Crinoverse: Time After Time: Steel Dawn

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Crinoverse: Time After Time: Steel Dawn

Post by Yeoman » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:18 pm

Part 1: Distant Knights
Part 2: School Daze
Part 3: Land of the Rising Sun
Part 4: Out of Time
Part 5: The Wolftime
Part 6: The Long Long Ago
Part 7: Steel Dawn

Something stirs. From the beginning to the end, it's rumbles felt in time after time. It would see worlds burn if needs must, for all roads lead to the end, and few lead beyond.

Captain Thunderchild

The last thing you remember is drifting to sleep in your quarters. It has been the quietest month you can ever remember. Not a single good haul the entire time. You haven't even had to dodge any Lor patrols. For the first time in years, you are starting to remember what boredom feels like. Then, shocked out of your sleep, you suddenly feel the warmth of a sun on your face, and your clothes once more on your body.

Tycho Rosen

You run for all you can, the members of the rival Purple Dragons gang snapping at your heels. Your synthetic heart pounds in your chest as you duck around a corner. A scent like ozone and a feint crackling is your only warning as you plow head first into a blinding storm of electricity.

Ge-ne-ra

For you, it started simply. Going out for dinner in the third great and powerful human empire. Someone, however, must be rude, because just as dessert was arriving you feel the telltale signs of forcibly being ripped through space/time. It is only quick thinking as the flash beings than you're able to reach out and snag dessert.

Barney Hale

Halfway through morning practice you suddenly get a sense of something... wrong in the air. A chill that works up your spine, like something momentous has just happened. There is a sound, soft, as if at a great distance. You'd swear you've heard something nearly like it once, the time Holmes had had you relieved a letter to Madam Vastra and her... companions. Then it grows, becoming louder and louder to the point where you slap your hands over your ears, and even that is not enough, your eyes shutting in pain. And then it is gone.

Hakeshi Tanjo

You had to admit, you almost wished for the return of the days when SHADOW was the least of your worries. In the last several months, it almost seemed like even two bit intergalactic dictator, or loon with a deathray had been setting up shop in Japan. These Galactor punks seemed to only be the latest in a never ending string. From behind you comes a humming, your first assumption that you'd missed someone with some fancy bit of tech, you spin to take them on, only to be enveloped by darkness, and then, stunning your senses, light.

Doctor Panik

Fleeing into the past had probably been a good idea. Going somewhere without time travel, probably not your smartest plan. It has taken weeks together the necessary parts to make a four dimensional panic button. You only hoped you could flag someone sympathetic down before Praetorian found you. At this point you'd take time traveling magical school girls if it meant getting out of here. You'd forgotten all those lessons about how ancient Egypt was lousy with high powered meta types. When salvation came, you were unsurprised. Not so much that they didn't even stop to talk, just a blink, and it's so long wiping with papyrus.

Dr. Bumil

The theater isn't as grand as you'd like, but, still, a nearly sold out show. And they seem to be hanging on your every movement. Some out of amazement, others just looking for the trick. And this one, seemingly vanishing from a box, is so easy and routine it should almost be a crime. And when you move to sep out form the other box, the sound of the crowd is gone. The musty scent of the theater, gone, the spot light... is merely the sun.

Each of you find yourself in a small wooded glade, the sun high in the sky, find yourselves, not alone, with six strangers.
Last edited by Yeoman on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 13 times in total.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Crinoverse: Time After Time: Distant Knights

Post by flynnarrel » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:48 am

Dr. Bumil

"TA-DA!" He exclaims, triumphantly, then looks around, his smile only faltering slightly. The 5'6" squat man in a dazzling suit and feathered turbin looks around the glade with a sense of wonder.

"By Ganesh the Great and Merciful, this is the first time I have ever made an audience disappear!" he remarks with some amount of pride.

He notes the odd assortment of companions and his smile only renews. With a wave of a seemingly empty hand he produces a playing card deck and splays it out with a fluid motion and deft fingers, the copious and odd assortment of costume jewelry does not seem to impede his facility with the cards.

"I do not suppose any of you wish to pick a card?" he remarks tentatively.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by SilvercatMoonpaw » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:51 am

Geanie

Geanie looks around at the other people, then down at the flourless chocolate cake slathered in vanilla ice cream.

She ate dessert.

"Okay, I know the rest of you must be feeling a little disoriented and perhaps afraid. This is normal. It's best if you give yourself time to calm down. Take stock of what resources you have.

"Me, I've got a ceramic bowl and a gold-plated spoon."

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:09 am

Tycho

"What the shock?" are the first words out of Tycho's mouth, as he jumps back, raising both hands as if he were drawing and aiming imaginary guns. Dr. Bumil, you in fact see that he's waving a pair of psychic pistols

"Somebody better slot and run what the driggin' shock is going on here, then lemme buzz, or there'll be static. We green, chummers?"
"Okay, I know the rest of you must be feeling a little disoriented and perhaps afraid. This is normal. It's best if you give yourself time to calm down. Take stock of what resources you have.

"Me, I've got a ceramic bowl and a gold-plated spoon."
he runs down the list of gangs that have the level of tech or scanners to hack his brain this thoroughly, and are affiliated with the Dragons. not thinking of any, he decides to show some trust.

"Tycho, 3-Saints" he says, taking away one finger-gun to pull down his collar enough to show the dark purple fleur-de-lis tattooed on his chalk-white skin, before raising the imaginargy pistol again. "Citadel-Efsee Arcowastes. you?"
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:20 am

Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

The vanishing and reappearing had put Barney on guard, already engaged in training, but he shifted to a little more relaxed, more hands by sides once he picked up more that the other six were equally bewildered as he. Which didn't explain what who they were, what had happened and why?

What did Holmes say? Keep a clear mind, take stock and look at the details.

The outlandish array threw him off nonetheless. Barney ended up starting by clearing his throat and addressing himself to the Indian mystic - though oddly his skin complexion seemed off... sadly, the colonial was the most familiar thing Barney could relate to right now.

"Barney Hale, Guru... Swami... Sadhu... why do you Indian colonials have so many names for it...why?! And why is that man waving imaginary pistols?"
Impeach the peach!

metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Post by metool2 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:26 am

Hakeshi Tanjo

" Ah! Bright Light! " He shouted, as his forearm shot up to block the sudden light from his eyes, as well as to protect against any incoming blows, as he expected the combatant he was fighting to press the sudden advantage the flash of light would create.

Except, there was no press of the attack. As he carefully lifted a pair of thick sunglasses up to his eyes, he would cautiously look around at where he was at... It wasn't the same warehouse district as before, and the Galactor combatants were nowhere to be seen.
flynnarrel wrote:Dr. Bumil

"TA-DA!"
He notes the odd assortment of companions and his smile only renews. With a wave of a seemingly empty hand he produces a playing card deck and splays it out with a fluid motion and deft fingers, the copious and odd assortment of costume jewelry does not seem to impede his facility with the cards.

"I do not suppose any of you wish to pick a card?" he remarks tentatively.
He turned his attention to the brightly decorated foreigner, a little uneasy to find himself being asked to pick a card after ending up in some forest right after fighting... Yet, to his benefit he did reach a hand out to pluck one of the cards at random from his hand, slowly shifting to a more casual stance in his jacket and casual attire.

" Like so? " He said in a very slow tone, raising the card up to indicate it, remaining on guard incase it was some kind of ruse, but every instinct he had said it wasn't. This was something else.
" This flag says I will fight until only my bones remain. "
Kamen Rider Builds

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:33 am

"Okay..." Tycho says slowly, as he starts taking stock of the surroundings, lowering his hands again (and dispelling the psi-guns) "we got Charli'd, I grok that. So, which of you's the Johnson?"

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by SilvercatMoonpaw » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:38 am

Geanie
Kreuzritter wrote:"Tycho, 3-Saints" he says, taking away one finger-gun to pull down his collar enough to show the dark purple fleur-de-lis tattooed on his chalk-white skin, before raising the imaginargy pistol again. "Citadel-Efsee Arcowastes. you?"
"Ge-ne-ra -- you can call me Geanie -- um, 12-Founders...........er, Pacificlogged Town."

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:26 am

"WHO DARES KIDNAP DOCTOR PANIK! HEAR ME NOW, YOU WILL RUE THIS DAY, I WILL..."

At this moment the gray haired guy in the lab coat slaps himself in the face.

"...Sorry everyone. Sorry. I've been trying to stop doing that. I'm Doctor Panik." He looks around, "Ooh a catgirl! And a Bioroid. Neat."

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:37 am

and the mind guns go up again as Tycho practicly jumps out of his skin

"Don't any of you even think about turning me over to the Troys." he says, his eyes darting about to spot the nearest escape route, occasionally stealing a glance upward for a Corpsec VTOL to decloak

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:40 am

Panik raises an eyebrow, "The who now? Dammit, I knew I should have paid more attention when The Praetorian was telling me about the different time travel factions out there."

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:42 am

Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"What now, Doctor?" Barney fixed his attention on the older man in the coat... there was a certain sense of familiarity... Dr. Panik certainly had the same air of Victor Frankenstein, and that twisted Moreau too... "It sounds like you know something of what's happened?"
Impeach the peach!

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:45 am

Crinos wrote:Panik raises an eyebrow, "The who now? Dammit, I knew I should have paid more attention when The Praetorian was telling me about the different time travel factions out there."
"Okay," Tycho says, relaxing, but not lowering his loaded powers, "just let myself get grokked out by a gonk. Praetorian's a myth, Doc, Story bout the bad days of the Hero Wars, ain't no such thing as time travel."

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:48 am

Kreuzritter wrote:
Crinos wrote:Panik raises an eyebrow, "The who now? Dammit, I knew I should have paid more attention when The Praetorian was telling me about the different time travel factions out there."
"Okay," Tycho says, relaxing, but not lowering his loaded powers, "just let myself get grokked out by a gonk. Praetorian's a myth, Doc, Story bout the bad days of the Hero Wars, ain't no such thing as time travel."
Panik just stares at Tycho.

Then does this:

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:49 am

Kreuzritter wrote:and the mind guns go up again as Tycho practicly jumps out of his skin

"Don't any of you even think about turning me over to the Troys." he says, his eyes darting about to spot the nearest escape route, occasionally stealing a glance upward for a Corpsec VTOL to decloak
Above are only clear blue skies, with a flock of birds traveling west.