Marvel/DCU crossover: The Rift (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Marvel/DCU crossover: The Rift (3e Recruiting/Interest)

Post by Neo-Paladin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:46 pm

Go ahead.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:51 pm

Will see what i can come up with.

JeminiZero
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by JeminiZero » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:19 am

I am thinking of submitting a mage of some sort. What is the situation on merged universe Dr Strange / Dr Fate? Who holds the title of Sorcerer Supreme?

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Neo-Paladin » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:45 am

Strange. Dr. Fate is certainly just as powerful, but as the guardian of the balance between Order and Chaos he has enough on his plate, happily leaving the position to Strange.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Post by jemal » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:04 am

Amalgamated character! Name him "strange fate"

Insurgent Phoenix
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by Insurgent Phoenix » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:46 am

Well....dang. Alrighty then, I guess I shall gracefully withdraw.

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Neo-Paladin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:19 pm

Ok, just a little update...recruitment will end on Saturday the 4th, after which no more submissions will be accepted. I will then look over the completed charsheets over the weekend and then decide either on Sunday or Monday.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:32 pm

Borrowed this build from Tattooedman's version of Deathstroke.

Deathstroke - PL 10

Strength 6, Stamina 7, Agility 8, Dexterity 7, Fighting 10, Intellect 1, Awareness 4, Presence 1

Offense
Initiative +12
Energy Blast: Blast 8, +12 (DC 23)
Flash Bang Grenades: Burst Area Affliction 4 (DC Fort 14)
Fragmentation Grenades: Burst Area Blast 5 (DC 20)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 16)
Heavy Pistol: Blast 4, +12 (DC 19)
Sleep Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 4 (DC Fort 14)
Staff Strike: Strength-based Strike 3, +10 (DC 24)
Stunning Blast: Affliction 8, +12 (DC Fort 18)
Stunning Strike: Affliction 8, +10 (DC Fort 18)
Sword Strike: Strength-based Strike 3, +10 (DC 24)
Tear Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 4 (DC Fort 14)
Throw, +12 (DC 21)
Thrown Daggers: Strength-based Damage 2, +12 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 21)

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 10, Toughness 8, Will 10

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 4, Evasion, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Critical: Sword Strike: Strength-based Strike 3, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Jack-of-all-trades, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Athletics 2 (+8), Deception 3 (+4), Expertise: Criminal 3 (+4), Expertise: Tactics 3 (+4), Intimidation 3 (+4), Investigation 3 (+4), Persuasion 3 (+4), Technology 2 (+3)

Powers
Enhanced Brain Capacity (Advantages: Eidetic Memory)
- Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Intellect 1 (Linked; +1 INT)
- Quickness: Quickness 2 (Linked; Perform routine tasks in -2 time ranks; Limited to One Type: Mental)

Enhanced Senses (Advantages: Evasion, Improved Initiative, Seize Initiative, Uncanny Dodge)
- Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Awareness 2 (Linked; +2 AWE)
- Senses: Senses 7 (Linked; Acute: Olfactory, Danger Sense: Auditory, Extended: Visual: x10, Extended: Auditory: x10, Infravision, Rapid: Visual, Rapid: Auditory)

Enhanced Strength, Speed, Agility, Stamina, Reflexes (Advantages: Diehard, Great Endurance)
- Immunity: Immunity 2 (Linked; Disease, Poison)
- Power-lifting: Power-lifting 1 (Linked; +2 STR for lifting)

Healing Factor
- Immortality: Immortality 4 (Linked; Return after 2 days)
- Regeneration: Regeneration 1 (Linked; Every 10 rounds; Persistent)

Omnium Steel Sword (Easily Removable (indestructible))
- Sword Strike: Strength-based Strike 3 (slashing, DC 24, Advantages: Improved Critical; Penetrating 8 )

Power Staff (Easily Removable (indestructible))
- Stunning Blast: Affliction 8 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Increased Range: ranged)
AE Energy Blast: Blast 8 (DC 23)
AE Staff Strike: Strength-based Strike 3 (bludgeoning, DC 24; Reach (melee): 5 ft.)
AE Stunning Strike: Affliction 8 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Reach (melee): 5 ft.)

Equipment
Arsenal
- Tear Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 4 (1st degree: Dazed, Impaired, 2nd degree: Stunned, Disabled, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 14; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range 2, Notes: Visual)
AE Flash Bang Grenades: Burst Area Affliction 4 (1st degree: Impaired, Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 14; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range 2, Notes: Visual and Auditory)
AE Fragmentation Grenades: Burst Area Blast 5 (DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere; Diminished Range 2)
AE Heavy Pistol: Blast 4 (DC 19)
AE Sleep Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 4 (1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Asleep, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 14; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, Increased Range: ranged)
AE Throwing Knives: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 23; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack; Diminished Range 2)

Omnium Steel Armor - Protection: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)

Power Points
Abilities 82 + Powers 55 + Advantages 18 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 181

Height: 6’4”
Weight: 225 lbs
Hair: White
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Code Of Ethics: Deathstroke has a set of personal guidelines he follows, but those seem to shift depending on the amounts of personal stress he is experiencing at any giving time. In the past he's not injured women and children in combat (even going out of his way to get them to safety) while other times he has bombed blocks worth of civilians in order to take out a target.

Motivation: Showing that he is the best there is at what he does.

Rivalry: As one of the world's top mercenaries, Deathstroke has a rivalry with Deadshot, Bullseye and other top level mercs but especially Pike, Ravager and Battlestone (the other surviving members of Team Cerberus).

Temporary Insanity: While Deathstroke can regenerate from even the most mortal of wounds, recovering from the Dying condition renders him insane and animalistic for a short period of time.

Background: Much of the adult life of Slade Wilson isn't known due to his working for the American Government as part of Top Secret Special Ops teams, though it is known that he was part of the Army Rangers originally before he was recruited into Team Cerberus, and he never shared much about himself with his teammates. When Slade and the other survivors of the team went into hiding, Slade took his family with him; getting false identities for himself and his pregnant wife Adeline.

Slade used various connections he'd developed during his time serving his country to travel to Africa and set himself up as a safari hunter, eventually developing a reputation as one of the the best of his time but the truth was that Slade forged a second new identity - that of Deathstroke, the Terminator, using the knowledge he had acquired from his military training and the physical enhancements he'd gained to become one of the greatest mercenary.

Slade managed to live his double secret life for several years before his family, which had grown to include two sons (Grant and Joseph) learned his secret. This was due to a group of hired mercenaries breaking into the family's mansion and kidnapping Joseph despite Adeline's attempts to fight them off while Slade was gone (actually finishing up a contract he'd taken on). When he returned home and learned what had happened, Slade came clean to Adeline and told her the truth of his activities and together they flew to Tangiers and squared off against a rival mercenary known as the Jackal. The Jackal wanted Slade to reveal important information relating to a client or else he would have his men kill Joseph.

Slade gambled that he could save his son before the Jackal could give the order but Joseph's throat was slashed by the Jackal before Slade could prevent it. Despite getting the boy to a local hospital, Joseph died from the injury and Adeline, enraged at his part in the death of her son, tried to kill Slade by shooting him but only managed to take out Slade's right eye. Afterward, his confidence in his physical abilities was such that Slade made no secret of his impaired vision, marked by his mask which has a black featureless half covering his lost eye. They divorced soon after. Adeline would later learn that she was pregnant with the Slade’s third child, a daughter, Rose. She kept the girl a secret from Slade for years, as Slade continued his mercenary work and Adeline moved the family fairly regularly to keep him from finding them easily.
Last edited by Aerlwyn on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Neo-Paladin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:09 pm

Nice! By the way, since the names are similar anyway, in this universe, Deadpool is a failed attempt by CADMUS to clone Deathstroke while at the same time using remaining tech and research obtained from the defunct weapon X project. The result is an assasin just as deadly as Deathstroke...but completely insane...

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Shadow13 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Aerlywn,

When I did Wolverine's background I had Slade part of Team X. I had him as part of the team that brought Logan in for the Weapon X procedure and Slade lost his eye when he tried to stop Weapon X from leaving. Be interesting seeing these 2 meet up since they might have a grudge be it implanted by Dept H or that they just don't like each other.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks will see if i can write that idea into the background.

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Wolverine Pl 10 180 pp

Post by Shadow13 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Note I have not finished this build I am working on a instinct survival mode that basically ramps up his healing factor. The basic idea is in combat and when he has taken a large amount of damage his body surges his healing factor on a instinctive survival mode. This is what let him survive the bonding process. The berserk rage is nothing more than higher functions of his brain shutting down so he instinctively takes out threats and survives. This has came up a various times in comics when people upgrade or downgrade his healing factor. What I think the draw back is his healing factor can be reduced if not negated if he stays in this mode too long since it has adverse effects on his body. Basically his body is being overclocked an can overload his healing factor. Kinda like how he survived Magneto ripping out his Adamantium and his healing factor burns out by repairing all that damage done to him.

I also gave him a Rank 10 feature with the limited drawback. While penetrating add dose a nice way of punching through impervious defense in Wolverines case it seems to more of a plot device since he can cut through anything except for Cap's shield, Vibraniumn, Thor's Hammer, Adamantium and other exotic material. Kinda the same drawback Lantern's had with effects everything except Yellow.

Maybe some thoughts on this. and help on this?

Wolverine PL 10 180 - PL 10

Strength 4, Stamina 5, Agility 4, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 4, Presence 1

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit, Ambidexterity, Chokehold, Close Attack 4, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Evasion 2, Great Endurance, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 1, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown 2

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 4 (+8), Deception 8 (+9), Expertise: Military 6 (+7), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 10 (+11), Perception 4 (+8), Stealth 4 (+8)

Powers
Animal Senses: Senses 11 (Accurate: Smell, Acute: Smell, Danger Sense: Smell, Extended: Smell 2: x100, Low-light Vision, Tracking: Smell 2: full speed, Ultra-hearing, Ultravision, Advantages: Evasion 2)

Bone Claws: Strength-based Strike 3+2 ([Stacking ranks: +2], DC 24; Split: 2 targets)

Feral instincts: Enhanced Trait 7 (Traits: Dodge +3 (+8), Parry +2 (+8), Advantages: Improved Initiative, Seize Initiative)

*Fight Survival Instinct "Berserker Mode"
Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Strength +1 (+5); Custom: x)
Regeneration: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds; Persistent, Stacks with: Regeneration: Regeneration 5; Custom: x)
Speed: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round; Stacks with: Speed: Speed 2)

Healing factor (Advantages: Diehard, Great Endurance)
Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 7 (Traits: Toughness +7 (+12))
Immunity: Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison; Limited - Half Effect)
Regeneration: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds; Persistent)

Speed: Speed 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)

Weapon X
Adamantium claws: Strike 2 (DC 17, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Affects Insubstantial: half ranks, Stacks with: Bone Claws: Strength-based Strike 3+2)
Cuts through anything except similar exotic substances: Feature
*Feature: Feature 10 (Limited: Cuts through anything except for X GM's call)
Immunity: Immunity 20 (Very Common Descriptor: Blunt Force; Limited - Half Effect)

Offense
Initiative +8
Adamantium laced Claws: Strength-based Strike 3+2, +10 (DC 24)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 14)
Throw, +2 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 19)

Complications
Disability: Memory Loss and PTSD
Faint or vague memories of who he is haunts him while he sleeps.
Ghost pains of wounds and of the bonding process.

Enemies: A long list who give clues into his past.
Team X of Weapon X part of the Weapon plus prgram
Omega Red
Hydra

Motivation: Acceptance: He is a Man not an animal.

Motivation: Recognition: Several groups know who he is and hint about his past with him.
Shield
Dept H
CIA

Motivation: Responsibility: He is responsible for protecting the kids who study at Xaiver's school for gifted students. None of these kids should know a fraction of hardships he has endured. If any group endangers those kids there will be a body count that no one is prepped for an he will hunt everyone responsible for hurting any of those kids.

Motivation: Thrills: He likes a good fight

Prejudice: Mutant
Killer

Relationship:
Jean- reminds him of Rose gives him faint memories of a wife he left behind.
Outcasts of the school look up to him. Several young students look up to him as a father figure. Namely Jubilee and Kitty Pride
CIA, Shield, Dept. H and other groups want to use him as needed.

Rivalry:
Sabertooth- brother but the brother part is unknown due partial memory implants urge him for hatred Creed knows Jimmy is his brother but is implanted false memory that Jimmy left Victor his brother for dead.
Scott Summer- Something about that kid irks him

Secret: Weapon X is part of the Weapon plus program. He is also the prototype of something far more sinister. (Prototype for the Horsemen of Aployacpse)

Temper: Yeah he has one.

Bullies he hates. You treat women badly he hates it. You harm a kid your dead. You harm the kids he is responsible for he will hunt you down and there is nowhere to hide and nowhere is safe from his vengance.

Weakness: Vulnerable to Magnetics and Electric attacks

Languages
Chinese (Mandarin), English

Defense
Dodge 8/5, Parry 8/6, Fortitude 10, Toughness 12/5, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 75 + Advantages 18 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 180
Last edited by Shadow13 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Still need to cut back 4pp to make pl 10/180pp. Anyone have any suggestions?

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Shadow13 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:19 pm

Reduce Awareness by 1 and int by 1 maybe?

The Kryptonian
Cohort
Cohort

Post by The Kryptonian » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:21 pm

Hey Shadow,

Question for you, since my young Darkseid build is going to be centered around Xavier & the X-Men, since he will have been mind wiped 1 1/2 years ago after the conclusion of the event. I was going to have Wolverine be one of the heroes to suggest not just killing the young clone outright. But seeing as there are other people submitting some personages, Iron Man & Wolverine specifically, that I don't want to necessarily meta game other peoples characters.

Anyways, just curious where your version of Wolverine would fall in that decision?

Also, a couple questions ... why does Wolverine's claws cut Insubstantial? I mean it's your build, but with an iconic character, I don't think he has *ever* been able to hurt Kitty Pride, but it's just me.

And from a balance point of view there is NO way Immunity to bludgeoning is 5 points, Blunt attacks are everything from the Hulk, to Thor, to Cap's shield, to Superman's punches, and Flashes super speed attacks. The way I see it is that Immunity to ALL Toughness effects is 80 points, split that four ways between Blunt, Sharp, Piercing & Energy means 20 points each ... again I am not Neo Paladin, but if you can half the effectiveness of almost 75% of attacks against you for 2 points? Just doesn't seem costly enough ...
"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear ... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share--I'll never stop fighting. Ever."