Ultimate Showdown: Tournament style OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
jemal
Hero
Hero

Re: Ultimate Showdown: Tournament style Recruiting

Postby jemal » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:05 am

A NOTE TO EVERYONE:

I'm not sure how I've overlooked it until now, but I've just noticed a lot of characters have Takedown.
None of the contestants will be minions, and I only have one planned 'event' that utilizes minions at all (And you're not all guaranteed to participate in that particular event), so you may all wish to take something else..

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:52 am

NekoArc wrote:Ok, here we go with my replacement character. I hope everything is ok with it.

Overall it looks good, I do have one comment first off : I'm guessing you play a lot of 2e and not so much 3e? You keep using 2e terms and powers. 'blast' 'snare' 'reflex', 'wisdom', etc. Not so much a problem, just an observation.

True Ancestor Physiology" Extra: Innate (26 pp)
*Protection: 10
*Enhanced Advantages 2 (Ultimate Toughness, Diehard)
*Regenerate: 1 Extra: Persistant
*Immunity: 10 (Life support)

Life Support may be fairly circumstantial. I'm not saying don't take it, b/c you could have use of it, but just a warning that some of it may not come into play.. very dependant on where/how things go.

"Vampiric Senses" (3 pp)
*Senses: 3 (Low light vision, Extended Hearing, Scent)

If you're going for vampiric senses, I would suggest Acute scent rather than extended, though since the base olfactory is essentially close range, you may want to make it ranged as well (Which technically you'd have to do before buying extended for it anyway).

True ancestor array (34 pp)
BP: "Melty Blood" Snare: 10 Ex: Accurate 2
AP: "Enhanced Strength &Claws" Enhanced Strength: 9 Damage: 5 str based Ex: extended reach (air pressure) , Increased Critical
AP: "Mystic Eyes of Enchantment" Affliction:11 (Dazed, Compelled) Extra: Perception Ranged, flaw: Limited to 2 degrees, Sight Dependant

'melty blood snare' I'm guessing this is using the 'snare' example affliction? So it's
Affliction 1/rank, Ranged +1/rank, Resisted by Dodge +0/rank, Cumulative +1/rank, Extra Condition +1/rank, Limited Degree -1/rank = 3/rank X10 ranks =30 +2 Accurate feats = 32pp
Please also note on your sheet the conditions it inflicts.
Enhanced Str & Claws: Enhanced str 9 = 18pp. Damage 5 + extended reach + Improved crit = 7pp. Total of Str&Claws=25pp. This is under the amount you could have, so I would suggest dropping your Close combat: Claws skill and putting two ranks of Accurate on this, which would save you 2pp.
Mystic Eyes: Affliction 1/rank, + 2/rank perception range, - 1/rank Limited degree, -1/rank Sense Dependant: Sight = 1/rank. 11 ranks = 11pp. You could drop the limited degree flaw and still be 10pp under your cost limit as an AP. On the other hand, I'd rather not have full mind control..
Also keep in mind that making it sight dependant gives them a reflex save to negate in addition to the will save.

Melty Blood: + 12 (Reflex DC 20)

there's no Reflex, I'm guessing you mean Dodge

Complications:
Naive: Arcuied has very limited experience with people and can come off as an airhead. Outside of combat she does not use her wisdom bonus to resist Deception checks.

I'm guessing this is supposed to be awareness since there's no wisdom in this edition?
Also, a -2 vs noncombat deception checks is not worth a hero point.
My suggestion would be I can use it on an insight check she would have otherwise passed (in or out of combat), causing her to fail if it's suitable for her 'naivette', and THEN you would gain a hero point.

Garlic: Unlike the other vampires of her world eating garlic makes her sick and she will become Nauseated if she ingests it.

Is this an affliction she has to resist or just a roleplaying thing? Does the nausea have any actual in game effect?

Vampiric impulses: Like all True Ancestors Arcuied has a Psychological impulse to drink the blood of others. Usually she is able to surpress it by pure will power however if she is badly damaged or fatigued and there is a lot of blood around or an opportunity to drink blood she becomes dazed.

Dazed just looses her move action.. is that her spending some of her 'energy' fighting the urge to drink, meaning she never gives in and is just dazed when the temptation arises?

Odd appearance: She looks mostly human but her red eyes mark her as something else, this is particularly true when is angry or uses her mystic eyes as they turn yellow and glow.

she's going to look significantly more human than the majority of other contestants, and here there is no such thing as 'normal', so this will not matter.

NekoArc
Bystander
Bystander

Postby NekoArc » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:22 pm

Overall it looks good, I do have one comment first off : I'm guessing you play a lot of 2e and not so much 3e? You keep using 2e terms and powers. 'blast' 'snare' 'reflex', 'wisdom', etc. Not so much a problem, just an observation.

*Face palm* err... sorry I guess I didn't check this as carefully as I thought I had. This will be my first 3rd edition game.

Life Support may be fairly circumstantial. I'm not saying don't take it, b/c you could have use of it, but just a warning that some of it may not come into play.. very dependant on where/how things go.

I'll keep it, even if it just turns out to be fluff that's fine.

If you're going for vampiric senses, I would suggest Acute scent rather than extended, though since the base olfactory is essentially close range, you may want to make it ranged as well (Which technically you'd have to do before buying extended for it anyway).

Err I am sorry if I didn't make this clear but she does have Acute scent, the sense that is extended is her hearing not olfactory

'melty blood snare' I'm guessing this is using the 'snare' example affliction? So it's
Affliction 1/rank, Ranged +1/rank, Resisted by Dodge +0/rank, Cumulative +1/rank, Extra Condition +1/rank, Limited Degree -1/rank = 3/rank X10 ranks =30 +2 Accurate feats = 32pp
Please also note on your sheet the conditions it inflicts.

Sorry yeah it's just the snare example affliction I just put snare for ease of reference but I'll change that

Enhanced Str & Claws: Enhanced str 9 = 18pp. Damage 5 + extended reach + Improved crit = 7pp. Total of Str&Claws=25pp. This is under the amount you could have, so I would suggest dropping your Close combat: Claws skill and putting two ranks of Accurate on this, which would save you 2pp.

Alright I'll do that

Mystic Eyes: Affliction 1/rank, + 2/rank perception range, - 1/rank Limited degree, -1/rank Sense Dependant: Sight = 1/rank. 11 ranks = 11pp. You could drop the limited degree flaw and still be 10pp under your cost limit as an AP. On the other hand, I'd rather not have full mind control..
Also keep in mind that making it sight dependant gives them a reflex save to negate in addition to the will save.

Huh actually I didn't know about the extra save but it's alright, instead of extra degree I think I will add cumulative that way it's still hypnosis but if she can manage keep at it she will eventually get them fully hypnotized as she breaks through their will.

Complications:
Naive: Arcuied has very limited experience with people and can come off as an airhead. Outside of combat she does not use her wisdom bonus to resist Deception checks.

I'm guessing this is supposed to be awareness since there's no wisdom in this edition?
Also, a -2 vs noncombat deception checks is not worth a hero point.
My suggestion would be I can use it on an insight check she would have otherwise passed (in or out of combat), causing her to fail if it's suitable for her 'naivette', and THEN you would gain a hero point.

Err yeah again just used to the previous edition that's why I wrote wisdom, and I think your suggestion works better. It's more a role playing thing anyway but I was just not sure how to properly express it.

Garlic: Unlike the other vampires of her world eating garlic makes her sick and she will become Nauseated if she ingests it.
Is this an affliction she has to resist or just a roleplaying thing? Does the nausea have any actual in game effect?

Huh I guess 3e has no nauseated condition, it can be either, or. The only time it came up in the games she acted sick and laid on the floor for a bit, but then she wasn't in combat or anything, I would say it might have some minor penalty until she could make a fort save to shake it.

Vampiric impulses: Like all True Ancestors Arcuied has a Psychological impulse to drink the blood of others. Usually she is able to surpress it by pure will power however if she is badly damaged or fatigued and there is a lot of blood around or an opportunity to drink blood she becomes dazed.

Dazed just looses her move action.. is that her spending some of her 'energy' fighting the urge to drink, meaning she never gives in and is just dazed when the temptation arises?

That is correct she is using her energy to fight off the temptation, hence it would only be a factor when she was low on energy like when she is badly injured. Since she chose to die rather than drink blood she could probably keep herself from doing so though with great effort hence the complication.

she's going to look significantly more human than the majority of other contestants, and here there is no such thing as 'normal', so this will not matter.

You do have a point, I guess never mind on this complication

Also I think I will drop her down to 1 rank of take down, she does tend to mow through waves of lesser enemies but 1 rank should be fine.

valhalla_bound
Bystander
Bystander

Postby valhalla_bound » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:23 pm

Hello! Is the recruiting for this closed? I am new to the system (only a couple sessions) and completely new to play by post forum games.

Voidrazor
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Voidrazor » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:28 pm

Merlin Ambrosius - PL 11

Theme Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0d4qM7gCH8

Abilities 24pp
Strength 0, Stamina 4, Agility 0, Dexterity 1, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 5, Presence 2

Advantages 1pp (Fearless 1 and Benefit: Smart free from Presence)
Fearless 2, Benefit: Smart, (from powers: Assessment, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Evasion 2, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative 4, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge)

Skills 16pp
Close Combat: Transmogrification 1 (+1), Deception 19 (+21), Insight 4 (+9), Perception 8 (+13)

Powers 111pp
Draconic Soulshift: Morph 1 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Single form; Metamorph) 6pp
Practical Prophecy (Advantages: Assessment, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Evasion 2, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative 4, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge) 11pp
Combat Prescience: Enhanced Trait 28 (Traits: Dodge +14 (+14), Parry +14 (+14)) 28pp
Seer's Vision: Senses 17 (Vision Counters All Concealment, Counters Illusion, Penetrates Concealment; Awareness: Cosmic, Danger Sense, Precognition) 17pp
Flesh of the Archmagus: Protection 4 (Feature: Can have no display or give off a noticable glow) 5pp

Magic: Damage 11 (DC 26; Accurate 5: +10, Incurable, Ranged, Indirect 4: any point, any direction, Subtle 2) 44pp
Dynamic Alt - Transmogrification: Cumulative Affliction 11 (Alternate; 1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Will, DC 21; Accurate 5: +10, Cumulative, Reversible, Reach 4, Incurable, Feature: Persistent Regen is slowed)
Dynamic Alt - Weave the Elements: Create 11 (Volume: 2000 cft., DC 21, Advantages: Accurate Attack, Power Attack, All-Out Attack; Accurate 5: +10, Precise, Subtle: look natural, Indirect 2: any point)
Dynamic Alt - Wards: Create 11 (Alternate; Volume: 2000 cft., DC 21; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Continuous, Stationary, Accurate 5: +10; Diminished Range 2, Limited: Only to create hollow spheres and spheroid sections, Quirk: Cannot support Weight)
Dynamic Alt - Animal Form: Multiple Effects
Morph 3 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Broad group)
Shrinking 8 (-2 STR, -4 Intimidate, +8 Stealth, +4 active defenses, -2 size categories, -1 speed ranks)
Enhanced Trait: +6 Stealth
Dynamic Alt - Far Sight: Multiple Effects
Senses 22 (Sustained; Acute, Analytical, Detect Magic and Detect Weakness [visual]; Extended 4: x10k cosmic awareness; Radius, Tracking, Extended 2: x100 vision; Postcognition; all Stacking with Seer's Vision)
Enhanced Trait: +8 Perception, +11 Insight

Complications
Motivation: Responsibility - Seek the greater good, regardless of the cost.
Motivation: Patriotism - Protect Britain (which is currently under existential threat) even if the means that must be employed are less than noble.
Honor - Never lie mislead instead, never cheat or steal from those who don't deserve it,

Offense
Initiative +16
Affliction: Cumulative Affliction 11, +10 (DC Will 21)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Magic: Magic 11, +11 (DC 26)
Throw, +2 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Languages
English

Defense 13pp
Dodge 14/0, Parry 14/0, Fortitude 11, Toughness 8, Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 114 + Advantages 2 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 162

--------------------

Draconic Soulshift Form - PL 11

Abilities 48pp
Strength 12, Stamina 12, Agility 3, Dexterity 0, Fighting 10, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 3

Advantages 18pp
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Defensive Attack, Evasion 2, Fast Grab, Improved Critical 4: Unarmed, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack

Skills 4pp
Intimidation 8 (+15)

Powers 72pp
Draconic Soulshift: Morph 1 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Single form; Metamorph) 6pp
Flame Breath: Cone Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, Secondary Effect) 33pp
Winged Flight: Flight 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round; Wings)
Growth: Growth 8 (+8 STR, +8 STA, +4 Intimidate, -8 Stealth, -4 active defenses, +2 size categories, +1 speed ranks; Permanent)
Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 13 (Noticeable: armored scales, Unreliable (roll))
Protection: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
Draconic Olfactory Sensorium: Senses 4 (Accurate, Acute, Analytical Smell)

Complications
Motivation: Responsibility - Seek the greater good, regardless of the cost.
Arrogant: Others must appear truly impressive or perform a herculean feat to be considered equals.
Temper: Never forgets a slight, and backing down requires a Will roll.

Offense
Initiative +11
Blast: Cone Area Blast 11 (DC 26)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 22)
Throw, +0 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 27)

Languages
English

Defense 23pp
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 12, Toughness 13, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 72 + Advantages 18 + Skills 4 (8 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 165
Last edited by Voidrazor on Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Walking Dad » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:28 pm

Sorry, I have to bow out of this :(

RL takes much more time than expected and I have barely time for the already ongoing games. Better to leave one that hasn't started yet. I hope there are no hard feelings.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds

valhalla_bound
Bystander
Bystander

Postby valhalla_bound » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:54 pm

Hello. Is this full? Can I join?

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:22 pm

sorry to see you go WD.

Valhalla:
At the moment it would seem so, since we just had another drop before we can finalize everything, but I've been hoping to get started soon. Hopefully we'll be able to finalize the others while you (quickly I hope. ;) ) create your character, then we can finally get started. :)

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:46 am

I'll get to update Smoke sometime today.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:51 am

Will do another round on all characters sometime in the next day or two.

Thank you to all who're still around, I know this has been a slow starter but I think when it does get going it'll be worth it. :)

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:52 am

I am working on a background and a build, I just been under thr weather for the past couple days.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Alex
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Alex » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:19 am

Hum hello again, well i made a character for this campain,(it's elsa, in case you haven't guessed) and i woul like to play too, please

Alex
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Alex » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:20 am

It's on page 7 of this thread, i think

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:47 am

Smoke is updated. I changed Smoke to a separate power, and changed chakra strike to a strength effect.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:47 am

All the talk of Vegeta in this thread makes me want to try making Nappa (Abridged) or perhaps just revising Piccolo to PL 11.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Return to “M&M Game Room”