Batgirl III's 3E Thread (Doc Ock, Vulture, Electro)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Earth-IV The Authority)

Post by Batgirl III »

SPRIGGAN
Original Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP)
Peter Pan wrote:To die would be an awfully big adventure.
ABILITIES
Strength 3 Stamina 8 Agility 5 Dexterity 3
Fighting 12 Intellect 2 Awareness 2 Presence 5

POWERS
The Secret Tongue Comprehend 2 (Speak to and Understand Animals) [ 4 PP ]
Unending Youth Feature 1 (Longevity) [ 1 PP ]
Faerie Flight Flight 8 (500 MPH; E: Dynamic, Subtle [2]) [ 21 PP ]
DAE: Fae Fleetness Enhanced Advantages 10 (Improved Initiative [10]); Quickness 10 [ 2 PP ]
DAE: Faerie Dust Flight 4 (E: Affects Others, Area [Cloud, 15'], Selective, Subtle [1]; F: Activation [Standard]) [ 2 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 10 EP Total)
Fae-Weave Costume Concealment 4 (All Visual ; F: Quirk [As Fades, -1 Rank per 3 Rounds], Resistible [Will]) [ 3 EP ]
Re-breather Immunity 2 (Suffocation; F: Limited [10 Rounds]) [ 1 EP ]
Starlight Lenses Senses 1 (Visual: Ultravision) [ 1 PP ]
Smallsword Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Feature [Katanaspace], Improved Critical [2]) [ 5 EP ]

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack (3), Equipment (2), Fearless, Improved Defense, Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Redirect, Taunt

SKILLS
Deception 9 (+14), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+10), Stealth 2 (+5)

DEFENSE
Dodge (12) Base 7
Parry: (12) Base 0
Fortitude: (10) Base 2
Toughness: (8) Base -
Will: (10) Base 8

WORKSHEET
Attack: 15 Effect: 3 Total: 18 (Unarmed)
Attack: 15 Effect: 5 Total: 20 (Smallsword)
Dodge: 12 Tough.: 8 Total: 20
Parry: 12 Tough.: 8 Total: 20
Fort.: 10 Will: 10 Total: 20

ABILITIES [ 80 pp ] + SKILLS [ 11 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 12 pp ] + POWERS [ 30 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 17 pp ] = 150 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Alias: Peter Barrie
Base of Operations: Tisch School of the Arts, New York University; United States
Date of Birth: May 9, 1987 (Age 25)
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145 lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blonde
Notable Relatives: John Darling, Sr. (father); Wendy Darling (aunt); Peter Darling (uncle); Jane Darling (cousin)
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Status: Citizen of the United Kingdom with no criminal record; Legal Resident of the United States (Student Visa).

On a late summer's evening in 1890, John Darling, his older sister Wendy and younger brother Michael, meet the strange and wonderful Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up -- Peter Pan. They had numerous adventures with him. Some were enchanting. The fae weave enchantment. Some were glamorous. The fae project glamour. Most were fantastic. The fae create fantasies. And every single one of them was terrific. For the fae always beget terror. After an unknown period of time, somewhere approaching a decade, the Darling children eventually escaped Never Land. The brought Peter, Tiger Lily, and a few other lost children back with them.

The children who wouldn't grow up eventually did, albeit at a rate far slower than they should. Wendy and Peter married and had a daughter, Jane, in the 1960s. John married Lily, and their son was born in 1987. Now in his mid-20's, John has come to America to work towards his Master's Degree -- in theatrical design -- at New York City's Tisch School of the Arts. By night, he dons a master and a costume woven from scraps of fabric brought back from Never Land and fights evil.

:arrow: Yes. You read that biography right. I crossed White-Wolf's NWoD Changeling the Lost with Peter Pan and ended up with a super-hero. I probably do need therapy, thanks for your concern. Anyway, he works out as a fun combination of swashbuckling street-fighter, speedster, and oddly enough, a passable tertiary brick. Probably not going to fill the primary role for any of those jobs in the standard superhero team, but good enough to act as backup and filling in gaps.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Spriggan)

Post by Psistrike »

Nah, you don't need therapy, there is a thin line between genius and madness. In your case it is genius, great mix of two different mythologies and settings. A very interesting character who would be great fun to roleplay.

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman »

Hah! That Spriggan is a terrific original character. Peter Pan + Changeling is a great combination (with a narrative dash of Pratchett's Lords and Ladies is looks like). Never Land could be one big playground for a changeling who became a true fae. Setting lost or kidnapped kids against cruel pirates for a never ending game sounds like something they would do. Maybe the Tick-Tock Crocodile is a beast seeming changeling.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III »

SENTINEL
An Earth-IV Redesign
Power Level 11 ( 180 PP)
Sentienel wrote:That's why this project is so important to me. Because of the Justice Society's legacy, not despite it. To Hector and Jay and Ted. Hector and his wife couldn't have children of their own. Jay lost his son. Ted neglected his. And I... I was never even there for mine. WE FAILED OUR CHILDREN. But we won't fail again. I won't fail you again. Or any of the children who grew up inspired by the Justice Society. That is is my oath.
ABILITIES
Strength 1 Stamina 1 Agility 2 Dexterity 2
Fighting 6 Intellect 4 Awareness 2 Presence 3

POWERS
Summon Uniform Feature 1 (Quick Change) [ 1 PP ]
Green Flame Aura Protection 13 (F: Sustained); Immunity 10 (Life Support) [ 23 PP ]
Green Flame Flight Flight 5 [ 10 PP ]
Universal Language Comprehend 4 (Languages: Speak, Read, Understand, and Understood by All; E: Subtle [2]) [ 10 PP ]

Mystic Flame Manipulation (Array; 31 Total)
Mystic Fire Constructs Create 8 (E: Dynamic, Movable) [ 25 PP ]
DAE: Green Flame Hands Move Object 8 (E: Dynamic, Sustained) [ 2 PP ]
DAE: Green Flame Blast Damage 12 (E: Dynamic, Ranged) [ 2 PP ]
DAE: Green Flame Sword Damage 9 (Strength-based; E: Accurate [2], Improved Critical [2], Penetrating [10], Reach [1]) [ 2 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, Benefit [Wealth (2)], Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Fearless, Inspire (1), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2)

SKILLS
Athletics 5 (+6), Close Attack [Unarmed] 5 (+13), Expertise [Business] 2 (+6), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+12), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 5 (+8), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat [Green Flame Blast] 6 (+10), Treatment 2 (+6)

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 6
Parry: (8) Base 2
Fortitude: (10) Base 9
Toughness: (14/1) Base -
Will: (12) Base 10

WORKSHEET
Attack: 13 Effect: 1 Total: 14 (Unarmed)
Attack: 10 Effect: 12 Total: 22 (Flame Blast)
Attack: 12 Effect: 10 Total: 22 (Flame Sword)

Dodge: 8 Tough.: 14 Total: 22
Parry: 8 Tough.: 14 Total: 22
Fort.: 10 Will: 12 Total: 22

ABILITIES [ 42 pp ] + SKILLS [ 24 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 12 pp ] + POWERS [ 75 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 27 pp ] = 180 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Alias: Alan Ladd
Base of Operations: Stonewall Manor, Windsor, ON; Canada
Date of Birth: February 6, 1913 (Time Displaced 1943-2005; Age 36)
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 190 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Notable Relatives: Alan Scott (self from original timeline); Susan Scott (daughter from original timeline); Katherine Bishop (daughter from original timeline)
Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.

In 15,000 B.C. the Green Lantern Corps discovered the use of wild magic by the Shi'ar, whom had arisen as a civilization under the influence of the M'Kron Crystal[/i]. The eternals called the Guardians of Order sent their Corp to put an end to this threat to cosmic order. During the brief but brutal war, the Shi'ar, seeking to draw more and more energy from the M'Kron Crystal, accidentally destroy it. The energies released formed into being of pure chaotic energy which would tear through the galaxy: the Phoenix Force. The Phoenix would proceed to decimate the Green Lantern Corps, until with the help of the Kryptonian elites known as Eradicators, the Lanterns could eventually weaken the Phoenix to a point where it destabilized and diffused across the galaxy. Unbeknownst to the Green Lantern Corps or the Kryptonians, shards of the M'Kron Crystal containing a measure of the Phoenix Force, were scattered about deep space. Two thousand years ago, one such fragment found its way into Earth's solar system, crashing as a meteor in 15 C.E. in rural China. A man named Chang eventually shaped the meteor into a lantern. Centuries afterward, an insane lamp-maker named Billings reshaped it into a train lantern. Where in 1939, in the shape of a lantern, it saved Alan Scott from a train wreck. At the lantern's mental direction, Alan learned how to tap the M'Kron shard's great power. Perhaps influenced subconsciously by the shard's history, Alan adopted a costumed identity themed around the lantern that gave him this power, to act as a masked guardian of his native Gotham City as the Sentinel.

As the Sentinel, Alan would become a founding member of the Justice Society and would instrumental in many battles of the Second World War. After the war, as a broadcast executive in the late forties, Alan Scott would a flirtatious relationship with the costumed villainess Spider. Who Alan, suspected was secretly his secretary, Helena Belovely. In fact, Helena Belovely was an agent of the Soviet Union, Yelena Belova and her career as a "criminal" was just a ruse to get close to Sentinel. The Spider eventually turned over a new leaf, becoming a member of the Justice Society, but without ever revealing her Soviet origins. When an up-and-coming agent of the CIA, Nick Fury discovered the truth extremists in Senator McCarthy's anti-communist movement would use it as a weapon in their crusade to shut down the masked men and super-powered vigilantes. Alan Scott like most of his peers gave up his life as a superhero, fell back into his persona as a ruthless businessman, and his bitter divorce from Helena was the first in a string of failed marriages over the next several decades... Alan Scott today is a remarkably healthy but elderly man of 100 years. He's filthy rich, has little contact with his family except for one of his daughters, and rarely leaves his mansion in the rural forests northeast of Windsor, known as Stonewall Manor; Or, at least, that's how Alan Scott lets the world see him. Well, one of him anyway.

In 2005, a trio of "underground" superheroes -- Midnighter, Apollo, and Northstar -- decided to take their "by any means necessary" approach to extremes, inspired by on by a drunken Midnighter's idea of simply "Well, let's just @#$%ing kill @#$%ing Hitler." Midnighter's analytical abilities, combined Northstar's speed with Apollo's incredible endurance and allow the trio to break the time barrier and arrive in 1943. While there their attempted assassination of Hitler was stopped by the Justice Society (acting on a tip from the mysterious science adviser from England, simply called the Doctor). The Sentinel lectured the trio on their hubris and with the foreknowledge that the war would eventually be won without him, elected to come into the future.

Shortly after arriving in 2005, Scott would meet with his alternate timeline self... who was waiting for him with that same strange Doctor from WWII. The Doctor pointed some sort of pen-shaped wand at Midnighter, mumbling something about humanity, and encouraged the two Scotts to get along, leaving as suddenly as he had arrived. The two Alan Scotts hatched a plan where his younger self would be made into the "heir" of his older version -- he had had enough wives and enough illegitimate children over the years that few were likely to question it. The Sentinel and his new allies in the Authority continue to act as champion's, with the leadership of Scott balancing the impulsiveness of the rest of the team.

When Green Lantern and Sentinel first meet, shortly before the great Sinestro Corps War, they came into immediate conflict. Jordan's ring responded to the M'Kron energies inside Scott as a feared threat to the cosmic order, and encouraged Jordan to attack; latent memory impressions from the Phoenix filled Scott with a terrible fear he had never experienced. This fear was enough to allow Sinestro's new yellow central battery the power to form a conduit back into our Earth from the anti-matter universe of Qward. Scott would ally himself with Jordan against Sinestro. Sentinel and the Authority played an important role in helping the outnumbered Green Lantern Corp win the War of Light.

:idea: Scott lacks the raw power of a "true" Green Lantern, but as a veteran of World War II he brings a lot of skills and experiences into his heroics that Hal Jordan lacks. Although, due to Scott's time-travel, the two men have (ironically enough) spent almost the same period of time as heroes.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's 3E Thread (Spriggan, E-IV Alan Scott)

Post by Batgirl III »

MIDNIGHTER
An Earth-IV Redesign
Power Level 11 ( 165 PP)
Thought things through pretty thoroughly, didn't you? Figured you'd covered all of the bases? Close, but no cigar. You forgot one thing. I live for this. It's who I am, what I do and I love it.
ABILITIES
Strength 4 Stamina 7 Agility 7 Dexterity 7
Fighting 12 Intellect 2 Awareness 6 Presence 2

ADVANTAGES
Healing Factor Regeneration 5 [ 5 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 10 EP Total )
Leather Armor Protection 3 [ 3 PP ]
Paired Tonfa Damage 4 (Strength-based; E: Split) [ 5 PP ]
AE: Telescoping Staff Damage 3 (Strength-based; E: Reach [1]) [ 1 PP ]
AE: Business Cards Damage 1 (E: Accurate [2], Multiattack, Ranged) [ 1 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Equipment (2), Evasion (1), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical [Unarmed] (2), , Improvised Weapon (1), Power Attack, Precise Attack [Close: Concealment] (1), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Second Chance [Insight checks for Assessment] (1), Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery [Insight] (1), Startle, Takedown (1), Throwing Mastery (2), Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

SKILLS
Acrobatics 3 (+10), Athletics 6 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Close Combat [Staff] 1 (+15), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+8), Insight 7 (+13), Intimidation 10 (+12), Perception 6 (+12), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 2 (+13), Stealth 3 (+10)

DEFENSE
Dodge (12) Base 5
Parry: (12) Base 0
Fortitude: (8) Base 1
Toughness: (10/7) Base -
Will: (12) Base 6

WORKSHEET
Attack: 16 Effect: 4 Total: 20 (Unarmed)
Attack: 14 Effect: 8 Total: 22 (Tonfa)
Attack: 15 Effect: 7 Total: 22 (Quarterstaff)
Attack: 17 Effect: 3 Total: 20 (Business Cards)

Dodge: 12 Tough.: 10 Total: 22
Parry: 12 Tough.: 10 Total: 22
Fort.: 8 Will: 12 Total: 20

ABILITIES [ 94 pp ] + SKILLS [ 27 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 27 pp ] + POWERS [ 5 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 12 pp ] = 165 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Alias: "Night's Bringer of War," "Weapon XV," "O.M.A.C-XV"
Base of Operations: Stonewall Manor, Windsor, ON; Canada
Date of Birth: February 14, 1977
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Red
Notable Relatives: Neil Sinclair (Husband)
Status: Naturalized Citizen of Canada with sealed record (CHECKMATE Clearance Level: Rook); Former citizen of the United States with sealed record (S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level: Yellow).

:arrow: The Midnighter of Earth-IV is just as big a bastard as he is in his regular continuity, although I have dialed him down a touch in power he's still dangerous enough to backup his infamous speech... which he has had per-printed on business cards to save time.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Batgirl III's 3E Thread (E-IV Alan Scott, Midnighter)

Post by JDRook »

Batgirl III wrote:Second Chance [Insight checks for Assessment] (1)
I see where you're going with this for a character like Midnighter, but technically Second Chance is only usable to reroll vs hazardous failures, and I don't think missing an Assessment check would count. On the other hand, Ultimate Assessment or even Ultimate Insight would be very appropriate.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

jspade
Collaborator
Collaborator

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Earth-IV The Authority)

Post by jspade »

Batgirl III wrote::arrow: Yes. You read that biography right. I crossed White-Wolf's NWoD Changeling the Lost with Peter Pan and ended up with a super-hero. I probably do need therapy, thanks for your concern.
The only kind of madness that reflects is the madness of understanding the faeries.
Jack of Spades' Builds

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero »

I've got to say, I like Spriggan as a character. He's a pretty decent jack of all trades sort. The only thing that confuses me just a little is, unlike Brownies, Pixies, Portunes, Browneys (an invisible type of faerie that has something to with bees and is completely different from a brownie), Sprites, Derricks, Knockers, etc., a Spriggan is a size shifting faerie...and size changing isn't among his powers.

Still, a pretty cool character.

And yes, I know waaay too much about fair folk. I blame it on an unhealthy obsession with Arthurian legend.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III »

Yes, give the thousands of different faeries found in Victorian lore alone -- let alone worldwide -- I picked the name of one that he has no connection with. On the other hand, most of them just wouldn't work for a modern-day crime-fighter or were already taken... "Stand aside, Officer. This looks like a job for Shellycoat!" just doesn't have the right ring to it. Also with much love for my freinds in Cardiff and my fellow Scots, neither Welsh nor Gaelic really lend themselves to catch-phrases: "Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird. It's a plane. It's Kelpie!" I think not. "Quickly, Ceffyl Dŵr! To the Gwynn ap Nudd-mobile! Away!" Yeah... not gonna work.

In all seriousness, it took me forever to come up with a name. When flipping through some of my reference material, I keep coming across the Spriggan. They're popular enough to be mentioned in most books on British folk-lore, but not as commonplace in modern pop culture as the "typical" pixies and elves. The name also "sounds" right for a superhero... Although, I was tempted to squeeze in a few modest ranks of super-strength (probably as another DAE off of Faerie Flight), I figured it was more important to the Peter Pan concept.

Heck, its not like every "real" superhero from Marvel or DC has a clear conection to their powers. X-Man Sean Cassidy is a guy who's codename literally translated means "faery woman"; his daughter, Theresa, isn't the least bit Greek and is named after the Sirens. Over in the DCU, neither Chemical King nor Comet Queen were part of any royal bloodline; there are no doubts that Billy Batson is marvelous, but does he hold any military rank? I think not. Green Arrow, does indeed, use green arrows and Stiltman is a man with stilts, but they cannot all be so on the nose. :wink:

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville »

My personal favourite comment about the whole "Banshee" thing was how horrified Stan Lee was when he learned that it was his heir apparent Roy Thomas who'd made the error in naming Sean Cassidy ("ROY didn't know that all banshees are female!?!").

I like the name Spriggan, as it's faerie-esque (I only know the name from D&D, myself) and sounds funny and slightly weird, but not an unpronouncable mess like many Celtic/British/whatever names.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero »

Funny you should mention Sean Cassidy. Despite the fact I love the character and the sonic powerset, the fact he's codenamed after a particular type of female spirit (one of several wailing women spirits) cracks me up. You'd think as an Irishman he'd know better. You think he has a male cousin who's strong and charismatic that calls himself Leannan Sidhe (faerie mistress)? These are the musings that make me laugh out loud in public at inopportune times.

Keep up the good work BG3. I really do enjoy both your original work and your E-IV material.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III »

REDCAP
Original Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP)

ABILITIES
Strength 3 Stamina 4 Agility 6 Dexterity 5
Fighting 10 Intellect 2 Awareness 7 Presence 1

POWERS
Super Senses Enhanced Advantages 1 (Uncanny Dodge); Senses 12 (Auditory: Accurate, Extended, Penetrates Concealment, Ultra-Hearing; Mental: Awareness [Shapeshifters]; Olfactory: Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Extended, Tracking) [ 15 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 5 EP Total )
Concealed Armor Protection 2 (E: Subtle) [ 3 EP ]
Silver-lined Gloves Feature 1 (Adds "Silver" Descriptor to Unarmed) [ 1 EP ]
Bloodied Hood Feature 1 (+2 Bonus to demoralize Lycanthropes) [ 1 EP ]

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, Close Attack (3), Contacts, Connected, Defensive Roll (4), Equipment (1), Fearless, Improved Critical [Unarmed], Improved Initiative (1), Languages [Czech, Base: English] (1), Power Attack, Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge

SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+10), Athletics 12 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+17), Expertise [Arcane] 6 (+8), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+8), Insight 3 (+10), Intimidation 9 (+10), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 7 (+14), Stealth 4 (+10)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 4
Parry: (10) Base 0
Fortitude: (10) Base 6
Toughness: (10/6/4) Base -
Will: (10) Base 3

WORKSHEET
Attack 17 Effect 3 Total: 20 (Unarmed)
Dodge 10 Tough. 10 Total: 20
Parry 10 Tough. 10 Total: 20
Fort. 10 Will 10 Total: 20

ABILITIES [ 76 pp ] + SKILLS [ 29 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 17 pp ] + POWERS [ 15 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 13 pp ] = 150 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Base of Operations: Mobile
Date of Birth: October 30, 1990 (Age 22)
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: Black
Notable Relatives: Extended Červený Family
Race/Species: Human (Lycanthrope Ancestry)

The origins of the "family business" can be traced back to Eastern Europen sometime in the early 14th century, and the tale has been told and retold so often most of the particulars are lost. It is generally agreed that the earliest versions of the tale are the most accurate: a young child was sent off on a short journey through the forest to care for her sick grandmother, who lived isolated from the rest of the village in the woodcutter's cabin of her late husband. Unknown to everyone in the town, the grandmother had been murdered by a werewolf. In the darker verions of the tale, the wolf leaves the grandmother’s blood and meat for the girl to eat, who then unwittingly cannibalizes her own grandmother. Furthermore, the wolf is said to ask her to remove her clothing and toss it into the fire. In most versions, the wolf eats the girl after she gets into bed with him, and the story ends there. In others, the girl escapes with the help of an outside figure. According to the family, however, their ancestor was forced to lie with the wolf, before escaping using nothing but her own cunning.

The young girl would bear the bastard child of the wolf, but raise the child to hate and to hunt the creature which spawned it... it's been the family business ever since. The family name comes from the cowls worn by the early hunters, which they would dye in the blood of the werewolves they slew. The keen senses of the shapeshifters, even when disguised as humans, cannot help but recognize the smell of their own kind. Over the centuries, the family has adapted to changing styles and fashions, weaving the blood-dyed fabric into everything from the silk gowns of the 1780's French Court to the power-suits of 1980's Wall Street.

:idea: What the hey, an ally for my superhero Peter Pan. I know that other's have done the Red Riding Hood: Werewolf Hunter thing before, but it's a fun idea. Plus, I get to use a fairy name that wouldn't have worked for Pan.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III »

SHIMMER
Original Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP)

ABILITIES
Strength 2 Stamina 2 Agility 5 Dexterity 2
Fighting 10 Intellect 1 Awareness 2 Presence 6

POWERS
Glass Slippers (Device; 35 PP Base) (Flaw: Removable [-1 per 5]) [ 28 PP TOTAL ]
Seven-League Stride Teleport 10 (4 Miles, 200 lbs.; E: Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass [2], Turnabout) [ 35 PP ]

Glass Slipper Stunts (Array; 20 PP Base) (Extra: Restricted [Trainning]; Flaw: Removable [-1 per 5]) [ 17 PP TOTAL ]
Hologlamour Feature 2 (Quick Change [2]) [ 2 PP ]
Rapid Attack Damage 4 (E: Accurate [2], Area [Burst, 60'], Penetrating [2], Selective; F: Resistible [Parry vs. Close Attack]) [ 16 PP ]
AE: Multiport Affliction 8 (Resist Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; E: Cumulative; F: Grab-Based); Teleport 1 (60' E: Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass [2], Turnabout) [ 1 PP ]
AE: Shimmer Stride Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses F: Partial); Enhanced Initiative 4; Quickness 8 (F: Physical Tasks); Speed 4 (30 MPH) [ 1 PP ]

EQUIPMENT
Force-Field Projector Protection 4 (E: Subtle [1]; F: Sustained) [ 5 EP ]

ADVANTAGES
Attractive (2), Benefit [Wealth (1)], Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (4), Equipment (1), Evasion, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Languages [English; Base: Cendril] (1), Uncanny Dodge

SKILLS
Deception 2 (+8), Expertise [Geography] 3 (+4), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+10), Stealth 5 (+10)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 5
Parry: (10) Base 0
Fortitude: (8) Base 6
Toughness: (10/6/2) Base -
Will: (10) Base 8

WORKSHEET
Attack: 12 Effect: 2 Total: 14 (Unarmed)
Attack: 16 Effect: 4 Total: 20 (Rapid Attack)
Attack: 12 Effect: 8 Total: 20 (Multiport)

Dodge: 10 Tough.: 10 Total: 20
Parry: 10 Tough.: 10 Total: 20
Fort.: 8 Will: 10 Total: 18

ABILITIES [ 60 pp ] + SKILLS [ 10 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 16 pp ] + POWERS [ 45 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 19 pp ] = 150 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Alias: Cynthia "Cindy" Saunders
Base of Operations: Brooklyn, NY; USA
Date of Birth: Age 28
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Eyes: Colorless (Blue Contacts)
Notable Relatives: King Ramir (half-brother); Queen Clorinde (step-mother)
Race: Alien

The bare bones of the story are the stuff of many old and universal stories: A young noblewoman's mother dies and her father remarries a woman with daughters of her own, then disappears. The girl's new step-family turns out to be cruel and vindictive, and mistreat her by making her work at minial tasks far below her station... the main way in which Shimmer's life diverges from this old story is that she was born on the distant world of Cendrillon as Cenerentola, and as a potential heir to her father's throne as queen of the Cendril Star Empire, her step-family did everything they could to drive her into disfavor with the King. Her step-mother eventually fathered a son, Ramir -- a spoiled brat and most probably not the King's biological son, but a bastard from the adulterous queen. With her bastard brother on the throne and scheming step-mother ruling as regent, Princess Cenerentola was forced to chose between fleeing her star kingdom or certain death. Now she's hiding out on Earth, as a mild mannered high school teacher. As she waits for an opportunity to return home and overthrow her step-brother, she fights crime and alien-assassins using some of the advanced technology of her home world.

:idea: Cinderella meets The Tudors, by way of superhero comics. I should come up with a name for these fairy tale crime fighters.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero »

:mrgreen: I can't say it enough; I absolutely dig these original builds. Cinderella, exiled alien princess...awesome. Maybe you could stat out a few of the characters on the "other side of the aisle" from our heroes? Fachan? Fomor? Afanc? Boobrie?

...Okay, maybe not Boobrie. No matter scary a giant goose with a sharp, iron bill might be...the name wouldn't intimidate a toddler.

Cinder
Hero
Hero

Post by Cinder »

I have been reading this and it is honestly one of the few combined universes that I have seen done well (another being Ryan M. Danks' Omniverse).

I really liked the fantastic four stuff, and have one nitpick (you literally asked for it):

How old was Susan when she had her kids? Is she much younger than Reed?

As it stands Reed was 63 when he had Human Torch II (HT2) and 68 when he had Invisible Girl II (IG2).

I assume that Sue also gained some youth-retaining benefit from the manifestation of her powers?

Also, what was your thinking with the defenders? Were you intentionally going for some kind of subverted-minority-tokenism theme, or did that just pop up organically? (P.S. Stalker was my favorite GI Joe . . . Actually, I suppose that he is my favorite GI Joe. I wish I could pull off a mustache and a beret.)