The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Locked
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by Arkrite » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:00 pm

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie
HP: 3 Status: Injured

Harry helps her up to her knees and gives Maggie a hug, "It's alright, Maggie. You can relax now. It'll be okay."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by flynnarrel » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:25 pm

Maggie

The litany seems to quiet down in the fatherly embrace of the Canadian. "It's... over? Did I... hurt anyone?"
Seems like it should be a roll, like, Perception DC 15 or 20 to observe that the metal was actively missing people and only hitting imps and demons.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by Arkrite » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:47 pm

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie
HP: 3 Status: Injured

Harry looks around, "I don't think so. I was standing right in the middle of it and the only thing that touched me was an imp. Nobody I could see was hurt, just the Imps and the demon."
OOC: Perception check (1d20+12=13)
Apparently he was a little distracted.

User avatar
Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by Mechmaster » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Mechmaster wrote:Dr. Milo Whittman
Hp: 1 Condition: Normal

After the battle was over, Milo had to fight the urge to run to check on Rachel. Security said the threat was gone and he trusted their judgement. However, it was Harry made his announcement that helped Milo refocus on the task at hand.
Looking around at the remains of the cafeteria, he picked up a nearby chair before standing on it so everyone could see him.
"Anyone who is injured please come see me. If anyone is too injured to move or is unresponsive, please direct me to them. "
OOC: I'd like to do a Routine Check for Treatment if that is possible. But if I need a roll,
Treatment check: 1d20+12=16
Last edited by Mechmaster on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by flynnarrel » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:30 am

Maggie

She takes the news impassively. She still doesn't seem entirely coherent.

"I'd like to go for my treatment now, Harry, can I go? Maybe with Dr. Harris?" Maggie asks

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by Arkrite » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:54 am

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie
HP: 3 Status: Injured

"Soon," Harry promises, "We have to wait for security to clear the building and then we can go find Dr. Harris."

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 8135
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by EnigmaticOne » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Toby Chesterfield
HP: 1 / LP: 3
COND: -2, Fatigued

And the imps went down more and more in the background. Toby moved in on the two women fighting. "Cassandra, let go of the guest please. You're scaring her and the children." Once Cassandra did so, Toby moved in between them, and turned to Quyen to help her up.

"I don't know what's going on, but I reiterate: You are safe here. Whatever mischief Cassandra has been up to here DOES NOT involve you. Also, I think your children need a hug."
Persuasion: 1d20+14 21
Add +2 for Attractive if it counts.
Impeach the peach!

Image

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9984
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 am

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by EPIC » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Darklite
Allyson Valentine
HP: 0 -> 1 Status: -2 DMG Res, Fatigued

With combat over and the immediate threat neutralized, Allyson takes a moment to breathe. Looking around as everyone begins to recover, her eyes cross over Maggie and she walks with purpose towards the magnetic ex-villainess, setting her with a hard glare. She speaks hard, but keeps her voice low enough so only those near by would hear it, rather than announcing to the entire room what was happening here. "What the HELL were you thinking? You could have hurt someone, KILLED someone unleashing an attack like that."

She glowers at the woman, no longer wrapped in a corona of colored lights, but looking mighty irked, slightly battered, and clearly fatigued from the combat.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by Arkrite » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:31 pm

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie
HP: 3 Status: Injured

Harry closed his eyes and took a moment to clear his thoughts. Maggie was already clearly having enough trouble without somebody exacerbating the issue, and there wasn't much he could do to

He opened his eyes and carefully looked over his shoulder to Darklite, and calmly says, "There is a time and a place for this conversation."

He pointedly looks at the obviously distraught woman in his arms, then to the UN group and the reporters, then the students and then the damaged room.

"Is this, in your opinion, the best time or the best place for this conversation?" He asks looking Darklite in the eyes, still stroking Maggie's reassuringly shoulder with one hand.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9984
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 am

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by EPIC » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:51 pm

Darklite
Allyson Valentine
HP: 1 Status: -2 DMG Res, Fatigued

Darklite narrows her eyes at Harry. "Given her situation and past, perhaps it is better she been being talked to about such a dangerous tactic, so the public doesn't get the idea that we condone such dangerous actions and just let anyone off the hook.

She sweeps her arm around. To anyone watching, but unable to hear, it looks like she's just indicating and gesticulating to the room in general, perhaps indicating the dangerous area attack unleashed. "Telling the press 'she will be spoken to' isn't always good enough, and even if they don't hear what's being said, SEEING it happening will prevent her reputation from taking a hit it really does not need to take. The fact is she DIDN'T hurt anyone unintentionally, so we can be thankful for that, but clearly she needs to be more careful, and showing the press that we don't take things like that lightly or just sweep it behind a closed door doesn't hurt either..understand?"

User avatar
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by Coyotzin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:32 pm

The Cafeteria

Security personnel and two nurses arrived into the cafeteria and helped Milo treat the wounded. Other than the UN delegate that had been possessed and transformed, nobody had more than bruises and scratches. Milo could tell that the demonic ex-vessel was alive, but his life signs were weak, his body overtaxed by whatever the demon had done to him.

Meanwhile, Cassandra looked at Toby, then at the opponent she had immobilized, and then at a little boy looking at them very scared. She nodded at Toby and let go, stepping back apparently relaxed, but Toby knew she was ready to act again. The cook stood up in a single movement and eyed Cassandra with a hateful look.

"Mommy...?" The boy said, and the woman closed her eyes and sighed deeply, then went to pick the child up. Only then did Cassandra fully relax.

"Well, then... this was certainly interesting." Lois Lane walked slowly. She was carrying a little girl in her arms that was gripping her blouse like a lifeboat. "I can't wait to hear what you try to spin out of this."

"It would seem the Foundation's security has a hole." One of the UN delegates separated from the main group. It spoke volumes of the UNESCO and UNICEF that they were now in full field emergency mode and quickly had the children organized and checked by Milo and the Foundation's nurses.

"Magic, yeah." Traci interjected and shook her hand, making her staff disappear. "I did note the lack of wards, but hey, it's not like there's any Eldritch Security Company where you can... ah, well, there actually is one, buy they are really expensive, and you only get them if you have some heavy-duty magic thingie you want to protect."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by flynnarrel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:06 am

Maggie
"KILL HER!!!"
Maggie closes her eyes, covers her face in her hands and weeps silently, shuddering every now and then. She had no response to the rainbow woman's tirade. She couldn't defend her actions.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 11094
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by Arkrite » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:59 pm

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie
HP: 3 Status: Injured

Harry stands up and levels Darklite with a cold, disappointed look.

"I'm sorry, you wanted the press to see you belittling and humiliating a hero who saved their lives multiple times?" Harry asked lifting Maggie into his arms and heading towards the door, "Nobody here was injured by her, in fact because of her most of these people aren't injured at all. And her actions probably saved all of our lives. Yours included."

"What she lacks isn't control, she has that in spades. You can see the evidence of that in this room. What she's lacking is confidence."


Harrys voice lowers, "And if you want to continue this conversation I suggest you go speak to the Director. Because as far as I'm concerned this conversation is over."

With that he walks out towards the security guard in charge of the Cafeteria, "Excuse me, are we allowed to enter the hallways again?"

User avatar
Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by Mechmaster » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Dr. Milo Whittman
Hp: 1 Condition: Normal

As Milo tended to the injured, he asked one of the security guards to make sure that no one else in the Foundation was hurting. He also quietly asked for someone to check on Rachel for him.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9984
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 am

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Post by EPIC » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:37 am

Darklite
Allyson Valentine
HP: 1 Status: -2 DMG Res, Fatigued
"I'm sorry, you wanted the press to see you belittling and humiliating a hero who saved their lives multiple times?" Harry asked lifting Maggie into his arms and heading towards the door, "Nobody here was injured by her, in fact because of her most of these people aren't injured at all. And her actions probably saved all of our lives. Yours included."
She lifts her hand and extends her powers, blocking Harry from walking away from her by erecting a half domed wall of energy and returns Harry's glare levelly to the back of his head, speaking coldly, still low enough so only Maggie and Harry should hear. "Watch yourself old man, and consider your words with more care. The situation was well under control, and I wasn't done speaking to her before you interrupted me."
"What she lacks isn't control, she has that in spades. You can see the evidence of that in this room. What she's lacking is confidence."
"Evidence? She looked panicked and desperate, then promptly collapsed. This 'control in spades' you speak of barely held during that metal storm. If that's what you consider acceptable control, perhaps you need some reevaluation. Maggie, don't misunderstand, for the sheer number of objects flying around, that no-one but the demon and those smaller imps things were hit is nothing short of impressive, but it was far more force than was necessary at the time. You need more practice at it before you use anything like that in future battles, and you need to consider when force like that is actually necessary." she arches a brow. "That is what I had intended to continue with, if the Shield hadn't seen fit to interrupted me."
Harrys voice lowers, "And if you want to continue this conversation I suggest you go speak to the Director. Because as far as I'm concerned this conversation is over."
"I've said what I need to, to Maggie, and to you. I suggest in the future that you don't interrupt and try to undermine what others say before they are finished speaking."

She releases the curved quarter dome of energy, dismissing the Canadian hero to go on his way as she turns to go check on the civilians, her expression as neutral as usual, not letting on about her exchange with the Shield.

Locked