Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - Recruiting

Postby Bladewind » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:54 am

optionqb wrote:+2 STR
+2 STA
+1 Intimidation
+2 mass
-1 Dodge
-1 Parry
-2 Stealth

Is any of this affected by the Quirk "No Height Gain"? If this has been addressed elsewhere in the thread then I apologize.

No, this is exactly what I am giving you. In effect, the decrease in stealth is due to the extra weight the extra intimidation is due to the fact that the rank and file aliens know who you are and accord you a little more respect/ fear than they do ordinary soldiers...

:arrow: Evolucion, TempestII - I will get back to you when I have a chance to look over the builds.

:arrow: Spectrum, didn`t want to scare you off your idea. Evolucion made his robot work, your armor might be workable too...

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - Closed to new intere

Postby Bladewind » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:00 am

Anyone who has posted a build or already posted interest is welcome to tweak those builds or post them if not done so. (I think there are one or two people who expressed interest early on but haven`t submitted a build, you are still welcome to do so.)

Considering that there are already eleven submissisons with at least one more in the works, I need to close the open recruiting for my sanity. As stated, if your name and intent is on the thread before this post I will definitely consider your character.

I will be deciding on the cut-off for submissions over the week-end.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:10 am

Editted Dr. Greene, I had taken into account the -1 defenses, but not the -2 stealth.

Also, please let me know if it is appropriate to add a specialized Well Informed (using Expertise:aliens), to reflect that Amanda has been studying the various alien races intently and would know of their capabilities. However, if this is information that will already be provided and this advantage would have little use, please let me know that as well, I can use that point elsewhere.

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:56 am

I'm gonna have to shelve my reformed alien idea. I just can't find a good alien species to use, at least not one that I can put together a character build for. Good luck everyone.

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:12 pm

flynnarrel wrote:Editted Dr. Greene, I had taken into account the -1 defenses, but not the -2 stealth.

Also, please let me know if it is appropriate to add a specialized Well Informed (using Expertise:aliens), to reflect that Amanda has been studying the various alien races intently and would know of their capabilities. However, if this is information that will already be provided and this advantage would have little use, please let me know that as well, I can use that point elsewhere.

That`s an interesting idea. If you do take the Advantage, I`d say it gives you 1 rank of the Expertise skill in addition to account for the reduced cost of the Advantage (it being limited).

Having said that, Expertise: Aliens should covert the matter for all intents and purposes.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:43 pm

I'll just stick with the high skill.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Aerlock wrote:I'm gonna have to shelve my reformed alien idea. I just can't find a good alien species to use, at least not one that I can put together a character build for. Good luck everyone.

- Aerlock

Pity. Let me know if you come up with an alternate. You are in the list of interested parties...

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - Recruiting

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Bladewind wrote:No, this is exactly what I am giving you. In effect, the decrease in stealth is due to the extra weight the extra intimidation is due to the fact that the rank and file aliens know who you are and accord you a little more respect/ fear than they do ordinary soldiers...

I don't quite get your reasoning here. Mostly since having more mass does not make one less stealthy. You're just as hard to spot if anyone else if you size is still normal, and your ability to follow people is the same despite how heavy you are. You just need to look inconspicuous. The main reason the growth power decreased stealth anyways was because it's much harder to hide and remain unnoticed or inconspicuous in a crowd when you are much bigger than other people. Growth also enhanced Intimidation because people who can tower over you are scarier. Without the height gain, it makes little sense to enhance Intimidation. Rank and file aliens shouldnlt always know who we are (not at first anyways), and even then, I doubt such knowledge would cause them to 'respect' us nor would it cause them to fear us (because, again, the aliena have people just like us with pretty mucht he same abilities and stuff). If anything, I figure it would be simply a situational modifier that doesn't always apply. So, I don't really see why you don't just use the Density modifier on the power which would make more sense.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:46 pm

The Growth without height change is basically Permanent Growth with the Density Increase +0 mod... which as I recall, removes the bonuses and penalties to defenses, stealth and intimidation.

I did the above.
Impeach the peach!

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Considering that the penalties negate each other, I have no issue with you including or ignoring it.
I will likely go in today and simply write it out completely in the house rules.

I thought Growth with no height gain would be simple... :| :roll:

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Bladewind, a thought.

Perhaps the Phase One power, when active, transforms the characters into their alien-human hybrid forms? It's not needed to activate their powers, but the display is meant to intimidate, and in many cases, it horrifies their enemies to see such monstrous beings come to life.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:58 pm

An interesting thought, but one I`ll leave to the individual players.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:09 pm

Eh. Reach Infiltrator equipment is freaky anyways. But again, I'm not sure how the sudden appearance of black and azure strands reaching from all about Willy, tearing out of his back as they writhe all over him, solidifying into a suit of armor, and growing to cover his whole. Freaky to normal humans, sure, but to aliens who deal with this weirdness quite often? I'm not sure how it would phase them.

A question comes to mind: do we start out being known as an anti-alien strikeforce, or is our exostence still unknown to the world (and otherworlders) at large?

optionqb
Champion
Champion

Postby optionqb » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Ok, I altered the Marian's skills and I believe the math checks out. I also added a little fluff. Please let me know if anything is goofy/inconsistent. I can continue to modify as needed.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:29 pm

I had a spark if inspiration! Strike my last character idea, for I am making a Human-Dalek character. EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Return to “M&M Game Room”