The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Postby EnigmaticOne » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:01 am

Toby Chesterfield
HP: 1 / LP: 3
COND: -2, Fatigued

Toby would have wanted to have Darklite and the Shield save their conversation for later, but Lois Lane and the UN delegates did not give him that opportunity. "No, you're right. It is a hole. One that can be patched though."

He turned and smiled at Traci. "I appreciate your volunteering further to help us shore up this inadvertent gap."

Fine, it was pressuring, but he doubted she'd have much reason to disagree. And frankly, as she had admitted, there wasn't much else to go to, so the Foundation would have to draw on their volunteers quite likely for security sakes.
Impeach the peach!

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Dr. D.E. Mente

Postby Evolución » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:21 am

Saying that Mente was almost as petrified in fear as the literally petrified imps would be to make justice to the scene. There have been few situations where the doctor didn't know exactly what to do. This was one of them. Trying not to look at Lyta in the eyes, rather her reflection on medicament's metal tray laying on the floor, Mente tried to approach her verbally, while making gestures to the lantern to stay down, and shield her eyes.
"Lyta, its us, Dr. Mente and Jennifer, we are your friends. Everything's alright now, you defeated your foes. You are safe now, relax, let us take you to your bed where you can rest." He tilted his head towards Jessica, to see if she could help him talking Lyta down. That was the first priority, he didn't want the foundation to become a statue garden, specially if he was going to be the first human size figure. After that they could try to solve yet another puzzle, how did she ended up with the metahuman power of the greek gorgons.

Persuasion: 34

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:45 am

The Cafeteria

"Uhm... let me check." The security guard had a raised eyebrow at the energy dome that momentarily blocked the Shield's way. He turned away, his finger pressed to his ear, and nodded repeatedly. "All right, everyone!"

Once the guard had people's attention, he continued.

"The facilities are secure; Doctor Whittman, please take all injured to the hospital ward. Everybody else, please come with us; we need to do a routine debriefing before you are allowed to leave the facilities. The teleportation pads are fully operational and will take you home as soon as you're clear."

As one of the nurses helped Milo prop the unconscious UN delegate on a gurney, she informed him that Rachel was fine. There had been an attack in the hospital ward, but the little demons seemed focused on finding something and left most people alone after giving them a fright.

Cassandra stood aside, the rest of the students giving her a wide berth after watching her fight. Tim joined her and they were discussing something in whispers. Any attempt to eavesdrop was ruined by Booster Gold speaking aloud how everyone was safe now and he was free for photo ops. Blue Beetle just sighed, but remained armored; he started straightening out the bunker of tables and trays back into something resembling furniture, keeping an eye on Toby and Traci.

"Oh, you're a smooth one, eh?" Traci grinned at the young lawyer. "I'll be happy to help, but there's not much I can do. Wards are very specific things, and very complicated. I can ward a room against demons, but it won't do spit against ghosts or other beasties, and then I can only protect a single room. Warding the entire complex would take months of continuous work, and I do kind of have a life. Besides, in order to make the wards permanent I'd need to do some serious geomantic calculations, and those are not my strong point, and I would need to know where we are exactly so I could plot the ley lines..."

"That will not be necessary Miss Thirteen." She was interrupted by the arrival of Loren Jupiter. "The matter of protecting the Foundation from magical intrusions will be covered shortly with the arrival of our main sponsors; you are more than welcome to stay and help us in an advisory manner if you wish to sign a retainer contract, we are sorely lacking in magical expertise."

"Ladies and gentlemen." Jupiter turned to the journalists and the UN people. "I'm deeply sorry you had to go through this, and I expect your cooperation on figuring out how this attack came to be. After all, the catalyst was smuggled inside by one of your people. We can transfer him to the hospital of your choice after our medical staff finds him stable for travel, and after he answers some questions. Otherwise I'm afraid the official visit has to be cut short. As my officer said, we just want to ask you some questions and you will be free to go."

The Hospital Ward

"I don't know..." Lyta whimpered, hiding behind her knees. "I don't know what's going on, Jennie..."

Lyta raised her eyes, which made her green-skinned friend flinch, but nothing happened; Jade remained flesh rather than stone. She looked questioningly at Dr. Mente. Lyta's eyes were reddened, but that was from crying, and her matted platinum blond hair was composed of perfectly normal keratine and was not moving on its own.

Jennifer rushed to her side and helped her back on the bed, avoiding the stone imps on the floor and trying to calm her friend.

"Doctor!" A nurse poked her hair and gasped at the sight, but recovered her composure quickly. "They are bringing people hurt from the attack, we're going to need all hands to help the wounded."

OOC: Again, you have a few paths to pursue in addition to any personal activity you want to do. Question the UN people and college students? Peruse security footage? Join Loren Jupiter and Traci 13 to welcome the mysterious sponsors he spoke about? Figure out what are Tim and Cass planning? (they'll have to go along the students before they are cleared, but they will obviously play dumb if questioned in public), etc., etc., etc.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:55 am

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie
HP: 3 Status: Injured

Harry nodded as security cleared them to go, only pausing long enough to pass by Jupiter and in a quiet voice say, "When you're free, later, I need a moment of your time."

Then he quickly excuses himself to help Maggie find Dr. Harris

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:18 am

Maggie

Maggie's unresponsive to any further scolding. Ever with eyes closed she flinches occasionally as if being struck physically or shouted at by an unseen abuser.

She hopes Dr. Harris would be there soon but would not be surprised should the authorities come and finally invoke the Death Penalty against her. She'd hurt people; She'd verbally bullied them; But all that was symptoms of the bigger problem; She'd given in, albeit briefly, to... the Bad Girl. Dr. Harris had tried on many names for it over their time together - Neural Polar Regression, Degradation of Encephalomagnetic Pathways, Telluric Destabilization, for the slight breaking down process that time in the machine corrects. Dr. Harris is a fool using big words to make himself sound important, a petty man clinging to one success with the arrogance to think it matters, he inserts long words into things to overcompensate for a short... span of time to have accomplished so much, it's really quite a Brilliant career. Unlike the length of history that someone like Harry has seen in his time as the Canadian Shield. The amount of people he's helped over the years is staggering... to the ground as his old body would be falling apart if that shield relic of his were flung into outer space to be burnt up in the sun. He's an old codger clinging to the Ben-gay stinking reek of his past who lucked in to a magic bauble that even he admits has caused no end of grief in his life. He'd be grateful for someone to end his suffering early... to bed and early to rise makes a gal healthy and wealthy and wise is what my mother would always say... I'd amount to no good, I should go back and chain her to a sinking cran... ial recalibration is what I need, it'll all be better then.

Maggie passes out.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Dr. D.E. Mente

Postby Evolución » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:19 am

"Sure, I'll be on my way. I'll re-position you here permanently Maria, you are to stay in the room your whole shift, I'll find an alternate for the rest of the time later today." Mente told the nurse. He approached Jennifer and Lyta for a moment. "I'm required elsewhere, this breach seems to have been bigger than I thought. Will you two be fine on your own for a while? Maria is one of the best nurses in the complex, she'll take good care of you. I'll be back when I can." and with that, and his limited speed, Mente rushed to the main ward. His previous attempt at speed had left his legs throbbing painfully, and his new attempt to gain something similar to normal ground speed reminded him of his inability to do so.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Toby Chesterfield
HP: 1 / LP: 3
COND: -2, Fatigued

"Well, I really do appreciate it." Toby told Traci, "Even if you're not on the hook after all." He sighed, and went to find Tim and Cassie. It was time they became more helpful.
Impeach the peach!

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:49 pm

Darklite
Allyson Valentine
HP: 1 Status: -2 DMG Res, Fatigued

Allyson needed to speak to Loren, but he was rather busy at the moment, and could sometimes be tricky to track down. Her best bet was to follow in his wake and catch him when he had a spare minute, so for the time being, she follows along with his entorage.

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Mechmaster » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Dr. Milo Whittman
Hp: 1 Condition: Normal

Milo breathed a sigh of relief that Rachel wasn't hurt. Now that he knew she was safe, he lead the injured to the medical wing and had some of the nurses tend to the various people with minor injuries while he and some of the more experienced nurses tended to the severely injured delegate.

OOC: Treatment: 1d20+12=27

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:14 pm

The Hospital Ward

"Dear God, that man never listens." The nurse left with Lyta and Jennifer rolled her eyes. "Listen, sweetie; I need to go and help with the wounded, but I'll be looking at the monitor very closely if you need anything, okay?"

Given that the injuries people had sustained were limited to minor scratches and bruises, the sense of urgency in the ward as of the calm and efficient kind. Milo and the unconscious UN delegate arrived and were received promptly.

"Mister Mackenzie!" Dr. Harris intercepted the Shield just as they were bringing in Maggie in a stretcher. "How is Maggie? I mean... Did she...?" He lowered his voice. "Did she revert...?"

Foundation Hallways

Loren Jupiter walked calmly, answering questions from the various heads of staff that caught up to ask for answers or for directions.

"Miss Valentine." He looked back with a grandfatherly smile. "What can I do for you? I'm on my way to welcome our sponsors; would you care to walk with me?""

Meeting Room 1

It wasn't hard to get Cassandra and Tim alone in the briefing room; after all, security had told the visitors they would be doing exactly this before sending them on their way. Other security people were conducting the interviews with the rest of the students, so this wouldn't be holding the line.

"So." Tim said, leaning on the table. "You have a magic catalyst, and half a dozen magic portal keys; all carried by unknowing transporters who just happened to be visiting the Foundation on the same day. I'm confident that all the stories will sound alike; none of the people with the portal keys knew what the hell they had, only that they were cool. I'm pretty sure they won't remember any detail about who gave or sold them. You might have better luck with the UN delegate, but if I were you, and had my resources, I'd start looking into that man's family and personal associates. But I'm not you, and you don't have my resources, so... what are we going to do next?"

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:29 pm

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie

"She was injured, superficially, then then lashed out at the invading monsters with a room full of metal implements," Harry notes, trying to keep out of the medical professional's ways while still holding onto Maggie's hand, "She then had a bit of a breakdown because she thought she might have hurt somebody. She didn't hurt anybody."

His face turns sour, "And then one of the defenders figured it was the best time to give her a dressing down."

"She was pretty much catatonic at that point, pleading to see you to have a session."

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:41 am

Darklite
Allyson Valentine
HP: 1 Status: -2 DMG Res, Fatigued

Allyson nods and fall in step with Loren. As they walk, she leans a little closer and speaks low. "When you're not busy, I need to speak to you. It's more of a private matter."

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Dr. DE Mente

Postby Evolución » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:37 am

Mente arrived late of course. The most wounded poeple were already being taken care of, and everything seemed alright; most wounds were scratches, although there were lots of them. He walked around, assisting when he could.
Eventually, he caught eyes with the Shield, as he was talking to Harris, with an unconsious Maggie on a stretcher.
He approached, his cane announcing his arrival.
He gave an acknowledge nod to both men, having overheard Shield's explanation. "That can't be good in her condition. But for what I heard she's still within the treatment parameters. That's good." he cleared his throat. "Can I speak with you for a moment Mackenzie? Time is at the essence and I need to get to the wounded soon. It's about Lyta..."

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:27 am

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie

Harry hesitated, not wishing to leave Maggie's side, but the truth of the matter was that there was little he could do for her and with Doctor Harris here she was in good hands. Lyta, on the other hand, still needed help.

He nodded, "Of course, Doctor."

He gave Maggie's hand a reassuring squeeze and gently placed her hand back onto her lap before moving to the side to speak with Doctor Mente.

"How is Lyta?"

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:49 am

Can we assume Dr. Harris bundles Maggie off to the TMS machine they have in the Foundation?

Return to “M&M Game Room”