation ended badly, burned by her government and targeted for assassination herself, by The Hand. During these events she met and was aided by the mysterious hero, Daredevil. A sometime ally of S.H.I.E.L.D., Daredevil saved her life and the pair developed a lasting partnership from that moment on. Following a meeting with Nick Fury soon after, the Black Widow was recruited into a new life as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

After Tony Stark publicly announced his identity as Iron Man, Fury assigned Agent Romanoff to keep an eye on Stark, with a goal of possibly recruiting him as a S.H.I.E.L.D. asset. Things did not go precisely to plan, but during The Loki Incident the super-heroes known as The Avengers were assembled for the first time.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (E-IV Spidey, Fury)

Post by Woodclaw »

I like these revised version of yours a lot BG, but I think that some of your recent originals are even better.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)