Batgirl III's 3E Thread (Doc Ock, Vulture, Electro)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's 3E Thread (E-IV Alan Scott, Midnighter)

Post by Batgirl III »

CAPTAIN LIONHEART
An Earth-IV Redesign
Power Level 13 ( 195 PP)
Captain Lionheart wrote:General Zod: I am Zod. What manner of fool are you, who will not kneel before Zod?
Lionheart: I am Brian Augustus Braddock, Twelfth Duke of Rutland, Baron de Ros, Marquess of Granby.
I am Captain Lionheart, chosen Protector of this Realm and the most powerful superhuman in Europe.
I am the Champion of the Forces of Reason. And I... I am going to thump you `til I get bored.
ABILITIES
Strength 8(10 Lift: 24) Stamina 8 Agility 8 Dexterity 3
Fighting 8 Intellect 4 Awareness 3 Presence 8

POWERS
Amulet of Right (Device, Array; 50 PP Base) (E: Indestructible, Restricted; F: Removable -1 per 5) [ 40 PP Total ]
Superhuman Strength Enhanced Strength 16 (400 ktons; F: Limited to Lifting [14 Ranks]) [ 18 PP ]
DAE: Superhuman Speed Quickness 6; Improved Initiative 6; Speed 6 (120 MPH) [ 2 PP ]
Immunity 11 (Fatigue, Life Support; F: Quirk [Subject to Starvation/Thirst]) [ 10 PP ]
Protection 6 (E: Impervious [10]; F: Sustained) [ 16 PP ]
Superhuman Senses Feature 2 (Temporal Inertia, Quick Change; F: Limited to Britain); Senses 1 (Mental: Direction Sense) [ 2 PP ]

Star Scepter (Device, Array; 12 PP Base) (E: Indestructible, Restricted; F: Removable -1 per 5) [ 10 PP Total ]
Scepter Strike Damage 4 (Strength-Based; E: Accurate [1], Affects Insubstantial [2], Feature [Katanaspace]) [ 8 PP ]
DAE of Superhuman Strength: Supersonic Flight Flight 9 (1,000 MPH) [ 2 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit [Fame, House of Lords, Wealth (4)] (6), Close Attack (2), Contacts, Connected, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative (6), Inspire (2), Interpose, Languages [Welsh, Scottish Gaelic, Lowland Scots, Cornish, Irish, British Sign Language, German, French Base: English] (4), Leadership, Luck (2), Power Attack, Well-Informed

SKILLS
Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+16), Expertise [Business] 2 (+6). Expertise [History] 6 (+10), Expertise [Politics] 10 (+14), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidate 2 (+10), Investigation 6 (+10), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+15), Technology 1 (+5)

DEFENSE
Dodge (12) Base 4
Parry: (12) Base 4
Fortitude: (12) Base 4
Toughness: (14/8) Base -
Will: (14) Base 11

COMPLICATIONS
Prejudice: Captain Lionheart is the son of a British peer and an African-American jazz singer, even in this day and age many Britons hold will his mother's background against him.
Power Loss: Captain Lionheart loses his powers and his STR, STA, AGI, and DEX are reduced to 3 if he should "see more than one sunrise" (approximately 12-hours) while away from British soil; the Amulet of Right will extend this time limitation to roughly one full day. Without the Amulet of Right he loses access to all the powers contained therein and the Star Scepter cannot be used (although he will retain his physical abilities while he remains in Britain). Without the Star Sceptre, he loses access to its abilities, but suffers no other consequences.
Reputation: Captain Lionheart has a (well-deserved) reputation for being a bit of a jingoist. The Duke of Rutland is also a politically active Tory, which does not endear him to liberals and social democrats.
Responsibility: Although he puts the realm and its people first, Captain Lionheart feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all mankind.

WORKSHEET
Attack: 16 Effect: 10 Total: 26 (Unarmed)
Attack: 12 Effect: 14 Total: 26 (Unarmed)
Dodge: 12 Tough.: 14 Total: 26
Parry: 12 Tough.: 14 Total: 26
Fort.: 12 Will: 14 Total: 26

ABILITIES [ 100 pp ] + SKILLS [ 27 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 25 pp ] + POWERS [ 50 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 23 pp ] = 225 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Alias: Captain Britain (Earth-4)
Base of Operations: Belvoir Castle, Leicestershire; United Kingdom
Date of Birth: November 5, 1976 (Age 36)
Height: 7'1"
Weight: 325 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Notable Relatives: Elizabeth Braddock (sister); Eliza Sweeney-Braddock (mother); Augustus Braddock (father, deceased)
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Status: Lord Temporal of the United Kingdom's House of Lords. No criminal record.

Brian Augustus Braddock, 12th Duke of Rutland, is a British peer and landowner. He was born the elder son of the 11th Duke of Rutland by his second wife, the American ex-patriot Eliza Sweeney. He succeeded his father in the titles on January 2, 1999. The Duke was ranked 475th in the Sunday Times Rich List 2009, with an estimated personal fortune of £110m. The Duke is a high profile supporter of the Conservative and Unionist Party and has hosted fund raising events at his ancestral home, Belvoir Castle. In 1999, he stood as non-affiliated when the House of Lords had to elect 92 hereditary peers, but is generally counted amongst the Tories.

His Grace The Duke of Rutland also carries the subsidiary titles of Marquess of Granby, which was created in 1703 at the same time as the dukedom was formed out of the earlier title of Earl of Rutland (1525). Baron Manners, of Haddon in the County of Derby was created in 1679. These titles are all found in the Peerage of England. Baron Roos of Belvoir, of Belvoir in the County of Leicester was established in 1896 in the Peerage of the United Kingdom, but seem to have a longer ancestry in the titles of Baron de Ros which has briefly passed again to the family. The most senior subsidiary title, Marquess of Granby, is the courtesy title that would used by the Duke's eldest son and heir, although he is presently childless.

In 1998, Braddock was a post-graduate student of political science at England's University of Oxford. One night, while working under his mentor Dr. Travis at the Bodleian Law Library, during the holidays, he was present when the mutant terrorists of the Brotherhood raided the university seeking to kidnap scientists from a nearby research lab. Escaping with the intention to get help, Brian fled on a motorbike, but was run off the road. Bleeding to death, Brian was approached by Merlin and his daughter Roma, who told him that he could live if he became Britain's next great champion. They offered Brian a choice: The Amulet of Right (or Life) or the Sword of Might (or Death). Being a scholar and not conceiving of himself as a warrior, Brian chose the Amulet and became Captain Lionheart.

The United Nations Security Council will not let him join the Justice League International without giving up his seat in the House of Lords, which Braddock refuses to do and he has little desire to serve in the group anyway. However, he has accepted Superman's offer of "reserve" status and will assist the JLI in the event of a serious crisis, such as the invasion of General Zod in 2013.

:idea: Every world in the multiverse has a Captain Britain, and Earth-IV is no exception. Unlike the Captain Britain of Earth-616, Captain Lionheart has had a far less convoluted history: he wasn't King of the Otherworld, he wasn't part of Excalibur or the Avengers, he never became involved with the Jaspers. On the other hand, he's a lot less powerful than the Captain Britain of Earth-616, still needing his Amulet of Right to unlock most of his power and requiring the Star Scepter to fly.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: Batgirl III's 3E Thread (E-IV Capt. Britain)

Post by MisterO »

I'm also really enjoying your Fairy-tale Superhero builds. They are very creative and have interesting backgrounds.

PS: It took me a bit but I finally figured out where I saw the picture you used for Sublime before; it's Axis (though I could have sworn that it was Matrix) from that crazy "Heaven: the Game" that came out a few years ago.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Bladewind »

Did you merge/ combine Icon and Cap for Lion heart?

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III »

Bladewind wrote:Did you merge/ combine Icon and Cap for Lion heart?
No, Icon exists in my setting, he is a former member of the Defenders. That Augustus Freeman and Brian Augustus Braddock share a name is just a coincidence... although, I did make Iceman (Bobby Drake) and Robin (Tim Drake) cousins, and Wolverine (James Logan) was Changeling's (Gar Logan) step-father.

I just really liked that pic, so I decided to make Captain Britain of my world black, and when this gets turned into an animated series we'll get Idris Elba to do the voice (the Black Panther will be played by Chiwetel Ejiofor.)

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Post by Cinder »

Elba's up way up there on my "they are/are not British?!" list.

The first time I heard James Marsters' real voice I passed out. When I awoke, I created the list.

I have recently added the guy that plays Garry on Alphas (Ryan Cartwright) to it.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III »

THE HORSEMAN
Original Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP)
Horseman wrote:Go ahead a run. You'll only die tired.
ABILITIES
Strength 3 Stamina 3 Agility 5 Dexterity 5
Fighting 10 Intellect 2 Awareness 2 Presence 5

POWERS
Hell's Horseman Movement 5 (Safe-Fall, Sure-Footed [2], Wall-Crawling [1], Water-Walking; F: Check Required [Vehicles, DC15]) [ 5 PP ]
The Headless Rider Regeneration 5 (-1 per Turn; E: Innate, Persistant; F: Source [Moonlight], Quirk [Scars/Wounds remain until normally recovered]) [ 3 PP ]
The Wild Hunt Senses 4 (Mental: Radius [1], Extended [1], Tracking [2] and Ranged Detect Evil [2]; Visual: Counters Illusion [2], Darkvision [2]) [ 10 PP ]
Like a Bat Out of Hell Variable 1 (Add 5PP Combat Advantages to Self or Speed Ranks to any Ground Vehicle; F: Limited [While Controlling Vehicle]) [ 5 PP ]

EQUIPMENT (20 EP Total)
Calvary Sabre Damage 3 (Strength-based; E: Improved Critical [2]) [ 5 EP ]
Reinforced Motorcycle Leathers Protection 4 [ 4 EP ]
Motorcycle Helmet Immunity 2 (Critical Hits; F: Limited to Bludgeoning)[ 1 EP ]

Harley-Davidson Shovelhead Electra Glide Motorcycle (Vehicle) [ 10 EP Total ]
Size: Medium (0 EP) Strength: 1 (1 EP) Speed: 6 (120 MPH; 6 EP) Defense: 10 (0 EP) Toughness: 8 (3EP) Features: None

Default Like a Bat Out of Hell Modification (1 PP): Speed +1 (250 MPH)

ADVANTAGES
Chokehold, Close Attack (3), Daze [Intimidation] (1), Equipment (4), Fast Grab, Fearless, Skill Mastery [Vehicles] (1), Startle, Ultimate Effort [Vehicles] (1)

Default Like a Bat Out of Hell Advantages (4 PP): Favored Foe [As Needed], Move-By Action, Takedown (2)

SKILLS
Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 3 (+6), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+17), Close Combat [Melee Weapons] 1 (+14), Expertise [Arcane] 4 (+6), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 10 (+15), Perception 3 (+5), Vehicles 15 (+20)

DEFENSE
Dodge (13) Base 8
Parry: (13) Base 3
Fortitude: (6) Base 3
Toughness: (7/3) Base -
Will: (9) Base 7

WORKSHEET
Attack: 17 Effect: 3 Total: 20 (Unarmed)
Attack: 14 Effect: 6 Total: 20 (Sword)

Dodge: 13 Tough.: 7 Total: 20
Parry: 13 Tough.: 7 Total: 20
Fort.: 6 Will: 9 Total: 15

ABILITIES [ 70 pp ] + SKILLS [ 25 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 14 pp ] + POWERS [ 24 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 11 pp ] = 144 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Alias: None
Base of Operations: Mobile
Date of Birth: October 30, 1992 (Age 20)
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Auburn
Notable Relatives: None
Identity: Secret
Status: Citizen of the United States with no Criminal Record.

The fictitious headless horseman has been a motif of European folklore since at least the Middle Ages, the dulachán ("dark man") of Irish myth was a headless fairy, usually riding a black horse and carrying his head under one arm (or holding it high to see at great distance). He was said to wield a whip made from dead man's spine and wherever the dulachán stopped his riding, a death would occur. The dulachán mythology entered into American folklore when the author Washington Irving wrote his famous short story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," but the dulachán itself wouldn't cross over from European shores until the 1950s in the wake of the Second World War. For the dulachán is very real, a human being selected by the fae at an early age to act as a rider in their wild hunts. Sometimes they find there way back to the mortal world. Changed by their time amongst the fae, still obsessed with hunting and destroying evil, and still able to ride like a bat out of hell...

:arrow: Yeah, I know Ghost Rider did the evil-hunting badass-on-a-motorcycle first. But, really, I think even that character's creators -- Friedrich, Thomas, and Ploog -- have to admit to at least some inspiration coming from all the ancient myths about dark and ghostly riders. It was already a centuries old story when Washington Irving wrote his tale...
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III »

APOLLO
An Earth-IV Redesign
Power Level 11 ( 165 PP)
Apollo wrote:You're a monster, and I'm going to enjoy killing you. It's not complicated.
ABILITIES
Strength 4(12; Lift: 22) Stamina 4(12) Agility 2 Dexterity 2
Fighting 10 Intellect 2 Awareness 3 Presence 3

POWERS
Super Energy Absorption Immunity 5 (Radiation [5]; E: Innate; F: Half-Effect) [ 3 PP ]
Solar Energy Reserves Variable 5 (Up to 25 PP to allocate to Solar Energy Powers; F: Slow) [ 30 PP ]

Solar Energy Powers (Dynamic Arrary; 37 PP Total)
Super-Strength Enhanced Strength 18 (E: Dynamic; F: Limited to Lifting [10 Ranks]) [ 27 PP ]
Self-Sustaining Energy Immunity 16 (Aging [1], Dazzle Effects [5], Life-Support [10]); Immunity 20 (Energy Descriptor; F: Half-Effect) [ 2 PP ]
Solar Protective Aura Enhanced Stamina 8 (E: Impervious Toughness [10]) [ 2 PP ]
Solar Regeneration Regeneration 20 (-2 per Round; E: Persistent; F: Source [Sunlight, 15 Ranks]) [ 2 PP ]
Laser Vision Damage 13 (E: Ranged) [ 2 PP ]
Hypersonic Flight Flight 18 (500/500,000 MPH; F: Concentration [10 Ranks]) [ 2 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative (2), Interpose, Leadership, Luck (1), Move-By Action, Precise Attack [Ranged: Cover], Power Attack

SKILLS
Athletics 2 (+6/14), Expertise [Military Sciences] 6 (+8), Perception 7 (+10), Ranged Attack [Laser Vision] 5 (+7),

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 8
Parry: (10) Base 0
Fortitude: (12/4) Base 0
Toughness: (12/4) Base -
Will: (10) Base 7

COMPLCATIONS
Power Loss/Weakness: Like Superman, Apollo's powers are dependent on the Sun. Unlike Superman however, his powers are far more directly dependent on the sun. Whereas Superman's abilities are somewhat more 'internal', needing only exposure or access to sunlight to activate, Apollo's body behaves much more directly like a battery, which discharges and recharges. His body was altered to store and convert solar energy to power his abilities, which disappear or weaken if his solar reserves are low. Low levels of solar energy should be treated as exposure to Kryptonite: he will lose his Solar Energy Reserves first, followed by his Solar Energy Powers, then he will begin to Weaken and may become Incapacitated or even Die. His Super Energy Absorption power is innate and cannot be lost.

WORKSHEET
Attack: 10 Effect: 12 Total: 22 (Unarmed)
Attack: 7 Effect: 13 Total: 20 (Laser Vision)

Dodge: 10 Tough.: 12 Total: 22
Parry: 10 Tough.: 12 Total: 22
Fort.: 12 Will: 10 Total: 22

ABILITIES [ 60 pp ] + SKILLS [ 10 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 10 pp ] + POWERS [ 70 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 15 pp ] = 165 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Alias: None
Base of Operations: Stonewall Manor, Windsor, ON; Canada
Date of Birth: July 20, 1969 (Age 43)
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 225 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White
Notable Relatives: Lucas Trent (Husband)
Identity: Secret
Status: Citizen of the United States with sealed record (S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level: Orange)

Apollo was once a normal human, bio-engineered by Lex Luthor in the late 1990s as a weapon to use against Superman. Apollo was "built" to have fantastic abilities rivaling that of the Kryptonian, including super-strength, laser vision, and a high degree of invulnerability. Apollo derives his power from solar energy, and becomes vulnerable to attack when that energy is depleted. The Apollo Project was abandoned by LexCorp in 2002, after its funding was cut on orders of President Kerry, shortly after the formation of the Justice League of America. Sinclair was assigned briefly to S.H.I.E.L.D., but left that group shortly after meeting -- and beginning a relationship with -- Midnighter.

Apollo isn't as powerful on Earth-IV as he is in the comics, be they the New 52 Universe or the original StormWatch/Authority ones. He's still among the most powerful metahumans on the planet, and made all the more dangerous by his completely lacking any sense of "proportional response" or "fair play." He's the sort of guy that will use his laser vision to vaporize a mugger because using his super-strength to tear his spine out would mean getting his hands dirty. He's every inch the headcase that Midnighter is, and the rest of his team spends most of their time simply trying to keep the two of them contained.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III »

NORTHSTAR
An Earth-IV Redesign
Power Level 11 ( 165 PP)
Northstar wrote:Jean-Paul Beaubier We need to talk.
Kyle Jinadu Uh, Mr. Wayne? I need to call you back. What happened? Jean-Paul? Why do you look like you’re going to vomit?
Jean-Paul Beaubier I’m not going to vomit. I’m just... nervous.
Kyle Jinadu Now you’re scaring me.
Jean-Paul Beaubier Kyle--
Kyle Jinadu Did someone die? Is something wrong with your sister? Are we being invaded by aliens again?
Jean-Paul Beaubier No, babe. This is about…us.
Kyle Jinadu Are you... breaking up with me?
Jean-Paul Beaubier Hell, no. I’m asking you to marry me.

ABILITIES
Strength 3 Stamina 3(6) Agility 4 Dexterity 3
Fighting 10 Intellect 3 Awareness 3 Presence 3

POWERS
High Speed Adaptations Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Altitude]) Immunity 2 (Friction) [ 4 PP ]
Enhanced Metabolism & Durability Enhanced Ability 3 (+3 STA) [ 6 PP ]
Superhuman Speed Enhanced Initiative 8; Quickness 7; Speed 20 (2,000 MPH / 2 million MPH; F: Side Effect [Always Occurs, Damage; (10 Ranks)] [ 31 pp ]
AE: Supersonic Flight Enhanced Initiative 5; Quickness 5; Flight 10 (2,000 MPH) [ 2 PP ]
AE: Subluminal Flight Flight 27 (256 million MPH; F: Concentration [7 Ranks], Side Effect [Always Occurs, Damage; (17 Ranks)]) [ 2 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 10 EP Total )
Armored Bodysuit Communication 1 (Radio, Short Range); Immunity 2 (Environmental Cold & Heat); Protection 4 [ 10 EP ]

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, Equipment (2), Evasion (2), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (5/8), Languages [English, Russian; Base: French] (2), Move-By Action, Power Attack, Seize Initiative, Set-Up, Takedown (2), Uncanny Dodge

SKILLS
Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 9 (+19), Expertise [Espionage] 7 (+10), Investigation 5 (+8), Insight 3 (+6)

DEFENSE
Dodge (12) Base 8
Parry: (12) Base 2
Fortitude: (12) Base 6
Toughness: (10/6) Base -
Will: (10) Base 7

WORKSHEET
Attack: 19 Effect: 3 Total: 22 (Unarmed)
Dodge: 12 Tough.: 10 Total: 22
Parry: 12 Tough.: 10 Total: 22

ABILITIES [ 64 pp ] + SKILLS [ 18 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 15 pp ] + POWERS [ 45 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 23 pp ] = 165 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Alias: Jean-Paul Jinadu
Date of Birth: April 16, 1979 (Age 33)
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black (Bleached White)
Notable Relatives: Jeanne-Marie Beaubier (twin sister); Kyle Jinadu (husband); Warren Worthington III (sister's fiancee)
Race: Human Mutant
Identity: Public

:arrow: Founder of the Authority on Earth-IV, Jean-Paul is now it's second-in-command after handing the reigns to Sentinel. He's no more powerful than his twin sister, but training and a sharper "killer instinct" make him seem that way. I've left the twin's "Gestalt Photokinesis" off of both builds. They're not on the same team anymore and do not make use of the tactic often, it can easily be handled by a power stunt.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's 3E Thread (Cap. Britain, Apollo, Northstar

Post by Psistrike »

Now those are some unique original builds, especially their histories and origins. Redcap's origin freaked me out a bit, never knew the other versions of the LIttle Red Ridinghood story. Although Sublime's Close Combat should be 8 [+16].
And definatelly like your take on a different version fo Captain Britain.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III »

Psistrike wrote:Now those are some unique original builds, especially their histories and origins. Redcap's origin freaked me out a bit, never knew the other versions of the LIttle Red Ridinghood story.
Let's not forget the heartfelt ended to Snow White, where the wicked queen in forced to dance herself to death while wearing red-hot metal shoes... at the wedding of Snow White and her prince (implied in some tales to be the Queen's own son). Now, there's a fairy tale wedding you'll never see in Modern Bride!

Goldilocks originally had no bears, instead she stole from three young members of the gentry, they catch her and try to burn her to death, and then try to drown her. That doesn't work, and she "escapes" by jumping out of a window and finds herself impaled upon a church steeple... save that one for Sunday School!

Oh, and how about that touching bit in Cinderella, where the step-sisters start cutting off parts of their feet into fit the glass shoe/slipper/pianella?! And those sweet little birds who had befriend Cinderella in her servitude, who latter shout out to the Prince that the step-sisters aren't the right girl he is looking for... then the birds then go back and pluck out the eyes of the evil step sisters. I don't remember that happening in the Disney movie, maybe I need to Blu-Ray?

You don't even want to know what goes on in the original Sleeping Beauty. :cry:

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero »

Well, since in their original forms, Faerie Tales are equal parts myth and moral parable, written in a time when the world was "simpler" (read: things we modern folk consider cruel and/or vicious were just accepted as the way things are), it shouldn't surprise anyone the repercussions for behavior foolish or reprehensible tended to be harsh.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III »

Horsenhero wrote:Well, since in their original forms, Faerie Tales are equal parts myth and moral parable, written in a time when the world was "simpler" (read: things we modern folk consider cruel and/or vicious were just accepted as the way things are), it shouldn't surprise anyone the repercussions for behavior foolish or reprehensible tended to be harsh.
We also tend to forget, in our modern Disney-fied soceity, that these weren't actually tales for children in many cases. Childhood, as we know it to day, was more or less invented during the Victorian Era, and many of the old myths and legends got turning into "fairy stories" at that time... but, four centuries before that, in the backwoods of 15th Century Germany or remote fens of Scotland, the original verisions of these myths were meant as entertainment for adults. Imagine if someone sent you 800 years into your future to see a Texas Chainsaw Massacre theme-park and Hannibal Lectre parties for five-year olds. Culture shock is fun.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III »

GRACE
An Earth-IV Redesign
Power Level 11 ( 165 PP)
Grace Choi wrote:No cape. No costume. No codename. Just my right-hook. Fists are Mother Nature's problem solvers.
ABILITIES
Strength 4 (Lift: 6) Stamina 10 Agility 4 Dexterity 3
Fighting 11 Intellect 2 Awareness 4 Presence 3

POWERS
Amazonian Ancestry Enhanced Strength 2 (3,200 lbs. F: Limited to Lifting); Immunity 2[/b] (Disease, Poison, Environmental Heat and Cold; F: Half Effect); Speed 2 (8 MPH) [ 6 PP ]
Martial Arts Mastery Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Improved Critical [2], Innate) [ 5 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Attractive (1), Chokehold, Close Attack (3), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (3), Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Interpose, Power Attack, Precise Attack [Close: Cover, Concealment; Ranged: Concealment] (3), Ranged Attack (4), Redirect, Takedown (2)

SKILLS
Athletics 6 (+10), Close Attack [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Expertise [Artist] 3 (+5), Expertise [Streetwise] 8 (+10), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 5 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 7 (+10), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 8 (+15), Treatment 4 (+6), Vehicles 3 (+6)

DEFENSE
Dodge (11) Base 7
Parry: (11) Base 0
Fortitude: (12) Base 2
Toughness: (11/10) Base -
Will: (10) Base 6

WORKSHEET
Attack: 16 Effect: 6 Total: 22 (Martial Arts Mastery)

Dodge: 11 Tough.: 11 Total: 22
Parry: 11 Tough.: 11 Total: 22

ABILITIES [ 82 pp ] + SKILLS [ 27 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 30 pp ] + POWERS [ 11 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 15 pp ] = 165 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Real Name: Margaret "Peggy" Grace Rogers / Princess Gratia of Themyscira
Alias: Grace Choi
Date of Birth: July 4, 2016 (Time Displaced in 2026 to 1985; Age 37)
Height: 7'0"
Weight: 203 lbs.
Eyes: Blue (Brown Contacts)
Hair: Blonde (Dyed Red)
Notable Relatives: Steve Rogers (father in future timeline), Diana of Themyscira (mother in future timeline)
Identity: Public (as Grace Choi), Secret (as Grace Rogers)
Status: Citizen of the United States with no Criminal Record.

Grace Choi is a tall woman with metahuman strength who sports tattoos styled along Pacific First Nations lines on both of her arms. She worked for several years the bouncer for Lila Cheney's mutant nightclub, Dazzler, in Metropolis; although she left the United States in 1995, shortly after the public debut of Superman. While living in semi-seclusion in the British Virgin Islands, she came to the attention of Henry Bendix and CHECKMATE after a bar brawl with some human traffickers that left several dozen cartel soldiers in the hospital. Grace Choi has refused all requests to divulge her origins, history, or the source of her obviously super-human nature. The top investigators at CHECKMATE were only able to learn that her citizenship paperwork from the United States were clumsy forgeries and that she appears not to have existed before 1987, when she entered the foster care system in Delaware.

Only a few cryptic remarks from the Doctor during the recent cross-time caper where her team met Sentinel have hinted at the truth. Grace Choi was born in a possible future of timeline, the only child of Captain America and Wonder Woman. When she was ten-years old, a massive invasion by the Goa'uld Empire and its new leader, Emperor Zod, led to the virtual extinction of all life on Earth. Desperate to save his god-daughter, the Superman of that reality used the last of his power to break through the time-barrier and brought the frightened young girl into her own past. Grace Choi is determined to prevent the Goa'uld invasion from happening, but equally afraid of causing any time-paradox that would end her own timeline... she seeks to avoid any contact with her future-parents. But the sense of honor they raised her with won't let her just drop out of society, she has to do the right thing despite herself. When she was a teenager this meant sticking up for mutant rights, leading to her gig at Cheney's. In her 30's, helping the British government as part of CHECKMATE seemed like something her parent's would have respected. When things at CHECKMATE went sour, she split, and continues to fight the good fight as part of the Authority. Thankfully, the team has managed to stay off the JLI's radar, but after Sentinel and Green Lantern allied during the Sinestro Corps War, Grace is afraid the JLI might begin to notice her and she may soon decamp for a new team.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Batgirl III's 3E Thread (E-IV Grace Choi)

Post by Earth-Two_Kenn »

Jumping backwards several weeks to when we discussed the locations of Gotham and Metropolis...

In my own campaign world, there are fictional cities in Delaware and New Jersey that, for gits and shiggles as much as any practical reason, I decided were in the same locales as Metropolis and Gotham on the DC Earth. Tonight I was working on a map showing wear Williamsburg, NJ and Empire City, DE are on the RCU earth. Since Photoshop layers are a wonderful thing I also produced the map below, and I am offering it to you.

For comparison...

I hope it helps.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's 3E Thread (E-IV Grace Choi)

Post by Batgirl III »

Gotham in the DCU is located on a large island (and a few smaller ones, like Angel Island (home to the original Arkham)) which is why I have always assumed it was one of the barrier islands along the Atlantic Coast.

I also put Metropolis a little further south-east, so that the island of New Troy (which most of Metropolis is built on) can be in the mouth of a real river.

As a bonus, this means I don't displace any real world cities, only some small rural towns.