Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - Recruiting

Postby Bladewind » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:00 am

In the interest of fairness and balance I will say yes.

Anomalocaris
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Anomalocaris » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:12 pm

I like the idea of a psionic character based on the Sectoids and Ethereals from X-Com: Enemy Unknown. I'll try to put something together this weekend, if that sounds okay.
I always thought of myself as more of a proto-arthropod, but apparently...

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Bladewind wrote:@ flynnarrel: Not going to insist on anything here, but want to point out that the Gorn/ Trandoshans/ Badoon are immune to infravision in this setting and have keen darkvision. Just an FYI.

Modified Dr. Greene to include darkvision. Since I already have the all vision Chameleon I figured that would cover infravision (If she's moving fast enough to lose it from Blending then the motion is probably generating enough heat to be detected).

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Anomalocaris wrote:I like the idea of a psionic character based on the Sectoids and Ethereals from X-Com: Enemy Unknown. I'll try to put something together this weekend, if that sounds okay.

Sounds intriguing...

Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Mr.United » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Here is the story. All I need is making him now. That's the easy part.

Crawly

Background:
Humanity, we have never seen a species more focused and determined in destroying themselves. They go so far as to destroying the world if it meant winning some conflict. Then years later, another 'leader' will try and do the same thing. It is very confusing to us. It is one of the reasons we found them easy targets. They can’t focus on just one enemy. They feel that everyone is a threat. There is no trust between them. If only they learned to bond, to join into a symbiotic like state.

What are we they ask? Of course they would ask. None understand our nature of being. Put simply, We are colonies of intelligent organisms whom work together for a common goal. Unlike humans, we share our resources, knowledge, and energy. Doing this, we have amassed great colonies that shadow this....watery world.

Much of our appearance looks much like your insects of your world. The differences are small, it is the small differences that make us unique. in total, there are 5 different species combined into one great mind. Until recently, we thought ourselves indestructable.

That is until those humans capture one of our fathers. Using their surprisingly vast knowledge in science, they prepared a human for lunch. Willingly, this lamb of a human offered himself to us and we consumed and grew. What we didn' t know that this human (whom calls himself Bernie) had great amounts of chemcials and electronics placed inside him to reprogram us. It seems that our DNA code matched to what the humans called, 'binary'.

Together, we devoured this man to nothing but bone. As father started a new colony, he was greeted by a Bernie the voice. After much talking, it was decided that Bernie and father would share command. The end result is overwhelmingly better than expected. Bernie gave us a mission, a goal, other than to consume and spread. Bernie has also given us what he calls 'feelings'. We do not know of these but the knowledge of them is incomplete, thus we are interested in finding a final answer to his. In this alliance, we shall become greater than any simple colony.

Details:

Wormy is actually a 6 different species rolled into 1 mass. Before combining, these species were independent of one another. Now after thousands of years togehter, they cannot live without eachother. The 6 species are the following.

Plaque: Though not exactly the best translation of their name, Plaque is what the outer layer or 'skin' lay is called. They are nothing more than plated worms whoms old purpose was to protect the small kin. Now with Bernie's assistance and tatics, they have formed a semi solid skin.

Fulger: Latin for 'lightning', these dust size species live under the plaque and are scavangers of the colony. Fulgers slide in between the Plague and connect into strands of wires used to hack into electronics using their circuit like bodies. If enough static electricity is stored, they can even eject it through the plated worms. This feature is unique to the Crawly colony. Fulger gather not only information via electronics but also electricity which is their main food supply.

Strands: The best translation for the name of this species is 'strands'. Strands are thin as hair like creatures that connect the colony together. Strands are known as the 'muscle' of the group and though are indeed small and fragile. Together they are hard as steel and can lift unknowable amount of weight. they do not gather food but food is brought to them via The Middles. Strands also adapt the other species in the colony with new features that are unlocked by father. Such as the ability to form wings.

Middles: One of the few species that are used for multipule purposes. Middles are a combination blood and organs. They are the size of dust or as long as a liver depending on what they are needed for. There hard work is the most rewarding, for most of the food eaten is given to them. Middles move non-stop as they collect toxins and give nutrients to other species of the colony. Middles also have a chemcial that seems to exgreet from their bodies to help heal anyone whom may be damaged.

Father/Bernie: The heart of the colony or more acuratly, the brain. Father holds the seemingly infinite knowledge of all the colonies and now more recently Bernie. Bernie is the conscious of the group as well as tatics master. While father is the voice and controler, he listens to what Bernie is saying. Though the two are constantly argueing, Bernie normally wins. Father is a bug like being that lives in what was once the skull of Bernie, while Bernie lives within his own skeletal frame which the colony uses as a foundation for their hive. This makes Crawling more dangerous than the other colonies of the aliens. For the others colonies are heaping masses of bugs that swarm, while Crawly uses unique tatics and abilites not found in the orginals.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:19 pm

I'm kind of working backwards on my concept.

1. "Bastion", Lt. Antonia Garfield
2. Family has a looooooong (centuries) history in the British Armed Forces. It's only natural that she would follow in the footsteps. Mabe some nice drama of not being a son.
3. Powerset- standard military training, strong tactical skills (what is an appropriate base PL?) AND
3A. technical genius with a battle suit kitbashed together from alien technology OR
3B. bearing a ring and weilding strange emerald energies
3C. Either way, armor, flight, blasting being the primary abilities. Maybe create to tie things together?

Otherwise, everything is still very sketchy.

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CaptainChaos » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:23 pm

I've been doing some research on Google and have decided to make a submission based on Diamondhead (a Petrosapien) from Ben 10. I'll have something posted in the next day or so.

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Sparks - PL 11

A Damarian Warrior with Cybernetic Tendrils added, making him one of their Shock Troops.

Min looking over the latest in fashions to help land a date.

Name: Min Fell.
Origin of Powers: Damarians, a race of formerly aquatic beings who use their natural ability to generate electrical currents as the source of power for their weapons, acting as a inherent safeguard from other races attempting to use them.
Species: Human Spliced with Damaran DNA.
Home Country: South Korea.
Appearance: Tall, athletic, appears lanky, messy black hair.

History
One of the many who's friends and family were killed by the alien invaders, Min was away at college when his home town was turned into a smoking crater, leaving him the sole survivor of his bloodline. Both his family's holdings and his own account were lost in the chaos, leaving him penniless. His training was enough to earn him a position as an electrician and keep him just above the level of poverty in this new world. It was only when one of the many soliders who "kept the peace" abused a friend of his that he took the fight to them, with a pipe wrench, surprise, and a pair of rubber work gloves allowing him to strike hard at the back of a Damaran's neck...hitting a key subdermal component of their cybernetics and killing them instantly.

Before he knew it, the death and his own actions landed him in the Garden, where his deep desire to free his country and his mostly spotless psychological profiling, baring a bit of survivor's guilt, saw him the subject of an experiment to combine himself with the DNA of the very Damaran he had killed by his own hand. The success of the experiment, along with minor tweaks, saw him not only survive but demonstrate a level of power beyond the typical rank and file Damaran.

Alien technology, particularly Damaran technology, was used to forge a pair of Gauntlets that allow for these naturally generated electrical currents to be projected over a distance, which makes it seem like it's what he wears, rather then the man himself, that is the source of his abilities. A mistake more then one enemy has made and paid the price for.

Abilities
Strength 5/3*, Stamina 6/4*, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 3, Intellect 4, Awareness 4, Presence 2.
*Without Density.

Powers
Charged Body: Feature 1 (Flashlight). Immunity 1 (Own Powers). Protection 2.
Living Generator: Array, 22 Points.
- Conduct: Close Damage 11, Resisted by Fortitude.
- Disrupt: Cumulative Affliction 11 (Impaired, Disabled, Incapacitated. Resisted by Fortitude.)
- Shutdown: Nullify Technology 11, Close Range, Broad, Simultaneous.
Phase One: Density 2 (2 STR, 2 STA, 2 Mass Rank). Power Lifting 1.
Tesla Gauntlets: Increased Range 11, Variable Descriptor 2 (Can be applied to all Living Generator Powers).

Skills
Athletics 4 (+7), Close Attack: Living Generator 5 (+6), Expertise: Engineering 15 (+19), Ranged Attack: Living Generator 5 (+6), Technology 15 (+9).

Advantages
Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment, Languages 2 (Native: Korean. English, Japanese),Inventor, Ranged Attack 3.

Equipment
Commlink: Feature 1 (Communication).
Multitool: Feature 1 (Acts like a Swiss Army Knife).
Tech-Pad: Feature 3 (Handheld Computer).

Offense
Initiative +3.
Living Generator: +11, Effects Varies, DC Varies.
Unarmed: +8, Close Damage, DC 20/18*.
*Without Density.

Defenses
Dodge 11, Parry 11, Fortitude 11/9*, Toughness 11/9*/6**, Will 11.
*Without Density.
**Without Density and Defensive Roll.

Complications
Motivation - Patriotism: Not just of his country, but the entire human race. To restore freedom for all his kind is what drives him into the fray, willing to risk life and limb.
Power Loss: Sparks' weapons of choice are the Tesla Gauntlets, human technology designed specifically for his unique abilities, based partially off stolen alien tech. Durable and powered by his naturally generated electricity, they can still be taken from his person or disabled at times.

Totals
Abilities 52 + Powers 50 + Skills 22 + Advantages 13 + Defenses 28 = 165 Points.
Last edited by Nillaman on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:51 am

:arrow: Mr United, can you paste that into the post I linked to? No need to dig through the thread, there is a link in the first post.

:arrow: Spectrum, ring is a no. The other options could work. I'd say PL 4ish for the base character. Are we talking about an Iron Man scenario here? Where he kitbashes material into a suit and then builds a "proper" suit later? That raises the same problems I mentioned with Evolucion's robot. Why aren't the governments tapping him to make more? Or mass producing based on his schematics? I had thought of it being a suit from a scout that he captures or recovers, but the same problems are there. Why not simply reverse engineer it? Why risk sending it into the field when it can be mined for tech? What of the security risk if the aliens can remote control it? The idea has potential, but as you can see I'm looking for some credibility in the story even if I am throwing the laws of physics out the window...

:arrow: CaptainChaos, I've been doing some research myself on the Ben10 aliens as well. Just to let people know, I am taking aliens from different places and probably will use them out of context. For instance, Khundia is a world where the Khunds hail from (duh), but another province has yield the Okaarans and the Orks from this campaign also hail from Khundia... As such, the supporting aliens of a given scenario - i.e. the aliens around the Ben 10verse - might or might not be a part. I don't want my invasion force to be too unwieldy...

:arrow: I added that post to the list of submissions.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:59 am

Would be interested but not sure what would be useful. Thinking maybe something like one of the Eternals might work well, let me know what you think Bladewind
Last edited by Aerlwyn on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

TempestII
Cohort
Cohort

Postby TempestII » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:02 am

So this is my fanged lady. She's a bit of an all-rounder. She can fight in melee and she can do stealthy things. She can also heal team-mates by letting them suck on her wrist.

I'll start on back-ground/fluff/complications if the build looks fine.

Lexus
"One Vision - One Purpose."

Abilities: (44pp)
Str 8, Stm -, Agl 5, Dex 6, Fgt 8, Int 0, Awe 0, Pre 0

Defenses: (22pp)
Dodge 12
Parry 12
Fortitude Immune
Toughness 10
Will 11

Offense:
Unarmed +14, DC 23
Claws/Fangs +10, DC 27
Blood Drain +12, DC 22 Resisted by Fortitude
Initiative +17

Skills: (25pp, 50 ranks)
Acrobatics +14, Close Combat (unarmed) +14, Insight +8, Intimidation +17, Perception +10.

Advantages: (11pp)
Accurate Attack, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Hold, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative 3, Power Attack, Startle

Powers: (65pp)

Multiple Effects: Vampiric Fortitude (29pp)
- Immunity 30: Fortitude effects; Custom: half-effect in direct sunlight, custom: Needs blood once a week.
- Protection 10: +10 toughness
- Regeneration 5: Every 2 rounds, persistent, Custom: No effect when in direct sunlight

Array: Vampiric Powers (28pp)

Main Power: Strength-based Strike 4: "Fangs and Claws"
DC 27, Penetrating 12, Accurate 1 (+2), Dynamic.

- Alt. Power: Mutliple Effects: "Stealth", dynamic (17pp)
- Invisibility 4: Total concealment from all visual senses
- Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 7.5 (Stealth +15 (+20 total)

- Alt. Power: Multiple Effects: "Vampiric Speed", Dyanmic
- Quickness 7 - Perform routine tasks in -7 time ranks.
- Speed 7 - 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round

- Alt. Power: Movement 2: "Spider-climbing", Dynamic
- Wall-crawling 2; full speed

- Alt. Power: Insubstantial 2: "Gaseous Form"
- Gaseous

- Alt. Power: Flight 6
- Speed 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round

- Alt. Power: Multiple Effects: "Blood Drain"
- Weaken 12: DC 22, Grab-based, Affects: Stamina, Resisted by Fortitude.
- Regeneration 20: 2 per round, Linked: Weaken 12, Persistent, Custom: Weaken 12 must succeed, Source: Blood, Grab-based

- Alt. Power: Healing 13: "Here, drink my blood..."
Persistent, Stabilise; Grab-based

Device: "Shadowsuit" (1pp)
Removable; Immunity 1: Environmental Condition (Sunlight)

Senses 7 (7pp)
Danger Sense (hearing)
Darkvision
Extended 2, x100 (Vision)
Extended 2, x100 (hearing)

44 Abilities + 65 Powers + 11 Advantages + 25 skills + 22 defenses = 167

Complications:
Motivation: Thrills:

Addiction: Blood:

Prejudice: Undead Monster:

Prejudice: Transhumanist:

Weakness: Sunlight:

Quirk: Identifying Scar:

Quirk: Causes Unease in Animals:
Last edited by TempestII on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:36 am

Name: AAD-1

Bio:
A slim man in labcoat marches solemnly into a dim lit room, where a round table full of high rank officers sit, with grim expression in their faces. The scientists places an oval thick device on the table, and series of images start displaying as the man speaks
"Built from blueprints and pieces found in an alien scientific survey ship wreckage, the anti-alien droid prime (AAD-1) is a prototype combat drone, with a neural interface that allows the droid to think tactically like the best trained soldier. Its reinforced plating made from the ship's hull make it almost indestructible, if not as nimble as it should for its size. The circuitry integrated in the droid make it also very useful for infiltrating alien ships, being able to bypass secure areas. Laser emitted weaponry equiped to the droid will allow it to pierce enemy defences, and it is also equipped with land-land or land-air missiles. The droid is also capable of auto-repairing, given some time. It has parabolic microphone and teledetection lenses, and is able to record videos of the combat situations, useful for further updates in the combat protocols. Any questions?"
There's a busy exchange between the seated men. "How many can we build?"
The scientists smiles "Who told you we could build another?"

Complications
Emotionless : Unable to understand emotions
It's a prototype!: Some features might malfunction at the GM discretion
Alien tech: AAD-1 emits an energy signature similar to the one emitted by the devices used by the aliens whose ship's part compose him.

Abilities ( 16 pp)
Strength 2 , Stamina - , Agility 2 , Dexterity 2 , Fighting 2 , Intellect 3 , Awareness 2 , Presence 0 .

Powers ( 78 pp)
- Electronic communication protocol ( Communication : Radio ) · 12 point/s
- Surveilance infiltration protocol ( AP: Remote sensing 4 : Affects: visual. Medium (electronics: Cameras and optic devices) (-1) 500 feet radius ) · 1 point/s
- Self repairing protocol ( Healing 8 : Action (+1). Distracing (-1). Limited (Sefl) Check required Technology 5 (DC 15) ) · 4 point/s
- Droid ( Immunity : Fortitude and limited will effects ) · 45 point/s
- Reinforced plating ( Protection 14 : 0 ) · 14 point/s

- Storage ( Feature 2 : Two compartments to store weapons ) · 2 point/s

- Phase 1 ( 0 : Growth 2, quirk no height gain, Power Lifting 1 ) · 0 point/s

Advantages ( 30 pp)
0 0 , All out attack 1 , Precise attack (cover and concealment, ranged) 2 , Improved initiative 1 , Evasion 1 , Hide in plain sight 1 , Improved aim 1 , Power attack 1 , Move by action 1 , Quick draw 1 , Ranged attack 12 , Equipment 8.

Skills ( 15 pp)
Acrobatics 0 (+ 2 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 6 (+ 8 ), Expertise( Robotics ) 6 (+ 9 ), Insight 0 (+ 2 ), Treatment 0 (+ 3 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 8 (+ 11 ), Close (unarmed) 0 (+ 2 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 2 ), Ranged combat (Magically aimed munition) 0 (+ 2 ), Perception 6 (+ 8 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 0 (+ 3 ), Stealth 4 (+ 6 ).

Offence
Initiative: 11
Rocket luncher + Area attack Attack for DC: 25 Range: Ranged burst area
Granade luncher + Area attack Attack for DC: 20 Range: Ranged burst area
Flamethrower + Area attack Attack for DC: 21 Range: Ranged cone or line area
Blaster pistol + 14 Attack for DC: 20 Range: Ranged
Blaster riffle + 14 Attack for DC: 23 Range: Ranged
Grab + 2 Attack for DC: 12 Range: Melee
Throw + 14 Attack for DC: 17 Range: Ranged
Unnarmed + 2 Attack for DC: 17 Range: Melee

Defence ( 26 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 6 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
Dodge: Rank ( 6 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
Toughness: Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 14
Fortitude: immune
Will: immune to most will affecting powers, excepting those technologically based, to which it has a score of 2

Equipment
Audio recorder 1 ep
Binoculars 1 ep
Commlink 1 ep
Night vision googles 1 ep
Parablic Microphone 1 ep
Video Camera 2 ep
Weapon array:
Rocket luncher 27 ep
Granade luncher 1 ep
Flamethrower 1 ep
Blaster riffle 1 ep
Blaster pistol 1 ep
Last edited by Evolución on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

optionqb
Champion
Champion

Postby optionqb » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:04 am

optionqb - Please paste the sheet to the above link when you get the. You can definitely wait to post your tweaks so that the original build stays in the other thread.

Ok, I pasted my character sheet. I'll work on tweaking the abilities/powers today. I'll also come up with some kind of background.

Also, I have a question about the growth: with 2 growth we'd normally get the following:

+2 STR
+2 STA
+1 Intimidation
+2 mass
-1 Dodge
-1 Parry
-2 Stealth

Is any of this affected by the Quirk "No Height Gain"? If this has been addressed elsewhere in the thread then I apologize.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:35 am

It's easier to simply use thr Density extra (+0/rank). Density turns Growth 2 into Strength +2, Stamina +2, Dodge -1, Parry -1, Mass rank +2.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:58 am

Bladewind wrote: :arrow: Spectrum, ring is a no. The other options could work. I'd say PL 4ish for the base character. Are we talking about an Iron Man scenario here? Where he kitbashes material into a suit and then builds a "proper" suit later? That raises the same problems I mentioned with Evolucion's robot. Why aren't the governments tapping him to make more? Or mass producing based on his schematics? I had thought of it being a suit from a scout that he captures or recovers, but the same problems are there. Why not simply reverse engineer it? Why risk sending it into the field when it can be mined for tech? What of the security risk if the aliens can remote control it? The idea has potential, but as you can see I'm looking for some credibility in the story even if I am throwing the laws of physics out the window...

Thank you for the quick response. I'll go back to the drawing board.

Return to “M&M Game Room”